• Published 8th Oct 2020
  • 1,581 Views, 181 Comments

Letters From The Enemy Inside - The Sleepless Beholder



Shortly after dealing with Starlight Glimmer and her cult. Twilight starts to get strange letters from the unicorn dictator.

  • ...
2
 181
 1,581

The Invitation Letters

Dear possible friends.

So, how do I put this? My now official landlord, Princess Twilight, has been helping me deal with some problems of my past regarding a certain friend, and to help that process, she suggested getting some new friends.
The problem with that is; I don’t really know anypony who I haven’t done or tried to do something bad. Like, brainwashing, destroying their friendship, stealing their cutie marks, all of that.
However, since you don’t have a cutie mark, you’ve helped me before, and I’ve done nothing against any of you, I was wondering if you would like to hang out sometime here in the castle? Play some games? Drink hot coco? Eat some cupcakes? What do you say?

Am I doing this right?

Your possible new friend,
Starlight Glimmer.


Dear Starlight Glimmer.

This sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Count me in!

Your new friend,
Discord.


Dear Starlight Glimmer,

I do have a cutie mark, so if you promise not to take it away, I think it would be a good way to unwind from a day of scheming.

Your new comrade,
Cozy Glow.


Dear Starlight Glimmer,

I would gladly spend some time with you instead of remaining in this cursed cell. However, you would need to ask Celestia to let me go out on parole to do so.

Your new associate,
Lord Tirek.


Dear Lord Tirek,

I can take care of that easily.

Your prison breaker,
Discord.


Dear Starlight Glimmer,

I was about to deny your offer, but it suddenly got really interesting, so I will join your little group. I expect some very good cupcakes.

Your new acquaintance,
Queen Chrysalis.


Dear Starlight Glimmer,

Do you have room for one more?

Your recently resurrected possible future ally,
King Sombra.


“And that’s what happened,” Starlight finished explaining to Twilight, with all the major villains of Equestria, plus one filly, waiting patiently behind her to be let inside the castle.

Twilight’s jaw was burrowing into the ground. “H-how? How did you even–?”

Discord blew a raspberry. “Oh, liven up Twilight, this is just in good fun.”

The alicorn frowned. “Your definition of fun is not healthy for anypony. And I can’t just let you-”
“Letter from Celestia,” Spike interrupted her, handing her the piece of paper.

Twilight quickly opened it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I want to see where this is going.

Your intrigued monarch,
Princess Celestia.

“What?! But how am I going to make sure they don’t do something nefarious?” Twilight exclaimed.

“That’s why I’m here!” Luna shouted from behind the crowd.

“Hey, if you’re going to stay with us, at least dress accordingly,” Chrysalis complained, and Luna rolled her eyes before turning into Nightmare Moon.

“Does anycreature want cupcakes?” Spike offered, and the crowd agreed as they pushed Twilight aside so they could enter the castle.

Once they were alone, Starlight looked downcast. “I ruined everything again.”

Twilight sighed. “No, you did exactly what I told you to do. It’s just… these aren’t the kind of friends that will help you feel better.”

Starlight sat down. “They were the only ones that came to my mind.” She put her hooves against her face. “I’m a lost cause.”

Twilight gently pushed her hooves aside. “You’re not a lost cause, you’re just still learning. Me and my friends passed through a lot of friendship lessons before we became who we are today. I don’t expect you to do the same in just a couple of days.”

Starlight looked up at her landlord. “What do I do then? Tell them to leave?”

Twilight looked back at the castle with a frown. “As much as I would like to, denying them what you promised could be more detrimental than just letting them gather in a place where we can keep an eye on them.” The princess took a moment to think, and came up with an idea. “How about you go find one more friend? One that isn’t a public enemy of Equestria.”

“I guess I can try,” Starlight said, not really convinced.

“I’m sure you will do fine Starlight, just relax and be yourself. If you can somehow charm all these villains into eating cupcakes together, getting a new friend will be a piece of cake.” Starlight smiled a little, comforted by her words, and slowly stood up. “Now, if you excuse me, I need to see that our guests behave.”

The alicorn left in a hurry, and Starlight started walking towards the center of the town.
“Okay, who in this town could be my friend? Somepony who doesn’t know me, that’s not an enemy of Equestria, and that’s smart or stubborn enough that I can’t brainwash them if I wanted.” She then saw a small stage being prepared right next to a blue traveling wagon.
“There’s a new pony in town?” Starlight wondered as she got closer. “Uh! She seems to be a magician.”

Author's Note:

And so, this story concludes. At least until I start a new one, more elaborate and less lettery, right where this one ended.
I hope you liked this little side project, I know I did, and don't forget to go read the original version of this story with Queen Lovebug.

Now, I'm going to sleep.

Goodnight!

Comments ( 32 )

This was a funny ending. ^^

I'd love to see Twilights reaction to her picking Trixie. ^^

10488634
Starlight: well, she isn't an enemy of Equestria right now.

Twilight: *banging her head against the table*

Chrysalis: *taking pictures*

10488605
Touché 11 hit die aberration. Touché.

While their security is garbage Equestria’s mail service is an example for us all.

It's a house party! I love the image we get here of a crowd of chattering villains piling into the castle like it's game night.

You know, I half expected Starlight to randomly walk into Grogar at the end, but Trixie will do too.
Or Flim and Flam.

Discord: And now I call into session the first meeting of Equestrian Villains League or as I like to call it *snort* EViL.

Ah so many villains. This is the best kind of chaos.

10488634

After what happened in this chapter, Twilight might prefer Starlight picking Trixie much more than she did in canon:rainbowlaugh:

Ri2

10489328
No, they should call themselves the League of Villainous Evildoers Maniacally United For Frightening Investments in Naughtiness. Derpy keeps showing up to meetings for some reason.

10489851
Love muffin? really?

Ri2

10490320
It's not the first time there's been an evil organization by that name.

And that’s what happened,” Starlight finished explaining to Twilight, with all the mayor villains of Equestria

major

10490345
And plagiarism is truly evil. Genius!

10677615
Yes. Gandhi had the lowest aggression in the game, he would always take a specific policy eventually that lowered his aggression to a negative number. The program couldn’t handle negative numbers so it looped it to the maximum level, guaranteeing a nuke.

Twiligth is just biased. Ignore her.

Also there was no promise of not taking away Luna(tic)s cutiemark. Would make fine decoration and start for revived collection.

PS. Wonder what board and card games they used to spend their meeting with.

10683873
I do not recognize that name. What kind of game is it? ...Or should I take that literally? They made pit in the castle and threw some passerby to keep Spike company?

10683995
It's the game Starlight and Sunburst used to play when they were young

10684009
Ah. Sorry, only season I actually completely watched was 3rd so I would't know. Being literal minded though gives much more options for comedy, as shown above. Spike being dragon was actually just an afterthought. Them being gang of villains they might have actually used something like that for entertainment. With actually violent one. But that wouldn't lead to anything funny.

10684023
They suggesting what you're suggesting it's pretty funny idea

10684041
You did at least imply there beind continuation of this sometime. More incendiary for the fires of creativity!
I should have probably used fuel instead but I am re-reading discord fiction and normal words don't just feel quite right right now. And I think I broke grammar with that last one.

10684054
It's one of those things on my to do list, although it will probably be a sort of connected anthology than a full series like this one.

10684060
For quality I can wait.
Actually when it comes to quantity it tends to drive me away. So that just goes double for well written, or at least thought out plot. I usually pick up on inconsistencies.

10690239
I tend not to look at magic from a D&D perspective. Mainly due to the semi absurdity behind many of the spell components and finding some areas lacking in terms of actual spells available.

10690368
It's probably impossible to set in writing all the possible applications of a magic system. I also generally just use DnD as a reference rather than a guideline

10690373
It’s why I prefer stuff like the HERO system. You can build your own stuff there.

I can't wait to see where you go next with this! This was well written, beautifully thought out and just an awesome story with humor, drama, sadness, and more humor. Great job!

This started off very funny and ended very emotionally; I loved it.

I suspect Starlight's actions here will end up being far more beneficial than anypony realizes...

11595704
Who the fuck actually cares, spambott :twilightangry2:.

Login or register to comment