• Published 7th Feb 2022
  • 7,897 Views, 547 Comments

The Sparkle of Unlife - Semivivus



Twilight never does anything wrong. Until she accidentally becomes undead overnight.

  • ...
9
 547
 7,897

Interlude - Halloween Special

Fluttershy was feeling nervous about Nightmare Night. That wasn't anything particularly new, per say, as she had always spent most of the previous spooky seasons hiding under her bed until the terrifying foals went away. What was new was the bowl of candy by her door, and the 'less-than-spooky' costume she was wearing.

"Stop fiddling, my dear. You look wonderful." Came the purring voice of a particular draconequus who had stopped to admire himself in the mirror. Fluttershy gave him a nervous smile as she lowered her hooves from the little kitty-cat headband on her head. She still didn't have the courage to dress as any sort of witch or pirate or, Celestia-forbid, a zombie... but dressing up as a cute animal? She could do that.

"You'll stay by me the whole time, right?" She asked, her voice even softer than her usual nearly-inaudible volume.

"Of course! I'll make sure you have the best Nightmare Night possible... and we are still going to that party, right my dear?" The demi-deity asked, his signature Cheshire grin still on his face.

Fluttershy only gave a tiny nod in response.

"Perfect! That gives us a good couple of hours before hand to give out candy, and terrify the socks off the unlucky souls who knock on that door." Discord cackled, his eyes narrowing in malevolent glee.

"I guess it is pretty cold tonight, if they're wearing socks they should probably keep them on." Fluttershy responded with a small smile. "So maybe don't scare them quite that much?"

Discord sighed, wiping the grin off his face. "Fine." He grumbled morosely, only to instantly smile again as he heard the doorbell ring.

Slithering through the air to the door with his closest friend slowly trotting behind him. Wrenching the door open, he got ready to scream a terrifying shout at whatever poor fool opened the door... only to have a rolled up newspaper smack him on the snout.

Blinking, he opened his mouth only for the paper to swat it shut again. "You t'were right, Sister! Going door to door is fun!" Came the exuberant cry from the lunar princess levitating the roll.

Celestia sighed and adjusted the pitch black crown on her head. "I'm glad you're having fun, but next time can I choose my own costume? This black paint is going to take hours to get out of my fur. And I look ridiculous with these insect wings next to my real ones."

Luna just stuck her tongue out at her elder sister before turning back to Discord. "We have come to demand the delicious spoils from your domicile!"

Discord rubbed his forehead, trying to massage down the bump slowly growing from the repeated cellulose-based percussion upon his self. "I may have been locked in stone for nearly a millennia, but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to sing a little ditty, not smack and threaten ponies door-to-door."

"Of course! We are aware of the traditions, but when it comes to your face, We cannot help but give it a royal smacking!" Luna replied cheerfully, adjusting the witch's hat on her own head.

"Luna, Luna, Luna." He purred, "You cannot always demand what you want. Sometimes you have to-" Discord began, only to be interrupted by Celestia taking the newspaper and continuing the assault upon his poor face.

"Sweets or statue, Discord. Your choice." The royal and regal sun diarch said, pretending not to eyeball the overflowing bowl of candy just outside her reach.

Discord wisely deposited a clawful of candy into each of their buckets, not pressing his luck.

"Huzzah!" Luna cried out, before immediately turning and skipping down the dirt path away from Fluttershy's cottage. Celestia only sighed and trotted after her, giving a polite nod to Fluttershy before she left.

Discord slowly shut the door, grumbling to himself. "That was awful. You do the next one." He spoke with a grimace, crossing his mismatched limbs and floating over to the sofa.

Fluttershy just gave a small smile and nodded. "There's some iced tea in the fridge if you want."

"Thanks." He called back, disappearing from her view. The butter-colored pegasus laughed softly under her breath and shook her head, turning around to walk away from the door only to hear the distance sounds of young voices. Blinking, she turned back towards her door as the sounds got closer and more distinct, the sounds of foals arguing until they reached her door.

A moment later the voices quieted, and she heard a single polite knock at the door. After a short breath to calm her nerves, she slowly turned the handle and drew the door in barely an inch, peeking through the crack.

"Nightmare Night! What a fright! Give us something sweet to bite!" Came the loud chorus of young voices that nearly made her slam the door shut again. Once she had finally calmed her nerves to peak through the crack, she felt herself relax as she spotted the terrible trio of crusaders staring up at her with expectations in their eyes, and not enough candy in their buckets.

Swinging the door open, she gave a small smile at the three of them, before blinking in surprise at the sight of a fourth foal. Trapped inbetween the robot-costumed Sweetie Belle, Applebloom disguised as an orange juice carton and Scootaloo with an extra two pairs of legs strapped to her barrel and googly eyes plastered to her forehead was a fourth young pony. The young colt had a bone white coat, and a mane dark as pitch, and appeared to lack any kind of irises or pupils. Attached to his back was a pair of feathery white wings, and a plastic halo was suspended over his head by a wire.

"Oh my." She gasped softly, looking between them. "All your costumes are so scary!"

The three girls preened happily, thought the colt blinked in confusion. "Angels are scary?" He asked softly.

"Well, no. But the scythe is!" Fluttershy responded with a small smile.

The girls didn't give them much more of a chance to converse as the lifted up their buckets expectantly and Fluttershy gave a soft chuckle in response, missing the quite murmur of 'not part of the costume...' from the young colt.

Lifting a hoof full of sweets into each of their pails, she gave another smile. "I don't think I've met you before. Are you friends of the crusaders?"

The colt grinned and nodded. "Yes ma'am! Miss Twilight asked me to watch over them tonight."

Fluttershy gave a small giggle in response. The tiny colt looked to be even younger than the girls, so she was sure it was the other way around. Not wanting to spoil his mood, she nodded. "Well, I'm sure you're doing a great job. They're not even covered in tree sap."

"Not covered in tree sap yet." Sweetie Belle emphasized, glaring at Scootaloo who very maturely stuck her tongue out in response.

Applebloom rolled her eyes and gave a grin up at older pegasus. "Thank you, Miss Fluttershy!" She chirped out, followed by a chorus from the other children (Scootaloo was slightly delayed by her joyous cheer at finding a full sized Oh Pony bar in her bucket.)

"Say hello to Uncle Discord for me!" The colt called out before turning around to sprint after the quickly retreating forms of his friends, much to the butterscotch pegasus's confusion.

Giggling again, Fluttershy waved them off and shut the door, returning to Discord after a moment. Sitting herself down on the armchair across from her chaotic friend, she blinked at him again. Noticing the dark, heavy bags under his eyes and the look of absolute exhaustion on his face, she frowned slightly. He looked like he hadn't slept well in months, despite having definitely looked as wide awake as ever earlier this morning. "What was your costume again?" She asked softly.

"The author." Discord replied.

Author's Note:

Halloween specials are cool guys, right?
I haven't forgotten about all of you! I'll hopefully have more time to write next term, I should have more time after my classes and sleep more!

Happy Halloween!

Comments ( 21 )

This was a delightful distraction. :ajsmug:I thank you for the heart warming moment. I kinda need it. :fluttercry:Just lost my dad so this was helpful.

The fact that Death has become part of the CMC is both funny and scary.

11734529
I suddenly want to see the Sisters' reaction of meeting Death.

11734529

I agree 120%

"The author." Discord replied.

Hahahahahahah

11734527

Sorry about your father.

A supernatural creature going as himself as a funny idea.

Good blurb!

Ah, I love me a good newspaper smack in the face.
Glad to see you again!

Aw man. Hiatus?

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA Discord is disguised of the author, understandable spooky to go with the Hiatus label.

The author. Hah! Sorry to hear that, Semivivus :twilightsheepish:

Was still a sweet chapter!

11734527
Sorry to hear that :pinkiesad2: In the darkest of times, laughter and cheer is the most important. Try to treat yourself, enjoy what you can.

Giggling again, Fluttershy waved them off and shut the door, returning to Discord after a moment. Sitting herself down on the armchair across from her chaotic friend, she blinked at him again. Noticing the dark, heavy bags under his eyes and the look of absolute exhaustion on his face, she frowned slightly. He looked like he hadn't slept well in months.

Ayo he like me frfr

"The author." Discord replied.

💀

Trapped inbetween the robot-costumed Sweetie Belle,

Idk if this is intentional or not but is this a reference to something? Perhaps "FIW"?



Oh yeah, also please continue the story, I wanna know what happens. 😄
Hopefully there's a good ending and not a dark ending where something bad happens and Twilight ends up being permenantly dead or something.

11807943
"Friendship Is Witchcraft"

It's a fan made series on YouTube, it's also the beginning of Sweetie Bot and where the entire lore of Sweetie Bot began.

11807945
Thanks i’ll check it out

Well, this story was good to kill (heh) a couple hours with. I look forward to more when you get back from nerd college... you nerd. :rainbowwild:

Comment posted by Kneesocks deleted March 17th
Login or register to comment