• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,274 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,274

Chapter 15: The Wrath of Midnight Sparkle Part 3 (By Golden Flare and ShootingStar25)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (OC), Isaac (OC), The Rainbooms, and the Shadowbolts
Decks: Prophecy/Spellbook, .EXE, and Dark Magician + custom cards

These Midnight Sparkle chapters, parts 1-3, were written mainly by ShootingStar25, but some of this part was written by me, so it makes sense that I would include him in the chapter title instead of just the Author's Notes like I've been doing before. Please give credit where credit is due.

Enix was shellshocked that the inspector and his assistants figured out that he wasn't from around here, but even so, he tried to be ready in case they tried to cuff him.

"Inspector. This is NOT the time." Enix said, sternly.

"I don't particularly care! Cuff him, ladies! Don't forget to read him his rights!" Yokozawa ordered.

Jinyo and Mahno approached Enix with caution and cuffs in hand.

"Inspector, listen, there's a lot going on that you don't understand. The school and its students are in trouble." Enix pleaded.

"You have the right to remain silent," Jinyo began, "if you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

"You guys need to let me go, if you don't, SOMEONE is going to be killed!" Enix warned.

"You have a right to an attorney," Mahno continued, "if you can't afford one, the court will provide one for you."

"Move aside," Enix reached for his Duel Disk, "I don't wanna use force!"

"Then I'LL do it!"

"Huh?" the assistants uttered as a plume of smoke burst through the area, making everyone cough while rushing to catch Enix and whoever dropped that smoke bomb.

When the smoke finally cleared, it was revealed to be none other than Phantom Thief Lucky Clover!

"Lucky Clover?! Grab him, quick!" Yokozawa ordered as the two rushed him and Enix.

Lucky pulled out a hand of five cards and declared, "ROYAL FLASH!!"

Just then, a bright light blinded them as they continued their charge and hit something hard.

"We got 'em! We got...huh?" Mahno stopped and saw the two expanding until they popped and revealed to be two makeshift scrap-iron scarecrows covered with Lucky Clover's image gum made to look like him and Enix.

"Ugh! I hate that guy!" Yokozawa groaned.

Meanwhile, the two aforementioned escapees made their way to the school's front entrance.

"I'm glad I found you, you lost some time, but Twilight managed to summon her Barian Number." Lucky explained.

"Alright, go find Jack, let me know if you found anything." Enix said.

"Got it!"

The two split up to do their respective jobs as Enix put on his Augma head device to check how much time he had left:

COUNTDOWN TO CHAOS CORRECTION
00:10:00

"Oh no..." Enix uttered, then tried to get in touch with Shinkokuna once again, but the result was the same; static, "Why aren't you picking up?"

Enix continued to the school's entrance and opened the front door...


Midnight Sparkle: 3,900 LP
Golden Flare: 4,000 LP

Turn 28: Golden Flare - Hand: 5

"It's my draw! Hyahh!" shouted the boy as he took his turn. He stopped momentarily to look at his hand before touching his pad and looking at the field.

Okay. So, let's assess. She's got five monsters currently out. With that Spellbook of the Mystic Arts, she can't take any battle damage from her monsters unless they battle Spellcasters. Then...there's her Spellbook of Resurgence. She already played it, and for the rest of the Duel, she can revive her destroyed Spellcasters and gain Life Points equal to half of her monsters' Attack Points. Then...there's her Spellbook of Xyz Transfer. Anytime her monsters revive, they produce an Xyz Token card as an Overlay Unit for her Number. But...that might be the clue to beat her. Her Number is no longer a Spellcaster since the Equip Spell card that made it was taken out when AJ's Starving Venom Fusion Dragon was destroyed. So, that means she's gonna do everything she can to protect her Number.

"Are you gonna make a move, or are you gonna keep your thoughts to yourself?" taunted Midnight.

"I'll summon my NumberMan.EXE (900/900) in Defense Mode!" said Golden as a humanoid robot with a blinking light bulb for a head appeared on the field. "Then I'll activate its ability. Once per turn, I can roll a die, and whatever number it lands on, you take 100 points of damage multiplied by that number. Go, Doom Dice!" stated Golden Flare as a die appeared before him. The die was tossed as it landed on a six. "Nice! Say goodbye to 600 of your Life Points!" The die let loose a massive explosion in Midnight's general area, creating a simulated dust cloud as her Life Points began to drop (Midnight Sparkle: 3,900 - 600 = 3,300 LP).

"I'll then place two cards face-down and end my turn!"

Turn 29: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 3

"THIS is the hero who's come save the day? Pathetic. My turn!" said Midnight as she drew. "And so my Emperor of Prophecy rises, and I gain Life Points equal to half of his Attack Points (Midnight Sparkle: 3,300 + 1,150 = 4,450 LP) and another Overlay Unit to attach to my Number (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 3 + 1 = 4)!"

"Then let me activate my NumberMan.EXE's special ability. I can activate it during either player's turn. Go, Doom Dice!" shouted the boy as a die appeared, tumbled, and landed on another six. Another wave of damage washed over Midnight as she growled, not liking that (Midnight Sparkle: 4,450 - 600 = 3,850 LP).

"Now, you're a bothering pest!" growled Midnight, "Reaper, take out his monster!"

"I reveal my face-down, Negate Attack!"

Midnight's monster ceased its charge before returning to his mistress' side, "Oh, you're really pissing me off, boy!" growled the she-demon. "I play the Spell, Xyz Modulation!"


Xyz Modulation
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 2 monsters you control: Change their Levels to any number between 1-12.


"So now I can change both my Emperor and Prophecy Destroyer to Level 4. So, now...I Overlay both of them to build the Overlay Network!" Midnight's two monsters turned into orbs of light as they hovered; a galaxy portal opened up before the demon as they entered, and a pillar of light emerged. "Make way for the return of Number 39: Izanagi!"

"Another Number!?!" said Golden. His Deck began to glow as he looked at his Duel Pad.

The boy saw the two Numbers on Midnight's field as the she-demon had the number appeared on the back of her other hand. Feeling the power of the second number, Midnight grew even more powerful as her glasses of fire gained more intensity.

"I activate Izanagi's special ability! By using one Overlay Unit, I can destroy your NumberMan.EXE!" said Midnight as her monster threw its sword at Golden's monster and shattered upon impact. "I'm not done! I play the Spell card Rank-Up-Magic Barian's Force! Now, I can evolve Izanagi into a Chaos Number. Go, Chaos Xyz Evolution!" A shining light engulfed Midnight's latest monster; when it disappeared, it changed its appearance and had yellow glowing eyes as red blood-like goop dripped from its outfit. "With the power of Barian World, I bring forth the demon god who leads all back to calamity! I Xyz Summon! Rank 5! Say hello to Chaos Number 39: Magatsu-Izanagi!"


Number C39: Magatsu-Izanagi
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 5
Type: Fiend/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 2600
DEF: 2000
Effect: 3 Level 5 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Destroy 1 monster on the field, and if you do; this card gains ATK equal to half that monster's original ATK until the End Phase.


"What is that?" said Golden, staring at the monster.

"Your worst nightmare," responded Midnight in a sinister voice, with some bass behind it.

Turn 30: Golden Flare - Hand: 3

"It's my move! I draw! And I summon MegaMan.EXE (1900/1500)!"

"Don't think so. Let me introduce you to Magatsu-Izanagi's special ability. By using one Overlay Unit, I can destroy one monster on the field, and then it gains Attack Points equal to half its original Attack Points until the End Phase! So if you plan for any Special Summon, think again!" shouted Midnight as her Chaos Number (Number C39: Magatsu-Izanagi: OLU 3 - 1 = 2) threw out a sword slash attack that took out Golden's monster (Number C39: Magatsu-Izanagi: ATK 2600 + 950 = 3550).

"No way..." said the boy as he barely could mount an offense against Midnight's two powerful Numbers.

"Face it, boy! You're not the hero everyone claims you are. Because if you were, you would have beaten me. But you're barely hanging on by a thread. You can't match my power." snickered Midnight.

Golden gritted his teeth as he picked up another card from his hand, "I play Monster Reborn to bring back my MegaMan.EXE. Then activate the Field Spell, Dark Chip - DrkStage!"


Dark Chip - DrkStage
Field Spell Card
Effect: Can only be used when you control a ".EXE" monster. As long as this card remains on the field: During each Standby Phase, your opponent loses LP equal to the number of monsters they control x 100. Upon this card's activation: Destroy all monsters you control, then decrease your LP equal to the number of your destroyed monsters x 500.


"With this card in play, during each Standby Phase, you lose Life Points equal to the number of monsters you control by 100! However...I have to destroy the monsters I control, and I take 500 points of damage for each one." Golden's monster shattered as he covered up from the recoil of his own card (Golden Flare: 4,000 - 500 = 3,500 LP).

"Look at you! You're helpless! You're trying to damage me, but you've only harmed yourself in the process!" snickered Midnight. "You're no hero, Golden. You're just a kid playing pretend."

"I...place one card facedown," said the boy dejectedly.

"This can't be it..." said Rainbow as she struggled to sit up.

"So...we've lost?" stated Fluttershy.

Turn 31: Midnight - Hand: 2

"Time's up! It's my move! And now..." At that moment, Golden's Field Spell activated, sending a small shock to the she-demon, but she didn't feel it (Midnight Sparkle: 3,850 - 300 = 3,550 LP).

"I may not get any revived monsters or extra Overlay Units this turn, but this Duel is over anyway. Magatsu-Izanagi, attack him directly!"

"I reveal my face-down, Counter Gate! Since you declared a direct attack, this Trap allows me to negate it!" said Golden as he had a massive forcefield appear and protect him. "Then I draw a card, and if it's a monster, I can immediately summon it in attack mode." The boy took a deep breath, drew his card, and hoped for something, "I drew my FireMan.EXE (2100/1500)!" A taller warrior came out with fire on its hands and head.

"Like that matters, Reaper! Your turn!" said Midnight as she sent her next monster into battle.

"I reveal my other face-down, Battle Chip - FullCust! With this trap, I can end the Battle Phase AND your turn altogether!" said Golden as he avoided another attack from the she-demon (Number C39: Magatsu-Izanagi: ATK 3550 - 950 = 2600).

"Oh, you're testing my patience, boy!" growled Midnight, "I'm gonna enjoy beating you up!"

Turn 32: Golden Flare - Hand: 0

"It's my move! So first, my Field Spell deals you another 300 points of damage!" said Golden as another small shock pulsed through Midnight (Midnight Sparkle: 3,550 - 300 = 3,250 LP).

"And then my FireMan's ability activates. So now I can add 1 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell from my Deck to my hand. And then, I draw!" stated the boy, taking the card he wanted before taking his draw. "I now equip my FireMan.EXE with Battle Chip - BambSwrd. So my monster gains 1400 extra Attack Points and can attack thrice!" The warrior grabbed the sword as it pulsed with energy (FireMan.EXE: ATK 2100 + 1400 = 3500). "Next, I'm activating his special ability! I target one monster you control, and you take damage equal to half of that monster's full Attack Points. So I choose your Embodiment of Wrath!" FireMan.EXE suddenly slammed his thruster-like arm to the ground and let loose an explosion of flames toward Midnight, who felt her Life Points dwindle (Midnight Sparkle: 3,250 - 1,600 = 1,650 LP).

"And now, let's end this! FireMan.EXE, take her monsters out!" commanded Golden as he went in for the kill.

"He's gonna do it!" said Rarity as she managed to wake up.

"We know Twilight's got something planned," said Applejack as she felt some pain.

"How many times do I have to tell you?!! I'm in God mode! And this proves it, from my hand, I play Xyz Counter!"


Xyz Counter
Normal Trap Card
Effect: You can activate this card from your hand when your opponent declares an attack. Remove 1 Xyz Material from an Xyz Monster you control: Change the attack target, and if you do; the attacking monster can only attack once.


"I can change your monster's target by removing an Overlay Unit from my Embodiment of Wrath. So, instead of taking three monsters, you're only taking out one. And it's my Reaper!" said Midnight as her monster appeared between her Number (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 4 - 1 = 3) and sliced down the middle by the energy sword before it exploded. "And, unfortunately for you, your Battle Phase ends."

"No!" said Pinkie as she stirred.

"We...lost," said Sunset.

"I...set one card..." Golden just fell to his knees as he had a look of hopelessness, "I...tried. I really tried...to help everyone...but I failed. I...I'm a failure."

Midnight merely smiled at how Golden accepted the fact that there was nothing he could do. She was about to take her turn when...

//Intrusion Penalty. Life Points halved.//

"Get on your feet!"

"Huh?" said Golden as he lifted his head. He turned to his side and saw a person standing a few meters away was none other than Isaac. "You?"

Isaac: 4,000 LP

"Since when do you bow to your opponent?" asked Isaac sternly, his arms crossed. "If that's the case, then grovel at my feet because I was about to beat you earlier!"

"Never," responded Golden.

"Exactly! Then get up and stop embarrassing yourself!" shouted Isaac. "Or maybe it's true. I smacked you so hard in our Duel that not only did I run circles around you, but you seemed to have lost your touch. If that's the case, step aside and let me be the hero everyone needs!"

"I haven't lost my touch!" growled Golden at the boy.

"If you still have what it takes, get up and prove it to me now!" shouted Isaac.

Golden took in the words of Isaac as he managed to stand up. The boy looked at his rival, not wanting to give up, as he turned back to look at the giant she-demon eyeing them.

"Hang on, Twilight. I'm going to free you!" said Isaac as he looked at his Deck inside his Duel Disk.

"There's nothing we can do," said Golden, "I've tried my best."

"Yeah, you have. But lucky, I'm here," smirked Isaac.

"Look, I'm not here to joke. The fate—"

"Yeah, well, I'm not either!" shouted Isaac as he cut off Golden and got in his face. "I'm here to help a friend. Someone who's counting on me, and I'm not gonna let her down! So if we're gonna do this, you need to put your ego aside, and let's trust each other."

"Put my ego aside? What about you?!" said Golden, disrespected that Isaac was only addressing him and not himself.

"Do you trust me?!" reiterated Isaac as he put his hand out.

Golden kept his stare at Isaac as he looked down at his hand. The others all looked on to see what Golden would do. He then looked back into the eyes of his rival.

"I do!" said the boy confidently. He put his hand into Isaac's as they gave a firm handshake.

Isaac popped a small smug smile before he and Golden turned back to look at Midnight as he stepped forward.

"Do you think they can do it?" asked Lemon Zest.

"For our sake, let's hope!" said Sugarcoat as she rubbed her head.

All the girls watched on as they saw the boys preparing to take down the she-demon.

Turn 33: Isaac - Hand: 5

Isaac stepped forward as he placed his hand on top of his Deck. The teen took a deep breath and closed his eyes; the boy zoned his mind on saving Twilight as he knew he needed to put his trust in his Deck and know it would lead him to victory. He then opened his eyes with a fierce look.

"I...draw!" shouted Isaac. "I summon Palladium Oracle Mahad (2500/2100)!" Out came a Spellcaster wearing Egyptian garments with bits of gold along his attire.

"Nice try. But I'm activating Magatsu-Izanagi's ability. Using one Overlay Unit, I can destroy your Palladium Oracle Mahad and gain Attack Points equal to half its Attack Points!" said Midnight as she took out Isaac's monster (Number C39: Magatsu-Izanagi: OLU 2 - 1 = 1) (Number C39: Magatsu-Izanagi: ATK 2600 + 1250 = 3850), "You're looking to save your friend, but she's long gone!"

"Hmm," responded Isaac with a sly grin. "I was hoping you'd do that."

"Huh?" said all the downed girls.

"When Palladium Oracle Mahad is destroyed, I can summon my Dark Magician from my Deck!" stated the boy as his ultimate wizard appeared (2500/2100). "Next, I activate Bond Between Teacher and Student, which allows me to summon Dark Magician Girl!" And just like that, Isaac had his top male and female Spellcasters (2000/1700) as Golden, and everybody else looked on.

"They might have a chance," stated Sour Sweet.

"With those Spellcasters out, he can do some actual damage," said Sunny Flare.

"Next, I play the Spell, Magic Gate of Miracles. Since I have two Spellcasters on my field, I can switch one of your monsters to Defense Mode and switch it to my side." Isaac's card then had two trans-dimensional gates appear as a set of hands came out to grab one of Midnight's monsters.

"Oh! From my hand, I play Spellbook of Safeguard!" expressed Midnight as she was caught off guard by that move, "Now, you can't target any of my Xyz Monsters, which means neither are up for grabs."


Spellbook of Safeguard
Normal Trap Card
Effect: You can activate this card from your hand when a card or effect is activated. Xyz Monsters you control cannot targeted by effects until the End Phase of the turn you activated this card. If you opponent attacks: You can banish this card from your GY to negate the attack, and if you do; end the Battle Phase.


"Yes, that's true," said Isaac, retaining his smug smile, "But Priestess still is."

"Wha?" said Midnight as the set of hands grabbed her monster and pulled it into the magic gates.

A second gate opened on the boy's field and out came Priestess of Prophecy, who was now cleansed of the evil magic and flaunted her beauty and grace before taking her position next to Isaac's Dark Magician. The boy's lead wizard looked at the sorceress as she smiled at him and his master for freeing her, to which he nodded.

"My Priestess," said Midnight, but it was in the voice of Twilight.

For that split second, the girl broke free of the control as seeing her own monster now back to its original state did something to her. She seemed to recall herself, but it was short-lived as the she-demon took back control and growled at the pair.

“Isaac, I will make you pay dearly for that little stunt you pulled!” yelled Midnight.

"Ha! You never wanted any of her Xyz Monsters, huh?" said Golden.

"Mm." nodded Isaac at Golden. "And now that I have two Level 7 monsters on my field, I Overlay my Dark Magician with your Priestess of Prophecy, Twilight!" shouted the boy at the she-demon, hoping to reach her. The two magicians turned into orbs of light as they hovered into the air, and a portal opened in front of them. They entered the portal as a pillar of light emerged.

"Using the woman of purity and my master magician, I can bring forth a being that can force her brethren to their knees! I Xyz Summon, Number 30: Temptress Crespusculum (3000/2900/OLU: 2)!" The number appeared on Isaac's hand as it glowed and surrounded him in a yellow aura. A sorceress with long, flowing red hair and a vanilla skin tone appeared. She wore an emerald necklace with matching earrings and white gloves; her outfit consisted of a light blue dress that stopped at her knees and wore black booted heels.

"He did it! He summoned his Number!" exclaimed Rainbow.

"The city slicker might do it!" said Applejack, hoping that Isaac could do the impossible.

"Now, I activate Temptress' ability. By using one of its Overlay Units, I can eliminate all other Overlay Units from all other Xyz Monsters on my opponent's field!"

"All of them?!" shouted Midnight as she saw three Overlay Units on her Embodiment of Wrath (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 3 - 3 = 0) and one Overlay Unit on Magatsu-Izanagi (Number C39: Magatsu-Izanagi: OLU 1 - 1 = 0) disappear and reappear as they circled Isaac's monster and gave her their power.

"That's right, and for each one that's eliminated, not only does it attach to my monster, but her Attack Points increase by 500, and she gains an extra attack. So she gains 2,000 extra Attack Points and can attack four times this turn!" stated Isaac, as his monster was now the strongest (Number 30: Temptress Crespusculum: OLU 2 + 4 = 6) (Number 30: Temptress Crespusculum: ATK 3000 + 2000 = 5000).

"Impossible!" said Midnight as she was astonished at how the boy neutralized her entire strategy.

"Let's end this!" said Isaac.

His magician had her wand turn into a bow as a quiver of arrows appeared across her body. She reached an arm into her bow and pulled an arrow as it glowed. She pulled back on the string and closed one eye to locate her targets. Once she had them in her sights, she smirked. She fired her arrow, which split into four mini arrows that pulsed with magic; everybody looked on as Midnight had a worried expression on her face as the arrows made contact.

An explosion occurred as smoke covered the field. Golden and Isaac stood there, the wind blowing in their face as they kept defiant looks. Soon, the smoke cleared out, and Midnight stood as her Embodiment of Wrath remained (Midnight Sparkle: 500 LP).

“What?” said Sunset.

“How did she survive?” asked Applejack.

“You got to be kidding me?!” exclaimed Dash.

“What did you do?” asked Golden.

“You…you got lucky…” growled Midnight as she stared at Isaac before a card in her hand glowed. “Thanks to my Divine Ruling, I was able to save my monster from being destroyed.”


Divine Ruling
Normal Trap Card
Effect: You can activate this card from your hand when your opponent declares an attack. Target 1 monster you control: That monster cannot be destroyed by battle, until the End Phase. If you are dealt damage to your LP by card effect: You can banish this card from your GY instead.


“But that shouldn't matter!? Isaac’s monster attacked four times. So you should still lose even if it's indestructible.”

“My Divine Ruling protected my monster and canceled your final attack.” explained the she-demon.

“Great...” stated Golden as he gritted his teeth.

“Mmm,” said Isaac, keeping his cool.

"Any other tricks you have up your sleeve?" asked Golden.

Isaac merely looked at his hand as he picked out a card. "I set one card face-down."

Turn 34: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 2

"It's my move!"

"Don't forget, due to my FireMan.EXE, I get to add a 'Battle Chip' from my Deck. And thanks to my Field Spell, you take 100 points of damage!" stated Golden (Midnight Sparkle: 500 - 100 = 400 LP).

"Grr. Now, my Reaper rises, and I gain Life Points equal to half its Attack Points. And it produces an Overlay Unit to transfer to my Embodiment of Wrath!" growled Midnight as her monster rose and an orb of light circled her Number (Midnight Sparkle: 400 + 1,000 = 1,400 LP) (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 0 + 1 = 1).

"I now play Spellbook of Fate, so I can banish one card on the field by banishing three ‘Spellbooks' from my Graveyard. And I choose your Temptress!" said Midnight, pointing at Isaac.

A giant thunderbolt came raining down on the boy's field as his magician felt the pain and soon vanished.

"There goes our best shot!" said Sunset.

"I guess we really did lose..." said Rarity.

The number on Isaac's hand disappeared as he felt his monster's presence leave.

You did your job. Now...I can take it from here.

Good luck, Master.

"Don't think I've forgotten about you, Golden!" said Midnight, now turning her attention to the boy, "I play Spellbook of Miracles! Now I target one Spellcaster Xyz Monster in my Graveyard and two of my banished Spellbooks. Now I summon that monster, and those Spellbooks become Xyz Materials! So my Empress of Prophecy is back!" A column of light burst from the ground as out came the female sorceress (2000/1700/OLU: 2).

"I now activate my Empress' ability! By detaching an Overlay Unit (Empress of Prophecy: OLU 2 - 1 = 1), I look at the top five cards of my Deck, and for every Spellbook I reveal, I can destroy that many monsters. And I reveal...three Spellbooks!" stated Midnight as she showed her cards. "And that's more than enough to wipe your fields clean!"

FireMan.EXE and Dark Magician Girl exploded as it caused both boys to look away. The pair looked back as Midnight was ready to launch her attacks.

"Reaper, attack Golden!" commanded Midnight as her monster came in with his scythe and slashed at the boy, who fell to a knee, now having his own set of bruises (Golden Flare: 3,500 - 2000 = 1,500 LP).

"It's over! Empress, make him suffer!" said the she-demon as she prepared to end the boy.

"Golden!" shouted the Rainbooms as the boy could only look on with nothing to stop the attack.

"Kuriboh!" shouted Isaac as he discarded his monster.

Out came his furry little monster as it said hello to his master before heading over to Golden. The boy saw the tiny monster as it took a position before him. The attack from the Empress was fired as Kuriboh rushed head into it and stopped it; it amazed Golden at seeing something so small be able to halt the attack as it soon died down, and he was left unharmed (Golden Flare: 1,500 - 0 = 1,500 LP).

"Thanks, little guy," said Golden as Kuriboh disappeared. He looked to his side to see Isaac, and he was surprised the boy chose to save him.

"How dare you stop my attack with that puny hairball?!!" shouted Midnight, not happy that Isaac chose to butt in and save Golden. "For that, Isaac, I plan to have my way with you when this Duel is over. Embodiment of Wrath, you have a new target. If he wants to play the hero, show them what happens!" The humanoid woman looked at Isaac as she raised her Gatling gun arm and rained a barrage of bullets and rockets down on the boy, who was only covered up. The explosion went off; it soon died down, and now Isaac had his fair share of scuff marks and bruises on his skin (Isaac: 4,000 - 3,200 = 800 LP).

"Now, I set one card face-down!" said Midnight as she set her final card.

Turn 35: Golden - Hand: 1

"It's my turn. And my Field Spell deals you 300 points of damage!" said the boy as he dwindled Midnight's Life Points some more (Midnight Sparkle: 1,400 - 300 = 1,100 LP).

Now, I gotta pull something good.

"I draw!" said Golden as he drew and looked at the card only to be disappointed.

IceMan's not gonna help me. He doesn't have enough Attack Points. What do we do?

Golden looked over at Isaac as, despite their situation, the boy kept his confident and serious look. It tickled Golden's mind how he could remain under pressure despite their situation. He then looked at his field and noticed that the card he set his last turn had yet to activate. If it were something to protect himself, he would have used it to avoid Midnight's attack. So, that meant it was something else. Something that could turn the tide. But what?

"I know, we're on the same team, Golden. But you gotta make your move!" stated Isaac, snapping the teen out of his thoughts. "I said for you to trust me, didn't I?"

"Yeah," responded the boy as he looked at his rival. If Isaac was true to his word, then whatever face-down he set required both. "Alright, here goes. I summon IceMan.EXE (1300/1100)!" A little man appeared on the field wearing a cyan-blue snowsuit with an eight-pointed star mark in a circle on his chest. "Then I'm giving him a power boost with this, another copy of my Battle Chip - BambSwrd to increase his attack points by 1,400 and allow him to attack three times this round! So go for it, little dude (IceMan.EXE: ATK 1300 + 1400 = 2700)!"

"Now that's just pathetic," responded Midnight nonchalantly as she saw the tiny man leap into the air and look to take out her Empress (Midnight Sparkle: 1,100 - 0 = 1,100 LP). "I almost feel sorry for you making that move. Almost. Now...by banishing my Spellbook of Safeguard from my Graveyard, I can stop your attack and end your Battle Phase! So much for a last attempt!" snickered the she-demon.

"Well...I've done all I can. The rest...is up to you," said Golden, putting his head down and looking at Isaac as he ended his turn.

Turn 36: Isaac - Hand: 2

This is it! My last move. Everything rides on this final card. Golden helped set me up now...I need the card. Please...guide me.

Isaac placed his hand on his Deck as everything moved in slow motion. The boy was shown drawing his card as he held it outward; he then flipped it over and shifted his eyes to see it; all the while, everyone looked on to see what he would do. The teen looked at Golden while holding out the card as he nodded.

"Whatever you need to do. My cards are your cards," confirmed Golden.

"In that case, I'll activate the effect of my Magicians' Souls! By sending my Apprentice Illusion Magician from my Deck and sending this card to the Graveyard, I can revive my Dark Magician!" stated the boy as his ultimate wizard appeared (2500/2100). "Then...I have to give you a card, so here, take this!" shouted Isaac as he took his left card in his hand and tossed it toward Midnight. The she-demon caught it between her fingers as she flipped it over, and her eyes widened at what card the teen gave her.

"I hope you know what you're doing," muttered Golden after seeing Isaac give Midnight one of his cards.

"By doing so, I can activate Magical Contract Door. It lets me draw a new monster, and I'll summon it now!" shouted Isaac as his monster and Golden's monster were being tributed for what was coming. "Break free from your iron prison! Gandora-X, the Dragon of Demolition (0/0)!"

A new monster came for all to see once the seal had broken off the door. A dragon had a ton of circles on its body as it emitted red lights from each one and let out a mighty roar.

"What is that?!" said Golden and all the girls, seeing the new beast of Isaac.

"Gandora-X's ability activates! It can destroy any monsters I choose, and I choose all your monsters! And you take damage equal to your monster with the highest Attack Points! Then Gandora gains the Attack Points of your highest monster!" said the boy as his dragon began to light up with the spots on its body and unleashed multiple lasers that went all over the field.

"Unh! No! Not if I take it down with me! By banishing my Divine Ruling from my Graveyard, not only do I avoid effect damage from Gandora, but I also destroy it!" shouted Midnight as her card also fired lasers that covered the entire field.

A massive explosion occurred as Golden looked away while Isaac and Midnight kept looking forward. A giant shockwave emitted as the smoke cleared out, and everything was gone. The girls and Golden looked on with open mouths as they couldn't believe what they saw. The only ones who kept their defiant expression were Isaac and Midnight, as they didn't take their eyes off each other.

"It's over!" shouted Midnight. "Now I activate my face-down, High Speed Aria!"


High Speed Aria
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Send 1 Normal Spell Card from your hand to the Graveyard; this card's effect becomes that Normal Spell Card's effect when that card is activated. You cannot activate Spell Cards during your next turn.


''This Trap lets me discard a Spell card to activate it. And the Spell I'm activating is the one you so foolishly gave me! Monster Reborn!" said the she-demon as she flipped over the card that Isaac gave her.

"Why did you give her that?!" shouted Golden, as he believed this but all sealed their fate.

"Return from the great beyond, Embodiment of Wrath!" proclaimed Midnight as her monster was shown starting to revive itself and set to finish off both boys. "This is it, it's over!"

"I don't think so," said Isaac.

"What?" said Midnight.

She looked at Isaac as if he wasn't concerned that she would bring back her monster. In fact, he had a look like he knew she would do something like that, and he fell for it.

"We're not done! Not by a long shot!" said Isaac, smiling before thrusting his arm out. "I activate my trap, Final Geas! I banish all the monsters in our Graveyards, but I'm allowed to bring back one of them!"

The entire field lit up as all the monsters played throughout the Duel appeared in their card forms as they all began to descend upward into the sky. Even Midnight's almost resurrected Embodiment of Wrath flew away as the she-demon could only watch and do nothing; the girls looked about as the monsters they played floated by before heading upward into the heavens. Soon, a shining light appeared in front of Isaac as his star monster appeared and stared down the she-demon.

"Him..." said Midnight as it was symbolic that the monster that Isaac chose to bring back was none other than his Dark Magician (2500/2100) to deal the final blow.

Silence filled as everybody just waited for Isaac to call his attack.

"Are you ready, Twilight?" asked the boy, addressing not the demon in front of him but the girl inside.

"I'm always ready," said Twilight as her voice finally spoke from the demon.

The boy took a moment to close his eyes before opening them with determination.

"Hmm. Go Dark Magician! Dark Magic Attack!" The boy's magician twirled his staff before pointing it at Midnight and launched a powerful attack that struck the she-demon right at her heart as she blasted by the attack, followed by one last fading scream (Midnight Sparkle: 1,100 - 2,500 = 0 LP).

A massive white light covered the entire field as it was blinding. It remained for quite some time as when it died down; Golden was still on a knee while Isaac remained standing. Across from them lay a figure as dark magic was emitting off of it. The figure was Twilight as she was back to normal, her hair spread out as the evil magic that took control of her was gone, and the number on her hand vanished.

"It's over," whispered Isaac.

The magic vines surrounding the school faded away as the students all saw them go. The Shadowbolts and Rainbooms all smiled as they relished knowing they scored a win; Golden held his arm as he felt some pain. He saw Isaac approach Twilight's unconscious body as the teen looked to check if she was alright.

"Wake up, Twi. Come on, get up," said the boy as he shook her shoulders.

A blink and some stirring sounds were heard as she opened her eyes. She got to her knees and rubbed her head.

"What happened?" asked the girl.

"You're safe. And that's all that matters," said the boy, bending down on a knee beside her.

The teen saw her glasses before her as he picked them up and placed them on her face. The girl saw her friend as she threw her arms around his neck to give a warm hug, and he returned the gesture.

"He did it," whispered Golden at seeing the sight of the pair.

He felt Twilight's Number as the card floated and dropped before him. Golden thought of keeping it, but knew full well that this victory wasn’t just his own, but also Isaac’s, so he knew what he needed to do.

Golden carefully walked up to the pair, whom of which noticed his approach, and handed Isaac the Number, “Here, Isaac. You’ve earned it.”

Isaac looked rather surprised, “Really? I thought you were gonna keep it.”

“Honestly, I thought about it…but then I realized that we both fought hard today, and you did the vast majority of the work, so…here you go.”

Isaac hesitated at first, still surprised by Golden’s hospitality and generosity, but ultimately took it.

“And don’t worry about me,” Golden held up the other Number Twilight had: Izanagi, “I got my own Number regardless, but I believe that one belongs to you.”

Isaac smiled genuinely at his rival-turned-partner, “Thanks, Golden.”

Golden flashed a toothy smile, “Anytime.”


Up in the bleachers, a man with silver hair that draped over one of his eyes and wearing a red business suit watched the whole thing without fear, despite the chaos that recently occurred earlier. He knew his star Deck beta-tester wouldn’t fail him, especially with Isaac by his side, but he was also proud of him for figuring out the secret to his Deck’s true power. The man, who was quite obviously Maximilian Pegasus, knew he made the right choice appointing Golden Flare as his top beta-tester for any new cards he might create one day…especially the new cards he had prepped for him as a reward should he figure out the .EXE Deck’s true strength.

He had many questions as to how he had obtained the two Pendulum cards, because he had not created those specific cards. But unfortunately it would have to wait, Principal Cinch was making her way from her hiding place to Principal Celestia, and she did not look happy.


“Principal Celestia!” Cinch barked, “On behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games!” She continued her tirade as Vice-Principal Luna and Dean Cadence stood by Celestia, “Clearly CHS has had an unfair advantage for quite some time, and it’s CERTAINLY obvious that your students have been using illegal cards such as ‘Numbers’ for their own benefit!”

“Really? That’s strange,” Pegasus began as he walked over to the group of school staff with a smirk, “because I’m VERY certain that your OWN students have been using Numbers as well, and not the Astral Numbers that I’ve released to the public.”

“That’s ridiculous!”

“No, that’s very much EXACTLY what happened.” Golden accused, with Spike nodding while checking on his sister.

“Actually,” Sour began to say with remorse, “we’re all to blame…” She changed her tune to grumpy as she addressed Cinch, “…But mostly it was her.”

“Now that you mention it, yeah!” Lemon Zest limped over to the group, still in pain from her last Duel, “Principal Cinch said she wanted to talk to me and Indigo in her office about something, then she gave us a couple of blank cards, and the next thing I knew, I was all bruised up and on the ground before Twilight went demon crazy!”

“You knew about the Barian Numbers?!” Isaac accused, shocked yet angry.

Cinch realized she was losing ground in this argument, so she decided to throw down her trump card, “Obviously, my students have been brainwashed by the people of this school, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!!”

“Then, by all means, go ahead,” Pegasus interjected, “but I have a feeling they won’t listen to a word you have to say.”

“What are you on about?! I’m very well connect—“

“You are neither confirming nor denying any involvement with these ‘Barian Numbers’, and not only that, but I can see that I’ll have to testify against you in this matter.”

“How dare…why would you possibly—“

“One: because one of the students who attends this school is my top beta-tester for my Duel Monster cards.” This shocked everyone here, especially Cinch, “And last, but certainly not least, what’s that mark on the palm of your hand? Because I’m very certain that’s NOT a tattoo.”

Cinch looked down at the palm of her right hand and saw, to her horror, the number 77 glowing upon her.

Pegasus smirked even wider in victory, “Seems to me like YOU are the one using and distributing ‘illegal cards’ to your own students.”

Cinch looked around and saw that she had no allies in this fight; all of the students, staff, and faculty, CHS and CPA alike, glared at her with anger and suspicion.

“But I digress.” Pegasus placed a hand on Golden’s shoulder, “How about one final game? You against Golden, whoever wins gets to keep doing what they do best, the loser gets booted out of their school. Forever.

“Outrageous! I will not accept such terms!”

“Oh, really? Then look around you,” Pegasus waved his free hand to all the people here and all the nonexistent escape routes, “you don’t have a choice nor am I giving you one. Either Duel…or I’m calling the police.”

“What?!?”

“Did you really think I hadn't noticed? The signs were all there and they still are. You’re one of the administrators of the known Duel Monsters Terrorist Organization, Team Shadow.”

Cinch suddenly looked pale as Golden asked his boss, “Team Shadow?”

“Yes, Golden boy; you see, they tamper with the energy from the Shadow Games of Ancient Egypt and merge them with Duel Monster cards to amplify their powers.”

Everyone gasps in surprise, then they glare at Cinch with hatred and disgust at her affiliation with such a monstrous bunch. Cinch grits her teeth, then whips out her Duel Disk and straps it on her arm, “Very well then! If you want to play it that way, then I’ll be happy to give this wretch of a Duelist what he deserves!”

Pegasus chuckles, “Good luck with that.” He turns to Golden, “Golden boy. I believe in you. I have the utmost confidence in you and your abilities as a Duelist. So give this complete and utter witch what she deserves.”

Golden stared up at his boss in awe, hardly able to believe the amount of trust he had in him. Then he looked determined and nodded, walking over to Cinch and preparing his Duel Pad and Duel Gazer. His boss, the famous Maximilian Pegasus, was counting on him to win this Duel, and he wasn’t going to let him down!

Cinch growled at being called a witch, but swiftly composed herself as she addressed Golden, “You’ve made a fool and a mockery of me for the last time, boy, and now, I will show you the power of a Master Duelist!”

“Ready when you are!” Golden declared.

//Augmented Reality Vision Link established.// The AI spoke out once more.

Then they both shouted: “Let’s Duel!”

Comments ( 1 )

A great tag team between Golden and Isaac! Sci-Twi been saved and now we have one final duel to end the friendship games before we move onto more parts of the story

Golden Vs the witch Cinch

Honestly, her giving her students the number cards and knowing about them being Barrin cards doesn’t surprise me at all, that’s so someone like her that she’ll do.

Kick her butt Golden!

Also you and ShootingStar did a amazing job on this chapter!

Login or register to comment