• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,274 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,274

Chapter 11: The Tri-Duel Relay Part 4 (By Golden Flare)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (OC), Enix (OC), Rainbow Dash, The Rainbooms, Principal Cinch, and the Shadowbolts
Decks: Raidraptor and Elemental/Destiny/Masked/Xtra HERO

Co-written by Lloyd Shamrock.

Note: Lloyd Shamrock requested that the Tri-Duel Relay should be extended to four parts for specific reasons involving his character and his subordinates. Also, I'm including a Forbidden card in this Duel to help hurry this along, so this might be a short chapter, apologies in advance.

As the final Turbo Duel was taking place, things had taken a turn for the worst, or for the interesting, depending on how one views it; Rainbow Dash is down to one Xyz Monster and a few facedown cards, while Enix had somehow changed into a monstrous version of himself and used Destiny HEROES in his Deck, much like...the Phantom Swordsman. Every one of her friends seemed to realize this, but not Rainbow herself...not yet, anyway.

Rainbow Dash: 4,900 LP
Enix: 1,300 LP

Turn 13: Enix - Hand: 1

"It's still my turn, but sadly, since Doom Lord banished your monster, I can't attack this turn, I'll end it there."

Turn 14: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 3

"I draw!" Rainbow drew.

"Not so fast! Clock Tower Prison's effect activates! I add one Clock Counter to my Field Spell!" The clock tower chimed as the "I" of its clock face glowed a sickly green (Clock Tower Prison: Clock Counters 0 + 1 = 1), "Tell you what, I'll give you three turns, if you can't bring out a game changer, then your fate is sealed."

"Fine by me! I play Raidraptor - Necro Vulture in Defense Mode!" A purple and dark grey machine bird with a shadowy aura appeared next to Satellite Cannon Falcon.


Raidraptor - Necro Vulture
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 1600
Effect: Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Raidraptor" monster, then target 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand, also you cannot Xyz Summon for the rest of this turn, except with the effect of a "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card.


"With Necro Vulture's effect, I Tribute my Satellite Cannon Falcon to return a 'Rank-Up-Magic' Spell card from my Graveyard back to my hand! And I choose Rank-Up-Magic Doom Double Force!" Rainbow's Graveyard spat out the aforementioned card, and she added it to her hand, "I'll end my turn for now. Your go."

Turn 15: Enix - Hand: 1

"My turn!" Enix drew, "I summon Destiny HERO - Drilldark!" The monster with multiple drills adorning its body (1600/1200) made a new appearance in this Duel, and Golden knows it all too well.

"Tch. Should've known it was him." Golden mumbled.

Of COURSE you should've known!! That dude's been sketchy from day one of his being here!! Golden's darkness screamed in exasperation within his mind.

"I activate Drilldark's special ability! I Special Summon another Destiny HERO from my hand! So let's go, Destiny HERO - Celestial!" A man in a dark colored superhero suit with a strange double-axe-looking blade on his back appeared beside Drilldark.


Destiny HERO - Celestial
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1400
Effect: When this card declares an attack: You can target 1 face-up Spell your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. While you have no cards in your hand, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card and 1 "Destiny HERO" monster from your GY; draw 2 cards. You can only use this effect of "Destiny HERO - Celestial" once per turn.


"Now, Divine Wind, attack her Raidraptor - Necro Vulture!" The green hero attacked and destroyed the vulture with a powerful gust of wind, "Since I destroyed your monster, I can draw one card thanks to Divine Wind's ability!" Enix drew his new card, "Drilldark! Celestial! Deal some damage!" The aforementioned monsters went towards Rainbow and struck her, dwindling her Life Points (Rainbow Dash: 4,900 - 1,600 - 1,600 = 1,700 LP), "I'll end my turn with one face-down. Your time is RUNNING OUT!!"

Turn 16: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 4

"Rgh...My turn then! I draw!" Rainbow drew and got a good look at her new card, making her eyes widen in shock, This card...I hate to do this, but it might be my only shot!

"Before you do anything else, I activate Clock Tower Prison's effect, adding another Clock Counter!" The clock tower chimed twice this time as the "II" of its face now glowed a sickly green as well (Clock Tower Prison: Clock Counters 1 + 1 = 2).

"Fine! I'll start with a face-down card!" A card appeared face-down near Rainbow's Runner, "Then I summon Raidraptor - Avenge Vulture and end it there!" A face-down monster card appeared in front of Rainbow, protecting her and her vehicle.


Raidraptor - Avenge Vulture
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
ATK: 1700
DEF: 100
Effect: If you take damage: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except "Raidraptor" monsters.


Turn 17: Enix - Hand: 0

"Pathetic. I draw! I summon Destiny HERO - Decider!" Another dark colored hero appeared, but this one looked almost like a demonic fish-man with two fins protruding out of the sides of his head and veins decorating its body.


Destiny HERO - Decider
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1000
Effect: Level 6 or higher monsters your opponent controls cannot target this card for attacks. You can only use each of the following effects of "Destiny HERO - Decider" once per Duel.
●If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "HERO" monster from your GY to your hand during the End Phase of this turn.
●When a card or effect is activated that would inflict damage to you, while this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): Return this card to your hand, and if you do, make that effect damage to you 0.


"I activate Decider's special ability! I add one HERO from my Graveyard to my hand at the End Phase of the turn, but I'll Chain it with my Trap, D-Fusion!"


D-Fusion
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters you control as Fusion Material, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects this turn. Only "Destiny HERO" monsters can be used as Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon using this card's effect.


"With it, I fuse Destiny HERO - Doom Lord and Celestial!" The two warriors jumped into a dark-ish fusion portal, "With the lord of doom and the bladed warrior, I call upon one of the many heroes of destiny itself! I Fusion Summon! Level 8! Destiny HERO - Dystopia!!" Out of the fusion portal came another dark-like hero, but looked rather odd with dark energy in its hands.


Destiny HERO - Dystopia
Attribute: DARK
Level: 8
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2800
DEF: 2400
Effect: 2 "Destiny HERO" monsters
If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Destiny HERO" monster in your GY; inflict damage to your opponent equal to that target's ATK. If this card's current ATK is different from its original ATK (except during the Damage Step) (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, this card's ATK becomes equal to this card's original ATK. You can only use each effect of "Destiny HERO - Dystopia" once per turn.


"I activate Dystopia's special ability! I can target one Destiny HERO monster in my Graveyard and inflict damage equal to that monster's Attack Points, and I choose Celestial!" Dystopia let loose with some of its dark energy and lashed out at Rainbow's Life Points as she struggled to stay on her Runner (Rainbow Dash: 1,700 - 1,600 = 100 LP), "Now, time to bring out my secret weapon!"

"'Secret weapon'?" CHS and CPA students and staff alike uttered aloud.

"This is exclusive to our Duel. I create my circuit! The summoning conditions are two 'HERO' monsters! I send Destiny HERO - Drilldark and Decider to the Link Markers!" The two monsters went into a circuit board as up and down arrows, "You've seen Elemental HEROES, Masked HEROES, and my Destiny HEROES! This archetype is the first step to my guaranteed victory! I Link Summon! Appear, Link 2! Xtra HERO Wonder Driver!" This time, a different hero appears; it was blue, wearing a sort of mage's robe and wielding a shimmering staff.


Xtra HERO Wonder Driver
Attribute: LIGHT
Arrowheads: North, South
Type: Warrior/Link/Effect
ATK: 1900
LINK: 2
Effect: 2 "HERO" monsters
If a "HERO" monster is Normal or Special Summoned to your zone this card points to: Target 1 "Polymerization" Spell Card, 1 "Fusion" Spell Card, or 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card in your GY; Set that target. You can only activate this effect of "Xtra HERO Wonder Driver" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY, or if this card in your possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to your GY: Special Summon 1 "HERO" monster from your hand.


"WWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!" The whole crowd went absolutely nuts at the revelation that their second best can Link Summon.

"I activate Wonder Driver's special ability! I can target one Polymerization, one Fusion card, or one Change Quick-Play Spell in my Graveyard and Set it face-down on my field! I choose Form Change!" A new Set card was placed near Enix's Runner.

"This is bad..." Golden said.

OBVIOUSLY!!! Golden's dark half screamed in his head.

"I'm just getting started!"

"Seriously?!" Golden and the Rainbooms shouted.

"I create my circuit! The summoning conditions are two or more HERO monsters! I'll send Wonder Driver and Divine Wind to the Link Markers!" With that, Wonder Driver split into two as he counted as two monsters with its Link number, and he and Divine Wind flew into all three of the lower arrows, "AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Enix screamed in absolution as a sword symbol marked itself on the back of his left hand, "I LINK SUMMON! LINK 3! XTRA HERO DREAD DECIMATOR!!!" A new hero appeared from the circuit board; it appeared to be heavily armored with horns on his helmet and wielding a massive rocket launcher.


Xtra HERO Dread Decimator
Attribute: DARK
Arrowheads: Southwest, South, and Southeast
Type: Warrior/Link/Effect
ATK: 2500
LINK: 3
Effect: 2+ "HERO" monsters
This card, also any "HERO" monsters it points to, gains 100 ATK for each "HERO" monster with different names in your GY. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.


"I activate Dread Decimator's special ability!"

"I don't like where this is going!" Golden said in worry.

"Dread Decimator gains one-hundred Attack Points for each HERO in my Graveyard!"

"Wait a minute! EVERY HERO in Enix's Graveyard?"

"Yes," Sunset began, "and count 'em all together with Dread Decimator’s current power level and you got..."

"Thirteen-hundred additional attack power!" Dread Decimator began to glow in a dangerous light (Xtra HERO Dread Decimator: ATK 2500 + 1300 = 3800), "Now, Dread Decimator, attack Avenge Vulture, and win this Duel!!" Dread Decimator charged at the mecha bird with purpose.

"She can't survive another attack!" Golden yelled.

Rainbow grit her teeth, I have to use it NOW! "I activate the Trap, Last Turn!"


Last Turn
Normal Trap Card
Effect: This card can only be activated during your opponent's turn when your Life Points are 1000 or less. Select 1 monster on your side of the field and send all other cards on the field and in their respective owners' hands to their respective Graveyards. After that, your opponent selects and Special Summons 1 monster from their Deck in face-up Attack Position and attacks your selected monster. (Any Battle Damage from this battle is treated as 0.) The player whose monster remains alone on the field at the End Phase of this turn wins the Duel. Any other case results in a DRAW.


"I can only activate this card during my opponent's turn and as long as my Life Points are a thousand or below! I choose one monster on my field to keep and all other cards to back to the owner's hands and Graveyards! Yup, even yours Enix!"

Enix just growled as the entire field was cleared save for one monster, Avenge Vulture.

"Now, Enix, you need to Special Summon one monster from your Deck in Attack Mode and attack my Vulture! And this time, Life Points don't matter! This is the final knockout drag out! Last monster standing wins!"

"There's only one card I'd choose: Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude!" Another new hero appeared; like the rest, he was dressed darkly, but this one had literal diamonds protruding from all over his body.


Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1400
DEF: 1600
Effect: Once per turn: You can excavate the top card of your Deck, and if it is a Normal Spell, send it to the GY, otherwise place it on the bottom of your Deck. During the Main Phase of your next turn, you can activate the effect of that Spell in your GY (even if you no longer control this face-up card).


"Wait! Enix! You FOOL!!" Cinch proclaimed, realizing her second best student just made a colossal blunder.

"I activate Diamond Dude's effect! I excavate the top card of my Deck, and if it's a Normal Spell Card, it goes to the Graveyard, but if it's not, it goes to the bottom of my Deck instead!" Enix picks up the card and looks at it, which was Magical Stone Excavation and sent it to his Graveyard.


Magical Stone Excavation
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Discard 2 cards, then target 1 Spell in your GY; add it to your hand.


"If I'm losing, then I'm going out..." The blue flames surrounding Enix began to subside, "...With a bang! Diamond Dude! Let's show 'em what we're made of!" Diamond Dude charged fist first at Avenge Vulture, only to be blasted away by a laser cannon in the bird's mouth, destroying him.

WINNER: Rainbow Dash
New Accomplishment Earned: Huh? It's Over Already?
"Win a Duel with an Instant Win in Ranked Duel Mode."

Enix's Duel Runner displayed multiple X's on his screen as the machine spew steam and smoke while grinding to a stop next to Rainbow, who threw off her helmet and jumped up and down in absolute victory.

"CANTERLOT WINS!!" Cadence declared, making CHS cheer with Rainbow while CPA looked on in disbelief.

Just then, Enix seemed unresponsive...then he, along with his Runner toppled to the ground with his cards scattering, shocking everyone...well, ALMOST everyone.

Cinch simply looked extremely pissed that Enix lost, but Cadence recovered fast enough to say, "Attention students, please report to the gym. Someone bring in a medic! Enix looks hurt!"


As Enix was being carried away via medical stretcher, Golden and the others were celebrating with Rainbow, up until Golden pointed something out to them.

"But still...Enix was usually so calm and collected, and yet he went berserk during the Turbo Duel...maybe he was showing us his true colors? You know, as the infamous Phantom Swordsman?"

"Wait, HE was the Phantom Swordsman?!" Rainbow asked in shock, making Golden facepalm.

"I don't think so," Sunset began, "didn't you see how he was glowing blue and the ethereal-looking flames surrounding him? That doesn't look like any magic I've seen, and I don't think the Barian Numbers would make a big show out of possessing someone. Remember how Trixie went berserk?"

Golden and Pinkie both shuddered, "Yeah, don't remind us." They spoke in unison, then stared at each other for a moment before blushing while looking away.

"Normally, that's the case for guys like you..."

They all turned to the new voice, and saw someone who looked like a dead-ringer for Enix, but wearing purple instead of green.

"But Enix has a...certain Skill."

"Skill? You mean, from Speed Duels?" Golden asked.

"That, and Action Duels."

"But, you can't use Skills in Action Duels, that's what the Action Cards are for."

"True. If I were you guys...I'd get ready for the next event."

With that, the newcomer began to leave, but stopped to say one last thing:

"Oh, Enix wanted me to pass on a message when the Duel started..."

Golden and the Rainbooms leaned in to hear him.

"Watch your backs. And start thinking about who your friends REALLY are."

The newcomer finally left them with a lot to process...


Just as the others were making their way to the gym, Applejack stayed behind for a moment and stared at where the newcomer, whom she knows as Jack, has wandered off to. He knows more than he's letting. And she can't allow that. Not when she's so close.

She pulled out her handgun as it was wreathed with the same blue flames that corrupted Enix and her eyes changed once again from green to dark blue, "Sorry, purple boy...ya'll just found out way too much..."