• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,274 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,274

Chapter 14: The Wrath of Midnight Sparkle Part 2 (By Golden Flare)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (OC), Isaac (OC), The Rainbooms, and the Shadowbolts
Decks: Prophecy/Spellbook, Raidraptor, Melffy, Predaplant, Crystal Beasts, Custom Deck, and Madolche.

Co-written by ShootingStar25.

Midnight Sparkle: 6,250 LP
Rainbow Dash: 4,000 LP
Fluttershy: 4,000 LP

Turn 8: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 5

"Alright, time to show you how we kick it CHS style! Here goes!" shouted Rainbow as she drew her card. "To start, I'll summon...Raidraptor King Lanius! And now King Lanius can call on some loyal subjects to join his army and serve him because its special ability lets it summon another Raidraptor! So joining the fight is...Raidraptor Vanishing Lanius!" The large bird opened its beak and shot out an array of electricity as its comrade appeared next to it.

"When it's summoned, I'm allowed to call on some backup, so I'm bringing out a third bird to triple the threat—Raidraptor Fuzzy Lanius!" stated Rainbow as she now had three monsters on her field. "And now I Overlay King Lanius, Vanishing Lanius...and my Fuzzy Lanius! To build the Overlay Network!" All three of Rainbow's birds turned into orbs of light as they hovered in the air as a red portal opened before her. The orbs were sucked in as a pillar of light emerged. "From the shadows, the falcon soars on wings of courage, talons ready for the rebellion! I Xyz Summon! Witness the ascent of Raidraptor - Rise Falcon (100/2000/OLU: 3)!" Out came a much larger robotic bird as it screeched loudly.

"I activate Rise Falcon's special ability! Using one Overlay Unit, I target one of your Special Summoned monsters, and Rise Falcon gains those exact attack points in addition to its own! And I choose Prophecy Destroyer! Furthermore, it can attack all your special summoned monsters!" said Rainbow (Raidraptor - Rise Falcon: OLU 3 - 1 = 2).

"Looks like somebody was late to class! Seems you don't know; due to the power of my Spellbook of the Mystic Arts, I only take battle damage when another Spellcaster destroys my Spellcasters. And I'm afraid your Raidraptor Rise Falcon doesn't count!" snickered Midnight.

"Maybe. But I can still take them out! So Rise Falcon, do your thing!" shouted Rainbow as she thrust her hand out.

Rainbow's monster surrounded itself in a burst of flames that took the form of a larger bird surrounding the monster (Raidraptor - Rise Falcon: ATK 100 + 2500 = 2600). It then took off as it looked to wipe out Midnight's entire field.

"The only fool here is you. 'Cause you seem to have forgotten about my face-downs. I now activate Xyz Retribution! I can activate this card when an Xyz monster attacks. First off, it lets me Xyz Summon. So, I'll Overlay my Magical Marionette and Disenchanter to build the Overlay Network!" declared Midnight as her two monsters turned into orbs of light as they hovered in the air. A red portal opened up as the orbs were sucked in, and a pillar of light emerged.

"I Xyz Summon! Empress of Prophecy (2000/1700/OLU: 2)!" Out came a beautiful female sorceress who sat on a throne. She took her position next to her lover, Emperor of Prophecy, as the pair put their staffs together and their magic radiated.

"You may have Xyz Summoned a monster, but that doesn't change the fact that my Rise Falcon is about to destroy every single one of your creatures!" said Rainbow.

"Oh, but it does. See, first off, my Empress gains 300 extra Attack Points for every Overlay Unit it has," said Midnight as her monster got stronger (Empress of Prophecy: ATK 2000 + 600 = 2600). "But it doesn't stop there...see, my Trap also makes it so that your monster now has to target my newly summoned Xyz monster."

"Fine! Rise Falcon, decimate that Empress!" shouted Rainbow.

"Ah-ah, you didn't let me finish. See, my Trap has one more effect. It steals all of your monster's Attack Points!" snickered Midnight as her Empress aimed her staff to fire a magical attack that affected Rise Falcon, its strength being sapped away and empowering the sorceress (Raidraptor - Rise Falcon: ATK 2600 - 2600 = 0) (Empress of Prophecy: ATK 2600 + 2600 = 5200).

"This is bad!" said Fluttershy as she saw Rainbow was in danger.

"Your bird is toast!" shouted Midnight as her Empress aimed her staff to fire its counterattack.

"No way! I activate the Spell card, Overlay Burst Armor! By removing all of Rise Falcon's Overlay Units, it can't be destroyed in battle, nor do I take any damage!" shouted Rainbow. Her monster quickly flew up as it avoided the sorceress's attack before soaring back to her field; both monsters then returned to their previous Attack Point values (Raidraptor - Rise Falcon: ATK 0 + 2600 = 2600) (Empress of Prophecy: ATK 5200 - 2600 = 2600).

"Applejack, darling. Look there!" said Rarity as she pointed.

The farm girl turned as they looked; in the distance was Rise Falcon as it continued to soar high among the clouds.

"It's Rise Falcon. Which means Dash is in a Duel," said AJ.

"I hope she's alright," said Rarity, concerned for the rest of their friends.

"Let's go check on her!" said the farmer as she and the fashionista began to go to where the Duel was.

"I end my turn by playing two face-downs!" said Rainbow.

"What's the point? You must know when you've been outclassed and outmatched," snickered Midnight. "My victory is sealed."

"Alright, Shy. You're up. Show'em what you can do." said Dash to her friend.

"Right," said the girl, taking a deep breath to prepare herself.

Turn 9: Fluttershy - Hand: 5

"Okay. I draw," said Fluttershy as she drew and looked at her hand. "First, I play the Spell card, Foolish Burial. This allows me to send my Rescue Cat from my Deck to my Graveyard." stated the girl as her cat appeared mirage-like and meowed. "Now my Cat's effect activates; since it's being sent to the Graveyard, I'm allowed to summon 2 Level 3 or lower Beast-Type animals from my Deck, but their effects are negated and are destroyed at the end of my turn. So I'm bringing out Baby Raccoon Ponpoko (800/0) and Baby Raccoon Tantan (0/800)!"

A small raccoon with a tiny drum strapped to its chest jumped in front of Fluttershy, scratching its ear. Another raccoon soon joined as this one had a larger vertical drum over its chest rose from the card backing, banging padded drumsticks on its instrument.

"Then...I'm going to Overlay both of my raccoons!" said the girl as the two beasts turned into transparent red outlines and slid together, undulating. "I unite the powers of the raccoons to summon a brave new animal guardian!" She then grabbed the card that ejected from the top of her Duel Pad’s Extra Deck slot and then played it on her Duel Field. "I Xyz Summon! Joyous Melffys (2000/500/OLU: 2)!" A picnic table appeared with tons of furry little animals around it.

"Then I'll summon Nimble Beaver (400/100)!" A small beaver with a twig in its mouth jumped up from a pool of water that spontaneously appeared at Fluttershy’s feet. "Now my Beaver's ability activates; when he's summoned, I can also bring out a level 3 or lower 'Nimble' monster from my Deck or Graveyard. So, I'll bring out another Nimble Beaver. With that, I'll then Overlay my two Beavers." The two Nimble Beavers turned blue, slid together, and lowered into the water. Fluttershy clasped her hands. "I unite the powers of my two beavers and call on the spirit of the feline that dwells in the depths. I Xyz Summon, come on out, Cat Shark (500/500/OLU: 2) in Defense Mode!" A black and white aquatic monster jumped out from the pool and landed in front of Fluttershy in a spray of water, two orbs of blue light circling it. It stood on a pair of hind paws and waved a pair of front flippers in the air. A fishtail slapped the ground behind it, and a cat’s face with whiskers and fur topped its body.

"Once again. Need I remind you of my Spellbook of the Mystic Arts?" reminded Midnight.

"I know. That's why I'm not going to attack your monsters. First, I activate the ability of my Cat Shark. By detaching an Overlay Unit from it, I can select an Xyz Monster I control and double its stats for one turn. And I choose Joyous Melffys!" said Fluttershy. "And then I activate Joyous Melffys’ special ability. Using an Overlay Unit, my Joyous Melffy can attack you directly!"

"Nice one, Shy! I didn't know you had that in you!" said Rainbow, impressed by how Fluttershy not only summoned two Xyz Monsters on her turn but was able to bypass the field of monsters.

"Thanks," chuckled the girl sheepishly at the praise she got from her friend. "Now, Joyous Melffys, attack her directly!" The table of animals hopped off and charged; they snuck past the bigger, scarier monsters as they all went for the she-demon, who merely raised her arm and held her Duel Disk to block (Midnight Sparkle: 6,250 - 4,000 = 2,250 LP).

“I end my turn with two face-downs.”

Turn 10: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 2

"When will you two learn that nothing you do will work against me?" stated Midnight, "Now, my turn!" said the she-demon as she drew. "Prophecy Destroyer, take out her Cat Shark!" The winged demon spread its wings out, rushed forward to where the feline aquatic animal was, and sliced it in half, destroying it. "Now...Empress, attack Rise Falcon!"

"Don't think so. I'm activating my Spell card, Rank-Up-Magic Devotion Force!" shouted Rainbow as one of her facedowns flipped up. "Since your monster attacked, I can use this Spell on my Xyz Monster! Raidraptor - Rise Falcon! And I get to Xyz Summon a Raidraptor that's one rank higher!" Rainbow's monster screeched before it turned into an orb of light and entered a red portal as a pillar of light emerged.

"Terror of the skies! Predator of blazing force! With wings that slash and talons that tear! Go, Rank-Up Xyz Evolution! Rise up, Raidraptor - Blaze Falcon (1000/2000/OLU: 1)!" Another robotic falcon like Rise Falcon appeared, only this one was bigger, red-colored, and blazing with powerful flames.

"I activate...the Spell card Rank-Up-Magic Limit Over Force!" said Fluttershy as she flipped one of her face-downs. "Since Rainbow used a Rank-Up-Magic card to summon a monster, I can use this Spell on my Ronin Raccoon if I give up half of my Life Points (Fluttershy: 4,000 ÷ 2 = 2,000 LP)."

"But that lets me Xyz Summon a monster that's one rank higher!" stated the girl as her monster turned into an orb of light and hovered into the air as a red portal opened. The orb of light entered the portal as a pillar of light emerged. "Rank-Up Xyz Evolution! Black Ray Lancer (2100/600/OLU: 2)!" A monster that wore black armor and wielded a lance appeared as it spread its fins. "But that's not all! Limit Over Force multiplies Black Ray Lancer's Attack Points by the number of Rank-Up-Magic cards played so far! Just like that, Black Ray Lancer doubles its firepower (Black Ray Lancer: ATK 2100 X 2 = 4200)!"

"Not too shabby a move there, Fluttershy! I think I'll activate a Limit Over Force of my own!" said Rainbow as she had her other face-down activated, "But by doing so, I must also pay half of my Life Points. But that's a small price to pay if it gives me even the tiniest of chances to bring you down (Rainbow Dash: 4,000 ÷ 2 = 2,000 LP)!"

"I Xyz Summon a monster that's one rank higher than my Blaze Falcon!" said Rainbow as her monster and its Xyz Material turned into orbs of light and hovered. A red portal opened before her as they were sucked in, and a pillar of light emerged. "Fiercest falcon, set your wings ablaze and lock your gaze on our ill-fated foe! Now, make it so! Go, Rank-Up Xyz Evolution! Welcome to the front line, Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon (2000/3000/OLU: 2)!" An even larger bird appeared beside Rainbow as it let out a bigger screech.

"And since three Rank-Up-Magic cards have been played, Limit Over Force multiplies Revolution Falcon's Attack Points by three, making my monster three times more powerful!" stated the chromatic-haired girl (Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon: ATK 2000 X 3 = 6000).

"Is that all?" taunted Midnight.

"Hey, Fluttershy! Got any more tricks up your sleeve?" asked Rainbow.

"Indeed I do. I reveal my face-down, the Trap Rank-Up Gravity. This card weighs down your options because your monsters are now only allowed to attack our ranked-up monsters! But if you don't attack, your monsters will be banished. And that means you can't bring them back with your Spellbook of Resurgence!" smirked Fluttershy.

"God dang, Shy. What a move!" said Rainbow, impressed by how her shy friend had a different attitude as she stared down this threat.

While the shy teen smiled at the praise she got, it was quickly wiped off her face by the she-demon they were facing. Midnight merely cackled and put a hand to her face as her laughter grew creepier. The sinister laughter put some fear in Fluttershy as Rainbow kept her defiant look.

"What's so funny?" asked the chromatic-haired teen.

"You two are," snickered Midnight. "It's cute to think that you two actually thought you had this in the bag! But you don't!"

"What…?" said the shy girl, now in fear.

"I reveal my face-down! Xyz Execution! Thanks to this card, both of your Xyz Monsters lose all their Attack Points, nor can they use any of their abilities. So that leaves them powerless!" shouted Midnight as two beams of magic shot toward Rainbow and Fluttershy's monsters as they screamed in pain from their power being sapped (Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon: ATK 6000 - 6000 = 0) (Black Ray Lancer: ATK 4200 - 4200 = 0).

"No way!" shouted Rainbow.

"I'll give you two this. You put up a bit more of a fight than my previous challengers. Not by a lot, but better. However, I'm still going to win!" declared the she-demon.

"I wouldn't count yer chickens just yet!" said a voice.

They all turned as they looked behind to see that Applejack and Rarity had arrived; they activated their Duel Pads to join in on this massive Duel.

"They ain't the last line o’ defense!" stated the farm girl.

//Intrusion Penalty. Life Points halved.// said the pair's Duel Pads.

Applejack: 4,000 LP

Rarity: 4,000 LP

Midnight merely gave a small growl at seeing more obstacles being put in front of her as she soon got rid of them.

"Fine then. But first, let me take care of these two pests! Empress! Annihilate the shy one and her pathetic monster!" commanded the demon as she got even bigger from the power she felt surging through her. Her sorceress twirled its staff before aiming it at Fluttershy and her monster; magic shot out in the blink of an eye as it pierced through the monster and headed for the girl, who flinched and was sent flying back.

"Fluttershy!" shouted Rainbow as she turned to see her childhood friend hit the ground hard (Fluttershy: 2,000 - 2,600 = 0 LP).

"Fluttershy!" said Rarity as she and Applejack rushed to where she landed.

The pair bent down to check on their friend as she suffered some bruises and scuff marks.

"Darling, are you okay? Speak to us!" said the fashionista as she was worried.

Applejack picked her head up and looked at her; the farmer checked the pulse of the girl as she let out a sigh, relieved to know that she had just been knocked out.

"She's good. Just unconscious," relayed the country gal.

"Oh, thank goodness," said Rarity, relieved.

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy. It's all my fault," muttered Rainbow to herself for getting one of her friends hurt.

"Oh, don't worry. You'll be sharing her pain!" snickered Midnight as she heard Rainbow's muttering. "Reaper, claim her soul!" shouted the demon to her monster as he rushed forward and swung his scythe; it pierced through her monster as it was destroyed and then headed toward Rainbow. The monster hit the girl in the stomach and was pushed back as she hit the ground hard (Rainbow Dash: 2,000 - 2,600 = 0 LP).

"Rainbow!" shouted Rarity as they saw their friend lying on her stomach a few meters away.

"I'm...sorry, guys…” said the girl as she let her head fall.

"That does it! Nobody gets away with hurtin' mah pals!" shouted Applejack as she stood up and stepped forward to the giant demon. "Get ready for a good ol’ fashion ass-whuppin'!"

"I...express those same thoughts, you brute," said Rarity, as she wasn't one for foul words, but this was an exception.

"Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing what you two can do. So before I let you take your turn, I'm gonna activate Spellbook Sacrifice. So, by sending my weak Level 4 Defender, the Magical Knight, to my Graveyard. I'm allowed to draw a card for each of its levels. Watch as I tighten my grip on this Duel before you even draw your first card!" snickered Midnight as Rarity and Applejack looked on with open gasps. "Now, I'll place two cards face-down and end my turn."

Turn 11: Applejack - Hand: 5

"Time for some tusslin'! Here we go!" shouted Applejack as she drew, occupied with her thoughts. This one's nothing like the one back in my dimension...Twilight-er, TS SUI-871 would have a field day with her. I'll go easy on her. she pressed a button on her Duel Pad, which revealed a hidden camera currently recording the Duel taking place, Hopefully Sol will give me better passing marks for this. "I summon Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio (1200/800)!" A black scorpion appeared before Applejack, roots on its back running up to a plant sprout behind its stinger tail. "Now the effect of my Scorpio activates; when he's summoned, I can send one monster from my hand to the Graveyard, and in exchange, I can Special Summon 1 'Predaplant' monster from my Deck. So I send my Predaplant Cordyceps to my Graveyard and Special Summon my Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra (1000/1500)." A snake with a body like a plant vine slithered in front of Applejack, its jaws patterned like flower petals.

"Since I summoned Darlingtonia Cobra from my Deck, I can use its ability. Now I can add one 'Polymerization' to my hand." Applejack's Duel Pad then slotted out the card for her to grab. "Now...I play Polymerization to combine both of my monsters!" Applejack's two monsters swirled together into a vortex of green light. "I combine my stinging predator and venomous predator and let a vicious new plant bloom!" Applejack took the card her duel disk ejected as she held it up high. "I Fusion Summon! Predaplant Chimerafflesia (2500/2000)!" A large coil of vines burst from the chasm and splayed out on the field. A large circular mouth ringed with teeth and surrounded by plump pink petals was at the end of the largest of the vines, and two smaller mouths rose beside it on smaller vines.

"Now I activate my Chimerafflesia's special ability. Once per turn, I can banish a monster whose level is equal to or lower than it. So your Reaper is no more!" stated Applejack. Chimerafflesia lashed out its two-mouthed vines towards Reaper of Prophecy.

"I don't think so. This should look familiar from our last Duel, Applejack. I reveal my Spellbook of Immortality. And you know what it does? It protects my Reaper from your petunia's ability." snickered Midnight as her monster avoided being banished.

"Figures, it's you, Twilight," said Applejack as she looked at the foe. "Hold on, sugar cube. We're gonna help free you from whatever dark magic has got a hold on you!" And claim it in the name of our dimension!

"Try as you might. But my grip on Twilight Sparkle is too much for even a simple cowgirl to beat!" snickered Midnight.

"Well, this cowgirl still got plenty up her sleeve. Chimerafflesia, attack her Empress! Now my monster's ability makes it so that your Empress loses 1,000 Attack Points while mine gains it." stated AJ (Empress of Prophecy: ATK 2600 - 1000 = 1600) (Predaplant Chimerafflesia: ATK 2500 + 1000 = 3500).

"But due to my Spellbook of the Mystic Arts, I won't take any battle damage because your monster isn't a Spellcaster," explained Midnight as her Xyz Monster was gone (Midnight Sparkle: 2,250 - 0 = 2,250 LP).

"Yeah, but I got a plan. So I place two cards face-down and end my turn! You're up, Rares!" said Applejack.

Turn 12: Rarity - Hand: 5

"Very well, darling. Let a lady take center stage!" said the fashionista as she flipped her hair before gracefully taking her draw. "I'll start by playing this Spell, Golden Rule! So I place two 'Crystal Beasts' from my Deck into my Spell and Trap Card Zone, and then I can Special Summon one 'Crystal Beast' from my hand. So I'll place a pair of felines, Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat and Topaz Tiger, in my back row. And I'll summon my cute little Ruby Carbuncle (300/300) in Defense Mode!"

On the girl's field, two gems, one yellow and one purple jewel, appeared as a red stone appeared in front. It then began to crack as bits of light emerged from the gem. Within the rays of light appeared a small purple quadruple with large red eyes and a round red gem on its tail. It jumped down in front of Rarity and mewled.

"When Ruby is special summoned, I can release the rest of my crystalized Crystal Beasts. So I release you all!" shouted Rarity. Ruby Carbuncle held up its tail and cried. The gemstone on its tail lit up red, and shot energy beams into the gems behind it. Soon, the rest of Rarity's monsters appeared: Topaz Tiger (1600/1000) and Amethyst Cat (1200/400) as the pair of felines roared.

"I'll then give my Topaz Tiger some extra bite by equipping him with Crystal Release! Giving him a pretty bonus of 800 Attack Points,” stated Rarity (Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger: ATK 1600 + 800 = 2400). "And now, Amethyst Cat, do your thing!"

Rarity's feline roared before she took off at her owner's command and charged forward. The feline bared its fangs as it leaped over Midnight's entire field and soared into the air. The she-demon saw the cat coming down as she raised her arm as its teeth sank into it. Midnight didn't feel pain as she swatted the cat back, who landed on her feet and raced back toward her mistress (Midnight Sparkle: 2,250 - 600 = 1,650 LP).

"By slashing her Attack Points in half, she was allowed to attack you directly. Now, my tiger will show his dominance and beauty. Be a dear and take out that Reaper!" stated the teen as her tiger growled and rushed forward. "I forgot to mention, my cute, adorable tiger gains an extra 400 Attack Points when it attacks your monster. Turning him from a harmless little kitty to a vicious killer (Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger: ATK 2400 + 400 = 2800)!" Rarity's tiger leaped at Reaper of Prophecy as it pinned down the monster before sinking his fangs into the Spellcaster as it was destroyed.

"Does it look like I'm worried?" scoffed Midnight as she didn't take any damage while her monsters were destroyed (Midnight Sparkle: 1,650 - 0 = 1,650 LP).

"No, but that will soon change. For now, I'll place two face-downs and call it!" said the fashionista.

"Great job, Rarity," said Applejack, praising her friend for how well she executed her turn.

"Darling, you're going to make me blush," responded the fashionista as she soaked in the attention for a job well done.

"Please!" interrupted Midnight with a scoff.

Turn 13: Midnight - Hand: 4

"You may have damaged me, but that will pale compared to what I do to you. Now, my monsters, rise!" shouted Midnight as her Empress and Reaper appeared from cracks in reality as their eyes glowed. "Due to my Spellbook of Resurgence, my monsters rise, and then I gain Life Points equal to half of their Attack Points. My Empress had 2,500, while my Reaper had 2,600 for a total of 5,100. So I gained 2,550 Life Points (Midnight Sparkle: 1,650 + 2,550 = 4,200 LP)!”

"My turn!" shouted the demon as she drew her card. "I'll summon my Spellbook Magician of Prophecy (500/400)! And thanks to his effect, when he's summoned, I can add a 'Spellbook' to my hand." said Midnight as a boy apprentice magician holding a book appeared; he opened his textbook, and there was a card that flew into the demon's hand. "Now, I activate my Emperor of Prophecy's ability! By banishing my Empress and one 'Spellbook' in my Graveyard, I can take control of one of your monsters! So I'll take that Chimerafflesia!"

The Empress placed her hand on the Emperor's; the woman transferred her power to her lover as he felt her spirit vanish. He then twirled his staff above his head before holding it out. In the blink of an eye, AJ's monster appeared on Midnight's field under her control.

"Impossible!" said Rarity.

"That's not good!" stated Applejack as she gritted her teeth.

"And now, I'll activate the card my Spellbook Magician of Prophecy gave me. Spellbook of Manipulation! Now, I can target one monster on my side of the field and change its level to match that of another. So my little boy magician becomes Level 7." stated Midnight as her small apprentice had the same level as AJ's stolen monster. "But before I do what I want, let me use your monster's ability and banish that Amethyst Cat!"

The plant monster lunged its vines forward, grabbing Rarity's feline, who tried to break free. With a snap, it broke into pieces of its jewel and vanished.

"Now...I have everything set up. I Overlay your Chimerafflesia with my Spellbook Magician of Prophecy to construct the Overlay Network!" shouted the she-demon as both monsters turned into orbs of light and hovered in the air. A galaxy portal opened before her as they entered, and a pillar of light emerged. "With the magician of spellbooks and the chimera-like plant, I call forth the Deadly Sin that represents the darkness of the human heart! I Xyz Summon! Meet the monster of your destruction! Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath (3200/1600/OLU: 2)!" The number 66 glowed brightly on Twilight's hand as out came a fully armored, yet savage-looking, woman-ish humanoid, wielding a massive sword in her left hand while her right forearm was a Gatling gun/missile launcher.

"What is that?" questioned Rarity, looking up at the monster.

"A whole lotta trouble," responded Applejack as she looked at it. And the perfect card! One of the Seven Deadly Sins!

"And it gets worse because I'm activating two more Spellbooks! Spellbook of Typing and Spellbook of Xyz Transfer!"


Spellbook of Typing
Equip Spell Card
Effect: When this card is equipped to a monster on the field: Change its Type, until this card leaves the field.


Spellbook of Xyz Transfer
Continuous Spell Card
Effect: This card can only be activated if you control a face-up Xyz Monster. Whenever you Special Summon a monster(s) from your GY: Attach 1 "Xyz Token" to your face-up Xyz Monster as an Xyz Material for each monster Special Summoned from the GY.


"Thanks to my Spellbook of Typing, my Xyz Monster changes from a Fiend to a Spellcaster; therefore, it benefits from the effect of my Spellbook of the Mystic Arts. And with my Spellbook of Xyz Transfer, anytime my monsters revive themselves, it produces an Overlay Unit that I can transfer to my Embodiment of Wrath!"

"No way!" shouted both girls.

"How the hell are we supposed to beat her?" said Rainbow as she was still on the ground, shifting her glance to look behind her. "It's like she's in God Mode!"

"Then how do we win?" asked Fluttershy, starting to come around.

"Now, I activate my Embodiment of Wrath's special ability. Using one Overlay Unit, my monster can now deal piercing damage!" stated Midnight as she absorbed one of her Xyz Materials into her Gatling gun arm (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 2 - 1 = 1).

"This just got worse," said Sugarcoat as she finally came to.

"Embodiment of Wrath, take out that Ruby Carbuncle!" said the she-demon as her monster raised her Gatling gun and fired it off. The bullets and rockets rained down on the girl's tiny monster, who covered itself up before being blasted into red particles. The damage continued as it transferred to the girl, who covered herself up before being flung back to the ground (Rarity: 4,000 - 2,900 = 1,100 LP).

"When my Ruby Carbuncle is destroyed, I can place it in my Spell and Trap Card Zone instead of sending it to the Graveyard," said the girl as a red gem appeared.

"Don't think you're safe just yet. Reaper, finish her off!" shouted Midnight as her monster flew forward.

"I activate my face-down, Crystal Raigeki! So, by sending my Ruby Carbuncle to my Graveyard, I can destroy your monster!" stated Rarity as she discarded her monster as Reaper also disappeared.

"Like that puts a dent in anything! Prophecy Destroyer, take out her Topaz Tiger!" said Midnight as her other monster took out the girl's feline; it turned into a yellow gem in her back row (Rarity: 1,100 - 100 = 1,000 LP).

"Thanks to my Crystal Release, I can place one 'Crystal Beast' from my Deck in my Spell and Trap Card Zone. So I choose my Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise!" stated the girl as a green gem appeared alongside the yellow jewel.

"And now you're completely defenseless! Emperor, silence her!"

"I still have one more face-down! I reveal Rainbow Path! When you declare an attack, I can send one 'Crystal Beast' from my Spell and Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard to negate the attack!" shouted Rarity as a rainbow-colored barrier appeared to protect the girl from harm as the green gem disappeared. "Then...I'm allowed to add a 'Rainbow Dragon' to my hand."

"So you managed to survive one more round? I'm impressed. But it won't change anything. So make your move!" stated Midnight.

Turn 14: Applejack - Hand: 2

"Here goes! First, I use the effect of Chimerafflesia in the Graveyard. On the turn it leaves the field, I can add a Fusion card from mah Deck to mah hand." She then touched her screen, searched for the card she wanted from her Deck, and clicked on it as it slid out for her to grab. "So I'm taking the Fusion spell, Predaprime Fusion. Then, I'm activating my Predaplant Cordyceps' ability. So, by banishing it from my Graveyard, I can revive two Level 4 or below 'Predaplant' monsters from my Graveyard. So my Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra and Scorpio are back in play!"

Applejack's two monsters rose as the girl drew her card. "Now, I'm activating my Cobra's ability. When it's summoned, I can add a Polymerization to my hand. Now...I'm gonna activate Predaprime Fusion to combine my Darlingtonia Cobra and Scorpio!" The two monsters were sucked into a vortex as green lights emitted. "I'll create a botanical nightmare by crafting these ravenous plants together! I Fusion Summon! Arise, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon (2800/2000)!"

The ground shook as a massive plant bud grew behind Applejack and rose into the air. It shone purple and burst apart, a dragon flying out of it and circling the field. Its body was lithe and green, armored in hardened purple growths with thorns emerging from them. Orbs of orange light lit up on its claws, shoulders, and wings, pulsing with energy. The dragon stopped its flight above Applejack, a vine-like tail lashing the air, and roared.

"Since I just Fusion Summoned mah dragon, he gets an Attack Point boost equal to a Special Summoned monster on yer side of the field for the rest of the turn. I choose your Embodiment of Wrath. So it gains 3,200 extra Attack Points!" said Applejack as she pointed at Midnight's monster (Starving Venom Fusion Dragon: ATK 2800 + 3200 = 6000). "Now, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon attack her Embodiment of Wrath!"

"I don't think so. I reveal my face-down, Call of the Earthbound! So your dragon's new target is my Emperor of Prophecy!" snickered Midnight as she saved her monster from being destroyed. Her Emperor of Prophecy stood before its comrade and tried to fend off the attack only to be taken out (Midnight Sparkle: 4,200 - 0 = 4,200 LP).

"Great…!" muttered Applejack at how she failed to destroy her intended target. "I play Polymerization to fuse my Predaplant Byblisp and Moray Nepenthes." The girl's two monsters appeared before they were absorbed into a vortex. "With the plant-like wasp and the vine-like eel, I bring forth the flora of the prehistoric era! I Fusion Summon! Predaplant Ambulomelides (1000/2500)!" A plant-like dinosaur appeared as it roared.

"Well...that's all I can do," said the girl, putting her head down in disappointment. You're only delaying the inevitable...

Turn 15: Rarity - Hand: 2

"My turn," said Rarity as she drew. "I'll play the Spell card, Crystal Blessing! So I take two 'Crystal Beasts' in my Graveyard and place them in my Spell and Trap Card Zone. So, I'll take back my Emerald Tortoise and Ruby Carbuncle." The two gems reappeared on Rarity's field. "Then I'll play this Spell, Rare Value. So now, in exchange for sending one of my Crystal Beasts in my back row, I get to draw two more cards. So what'll it be, darling?" asked the girl.

"Your Ruby Carbuncle!" snickered Midnight.

"So be it," said the fashionista as the red gem shattered and she drew her cards. "I activate Crystal Beacon! Since I have two 'Crystal Beasts' in my Spell and Trap Card Zone, I can summon a different 'Crystal Beast' from my Deck. Say hello to Crystal Beast Rainbow Dragon (3000/0)! A slightly different version of Rarity's beast appeared as it emitted all the rainbow colors.

"Crystal Beast Rainbow Dragon, attack her Reaper of Prophecy!" said Rarity as her monster opened its mouth and fired its attack to dismantle Midnight's monster (Midnight Sparkle: 4,200 - 0 = 4,200 LP).

"I place one card face-down. That's it," said the fashionista as she had nothing else.

Once Rarity finished her turn, Midnight began to break down as she tried to contain her laughter.

"You're just like all the others. Pretenders instead of contenders! You never had a chance!" stated the she-demon, laughing at how pathetic Rarity and Applejack's turn was.

Turn 16: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 2

"Now then. My Reaper and Emperor rise again! And I gain Life Points equal to half of their combined Attack Points." said Midnight as her monster reappeared (Midnight Sparkle: 4,200 + 2,550 = 6,750 LP).

"And thanks to my Spellbook of Xyz Transfer, that also means I get Xyz Tokens as two extra Overlay Units attached to my monster!" stated the she-demon as two orbs appeared above her revived monsters and attached themselves to her Number (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 1 + 2 = 3).

"Now, I'll play Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere. Since I have at least five different Spellbooks in my Graveyard, I get to draw the top two cards of my Deck. And if either of them are 'Spellbooks,' then I get to add them to my hand." said Midnight as she drew and looked at them out of the corner of her eye with a smile. "Wouldn't you know it? They're both Spellbooks. Spellbook of Power and Spellbook of Encore! So I'll take both of them. Next, I'm summoning my Temperance of Prophecy (1000/1000)!" Out appeared a robed magician holding mystic cups as its face was covered.

"Now I activate my Temperance of Prophecy's ability; since I activated a Spellbook before summoning it, I can now tribute it to summon one Level 5 or higher Spellcaster from my Deck. So...meet my most loyal servant. High Priestess of Prophecy (2500/2100)!" A dark portal appeared; all of Midnight's monsters looked at as Temperance's magical cups began to overflow with magic steam as it chanted some ancient tongue.

It then covered the magician as it disappeared into the dark portal. A second later, a leg was shown stepping through. It belonged to a beautiful red-haired woman wearing a revealing outfit and holding a book. Once the woman appeared, nearly all the other monsters on Midnight's field quickly bowed to their leader as she stepped forward, levitated into the air, and crossed her legs. Priestess lifted her head as her eyes glowed with evil yellow, and a sinister expression replaced her usual kind one.

"Now, I'll equip my Priestess of Prophecy with both Spellbook of Power and Spellbook of Encore! Spellbook of Power gives her 1,000 extra attack points, and Spellbook Encore means she can attack twice this turn!" said Midnight as more evil magic infused her mighty sorceress.


Spellbook of Encore
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 monster you control: It can attack twice this turn.


"Priestess, slay that Crystal Beast Rainbow Dragon!" ordered the she-demon.

"I activate my face-down, Crystal Boon! Now I can special summon up to 2 'Crystal Beast' monsters from my Spell and Trap Card Zone and gain Life Points equal to their Attack Points!"

"Nice try! But I still have this card in my hand: Spellbook Ruling!"


Spellbook Ruling
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Your opponent cannot activate Spells/Traps until the End Phase of the turn you activated this card.


"Now, you can't activate any of your Spells or Traps. Meaning your monster's destruction is unavoidable!" snickered Midnight as Rarity's card glitched and vanished, leaving the girl without anything. Priestess blasted Rarity's dragon as it roared in pain before vanishing as the girl looked away (Rarity: 1,100 - 600 = 500 LP).

"Prophecy Destroyer, finish her!" growled Midnight in the most menacing tone. The demon roared before lunging toward the helpless girl as Rarity saw death in her eyes. One might swing, and the girl felt the painful attack and screamed.

She was sent back and hit the ground hard as she lay there. Applejack looked back at her friend as she struggled to move but soon collapsed (Rarity: 500 - 2,500 = 0 LP).

"Sorry, Rarity," mumbled the farm girl as she failed to defeat this evil foe and got her friend caught in the line of fire. Pathetic. Now at least she's out of my way, I can deal with her myself.

"Now, Priestess, dispose of her Predaplanet Ambulomelides!" said Midnight as she took out AJ's monster.

"And now...Embodiment of Wrath, take out her Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!"

"Ah reveal mah face-down! Preda—"

"No, no, no! Remember, you can't activate any of your Spells or Traps!" laughed Midnight.

"You mean...?" She wouldn't...

"My Spellbook Ruling affects both of you! I have the power to dictate this Duel, and what I say goes. And I say you aren't blocking this attack!" smiled Midnight as AJ's face-downs disappeared. Applejack could only look on as her dragon was slain and began to emit light from inside.

"Mah dragon doesn't leave without a partin' gift! When it's destroyed, all yer Special Summoned monsters are also destroyed! An' that's all your monsters on the field!" shouted Applejack as a massive explosion occurred.

When the explosion died down, the entire field was empty. Applejack managed to survive, while Midnight kept her evil smile despite not having any monsters.

"My monsters are only temporarily gone. Plus, I got all I needed thanks to my Spellbook of Power. Now, for every monster that my Priestess destroyed while equipped with my Spellbook of Power, I get to add a 'Spellbook' to my hand. So I get two!" snickered the she-demon as two cards magically appeared in her hand. "I end my turn."

Turn 17: Applejack - Hand: 0

"Mah draw!" said Applejack as she hoped to draw something. Time to give her a taste of her own poison. "I play Dragon's Mirror!" A large mirror appeared in the air, the wings, claws, and tail of a dragon carved from its frame. "This lets me banish the Fusion parts needed from my field or Graveyard to summon a Dragon-Type Fusion monster from my Extra Deck. I banish Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra and Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!”

The mirror pulsed and glowed purple, its surface cloudy. Applejack reached to her Duel Pad, fingers poised. "I combine mah botanical nightmare and mah carnivorous predator to bring out a toxic terror like no other!" The mirror cracked down in the center, the image of glowing purple eyes appearing in either half. "I Fusion Summon! Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon (3300/2500)!" The mirror shattered, and a massive dragon flew out of the frame. Its serpentine body was glowing blue, purple, and yellow, with streaks of light along its limbs. Wings like the growths of a plant spread behind it, crackling with energy. It circled to float in front of Applejack, roaring down at Midnight.

"Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon, attack her directly!" said Applejack as her dragon fired a powerful beam of energy that made contact with Midnight, who just kept her cocky smile (Midnight Sparkle: 6,750 - 3,300 = 3,450 LP).

"I...end my turn," sighed the country gal.

"You lose!" snickered Midnight.

Turn 18: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 2

"Rise!" shouted Midnight as all the monsters AJ took out on her last turn appeared as she had a full field of her strongest monsters. "And since that's five monsters being revived, five overlay units are transferred to my Embodiment of Wrath!" Five orbs appeared and circled Midnight's number (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 0 + 5 = 5). "And I gain Life Points equal to half the combined total of all my monsters' Attack Points (Midnight Sparkle: 3,450 + 6,250 = 9,700 LP)!"

"Over 9,000...?" said Rainbow, at seeing how much Midnight had.

"It's all over!" said the she-demon as she drew. "I activate Spellbook of Destruction!"


Spellbook of Destruction
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.


"So now, your dragon is gone!" A magic shot took out AJ's final monster as the remaining monsters stared her down. "Prepare to meet your end!"

"Hold it right there! This Duel's not over!"

"And by the way, Dashie, the 'Over 9,000' meme is sooooo overused."

//Intrusion Penalty: Life Points halved.//

Midnight looked as coming out to challenge the demon was Pinkie, and Sunset. The pair had gone to find their friends and arrived just in time as Applejack was about to be defeated.

Pinkie Pie: 4,000 LP

Sunset Shimmer: 4,000 LP

"Very well. I only hope you prove more challenging than these two. Finish her!" shouted Midnight as Emperor and Priestess put their hands out and fired off some magic that collided with Applejack to send her flying (Applejack: 4,000 - 2,300 - 2,500 = 0 LP).

The farm girl hit the ground as she tumbled. Pinkie and Sunset rushed to their friend's aid as they checked on her.

"Be...careful, you two..." said Applejack as that was all she could say...before she pressed another button and sent the recorded video to an unknown being. It doesn't matter. I already got all the info I need.

"You won't get away with this, Twilight!" growled Sunset as she stared down the demon.

"Everyone that has stepped up to me has fallen. And you two will fail as well!"

"You ready to do this, Pinkie?"

"You know it, Sunset!" said the party girl.

Turn 19: Pinkie Pie - Hand: 5

"I'll summon my Madolche Marmalmaide (800/2000) in Defense Mode!" stated Pinkie as a small maid holding a menu appeared, sitting on top of a jar of marmalade. "I then play the field spell, Madolche Chateau! All my 'Madolche' monsters gain 500 extra Attack and Defense Points with this card!" A large building made of sweets appeared behind the girl, looking tasty.

"I'll then set one card face-down."

"That's all? Please," scoffed Midnight.

Turn 20: Sunset Shimmer - Hand: 5

"Don't forget about me!" said Sunset as she drew. "And it's time we even the playing field. I set the Pendulum Scale with my Scale 1 Magician of Glorious Sundown and my Scale 8 Magician of Glorious Sunset!" The bacon-haired teen placed her two cards on the far end of her pad with the word PENDULUM spelled out in between. The two monsters then appeared in columns of light with their numbers in front of them.

"Now I'm allowed to summon monsters between Levels 2 through 7. So here they come!" shouted Sunset as three lights shot out from an open portal above. "Say hello to Solar Flare Phoenix (2500/2100), Corona Beast Sunset Unicorn (1800/1300), and Corona Paladin Strider (1700/1400)!"

"So you managed to summon multiple monsters? Big deal!" scoffed Midnight.

"Oh, it is a big deal because the effect of my Sunset Unicorn activates. Since it was Special Summoned, I can select one monster on my side of the field and have its Level reduced by 1. So I choose my Corona Paladin Strider!" gestured Sunset as she pointed to her monster. "And the monster that has their Level reduced becomes a Tuner!"

"Tuner?" said Midnight.

"That's right. So now...I'll tune my Level 3 Corona Paladin Strider with my Level 4 Corona Beast Sunset Unicorn!" declared Sunset. Her Strider turned into three giant green rings as her unicorn leaped into them (Level 3 + 4 = 7). "With the paladin's might and the unicorn's wisdom, I bring forth a fiery daydreamer! I Synchro Summon, Shimmering Phoenix Princess Daydream (2300/2200)!"

"All that work for a monster that doesn't even come close to mine!" taunted Midnight.

"Maybe, but I'm not planning on attacking. I'll lay one card face-down and end my turn!" stated Sunset.

Turn 21: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 2

"I'll give you this. You're smarter than the rest of your friends. They would have attacked and helped me." said Midnight as she drew her card. "Now...Emperor. Attack—"

"I activate my face-down, Gravity Bind!" shouted Sunset as her card flipped up. "Thanks to this card, any monster that's Level 4 or higher can't attack."

The change in gravity affected nearly all the monsters on Midnight's field as they were held in place.

"Impressive. You managed to do something that I didn't expect. However...my Embodiment of Wrath is a Rank monster, meaning your Trap does not affect it. So it can still attack. So...take out her Shimmering Phoenix Princess Daydream!" ordered Midnight as her monster aimed her gatling gun at it and let loose a barrage of bullets, destroying Sunset's monster (Sunset Shimmer 4,000 - 900 = 3,100 LP).

"My Shimmering Phoenix Princess Daydream may be gone, but I can place it face-up in my Extra Deck," said the bacon-haired girl as her Extra Deck compartment opened and placed her card in.

"Your Trap is only temporary, holding my monsters back. It's only a matter of time before I break free. Like your friend said, I'm in God mode! Greatness on a different level!" shouted Midnight.

Turn 22: Pinkie Pie - Hand: 3

"My turn! I'll begin by activating my Trap card, Madolche Waltz. Now, whenever my 'Madolche' monsters attack or are attacked, you take 300 points of damage! Then, since I have no monsters in my Graveyard, I can Special Summon my Madolche Petingcessoeur (1400/1400) from my hand. And with that, I can bring out a different 'Madolche' monster to join the party because I Special Summoned it. Make way for Madolche Puddingcess (1000/1000)!" Out emerged a blond little girl wearing a dress resembling pudding as she twirled around and did a cute little bow.

"Normally, she's Level 5, but with my Petingcessoeur's ability, it makes her Level 4. Which means I can do this! I Overlay Madolche Petingcessoeur and Puddingcess to build the Overlay Network!" said Pinkie as her two monsters turned into orbs of light and hovered in the air. A portal opened before the girl as the orbs entered, and a pillar of light emerged. "With the princess of pudding and the petit princess, I call upon the sweetest teacher in all the land! I Xyz Summon! Madolche Teacher Glassouffle (1800/2500)!" Out came another monster; she wore glasses and an elegant dress. She had a book in one hand and a small staff in the other as a small blackboard was behind her.

"With that, I'll lay one card face-down and end my turn!"

Turn 23: Sunset Shimmer - Hand: 0

"My turn!" Sunset looked at the card she drew as seeing it gave her a sense of dread. "I'll just play one card face-down!"

Turn 24: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 3

"Looks like you failed! Now...time to end you two!" snickered Midnight. "I play Mystical Space Typhoon! So now your Gravity Bind is no more!" A giant wind blew over the field as it was destroyed. "Now I activate my Embodiment of Wrath's special ability! By using one Overlay Unit, it can deal piercing damage (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 5 - 1 = 4)!"

"Not quite, I reveal my face-down, Madolche Nights! Since I have no 'Madolche' monsters in my Graveyard, this card lets me negate your effect!" said Pinkie as she shut down Midnight's plan.

"Like it matters," snickered the she-demon with a sassy look, "Take out her Madolche Teacher Glassouffle!" The monster aimed her gatling gun arm at Pinkie's monster as the barrage of bullets took it out.

"Remember, thanks to my Madolche Waltz! You take 300 points of damage (Midnight Sparkle: 9,700 - 300 = 9,400 LP)!" said the party girl.

"I got plenty of Life Points to spare! You, on the other hand, don't!" cackled Midnight. "Reaper, take out her last monster!" The she-demon's Spellcaster flew toward Pinkie's remaining monster; it swung its scythe to take it out (Midnight Sparkle: 9,400 - 300 = 9,100 LP).

"Now, you're defenseless! Emperor, strike her!" said Midnight as her male sorceress aimed his staff at the girl.

"I reveal my face-down, Madolchepalooza! Now I can Special Summon any number of 'Madolche' monsters from my hand!" said the girl as she showed the two final cards in her hand and placed them on her pad. "Madolche Messengalto (1600/1000) and Madolche Chouxvalier (1700/1300), arise! And thanks to Messengalto's ability, when he's Special Summoned, I can add one 'Madolche' Spell or Trap card to my hand!"

"So you still wanna fight, huh? Fine then!" snickered Midnight as she snapped her fingers. Her Prophecy Destroyer also flew into action alongside Emperor as both monsters took out the tiny things (Midnight Sparkle: 9,100 - 300 - 300 = 8,500 LP).

"Thanks to my monsters' ability, instead of sending them to the Graveyard, I can shuffle them back into my Deck!" said Pinkie as she grabbed both of her cards and placed them on top of her Deck as the auto-shuffler kicked in.

"Like it's going to protect you from this next attack. Priestess!" The woman opened her book as she began to read from it. She then held her book in front of her as a powerful single beam shot toward Pinkie, who covered up as she fell to a knee (Pinkie Pie: 4,000 - 2,500 = 1,500 LP).

"You survived...this time. But on my next turn, you're done!" smiled Midnight.

Turn 25: Pinkie - Hand: 3

"Then I better make this turn count!" said Pinkie as she drew. "I'll play Monster Reborn to bring back my Madolche Teacher Glassouffle!" The party's girl's monster rose back up as Pinkie looked at her hand. "I place one card face-down...that's...that's it."

The party girl put her head down after ending her turn.

"Pinkie..." muttered Sunset, seeing her friend.

Turn 26: Sunset - Hand: 0

"Seems she couldn't do it! Let's see if you can?" snickered Midnight.

Sunset glared at the evil Twilight as she drew her card. The girl looked at it for quite a while as she contemplated what to do.

"Aw, what's the matter? Got nothing!"

"I...end my turn," muttered Sunset, as the card she drew couldn't help her.

Turn 27: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 3

"I'm done playing around! Now..." said Midnight as she drew. "I'll activate my Embodiment of Wrath's ability. Using one Overlay Unit it can deal piercing damage (Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath: OLU 4 - 1 = 3). So...this time, take out her monster once again!"

The monster, this time, raised her sword and threw it at Pinkie's monster as it exploded (Midnight Sparkle: 8,500 - 300 = 8,200 LP) (Pinkie Pie: 1,500 - 200 = 1,300 LP).

"You're done. Prophecy Destroyer!" shouted Midnight.

"I reveal my face-down, Madolche Check! Thanks to this card, I target one 'Madolche' monster in my Graveyard, and you take damage equal to its Attack Points. And I choose my Madolche Teacher Glassouffle!" said Pinkie as she blasted a chunk of the demon's Life Points away (Midnight Sparkle: 8,200 - 1,800 = 6,400 LP).

"Insolent little pest!" shouted Midnight as her monster brought his sword down on the helpless girl, who was flung back (Pinkie Pie: 1,300 - 2,500 = 0 LP).

"Pinkie!" shouted Sunset as she put her arm out, seeing her friend go flying and was about to hit the ground hard.

Just then, a figure appeared as he jumped in the air and caught Pinkie. Golden appeared and quickly pulled the girl into his arms as he used himself to protect the teen and cushion her fall as he hit the ground with a thud. Sunset looked worried; she saw Golden holding Pinkie in his arms as he sat up.

"Pinkie, talk to me!" said the boy, worried for the girl's safety.

The boy tried to get the girl to respond as he shook her. His shaking affected the party girl as she opened her eyes and saw Golden's face. The boy smiled as he was glad to see she was fine.

"Sorry..." was all she could say before losing consciousness.

"You did your best," whispered Golden to the girl.

"Back to the Duel!" shouted Midnight as she got everyone's attention, "And only one Duelist remains. Reaper, take out her Shimmering Phoenix Princess Daydream!" Midnight's next monster raised its scythe and took out Sunset's Winged-Beast (Sunset Shimmer: 4,000 - 300 = 3,700 LP).

"Emperor of Prophecy, take out her Solar Flare Phoenix!" The male sorcerer aimed his staff at Sunset's remaining monster as they had their attacks clash before each was taken out. "And with your monster being destroyed, I can activate this card from my hand, Spellbook Countdown!"


Spellbook Countdown
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: If you destroyed a monster(s) your opponent controls: Destroy Spells/Traps your opponent controls equal to the number of monsters destroyed.


"Now, for every monster that was destroyed on your field, I can destroy that many number of Spells and Traps. So your two Pendulum cards cease to exist, and you take 600 points of damage for each one!"

Sunset's Pendulum cards disappeared as Sunset covered up by a giant wind blowing in her face (Sunset Shimmer: 3,700 - 600 - 600 = 2,500 LP).

"This Duel is over!" said Midnight as she snapped her fingers. Her Priestess began to move her arms about as she prepared her spell.

Sunset just stood there as Priestess of Prophecy finished her spell and fired her attack.

"I reveal my face-down, Cross Attack! Now we both take the same amount of damage that I'm taking!" shouted Sunset.

"It doesn't matter! You lose!" shouted Midnight.

"NO!" shouted Golden as he set Pinkie down and rushed toward Sunset as the attack was coming down on her.

A magic pillar came down on Sunset as it created a huge smoke cloud. Midnight chuckled as she finally wiped out her gauntlet of challengers (Sunset Shimmer: 2,500 - 2,500 = 0 LP) (Midnight Sparkle: 6,400 - 2,500 = 3,900 LP). However, she saw a figure standing in the smoke. When it pulled back, there stood Golden as he was holding an unconscious Sunset in his arm. What was more important was his Duel Pad as it was activated.

//Intrusion Penalty: Life Points halved.//

"This Duel is not over!" declared Golden.

Golden Flare: 4,000 LP

"So...you want to suffer the same judgment as your friends? Well, then...what are you waiting for, boy?!" taunted Midnight.

Golden glared at the she-demon as he placed Sunset down on the ground. He patted her shoulder before looking at the purple demon as he raised his Duel Pad.


Canterlot High School - Infirmary
Enix POV

All while this is happening, Enix was having a horrible nightmare while he's unconscious, but it's more like a bad memory: he and his team were escaping the Canterlot Castle of his dimension, being forced to leave his comrades behind as he fell into Golden's dimension, but he and Shinkokuna made certain that no one remembered them due to the latter's experimental memory-wiping gun, which they used to cover up their tracks. But then, a distorted voice that almost sounds like it belonged to Applejack demanded to know something.

WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!

Then distorted voices of Princesses Celestia and Luna rung out.

MURDERER!!!

YOU KILLED THEM!!!

Enix held Princess Cadence in his arms as a distorted voice that belonged to Shining Armor screamed.

YOU KILLED MY WIFE!!!

Enix heard many voices yelling at him for his crimes, until they stopped and Sunset Shimmer, wearing armor that resembled Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon's appearance, walked up to him.

Enix looked up at her, "Sunny...I...I..."

Sunset then said three simple words that hit Enix to his very core:

"You blew it."

Enix jolted awake, panting up a storm and in a cold sweat, terrified by what he had seen and heard. He reached into his pocket and pulled out two cards that he needed to keep safe with his life: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. But something was different about Dark Rebellion, it was glowing a bright orange, like a setting sun.

It's okay, Enix. It wasn't your fault. There was no other way around it.

Suddenly, Dark Rebellion glowed even brighter, creating two new cards for Enix to use. As the light dimmed down, he got a good look at them.


The Phantom Knights' Rank-Up-Magic Launch
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: During the Main Phase: Target 1 DARK Xyz Monster you control with no material; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 DARK Xyz Monster that is 1 Rank higher than that monster you control, by using it as material, and if you do, attach this card to it as additional material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon. Transfer its materials to the Summoned monster.) During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 DARK Xyz Monster you control; attach 1 "The Phantom Knights" monster from your hand to that monster as material.


Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 5
Type: Dragon/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 3000
DEF: 2500
Effect: 3 Level 5 monsters
If this card has "Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon" as material, it gains these effects.
●Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change its ATK to 0, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's original ATK.
●When your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then you can Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your GY.


No matter where you go, I'm always with you.

The glow from Dark Rebellion flew out of the card and into Enix, imbuing him with new power. Enix got up from his bed and made his way to the exit, Was that all just a dream? Was it really her?

Just then, loud explosions rang out just outside the front entrance to the school along with the screams of many terrified students.

"How long was I out?" Enix put a hand to his earpiece, "Shinkokuna, come in!"

Nothing but static in his ear.

"I don't like this..." Enix tried to leave, but just as he opened the door, Inspector Yokozawa was standing right outside the door.

"Well, well, well, the Phantom Swordsman finally wakes up." Yokozawa said as his assistants, Jinyo and Mahno approached Enix each with a pair of handcuffs.

Damn! Why now?! Enix thought in a panic.

"You're under arrest due to suspicion of murdering the Apple Family!" Jinyo declared.

"AND for attending school here illegally!" Mahno added.

"We did a little more digging on you, and it turns out that you didn't enroll here or Crystal Prep! So that makes you a potential spy! For all we know, you could be a serial killer or a terrorist!"

"...Uh-oh." Enix uttered.