• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,273 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,273

Chapter 13: The Wrath of Midnight Sparkle Part 1 (By Golden Flare)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (OC), Isaac (OC), The Rainbooms, and the Shadowbolts
Decks: Spellbook, Magnet Warrior, Amazoness, Hazy, and Morphtronic

Co-written by ShootingStar25.

Note: This is the one chapter that I won't adding details to any other cards, except custom cards, because honestly, I've kept everybody waiting long enough and I'm tired of taking forever to get one chapter out. I sincerely hope you all enjoy.

The entire school was in chaos. The demon that was Midnight Sparkle cackled loudly as it echoed among the field. The two numbers on the she-demon glowed with intensity as a dark cloud of magic hung over the entire field; the students of both CHS and CPA were all looking to get away from the destruction being caused.

"I can't believe this is happening!" said Golden, taking in all the destruction around him.

"Look out!" shouted Sunset as the girl managed to push him and her out of a falling spotlight.

"Thanks," said the boy to the girl for saving him.

"Don't thank me yet! Run!" said Sunset as they quickly got up and began to book it toward some of the bleachers.

"How do you like me now?!" shouted Midnight as she began to fire some magic beams from her hands as they created some explosions. The she-demon had her Duel Disk shine with dark magic as the Number 66 appeared; the armored woman humanoid lifted her right arm as her Gatling gun began to open fire and cause even more chaos. She then slashed with the sword in her left arm as more destruction occurred.

"This is nuts!" shouted Rainbow as she peeked from behind the bleachers to see everybody running to safety.

"I'm scared!" said Fluttershy as she hid behind her friend, hoping the monster would ignore her.

"Its power is off the charts," said Applejack as she was in front of the school, along with Rarity and Pinkie.

"Everyone to safety! Now!" shouted Celestia to the students as she, Luna, and Cadance began evacuating.

"Leaving so soon?!" snickered Midnight Sparkle as her hands glowed with magic.

The last of the students the three women managed to round up entered the school; they turned around to see magic vines appear and seal off the entrances to the school. The students, along with Celestia, Luna, and Cadance, were now all trapped inside with no way out.

"What are we going to do now?!" shouted Sour Sweet as they were locked out along with several other students and looked at their corrupted teammate. "Where's Principal Cinch, anyway?!"

"Forget about her! We need to worry about ourselves and...whatever that thing is!" expressed Sugarcoat.

As if it heard the girl, Midnight looked in the direction of the Shadowbolt girls and smiled.

"Well, well...if it isn't my old teammates. Hey, girls. Did you miss me?" cackled Midnight evilly. "Don't worry, weak, pathetic, useless Twilight is gone. Now...only Midnight remains. And I promise you she's anything but weak!"

"I hate to say it, but I prefer the quiet girl over this...this...monster!" said Sour Sweet.

"How kind of you!" snickered Midnight.

"Pff. So what? You don't scare me. So you may have changed your appearance and other stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that you're still the weak girl who likes to hide away. You could put a mask on a pig, but it's still a pig!" stated Sugarcoat, not being intimidated by this evil thing.

"Oh, quite the contrary, my little blunt friend. For as I have told you, Twilight Sparkle is long gone. She is replaced by Midnight Sparkle, who shows no fear to anybody who stands in her way. Including you!" said Midnight as she pointed at Sugarcoat. "But since you had the decency not to be afraid, I'll give you the distinct honor of being my first victim on my road to retribution!"

"Bring it on!" shouted Sugarcoat as she accepted Midnight's challenge.

Midnight smiled before she surrounded herself in a dark purple cloud. It touched the ground before Sugarcoat pulled back, and there stood Midnight Sparkle, human-sized, with her Duel Disk strapped on her arm. Sugarcoat strapped on her Duel Disk as the girl looked ready to fight.

"You can't be serious, Sugarcoat!?" stated Sour Sweet.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" said the girl, not wanting to be punked out by this evil being.

"Like I'm gonna let you hog all the spotlight when it comes to saving the day," scoffed Sour Sweet as she flipped her hair and strapped on her Duel Disk.

"Stay out of this, girl!" said Sugarcoat, not liking that her classmate was trying to hog all the attention like she normally did.

"Please. I can Duel circles around you. And I can definitely Duel circles around this insecure little girl!" said Sour Sweet.

"I'll take you both on!" answered Midnight with an evil grin.

"Huh?" said both teens, surprised by the she-demon's response.

"Defeating two opponents at once will be more fun for me! Double the destruction and pain, twice the entertainment!" smiled Midnight.

"She must really want to lose that badly," snickered Sugarcoat as she was goaded into Midnight's challenge.

"Excellent!" said Midnight as her Duel Disk projected a lavender energy card tray that almost resembled a dragon eating its own tail while Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet did the same, projecting an energy card tray with pale purple light while the latter had a pale pink light, but theirs looked normal.

"Let's Duel!" said all three.

"Be warned. This Duel is unlike any you have ever been in. For in this Shadow Game, you lose everything!" said Midnight.

//Augmented Reality Vision Link established.// said the AI.

Midnight Sparkle: 8,000 LP
Sugarcoat: 8,000 LP
Sour Sweet: 8,000 LP

Turn 1: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 5

"I'll start!" said Midnight as she drew her card and smiled. "And I'll start by playing this Spellbook of the Mystic Arts!" The she-demon held her card up high as it let out a powerful burst of magic; Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet looked away and put their arms up to protect themselves from the massive wind that blew over.


Spellbook of the Mystic Arts
Continuous Spell Card
Effect: During the Battle Phase: You cannot take damage involving battles with your Spellcaster monsters, except with your opponent's Spellcaster monsters.


Once it died down, the pair turned to look at Midnight, who chuckled. Her Deck glowed as it sensed the powerful card that was played as the whole Duel was now shifted on its head.

"When did she get that card?" asked Sugarcoat, as she didn't recall Twilight ever having that in her Deck.

"I told you. This Duel is unlike anything you've ever been in. For you see, this Shadow Game gives my Deck an upgrade. I have a power the likes of which you have never seen. In other words, you have no chance of winning!" laughed the demon.

"We'll see," said Sugarcoat, not being intimidated.

"Now then...I summon Amores of Prophecy (600/2000)! And activate its special ability. So, by revealing my Spellbook of Secrets in my hand, I can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Spellcaster from my hand. So now I summon Charioteer of Prophecy (1800/1300)!" Two lights shined on Midnight's field as one of her monsters was a magical swordsman who rode on a white horse, and the other wore a vizor over their eyes and was holding a rune mini-blade.

"Then I'll play the Spellbook of Secrets I just revealed to add any 'Spellbook' I want from my Deck," stated Midnight as the card slid out for her to grab. "I then play it face-down and end my turn."

Turn 2: Sugarcoat - Hand: 5

"Now it's my turn. So stand back!" declared Sugarcoat, not showing any fear as she drew. "I'll start by playing the Field Spell Magnetic Field! With this card in play, I can revive a Level 4 or below 'Magnet Warrior' from my Graveyard. As long as I control an Earth-Attribute Rock-type monster." Pillars of shining grey steel rose like a cross around Sugarcoat, sparks coursing along their length. Sugarcoat held up another card. "I'm then activating Foolish Burial to send one monster from my Deck to my Graveyard. So I'm sending Alpha the Electromagnet Warrior to the grave."

The girl showed off her card before sending it away as she grabbed another card in her hand, "I'll then summon Delta the Magnet Warrior (1600/1400)." Trails of electricity rose from the ground, tracing out the image of a monster that solidified in a flash of silver light. It was a spindly robot with limbs of circular steel cable connecting hands and feet and a head of silver-blue metal with magnetic bars running along the edges. A horseshoe magnet around a triangular metal prism made its head, yellow eyes blinking on the metal.

"Now Delta's ability activates; I can send a Magnet Warrior from my Deck to the Graveyard when he's summoned. I choose Gamma The Electromagnet Warrior (800/2000) from my Deck to the Graveyard, and then use the effect of Magnetic Field to revive Gamma." Sugarcoat's newest monster manifested from the lightning of Magnetic Field. It was a short, stocky robot with thick armor in dull gold, a magnet forming its collar, and a magnet mounted on the back of each large fist.

"Now Gamma's ability activates when he's summoned; I can also bring out a level 4 or lower 'Magnet Warrior' from my hand. I'll summon Beta the Electromagnet Warrior (1500/1500). But I'm not done because, like Gamma, Beta's ability activates the moment he's summoned. So I'll then use its effect to add one level 4 or lower 'Magnet Warrior' from my Deck to my hand. I choose to add an original, Alpha the Magnet Warrior." Sugarcoat smiled and looked up at the three monsters hovering before her. "And now, all the pieces are in place." She pulled a card from her hand and held it up. "I banish Alpha the Electromagnet Warrior from my Graveyard, and Beta and Gamma the Electromagnet Warriors from my field, to Special Summon!" Her two monsters on the field turned into orbs of lightning and began to swirl around her, Alpha's hologram emerging from her Duel Disk and turning into lightning to join them. "Come forth, Berserkion The Electromagna Warrior (3000/2800)!" She slammed her card onto her Duel Disk.

The lightning orbs around her circled higher into the air and collided in a flash of light. The orb grew larger, the air crackling, sparks shooting out. It gleamed and then exploded outward to reveal a massive robotic monster. Its limbs were armored in red, silver, and blue, the metal curved and gleaming. Sparks flew from electrical coils embedded in its shoulders and running along its arms. A sword formed from a metal rod with electrical coils appeared in its hand, and it thrust the blade up to summon lightning to it, a metallic clang echoing across the field.

"My, my! Such a powerful monster!" taunted Midnight.

"It is. And why don't you get a closer look at its power! Berserkion, attack her Charioteer!" instructed Sugarcoat as her monster leaped into the air and stabbed its sword into Midnight's monster. A cloud of smoke occurred when the attack made contact as it blinded the field.

Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet had smiles on their faces as Midnight just remained calm. Soon, the cloud disappeared as Midnight's monster was gone; however, when her Life Point total came up, it remained unchanged (Midnight Sparkle: 8,000 - 0 = 8,000 LP).

"Huh?" said both girls, confused as to how Midnight didn't lose any Life Points when her monster was defeated.

"Surprised? Well, you should be. I warned you about the power of my Deck. And thanks to my Spellbook of the Mystic Arts, I'm virtually untouchable." stated Midnight as the first card she played shined with dark magic.

"What do you mean?" asked Sugarcoat.

"This Spell makes it so that I only take damage when another Spellcaster defeats my Spellcasters," snickered the she-demon.

"You gotta be kidding me!!" said Sour Sweet after hearing that.

"So, are you quaking in fear yet?" taunted Midnight.

"Hardly," responded Sugarcoat bluntly, "I may not be able to damage your Life Points through your monsters, but I can still destroy them and get to you the old-fashioned way. But for now, I'll let my partner do that. I place one card face-down and end my turn."

Turn 3: Sour Sweet - Hand: 5

"Not bad, Sugarcoat. But now, let me handle this!" said Sour Sweet as she stepped forward and looked to show her classmate how to get the job done. "Here I go! I draw! And I'll begin...by summoning my Amazoness War Chief (1900/0)!" A muscular woman holding a spear, dressed in a fierce outfit, appeared and twirled her staff before taking its position.

"I can summon her if I control no monsters. Then, because I Special Summoned her, I can set one 'Amazoness' Spell or Trap card from my Deck or a Polymerization. So, I'll set my Amazoness Call. But I'm not done. Because I Special Summoned an 'Amazoness' monster, I can also summon my Amazoness Baby Tiger (500/500)!" A small striped cub appeared as it let out a small roar.

"While my Amazoness Baby Tiger is on the field, its name becomes 'Amazoness Tiger.' So now, I play Polymerization to fuse my Amazoness Baby Tiger and Amazoness War Chief!" Sour Sweet's two monsters were sucked into a swirling vortex behind the girl as it emitted purple and orange lights. "Get set for some paws, claws, and, like, warring roars! I Fusion Summon! Amazoness Pet Liger (2500/2400)!" Out emerged a massive tiger, pale beige with black stripes. Armor plating with spikes covered its shoulders, gleaming blue against the dark orange of its mane. It crept up next to Sour Sweet, glaring at Midnight with one red eye, the other closed by a jagged scar, and roared at her.

"Isn't he cute?" Sour Sweet smiled as she patted the monster on one of its armored portions. "As long as Amazoness Pet Liger is in play, you’re forbidden from attacking any Amazoness monsters except for my Liger. Next, I'll play Fusion Recovery to retrieve both Polymerization and Amazoness War Chief from my Graveyard." Sour Sweet's two cards slid out for her to grab as she smirked upon adding them to her hand. "And then...I'll play Polymerization again, so this time I can fuse my Amazoness War Chief with my Amazoness Queen!" Sour Sweet's two warriors appeared before a swirling vortex as they were sucked in and combined their powers. "Now, these two warriors of the jungle will combine into one and harness the power of the jungle itself! I Fusion Summon! Amazoness Empress (2800/2400)!" The smoke cleared to reveal a massive warrior woman with white hair and red war paint on her muscles. Animal skulls adorned her shoulders, waist, and head, forming a horned crown. She snapped her hand out to the side, a red cape blowing out behind her, and in a flash of red light, a massive, curved, spiked sword appeared in her grasp.

"Now, it's time for my monster to sink his teeth into his prey. Attack her Amores of Prophecy! And due to my monster's ability, it gains 500 Attack Points during the Battle Phase!" snickered Sour Sweet as her Liger rushed forward and headed toward Midnight's final monster. "Oh, did I forget to mention that due to my Amazoness Empress' ability, my monsters can deal piercing damage!"

"It's cute how you think that'll work. You forget, my Spellbook of the Mystic Arts makes it so that I don't take any battle damage from my Spellcasters being destroyed unless it's by a Spellcaster. So, your piercing damage doesn't affect me whatsoever." said Midnight as her monster was destroyed, but her points remained unchanged (Midnight Sparkle: 8,000 - 0 = 8,000 LP).

"Maybe. But...you have no monsters left to protect you. So...Amazoness Empress can deal you a direct attack!" smiled Sour Sweet as her monster coiled her legs and sprinted forward, her sword held out to the side. She reached the she-demon and delivered a slash attack, which Midnight was unfazed (Midnight Sparkle: 8,000 - 2,800 = 5,200 LP).

"Not bad," scoffed Sugarcoat, not wanting to fully admit to her classmate for doing something she couldn't do.

"With every move you make, I'm learning more and more about your strategies, and it's only a matter of time until I figure them out!" stated Sour Sweet, smiling at the fact that she dealt some damage to the powerful being.

"Too bad you won't be around for much longer!" snickered Midnight.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I end my turn."

Turn 4: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 2

"All that talk, and now you're defenseless," mocked Sugarcoat.

"Hmm. Are you sure about that?" smirked Midnight, putting her head down and momentarily closing her eyes.

As if on cue, two pillars of light emerged on Midnight's side of the field. They soon died down as both of her destroyed monsters were back.

"Huh?" said both Shadowbolt girls.

"Allow me to educate you. All thanks to my face-down, Spellbook of Resurgence."


Spellbook of Resurgence
Continuous Trap Card
Effect: If your Spellcaster monsters are destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the GY: Special Summon the destroyed monster(s) to your field at the start of your turn, and if you do; gain LP equal to half of the Special Summoned monster's ATK.


"Due to this Trap, I can revive all the monsters my opponents destroy at the beginning of my turn. And that's not all; I gain Life Points equal to half of the combined total of my monsters' Attack Points." snickered Midnight.

"Seriously?" said Sour Sweet.

"You two went through all the trouble of destroying my monsters, but thanks to this card, now I can bring them back for the rest of the Duel (Midnight Sparkle: 5,200 + 300 + 900 = 6,400 LP)!” Midnight snickered again.

"It doesn't matter how many times you bring back your monsters; we'll just take them out one by one if we have to!" declared Sugarcoat.

"And here I thought you two were some of the best Duelists at Crystal Prep, but after those moves you've made, you've proven that you're nothing but pathetic pretenders. Now, watch!" shouted Midnight as she drew. "I now summon my Strength of Prophecy (1500/1400)!" Out emerged a female sorceress as she wielded a magical axe. "I then activate her ability; once per turn, I can shuffle a 'Spellbook' from my Graveyard back to my Deck, and in exchange, I can target one Spellcaster I control, and not only give them 500 extra Attack Points, but raise their level by one. So I choose my Amores of Prophecy!"

Midnight's Duel Disk ejected her Spellbook of Secrets as she grabbed it and placed it on her Deck. The auto-shuffler kicked in as her selected monster gained strength (Amores of Prophecy: ATK 600 + 500 = 1100) and rose to Level 4 (Amores of Prophecy: Level 3 + 1 = 4).

"Okay, that's not good," said Sour Sweet.

"Oh, it gets worse, especially when I play this Spellbook of Collection!"


Spellbook of Collection
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Draw 1 card for every monster on the field.


"Now I draw one card for every monster on the field."

"Every monster?!" said both girls.

"So, thanks, girls. Now I draw five new cards!" snickered Midnight as she used her magic to replenish her hand. "By replenishing my hand, countless more strategic opportunities are available. I'll then play this Spellbook of Annihilation!"


Spellbook of Annihilation
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monsters' total ATK.


"With the power of this Spell, I destroy every one of your monsters!"

"All of them?!" said Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet, shocked to hear that.

A massive pillar of light shot down from the heavens, and they struck all the monsters on Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet's field as their monsters exploded. The girls looked away as they were now wide open to Midnight's onslaught of monsters.

"I would say you two put up a good fight, only you didn't!" laughed Midnight as she stared down at her former teammates as they were helpless.

The two Shadowbolt girls gritted their teeth as there was nothing they could do to stop any attacks the she-demon was about to launch at them.

//Intrusion Penalty. Life Points halved.// said some Duel Disks’ AI’s.

Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet heard that as they turned around, and standing behind them were Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare. The two girls had spotted the Duel and quickly rushed to where their teammates were, looking to lend a hand against this evil foe.

Sunny Flare: 4,000 LP

Lemon Zest: 4,000 LP

"Need a hand?" asked Lemon Zest, smirking.

"What took you so long?" complained Sour Sweet.

"Ah, the gang's all here. Well, sit tight, you two. Because I'm about to finish them, my Spellbook of Annihilation has an additional effect. You both take damage equal to the total combined Attack Points of your monsters." stated Midnight.

"Total Attack Points?" said Sugarcoat.

"This is bad!" said Sunny Flare.

"And that's terrible news for both of you, right? Berserkion has 3,000 Attack Points, Amazoness Pet Liger has 2,500, and Amazoness Empress has 2,800! Together, that's 8,300 points of damage! Which adds up to your downfall!" smiled Midnight.

"Ahhhhhh!!" shouted both girls, electrified by the thunderbolt that took out their monsters and screamed in pain (Sugarcoat: 8,000 - 8,300 = 0 LP) (Sour Sweet: 8,000 - 8,300 = 0 LP).

The pair were sent flying as they flew back past Sunny Flare and Lemon Zest; they crashed and tumbled along the ground as their cards flew around them. Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare approached their classmates; they checked on them, seeing both suffered bruises and scuffs along their clothes and skin.

"Sour!" said Sunny Flare as she looked at her classmate.

"Be...careful…" was all the girl could say before she fainted from exhaustion.

"Take a break, you two. Leave the rest to us!" said Lemon Zest as she addressed Sugarcoat, who was also knocked out from Midnight's power.

Both girls stood up and turned to look at their corrupted classmate as she held her evil laugh.

"You want a fight? I'll give you a fight!" shouted Lemon Zest.

"That's the spirit. Hopefully, as my next victims, you'll put up more of a fight than those two did."

"No chance in hell! Me and Sunny are gonna take you down!" stated Lemon Zest, not backing down from the challenge.

Turn 5: Lemon Zest - Hand: 5

"It's my move! I draw! To start...I'll summon Morphtronic Celfon (100/100)." A large yellow cell phone appeared in front of Lemon Zest. A sheen of light washed over it and broke apart, transforming it into a large yellow robot with bright pink eyes. The phone screen cracked down the center and swung back, forming a pair of wings. "I activate Celfon’s ability. Once per turn, I can roll a die, and whatever the result is, I can reveal that many cards on the top of my Deck and summon a Level 4 or lower Morphtronic monster among them." Lemon snapped her fingers. "Go, Morphtronic Speed Dial!" Celfon thrust out its chest, comprising the top half of the phone form's dial pad. The numbers lit up in rapid sequence before stopping on ‘6'. "Awesome!" Lemon grabbed six cards from her Duel Disk, looked over them, and nodded.

"I summon Morphtronic Smartfon (100/100)!" A slim smartphone materialized in Lemon’s line of monsters and snapped apart, the pieces within unfolding to form hands and feet. The top of the phone popped up, revealing a slim pair of red eyes. "I'll activate Smartfon's effect. Like Celfon’s effect, I can excavate the number of cards and add a Morphtronic card into my hand. Go, Morphtronic Messenger!" Smartfon's screen on its chest began cycling through numbers, stopping on a three.

Lemon Zest then picked up three cards and frowned as she held them out. "I'll add Morphtronic Forcefield. But I'm not done yet. 'Cause next, I play my One For One Spell card. This lets me discard a monster card from my hand, and then I can summon a Level 1 monster from my Deck. So, by getting rid of my Morphtronic Clocken, I'm busting out my Tuningware (100/300)!" stated Lemon Zest as a tiny monster with a metal hub cap appeared. "Now...I'll tune my monsters together!" Smartfon turned into a single green ring as it circled its comrades. "I Synchro Summon! Come on out, T.G. Hyper Librarian (2400/1800)!" The ring around Celfon and Tuningware contracted and then exploded, revealing Lemon’s new monster. A tall, slim humanoid figure in a white and black robe stood before her, a white cloak trailing down its back. It raised its head, concealed by a military cap and glasses, and snapped an arm out, a book tracing out in green light and then popping into existence in its hand.

"When I use Tuningware for a Synchro Summon, I can draw one card. And my T.G. Hyper Librarian means I draw another card. And then, I'll have my monster attack your Strength of Prophecy!" stated Lemon Zest as her monster rushed forward to fire a spell from its book and successfully took out Midnight's monster (Midnight Sparkle: 6,400 - 900 = 5,500 LP).

"Since my T.G. Hyper Librarian is a Spellcaster, it means I can destroy your monsters and deal damage!" snickered Lemon Zest as she bypassed Midnight's plan.

"One attack, and now you're boasting about it!" responded Midnight as Lemon Zest merely got lucky. "If I were you, I'd be worried about wondering if you're gonna last any longer."

"I'll take that bet! I place one card face-down and end my turn!"

Turn 6: Sunny Flare - Hand: 5

"Then I do believe it's my turn," said Sunny Flare as she flipped her hair before drawing her card. "I activate the Continuous Spell, Hazy Pillar!" The ground behind Sunny split apart. A glowing, wavering pillar of bright orange fire rose from it, the top flickering and snapping the air. “As long as this card is in play, any Hazy Flame monster I may summon requires one less tribute for their summoning.” She flipped another card out of her hand and swung it onto her card tray. "I'll follow that up by playing the Spell card, Card Advance. This allows me to look at the top five cards of my Deck and place them back on top of it in any order I wish, and I'm also afforded an extra Tribute Summon this turn." Sunny's cards ejected from her Duel Disk, and she picked them up and fanned them out.

"Since I require no tributes, I can summon my Hazy Flame Sphynx (1900/1900)!" A large fireball emerged from the Hazy Pillar and floated before Sunny. The flames expanded, grew into a form lying on the ground, and then receded to reveal her monster. A beast with a lion's body and a woman's head lounged on the grass, her mane a field of orange and red fire. Jeweled blue and yellow regalia covered her forehead and neck. "And because I have an extra summoning this turn, I'll also bring out my Hazy Flame Cerbereus (2000/200)!" A circle of fire lit up in front of Sunny. A large three-headed dog rose from within them, its entire body of flickering orange and red flames. The three heads looked at each other before turning forward.

"I now activate the special ability of my Hazy Flame Sphynx! Once per turn, I can guess if the top card of my Deck is a Spell, Trap, or Monster card. I then reveal and discard that card, and if I guessed correctly, I can summon a FIRE monster from my hand or Graveyard. I guess a Monster card." stated Sunny Flare as she placed her hand on her deck and drew her card to look at it with a smile. "Lucky for me, it is. So, I'll discard my Hazy Flame Hydra to summon my Hazy Flame Mantikor (2200/300)! But that's not all, because I'll use the other effect of my Hazy Flame Sphynx to revive my Hazy Flame Hydra (2300/200)!"

Hazy Flame Sphynx turned its head and opened its mouth to shoot a column of fire at the ground. The flame formed into the shape of Sunny Flare’s monster and dispersed to reveal it, a writhing mass of red serpentine necks topped by pairs of red jaws with glowing eyes. A swarm of fireballs floated out of the pillar of fire and congregated, growing into a quadrupedal form and dispersing. A large red lion with leathery wings crouched in front of Sunny, its mane a ring of orange fire. Sunny laughed and pointed forward.

"Now that I've got a field full of monsters. You're about to be taken down!" the Crystal Prep girl scoffed.

"No, you won't. 'Cause from my hand, I can play this! Spellbook of Detainment!"


Spellbook of Detainment
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Your opponent cannot declare an attack this turn.


"You can play that when it's not your turn?!" said Lemon Zest.

"Of course, when you have powers like mine, you're allowed whatever you want. So, thanks to my Spell card, you're not allowed to attack me this turn." snickered Midnight.

"An unfortunate twist, but I can work around that. Now, I Overlay my Hazy Flame Hydra and my Hazy Flame Mantikor! Using my two Level 6 monsters, I construct the Overlay Network!" declared Sunny Flare. Sunny Flare’s two monsters turned into orbs of orange light and swirled into a flaming vortex above her, red light gleaming from the center. She spun in place as she reached her Duel Disk, hair, and skirt flying through the air. "By uniting the serpent of fire and the lion of fire, I spark the kindling that will light the flames of malice!" She stopped with her hand in place, a card ejecting into her fingers. "I Xyz Summon." She swung her card out and onto her Duel Disk swiftly. "Take flight, Hazy Flame Basiltrice (2500/1800/OLU: 2)!"

The Hazy Pillar behind Sunny blazed hotter as a shadowed form appeared. With a loud screech, a massive avian monster flew out of the flames and circled the field, two balls of orange light orbiting it. Wings of fire and gold swept through the skies, feathers in blue, orange, and red rustling and a long serpent’s tail flicking the air in its wake. The monster touched down behind Sunny on six claws and raised its chest proudly, red eyes blazing beneath a golden crown and a hair of blue fire.

"Now it's time to use my Hazy Flame Basiltrice's special ability. By using one Overlay Unit, I can banish a monster from your side of the field or in your Graveyard. So I'll get rid of your Amores of Prophecy!" Sunny sniffed. Hazy Flame Basiltrice opened its beak as one of its orbiting lights flew into its mouth (Hazy Flame Basiltrice: OLU 2 - 1 = 1). With a loud caw, it snapped its head forward, a beam of bright orange light lancing across the field. The light consumed Midnight's monster, shattering it under the blast.

"Since your monster was banished, it can't return on your turn," the girl snickered. "And now, I'll activate the effect of my Hazy Pillar to attach my Hazy Flame Cerbereus onto my Hazy Flame Basiltrice!" A ball of light rose from Sunny’s Duel Disk and joined the other one orbiting the Basiltrice (Hazy Flame Basiltrice: OLU 1 + 1 = 2).

"So, you found a way to dispose of my monsters? Clever, but it still won't be enough!" snickered Midnight.

"Well, then...I'd like to see you take down our beasts. I place one card face-down and end my turn," said Sunny Flare.

Turn 7: Midnight Sparkle - Hand: 3

"Now, then...it's my move!" said Midnight as she drew. "And thanks to the effect of my Spellbook of Resurgence, my Strength of Prophecy rises, and I gain Life Points equal to half of her Attack Points!" The she-demon's spellcaster rose as dark magic infused its spirit (Midnight Sparkle: 5,500 + 750 = 6,250 LP).

"Now, I'll begin by Overlaying both my Strength of Prophecy and Charioteer to build the Overlay Network!" shouted Midnight as her two monsters were infused with dark magic before turning into orbs of light. They hovered in the air as a portal opened before her, and the orbs were sucked in, causing a pillar of light to emerge. "With the prophet of strength and rider of the chariot, I call forth the one who brings life to humanity! I Xyz Summon! Rank 4! Say hello to Number 39: Izanagi (2500/2000/OLU: 2)!" shouted the demon. Out came one of her Barian Numbers as its yellow eyes glowed; its black and metal outfit made it appear quite menacing before quickly slashing the air in front of itself as it wielded a bladed, spear-like weapon in a battle stance.

"What is that?" said Sunny Flare as she was in awe at what kind of monster she saw.

"What is that?" repeated Rainbow, who was near some bleachers as she spotted the monster in the distance. "We gotta find out what it is! Come on, Shy!"

"What?" said the girl as her friend was already heading toward the site of the duel. "Rainbow, wait! Don't leave me by myself!" said the shy teen as she chased after her best friend in hopes of being safe.

"Hope you girls are ready! Prepare to face the wrath of my monster. I activate Izanagi's special ability. By using one Overlay Unit, I can destroy one monster you control. So your Hazy Flame Basiltrice is gone!" snickered Midnight.

Midnight's monster quickly disappeared as it reappeared before Sunny Flare's monster. A slash was heard before it zoomed past Sunny Flare's monster and stood a few meters away. It then raised its free hand to the sky, and behind it, a lightning bolt struck the monster's upper half and fell as it exploded.

"And now, I'll have Izanagi attack your T.G. Hyper Librarian!" instructed Midnight as her monster delivered another running slash as it took out Lemon Zest's monster (Lemon Zest: 4,000 - 100 = 3,900 LP).

"Now that you're both defenseless, it's time to wipe you two out. I play the Spell card Spellbook of Divine Council from my hand!" Midnight held her card up high as it shined with blinding magic; both Shadowbolt girls looked away for a moment before looking back as the Xyz Monster there before was now gone and replaced by four different monsters.

On Midnight's field were Emperor of Prophecy (2300/2000), Reaper of Prophecy (2000/1600), Magical Marionette (2000/1000), and Disenchanter (2000/2300). All the monsters on Midnight's field had dark magic in their eyes, as if the Shadow magic emitted from the Number controlling the girl has infected her entire Deck.


Spellbook of Divine Council
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Select 1 monster you control that was Special Summoned from your Extra Deck: Return it to the Extra Deck, and if you do; Special Summon 4 Spellcaster monsters from your Deck that are less than or equal to the ATK of the monster returned to the Extra Deck.


"How did you summon four monsters?" asked Sunny Flare.

"It's quite simple, really. My Spellbook of Divine Council allows me to get rid of my Izanagi, and in exchange, I can summon four Spellcasters from my Deck as long as their Attack Points don't exceed Izanagi’s Attack Points."

"You gotta be kidding me!" said Lemon Zest as she looked at the monsters staring the pair down.

"And now, let's activate some abilities. When my Reaper of Prophecy is summoned, I can activate as many of its abilities due to the number of Spellbooks in my Graveyard. Since I have at least 3 Spellbooks in my Graveyard, my Reaper gains 600 extra Attack Points!" said Midnight as her monster raised his scythe and glowed (Reaper of Prophecy: ATK 2000 + 600 = 2600), "Since I have 4 Spellbooks, I can add a 'Spellbook' from my Deck to my hand. And since I have 5...I can bring out another Level 5 or higher Spellcaster from my Deck. So rise...Prophecy Destroyer (2500/1200)!"

The ground cracked open as a demon claw was shown rising and grabbing the ground. A growl was heard that put some fear in Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare's body as the creature inside the cavern emerged; a winged demon appeared as it roared and held a large sword while spreading its wings.

"Geez, she has that as part of her Deck?" said Sunny Flare, surprised that Twilight had this monster as part of her army of monsters, given its demeanor and appearance compared to her other Spellcasters.

"Hey! What's happening?!" shouted Rainbow.

The two Shadowbolt girls turned to see the rainbow-haired girl running toward them as she skidded to a halt. Without a second thought, she activated her Duel Pad as she looked to join in this Duel.

//Intrusion Penalty. Life Points halved.// said her Duel Pad’s AI.

Rainbow Dash: 4,000 LP

"What are you doing here?!" asked Sunny Flare to the girl who was part of her rival school.

"Duh, what does it look like?! I'm here to help stop that monster!" expressed Rainbow.

"Well, I'm down with that," smiled Lemon Zest.

"Another challenger. How welcoming. But before I get to you, Dash. I have to score to settle with my former classmates. So now, my monsters, make them suffer!" stated Midnight as her creatures heard the command of their mistress. "Magical Marionette, attack Lemon Zest directly!"

"I activate my face-down, Morphtronics, Scramble! Thanks to my Trap, when you declare a direct attack, I can negate it! And then I'm allowed to summon a 'Morphtronic' monster from my hand!"

"I don't think so! I said I would make you suffer, and that's what I'm going to do. So now, I activate the card that Reaper gave me. Spellbook of Sealment!"


Spellbook of Sealment
Counter Trap Card
Effect: Activate only when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.


"I can activate this Trap card when you activate your own Trap. It cancels out your card's effect and destroys it!" snickered Midnight as Lemon Zest's face-down shattered.

"No!" said the girl, realizing she had nothing left.

"Wait! That card doesn't say it can be used from the hand! That's cheating!" Sunny accused.

"When it comes to a Shadow Game and Shadow Magic, all's fair in love and war! But mostly war! Now, speaking of which, let's pick up where we left off! Disenchanter, get in there as well!" commanded Midnight as both monsters rushed forward and struck Lemon Zest; the girl winced in pain as she was sent tumbling back (Lemon Zest: 3,900 - 2,000 - 2,000 = 0 LP). "Reaper, Destroyer, take her out!" shouted Midnight as she pointed at Sunny Flare. Like before, the two monsters rushed forward and attacked the girl hard as she screamed and was tossed back (Sunny Flare: 4,000 - 2,600 - 2,500 = 0 LP).

The two girls landed just a few meters away from Sugarcoat and Sour Sweet as Rainbow turned to look at them. Fluttershy finally caught up as she gasped upon seeing the site. She saw the Shadowbolt girls, all with bruise marks, as she looked over at where Rainbow was standing.

"What happened?" asked the girl.

"They got beat. But now...it's our turn. It's up to us to save the day, like always. So are you going to run and hide or help me take down this thing?!" asked Rainbow as she turned to look at Midnight and growled.

Fluttershy was still nervous as she looked between Midnight and what she did to the Shadowbolts; the girl could feel her fear taking over but glanced over at Rainbow. The chromatic-haired girl wasn't showing any fear in her eyes as she was looking to take down Midnight to cease all this chaos. Seeing her friend's bravery made Fluttershy slowly remove her fear as she took a deep breath.

"Yes! I will help!" said Fluttershy confidently, not wanting to leave her friends alone.

"That's the spirit!" exclaimed Rainbow with a thumbs up at her best friend.

Fluttershy smiled as she pulled out her Duel Pad and strapped it around her wrist.

//Intrusion Penalty. Life Points halved.// said Fluttershy’s Duel Pad AI.

Fluttershy: 4,000 LP

"Well, I'll admit, I didn't see this coming. Based on how well your friends performed for CHS, I'm interested to see what you two can do." smiled Midnight. "So before I pass it over, I'll lay two cards face-down. You're up!"