• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,273 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,273

Chapter 12: The Final 1v1 Duel - Golden vs Isaac (By ShootingStar25)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (OC), Isaac (OC), Twilight Sparkle, Indigo Zap, Astral Flare (OC), Arctic Ace (OC), Sonata Dusk, The Rainbooms, Principal Cinch, and the Shadowbolts
Decks: .EXE, Dark Magician + custom cards, and Prophecy

Co-written by ShootingStar25.

Note: Fun fact, ShootingStar25 wrote this whole chapter, all I did was edit and add to it, please give credit where credit is due. :twilightsmile:

DARK CHIP
CREATED
BY DESIRE

The situation was as is, with Rainbow pulling off a miracle comeback, she was able to barely defeat Enix, Crystal Prep's second top Duelist, and secure the win for Canterlot High. That being said, the score was now one-to-one. And after the Turbo Duel between the two participations, everyone was asked to regroup and take a break so that things could be set up for the final event.

Golden and the rest of the Team CHS gathered in a classroom to discuss what to do.

"It's obvious that I'm the one who should participate!" said Rainbow as she felt it was her right to go into the final event of the Friendship Games. "I just won my Duel. So hands down, I should be the one to Duel again!"

"Rainbow, fer once, can ya put yer ego aside?!" said Applejack as she got in the face of her friend/rival. "This ain't about you! It's about choosing someone who can give us the best chance o’ winnin'!"

"And you think you're the best, AJ?! You may have won your Duel, but it was against someone I could Duel in my sleep! I had a tougher opponent, which is automatically better than yours!"

"Can we please focus!?!" shouted Sunset as she got everyone's attention.

"Sunset's right. Arguing amongst ourselves isn't going to do much of anything," Astral stated as he was sitting on a window with an arm resting on his knee.

"As we speak, Crystal Prep is making fun of us! They probably think we can't determine who should participate in the final event without trying to rip each other apart!"

"So, what's the plan?" asked Pinkie, who sat at a student desk.

"Well, the final event for the Friendship Games is a one-on-one Duel…" said Golden, leaning against a wall with his arms crossed.

"If we're gonna have the best chance possible, we need to think carefully about who we want...we only get one chance," said Sunset.

"Fine. Then let's talk about it. Who among us is gonna be the one?" asked Rainbow as she leaned over and gripped the teacher's desk while looking at Sunset.

"Well..." said the girl as she began to think. "Pinkie and Astral didn't win their Duel. No offense, guys."

"None taken. I’m just glad to have made it this far." said Astral.

"Now...Applejack, you and Golden won your Duels. I...couldn't. But I didn't lose either. So I doubt it should be me."

"So that leaves us with half the field," said Golden as he looked over at Rainbow and Applejack.

"Well, if Ah'm being honest, Ah'm thinking ‘bout who they might select. I doubt Enix will compete, so that only leaves one person left. And I don't think my Deck can compete with it. So...I'm pulling out." said AJ.

"Then it's between me and you," said Rainbow as she turned to look at Golden.

Neither said anything, as both had their own thoughts running through their head. Sunset soon approached Rainbow and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Rainbow. Undoubtedly, you could win this final Duel, and I'd also like to think I could. But...we both know it can't be either of us, except for one person."

The bacon-haired girl turned her attention to the boy leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. The others soon followed her lead.

"Yeah, this was what I was afraid of…" sighed the boy.

"You're the best chance out of all of us. You need to be the one," stated Sunset.

The girl tried to convince her friend as Golden sighed deeply. The thoughts of his prior Duel against Lemon Zest came rushing back to him.

No matter what happens, I CANNOT use those Dark Chip cards. They’re too dangerous. My mind’s almost halfway gone already.

Yeah, good luck with THAT.

Get outta my head.

Eat it, kid. We’re inseparable now.

Says the dark voice in my head.

Yeah, but you’re still talking to me, instead of doing the logical thing and ignoring me. Quit fooling yourself. The darkness will always be a part of you. It is time you accepted that truth.

While CHS was divulging who they should choose, Crystal Prep was also doing the same. However, for the woman, she had no doubt who would represent them. At first, she had banked on Enix being their representative, but after the defeat at the hands of Rainbow, the woman knew she had to take drastic measures. Which meant she had to do whatever it took to win.

Finding her champion didn't take long, as he was in the room with the others. Isaac was shown shuffling his cards and doing sleight-of-hand tricks as he was trying to calm his mind. The boy shuffled his cards, creating a long trail of cards being tossed between his hands as it was visible. He closed his hands as his Deck disappeared just as the woman's shadow loomed over him.

"I believe you know what this is about," said Principal Cinch.

"Yeah," responded the boy as he made a card appear with the flick of his wrist. He bounced it off his wrist before catching it between his fingers.

"And you know what that means."

Isaac stopped his card tricks as he turned to look at the woman.

"The time has come. I promised you a showdown, and you have the chance. A chance on their biggest stage and in front of his loyal companions. Picture it...two of the best Duelists, throwing down in one final winner-take-all, high-stakes Duel. Isn't that the kind of scenario everyone would like? Riding on the edge, full throttle, with everything to lose and everything to gain." stated Cinch. "Well...you have the opportunity. All you have to do is face off in one more Duel, and I promise you, you'll get everything you've ever wanted."

"You sure you want me?" asked the boy to the woman.

"Positive. Nobody else has what it takes," said Cinch as she looked at Sour Sweet and Sunny Flare; despite them being the only ones who won, her best option was to go with the boy and his Deck of Spellcasters.

Isaac didn't fully believe the woman's words as he glanced at Sour Sweet and Sunny Flare. The two girls eyed the boy as they seemed to understand Cinch's explanation and believed he was their best chance to take down their rivals. The teen looked back at Cinch, who kept her smile as he sighed.

"Very well," said Isaac as he flicked his hand, and his entire deck appeared in his palm.

The two girls and Cinch smiled after hearing the boy's answer.


Twilight had remained in the library for quite a while. After Isaac left for his Duel with Sunset, the girl tried to get her bearings together. Though, the sting of defeat couldn't be waved off so easily. Twilight had a lot riding on her; she didn't care about being ranked as Crystal Prep's Top Duelist regarding wins and losses, but she failed to please Principal Cinch. Now the girl was starting to really think about her skills as a Duelist. Safe to say, the girl's confidence level was rocked to her very core.

The girl could hear the sounds of students from the nearby window as everyone was gathered back onto the field for the final event of the Friendship Games. Twilight didn't feel like attending, as her teammates would only remind her how she dropped the ball. At this point, the bookworm just wanted to be alone. Find some quiet place and hope everybody will forget about her, at least for now. She may have been an invisible person at Crystal Prep, but everybody would know her now after a display like that. The teen shifted her position as she looked to get out of her chair when something fell.

The girl looked down as a Duel Monsters card was shown by her feet. Twilight slowly bent down with her hand reaching out as she grabbed the card.

"What's this?" said the bookworm as she brought the card up to her face and flipped it over to see it.

At that moment, something happened to the girl, and she gasped. Her body shook as she couldn't move and was entranced by the card's image. Her glasses fell off, and her hair bun became undone as it fell past her shoulders like a majestic waterfall.

"Let the Barian Number take hold. Let go of your fears and embrace the darkness, Twilight."

"Let go?" said the girl as she felt her grip of resistance slowly fading.

"Let the Barian Number take hold. Let go. And you will get everything you deserve."

"Everything...I deserve..." the girl said as the last bit of her mind succumbed to the darkness.

"Where is that nerd?!" said Indigo Zap.

The athlete was looking to give the bookworm a piece of her mind for screwing them over by losing. With everybody being distracted by the main event, she could confront the girl without anybody interrupting or even witnessing. The only problem is where she managed to run off crying.

"Maybe I should’ve asked that geek Isaac where the nerd was," muttered Indigo.

She turned the corner when she spotted her target. Twilight was shown exiting the library and heading toward the school's entrance. The girl still had her hair down and she put back on her glasses.

"Found her. Shoulda known she'd be in a place like the library. It's the loser's only home." Indigo began to follow her classmate.

Twilight was heading toward the school's entrance as she pushed through the doors and began to walk. Indigo was behind her as she called out to the girl.

"Hey, nerd!" shouted Indigo.

Twilight stopped at hearing Indigo. She slowly turned her head as, despite looking normal, there was a hint of darkness in her eyes. The two girls stared at each other as Indigo addressed the lavender-haired girl.

"Listen here! This whole thing is all your fault! We wouldn't even be going into the final event if you had just won. We would've already nailed the whole thing!" shouted Indigo as she was shown activating her Duel Disk. "Hope you're ready 'cause I'll teach you a lesson about what happens to failures at Crystal Prep!"

Twilight merely smirked as the darkness controlling her began to emit from her. She then showed her arm as her Duel Disk was activated and projected a purple card tray to match that of Indigo's dark blue.

"You can try!" said Twilight as there was a hint of bass in her voice as the darkness inside was taking control.

The number 66 appeared on the back of Twilight's right hand, while the number 39 appeared on the left side of Indigo's collarbone.


"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the final event of the Friendship Games!" said Principal Celestia as she got the attention of everybody.

Sunset and the others were seated on the side, as was the rest of Crystal Prep's team. The two sides now selected their participants to do battle, like a quickdraw in the old west; with both opponents at the ready, once the dust settled, only one outlaw would remain, so to speak.

"With the score tied, this last event will determine the winner. And the final event is a one-on-one Duel!" said Vice-Principal Luna. "Each side has been tasked with selecting one Duelist from their team to represent them in this epic clash. And it has been revealed."

The woman pointed to the screen as it showcased the portraits of Golden Flare and Isaac. The two Duelists were shown on the field as they stood a great distance from opposite sides. Golden pulled his Deck out of his pocket and slid it into his Duel Pad.

"The time has finally come," said the boy to himself.

Isaac flicked his wrist as a single card appeared sideways between his fingers. When he turned it to face forward, it pulled back to reveal his entire Deck as he slotted it in his Duel Disk.

"Let's see who the top Duelist really is," said the teen.

The two opponents activated their Duel Disk and Duel Pad as they stared the other down. Everybody watched the two teens, they were about to engage in a final showdown, and in the end, only one Duelist would remain.

"Let the Duel...BEGIN!" shouted Luna.

//Augmented Reality Vision Link Established.// said the A.I.

"Let's Duel!" shouted both boys.

Golden Flare: 8,000 LP
Isaac: 8,000 LP

The two portraits appeared on the big screen for all as it began to go back and forth between them. Soon it stopped as Golden's was highlighted, indicating the turn order.

Turn 1: Golden Flare - Hand: 5

"I'll kick things off. I draw!" shouted Golden as he drew his card. "I'll start by summoning my NumberMan.EXE (900/900)." A humanoid robot with a blinking light bulb for a head appeared on the field. "Then I'll activate its ability. Once per turn, I can roll a die, and whatever number it lands on, you take 100 points of damage multiplied by that number. Go, Doom Dice!" stated Golden Flare as a die appeared before him. The die was tossed as it landed on a six. "Nice! Say goodbye to 600 of your Life Points!" The die let loose a massive explosion in Isaac's general area, creating a simulated dust cloud as his Life Points began to drop (Isaac: 8,000 - 600 = 7,400 LP).

Despite the explosion, the boy didn't flinch.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" taunted Isaac.

"Kinda," Golden shrugged his shoulders and set a card, "I'll set one card face-down and end my turn."

Turn 2: Isaac - Hand: 5

"Psh. Is that all? Fine then, it's my turn!" scoffed Isaac as he drew his card.

"Hold up, I'm activating my NumberMan's ability again!" smiled Golden. "Now, Doom Dice!" smirked the boy as another die appeared. It was tossed as a four appeared. The teen smiled as another explosion occurred (Isaac: 7,400 - 400 = 7,000 LP).

"Nice, he's got an early lead!" smiled Rainbow.

"Yeah, but Isaac isn't worried." stated Sunset.

True to the girl's statement, Isaac merely dusted his shoulder as he shrugged off Golden's effect.

"Now then...I'll begin by playing my Berry Magician Girl (400/400)!" A small magician appeared; she had a wand and a pacifier in her mouth as she made sucking sounds. She soon landed on Isaac's shoulder as the boy smiled and tickled the baby's tummy. "When I summon her, I can add a different 'Magician Girl' from my Deck to my hand. And I know which one; I choose my Apple Magician Girl." The boy's card slid out for him to grab. "Next, I'll play one card face-down and end my turn."

Both boys tested the waters of their opponents, as neither were going hard from the start. However, based on their moves, it was now a matter of who would kick things off.

Turn 3: Golden Flare - Hand: 4

"That’s it? I was expecting more." retorted Golden as he drew his card. "Let me show you how to Duel. First, the effect of my NumberMan.EXE allows me to add a 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell card to my hand. So I'll take this one, Battle Chip - HeroSwrd!" Golden's Duel Pad ejected his card as his deck was auto-shuffled. "Next, I activate my monster's ability. Go, Doom Dice!" Another die was tossed as it tumbled along the ground. However, it resulted in a one.

"Looks like your luck ran out!" taunted Isaac.

"Either way, you're still taking damage!" said Golden as he couldn't believe his luck turned rotten. Another , yet much smaller, explosion occurs, and, once again, Isaac doesn't flinch (Isaac: 7,000 - 100 = 6,900 LP).

"Geez, this guy must have nerves of steel." said Rainbow.

"That's the best you can do?!" shouted Isaac.

"Now you're getting on my nerves. I equip my Spell onto my monster, which gives 2,000 extra Attack Points and can inflict piercing damage!" A shining and grand sword appeared before the humanoid monster; he grabbed it and felt the power surge through it (NumberMan.EXE: ATK 900 + 2000 = 2900). "Now, NumberMan, attack his Berry Magician Girl!"

"I activate my Berry Magician Girl's special ability. When she becomes the target of an attack, I can change her to Defense Mode and summon a 'Magician Girl' from my Deck. So Chocolate Magician Girl (1600/1000), make your presence known!" shouted Isaac as a piece of chocolate appeared before it shined; when it died down, there was another female sorceress who winked and struck a pose.

"You may have a new monster, but my NumberMan still attacks your Berry Magician Girl. And thanks to my Spell, you'll take some big damage!" stated Golden.

"You think I wasn't prepared for that move? Reveal, Magical Dimension!" shouted Isaac as his face-down flipped up, and a sarcophagus appeared.


Magical Dimension
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: If you control a Spellcaster monster: Target 1 monster you control; Tribute that target, then Special Summon 1 Spellcaster monster from your hand, then you can destroy 1 monster on the field.


"Berry Magician Girl, lend me your strength so I can summon...Dark Magician (2500/2100)!"

"No way!" said Golden as, in a flash of light, Isaac had his top monster already on the field.

"And with his arrival comes your monster's destruction!" stated Isaac.

The sarcophagus sucked in the boy's baby Spellcaster as it closed before opening and revealing his top magician. The coffin closed again as the hole in the middle shot an energy beam that took out Golden's monster, leaving the boy defenseless.

"You thought you were in control? I was twelve steps ahead of you!" smiled Isaac.

"Oh, that's not good.” stated Sunset as she saw that Golden had fallen for Isaac's trap.

“…I end my turn,” said Golden.

Turn 4: Isaac - Hand: 3

"It's my move! And I'll start by activating the Field Spell, Magician Salvation!" stated Isaac as the entire field around him and Golden changed. The pair were now on a cosmic playing field as everybody watched from behind the veil.


Magician Salvation
Field Spell Card
Effect: When this card is activated: You can Set 1 "Eternal Soul" directly from your Deck. If you Normal or Special Summon "Dark Magician" or "Dark Magician Girl" (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 of those monsters; Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" or "Dark Magician Girl" from your GY, with a different name than that monster. You can only use this effect of "Magician's Salvation" once per turn. You can only activate 1 "Magician's Salvation" per turn.


"Thanks to this Field Spell, I can set one 'Eternal Soul' from my deck." The card slid out from his deck as he grabbed it, and it appeared face-down in front of him.


Eternal Soul
Continuous Trap Card
Effect: Every "Dark Magician" in your Monster Zone is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. If this face-up card leaves the field: Destroy all monsters you control. You can only use the following effect of "Eternal Soul" once per turn. You can activate 1 of these effects;
●Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" from your hand or GY.
●Add 1 "Dark Magic Attack" or "Thousand Knives" from your Deck to your hand.


"Now, I activate my Chocolate Magician Girl's ability. So by sending one Spellcaster in my hand to the Graveyard, I can draw a different card to replace it!" stated Isaac as he sent away one of the cards he was holding before he drew. "Now, Dark Magician, attack!"

"You're not the only one who thought ahead! I reveal my face-down, Battle Chip - FullCust! With this card, since I control an '.EXE' monster, I can end your turn altogether!" stated Golden Flare as Isaac's monster stopped dead in its tracks.

"Like that's supposed to scare me. Go ahead and take your turn!" stated Isaac.

Turn 5: Golden Flare - Hand: 5

"Gladly. It’s my move! I draw!" said the boy as he drew his card and looked at his hand. "I'll begin by using my two Pendulum cards, Scale 1 GutsMan.EXE and Scale 8 JunkMan.EXE!" Golden placed both cards on the far end of this tray with the word PENDULUM spelled out between them to signal that it worked. The two monsters rose in columns of light as their respective numbers appeared in front of them.

"Now that I have my Pendulum Scale all set up, I can summon monsters from Level 2 through 7. Next, I'll summon MegaMan.EXE (1900/1500)!" A blue and yellow armored man with a strange symbol on his chest appeared on the field, sporting a blaster where one of his hands should be. "MegaMan, take out his Chocolate Magician Girl! Mega Buster!" Golden Flare's monster aimed his blaster at his target, and it was taken out in one shot (Isaac: 6,900 - 300 = 6,600 LP).

"I end my turn." stated Golden.

Turn 6: Isaac - Hand: 2

"Now you're just getting desperate," said Isaac as he drew, "Dark Magician, attack his MegaMan!" The wizard heard the command of his master as he aimed his staff and fired a spell that took out Golden's monster (Golden Flare: 8,000 - 600 = 7,400 LP).

"I end my turn."

Turn 7: Golden Flare - Hand: 3

"My move," stated Golden as he drew his card. "I summon AquaMan.EXE (1200/1600) in Defense Mode." A small blue robot with two antennas appeared, "I set one card face-down and end my turn."

Turn 8: Isaac - Hand: 3

"Run out of moves to make? Don't worry, I'm about to put you out of your misery!" stated Isaac as he drew, "Dark Magician, get rid of his puny little monster!"

"My ‘puny little monster’ has a special ability. By discarding a 'Battle Chip' Spell from my hand, my monster can avoid being destroyed!" declared Golden as he sent away one of his cards; his monster managed to survive the attack from Isaac's magician.

"You think you're smart? You may have saved your monster from being destroyed, but I see what's really going on! It just costs you one of your cards, and just based on your last few moves, you don't have anything that's a serious threat to me." stated Isaac. Golden didn't answer as he looked away with a “Tch”, which his opponent saw, and smiled.

"Meanwhile, I've got tons of support to work with. Check this out! I play Swords of Revealing Light!" shouted Isaac, holding his card up high. From the heavens came three giant light swords that embedded themselves onto Golden's side of the field. "Thanks to this, you can't attack for three turns."

"Ah, no! That's not good!" said Applejack as their friend was in a bind.

"Golden may have started strong, but it cost him some of his best cards early on. Now Isaac, who's been patient and willing to take some damage early on, is in command and just rendered Golden from attacking." stated Sunset.

"I end my turn. Let's see if you can do anything!" taunted Isaac.

Turn 9: Golden Flare - Hand: 1

"Oh, I’ll do more than that. It's my turn. I draw. And thanks to my AquaMan's ability, I can add a 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell card to my hand during my Standby Phase. So I'll take this one, Battle Chip - Barr200!" said the boy as his card slid out for him to grab with his deck being auto-shuffled after that. “And following that, I'll sacrifice my AquaMan to Tribute Summon my FireMan.EXE (2100/1500)!" The small blue robot burst into flames as the water evaporated and revealed a warrior with a red color scheme and a torch for a head, with his flamethrowers where his fists should be bursting with flames. "I'll then equip my Battle Chip - Barr200 onto my FireMan. Then I'll activate FireMan's special ability, I can target one monster you control, and you take damage equal to half its Attack Points!" Golden's monster fired a stream of flames as it headed toward Isaac, who blocked it with his Duel Disk; the boy could feel the heat of the flames as they soon ended (Isaac: 6,600 - 1,250 = 5,350 LP).

"Pff," scoffed Isaac.

"What?!" said Golden.

"Here I thought you were the best Duelist. Yet, all you've done is chip my Life Points away instead of outright attacking!"

"It's working, isn’t it?!" retorted Golden as he was in the lead because of all the chip damage he was doing.

"Where I come from, you take somebody down like a true Duelist."

"Really? Because last time I checked, where you come from is a school full of students with more money than brains or talent! I'll end my turn!" taunted Golden, who tried not to let Isaac's words get to him and also ticked off the Crystal Prep students in the stands further (Swords of Revealing Light: 0 + 1 = 1 Turn Since Activation).

Turn 10: Isaac - Hand: 3

"My turn, and I'll play the Spell card, Graceful Charity. So I draw three cards and discard two," stated Isaac as he drew and selected the cards to get rid of, "Next, I play my Magic Formula to raise my Dark Magician's Attack Points by 700 (Dark Magician: ATK 2500 + 700 = 3200)!"


Magic Formula
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Equip only to "Dark Magician" or "Dark Magician Girl". It gains 700 ATK. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: Gain 1000 LP.


"And now...Dark Magician, attack his FireMan!"

"Thanks to my FireMan having BattleChip - Barr200 equipped, it can avoid being destroyed in battle!" stated Golden.

"But you still take damage!" declared Isaac as his attack still made contact and hit Golden (Golden Flare: 7,400 - 1,100 = 6,300 LP).

"My Equip Spell may be destroyed, but you take 200 points of damage!" stated Golden as he chipped away some more of Isaac's Life Points (Isaac: 5,350 - 200 = 5,150 LP).

"You gonna face me like a man?!" shouted Isaac.

Turn 10: Golden Flare - Hand: 1

"Ah, bite me!" growled Golden as he drew, "Now, because of my FireMan's ability, I can add a 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell to my hand during my Standby Phase! So I'll add my Battle Chip - FireSwrd!" stated the boy as he drew.

"Now..."

Golden suddenly found himself stopping from what he was about to say. The boy looked over at Isaac as he stared down his opponent with a cool, calm look. It seemed the look from his rival affected Golden as he recalled the words he heard from Isaac.

What are you doing? Activate FireMan's ability and deal him damage again!

"No," said Golden to himself, "This whole match, my goal was, not only to help my friends win, but also to prove to everybody that I'm the best. And...to be the best...you have to beat the best!" stated the boy as he stared back at his foe, "Isaac's right. Chipping him down is no way to win. I've never taken the easy road before…and I won't start now!"

"What's Golden doing? Even if he can't attack, he can still damage Isaac's Life Points thanks to his FireMan's ability!" said Rainbow as she was confused why the boy didn't do that.

"Yeah, but...who wants that?" said Sunset.

"Are you kidding? Damage is damage. And a win is still a win!" stated Rainbow as she responded to her friend.

"We know, Dash. But keep in mind, when it comes to a Duel, the plan you initially start with changes." said Applejack.

"Sure, I know it looks like Golden is letting Isaac off the hook by not chipping at his Life Points. Even pitying him. But that's not the case at all." Sunset tries to explain.

"Then what is it?!” shouted Rainbow at her bacon-haired friend.

"Winning isn't about some technicality. It's taking down your opponent like a true Duelist. That's why Golden has decided not to activate his monster's ability. Sure, he wants to win; we all do, but we want to truly win. That's what separates us from Crystal Prep. They may want to win at all costs, but for us, winning is doing your best and saying you won due to your own skills." said Sunset with a smile.

"I...guess you’re right." said Rainbow as she understood what Sunset said, and the others smiled.

"Alright, Isaac. If I'm gonna beat you, I'm gonna beat you my own way, without the coward’s way out!" declared Golden.

"Yeah, then go for it!" smiled Isaac.

"Alright, I'll activate the Pendulum ability of my GutsMan! If there's a '.EXE' monster in my other Pendulum Zone, I can add a 'Battle Chip' Spell to my hand. Then I'll also activate my JunkMan's Pendulum ability. It lets me add a 'Battle Chip' Trap to my hand!" Golden's two cards slid out to grab as he looked at his opponent.

"I'll end my turn for now!" (Swords of Revealing Light: 1 + 1 = 2 Turns Since Activation)

Turn 11: Isaac - Hand: 3

"Now we're talking!" said Isaac as he drew his card and looked at it. "And it seems this Duel is telling us something. I play my Card of Sanctity! Now we draw till we're holding six cards in our hands!"

"Fine by me! I'll take free cards any time!" said Golden with a smile.

Both boys drew as they replenished their hands.

"Now, Dark Magician, attack his FireMan!"

"I reveal my face-down. Battle Chip - Mine!" stated Golden. "Since you declared an attack, I can not only negate it. But your monster is destroyed!" An explosion occurred as Isaac's magician was gone.

"He may be gone, but I reveal my face-down, Eternal Soul. Thanks to this Trap, my Dark Magician gets to come back."

"Not quite! Cause I activate the Pendulum ability of my JunkMan. Whenever you activate a Trap Card, I can negate and destroy it!" said Golden as he stopped Isaac's attempt to bring back his monster.

"This could be a problem," muttered Isaac as he saw his card disappear, "When Magic Formula was destroyed, I gained 1,000 Life Points!" Isaac felt his Life Points replenished themselves (Isaac: 5,150 + 1,000 = 6,150 LP), "Next, I summon Apple Magician Girl (1200/800)!" A flying apple appeared before it vanished, revealing another female magician as she took her position before her master. "Alright, if you and your monsters are so tough, let's see if you can take her down!" declared Isaac as he set a card and ended his turn.

Turn 12: Golden Flare - Hand: 6

"You fight me with fruit girls? Don't insult me! I draw!” said Golden toward his opponent. "Now, FireMan's ability allows me to get another 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell. And following that, I'll activate the Pendulum ability of my GutsMan to add another Spell to my hand." Golden grabbed the cards he requested, as he now had some options, "First, it's time I get rid of your Swords of Revealing Light. I play Mystical Space Typhoon!" A giant wind blew over the field, sweeping away the shining light swords. "Now that I'm free to attack, I'll equip my FireMan with Battle Chip - FireSwrd to raise his attack by 1,000!" A flaming sword attached itself to Golden's monster as its strength rose (FireMan.EXE: ATK 2100 + 1000 = 3100).

"Then I summon my ProtoMan.EXE (1900/1700). And equip him with Battle Chip - AquaSwrd to give him 1,000 extra Attack Points AND make him a WATER-Attribute monster!" stated Golden. A red warrior appeared wielding a sword as he traded his old weapon for a new one with water as the blade to boost his strength (ProtoMan.EXE: ATK 1900 + 1000 = 2900) and change his element (ProtoMan.EXE: LIGHT > WATER).

"Now, FireMan, attack his Apple Magician Girl!" said the boy.

"Thanks, because when Apple Magician Girl is attacked, she can bring out her friend! And this friend's bound to leave a sour taste in your mouth. She's Lemon Magician Girl (800/600) in Defense Mode! And your monster's attack is diverted to her! But that's not all; she cuts the strength of your Attack Points in half! Try making lemonade out of that!" shouted Isaac.

Apple Magician Girl cast a spell that caused a giant lemon to appear in her hands, and when the spell was finished, it started to be surrounded by a white light as the fruit opened up and revealed Isaac's second monster. She looked at her friend and her master before giving them a nod and jumped in front of the attack, and pointed her wand at Golden's monster as it drained it of its attack and power (FireMan.EXE: ATK 3100 ÷ 2 = 1550).

"There's more. Like Apple Magician Girl, Lemon Magician Girl also calls up her friend! The one and only, Dark Magician Girl (2000/1700)!" Isaac summoned his second-best Spellcaster; she then jumped in front of her fellow magicians as she was now the new target of Golden's monster. "Zap away FireMan's Attack Points!" Isaac's Dark Magician Girl then fired a blast from her wand, which reduced Golden's monster even more (FireMan.EXE: ATK 1550 ÷ 2 = 775) and was destroyed by Isaac's Spellcaster counteracting (Golden Flare: 6,300 - 1,225 = 5,075 LP). Once her target was destroyed, Dark Magician Girl floated before Isaac, smiling at him.

"Looks like that scoreboard is looking a little bit more even, in fact, I’m the one higher in Life Points this time!" taunted Isaac at how he and Golden only had a small difference in Life Points and how he caught up in just one move.

"Now you're just trying to bug me," responded Golden nonchalantly, then changed his demeanor and said, "But it’s working! ProtoMan.EXE, attack Lemon Magician Girl. And since it has a Spell equipped, it can inflict piercing damage!"

"I activate my Trap! Magicians' Defense! The damage I take is cut in half!" said Isaac as his face-down flipped up and put a barrier around him. Golden's ProtoMan struck down his female Spellcaster (Isaac: 6,150 - 1,150 = 5,000 LP).


Magicians' Defense
Continuous Trap Card
Effect: While you control a Spellcaster-Type monster, any damage you take is halved. (You cannot halve the same damage twice this way.) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.


"I end my turn with a face-down. You're up!" stated Golden.

Turn 13: Isaac - Hand: 2

"My turn, and I'll begin by playing Pot of Greed which allows me to draw two cards. Next, I'll set one card face-down and end my turn!"

Turn 14: Golden Flare - Hand: 4

"I guess you got no moves left to make. I draw! First, I add a 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell during my Standby Phase." stated Golden as he added two cards to his hand. "Next, I'll summon my NormalNavi.EXE (1000/1000)." A small green robot appeared on the boy's field.

"Then I'll play Monster Reborn; with it, I'll bring back my MegaMan.EXE!" Golden's other prime monster appeared as he had his arm cannon aimed at Isaac's field (1900/1500). "Then I'm equipping him with Battle Chip - RollAro2 to give him 800 more Attack Points (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 1900 + 800 = 2700)! Now...MegaMan, take out his Apple Magician Girl!" The blue warrior aimed his cannon, which morphed into a pink energy bow, and fired his shot as it took out Isaac's magician.

"Since I still have my Magicians' Defense, the damage I take is cut in half!" declared Isaac as he braced himself when the attack made contact (Isaac: 5,000 - 750 = 4,250 LP).

"Now my Apple Magician Girl's ability activates. Since you destroyed her, she allows me to add three different 'Magician Girls' from my Graveyard to my hand. So I'm taking Lemon, Chocolate, and Berry Magician Girl!" stated Isaac as his three monsters hovered behind him before turning into white lights and his hand.

"Too bad your Trap doesn't work a second time. ProtoMan, get rid of his Dark Magician Girl for good this time!" said Golden.

"You'll have to find her first! Reveal, Magical Hats!" Isaac's card flipped up as four hats with question marks appeared and covered his female Spellcaster before they shuffled and spread out in a row.

"Not this card…" muttered Golden.

"Take your best shot!" taunted Isaac.

"I'm not intimidated by your cheap carnival tricks! ProtoMan, attack the hat on the far right!" Golden gave his monster his orders as he slashed down on the hat, resulting in a veil of smoke. It blocked everyone's vision as when it died down, the three hats remained.

"Looks like you missed." smiled Isaac.

"Lucky break. But come the next turn, your little gal pal won't have anywhere left to hide. I end my turn." stated Golden.

Turn 15: Isaac - Hand: 6

"It's my turn, and I'll begin by playing the Spell, Pot of Duality."


Pot of Duality
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, also, after that, shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Duality" per turn. You cannot Special Summon during the turn you activate this card.


"So I excavate the top three cards of my deck and add one to my hand while the rest are shuffled back into my deck." Isaac quickly drew and picked up the cards; he looked at them before taking the second one and placing the other two back on top as the auto-shuffler kicked in. "I'll set two cards face-down and end my turn."

Turn 16: Golden Flare - Hand: 3

"It's my move! Draw! And first, I add a 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell to my hand." stated Golden. He took the Spell he wanted when something clicked in his mind when he went to draw. He looked at the card he drew as it was a familiar one from his past.

Oh, no! Not this one!

You know what you have to do! Play it! Use the Dark Chip!!

No!

The boy shook his head to eliminate the evil thoughts in his mind. "I'll now have my ProtoMan attack the hat in the middle!" The red warrior leaped up and came down with a slash but found the hat empty.

"Only two left. That gives me a 50-50 shot. MegaMan, the hat on the left!" said Golden as his monster aimed his cannon and fired his shot.

"You guessed right…" responded Isaac as he gritted his teeth.

"Yes!" said Rainbow as she was ecstatic.

"But..." snickered Isaac.

"Here it comes!" said Applejack.

"I reveal Magical Cylinders! With the power of this Trap, I can set 'Magic Cylinder' directly from my deck. And by doing that, I can now activate it!" said Isaac as two cylinders burst out of the hat that Golden's monster targeted.

Dark Magician Girl was shown with her wand pointed outward as the first cylinder absorbed the attack. The second cylinder shot out, as the attack was redirected right back at the teen.

"Oh, and by the way, by banishing my Magicial Cylinders, I can double the damage you're taking!" smiled Isaac.

Golden's eyes widened after hearing that, “Reveal Trap card: Damage Diet! All damage I take this turn is halved!” He was then met with half of the full blast of his own monster's attack that sent him off his feet and onto the ground. The attack was still painful and dealt a certain amount of damage to him (Golden Flare: 5,075 - 2,700 = 2,375 LP).

"And just like that, Crystal Prep's Isaac manages to dwindle Golden Flare's Life Points, but Golden himself was still able to prevent his defeat!" shouted Luna.

"Excellent! Do yourself a favor, boy, and stop squirming!" snickered Cinch at seeing how the boy she despised was knocked off his feet but now in somewhat critical condition.

"That's not good," said Rainbow.

Golden was getting to his feet as he saw how many Life Points he had. He had a ton before and now only had so many left to spare after Isaac's move. The anger started to boil inside him as he eyed the boy, but in his mind, he felt him laughing at him.

"I play the Spell, Double Attack! By discarding MetalMan.EXE, my monster can attack again! ProtoMan, eliminate his—“ growled Golden as he got to his feet, but stopped as he realized that his darkness was gaining ground within him.

No…what am I doing? This is exactly what happened when I Dueled Lemon Zest; my exact mindset, to crush my opponent and not caring about what came after!

Who cares?! This wretch is making a mockery of you AND your school! Knock him off his high horse! Show him and Crystal Prep your true power! Show them the meaning of despair!!

As Golden’s internal war was raging within him, he began to recall a talk he had with his boss; the very man who gave him his “.EXE” deck.

(stop SFX)

“Golden boy?”

“Yes, boss?”

“Please, don’t be so formal, it’s just us, after all. Call me Pegasus.”

“Um…okay, Mr. Pegasus.”

“No ‘mister’. Just Pegasus shall suffice.”

“Okay then.”

“Listen, remember when I told you that those cards chose you to wield them? The ‘.EXE’ monsters?”

“Yes…?”

“Pay close attention, this is vital information.”

Golden nodded in silence.

“Light and dark exist in balance with that deck, and there are those who would abuse such a neutral power. Much like the Evil HEROES and the Advanced Crystal Beasts.”

Golden looked at the cards in his Duel Pad as the memory continued.

“It is for this reason that I’ve developed a certain…trick.”

Golden saw that his Main Deck and Extra Deck shined with the powers of light and darkness.

“That if anyone utilized the light and darkness within that deck, they would be forever lost in the throes of Order and Chaos, none ever able to use its true power…”

Golden’s eyes widened as he finally realized what he meant.

“…None, Golden boy…except you.”

Golden smiled with confidence, “…Now I get it.”

Isaac looked confused, “Huh?”

“ProtoMan, attack Dark Magician Girl!” Golden’s monster destroyed Isaac’s feminine magician (Isaac: 4,250 - 450 = 3,800 LP).

"You were right. About me, I mean. I was acting like a coward. I fought like one, too. But no more. I’ll send my ProtoMan and MegaMan back to my deck to Fusion Summon without Polymerization! Go, Chaos Unison Fusion!" shouted Golden. His two warriors leaped into the air as they began to combine, as the weapons attached to them disappeared.

“Chaos what?!” Both Isaac and Cinch shouted in surprise.

"With the warrior of blue and the warrior of red, I call upon the mightiest net-warrior in the Cyber World, who brings Order within Chaos! I Fusion Summon! Level 8! MegaMan.EXE - Proto Chaos Soul!" A purple warrior with yellow appeared as on his right arm was a sword while above his left wrist was a blaster.


MegaMan.EXE - Proto Chaos Soul
Attribute: DARK
Level: 8
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 3300
DEF: 2700
Effect: "MegaMan.EXE" + "ProtoMan.EXE"
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When this card attacks an opponent's Defense Position monster: Inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. Once per turn, if this card destroys a monster by battle: This card can attack again.


"Light and dark, hand in hand…as it should’ve been from the very beginning!" Golden declared as he felt the darkness in his mind slowly ebb away, merging with the light.

No! NO!! YOU NEED ME!!!

Turn 17: Isaac - Hand: 4

"It's my move," said Isaac as he looked at his hand.

At that moment, a voice began to speak to him.

You know what you have to do, right?

"Yeah, but first..." said the boy to the voice as he looked at Golden in his newfound confident state and then eyed his field. "I need to clear the way for you."

Do what you must do. You have my trust.

"I'll start by playing Upstart Goblin. So by giving you 1,000 Life Points, I can draw a card (Golden Flare: 775 + 1,000 = 1,775 LP)!"

"You’re giving me a thousand points in exchange for one card? What are you up to now?" Golden asked.

Isaac merely looked at the card he drew out of the corner of his eye as he smiled.

"You'll see. For now, I summon my Chocolate Magician Girl (1600/1000). Then activate her ability so that I send my Berry Magician Girl in my hand to the grave to draw another card. And with that...I end my turn."


While everybody was focused on the Duel between the boys, nobody knew what was happening on the other side of the school. Indigo and Twilight were in an intense Duel of their own. The former had scuff marks along her skin and clothes as she breathed hard (Indigo Zap: 1,700 LP). Meanwhile, Twilight stood there with a wicked smile on her face. The girl was in the lead on Life Points (Twilight Sparkle: 2,600 LP) as she had her monster, World of Prophecy (2900/2400).

On Indigo's side, the girl was in the middle of her turn and was setting herself up for what was about to come.

"Get ready, nerd! ‘Cause I now Overlay both of my monsters!" shouted Indigo as her two monsters transformed into orbs of light and hovered. A galaxy portal opened before her as the orbs were sucked in, and a pillar of light emerged. The number 39 showed on her left collarbone as it lit up and affected the girl's mind.

"With my monsters combined, I call upon He who brings life to humanity! I Xyz Summon! Rank 4! Number 39: Izanagi!" shouted the teen. Out came her Barian Number as its yellow eyes glowed, its black and metal outfit made it appear quite menacing before quickly slashing the air in front of itself as it wielded a bladed, spear-like weapon in a battle stance.


Number 39: Izanagi
Attribute: LIGHT
Rank: 4
Type: Warrior/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2000
Effect: 2 Level 4 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.


"I activate Izanagi's special ability; I can destroy one of your monsters using one Overlay Unit (Number 39: Izanagi: OLU 2 - 1 = 1)!"

Indigo's monster quickly disappeared as it reappeared before Twilight's monster. A slash was heard before it zoomed past Twilight's monster and stood a few meters away. It then raised its free hand to the sky and behind it, a lightning bolt struck Twilight's monster's upper half and it fell as it exploded.

"Now, attack her!" yelled Indigo, her eyes shining even brighter.

Her electricity-wielding warrior quickly took off as it slashed at the bookworm, who didn't flinch as she lost Life Points (Twilight Sparkle: 2,600 - 2,500 = 100 LP).

"It's over, nerd!" stated Indigo.

"It's over...when I say it's over!!" stated Twilight as her eyes glowed as she drew her card. "Now, I play Monster Reborn to bring back my High Priestess of Prophecy. Then I summon my Hermit of Prophecy." Out emerged a beautiful woman with red hair and a revealing outfit as she crossed her legs and had a book appear in her lap. Next to her was her servant, as it was an elderly wizard with white hair and a wooden staff along with a pointy hat.

"Next, I'll play Spellbook of Secrets to retrieve any 'Spellbook' I desire." As Twilight did that, her Hermit's staff began to glow. "Then I'll play Spellbook of Eternity to retrieve one of my banished 'Spellbooks' and add it to my hand."

"Why's your monster's staff glowing?" asked Indigo.

"Because Hermit's ability is that it gains 2 Levels and 300 Attack Points whenever I play a ‘Spellbook’ card. And since I played two, its Level goes from 3 to 7. And now...I have all that I need. I Overlay both of my monsters!" stated the girl as her voice was affected by the darkness taking over.

The girl's monsters turned into orbs as they hovered into the air with a galaxy portal opening before her. The orbs were sucked in as a pillar of light emerged; the number 66 glowed brightly on Twilight's hand. However, it did more as the girl felt her mind being taken over by the number and the darkness it held to grant her desires.

"With the woman of purity and the prophet loner, I unleash the most powerful Deadly Sin of them all! I Xyz Summon! Rank 7! Emerge, Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath!" From the pillar of light, came a fully armored, yet savage-looking, woman-ish humanoid, wielding a massive sword in her left hand while her right forearm was a Gatling gun/missile launcher.


Number 66: Embodiment of Wrath
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 7
Type: Fiend/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 3200
DEF: 1600
Effect: 2 Level 7 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: This card can inflict piercing battle damage to an opponent's monster until the End Phase.


"Your monster won't last long because I'm activating Izanagi's ability, so I remove its last Xyz Material, and your new monster is gone (Number 39: Izanagi: OLU: 1 - 1 = 0)!" stated Indigo.

"No, you won't!!!" shouted Twilight as her voice was inflicted with the darkness. "Nothing will stop me!" The girl held a card high up as it shined with a bright light that blinded the entire field.


Turn 18: Golden Flare - Hand: 5

"My move!" said Golden. "Now, Proto Chaos Soul, take out his Chocolate Magician Girl!" said the boy as he had his monster lunged forward.

"I now activate my Chocolate Magician Girl's special ability. When she's targeted for an attack, I can summon one Spellcaster in my Graveyard and summon it. So...rise, Dark Magician!" shouted Isaac as his ace monster reappeared (2500/2100). "And now not only is your attack redirected at him, but your monster's attack points are cut in half (MegaMan.EXE - Proto Chaos Soul: ATK 3300 ÷ 2 = 1650)!"

"Keep it together…from my hand, I activate the Quick-play Spell, Dark Chip - DrkInvis! Since I control a '.EXE' monster, I can Special Summon a special Xyz Monster. With the dark power within an evil chip, I call upon the darkened warrior of blue! I Xyz Summon! Make way for MegaMan.EXE - Dark Soul (2900/2600/OLU: 0)!" shouted Golden. The warrior appeared as it was covered from head to toe in black armor; darkness followed it as the only shred of light was the sword it carried. It glanced at Isaac and his monsters as it glared at its enemies in absolute hatred.

"Your monster is still destroyed!" retorted Isaac as his magician pushed back Golden's monster and took it out (Golden Flare: 1,775 - 850 = 925 LP).

"Just give up," stated Isaac.

"No! My friends need me!" yelled Golden.

"Then you leave me no choice. Now my Field Spell activates; since I summoned my Dark Magician, I can also bring back my Dark Magician Girl!"

"Sorry, not happening! Because my GutsMan's Pendulum ability will negate and destroy that Spell!" said Golden as he didn't let Isaac bring back his female Spellcaster. "Your girlfriend isn't coming back this time. Besides, I'm far from done. I summoned my monster in the middle of battle, which means it can attack. And you can't use your Chocolate Magician Girl's ability anymore. So, take her down, Dark Soul!” commanded Golden as his new monster brought its sword down on the helpless girl. Compared to the other attacks, Isaac felt the pain of his monster as he clutched his side.

"My Trap..."

"No chance, JunkMan's Pendulum ability will also get rid of that. I'm making sure you know what happens when you toy with my friends!" yelled Golden as he wanted to teach Isaac a lesson with his new strength. It worked as Isaac's Magicians' Defense Trap card was gone, and took the full brunt of Dark Soul’s attack (Isaac: 3,800 - 1,300 = 2,500 LP).

"Don’t lose control…keep it together a little longer…I now play this, Dark Chip - DrkLance!"


Dark Chip - DrkLance
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Can only be used when you control a ".EXE" monster. If your opponent controls a monster: Halve your opponent's LP, then decrease your LP by 500.


"Since you control a monster, this Spell cuts your Life Points in half!" Golden explained just as a dark purple bamboo shoot lance appeared behind Isaac and pierced through his back, making him fall to both knees and clutched his midsection (Isaac: 2,500 ÷ 2 = 1,250 LP).

"And now as a penalty, I take 500 points of damage!" stated Golden as he tried to ignore the dark shock he received from his card (Golden Flare: 925 - 500 = 425 LP).

"Why would he do that?" wondered Rainbow.

"He's not himself," muttered Sunset as she saw something was weird about their comrade.

“No…I think he’s just accepting it…” Pinkie said, confusing the others.

Golden was breathing heavily as he stared down Isaac as if he wanted him to understand, to understand that it didn’t need to be this way. As he got up, the boy slowly pushed through the pain but still felt the effects of Golden's assault.

"You ready to call it quits? Or at least apologize to Sunset?” Golden asked with a tired voice.

"Yeah...not gonna happen," retorted Isaac. "Because you destroyed my Magicians' Defense, I can bring back a Spellcaster from my deck. So my Dark Magician Girl is back in play. Then...because I activated a Trap Card's effect, I can also summon from my hand, Magician of Dark Illusion (2100/2500)." The boy now had two more monsters appear as they all stood before their master to protect him with their life.

Golden sighed, "Fine then…since I control a '.EXE' Xyz Monster, I can summon a different monster from my Extra Deck using that monster as an Xyz Material. So Dark Soul, make way for another warrior! Go, Chaos Xyz Evolution! With the power of darkness, I call upon the one who rules over the Undernet! I Xyz Summon, Number 64: Bass.EXE (3000/2500, OLU: 1)!" shouted Golden as his monster turned into an orb of light and hovered in the air as a portal opened up before him. The orb then entered the portal as it exploded with dark energy. A warrior was shown in black, red, and bits of yellow as it held dark energy in its hand.

It's here!

The voice in Isaac's head, and he looked at Golden's number as the warrior stared at his foe.

"Shame. Damn shame. I was hoping we could resolve this peacefully, but you won’t stop following that tyrant you call a principal.” stated Golden, regretfully.


In the crowd of CHS students, staff, and faculty, Arctic Ace and Sonata Dusk were among them and watching the entire Duel unfold, Sonata more than Ace for good reason.

"Something wrong, Sonata?" Ace asked, "You look like you're really into this Duel."

Sonata seemed to have snapped out of a trance, shaking her head slightly as she addressed Ace, "No, no, I'm okay. It's just...that boy, Gold something..."

"Golden Flare?"

"Yeah, that's it!"

"Okay, what about him? Is he trouble?"

"No, it's..." Sonata had a brief flashback of a boy she and her sisters met in a desert town in Ancient Egypt, with long-ish silver hair, deep tan, and wearing robes as he chiseled Egyptian hieroglyphs on the walls within the Pharaoh's palace, "...He reminds me of someone that I used to know...a long time ago."


Turn 19: Isaac - Hand: 2

"Get up!" shouted Cinch as she couldn't believe Golden was so close to winning. Everything rode on Isaac to put the arrogant kid who mocked her in his place, but she needed her chosen champion to rise.

Isaac found the will to stand up as he looked at his opponent and monster.

"Alright...let's end this with a bang!" stated Isaac.

I'm at your command, my Master!

"Here we...go!" yelled Isaac as he drew his card with a flourish. "I play Spell Shattering Arrow. Now I destroy every Spell card you control, and you take 500 points of damage for each one. And your Pendulum cards count as Spells!"

"He's done it!" smiled Cinch.

"What happened to him preaching about beating someone with force and taking the cheap way out!?!" shouted Rainbow as she felt Isaac was a hypocrite for winning the way he would.

"And here I thought you practiced what you preached…GutsMan, negate and destroy that Spell!" Golden said as GutsMan snatched the arrow out of the air and snapped it in half to avoid losing.

"I do. Which is why I baited you," smiled Isaac.

"What?"

"I play the Spell card, Dark Magic Attack! Now since I control Dark Magician, I can destroy every Spell and Trap card on your side of the field!"

"You...set me up," gasped Golden as Isaac outwitted him.

"Game...Set...Match!" smiled Cinch.

With a spin of his staff, Dark Magician thrust his staff out and fired a concentrated ball of dark energy that exploded on Golden's side of the field. The boy looked away as his face-down and two Pendulum cards in his Pendulum Zones were gone.

"Now...I Overlay my Dark Magician and Magician of Dark Illusion to build the Overlay Network!" said Isaac as his two magicians turned into orbs of light as a galaxy portal opened in front of him. Both orbs were sucked in as a pillar of light emerged. "With the two magicians from the dark, I bring forth a being that can force her brethren to their knees! I Xyz Summon, Number 30: Temptress Crespusculum!" The number appeared on the back of Isaac's right hand as it glowed and surrounded him in a yellow aura. A sorceress with long, flowing red hair and a vanilla skin tone appeared. She wore an emerald necklace with matching earrings and white gloves covering her smooth hands; her outfit consisted of a light blue dress that stopped at her knees and black booted heels.


Number 30: Temptress Crespusculum
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 7
Type: Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 3000
DEF: 2900
Effect: 2 Level 7 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Detach all Xyz Materials from every Xyz Monster your opponent's controls, then attach those Xyz Materials to this card, and if you do; increase the ATK of this monster by 500 for each Xyz Material attached this way, also this card can attack as many more times as the number of Xyz Materials attached.


"He does have a Number card!" smiled Golden at seeing his rival wielding one as he sensed it the moment they met.

"So this guy not only knows how to do all the summoning methods, but he also has a number card?!" said Rainbow, looking at the magician on Isaac's field.

"He saved his trump card for last," said Applejack.

"But where did he get it?" wondered Sunset.

Golden kept eyeing Isaac and his new monster as he noticed something off.

"That’s weird...you're different than any other Barian Number user I've faced," stated Golden; upon closer inspection, he could see that it wasn't the Number in charge as Isaac was still in control of his mind and actions. The number still glowed on the back of his hand. "Tell me...how are you doing that? Staying in control of yourself?"

"Figure it out yourself!" retorted Isaac. "Now...I activate my Temptress' ability! Using one Overlay Unit, my magician can eliminate all of your Xyz monster's Overlay Units!"

"What?!" said Golden, as he didn't expect that.

Number 30 spun her wand before aiming it toward the sky. She began to speak and chant a spell as a portal above Bass appeared. A cosmic hand emerged as another portal opened, and another hand snuck up from behind. It grabbed and held Bass as the other hand took the Xyz Material, circling it before it retracted and disappeared (Number 64: Bass.EXE: OLU 1 - 1 = 0). The hand holding Bass also disappeared; a portal opened up, and the hand holding the Xyz Material gave it to the woman as she held it before absorbing its power (Number 30: Temptress Crespusculum: OLU 2 + 1 = 3).

"What did you do to my monster? What are you up to now?" Golden wanted to know.

"It's simple. When the Xyz Material you have gets lost, it gets added to my monster. And not only that, for each Xyz Material that she steals, her attack not only raises by 500, but it gains an additional attack that number of times!" said Isaac as his Temptress increased in strength (Number 30: Temptress Crespusculum: ATK 3000 + 500 = 3500).

"So...your Number can..."

"She’s the perfect defense against any other Number monster. The Number Counter, if you will!" said Isaac as his Number card was vastly unique and different from all the others.

"A monster specifically designed to counter other Numbers? Wow," said Sunset as she was amazed to hear that. Based on all their past experiences with Number cards, they were all hell-bent on destruction. But the one Isaac had in his possession was different.

"It's over! Temptress, finish this Duel! Attack his Bass.EXE!" commanded Isaac.

Temptress had her wand changed into a bow as a quiver of arrows appeared on her back. The magician reached back into her quiver and pulled one out. She loaded the arrow into the bow and pulled back on the string as it and the arrow were bathed in white light. The sorceress closed one eye and aimed it at her target.

"Sorry guys…guess I just wasn’t good enough…" said Golden, as he had no moves left to save him, “Not bad, Isaac…” and yet Golden smiled at his worthy opponent, “…Not bad at all.”

"Fire!" yelled Isaac.

The magician smiled as she opened her eye and released. The bow traveled through the air as it approached Golden and his monster. Everything moved in slow motion as all of Canterlot High leaned forward, with some looking away as the result was already determined. Golden was in acceptance at the arrow heading toward him. Just as it was...

The ground before them began to shake and some cracks began to open. Everybody felt the sudden shockwave as Isaac and Golden fell to their hands and knees.

//Error…Error…Error…Duel mode…shutdowwwwwnnnn…// said the A.I. as their Duel abruptly ended.

"What the?" said both boys, shocked to see that the duel was called off just as Isaac's attack was about to connect.

"What's going on here?!" said Celestia as she got up.

"I'm not sure," stated Luna.

Soon a pillar of purple light was shown coming from the front of the school. Everybody saw it as it shot toward the clouds above, creating a hole in the sky. Soon it disappeared. Just then, the crack between Golden and Isaac began to open up even more as they backed up. Emerging from it was a figure as everybody looked at it.

"What now?" said Golden as he looked at the figure.

Out came a demon that had purple hair with a pink streak in it; its eyes were dark purple, as well as its skin. It also had a pair of wings on its back, a horn coming out of its forehead, a tail, and a mask made of fire. Despite these strange features, there was no doubt about who it was.

"Is that..." started off Sunset.

"Twilight?" said Isaac as he looked at the demon, his friend.

"So sorry! But Twilight Sparkle can't answer the phone right now! In fact, she won't at all! Because she's dead! Now...there is only Midnight!" said the demon. The demon had the numbers 66 and 39 glow on her body as they, along with the darkness, were influencing her.

Everybody was in awe at what they saw. A few were running away in terror as everybody else looked on to see the young girl as she was looking to bring destruction and chaos to this world.

"What do we do now?" Golden asked no one in particular, only wondering how to get out of this newest mess.