• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,265 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,265

Chapter 1: The Golden New Student (By Golden Flare)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (Original Character), The Rainbooms, and Trixie and the Illusions
Decks: ".EXE" (Custom) and "Dark Magician"

After finally getting a feel for his surroundings, the newcomer of the Canterlot Suburbs was on his way to his new school to start off the new semester, Canterlot High School. He had heard great things about this place and wanted to see it for himself if it was all true, and just in time, the first bell had just rung as he entered the establishment, so he ran to his first class of the day, and made it just before the late bell rang and walked over to his designated desk. The teacher had just walked in himself and started writing his name, "Mr. Doodle" on the chalkboard before addressing his students.

"Okay, class," he began, "today, we have a new student joining us, so let's make him feel welcome, shall we?" he waved a hand towards the newcomer, "Golden Flare, would you kindly come up and introduce yourself to the class?"

The now-named Golden suddenly became nervous, he was never a fan of being the center of attention, but his teacher had asked him to do something, nicely even, it would be disrespectful to refuse. So he stood up and walked in front of Mr. Doodle's desk, then cleared his throat, trying to ignore the stares.

"H-Hello. M-My name is G-Golden Flare, and I h-hope we c-can get along..." he tried to find the strength to say loud enough.

"From what I read about your file, Mr. Flare, you were always the shy type, were you not?" Mr. Doodle asked.

"Y-Yes, sir."

"And how were you ranked in your last class?"

He gulped, knowing that this particular fact could earn him some enemies, "T-Top of my class, s-sir."

"Hmm..." Mr. Doodle stroked his chin, then smirked, "Good answer. You were never one to lie, that was also in your file."

"Yes, sir. I-I don't believe in l-lying for my own b-benefit."

He nods, "Thank you, young man. Please take your seat."

Golden didn't hesitate and power walked back to his desk, trying to control his breathing and anxiety levels.

"Alright, class, today we're going to be studying for majority of the period. Please take out your textbooks and open to page 142..."

Finally, some familiar territory... Golden thought as he pulled out a rather thick book and opened it to the aforementioned page, losing himself in his studies...


The moment the new guy walked in, Trixie did not like him, not one bit. Everything about him screamed "male Fluttershy" and the last thing she needed was another frail case around her. After introducing himself and answering some of Mr. Doodle's questions, she also found out that he was also like Applejack and her family; truthful to the core. It was already bad enough that he was a timid, pathetic excuse for a man, but he was also honest? OOH! The thought of this mini man being more like the Raingoons made her blood boil!

But there was nothing she could do, at least not right now, but later, she would show him his place in this school: far below his superior, herself.


After a few periods passed by, the bell for lunch had rung and Golden had definitely worked up an appetite from all of his studying, so once he packed up his belongings, he headed directly to the cafeteria for food. Upon arrival, he grabbed a slice of pizza, an apple, and some fruit cocktail, then went to find a secluded spot in the cafeteria, until...

"Hi!"

Golden turned to the high-pitched voice and almost jumped out of his skin by how close she was to his face. Golden knew this girl to be Pinkie Pie, it was hard not to know her since she gets to know every new student at CHS, especially when they're being shown the ropes at school, and Golden couldn't help but think she's rather cute...but he'd never admit it out loud.

"Wanna come sit with me and my friends?"

Golden swallowed his nervousness and was about to decline, only for him to realize that there weren't any isolated spots in the cafeteria, so he had no choice but to reluctantly accept with a nod.

Pinkie smiled even wider at this, a feat Golden didn't know was possible, "Great! Let's go!"

She interlocked her arm with his, making him blush as they made their way to her friends' table, unaware of the glare they were getting from the school's resident blowhard magician. Once they arrived, the girls greeted them with their own smiles as they sat down.

"Hey Pinkie," Rainbow said, "who's the newbie?"

"This is Golden Flare, he's new to CHS and he needs friends, like us!" Pinkie said, cheerfully.

"Why, it is a pleasure to greet you, Golden, my name is Rarity, or Miss Rarity if you prefer."

"I-I'm...Fluttershy…"

"Howdy, pardner! Name's Applejack! An' Ah sure as sugar appreciate y'all enjoyin' ma Granny Smith's Apple Family made fruit!"

"How are ya, newbie? I'm Rainbow Dash, the captain of every team here at CHS!"

"I'm Sunset Shimmer, I hope you get used to your new town and school."

Golden smiled at all of their kind greetings, even if a couple of them were a little over the top. They began to talk with one another as they all ate, Golden felt like he didn't have a place to talk, so he simply ate his food, at least until Sunset gained his attention.

"Hello?"

"O-Oh! Uh, s-sorry. What was the question?" he asked.

"We asked if you liked Duel Monsters..."

The timidity in his posture suddenly disappeared, "Oh! Absolutely! I even have a specially made custom deck that hasn't been released yet! They wanted someone to test the new cards and I appeared the most trustworthy to them, surprisingly enough."

"REALLY?!?" Pinkie cheerfully exclaimed, "What kinda deck?!"

"They called it a '.EXE' deck, based on the cyberworld within the internet."

"'dot E-X-E'?" Applejack asked, confused.

Sunset took over, "Yeah, 'EXE' is a term involving computer applications, upon clicking a file with 'EXE' in its name, you activate the computer app you clicked."

"She hit the nail on the head." Golden nodded in approval.

"...So you're a computer nerd?" Rainbow bluntly asked.

Golden immediately clammed up and began eating again, making the others glare at her.

"What?"

A smack on the table turned their attention to the very end near Golden, where a VERY irate Trixie Lulamoon stood with her bandmates, Fuchsia Blush and Lavender Lace backing her. A collective groan came from the girls of the group, knowing all too well who she is, given her reputation.

"What do you want, Trixie?" Sunset asked, annoyed, "The Battle of the Bands is over, and I'm done being bullied by you, so what is it?"

"This has nothing to do with you Rainblooms," Trixie sneered, "The Great and Powerful Trixie has simply come to speak with the 'computer nerd'."

The girls glared at Rainbow again, who had the common decency to look sheepish at her very poor choice of words.

"So, Golden Flare, was it?" Golden was about to answer, but Trixie kept on talking, "I bet you think you're better than Trixie, that by being honest and smarter than her, you're better than Trixie, right?"

"I-I don't like lording m-my kn-knowledge over people--"

Another smack on the table, "And WHAT is with all the stuttering?! You're in high school, kid, MAN UP!"

Having had enough of her verbal abuse on her new friend, Sunset stood in between them, "Alright, Trixie, enough! Can't you see you're scaring him?"

"Hah! Who cares that some wimpy new kid is getting scared of the Great and Powerful Trixie?"

"...Maybe the whole cafeteria giving you and your cronies the stink eye right now?"

Trixie's eyes widened and she and her bandmates looked around, just about every student is glaring at them for mistreating their fellow Wondercolt and Trixie could feel nervous sweat running down her forehead. Just then, a tall, blue skinned woman approached the group with frustration in her eyes, they all knew her, even Golden, as Vice Principal Luna, Principal Celestia's sister and second in charge of CHS.

"Miss Lulamoon. Miss Blush. Miss Lace." Luna said with absolute authority.

"Y-Yes?" the three stuttered out.

"My office. Now."

Trixie and the Illusions hung their head low and followed the Vice Principal out of the cafeteria while the Rainbooms were comforting their new friend after the undeserved verbal lashing he had gotten.

"It's okay, Golden," Sunset tried to comfort him, "Trixie's just blowing smoke, hot air from a buffoon, you did nothing wrong. Okay?"

Golden just nodded, he was too upset to give a verbal response.


Trixie stormed out of the Vice Principal's office with her bandmates following at somewhat of a distance; because of Golden being so timid, making Trixie lash out at him, she and her bandmates were given a month's worth of detention...at least, that's what she tells herself. Fuchsia and Lavender were starting to get worried, they had never seen Trixie like this, she had never obsessed this much over somebody she thought was better than her, they began to think that there may be an ulterior motive here. But Trixie was too angry to be reasoned with, so they made excuses to leave and give her some time to herself.

"Hey Trixie...we gotta get to our next class, so we'll see you later, okay?" Fuchsia asked.

Trixie waved them off, that was enough incentive to leave her to her thoughts, so they rushed to class as the bell rung.

I can't believe this! Trixie thought to herself as she walked to her locker, If that kid wasn't so wimpy, I wouldn't have gotten detention! I swear, if I see him again, oh-ho-ho, if I EVER see him again, I'll make him wish he never came here!

Just as she opened her locker door, a card fell out, curious, she looked down and knew exactly what kind of card it was.

"A Duel Monsters card? I don't remember putting any in my locker..."

Trixie bent over to pick it up and see what card it was, but the moment she did, a dark red aura surrounded the card and ran up the length of her arm, then covered her body as she panicked.

"Yes, Trixie, let the Barian Number take hold." a deep, ominous voice spoke.

"B-Barian Number?! W-What are you--AHHHHHH!!!"

But it was too late to question what was happening, Trixie had succumbed to the aura that surrounded her, and then, a malicious smile graced her features.

"Oh, Golden...I'll make you wish you never came here...one way or another."

As she walked off like nothing happened, she failed to notice that her forehead was marked with an oddly shaped 22...


The final bell had rung, marking the end of the school day, and even though Trixie hadn't made another appearance since lunch, Golden's mood didn't improve at all. Sure, he remained focused on his studies, but he was still rather upset by what Trixie had said to him; was stuttering and being smart a bad thing? He didn't lord it over people, he didn't even know who Trixie was until now, so why...? Golden decided that sitting around speculating wasn't going to do him any good right now and proceeded to head out the classroom door, though the moment he stepped outside the school...

"HEY COMPUTER NERD!!!"

The loud and harsh voice was one Golden recognized instantly: it was Trixie, and boy, was she mad.

"You got me and my bandmates detention for a month! And for that, I challenge you to a Duel!"

Anyone left in the vicinity gasped at her declaration and also at the childish reason for doing so. Golden, however, was wide-eyed at this; why would Trixie want to Duel him, of all people? What brought this on?

Wait, he thought, Trixie normally refers to herself in the third person, so why did she say, "me and my bandmates"? Something's not right.

"Well? Do you accept?" Trixie asked, impatiently.

Sadly, the only way to know what the trap is, is if I spring it. But... he began to visibly hesitate.

"What? Are you afraid?" she mocked, "Well, maybe Pinkie would be up to the challenge."

Golden suddenly stiffened.

Trixie grinned savagely, "I'll definitely look forward to beating her into the ground."

His eyebrows furrowed as he grit his teeth, he could take Trixie's verbal sparring all day long, but this...

"...Nobody. Threatens. Pinkie Pie." Golden growled out, not noticing his fear and hesitation vanish.

Trixie's eyes seemed to glow at Golden's response, "I take it you're up for it?"

Golden took off his backpack and pulled out his Duel Disk, "Soccer field. Ten minutes."

Trixie smirked deviously at his declaration and made her way to the aforementioned place while took the time to double check his ".EXE" deck and make sure everything was in still in its place. Once that was done, he made his own way to the soccer field.


The Rainbooms began to leave the school when they noticed a rather large crowd built up at the soccer field, curious, the girls decided to check it out and see what was going on, a Duel maybe...? Once they got close enough, the first two people they saw were Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon, and Sunset asked them what was going on.

"Didn't you hear?" Lyra began, "Trixie challenged the new guy to a Duel!"

"WHAT?!?" The Rainbooms shrieked.

"Yeah! I even heard that she threatened to beat Pinkie into the ground in a Duel, and Golden lost it at that!" Bon Bon added.

"Really?" Pinkie asked, awed by Golden's courage.

"What the hell is Trixie thinking?!" Rainbow began, "I thought she finally backed off!"

"Well, regardless of what we thought, the Duel's starting now..." Sunset said.


As the Rainbooms were talking with Lyra and Bon Bon, Golden and Trixie were getting ready to begin their Duel.

"So, Golden, any last words before you lose on the word 'go'?" Trixie asked her opponent, snidely.

Golden glared at her with as much hatred as he could muster right at the moment, after all, nobody messes with Pinkie Pie.

"Just this: before this Duel is over...I will teach you what happens to those who cross the people close to me."

The two competitors prepped their Duel Pads and Duel Gazers as a computerized, automated voice rung out through the soccer field:

//Augmented Reality Vision Link established.//

"Let's DUEL!!" they both declared, the display showing their Life Points.

Golden Flare: 4,000 LP
Trixie Lulamoon: 4,000 LP

Turn 1: Trixie Lulamoon - Hand: 5

"Ladies first!" Trixie declared as she drew her first card, "For starters, I'll Set a monster in defense, then I'll lay two cards facedown. Your move!"

Turn 2: Golden Flare - Hand: 5

"Alright! I draw!" Golden drew and looked at his hand, weighing his options, "I summon IceMan.EXE in Attack Mode!"

A little man appeared on the field wearing a cyan blue snowsuit with an eight-pointed star mark in a circle on his chest.


IceMan.EXE
Attribute: WATER
Level: 3
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1300
DEF: 1100
Effect: During each Standby Phase, add 1 "Battle Chip" Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, target 1 monster your opponent controls: That monster's effects are negated until the End Phase.


"And now, I'll have him attack your facedown monster!" Golden said as IceMan.EXE blew a mini blizzard from his mouth.

"Hah! You walked right into it! Reveal facedown monster! Apple Magician Girl!" Trixie shouted triumphantly.

A girl with a rather revealing red outfit and a mage's cap and pink wings took to the field.


Apple Magician Girl
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 3
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 1200
DEF: 800
Effect: Once per turn, if this card is targeted for an attack: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand, then change the attack target to it, and if you do, the attacking monster's ATK becomes half its current ATK. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target up to 3 other "Magician Girl" monsters with different names in your Graveyard; add them to your hand.


"Now her effect activates!" Trixie began to explain, "Once per turn, when she's targeted for an attack, I can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster from my--"

"Hold it! I activate my IceMan's effect! Once per turn, one of your monsters effects are completely negated until next turn!"

"WHAT?!"

Apple Magician Girl suddenly felt a massive drain as the blizzard breath grew closer, freezing her solid and shattering her into particles of light.

"I then end with one facedown. Your turn." Golden concluded.

Turn 3: Trixie Lulamoon - Hand: 3

"Why you...! Draw!" Trixie plucked another card out of her hand but before she could play it, Golden called out again:

"I activate IceMan's other effect! During every Standby Phase you or I have, I'm allowed to add a 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell from my Deck to my hand! And the card I choose...is 'Battle Chip - LongSwrd'!"


Battle Chip - LongSwrd
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Can only be equipped to a ".EXE" monster. Increase the equipped monster's ATK by 1000. When the equipped monster attacks a Defense Position monster: Inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.


After adding the aforementioned card to his hand, Trixie continued, "Fine! As I was saying, I play the Monster Reborn Spell Card!"


Monster Reborn
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 monster in either GY; Special Summon it.


"And I Special Summon from my Graveyard Apple Magician Girl!" the red winged magician girl made a reappearance on the field, "Now, I Normal Summon Magician's Rod!" then, a staff-like wizard's wand appeared with an ethereal magician aura surrounding it as if it was being held.


Magician's Rod
Attribute: DARK
Level: 3
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 100
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, that specifically lists the card "Dark Magician" in its text. During your opponent's turn, if you activate a Spell/Trap Card or effect while this card is in your GY (except during the Damage Step): You can Tribute 1 Spellcaster monster; add this card to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Magician's Rod" once per turn.


"Then I activate its effect! When Magician's Rod is Normal Summoned, I can add one Spell or Trap card from my deck to my hand that specifically lists 'Dark Magician' in its card text! And I'll add, hmm...eenie, meenie, miney...'Bond Between Teacher and Student'!"


Bond Between Teacher and Student
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you control "Dark Magician": Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician Girl" from your hand, Deck, or GY, then you can Set 1 "Dark Magic Attack", "Dark Burning Attack", "Dark Burning Magic", or "Dark Magic Twin Burst" directly from your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Bond Between Teacher and Student" per turn.


"And now, without further delay, I overlay my Apple Magician Girl and Magician's Rod, both level 3!" the female magician and the rod both morphed into a red and purple swirling light respectively and flew into a galaxy-like portal as Trixie began to chant, "With the Magician's student and his tool, let the dark powers within give rise to one of the Deadly Sins! Come forth! Rank 3! Number 22: Embodiment of Vanity!"

The portal exploded in a rush of rainbow colors as four paintings floated just above the field; two of them eyes, another the nose, and last being a mouth with a white bushy moustache being marked with a 22, all in all, the whole thing was ugly as sin.


Number 22: Embodiment of Vanity
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 3
Type: Fiend/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 2400
DEF: 2000
Effect: 2 level 3 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. As long as this card has an Xyz Material attached to it: Any battle damage dealt by this card is doubled. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: This card cannot be destroyed by battle until the End Phase.


"What the hell?!" Golden shouted, "What in God's name IS that thing?!"

Outside the Duel, the crowd began to share Golden's view of the new monster, especially the Rainbooms, starting with Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rainbow, Rarity, and ending with Sunset.

"Lord'a mercy!"

"Oh...my..."

"Freaky-deaky!"

"Oh man, that thing is UGLY!"

"I concur! It's absolutely HIDEOUS!!"

"Sweet Celestia, that is a horrible creature!"

As the crowd became greatly unsettled by Trixie's newest, unknown monster, Golden tried to read the card's text on his Duel Pad, but it seemed to be written in some unknown language.

"And just for some added support," Trixie continued, with no one noticing the 22 mark on her forehead began to glow brighter the moment her monster was brought out, "I activate one of my facedowns: Ancient Rules!"


Ancient Rules
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Normal Monster from your hand.


"And with it, I Special Summon one of my most personal favorites: Dark Magician!" next to the ugly painting monster, a light green skinned man with golden blonde hair wearing purple and red robes and wielding the same rod that appeared before rose up (2500/2100), "Heh, an oldie, but a goodie. Number 22! Attack that Ice Climber reject!" the painting rushed close to IceMan before opening its giant painted mouth and getting ready to chomp down.

"Hold it! I activate my Trap! 'Battle Chip - AntiSwrd'!"


Battle Chip - AntiSwrd
Counter Trap Card
Effect: Can only be used when you control a ".EXE" monster. When your opponent declares an attack, target the attacking monster: Negate the attack, and if you do; decrease that monster's ATK by 500.


"When you declare an attack, I can target the attacking monster and stop it cold! And once I do, your monster's Attack Points decrease by 500!"

The painting monster stopped its assault and began to feel weak (ATK: 2400 - 500 = 1900).

Trixie was slack-jawed at the comeback, but recomposed herself and, with a growl and dark aura seeping out of her body, whipped her hand out, "Dark Magician! ATTACK!!"

The purple wizard hovered forward and held its hand out, causing IceMan to tremble as he shattered into bits of light, this was Dark Magician's iconic "Dark Magic Attack" (Golden Flare: 4,000 - 1,200 = 2,800 LP).

"Whoa. I've never seen Trixie like this." Rainbow commented.

"Yes...it's pretty scary..." Fluttershy timidly added.

"Wait, something's wrong." Sunset said, seeing the aura coming off of Trixie, "Are you guys seeing this?"

"Now that ya mention it...yeah. Is that dark magic?" Applejack asked.

"But how?! Trixie may be a magician, but she's not magical like us!" Pinkie wondered.

"I think we're about to find out...whether we want to see it or not." Rarity answered, worriedly.

Trixie lowered her arm with a sneer, "I think you've had enough torture. I'll end it there."

Turn 4: Golden Flare - Hand: 5

As Golden drew a new card, he began to wonder about Trixie, Something isn't right here. Trixie's a little more vicious for some reason, not only that, she could've used that Spell she just got to swarm her field a bit...but why not? he then finally noticed a familiar mark on her forehead: 22, Number 22...is that card making her go berserk...? No, it can't be. Regardless, Golden knew he couldn't stall forever, taking too long to make a move would result in his disqualification, "Okay, I summon MegaMan.EXE in Attack Mode!"

A blue and yellow armored man with a strange symbol on his chest made his appearance on the field, sporting a blaster where one of his hands should be.


MegaMan.EXE
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1900
DEF: 1500
Effect: During each Standby Phase, add 1 "Battle Chip" Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, if this card is equipped with an Equip Spell with "Cannon" in its card name: The damage dealt to the opponent is doubled.


Trixie began to laugh uproariously, "That-That's the best you've got?! THAT puny thing?! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

But Golden paid no heed to her insulting laughter as he continued, "Then, I equip him with 'Battle Chip - LongSwrd'!" as the Equip Spell was played, MegaMan's blaster hand folded in on itself and unfolded out a rather long, beam-like sword, "And with it, he gains 1,000 Attack Points!" (ATK: 1900 + 1000 = 2900)

Trixie's laughing suddenly, and finally, ceased when she heard that little tidbit, "...What?"

"But before I press on, I play the 'Double Attack' Spell Card!"


Double Attack
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Discard 1 Monster Card from your hand to the Graveyard. Select 1 monster on your side of the field with a lower Level than the discarded monster. The selected monster can attack twice this turn.


"To activate it, I have to discard 1 monster from my hand to the Graveyard, then select a monster on my side of the field with a lower level than the monster I discarded, and it's allowed to attack twice in the same Battle Phase!"

"Psh, oh please, what monster could YOU have that isn't a weakli--"

"I discard my MetalMan.EXE, who is a level 5 monster!"


MetalMan.EXE
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 5
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1800
DEF: 2200
Effect: During each Standby Phase, add 1 "Battle Chip" Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: This monster cannot be destroyed by battle.


Once again, Trixie was rendered momentarily silent as Golden continued, "And with that, MegaMan.EXE is allowed to attack twice this turn!"

"WAIT! TIME OUT!" Trixie desperately pleaded.

"Go! Double Long Sword Slash!" the blue man charged at Dark Magician first and cleaved him in half, decimating Trixie's Life Points a bit (Trixie Lulamoon: 4,000 - 400 = 3,600 LP), then rushed toward the hideous quadruple painting and slashed it up, creating a large smoke cloud as Trixie's Life Points further decreased (Trixie Lulamoon: 3,600 - 1,000 = 2,600 LP), "There. Now you're down two powerful monsters AND your Life Points are a couple hundred shorter than mine! What do you say to that?"

"...Heheheheheh..."

"What are you chuckling about?"

"You really think this is over?"

"Huh?" Golden uttered as the smoke cloud cleared, revealing Number 22: Embodiment of Vanity...completely intact?! "But...how?!"

"Simple: a 'Number' monster can only be destroyed...by another 'Number' monster."

Golden scowls, "That's convenient."

"I call bullcrap on that!" Rainbow called out to Trixie.

Golden sighed and plucked a card out of his hand and placed it on the field, "I end with a facedown card."

Turn 5: Trixie Lulamoon - Hand: 2

"Hm, a pity. Now, I draw!"

"MegaMan.EXE's effect activates! I add 'Battle Chip - Barrier' to my hand!"


Battle Chip - Barrier
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Can only be equipped to a ".EXE" monster. Once per turn: The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. After this effect resolves: Destroy this card.


"Are you done?" Trixie asked, impatiently.

"No, but YOU are! I now activate the Trap, 'Battle Chip - FullCust'!"


Battle Chip - FullCust
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Can only be used when you control a ".EXE" monster. You can only activate this card when it is your opponent's turn: Your opponent immediately enters the End Phase of his/her turn. This effect cannot be negated.


"This Trap Card automatically ends your turn!"

"WHAT did you SAY?!?" Trixie shrieked.

Turn 6: Golden Flare - Hand: 2

"Now, I draw!" Golden looked at his hand and surveyed the field before making his move, "I summon out ProtoMan.EXE in Attack Mode!"


ProtoMan.EXE
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1900
DEF: 1700
Effect: During each Standby Phase, add 1 "Battle Chip" Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand. As long as this card is equipped with a "Battle Chip" Equip Spell: It can deal piercing battle damage to your opponent's Defense Position monster.


"S-So what?! Your monsters can't penetrate my Number monster!" Trixie shouted.

"They don't have to." Golden replied.

"W-What?!"

"I activate the effect of a Fusion Monster in my Extra Deck! As long as I have the Fusion Materials to Fusion Summon on my field, I don't need Polymerization! Go, MegaMan.EXE and ProtoMan.EXE, Double Soul Fusion!"

The Battle Chip - LongSwrd destroyed itself as the two aforementioned monsters leapt into the air and swirled into a combining vortex before reappearing as a merged version of them in one being.

"I Fusion Summon, 'MegaMan.EXE - Proto Soul'!"


MegaMan.EXE - Proto Soul
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 7
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2800
DEF: 2200
Effect: "MegaMan.EXE" + "ProtoMan.EXE"
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by returning the above cards you control to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When this card attacks an opponent's Defense Position monster: Inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.


"For the Fusion Summon," Golden held up MegaMan and ProtoMan's cards, "I have to return the Fusion Materials to my Deck." he slipped them in and the Duel Pad's auto-shuffle feature kicked in, shuffling his deck, "I know I can't destroy that Number card, but I can still deal damage! Go, Proto Sword!"

The new and improved MegaMan's hand folded up and unfolded a red laser blade, then charged forward and slashed the monstrous painting, making it groan even as it remained on the field (Trixie Lulamoon: 2,600 - 900 = 1,700 LP).

"I'll end my turn with two more facedowns, your go."

Turn 7: Trixie Lulamoon - Hand: 3

"About time!" Trixie drew her card, and waited, "...What? No special effect this time?"

"Nope. The '.EXE' Fusion Monsters don't have the adding Equip Spells effect, I'm afraid."

She smirked, "Good, less headaches to deal with." she then played the card she just drew, "I activate another copy of Monster Reborn and bring back my Dark Magician!" with that done, the purple wizard once again made an appearance (2500/2100), "And now, I finally play 'Bond Between Teacher and Student'! And with it, I Special Summon 'Dark Magician Girl' from my Deck!"

A wizard-like female, similar to Apple Magician Girl, appeared next to Dark Magician, her skirt fluttering in the breeze and making a few guys in the crowd blush.


Dark Magician Girl
Attribute: DARK
Level: 6
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2000
DEF: 1700
Effect: Gains 300 ATK for every "Dark Magician" or "Magician of Black Chaos" in the GY.


"And then, I'll Set a Spell Card directly from my Deck!" Trixie declared as she did so.

"Not bothering to tell us what it is?" Golden asked.

"Nah, I'll make it a surprise."

"I don't like this..." Sunset commented from the crowd.

"Now," Trixie continued, "I activate my Equip Spell, the 'Axe of Despair'!"


Axe of Despair
Equip Spell Card
Effect: (This card is always treated as an "Archfiend" card.)
The equipped monster gains 1000 ATK. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Tribute 1 monster; place this card on the top of your Deck.


"And I'll equip it to Number 22!" the axe materialized and just hovered there as if the painting were holding the weapon with its mind (1900 + 1000 = 2900), "Now go, Number 22! Attack that Proto-thing!" The painting rushed forward with axe in tow, ready to cleave the merged warrior in two.

"I activate my Trap: 'Battle Chip - Mine'!" Golden interrupted, revealing his facedown card.


Battle Chip - Mine
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Can only be used when you control a ".EXE" monster. If an opponent's monster attacks: Negate the attack and if you do; destroy the monster.


"If your monster attacks, I can negate the attack and destroy your monster! It may be invulnerable to battles without other Number monsters, but what about being destroyed by an effect?"

"W...WHAT?!?!"

Suddenly, the painting exploded as if it were a bomb before it even reached Golden's only monster, leaving Trixie without her ace in the hole.

"YOU...YOU...I aCtiVaTE 'dArK mAGiC TwIN bURsT'!" Trixie distortedly said, revealing her own facedown and the dark aura around her quickly getting worse.

"What the hay?!" Applejack voiced what everyone in the crowd was currently thinking.

"This is bad, real bad!" Sunset said, extremely worried.

"What do we do?!" Fluttershy asked, utterly terrified.

"I don't know!"

"tHiS CaRD AlLows mE tO iNCrEaSE dARk mAGicIaN's AtTaCK pOiNTs by evERy DarK MagICiAn gIrL oN mY fiELd AND iN mY gRAveYArD!!" Trixie said as Dark Magician suddenly felt his power rise up as Dark Magician Girl lent him her strength (2500 + 2000 = 4500), "GOOOoOooooO!! dArk mAGiC AttACK!!!"

Dark Magician rushed forward and readied his spell, until Golden declared, "Reveal facedown! 'Battle Chip - Barrier'!" the red MegaMan was suddenly surrounded by a force field that protected him from being destroyed, but Golden yelled as the force of the attack still reached him and knocked him to the ground (Golden Flare: 2,800 - 1,700 = 1,100 LP).

And yet, Trixie grunted in frustration as the barrier shattered, knowing that Dark Magician Girl should've been able to finish him off after his monster was destroyed, was currently too weak to deal any damage right now, "I wiLL eNd bY sWItChiNg dArK MAGiciAn GiRl iNTo DeFeNSe mOde."

Turn 8: Golden Flare - Hand: 0

Golden picked himself off the ground, put his hand on his deck, and prepared to draw his next card, "One shot...one chance." he whipped his hand to the side, "Draw!" he looked at the card...and smiled, "Perfect. I equip MegaMan.EXE - Proto Soul with 'Battle Chip - HeroSwrd'!"


Battle Chip - HeroSwrd
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Can only be equipped to a ".EXE" monster. Increase the equipped monster's ATK by 2000. When the equipped monster attacks a Defense Position monster: Inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.


"This card increases the equipped monster's ATK by 2,000! And last, but not least, when it attacks a Defense Position monster, it can inflict piercing battle damage to your Life Points!"

The red-colored beam sword folded back into the arm and unfolded out a new sword that was grander and shined brighter than the others (ATK: 2800 + 2000 = 4800).

"WHaT!! NOOoooOOOoOooOO!!!" Trixie began to panic.

"Go and attack Dark Magician Girl with Hero Sword Slash!" Golden declared, confidently.

The newly powered-up MegaMan charged and slashed clean through the wizard girl, and making a beeline to Trixie, dealing her damage as well.

"AHHHhhHhhhhhhhhhhHHHH!!!!!" Trixie screamed as her Life Points dropped (Trixie Lulamoon: 1,700 - 3,100 = 0 LP).

WINNER: Golden Flare

The crowd cheered wildly as the Augmented Reality dissipated and Golden went to check on Trixie, but at that moment, one of the cards she had glowed brightly and flew into his hand as he caught it, and it read "Number 22: Embodiment of Vanity".

"What the..." Golden muttered until a groan from Trixie pulled him out of his thoughts.

Trixie sat up and rubbed her head, "Oww...what happened...?" she looked around the area, "Why is Trixie outside the school? And at the soccer field, no less?"

Well, she seems back to normal...but wait, how come she has no memory of what happened? Golden thought to himself.

"Trixie!"

Trixie's bandmates, Fuchsia Blush and Lavender Lace came barreling towards her, asking her what was going on and stuff like that, even the Rainbooms came over and asked some questions, but all Trixie could say was:

"All I remember is leaving Vice Principal Luna's office, going into my locker, picked up a card that fell out, and...everything else is a blur. And the next I know, I'm out here."

Golden decided to make himself scarce before anyone of them could put two and two together, like he had did moments ago already.

"Oh, wait! There was one other thing, some deep, creepy voice said, 'Yes, Trixie, let the Barian Number take hold', whatever THAT meant."

"Barian Number...?" Sunset pondered, then gasped and turned to face Golden...but he was already gone, "Where'd he go?"


Golden entered his home after a long and hard-fought day, he crashed on the couch and looked over the Number monster he supposedly won.

"If these 'Number' cards are what made Trixie go ballistic, then...there's gotta be more out there somewhere, putting innocent people in danger. But I'm too tired to think about this, I'll just take a power nap before dinner, I guess..."

Golden put the card away in his Extra Deck and began drifting off into dream land...

...But if he had bothered to stay awake a bit longer, he would've noticed the small dark aura coming off his body.


Meanwhile, at a warehouse at the Manehattan Pier, a lone figure was waiting for her contact to arrive and discuss certain..."business". All too soon, the contact had arrived via taxi and walked into the warehouse, where the figure stood before her.

"You're late." the figure spoke, impatiently.

"What, is that how you greet an old friend?" the newcomer asked, jokingly.

"I was referring to the one who is most hated in Equestria."

"Fair enough."

"Regardless, there's been a report of Barian Numbers at Canterlot City."

"Yeah, you filled me in on that right before we left."

"You were clueless when you first heard of this."

"So what should I do?"

The figure pulls a briefcase forward and opens it, revealing some pieces of hi-tech equipment, "This world is no different than our parallel one that we hail from, if you have any anger left inside you, take it out on one you hate most."

The newcomer picks up the pieces and places them on his chest, in his left ear, and on his right arm, the area too dark to see specifically what they are.

"I'll contact you as soon as I can find any more Numbers, seeing you now, I can already tell who you're going to take your anger out on."

"You got that right, baby-pop."

The figure deadpanned, "...I am SO glad I didn't take Kuro on this one." she then left the warehouse and phoned a taxi for a ride to the nearest apartment complex while the newcomer left with his gear in tow as he looked for his target. Soon enough, he found it, or rather him, Flash Sentry, Canterlot High School's resident guitarist and pretty boy.

"Hm?" Flash hummed as he heard crashing sounds in the alleyway he was about to pass and saw an effigy of a person in the center, "Hey, are you okay, man?" silence. "Dude...are you okay?"

A few more seconds passed before the person's right arm lit up in green and purple LED lights as he smiled maliciously at Flash.