• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,274 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,274

Chapter 10: The Tri-Duel Relay Part 3 (By Golden Flare)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (OC), Enix (OC), Isaac (OC), Astral Flare (OC), Sunset Shimmer, Rainbow Dash, The Rainbooms, Principal Cinch, and the Shadowbolts
Decks: Dark Magician + custom cards, Custom Deck (by Banshee531), Elemental/Destiny/Masked HERO, and Raidraptor

Co-written by ShootingStar25.

Fair warning: The custom deck Banshee531 allowed me to use may not have the correct effects from his story due to not having all of the cards' information. If anyone is familiar with this deck and has some complaints, please PM me and I'll try to correct them.

The two CHS girls were putting on the final touches of the outfits Rarity made for them for the Turbo Duels. Isaac was shown in a locker room as he tightened his gloves and boots and was getting ready for his showdown. The boy reached for his deck, and he gave it several shuffles. He then pulled the top card off without looking; he slid his thumb over it to reveal two cards. Without looking at them, Isaac already knew what they were as it was his Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. The boy turned them over, and it confirmed his belief. After spending so much time with his monsters, he knew what his cards were before he picked them up due to the bond he had.

The boy looked at his star Magicians as he could feel them smiling at their master, to which he returned the gesture. Isaac then reached into his deck holder on his belt and revealed the six special cards that he showed Twilight. He looked at them before putting all six on top of his deck. Isaac was putting his cards away when he heard the sound of the door opening. Isaac looked up as he saw it was Principal Cinch, who wanted to have some last-minute words with her student.

"Look, if you're here to rally me up, I'll save you the trouble. After what you said to Twilight to make her upset, I'm not interested. So you take whatever speech you were gonna give me and shove it up your ass!" said Isaac as he tied his boots.

Principal Cinch smiled at hearing the boy's proclamation. She didn't respond but grabbed a nearby chair and positioned it in front of Isaac. She sat down with her legs crossed as the boy held his scowl, "Come on now, Isaac. You know better than that. I'm talking to everybody here, not just Twilight. I wanna talk with you. I want to make sure you understand what's at stake here. This is the Friendship Games; this is as big as it gets. This is where you show everybody your skills, not just Crystal Prep, but Canterlot High. This is where you show just how great of a Duelist you really are. You're right there and have been there for a long time. I'm not blowing smoke here, but I've seen too many Duelists like you. You got everything it takes. Very few guys and gals that walk through these doors can do what you do on the Dueling Field. You know that; I know that; I've seen it. I just...think you need that little bit extra something. I do think this might be your time; this might be your time to grab that brass ring; your time to prove to everyone you're the man. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I do. I appreciate that." responded Isaac with a genuine reaction.

"I'll be watching. Take it the extra step. Be willing to do whatever it takes. And maybe it is your time to grab that brass ring. Be willing to do anything, and maybe it is time for Isaac to be the man." said Principal Cinch as she finished her honest chat with her student and patted him on the shoulder as a sign of good luck.

Isaac couldn't help but smile at what Cinch said as the conversation between the two was genuine and honest. The boy looked at his hand as he took in the words said by his principal. He then grabbed his deck and Duel Disk, which he strapped on.


The entire field was now full of screens and students roaring. The entire field was now a racetrack in which the final two Duels would take place. Golden and his friends were in the stands as they prepared to watch their friend's due battle. Sunset was zipping up her suit as she put on her gloves. The girl got on her Runner as she slotted in her deck, and the auto-shuffler kicked in. Waiting for her at the starting line was her opponent.

Isaac was sitting on his runner as he had his eyes closed. He had his hand on the throttle as he revved up the engine as its purr seemed to calm him. The boy then pulled out his deck from his belt and slotted it into his Duel Disk. The auto-shuffler finished when Sunset rolled up next to the boy. The pair raised their eye shields as they looked at one another.

"Hey." said Isaac.

"Hey," responded Sunset with a wave, "I've seen what you can do, especially in that Duel against Rarity. You got game. So know this, I want you at your very best."

"Very well then." smiled Isaac as he prepared to give the bacon-haired girl a fight.

They both looked ahead and strapped in as they awaited the signal to start.

"The first Turbo Duel is about to begin!" said Luna over the P.A system as the Speed World Field Spell activated.

//Duel Mode engaged. Autopilot standing by.//

The light in front of the two teens was counting down. They each had their hands on the handles as they revved up their Runners. Both knew they would have to hit the gas hard and fast if they were to round the turn first to get the first draw. The light flashed from red...

//Ready...//

...to yellow and held...

//...Set...//

Seconds later, it turned green.

//Duel!//

And just like that, both took off. Sunset revved her Duel Runner as Isaac did the same, but he managed to pop a wheelie upon turning the handle. That slight distraction caught Sunset off guard as the boy pulled ahead.

The pair were getting closer and closer to the first turn of the track. Sunset managed to compensate for being distracted but was still trailing behind Isaac. The girl pushed herself and her ride as they began to close the gap. Isaac noticed the girl on his tail from the corner of his eye. He could see how hard Sunset was trying as he smiled. He put his hand on the handle as he looked to accelerate and round the bend first. However, that wasn't the case. Instead, he slowed down and allowed Sunset to round the bend first on purpose.

"And Sunset gets the first turn!" said Cadence for all to know.

//Autopilot activated.//

Sunset turned the corner as their Runners switched into autopilot. She immediately looked at Isaac as the boy was smiling at her. He let me win. But why?

Sunset was in disbelief as Isaac kept that smile of his. While happy to have gotten to go first, the girl felt disrespected by her opponent that he purposely slowed down. She felt like the boy wasn't taking her seriously and was already assuming he would beat her with ease. However, unlike Rarity, she wasn't someone who would take something like that lying down. If being a bully taught her anything is that when someone disrespects you, you make sure to put them in their place. And Sunset was going to ensure that Isaac didn't disrespect her.

"You made a grave mistake by not only taking me lightly, but letting me go first!" growled Sunset.

"We'll see. Get ready, Sunset, 'cause it's time to duel!" declared Isaac.

Sunset Shimmer: 8,000 LP
Isaac: 8,000 LP

Turn 1: Sunset - Hand: 5

"It's my move; I draw!" said the girl as she picked up her cards and put them in the holder so she could control the bike if needed. "I'm gonna start this Duel by summoning my Corona Paladin Strider!" said Sunset as her monster appeared, "Then I'll do something brand new, and that's placing my Rocket Smasher in the Pendulum Zone!" said Sunset as she introduced one of the cards of the new deck she created.


Corona Paladin Strider
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 4
Pendulum Scale: 6
Type: Warrior/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1700
DEF: 1400
Pendulum Effect: You can discard 1 card from your hand, then target 1 Set Spell/Trap your opponent controls: Destroy it.
Effect: When this card attacks: Increase its ATK by 500.


Rocket Smasher
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 4
Pendulum Scale: 2
Type: Warrior/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1400
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can select 1 monster in your GY, then discard 1 monster card from your hand whose Level is higher than the selected monster; Special Summon the selected monster.
Effect: If you control a face-up Level 4 or below FIRE-Attribute monster: Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position.


"Pendulum cards, eh?" snickered Isaac as he was surprised to see a Canterlot High student using them, given how poorly funded they were.

"And I'll call it right there." said the girl as she ended her turn, "Bet you weren't expecting that, huh?"

Turn 2: Isaac - Hand: 5

"It's my move!" declared Isaac as he drew his card.

He saw it and then looked at his hand. The teens rounded the next bend by zooming by the Crystal Prep section. Isaac looked up and saw his teammates as they were looking at him to finish CHS off for good. The boy saw Principal Cinch as she gave him a look. Isaac looked to find Twilight, but the girl had still yet to return.

Be willing to do whatever it takes. Grab that brass ring, and maybe it is time for Isaac to be the man.

Isaac recalled the talk he had with Cinch as it got him focused. He knew Twilight would show up as she wanted him to concentrate on the Duel...and win.

"You wanted my very best, Sunset. Then be careful what you wish for!" declared Isaac, "To start, I play the Spell, Ancient Rules. Now I can summon one Level 5 or higher Normal Monster from my hand. So make way for my partner, Dark Magician!" The boy's powerful wizard appeared as he twirled his staff before gliding along his master (2500/2100).

"No way!" shouted Sunset's teammates in awe.

"Impossible; he got his star monster out on his first turn." said Golden as he had his mouth drop.

Tch. Showoff. Golden had to shake his head to ward off his darkness.

"But I'm not stopping there; now that the teacher is on the field, his student will follow. I play Bond Between Teacher and Student; since I control Dark Magician, I can also summon his apprentice. Time to meet my favorite magical girl, Dark Magician Girl!" This time out came Isaac's top female spellcaster (2000/1700) as she laughed when she appeared by her teacher and master.

"Both his top magicians on his first turn?!!!" stated Sunset as she could see that Isaac wasn't playing around.

"But that's not all; my Bond Between Teacher and Student allows me to set a card from my Deck. But it won't stay facedown for long cause I'll activate it. Dark Burning Magic!" shouted Isaac.


Dark Burning Magic
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: If you control monsters whose original names are "Dark Magician" and "Dark Magician Girl": Destroy all cards your opponent controls.


"With this, since I control both Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl, I can nuke your entire field!"

"Oh no!!" Sunset's eyes widen.

Both Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl powered up their wands. They let out a battle cry and pointed their staffs at Sunset as a huge magic explosion occurred. Sunset wobbled when she felt the magic spell as her entire field was gone.

"Now, attack her directly! Double Dark Magic Attack!" shouted Isaac as he thrust his hand out while turning his Runner sideways and skidded.

The boy's magicians heard the command given to them by their master. They put their staffs together as a huge ball of dark energy appeared. The two spellcasters then shot their attack as they made contact with Sunset. The girl screamed when she got hit, making her ride more unstable. So much so that she was moving left and right as it looked like she was about to fall off. Sunset managed to gain control of her rider as she stabilized herself. Isaac had already zoomed past her as he smirked (Sunset Shimmer: 8,000 - 2,500 - 2,000 = 3,500 LP).

"Incredible! In just his very first turn, Isaac has managed to reduce more than half of Sunset's Life Points!" shouted Luna over the P.A. system.

"Okay, now I'm scared." said Rainbow with legit fear in her voice at what she witnessed.

"I would say Sunset would be fine, but now I'm not so sure..." said Astral.

"Sunset..." muttered Golden as he saw her down the track.

Ugh! That was too perfect of a play! Sunset should've been ready for that!

The boy then looked to where Isaac was as his monsters glided by his side as he turned the corner. He was reminded of what Principal Cinch said and was now starting to believe the woman, that he might eat his words.

"I end my turn!" stated Isaac. The boy was given huge applause from the students of Crystal Prep.

After witnessing that devastating move to put Sunset and the rest of Canterlot High in their place, everyone at CPA had huge smiles. Principal Cinch grinned the biggest at how Isaac took in her conversation with him. For she truly did believe the boy had what it took to break through the glass ceiling and grab the brass ring. That part was true.

Turn 3: Sunset - Hand: 4

"It's my turn," said Sunset as she looked to recover, "I'll summon my Firewall Defender in defense mode!" stated the girl as her monster appeared and had its arms in an X-formation.


Firewall Defender
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1800
DEF: 0
Effect: While this card is in Defense Position: It cannot be destroyed by battle.


"Then I'll end my turn."

Turn 4: Isaac - Hand: 3

"Looks like this is gonna be one short duel," said the boy as he drew his card, "Now, Dark Magician Girl, attack her Firewall Defender!" She heard Isaac's command as she charged up her wand and fired another spell. The attack made contact, yet Sunset's monster remained on the field.

"Looks like you misjudged me. See, as long as Firewall Defender is in defense mode, it can't be destroyed by battle." declared Sunset.

"Not bad," smiled Isaac, "I end my turn."

Turn 5: Sunset - Hand: 4

"My draw and I'll set the Pendulum Scale using these two cards, Scale 1 Magician of Glorious Sundown and Scale 8 Magician of Glorious Sunset!" stated Sunset as she placed both of her cards on the far side of her Duel Pad. Her monsters appeared in a column of light with their respective numbers in front of them (Pendulum Scale: 1-8).


Magician of Glorious Sundown
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 6
Pendulum Scale: 1
Type: Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1400
DEF: 2200
Pendulum Effect: If a Pendulum Monster you control battles: Your opponent cannot activate Spell cards until the end of the Battle Phase.
Effect: This card is unaffected by Spell cards.


Magician of Glorious Sunrise
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 3
Pendulum Scale: 8
Type: Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1100
DEF: 700
Pendulum Effect: If a Pendulum Monster you control battles: Your opponent cannot activate Trap cards until the end of the Battle Phase.
Effect: This card is unaffected by Trap cards.


"And now I can summon as many monsters from Levels 2 through 7. So I'm bringing back my Corona Paladin Strider in defense mode. But that's not all; I'm also summoning out a friend! Meet my Knight of New Dawn Novaculo!" said the girl as she had another monster on the field.


Knight of New Dawn Novaculo
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 3
Pendulum Scale: 4
Type: Warrior/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1300
DEF: 700
Pendulum Effect: Monsters that were Pendulum Summoned with this card in the Pendulum Zone cannot be targeted by monster effects.
Effect: When this card is Summoned: You can discard 1 card from your hand, then search for 1 FIRE-Attribute monster in your Deck; add it to your hand, then shuffle your Deck.


"And now my Knight of New Dawn's ability activates. So I discard one card from my hand and then search my deck for a FIRE monster to add to my hand. So I'm discarding my Corona Paladin Haslash, now I get a new card, but that means I can't summon my Haslash from the Extra Deck since he was discarded from my hand." stated Sunset as she set herself up for the following turn, getting her new card.


Corona Paladin Haslash
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 5
Pendulum Scale: 4
Type: Warrior/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 2100
DEF: 1700
Pendulum Effect: Monsters you control that fall within your current Pendulum Scale cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
Effect: When this card destroys a monster your opponent controls by battle: Search your Deck for 1 FIRE-Attribute monster whose Level is lower than the Level of the destroyed monster; add it to your hand, then shuffle your Deck.


"Clever." responded Isaac as they rounded the turn.

"I'll end my turn."

Turn 6: Isaac - Hand: 4

"Then it's back to me." said Isaac as he drew his card.

"So what is Sunset's plan here?" asked Rainbow.

"I guess she's banking on her Pendulum cards. With her scale set, she can start ramping, and she's got a good monster to play defense against Isaac's magicians." Golden guessed.

"Yeah, but Isaac ain't no amateur. He's bound to have found a way to bypass Sunset. Not to mention, she's only got 3,500 Life Points left." said Applejack to Golden.

"Then let's hope she has something ready,"

I'll admit, I wasn't expecting anybody else to have Pendulum cards. But mine are even better. "To start, I play the Spell card, Graceful Charity. So I pick up three cards and discard two," stated Isaac as he drew his cards and selected the ones he wanted to get rid of as he slotted them into his Graveyard.

The boy then revved his runner as he accelerated. Sunset saw Isaac zoom past her as the boy approached the wall. He then began to ride along it as it got everybody's attention. The Runner then flipped into the air as it was over Sunset. Everything moved in slow motion as the girl looked up to see Isaac; he was upside but held a smile on his face. Time resumed, and he landed perfectly.

"You think you're the only one with Pendulum cards, Sunset? Well, you're mistaken." snickered the boy.

"No way!" shouted Sunset.

"Watch! Time for me to debut some new cards. I place this, my Black Arts Trickster, in one of my Pendulum Zones!" Out came a female magician who wore a mini skirt similar to Dark Magician Girl but was black, as well as she wore a leather jacket with a yellow vest and a white undershirt. She then pulled out a wand and cast some black magic around her.


Black Arts Trickster
Attribute: DARK
Level: 3
Pendulum Scale: 2
Type: Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1200
DEF: 2700
Pendulum Effect: If your other Pendulum Zone is empty: You can select 1 Pendulum Monster from your Deck and place it in the empty Pendulum Zone. If a Pendulum Monster in the other Pendulum Zone is a "Magician" or Spellcaster-Type: You can change that monster's Pendulum Scale to numbers in between 3-10.
Effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls: Destroy it and send it to their GY, and if you do; Special Summon 1 monster to your side of the field from your GY. During the End Phase after you used this effect: Destroy the Special Summoned monster, then Special Summon the opponent's targeted monster to their side of the field.


"I then activate her Pendulum ability; I can add a Pendulum monster from my Deck and place it in the other Pendulum Zone. So I'll set the pendulum scale with my Scale 1 Sorcerer Swordsman and Scale 2 Black Arts Trickster. I'm taking control of this Duel, starting now!" shouted Isaac. Isaac's Duel Disk registered what he was doing as he placed the Pendulum cards on the far side of his card tray as the word PENDULUM in rainbow coloring was spelled out to signal it worked. Isaac's two cards then appeared in columns of light as they stood still as the numbers showed in front of them (Pendulum Scale: 1-2).


Sorcerer Swordsman
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Pendulum Scale: 1
Type: Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1500
DEF: 1500
Pendulum Effect: If there is another monster in your other Pendulum Zone: Add monsters from your GY to your hand that fall within your Pendulum Scale.
Effect: If this monster was Pendulum Summoned, you can target 1 monster on the field: Change its ATK to 0.


"He has Pendulum cards as well?!" said Sunset.

She wasn't the only one who was surprised. Like with Sunset, everybody had their mouths drop when they saw that Isaac also had rare cards that were only beginning to arrive on the scene. For Cinch, she was the most shocked as she didn't expect Isaac to keep this a secret from her. While the woman was angry, she was also happy as it proved once again that Isaac was living up to his potential. The gamble she took on letting him attend Crystal Prep was worth her weight in gold at how Isaac was evolving his skills and talent as a Duelist.

Golden was the most shocked one. He quickly looked at his Deck and pulled out his Pendulum cards. Seeing them and now looking at the ones that Isaac had shaken him to his core. The boy could feel his confidence being shaken as he realized he was no longer the only one to have Pendulum cards that made him stand out.

You must've known that this was going to happen. Golden's darkness whispered to him.

"You really are full of surprises," said Sunset, as she sure didn't see this coming, "But you forget one thing about Pendulum cards. You can summon as many monsters as you want, but it has to fall on your set scale. And seeing the numbers that your monsters have, you can't summon anything."

"Are you sure about that?" snickered Isaac.

Sunset was confused. She then looked and once more was given another surprise. The number in front of Isaac's Black Arts Trickster was changed from 3 to 10. The girl couldn't figure out what was going on as she looked to her opponent for some explanation.

"See, she's not a trickster for nothing. My Black Arts Trickster has another effect; if there's a Spellcaster-Type monster in my other Pendulum Zone, I can raise her scale to 10!" explained Isaac.

"But then, that means..."

"Uh-oh." said Golden as he realized what Sunset was going to say.

"Alright, Pendulum. You swung her way; now you're gonna swing my way!" The image of the Pendulum appeared as it began to do just that. "I'm allowed to summon monsters from Level 2 through 9, all at the same time. Back and forth, to and fro, what's coming next? You'll all soon know! So swing far, Pendulum, and carve the arc that will lead me to victory! My monsters are ready to swing into action!" shouted Isaac as a portal opened up, and out came two lights.

"Prepare to have your fortune told; it's my Black Robe Mentalist. Her inner beauty comes from within; meet my Mirage Magician!" yelled the boy as his monsters appeared.

The first of the female magicians wore a long dark robe covering her head and body as it showed only her face. The second was another teen spellcaster, who had a masquerade eye mask over her eyes; you could see them being brown. In terms of her outfit, she had long black hair as she wore fishnet sleeves and stockings as well as a white corset that all matched with a cerulean trench coat.


Black Robe Mentalist
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Pendulum Scale: 7
Type: Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1700
DEF: 1300
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can take control of 1 monster your opponent controls until the End Phase.
Effect: Once per turn: You can excavate cards from your Deck equal to the monster(s) you currently control and add one of them to your hand, then shuffle the rest back into your Deck. When this card is destroyed and placed face-up in the Extra Deck: You can place it in your empty Pendulum Zone instead.


Mirage Magician
Attribute: DARK
Level: 6
Pendulum Scale: 8
Type: Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1700
Pendulum Effect: If you control a monster: You can Special Summon a monster with the same name from your hand or Deck to your field, but destroy it at the End Phase of the turn you activated this effect.
Effect: You can Tribute this card on your field: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters you control and in the Pendulum Zones as Fusion Materials.


"He has more?" said Golden as Isaac again outshined him.

"Just like that? He Pendulum Summoned with ease." said Sunset.

"So, all this time, he's been having secret cards?" said Sour Sweet.

"Well, now. I'm starting to see Isaac in a different light. I thought he was nothing but a loser for hanging out with Twilight. But he's definitely packing under there." Sunny Flare smiled as she started thinking about her classmate and how she would like to get closer to the boy due to his powerful cards.

"What else have you been keeping from me, Isaac?" wondered Principal Cinch.

"So, he's got special cards, huh? Didn't see that coming." said Enix as he was off by himself, watching the entire event closely.

"I'm not done with my turn yet, Sunset. I activate the ability of my Black Robe Mentalist. I can now look at the top cards of my Deck equal to the number of monsters I control on the field. Then I get to add one of those cards to my hand. So since I have four monsters, I can look at the top four cards of my Deck!" proclaimed the boy as he drew and fanned them out.

Isaac was examining the cards he picked up as he formulated his plan. He took the one he wanted and added it to his hand while placing the other three on top of his Deck as the auto-shuffler kicked in.

"Now I activate my Mirage Magician's ability, so I can Fusion Summon without Polymerization, and I can use any monsters on my field and/or in the Pendulum Zone, and she can replace a Fusion Material. So I'll fuse her with my Dark Magician!"

"You can what!?!" shouted Sunset.

"Ready, Mirage?" asked Isaac to his magician.

"Ready," replied the girl to her master as the mask she was wearing began to glow and flames erupted on the side of it.

Isaac's Dark Magician entered a portal as his Mirage Magician was in front of it. The girl felt her power growing as her inner persona was starting to take over and waiting to be unleashed. She brought her hand to her mask and shouted "Persona" as she took off her mask and turned it into the light. It showed the power she possessed as the image of Isaac's new monster appeared.

"With the power of the two magicians, I call forth a dragon rider unlike any other! I Fusion Summon! Dark Magician the Dragon Knight!" A dragon appeared that resembled that of the legendary dragon Timaeus as on the back of it was Isaac's magician who wielded a sword instead of his staff. The dragon roared for all to hear as it was big.


Dark Magician the Dragon Knight
Attribute: DARK
Level: 8
Type: Dragon/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 3000
DEF: 2500
Effect: "Dark Magician" + 1 Dragon monster
This card's name becomes "Dark Magician" while on the field or in the GY. Your opponent cannot target Spells/Traps you control with card effects, also they cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.


"I don't like the looks of this." said Sunset.

"Don't forget, since my Dark Magician is the Graveyard, Dark Magician Girl gains 300 extra attack points," pointed out Isaac (Dark Magician Girl: ATK 2000 + 300 = 2300). "Now, Dark Magician Girl, attack her Corona Paladin Strider!" commanded Isaac. His female magician heard the command from her master as she blasted Sunset's monster off the field.

"Now, Dark Magician the Dragon Knight, attack her Knight of New Dawn Novacula!" shouted the boy. His magician powered up its sword as it flowed with magic; the dragon also opened its mouth. When both attacks were charged, they fired and took out Sunset's monster, who lost another chunk of life points as she wobbled a bit (Sunset Shimmer: 3,500 - 1,700 = 1,800 LP).

"Oh, that's not good!" said Pinkie as Sunset was almost out of life points in just three short turns from Isaac.

"I'll then end my turn."

Turn 7: Sunset - Hand: 2

"Then it's back to me," said the girl as she drew her card, "And this time I'll Pendulum Summon too. So I'm bringing back my Corona Paladin Strider and Corona Paladin Haslash! But I'm also summoning my Solar Flare Phoenix!" Sunset made both of her monsters appear as they stood ready with a giant phoenix that descended onto the field with the flames it made burning at intense heat.


Solar Flare Phoenix
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 7
Pendulum Scale: 4
Type: Winged-Beast/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2100
Pendulum Effect: If there is a Pendulum Monster(s) in your Extra Deck: Add 1 Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck to your hand.
Effect: If this card is Special Summoned while your LP is 2000 or lower: Double your current LP.


"Now my Phoenix's ability activates! Since I Special Summoned it while my Life Points are 2000 or less, I can now double them!" informed Sunset (Sunset Shimmer: 1,800 x 2 = 3,600 LP).

"I'm not stopping there cause I then play the Spell card, Card of Sanctity. So now we both get to draw until we hold six cards in our hands."

"Alright, Sunset may still have a chance!" said Rainbow.

"Now Haslash, take out his Black Robe Mentalist!" ordered Sunset. Her monster charged forward and swung its lance at the girl, who turned into a dark cloud (Isaac: 8,000 - 400 = 7,600 LP), "Now, my monster's ability activates. Since it destroyed your monster, I can search my Deck for a FIRE-Attributed monster whose Level is lower than the one destroyed and add it to my hand! And I choose my Tuner monster, Sun-Ray Salamander." said the bacon-haired teen.

Sunset began to search through her Deck using the Duel Runner's touch screen as she selected and clicked confirm. Her card slid out for her to grab as the auto-shuffler kicked in.


Sun-Ray Salamander
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 1
Type: Reptile/Tuner/Normal
ATK: 100
DEF: 100
Description: This little lizard is certainly a ray of sunshine, especially when tuning with other monsters.


"And if you thought I was done, think again! Phoenix, attack his Dark Magician Girl!" stated the bacon-haired teen as her bird soared toward Isaac's field and burned up his monster in a firestorm before returning to her field (Isaac: 7,600 - 200 = 7,400 LP).

"I end my turn with a facedown! You're up!" shouted Sunset.

Turn 8: Isaac - Hand: 6

"My draw, and I'll play the Spell, Upstart Goblin. So in exchange for an extra card, you get 1,000 life points." stated Isaac (Sunset Shimmer: 3,600 + 1,000 = 4,600 LP).


Upstart Goblin
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Draw 1 card, then your opponent gains 1000 LP.


"Next, I'm playing Premature Burial, so by paying 800 life points, I get back my Dark Magician Girl," said the boy as his female spellcaster reappeared (Isaac: 7,400 - 800 = 6,600 LP).


Premature Burial
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Activate this card by paying 800 LP, then target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in Attack Position and equip it with this card. When this card is destroyed, destroy the equipped monster.


"Then I'll Pendulum Summon once more, so welcome back, my Black Robe Mentalist!" stated Isaac as his magician appeared in defense mode this time. "And activate her ability, so you know what that means."

"Sunset better figure something out. 'Cause as long as Isaac has his magician in play, he can keep searching for all the cards he needs." said Rainbow.

Seems like that goblin card isn't the only upstart in this Duel. Golden is beginning to realize that his darkness is making it harder to ignore it as his frustration towards it and Isaac grew.

Isaac looked at his top three cards and selected the one he wanted among them. He placed the others back on top as it shuffled his deck again.

"Now, Dark Magician the Dragon Knight, attack her Corona Paladin Haslash!" ordered Isaac.

"I reveal my facedown, Draining Shield! So your attack is negated, and I gain Life Points equal to your monster's attack." smiled Sunset as she got a big boost to her points (Sunset Shimmer: 4,600 + 3,000 = 7,600 LP).

"Alright, she's back in the game." said Astral.

"And she's taken the lead!" exclaimed Applejack.

"Well, I still have another attack raring to go. Mana, it's your turn!"

"On it, Isaac." replied the boy's Dark Magician Girl with a smile. She pointed her wand and blasted Sunset's monster off the field.

"I end my turn with two facedowns."

Turn 9: Sunset Shimmer - Hand: 5

"My move," said the girl as she drew, "and I'm going to Pendulum Summon again; this time, I'm bringing a trio of monsters to help me. First up, my Corona Paladin Strider and Corona Paladin Haslash. And joining them is my Corona Beast Sunset Unicorn!" Sunset now had three Pendulum Monsters on the field as she looked to tip the scales in her favor.


Corona Beast Sunset Unicorn
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 4
Pendulum Scale: 7
Type: Beast/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 1800
DEF: 1300
Pendulum Effect: If the other Pendulum Zone has a "Corona" monster: Discard 1 monster from your hand, then increase your LP equal to that monster's Level x 300.
Effect: When this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 monster you control; its Level is reduced by 1 is treated as a Tuner monster until the End Phase.


"What are you planning?" stated Isaac.

"You'll see. Now the effect of my Sunset Unicorn activates since it was Special Summoned; I can select one monster on my side of the field and have its Level reduced by 1. So I choose my Corona Paladin Strider!" gestured Sunset as she pointed to her monster (Corona Paladin Strider: Level 4 - 1 = 3).

"She reduced her monster's Level? But why?" muttered Isaac to himself.

"Oh, forgot to mention. The monster that has its Level reduced due to my Unicorn becomes a Tuner monster until the end of the turn."

"A Tuner, huh?" said Isaac as he knew what the girl was going for.

"With that, I now tune my Level 3 Corona Paladin Strider with my Level 4 Corona Beast Sunset Unicorn!" declared Sunset. Her Strider turned into three giant green rings as her Unicorn leaped into them (Level: 3 + 4 = 7), "With the might of the paladin and the wisdom of the unicorn, I bring forth a fiery daydreamer! I Synchro Summon, Shimmering Phoenix Princess Daydream!"


Shimmering Phoenix Princess Daydream
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 7
Type: Winged-Beast/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 2300
DEF: 2200
Effect: 1 FIRE-Attribute Tuner Monster + 1+ FIRE-Attribute non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can send 1 FIRE-Attribute Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck to the GY; decrease the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by the sent monster's Pendulum Scale x 100, until the End Phase. When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap: Pay 300 LP; negate the activation and destroy it.


"Not much." said Isaac as he saw Sunset's latest monster.

"Don't be fooled by its stats. Watch as I activate her special ability by sending one FIRE Pendulum Monster from my Extra Deck to the Graveyard; I can decrease the attack points of every monster on your field by the Pendulum Scale of the monster I sent by 100. So I'm sending my Corona Beast Sunset Unicorn, and it has a Pendulum Scale of seven which means all of your monsters lose 700 attack points!" stated Sunset.

Her monster fired beams from its hands, weakening Isaac's entire field as his monsters felt the magic attack (Dark Magician Girl: ATK 2300 - 700 = 1600) (Dark Magician the Dragon Knight: ATK 3000 - 700 = 2300) (Black Robe Mentalist: ATK 1700 - 700 = 1000).

"Now, to attack, Shimmering Phoenix Princess Daydream, attack his Dark Magician Girl!"

"Don't think so, I reveal my facedown, Magic Cylinder! So your attack is null and void. And you take damage equal to your monster's attack points!" said Isaac.

"Or so you think," smiled Sunset, "I'm activating the Pendulum effect of my Magician of Glorious Sunrise. If a Pendulum monster I control battles, you can't activate any Trap cards until the end of the Battle Phase!"

"Great..." said Isaac with disdain in his voice.

Sunset's monster continued her attack as she took out the boy's magician, who let out a scream and turned to dust (Isaac: 6,600 - 700 = 5,900 LP).

"Now Corona Paladin Haslash, attack his Black Robe Mentalist!" said Sunset as her monster charged forward and took out another one of Isaac's magicians, "And since he destroyed your monster, his ability activates. So I'm adding another Sun-Ray Salamander."

"Two Tuners in her hand? Another Synchro monster?" wondered the boy.

"Now Solar Flare Phoenix, attack his Dark Magician the Dragon Knight!" said Sunset as she pointed her finger, the girl was looking to get rid of the more powerful monster on the boy's field.

"Not gonna happen; by sending my Swift Scarecrow from my hand to the Graveyard, I end the battle phase!" shouted Isaac as he managed to save his monster from being destroyed.


Swift Scarecrow
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 1
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 0
DEF: 0
Effect: When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; negate the attack, then end the Battle Phase.


"Nice one," muttered the girl to her opponent, "I now end my turn (Dark Magician the Dragon Knight: ATK 2300 + 700 = 3000)."

Turn 10: Isaac - Hand: 5

"Then it's my move, so here goes!" said Isaac as he drew his card, "I now activate the Pendulum ability of my Sorcerer Swordsman. I can add monsters from my Graveyard to my hand, so long as their Levels fall between the Scale I have. So I'm taking back my Dark Magician Girl."

"Impossible!" shouted Sunset as she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Yeesh, this Isaac knows how ta play his cards perfectly." said Applejack as she was giving massive props to the boy for how skillful he was showing himself to be.

"So time to Pendulum Summon again, take the stage, Dark Magician Girl (2000/1700) and Black Robe Mentalist (1700/1300)!" Just like that, the boy had his two previously destroyed magicians back on the field (Dark Magician Girl: ATK 2000 + 300 = 2300). "I then activate my Mentalist's ability." Isaac looked at the top three cards of his Deck and selected the one he wanted.

"Dark Magician the Dragon Knight, lay waste to her Princess Daydream." ordered Isaac. His monster powered up its sword and fired a magic beam that took out Sunset's monster (Sunset Shimmer: 7,600 - 700 = 6,900 LP).

"Dark Magician Girl, attack her Corona Paladin Haslash!" The girl fired another magic attack from her wand, taking out her target (Sunset Shimmer: 6,900 - 200 = 6,700 LP).

"I end my turn."

Turn 11: Sunset - Hand: 6

"It's my move." said Sunset as she looked at her deck. She placed her hand on the top card and took a deep breath.

Please, give me something.

Sunset drew her card as she was banking on a game-changer. She turned over the card she drew and looked at it. It brought a smile to her face as she looked at her hand and plotted her next move.

"Time for me to take control of this Duel! Let's Pendulum Summon again; now I'm summoning my Sun-Ray Salamanders (100/100) (100/100) and Sunburn Magician!"


Sunburn Magician
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 5
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2000
DEF: 1000
Effect: You can Tribute this card, then target a monster you control: The targeted monster gains 1000 ATK and can attack twice until the End Phase.


"Let me guess, a Synchro Summon?" asked Isaac.

"Right on the money. So I tune one of my Level 1 Sun-Ray Salamanders with my Level 7 Solar Flare Phoenix!" The salamander turned into a single giant green ring as the phoenix flew into them (Level: 1 + 7 = 8), "With the slipperiness of the salamander and the undying bird, allow yourself to be born again! I Synchro Summon! Level 8! Solar Phoenix Rebirth!"


Solar Phoenix Rebirth
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 8
Type: Winged-Beast/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 3000
DEF: 2500
Effect: 1 Tuner monster + "Solar Flare Phoenix"
Once per turn: Increase your LP by 1000.


"Still not enough." said Isaac.

"Well, I'm not finished. First, let me activate my Phoenix Rebirth's ability; once per turn, I gain 1,000 Life Points!" informed Sunset (Sunset Shimmer: 6,700 + 1,000 = 7,700 LP).

"Then I'm gonna play Monster Reborn to bring back my Sun-Ray Salamander. And now I'm gonna Synchro Summon again! I tune both my Salamanders with my Solar Phoenix Rebirth!" announced Sunset as she pointed to the sky. Sunset's two lizards turned into giant green rings as her bird soared between them (Level 1 + 1 + 8 = 10), "With the two slippery salamanders and the reborn phoenix, I call upon the greatest ruler of friendship! I Synchro Summon! Solar Monarch-Friendship Phoenix!" shouted the girl as a brand new monster appeared.


Solar Monarch-Friendship Phoenix
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 10
Type: Winged-Beast/Synchro
ATK: 3500
DEF: 3000
Effect: 2 Tuners + "Solar Phoenix Rebirth"


"3500 attack points? Aw yeah!" shouted Rainbow with delight as Sunset regained control of the Duel.

"Knew she had a plan." smiled Golden.

"Now, I activate my Sunburn Magician's special ability. By Tributing him, I can not only give my Friendship Phoenix an extra 1,000 attack points but can now attack twice." said the girl as her monster vanished and powered up her firebird (Solar Monarch-Friendship Phoenix: ATK 3500 + 1000 = 4500).

"Now, Friendship Phoenix burn up his Dragon Knight!" ordered Sunset.

The bird screeched as it set itself on fire and flew into the air. It made a ring of fire that trailed it and descended. It was like a meteor coming at the monster as it exploded upon impact (Isaac: 5,900 - 1,500 = 4,400 LP).

"Now attack his Dark Magician Girl!" said Sunset as her monster went for its second attack (Isaac: 4,400 - 2,200 = 2,200 LP).

"Sunset now has the lead!" said Rainbow as she was excited about that.

"I now end my turn."

Turn 12: Isaac - Hand: 5

"My move," said Isaac as he drew his card. "I'll activate the Pendulum ability of my Sorcerer Swordsman and retrieve my Dark Magician from the Graveyard." The boy's Duel Disk slotted out his card as he grabbed it.

"I then activate the ability of my Black Robe Mentalist."

"He must be looking to get a certain card if he's doing so much searching..." said Sunset to herself as she watched Isaac pick the card he wanted.

"I then play two cards facedown and end my turn." said the boy.

"That's it?" said Sunset.

"What's wrong?" snickered Isaac.

Turn 13: Sunset - Hand: 3

"Nothing, it's my move!" said Sunset as she drew her card, "I'm gonna Pendulum Summon my Corona Paladin Strider and Solar Flare Phoenix!"

"I reveal my facedown, Spell Shattering Arrow!" said Isaac. "Now I destroy all Spell cards you have on the field, and you take 500 points of damage for each one. And since your pendulum cards count as Spell cards when they're in the Pendulum Zones, they're fair game!"

An arrow appeared as it zoomed ahead. It split into two and took out Sunset's Pendulum cards as it destroyed her Scale (Sunset Shimmer: 7,700 - 1,000 = 6,700 LP).

"I may not have my Scale, but I still have monsters to fight with. So, Corona Paladin Strider, take out his Black Robe Mentalist!" ordered Sunset as her monster was successful and left the boy wide open.

"Solar Monarch-Friendship Phoenix, attack him directly!" shouted Sunset.

"Yes, Sunset did it!" shouted Rainbow.

The others were also cheering as it seemed the girl was just moments away from winning. While the rest of the girl's teammates celebrated prematurely, Golden had a serious look. He glanced at Isaac as he knew someone like him would not have let an attack that powerful connect. He then looked at the facedown that the boy had previously set. He assumed it must have been to save him, but he was wrong.

"I activate the effect of my Electromagnetic Turtle! By banishing it from my Graveyard, I end the battle phase!" stated Isaac as he avoided losing the Duel.

"I end my turn." smiled Sunset.

Turn 14: Isaac - Hand: 6

"Then it's my move; I draw! The first thing is I'm using the ability of my Sorcerer Swordsman to retrieve my Dark Magician Girl from my Graveyard and my Dark Magician the Dragon Knight. However, since it's a Fusion Monster, it goes to my Extra Deck instead of staying in my hand." said Isaac as his Duel Disk slotted out his cards. He took his Fusion Monster and slotted it back into the Extra Deck compartment of his Duel Disk.

"Why bring back a Fusion Monster?" asked Sunset.

"I'll then play Swords of Revealing Light! Which means you can't attack for three turns!" Three shining swords of light came from the sky as they embedded themselves onto Sunset's field.

"It feels like you're running out of options." said Sunset.

"Is that so?" said Isaac as he kept his cool demeanor, "Well then, I better do something. Like this, I play the Spell card, Pendulum Replacement.


Pendulum Replacement
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Send 1 Pendulum Monster from 1 of your Pendulum Zones to your Extra Deck face-up, and if you do; place 1 Pendulum Monster from your Deck to your empty Pendulum Zone.


"So by sending one of my Pendulum cards to my Extra Deck face up, I can replace it with another one from my Deck. So I'll remove my Sorcerer Swordsman and replace him with my Sleight of Hand Magician."

A new magician appeared; he had a deck of cards levitating around him, and he wore an outfit that resembled a blackjack dealer. The monster rose in the column of light; as his number appeared in front.


Sleight of Hand Magician
Attribute: DARK
Level: 6
Pendulum Scale: 2
Type: Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK: 2100
DEF: 1500
Pendulum Effect: Twice per turn: You can target 1 monster you control; change the Level of the targeted monster to that of another monster you control.
Effect: Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card from your hand; you can negate and destroy a card on your opponent's side of the field of the card type as the one you discarded (Monster, Spell, or Trap).


"I end my turn."

Turn 15: Sunset - Hand: 3

"That's it?" shouted Sunset as they turned the corner.

"Guess I got nothing else to play." responded Isaac with a smile.

"Now I know that's a lie." said Sunset out loud as she looked ahead.

"It's almost time, Isaac." whispered Principal Cinch as she knew what the boy was going to do. The pieces were all in place, and all it required was Isaac to initiate the sequence.

"Seeing as how I can't do anything about your swords, I'm gonna place these two cards facedown and end my turn," said Sunset.

This is it. I've got this duel in the bag. All Isaac needs to do is launch one single attack, and the rest of his Life Points will burn up. And just in case, I have the second card as a backup plan. Either way, he's lost.

Turn 16: Isaac - Hand: 6

Isaac was shown having his eyes closed as he continued to ride. All around him, there was nothing but silence. Nothing but the wind in his face and a voice. A voice, calling out to him.

"Are you ready?"

"Oh yeah." the boy responded as he put his hand on his deck. "Time to lose, Sunset. I draw!" shouted Isaac; when he pulled his card, it had a white light trailing it.

"Do it!" shouted Principal Cinch as the time was now.

"What's going on?" said Golden as he could feel his cards responding to Isaac's aura.

Looks like the showoff's about to pull out a big one!

"Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for a move like no other. And with my Pendulum Scale all set, it's time for the show to reach its finale. So time for my Pendulum Scale to work its magic!" shouted Isaac as the thing began to swing. "I'm allowed to summon monsters from Levels 3 through 9 all at the same time. Back and forth, to and fro, what's coming next? You'll all soon know! So swing far, Pendulum, and carve the arc that will lead me to victory! My monsters are ready to swing into action!" Isaac thrust his hand into the air as five lights emerged from the giant portal above him.

"Prepare to have your fortune told; it's my Black Robe Mentalist (1700/1300)! Batten down the hatches and drop anchor; it's my Sorcerer Swordsman (1500/1500)! Sing us a melodious song, Enchantress of Melody (900/1800)! Make way for the lady of the hour, Dark Magician Girl (2000/1700)! And lastly, the star monster of our show, Dark Magician (2500/2100)!" shouted Isaac as he had a field full of monsters.

"Five monsters?!!" shouted both students' teammates.

"He Pendulum Summoned five monsters?" gasped Sunset with slight fear in her eyes.

"How?" said Golden as he almost lost his grip on his deck.

That BUG is really starting to bug me!!

"To start, I'm activating my Black Robe Mentalist's ability. So since I've got five monsters, I can look at the top five cards of my deck and add one to my hand!" said Isaac as he picked them up and took the one he wanted.

"Now my Sorcerer Swordsman's ability activates since he was Pendulum Summoned; I can now lower one of your monster's attack points to zero. And I choose your Monarch-Friendship Phoenix!" said Isaac.

"No!" spoke Sunset.

"Do it, bud!"

"Aye, aye, Captain!" said Sorcerer Swordsman as he plunged his silver sword into the ground. The magic infused made cracks on the ground as they trailed to Sunset's monster and zapped all of its strength. "Now I'll activate my Enchantress of Melody's ability, so I roll a die, and if it lands on numbers 1-3, then I can either decrease or increase one of my monster's levels."

A die appeared in Isaac's hand as he closed it. He soon felt the hand of his enchantress as she smiled. The pair nodded as they tossed the die into the air.

"Dice Roll!" shouted the pair. The die rolled as it bounced before landing on a side with the number one on it. "With that number 1, I'll decrease my Enchantress' level, so now she's Level 2," said Isaac as his monster strummed her harp to change her own level (Enchantress of Melody: Level 3 - 1 = 2). "Now time to activate my Sleight of Hand Magician's Pendulum ability; twice per turn, he can change the level of a monster on my field to match that of another. So Sleight of Hand, use your cards tricks and change my Sorcerer Swordsman and Black Robe Mentalist, so they match my Dark Magician (Sorcerer Swordsman: Level 4 > 7) (Black Robe Mentalist: Level 4 > 7)!"

"He's doing Level manipulation!!" said Golden, as he had never seen this, nor could he do this.

This PRICK is making it VERY HARD not to knock him off his ride and strangle him till he stops breathing!! Golden is barely even controlling his dark thoughts anymore.

"No...way!" said Sunset in awe as she looked at Isaac. Her skill was paling in comparison to his at this point.

"Now I'll Overlay my now Level 7 Sorcerer Swordsman and Level 7 Black Robe Mentalist to build the Overlay Network!" shouted Isaac as both of his monsters then changed into dark orbs as they hovered in the air. Soon a portal opened up in front of him as the orbs disappeared inside, as a pillar of light emerged. "With the warrior magician and mentalist of the black robe, I call upon the mightiest of spellcasters! I Xyz Summon! Rank 7! Ebon Illusion Magician (2500/2100)!" Isaac's monster appeared as he opened his eyes and had his staff in his hands.

"Now, I'll tune my Level 2 Enchantress of Melody with my Dark Magician. And since I'm using Dark Magician as a Synchro Material, he counts as Level 6 instead of 7." Isaac's enchantress then played her harp once more (Dark Magician: Level 7 > 6) as she turned into two giant green rings as they circled his ace monster (Level 2 + 6 = 8). "With my melodious mage and greatest wizard, I unite them to create one of the greatest magicians! I Synchro Summon! Level 8! Dark Sorcerer Magician (2500/2100)!" stated the boy as the monster that he was summoning wore a white magician's robes and had a staff with bits of stardust floating around it.

"Next, I play Monster Reborn to bring back my Dark Magician (2500/2100). And then follow it up by playing Dark Magic Veil, so I pay 1,000 life points to summon my Dark Magician Girl (2000/1700)!" said Isaac as both of his top monsters appeared (Isaac: 2,200 - 1,000 = 1,200 LP).

"I then play, Eye of Timaeus! And so I'll combine it with my Dark Magician!" shouted Isaac as he held his card up high as a bright white light came from it. "With the mighty wizard and the eye of the mighty dragon, I merge them to create the grandest of magic knights! I Fusion Summon! Dark Magician the Dragon Knight (3000/2500)!" Isaac's monster emerged as his magician rode on the back of Timaeus; as he wielded a sword, it let out a roar.

And just like that...everyone was silent as their minds were blown apart. Stunned silence came over the entire field as they processed what they saw. None more so than Sunset, the girl, had a front-row view of what Isaac did as she remained dead silent.

"Pendulum, Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz?!" said Sunset in awe. "No...no...no!"

The cards in Golden's hand dropped and scattered at the boy's feet. He didn't notice that he dropped his allies as Golden was stunned by what he saw. It was so much that he dropped to his knees in disbelief, the boy putting his hands to the floor as he breathed heavily. He remembered the conversation with the girls at the party before the games started.

"But...even so. Someone can't know all of the summoning methods. Right?"

Principal Cinch looked over as she saw Golden on his knees. The sight made her grin the biggest as she relished the boy, realizing he wasn't special anymore.

"Checkmate." said the woman while looking at Golden.

Get up, man! You're embarrassing us!

"I'll then play this, Pot of Greed, to draw two cards. Next, I play Dark Magic Twin Burst. So now my Dark Magician Girl gives my Dark Magician the Dragon Knight a power boost equal to her Attack Points. But don't forget, she gets an extra 300 'cause my Dark Magician is in the Graveyard." said Isaac as his monster received a huge power boost (Dark Magician Girl: ATK 2000 + 300 = 2300) (Dark Magician the Dragon Knight: ATK 3000 + 2300 = 5300).

"I'm not done; I now play Thousand Knives to destroy your Firewall Defender!" said Isaac as he got rid of another monster on Sunset's field.

"One more thing, when I Synchro Summon my Dark Sorcerer Magician, he can destroy one Spell or Trap on the field. So say goodbye to your facedown on the left!" Isaac pointed as his magician took out its target. The thing was that facedown it took out was the one Sunset was banking on as the girl was now completely defenseless with no way of winning.

The boy now rode along the track with all of his monsters by his side. The sight alone would make anyone tremble. The aura that surrounded Isaac began to glow brighter than ever before.

"You lose, Sunset. Dark Magician Girl, attack her Corona Paladin Strider!" (Sunset Shimmer: 6,700 - 600 = 6,100 LP)

"Now, Ebon Illusion Magician, it's your turn. Attack her Solar Monarch-Friendship Phoenix!" said Isaac as his next magician blasted Sunset's bird off the field. (Sunset Shimmer: 6,100 - 2,500 = 3,600 LP)

"Dark Sorcerer Magician, attack her Solar Flare Phoenix!" declared Isaac as he had his next magician attack as both monsters had the same points. "Now, my monster's ability activates when it battles a monster, it can cut the monster's strength in half and absorb it!" The boy's magician aimed its staff at Sunset's other bird as it lost some strength (Solar Flare Phoenix: ATK 2500 ÷ 2 = 1250) (Dark Sorcerer Magician: ATK 2500 + 1250 = 3750) before being taken out (Sunset Shimmer: 3,600 - 2,500 = 1,100 LP).

Sunset was wobbling as her runner was flashing red. The girl was struggling to keep her ride steady. Isaac was closing in like a shark smelling blood as he crept up on Sunset. The girl saw him as it seemed she was about to be defeated.

"As I said, you lose." Isaac snapped his fingers. That served as the signal to his ace magician to go in for the kill on the girl.

The monster was moments away from attacking Sunset as the girl noticed her last facedown. It was a long shot, but she had no choice.

"I reveal my facedown, Cross Attack! So now you take the same amount of damage that I'm taking!" said Sunset, if she couldn't win, then at least she'd tie.

Or...so she thought.

Sunset looked at Isaac as the girl's move didn't faze the boy. Instead, he was calm. It frightened Sunset as she felt he should be upset that what he said about her losing was wrong. However, she saw Isaac's finger hovering above a button. It seemed like the boy had one last trick up his sleeve. This confused Sunset.

What's he doing? Why is he so calm? Doesn't he realize he failed to defeat me? I just tied, so neither of us will lose, but neither will win. So...why isn't he worried!!!!

At that moment, Sunset remembered something.


"I play Graceful Charity. So I draw three cards and discard two," said Isaac. The flashback froze for a sec to show the cards Isaac sent as one of them had a purple color scheme.


No, no! There's no way. He played Graceful Charity which allowed him to draw three cards and discard two. One of them had to be Electromagnetic Turtle because I never sent that card to the Graveyard. So if that's one of the cards he got rid of, the other one must be something that can stop my Trap! But...he played it so early in the Duel. Could he have predicted this far ahead? Could he have predicted that I would do something like this and have a Trap waiting for me?!! There's no way!!!

Isaac's sadistic smile ate at Sunset as her heart gave out.

There's no way!!!!

Sunset's Trap went off as Isaac purposely chose not to activate the card effect he wanted. A huge explosion went off as it covered the entire track. Everybody had to turn away to avoid being blinded. It lasted for a few moments as they looked back. A smoke cloud appeared as it was the only thing visible. Soon two figures came racing out of it. It was none other than Isaac and Sunset, as the two Turbo Duelists had scuff marks on their outfits and faces but were otherwise okay. It showed their life points counters for all to see.

Sunset Shimmer: 0 LP
Isaac: 0 LP
DRAW

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's unbelievable to think. But, it's a tie!" said Luna over the P.A. system as that got both schools to mumble. This was the last result they expected to see, especially when Isaac was in firm control of the Duel and was the favorite to win.

"He failed?!!" growled Sour Sweet.

"No, he didn't. Isaac actually won." said Enix to himself as he knew the boy's plan as he slipped into the shadows.

"You did a marvelous job, Isaac." smiled Principal Cinch to herself as she, too, knew what her student did.

Isaac and Sunset pulled to the pit stop as they took off their helmets. The girl threw her helmet to the ground and got off her bike, all pissed off. She approached Isaac, gingerly taking off his helmet as he faced the bacon-haired girl. Before he could say anything, Sunset grabbed him by his collar as she was seething.

"What did you do?!!" growled the girl.

"What, that's how you repay me for having a fun Duel?" smiled Isaac.

"Don't play games with me! You knew I had a Trap waiting to activate. You knew that! And you had something to counter that! So why didn't you play it?!!!" shouted Sunset.

"Maybe, I chose not to. Hmm. Maybe, it wasn't so much that I wanted to win, but rather make a statement." said Isaac as he put his hands on Sunset's and grabbed hold of them. The girl could feel the boy's strength as he made her let go of him as she was being overpowered, "To make a statement. To not just you, not just your friends, but also Golden."

"What kind of power do you have?" asked Sunset as she backed up a bit.

"Power? I don't have any power. I just have skill and a whole lot of talent." said Isaac as he got off his ride with his helmet in hand and began to walk. He was leaving to change his outfit when he stopped to address Sunset with his back turned to her.

"You need to step up your game, Sunset. Because if I was really fixated on winning the Duel, I would have beaten you on my second turn." Isaac's statement made Sunset gasp.

"So, you just toyed with me? You made me look like a fool?!!" shouted the girl.

"I didn't make you look like a fool. You did that yourself," responded the boy, "If you truly want to be the best, Sunset. You have to get better. Either step up or step aside. You gotta be willing to break through that glass ceiling and grab that brass ring. Someone said to me: Be willing to do whatever it takes. Be willing to do anything and prove to everyone why you're the man. Prove you've got what it takes to be the top Duelist. If you want to be even a speck of a Duelist like Golden, you need that ruthless aggression you so badly lack."

Isaac began to walk as Sunset was taking in the words by Isaac. While she was still angry with him, his words rang true. More true than she could ever possibly imagine.

I will have my rematch with you, Isaac. You can bet your ass it will happen. And when it does, I'm going to beat you. That's a promise.

Isaac was about to exit the track when he stopped. He lifted his head and turned his body in a certain direction. The boy was now looking at Golden as the two boys stared down at one another despite being far away. The expressions on their faces showed that both couldn't wait to settle the beef they had with each other on the Dueling Field. Both couldn't wait to tear each other apart.

Isaac's number felt the way its owner felt as she appeared beside him. She, too, looked up and saw Golden. The message she was getting from the supposed "golden boy" of CHS was one of darkness and despair.

You want my Number, Golden, huh? Well, come and get it, bitch boy. 'Cause the only way you're ever gonna get it is you pry it from my cold, dead body. I'm not planning on losing my friend to you.

Once more, all the monsters from each boy's decks appeared beside their masters. Like before, both sides glared at each other as the great battle was fast approaching.

...I'M GOING TO KILL THAT FUCKER. Golden subconsciously agreed with his darkness for once.

Isaac was about to head to the locker room when Principal Cinch stopped him. The woman smiled as the boy's Duel was nothing short of amazing. She approached him and patted his shoulder.

"Good job. You didn't let me down." said the woman as Isaac did what he needed to do. And that was to put doubt and fear in CHS as he just showed them that Sunset was in a losing battle against the boy.

"Whatever." said the teen as he began to walk away; he did what Cinch was hoping he'd do, and that was to give CHS a hard reality check.


Enix POV

Meanwhile, Enix gets dressed in his Turbo Duel attire as Shinkokuna relayed the plan to him and his subordinates. As Shinkokuna drones on, Enix opened one of the lockers CHS allowed him to have for the Friendship Games and saw a picture of him and an almost familiar fiery haired girl.

Wait for me Sunny...wait for me...

"You're worried about her...aren't you?" Jack said from behind Enix.

Enix was silent, but then spoke, "Yeah...ever since we escaped from the castle, I've looked all over for her and couldn't find her. My worst fear is that she could be dead."

"Don't worry about it, Enix. I'm sure she's alive and well somewhere. If we capture Applejack SUI-871, we'll interrogate her, I believe we can use your card and her card to help her see reason."

"He does have a point," Lucky Clover began, "I may be the newbie in this whole trans-dimensional war thing, but I wanna the first to say...I don't know what the fuck is going on here."

"Of course you don't, you're a Phantom Thief." Enix sharply said.

"And damn proud of it!"

"From my understanding, you're basically a burglar."

"MIRACLE MAKER!! TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!"

Just then, the loudspeaker crackled to life, //Attention remaining Turbo Duelists. The final Turbo Duel is about to begin. Enix, Rainbow Dash, please make your way to the track.// the computer AI declared before the loudspeaker shut down once again.

"Guess it's showtime." Enix said as he grabbed his helmet.

"Wait!" Jack stopped him, "Applejack will be watching this, right?"

"True...hmm...I got it. Lucky Clover. Hand over two sticks of your image gum."

"Sure." he tossed the aforementioned items to him, "Why do ya need 'em?"

"Lucky Clover, while I'm Turbo Dueling, I want you to snoop around the school and find anything out of place."

Lucky tinkered with his mask and activated a special feature in its visor, "Way ahead of you!" with that, he left.

"What do I do?" Jack asked.

"I got a special favor for you."


3rd Person POV

Rainbow Dash sat on her Runner on the track, waiting quite impatiently for her opponent. While she did so, she began to think and reminisce; about everything that happened up to this point, all her Duels, helping her friends fine tune their decks, getting beat up by the Phantom Swordsman...

It was that final thought that made her pause. The Phantom Swordsman. She trembled in anger, just hearing that name pisses her off.

I gotten beat by the Phantom Swordsman guy, he used three specific monsters, sent me, my teammates, and Flash to the hospital, and how Enix took Golden's first Barian Number card when that guy showed up outta nowhere. And Enix...he keeps giving me more questions; all the times we had to face a Barian Number, he was there, even before then, he was snooping around where he wasn't wanted, like he belongs here. If he isn't from around here, then where did he come from?

Rainbow then resolved to discover the truth about Enix and why he's doing whatever he's doing. At that moment, Enix's Duel Runner revved behind her as he pulled up to the starting line.

"Hey." Rainbow turned to face Enix as he continued, "May the best Duelist win."

"I plan to." Rainbow turned her head away.

Enix looked up into the crowd and saw Applejack staring down at him with a malicious smirk and waved slowly.

I figured you'd show up. he thought.

//Duel Mode engaged. Autopilot standing by.// the computer AI spoke.

Both competitors revved their engines, ready to speed forward. Then they both declared with the AI:

//Ready...set...Duel!//
"Ready...set...Duel!"
"Ready...set...Duel!"

With that, Enix and Rainbow raced onward, trying to get the first turn of the Turbo Duel, and while Rainbow held the lead, Enix sped past her with relative ease, landing him the first turn once he past the bend.

"And Enix gets the first turn!" Vice Principal Luna said via the loudspeaker.

Rainbow Dash: 8,000 LP
Enix: 8,000 LP

Turn 1: Enix - Hand: 5

"I draw!" Enix began, " First I'll play the Spell card, A Hero Lives."


A Hero Lives
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you control no face-up monsters: Pay half your LP; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck.


"By paying half my Life Points, I can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower 'Elemental HERO' monster from my Deck. I Special Summon Clayman, in defense mode!" a clay stone warrior (800/2000) appeared and knelt in front of Enix (Enix: 8,000 ÷ 2 = 4,000 LP), "Next, I play the Spell card Sacred Sword of Seven Stars."


Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Banish 1 Level 7 monster from your hand of face-up from your side of the field; draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Sacred Sword of Seven Stars" per turn.


"By banishing my Bladedge, I can draw two new cards!" Enix drew his cards, "Next, I summon Elemental HERO Wildheart!" a bulky warrior with a deep tan, tribal tattoos and a sword on his back (1500/1600) stood next to Enix, "Next, I play the Spell card, HERO's Bond to Special Summon 2 Elemental HERO monsters from my hand!"


HERO's Bond
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If there is a face-up "HERO" monster on the field: Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower "Elemental HERO" monsters from your hand.


"I Special Summon Elemental HERO Heat in attack mode and Elemental HERO Shadow Mist in defense mode!" Two superhero monsters came out; Heat looked to be a man who has the power of fire, ready for battle, and Shadow Mist looked to be a woman with long blue hair and black body armor, defending herself.


Elemental HERO Heat
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 4
Type: Pyro/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1200
Effect: This card gains 200 ATK for each "Elemental HERO" monster you control.


Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 1500
Effect: If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 "HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Elemental HERO Shadow Mist". You can only use 1 "Elemental HERO Shadow Mist" effect per turn, and only once that turn.


"Since Shadow Mist is Special Summoned, I add one Quick-Play "Change" Spell from my Deck to my hand." The Deck spat out a card which Enix grabbed, "And Heat's special effect activates! He gains 200 attack power for each 'Elemental HERO' I control!" Heat's flames grow considerably bigger around him (Elemental HERO Heat: ATK 1600 + 600 = 2200), "I'll play two cards facedown and end my turn." Two holographic facedown cards appeared on each side of Enix's Duel Runner.

Turn 2: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 5

"It's my turn! Draw!" Rainbow drew her starting card.

"Before you go rushing in, I activate my Trap card!" one of the cards Enix had revealed itself, "Elemental Recharge!"


Elemental Recharge
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Gain 1000 Life Points for each face-up "Elemental HERO" monster you control.


"If you thought I was just going to fight you with only four thousand Life Points, you have another thing coming!" Enix's Life Points suddenly skyrocketed back to their maximum (Enix: 4,000 + 4,000 = 8,000 LP).

"What the heck?!?" Rainbow blurted out.

"Unbelievable!" Vice Principal Luna declared, "Not only has he sacrificed half his Life Points to summon some monsters, but now with just one card, Enix has boosted himself back to his original state! Now THAT'S Dueling, students!"

"If you think that's cool, wait till you see this! I activate my other facedown!" the last facedown revealed itself, "Mask Change!"


Mask Change
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 "HERO" monster you control; send it to the GY, also, after that, if it left the field by this effect, Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" monster from your Extra Deck with the same Attribute that the sent monster had when it was on the field (its original Attribute, if face-down).


"By sending my Shadow Mist to the Graveyard, I can Special Summon one 'Masked HERO' from my Extra Deck with the same Attribute!"

"C'mon! Wait your own turn!" Rainbow complained.

"This is a Quick-Play Spell, even if it wasn't facedown on the field, I could've played it at any given time! Shadow Mist! Transform yourself into...Masked HERO Anki!" Shadow Mist disappeared and became another warrior with even darker armor, clawed hands and feet, and a single horn on its forehead.


Masked HERO Anki
Attribute: DARK
Level: 8
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2800
DEF: 1200
Effect: Must be Special Summoned by "Mask Change". This card can attack directly, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is halved. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the GY: You can add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Masked HERO Anki" once per turn.


"Now I activate Shadow Mist's ability! When she's sent to the Graveyard, I can add one 'HERO' monster from my Deck to my hand, except a copy of Shadow Mist!" The Duel Disk spat out another card and Enix grabbed it, adding it to his hand, "Also, since Shadow Mist left the field, Heat's Attack Points lower a bit!" Enix finished (Elemental HERO Heat: ATK 2200 - 200 = 2000), but jolts a little as he felt something weird flicker in the card he drew. Well, that's odd...

"You done yet? Good, my turn for real!" Rainbow looked at her cards, Dude's got a strong defense and an even stronger offense. So I'm gonna need something that's WAY stronger! "First, I'm gonna summon Raidraptor - Sharp Lanius from my hand!" a red and black mechanical bird (1700/1000) flew next to Rainbow, "When he's summoned, I can switch an attack position monster into defense position! And I choose your Masked HERO Anki!" Anki has now went from standing to kneeling, "Then I activate the Spell card, Raidraptor - Call! When I have a 'Raidraptor' monster on my field, I can Special Summon another copy of that same monster from my Deck or hand, and I choose another Sharp Lanius from my Deck!" a second red and black bird (1700/1000) appeared at Rainbow's other side, "And just like before, I can change one of your monsters from attacking to defending! Now I choose Elemental HERO Heat!" Heat kneeled just like Anki did before, "Next, I activate the effect of Raidraptor - Strangle Lanius from my hand! When I control a DARK-Attributed monster, I can Special Summon it from my hand, under the condition that I can't Special Summon any more monster's unless they're DARK-Attribute!" a white, gold, and grey machine-like bird appeared in front of Rainbow.


Raidraptor - Strangle Lanius
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1100
Effect: If you control a DARK monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except DARK monsters. If you control an Xyz Monster with a DARK Xyz Monster as material: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Raidraptor" monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated. You can only use each effect of "Raidraptor - Strangle Lanius" once per turn.


"With the stage now set, I Overlay my three Raidraptors!" Rainbow's machines turned into different hues of purple light and swirled into a red portal, "With the two razor-sharp avian machines and the bird of strangulation, I bring forth the falcon that soars on wings of courage, talons ready for the rebellion! I Xyz Summon! Rank 4! Raidraptor - Rise Falcon!" A giant black machine-like bird with three swirling lights (100/2000/OLU 3) appeared above Rainbow and her Runner, "I activate Rise Falcon's ability! By removing one Overlay Unit (Raidraptor - Rise Falcon: OLU 3 - 1 = 2), Rise Falcon can gain the Attack Points of one of your Special Summoned monsters! So I choose Anki!" Rise Falcon glowed and took a copy of Masked HERO Anki's strength and added it to his own (Raidraptor - Rise Falcon: ATK 100 + 2800 = 2900), "Not only that, but Rise Falcon can only attack every one of your Special Summoned monsters! And last I checked, you have three! Rise Falcon, attack! Ravaging Rebellion!"

Rise Falcon struck Anki, Heat, and Clayman down as it sped through them with its talons, leaving Enix with only Wildheart to protect him.

"I'll end my turn with two facedowns." Rainbow concluded.

Turn 3: Enix - Hand: 1

"My turn!" Enix drew, but now felt a weird static shock through his body, There it is again... "I'll switch my Wildheart to Defense Mode and end my turn!"

"WHAAAAAAAT?!?!" Crystal Prep yelled from the stands.

Turn 4: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 1

"That's it? Whatever, I draw!" Rainbow played her newest card, "I play Card of Sanctity!"


Card of Sanctity (anime)
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Each player draws until they have 6 cards in their hand.


"You played that card so we would each have six in our hands?" Enix inquired as he drew, feeling another bad shock in his body, Every time I draw a "Destiny HERO" card, a strange power flows through them...my "Destiny HERO" cards never did that...unless! Enix suddenly remembered Applejack SUI-871's smirk, Applejack! She used her weapon on my cards! But I can't stop the Duel now! I'll just have to give her a wide berth!

"Yeah, but I was hoping you wouldn't have wasted all the cards in your hand like that, so I'd give you less resources, but oh well, live and learn." Rainbow said as she drew as well, "Okay, I summon Raidraptor - Napalm Draconius!" An orange and silver machine bird appeared next to Rise Falcon.


Raidraptor - Napalm Dragonius
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 1000
Effect: Once per turn: You can inflict 600 damage to your opponent, also you cannot activate monster effects for the rest of this turn, except "Raidraptor" monsters. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Raidraptor" monster from your Deck, but its effects are negated.


"Now, once per turn, he can deal damage to you, six-hundred points worth that is! But the downside is that I can't activate monster effects unless they're 'Raidraptor' monster effects." Napalm breathed fire on Enix as he struggled to retain control of his Runner (Enix: 8,000 - 600 = 7,400 LP).

"Not bad, but you've got a long way to go to defeat me."

"Maybe so, but I can still do some more damage! Rise Falcon! Attack his Wildheart!" Rise Falcon charged at and destroy Enix's only monster, "Now Napalm Draconius, attack him directly! Blazing Flamethrower!" Napalm flew towards Enix and breathed fire on him again, this time much stronger, causing him to begin losing control of his Runner (Enix: 7,400 - 1,000 = 6,400 LP), "I'll end my turn with another facedown."

Turn 5: Enix - Hand: 6

"Good, my draw!" Enix drew his card, "I activate the Spell card, Polymerization! I fuse my Avian and Burstinatrix to Fusion Summon, Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer!" The two warriors merged into a fiery man with a bird-like helmet and wings, and a claw on his right hand.


Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 6
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2100
DEF: 1200
Effect: "Elemental HERO Avian" + "Elemental HERO Burstinatrix"
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed by battle.


"Now Phoenix Enforcer, attack Napalm Draconius!" The flaming birdman charged the machine.

"I activate the Trap, Raidraptor - Readiness!" Rainbow revealed her Trap card, "For the rest of this turn, Raidraptor monsters are not destroyed by battle!"

"True, but you still take damage from the battle, though." Enix clarified as the attack went through to Rainbow, nearly knocking her off her own Runner (Rainbow Dash: 8,000 - 1,100 = 6,900 LP), "I'll end my turn with two facedowns. You're up!"

Turn 6: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 4

"Alright! My draw!" Rainbow drew, "First off, if all monsters I control are Raidraptors, I can Special Summon this: Raidraptor - Heel Eagle!" A purple and grey machine bird with amber orbs in its joints appeared next to Rise Falcon.


Raidraptor - Heel Eagle
Attribute: DARK
Level: 3
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
ATK: 700
DEF: 700
Effect: If all monsters you control are "Raidraptor" monsters (min. 1): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 "Raidraptor" Spell/Trap in your GY; add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Raidraptor - Heel Eagle" once per turn.


"Now, I summon Raidraptor - Skull Eagle from my hand!" A machine bird similar to Heel Eagle appeared on the other side of Rise Falcon, except its color scheme is black, white, and pink.


Raidraptor - Skull Eagle
Attribute: DARK
Level: 3
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 500
Effect: If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Raidraptor" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Skull Eagle" once per turn. An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as Xyz Material gains this effect.
●If it is Xyz Summoned: It gains 300 ATK.


"And like before, I'm gonna Overlay these two bad boys!" Rainbow declared, her two monster turning into purple swirling lights and flying into a red portal, "With the avian of heel and the avian of skulls, I call upon a fiendish rebellion! I Xyz Summon! Rank 3! Raidraptor - Fiend Eagle, in Defense Mode!" A giant machine bird like Rise Falcon appeared except it was black and crimson red with gold spikes and two swirling lights.


Raidraptor - Fiend Eagle
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 3
Type: Winged Beast/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 0
Effect: 2 Level 3 "Raidraptor" monsters
You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK on the field. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Fiend Eagle" once per turn.


"And since I used Skull Eagle to Xyz Summon, it gains three hundred Attack Points!" Fiend Eagle suddenly grew in power (Raidraptor - Fiend Eagle: ATK 1000 + 300 = 1300), "I activate Fiend Eagle's ability! By using one Overlay Unit, I target one face-up Special Summoned monster you control, and deal you damage equal to that monster's original Attack Points! And since you only have one monster, I choose your Phoenix Enforcer!" A swirling light flew into Fiend Eagle (OLU: 2 - 1 = 1) as it began to glow and Phoenix Enforcer's own flames burst out towards Enix, nearly causing him to spin out (Enix: 6,400 - 2,100 = 4,300 LP).

"I'll end with another facedown. Your move!"

Turn 7: Enix - Hand: 2

"My draw!" Enix regained control of his Runner and drew, "You should've used your Rise Falcon to finish me off. So, allow me to finish the job. I play Polymerization!"

"Wait, didn't you already use that card?!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"I did. Did you really think I was stupid enough to have one copy of Polymerization? Now I fuse my Phoenix Enforcer and the Sparkman in my hand, in order to form...Elemental HERO Shining Phoenix Enforcer!" A newer version of Phoenix Enforcer appeared; everything about him was shining brightly, his wings more majestic, and the claw on his arm far sharper than before.


Elemental HERO Shining Phoenix Enforcer
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 8
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2100
Effect: "Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer" + "Elemental HERO Sparkman"
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 300 ATK for each "Elemental HERO" card in your Graveyard. This card cannot be destroyed by battle.


"Now Shining Phoenix Enforcer, attack Rise Falcon!" Enix ordered as his monster charged forward.

"What is he doing?! Rise Falcon is way stronger than bird boy there!" Rainbow said.

"Shining Phoenix Enforcer has a special ability; it gain three-hundred Attack Points for every 'Elemental HERO' card in my Graveyard. Do the math, jock strap." Shining Phoenix Enforcer became greatly stronger as it continued its attack (Elemental HERO Shining Phoenix Enforcer: ATK 2500 + 2400 = 4900).

"NO WAY!!!" The Canterlot High students in the stands screamed.

Rainbow's Rise Falcon was destroyed upon contact and nearly threw Rainbow off her Runner (Rainbow Dash: 6,900 - 2,000 = 4,900 LP).

"I'll end my turn. Let's see you recover from that."

"Oh, I'll do more than that! Before you end your turn, I play the Quick-Play Spell card, Rank-Up-Magic Doom Double Force!"


Rank-Up-Magic Doom Double Force
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard that was destroyed by battle and sent there this turn; Special Summon it, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 Xyz Monster that has twice the Rank of that monster, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)


"With this, I can Special Summon a 'Raidraptor' Xyz Monster that was destroyed this turn! Welcome back, Rise Falcon!" The aforementioned monster returned with a vengeance (100/2000), "But it won't stick around for long, my Rank-Up-Magic is still working its magic! Using Rise Falcon as an Overlay Unit, I can Xyz Summon another 'Raidraptor' Xyz Monster from my Extra Deck with a rank that's doubled from Rise Falcon! Go, Rank Up Xyz Evolution!" Rise Falcon turned into a purple swirling light and flew into a bigger red portal, which exploded in rainbow light, "With the fallen, yet re-risen falcon, I bring forth an avian that can obliterate the stars themselves! I Xyz Summon! Rank 8! Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon!!" A brand new machine appeared, though it looked like something out of a majestic sci-fi movie.


Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 8
Type: Winged Beast/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 3000
DEF: 2000
Effect: 2 Level 8 Winged Beast monsters
If this card is Xyz Summoned by using a "Raidraptor" monster as material: You can destroy all Spells and Traps your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation. Quick Effect: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; it loses 800 ATK for each "Raidraptor" monster in your GY.


"Now I activate Satellite Cannon Falcon's ability! If it was Xyz Summoned with 'Raidraptor' monsters, I can destroy all your Spells and Traps on the field! AND you can't chain any cards with its effect!"

"What?!" Enix blurted out.

And just like that, Enix's two facedown cards had disappeared into his Graveyard.

"Not. Good." Enix muttered as blue flames flickered in his vision.

Turn 8: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 2

"Now I draw!" Rainbow declared as she drew, "I activate Satellite Cannon Falcon's other ability! By removing one Overlay Unit (Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon: OLU 1 - 1 = 0), I can target your monster and it loses eight-hundred Attack Points for every 'Raidraptor' monster in my Graveyard! Now YOU count 'em up!" Shining Phoenix Enforcer suddenly felt extremely weak (Elemental HERO Shining Phoenix Enforcer: ATK 4900 - 4000 = 900).

"HUUUUUUH?!?!" The students of Crystal Prep shouted as CHS cheered.

"Impressive, but Shining Phoenix Enforcer can't be destroyed by battle!" Enix said.

"True, but like you said before, you're still gonna take damage! Satellite Cannon Falcon! Blast his Life Points away!" Rainbow's monster locked on to its target and fired at Shining Phoenix Enforcer, and like Enix said, it wasn't destroyed, but he still felt the blast as his Runner went into a near full-on spin out (Enix: 4,300 - 2,100 = 2,200 LP), "And I'll tighten the screws a bit more! I play Rank-Up-Magic Skip Force!"


Rank-Up-Magic Skip Force
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Raidraptor" monster that is 2 Ranks higher than that target, by using that target as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card and 1 "Raidraptor" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.


"This card allows me to Overlay my 'Raidraptor' Xyz Monster and Xyz Summon a new 'Raidraptor' Xyz Monster that's two ranks higher than itself! Go, Rank Up Xyz Evolution!" Satellite Cannon Falcon turned into a swirling light and flew into an even greater red portal, which exploded, "With the space falcon cannon, I give rise to the ultimate rebellious avian! I Xyz Summon! Rank 10! Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon!!!" A colossal, majestic robotic bird appeared above Rainbow that was blue and gold all over its metallic body.


Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 10
Type: Winged Beast/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 3500
DEF: 2000
Effect: 3 Level 10 Winged Beast monsters
Unaffected by other cards' effects. You can detach 1 material from this card; for the rest of this turn, all monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK, also your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. If this card has a "Raidraptor" monster as material, it gains this effect.
●Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can make all monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK, also if your opponent controls no face-up monsters, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.


"I'll end my turn with a facedown!" Rainbow concluded.

Turn 9: Enix - Hand: 1

"Not bad, but now it's my turn, I draw!" Enix drew his card.

"Ultimate Falcon's ability activated at the end of my turn! Your Enforcer loses 1,000 Attack Points!" Shining Phoenix Enforcer felt weak, as if he lost the will to go on (Elemental HERO Shining Phoenix Enforcer: ATK 900 - 1000 = 0).

"I'll switch my Enforcer to Defense Mode and that's it!" As Shining Phoenix Enforcer struggled itself into kneeling, the people of Crystal Prep began to jeer their "so-called second best".

Turn 10: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 1

"Man, you're gettin' desperate. Draw!" Rainbow drew.

"It's only a matter of time..." Enix suspiciously uttered.

"Whatev's. I play the Graceful Charity! I draw three new cards, then discard two!" Rainbow does so, but was careful about what she chose, "Since your defense is impenetrable right now, I'll end it there."

Turn 11: Enix - Hand: 2

"Here goes!" Enix drew as blue flame came off of the card, I don't remember putting this in my Deck...questions for later. "I play the Spell card Mask Charge!"


Mask Charge
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 "HERO" monster and 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card in your Graveyard; add them to your hand.


"It lets me take one 'HERO' monster and one 'Change' Quick-Play Spell from my Graveyard and add it straight to my hand!" Enix added the two cards, "So welcome back, Elemental HERO Avian!" The winged bird hero makes a reappearance (1000/1000), "Next, I play the Quick-Play Spell, Mask Change, to change Avian into...Masked HERO Divine Wind!" A green hero with a white, flowing cape appeared next to Enix.


Masked HERO Divine Wind
Attribute: WIND
Level: 8
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2700
DEF: 1900
Effect: Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be destroyed by battle. Your opponent can attack with only 1 monster during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card.


"Next, I activate the Quick-Play Spell, Form Change!"


Form Change
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster you control; return it to the Extra Deck, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Masked HERO" monster with the same Level as that monster's original Level, but with a different name. (This Special Summon is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change".)


"By sending my Shining Phoenix Enforcer to the Extra Deck, I can summon another HERO to join the fray!" Enforcer disappeared in a shimmer of light, "I call forth, Masked HERO Koga!" In Enforcer's place, the light died down to reveal a different hero; he had golden and white armor and like the others before him, he wore a mask.


Masked HERO Koga
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 8
Type: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2500
DEF: 1800
Effect: Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 500 ATK for each monster your opponent controls. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "HERO" monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; that target loses ATK equal to the ATK of the monster banished to activate this effect, until the end of this turn.


"I activate one of Masked HERO Koga's special abilities! He gain five-hundred Attack Points for every monster you control on the field! (Masked HERO Koga: ATK 2500 + 1000 = 3500), "Now I activate his other ability! By banishing one 'HERO' monster from my Graveyard, your Ultimate Falcon loses the Attack Points of the monster I banished! I choose Anki!" Ultimate Falcon's power sudden took a massive nosedive (Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon: ATK 3500 - 2800 = 700), "Now Divine Wind, attack Ultimate Falcon!" Divine Wind charged at Rainbow's monster.

"I activate Raidraptor - Readiness from my Graveyard! I take no damage this turn!"

"Even if you don't take damage, I'll still draw a card due to Divine Wind's ability." Enix stated as Ultimate Falcon exploded.

"Now I activate Raidraptor - Return!" One of Rainbow facedown cards flipped up.


Raidraptor - Return
Normal Trap Card
Effect: If a "Raidraptor" monster you control is destroyed by battle: Target 1 "Raidraptor" monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. If a face-up "Raidraptor" monster(s) you control is destroyed by card effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Raidraptor" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Return" once per turn.


"Since you destroyed my Falcon, I can add a 'Raidraptor' monster in my Graveyard and add it back to my hand! I choose Ultimate Falcon and return it to my Extra Deck!"

Enix drew his new card and the blue flames grew stronger this time, making him grunt in slight pain, "Just gotta hold out a little bit longer...I'll end my turn! See if you can counter my two new HERO monsters!"

Turn 12: Rainbow Dash - Hand: 2

"My draw!" Rainbow drew, "I play my Trap, Xyz Reborn!"


Xyz Reborn
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Target 1 Xyz Monster in your GY; Special Summon it, and if you do, attach this card to it as material.


"Now I bring back my Satellite Cannon Falcon and attach this Trap as an Overlay Unit!" With that, Satellite Cannon Falcon came back with one swirling light (3000/2000/OLU 1), "I activate Satellite Cannon Falcon's special ability! By removing the only Overlay Unit it has, I can lower your Koga's Attack Points!" Koga slumped forward as all his strength drained out of him (Masked HERO Koga: ATK 3500 - 4000 = 0), "Satellite Cannon Falcon, destroy Koga and win us this Duel!" Satellite Cannon Falcon charged up its attack and fired.

"Sorry, you're not getting rid of me that easily! I activate Koga's special ability to lower your monster's attack strength, by banishing my Phoenix Enforcer, your Falcon loses twenty-one hundred Attack Points!" Satellite Cannon Falcon's blast weakened quite a bit (Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon: ATK 3000 - 2100 = 900) as it blew up Koga and almost threw Enix off his Runner (Enix: 2,200 - 900 = 1,300 LP).

"Agggh!!" Enix groaned as the blue flames grew ever stronger, then he heard an ominous voice.

Play me! It is time we teach her!

"Who said that?!" Enix looked around wildly, then looked at his Deck, only to see ethereal blue flames growing on it, as if it was getting angrier and angrier, "I DRAW!! I play the Spell Card, Terraforming! It lets me add a Field Spell from my Deck to my hand, and I have the perfect one in mind...I play, the Field Spell, Clock Tower Prison!" Suddenly, a disturbingly dark clock tower had arisen from the center of the Duel Field.


Clock Tower Prison
Field Spell Card
Effect: Once per turn, during your opponent's Standby Phase: Place 1 Clock Counter on this card. While there are 4 or more Clock Counters on this card, you do not take any battle damage. If this card with 4 or more Clock Counters is destroyed and sent to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Destiny HERO - Dreadmaster" from your hand or Deck.


As the CHS students saw the tower rise up, and while they were intimidated by it, very few of them reacted to it the way Flash Sentry did, trembling in absolute fear, which Sunset noticed.

"Hey, Flash, what's wrong?" she asked him gently.

"I've seen that tower before...it was the night I landed in the hospital..." he answered, shakily.

"Hospital...?" it was then that it hit Sunset, "...Could Enix...really be...?"

"I must thank you, Rainbow Dash, for getting this far. I might even try my hardest against you. But know this: once you cross into MY domain..." Blue flames flashed in Enix's eyes, "THERE'S NO GOING BACK!!! I summon Destiny HERO - Doom Lord!!" An ominous-looking warrior with a cloak-like cape appeared atop the new clock tower.


Destiny HERO - Doom Lord
Attribute: DARK
Level: 3
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 600
DEF: 800
Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish that target. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. You must control this face-up Attack Position card to activate and to resolve this effect. The banished monster returns to the opponent's field during your 2nd Standby Phase after activation.


"Wait...Destiny HEROES?" Golden asked himself, "I remember one was used against me during my Duel with--" then it hit Golden as well, "...That bastard..."

Took you long enough to figure it out... Golden ignored his darkness and its snarky comment as he watched the Duel unfold.

"Now, Doom Lord, show them your true power." Doom Lord charges at Fiend Eagle.

"But wait! Fiend Eagle's Attack Points outmatch Doom Lord's!" Pinkie said, confused.

Doom Lord simply placed his hand on Fiend Eagle's face, and it vanished before everyone's eyes.

"WHAT THE?!?!" Rainbow shouted.

"In case you're wondering, Doom Lord sent your Eagle into the future. Which means...I have a LOT of wonderful abilities to show YOU!"

"Grrr!" Rainbow growled.

//This Duel has taken a turn for the worst! Rainbow Dash lost an Xyz Monster, and Enix has brought out some very disturbing creatures! These Duelists' next moves could decide the entire Games!//

Applejack grinned maliciously, THAT'S RIGHT! SHOW THEM WHO YOU REALLY ARE!! GIVE ME MORE ENIX! MORE!!!

Enix's flaming eyes grew brighter as he looked happily monstrous, "Bet you never saw THIS coming, did you?!"

Jack had made his way onto the Duel Field after leaving the locker room and saw Enix looking pretty scary, "This is not like him. I got a bad feeling Applejack SUI-871 did something to him..."