• Published 9th Oct 2020
  • 1,266 Views, 139 Comments

The Missing Barian Numbers - Golden Flare



In Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, it was said that Don Thousand and Vector together created a million Barian, or Fake, Numbers and only very few were shown. This is where some of the others went.

  • ...
4
 139
 1,266

Chapter 8: The Tri-Duel Relay Part 1 (By Golden Flare)

Author's Note:

Starring: Golden Flare (OC), Enix (OC), Isaac (OC), The Rainbooms, Principal Cinch, Lemon Zest, and the Shadowbolts
Decks: .EXE, Morphtronic, Predaplant, and Spellbook

Co-written by ShootingStar25.

DARK CHIP
CREATED
BY DESIRE

With the events of the first round of the Friendship Games coming to a close, it was now determined the top six students from each school would be moving on to the next round. The students of Crystal Prep were now in the room they were gathered in as Principal Cinch was addressing them.

"Congratulations on advancing. Now we know who the weak links of this team were. All that remains are the strongest duelists. Such is the way of life." said Principal Cinch.

"The second event of the Friendship Games has been completed. And with that, we can now inform you students of what it will require," stated Cadence.

The Dean then pointed to the projector screen behind her. It turned on as the field of CHS was shown. Compared to what it looked like before, it had been changed drastically. Before it was a normal soccer field that the students of Canterlot High used to do practice duels during their free period. Now the design was shown. In the past 24 hours, since the first event ended, the staff had been hard at work to make it presentable. The field remained the same. However, there were two things. The first was that there was a track on the outside, and on the side were some projectors that when turned on would result in platforms appearing.

"This here is the Tri-Duel Relay. A three-part dueling race that will test your skills. But not just regular duels, you will be pushed to the limits in different circumstances. The first one will battle in Action Duels, the next pair will be Speed Duels, and the final one will be Turbo Duels. All of these duels, you've practiced time and time again at Crystal Prep." stated Cadence.

"You battle in pairs. Sour Sweet and Sunny Flare have requested the Speed Duel section. For the Action Duel, it'll be Lemon Zest and Twilight Sparkle. Which leaves the best for last, Enix and Isaac will handle the Turbo Duel part of the relay." said Principal Cinch.

"Huh?" said Twilight as she was expecting to be with her friend at the same event.

"Given that you and Isaac were able to single handily win the first round of the Friendship Games and had some of the top points, I see no reason why you can't do the same without being paired up. Besides, I need to cover all my bases. That means I need to think more strategically on who gets to do what event to secure Crystal Prep wins." said Principal Cinch to the girl and the students.

"So, who are our opponents?" asked Sunny Flare.

"Canterlot High has already their selection. Representing them for the Action Duel will be Golden Flare and Ms. Applejack. For the Speed Duels, they've chosen Ms. Pie and Mr. Astral Flare. And as for the Turbo Duels, Ms. Sunset and Rainbow will be the ones tasked with that."

Principal Cinch then told each of the participants who they would be facing. With each one now knowing who they were facing, they began to prep themselves for later. Principal Cinch then dismissed her students as the ones who were eliminated were to go to the stands with the other students to watch the event. She then stopped both Isaac and Twilight as it was just the three of them.

The boy kept his defiant look on his face as Twilight hid behind her friend. Cinch then instruct the two to take a seat as both sat down. She then grabbed the remote on the desk and pointed it at the projector. The recording from the first event showed as it was Twilight winning her duel. She then pushed another button as it was Isaac's duel and showed off his dominant win.

"That...that is what is required. Total control of the duel and your opponent. You both showed that in your respective duels. And that is what is being asked of you. To do the same thing in the second event. I have high hopes for you two. Do not fail me." said Cinch glaring at the two.

"Whatever." said Isaac as he grabbed Twilight's hand and began to lead them out of the room.

He allowed Twilight to step through first as he held the door for her. He was about to take a step out when Cinch spoke.

"He's an interesting duelist, isn't he?" said the woman as that got Isaac to stop in his tracks. "Quite powerful. He thinks Canterlot High is going to win. Not to mention, he thinks he's better than you. He told me himself."

Isaac knew who Principal Cinch was talking about as his grip on the doorknob tightened. He looked back at the woman as he held his expression.

"He thinks he's better than me? As if. Even his best isn't good enough for my worst." stated Isaac.

"It's a shame that you won't be facing him. 'Cause that would shut up Canterlot High. Take down their hope. He's the underdog and he thinks that he'll overcome all the odds and take down Crystal Prep all by himself. Be hailed as a hero among his peers." said Cinch, "But that's not true. You know, I know it. People call him the underdog when in reality it's just code for them feeling sorry for you. And they will feel even more sorry for him when he loses. The reason is that you know how to play this system, and you know what it takes to get to the top. You've shown since the moment you took your entrance exam. Isaac, you want to be the best. And no one deserves that title more than you, it's your birthright in a way. And here, Golden thinks because he should inherit that honor. Cause he's the star of this little fairytale. Well, he's severely wrong. So he can play whatever character he wants, but the fact remains. You could put a mask on a pig, but it's still a pig."

Isaac took those words in from Principal Cinch. The boy was now thinking back to his meeting with Golden and how he got an instant vibe from the boy. He could tell the kid was a powerful duelist, he showed it in his duel with Upper Crust. But at the same time, Isaac felt like the kid was disrespecting him in a way with his skills as a duelist. Safe to say, that small tension as enemies was showing.

"I promise you if you win your duel. I will do everything in my power to make sure that you face Golden Flare in the final event of the Friendship Games. Isn't that what you want? To shut up a phony duelist? To put to bed the statement that only belongs to you? That you are the best duelist around and now can touch you or even be on your level? Don't you want to make your parents proud?"

"First of all, keep my parents out of your goddamn mouth!" said Isaac. "And second, if Golden wants a war. He's got one. He thinks he's the number #1 duelist around here. Newsflash, he's only the number #1 duelist because I'm not a student here." spoke the boy as he fired some shots at his enemy. "Cause if I was, I would've sent his ass packing back to wherever small town he came from. I'm here, day in, day out, busting my blood, sweat, tears, all of it! I'm here swimming with sharks while he's dancing with stars!"

Cinch was smiling, one thing she knew about Isaac was that the boy could speak. He didn't blur the lines of reality as it more so fueled him. He could talk the talk and have the skills to back up whatever he said.

"Golden thinks he's a beast. Well, that beast is gonna be slain by The Almighty!" declared Isaac as he exited the room and closed the door.

Principal Cinch could feel the boy's emotions as it got her riled up. Now she was more determined than ever to see Canterlot High fall. And the only thing that was stopping that was Golden and his power. But luckily for the woman, she had someone who was just as if not, more powerful, more skillful than CHS's golden boy. And it was only a matter of time before the two titans would clash. And when the dust settled, only one would be left standing.

At the same time, Crystal Prep was having their meeting, CHS was doing the same. Golden Flare, Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, Astral Flare, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash were all gathered in a room as they were hunched over in a circle.

"It's...uh..." said Golden.

"Something..." continued AJ.

"Okay, I'll bite; what the heck are we looking at?" asked Astral.

The six teens were all looking at a blueprint of their field as it had been changed.

"According to Principal Celestia, this is the next event of the Friendship Games." stated Sunset.

"But what is it, exactly?" asked Rainbow.

"So the second event is a Tri-Duel Relay. In that, all of us be paired up to partake in a different type of dueling."

"What do you mean, 'different type of dueling'?" asked Pinkie.

"These are the duels we're gonna be competing in. Action, Speed, and Turbo. Each one has a different set of rules from any regular duels, and going to be more interactive than what we're used to. Let me explain." said Sunset as she began to describe the types of dueling in the Relay.

"In an Action Duel, a Field Spell Card commonly referred to as an Action Field, is activated before the Duel starts, modifying the terrain to look similar to the card's artwork. Action Cards are then scattered throughout the field, which either Duelist can search for to aid them. When an Action Card that is a Spell Card is found, it is placed in the hand and can be used right away as if it was a Quick-Play Spell Card. However, when an Action Card that is a Trap Card is found, it activates right away. Also in this type of environment, the monsters you summon are real enough that you can interact with them."

The others were listening to Sunset as she relayed the info that Celestia told her about these different types of duels.

"Speed Duels are duels in which you're working with limited resources. One is that instead of the regular five slots for both monsters and spells/trap cards, you only get three. Your Extra Deck is minimized to just 5 instead of 15. And the biggest changes are you only get a single main phase each turn and instead of the 40-60 deck limit, it's cut in half to 20-30."

"What the hell?!" said Rainbow at hearing that piece of info.

"And lastly, Turbo Duels. Each player battles on a Duel Runner. Turbo Duels are all about the exterior element of movement which is the key idea behind Turbo Duels, as it adds an unexplored element of dodging, riding skill, intimidation, and imagination. To put it in simpler words, Turbo Duels are much more intense than regular duels, from not only the danger but being that the Duelists are connected to The World of Speed, the duelist's emotions are connected. Dodging attacks also seem to be an aspect of Turbo Dueling, because you have until the attack connects to activate a trap card in response, as evident by duelists who avoid being physically struck by attacks even in duels where they can't be hurt, then activate a trap after they dodge. This adds the element of movement to a duel where it wasn't present before. The varying distance between the players adds the element of keeping up with your opponent to better react to their moves, which adds another element of movement to dueling."

"Okay, that's all cool and convoluted all at the same time." said Golden.

"Well, that's what we're going to have to deal with. Principal Celestia also wants us to figure out who is going to do what part of the relay so that she and Principal Cinch can put their finalizations into the computer. So, who wants to do what?" asked Sunset.

"Me and Pinkie will take on the Speed Duel section of the relay." said Astral.

"I'll try my hand at Action Duels!" stated Applejack.

"Ain't no way I'm turning down the chance to ride a Duel Runner. Turbo Duels are all mine!" said Rainbow.

"Then that just leaves us two," said Sunset as she looked at Golden. "Which one do you want?"

"To be honest, I never ridden any as fast as Duel Runner before. Plus, I don't want to fall off. So, I'll leave that to you. I know how you like to ride these kinds of things. Also, I've been in at least two Action Duel so far, so I think a have a clue of what I'm up against at the very least." said Golden.

"Alright then, I'll let Principal Celestia know who's doing what. Also, Rainbow and Golden, you two need to go to Rarity so that she can make you some Duel Runner and Action Duel outfits for you to wear." said Sunset as she left.

Isaac was currently putting the final touches on his outfit as he looked at himself in the mirror. At that moment, a knock came on the door. The door opened and in walked Twilight.

"So, how do I look?" asked Isaac hoping to get a second opinion.

"Honestly, not as ridiculous as I thought you gonna be." smiled Twilight.

"Good, 'cause that's what I was going for." said the boy as he sat down and saw his Duel Disk.

He put it on as he then took out his deck. The boy fanned his cards out on the bench as he then reached into his pocket and pulled out the cards that he only showed Twilight.

"You're gonna use them?" asked the bookworm.

"Let's just say, that I'm upping my game even more. Canterlot High thinks they saw what I could do, I haven't even reached a tenth of my power."

"Well, I look forward to seeing those cards in action." smiled Twilight.

"Good luck, Twily. Just do your best and trust in your deck."

"I still don't get it. You talk to your cards, your monsters as if they're alive. But they're just ink and paper."

"Just because they aren't real, doesn't mean they're not alive, Twilight. Each one of my monsters is real to me, every time I look at my deck, I feel as if they're right beside me. That I'm not alone and that I have them to support me. I talk to my cards because to me, they're my friends. They're more than just servants, more than just allies. They're companions." said Isaac.

"There you go again. Your perspective is just so...I can't even begin to describe it," sighed Twilight before having a smile on her face.

"As I said, nothing everything about Duel Monsters revolves around numbers. It's more than that. With the right combination of luck and skill, anything is possible." said Isaac.

"Possible, yes. Probable, no. Luck is just a word for variables one hasn’t solved yet.” Twilight adjusted her glasses. “At any given time in a duel, the odds of a duelist drawing a particular card on their next turn can be definitively calculated as long as one knows the contents of their deck. Then, knowing the contents of the opponent's deck and the current state of the field, one can determine the statistically best usage of that card to have the most impact on increasing their own resources or draining the opponent's resources. A duel is merely the process by which duelists take turns putting this formula into action, and the deck is the tool they use to execute it. True, a duelist may occasionally defy the odds of random chance, but they can’t manage it every turn. Under these conditions, and presuming optimal decision-making from both players, eventually, the duelist whose deck is more efficient at this process will gain enough advantage over the other that their ability to follow the process will be compromised beyond repair. Shortly thereafter, the duel will certainly reach its conclusion.”

"There's no convincing you, Twilight. Dueling is more than statistics. It's about having fun. The adrenaline rush of a great draw, the thrill of pulling off that epic combo to clinch the win, the rush of victory as you watch that Life Point counter tick to zero!" expressed Isaac. "It's the best feeling in the world. If you don't play the game to have fun or love it, why play at all?"

Isaac's words got to Twilight as she remained silent. The girl was now thinking long and hard about what her friend said. Another knock on the door was heard. This time it was none other than Cadence as she was sent to fetch both teens.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything?" smiled Cadence. The woman had a sly smug expression at seeing the pair of friends as she saw something in their eyes.

"Not at all, Cadence. I was just wishing Isaac good luck in his duel before we split." said the girl.

"Well, then. You both need to head to the field."

"Right away, Dean Cadence." stated Isaac.

He grabbed his cards and slotted them into his duel disk. The boy then got up and walked as Twilight followed him with Cadence in tow. The three of them soon made it to the field as both teens made it to where their classmates were stationed. Cadence made it to where the other adults were. Team CHS was also raring to go as both Rainbow and Golden were in their outfits for their section of the race.

With both schools raring to go, Cadence then grabbed the microphone as she began to speak. The stands on both sides of the field were filled to the brim as each student cheered for their school.

"Welcome, everyone to the Friendship Games Tri-Duel Relay! In this event, our qualifying competitors will face off in Action Duels, Speed Duels, and finally, Turbo Duels. So if the competitors are ready... then let the first battle begin!" stated Cadence as she blew an airhorn.

The students cheered on the screen for all to see was shown. It displayed the portraits of the participants who would be competing. The image of Golden Flare and Lemon Zest was shown. Both teens made their way to the center of the field as the ARC system turned on. Now tons of platforms appeared as both teens jumped on them and climb. They were now a few meters apart as they each took a stance.

"Time for CHS's golden boy to fall!" growled Lemon Zest.

"We'll see about that." responded Golden Flare.

//Generating Action Field: Crossover.// said the ARC system as it began to work its magic. //Actions Cards disbursed.// A huge sphere of cards that had the letter "A" on the back of them was all scattered across the field that would allow the duelists to pick them up and use them. They each put on their Duel Gazers as Lemon Zest turned on her Duel Disk to project a bright green card tray while Golden put on his D-Pad.

"Let's duel!" shouted both teens.

Lemon Zest: 8000 LP
Golden Flare: 8000 LP

Turn 1: Lemon Zest - Hand: 5

On the display board, the portraits of the two flashed back and forth, then stopped with Lemon’s lit up. “Crystal Prep will take the first turn.”

"Sweet.” Lemon drew her opening hand from her duel disk and fanned them out. She smiled wide and pumped her fist. “Already loving it!” She grabbed a card and slid it into her Duel Disk's Spell/Trap Card slot, “I activate the Spell card, One for One. This lets me discard a monster card from my hand, and then I can summon a Level 1 monster from my deck.” Lemon twirled a card in her hand and slotted it into her Duel Disk, then tapped a prompt on her screen.


One for One
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Send 1 monster from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your hand or Deck.


“I’ll get rid of Morphtronic Cameran and summon Morphtronic Celfon!” A large yellow cell phone appeared in front of Lemon Zest. A sheen of light washed over it and it broke apart, transforming into a large yellow robot with bright pink eyes. The screen of the phone cracked down in the center and swung back, forming a pair of wings.


Morphtronic Cameran
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 2
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 800
DEF: 600
Effect: ●While in Attack Position: When this card is destroyed by battle, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Morphtronic" monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Morphtronic Cameran".
●While in Defense Position: "Morphtronic" monsters on the field cannot be targeted by effects.


Morphtronic Celfon
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 1
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 100
DEF: 100
Effect: ●While in Attack Position: Once per turn, you can roll a six-sided die. Reveal cards from top of your Deck equal to the roll and Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Morphtronic" monster from among them, ignoring the Summoning conditions. Shuffle the rest into the Deck.
●While in Defense Position: Once per turn, you can roll a six-sided die. Look at cards from top of your Deck equal to the roll, then return them in the same order.


"I activate Celfon’s ability. Once per turn I can roll a die, and whatever the result is, I can reveal that many cards on the top of my deck and summon a Level 4 or lower Morphtronic monster among them.” Lemon snapped her fingers. “Go, Morphtronic Speed Dial!” Celfon thrust out its chest made up of the top half of the phone form’s dial pad. The numbers lit up in rapid sequence before stopping on ‘4’. “Awesome!” Lemon grabbed four cards from her Duel Disk, looked over them, and nodded.

“I’ll bring out Morphtronic Remoten!” A white remote control for a video player appeared next to Celfon. The screen blipped to life to show a pair of eyes as arms and legs cords shot out of its sides.


Morphtronic Remoten
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 3
Type: Machine/Tuner/Effect
ATK: 300
DEF: 1200
Effect: ●Once per turn, while in Attack Position: You can target 1 "Morphtronic" monster in your Graveyard; banish that target and add 1 "Morphtronic" monster with the same Level as the target from your Deck to your hand.
●Once per turn, while in Defense Position: You can send 1 "Morphtronic" monster from your hand to the Graveyard and add 1 other "Morphtronic" monster with the same Level as that monster from your Graveyard to your hand.


Lemon nodded at Remoten. “Next I’ll use Remoten’s ability. By banishing a Morphtronic monster in the Graveyard, a Morphtronic with the same Level can be added from my deck to my hand. I’ll get rid of Cameran (800/600) and get a second one out, and then I’ll summon him.” The card ejected from her duel disk and she swiftly placed it on the card tray. A large red camera appeared in front of her and transformed into another robot, the flash of the camera mounted on the back of its arm.

Pinkie gasped. “Those monsters are so cool! Ooh, ooh, do they combine into one super-duper-awesome giant robot?”

"Pinkie! You're supposed to be cheering for Golden!" stated Rainbow at how the party girl was more interested in the monsters that Lemon Zest was summoning.

Lemon held her hand up, "I tune my Level 3 Morphtronic Remoten with my Level 2 Morphtronic Cameran!” Morphtronic Remoten burst apart into three glowing green rings. The rings floated around Cameran and began to spin, while Cameran glowed yellow (Level 3 + 2 = 5).

"She managed to Synchro Summon on her first turn?" said Astral Flare as he was surprised to see Lemon Zest already showing her skills.

I align the frequencies of my remote control and my camera together, and home in on the signal of a high-tech prodigy!” She brought her arm back and raised her Duel Disk, her hand poised over the back of the device. A card snapped out from it and she grabbed it and placed it on her card tray. “I Synchro Summon! Come on out, Level 5, T.G. Hyper Librarian!” The rings around Cameran contracted and then exploded out, revealing Lemon’s new monster. A tall, slim humanoid figure in a white and black robe stood in front of her, a white cloak trailing down its back. It raised its head, concealed by a military cap and glasses, and snapped an arm out, a book tracing out in green light and then popping into existence in its hand.


T.G. Hyper Librarian
Attribute: DARK
Level: 5
Type: Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 2400
DEF: 1800
Effect: If a monster is Synchro Summoned: Draw 1 card. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect.


Lemon lifted a card in her hand. “Next, I’ll banish Morphtronic Remoten from my Graveyard to Special Summon Morphtronic Smartfon.” A slim smartphone materialized in Lemon’s line of monsters and snapped apart, the pieces within unfolding to form hands and feet. The top of the phone popped up, revealing a slim pair of red eyes.


Morphtronic Smartfon
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 1
Type: Machine/Tuner/Effect
ATK: 100
DEF: 100
Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Morphtronic" monster from your Graveyard.
●While in Attack Position: Once per turn: You can roll a six-sided die, excavate that many cards from the top of your Deck, add 1 excavated "Morphtronic" card to your hand, also shuffle the rest back into the Deck.
●While in Defense Position: Once per turn: You can roll a six-sided die, look at that many cards from the top of your Deck, then place all of them on either the top or the bottom of the Deck, but in any order.


“I’ll activate Smartfon’s effect. It’s kinda like Celfon’s effect, but instead of summoning a Morphtronic monster from the deck, it adds a Morphtronic card into my hand. Go, Morphtronic Messenger!” Smartfon’s screen on its chest began cycling through numbers, stopping on a '2'.

"Just how many abilities are you gonna activate!?" said Golden as he lost count.

"A lot, and it's only my first turn," said Lemon as she picked up two cards and frowned as she held them out. "Seems the cards that I picked up were Power-Up Adapter and Air Cracking Storm. Since neither is a Morphtronic card, I have to add them back to my deck.” She placed the cards on top and her deck automatically reshuffled.

"Aw, well that sucks.” Pinkie pouted.

"Pinkie!!" said Rainbow to her friend as she wasn't supporting Golden.

“But don’t worry, I’ve got one more move anyway. I’ll tune my Morphtronic Celfon with my Morphtronic Smartfon!” Smartfon turned into another green ring that rose and lowered over Celfon (Level 1 + 1 = 2). Lemon extended a hand into the air. “I align the frequencies of my cellphone and my smartphone together, and home in on the signal of a high-tech speedster!” She grabbed her card from her Duel Disk and put it on the tray. “I Synchro Summon! Rolling out, Level 2, Formula Synchron!” Lemon’s new monster was shaped like a race car, with legs emerging from below it and arms from the sides between the wheels. It stood next to Hyper Librarian and rested its hands on the car part that formed its chest.


Formula Synchron
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 2
Type: Machine/Synchro/Tuner/Effect
ATK: 200
DEF: 1500
Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can draw 1 card. Once per Chain, during your opponent's Main Phase, you can (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon using this card you control.


“When I summon Formula Synchron, its effect activates, letting me draw a card. Also, performing a Synchro Summon activates the effect of Hyper Librarian, letting me draw again.” Lemon picked up her two cards and folded them into her hand with the rest. “I think that’s good for now, so I’ll end my turn.”

Turn 2: Golden Flare - Hand: 5

"Jesus, that was a lot for just one turn." said Dash.

"That's what Synchro Summoning is all about; being able to use low-level monsters to bust out high-powerful monsters really quick. Plus they have lots of abilities to allow you to bring back a monster." said Isaac as he watched Lemon Zest do her thing.

"It's my turn, and I'll start by summoning my ProtoMan.EXE (1900/1700) in attack mode!" declared Golden as the red NetNavi with the dark visor over his eyes appeared on the boy's field. "Then I'll play the Equip spell, Battle Chip - ElecSwrd! So now my monster becomes a LIGHT-Attribute monster and gains 1,000 extra Attack Points (ProtoMan.EXE: ATK 1900 + 1000 = 2900)."

"Nice, now Golden is the one with the more powerful monster." stated Sunset.

"He's too distracted to remember what kind of duel this is. He's gonna attack blindly." stated Isaac as he predicted Golden's next move to Twilight.

"Now, ProtoMan attack her T.G. Hyper Librarian!" commanded Golden as his monster leaped into the air and looked to bring its sword down on the creature.

"Did you forget what kind of duel this is?" stated Lemon Zest with a sassy look.

She then began to hop off her platform and begin to do some athletic moves as she bounced around the different plates. She landed on a platform and found an Action Card in front of her as she grabbed it.

"I activate the Action spell, Evasion! Now my monster can dodge your attack!" stated Lemon Zest. Hyper Librarian was able to leap out of the way of ProtoMan's attack as the warrior missed his target.

"Ooh, right, forgot about the Action Cards..." stated Golden as he put his hand to his forehead.

"Seriously, dude? That’s it?” Lemon put a hand on her hip and frowned. “Come on, gimme something to work with here!”

"Can you blame me?! I was distracted by you!" said Golden.

"Aww, thanks. But if you're thinking about asking me out, save it for after the duel." said Lemon Zest as she flashed a wink at Golden.

"T-That's not what I meant!" stated the boy as he blushed.

Truth be told, Golden was distracted by all the abilities and Synchro Summons that Lemon Zest did in her opening play that he forgot that this was a different environment and not the typical standard duel.

"I'll end my turn."

Turn 3: Lemon Zest - Hand: 5

"Guess I've got to keep this party entertaining. Good thing I know how to do that. Here, let me pick up the slack!" Lemon drew and reached for her hand. “I'll activate the Spell card, Junk Box."


Junk Box
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Select and Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Morphtronic" monster from your Graveyard. Destroy it during the End Phase.


"This lets me revive a Morphtronic in my Graveyard, but it’ll be destroyed at the end of my turn. I revive Morphtronic Celfon.” The hologram of Lemon’s Spell card broke apart into scrap metal that rapidly reformed into the yellow robot. "Like before I'll activate Celfon's special ability, go Morphtronic Speed Dial!" The six numbers on Celfon’s chest lit up and stopped on 3. "Three, alright." Lemon picked up the three cards on her deck and flipped one out. “I summon Morphtronic Magnen in defense mode.” A blue horseshoe magnet materialized in front of her and turned a pale blue, light gleaming on its surface.


Morphtronic Magnen
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 3
Type: Thunder/Effect
ATK: 800
DEF: 800
Effect: ●While in Attack Position: If your opponent controls a face-up monster, this card can only select their highest ATK monster as an attack target.
●While in Defense Position: Your opponent cannot select another monster as an attack target.


“And now, I tune my Level 1 Morphtronic Celfon with my Level 2 Formula Synchron!” Lemon held her hand up as Formula Synchron turned into green rings that encircled Celfon. (Level 2 + 1 = 3) “I align the frequencies of my cellphone and my speedster together, and home in on the signal of a musical marvel!” She placed her card on her monster zone with a grin. “I Synchro Summon! Rock on, Level 3, Martial Metal Marcher(500/2200)! I summon you in defense mode!” A squat robot built of brass rose in front of Lemon, its body formed from old musical instruments, with arms made from horn pieces and the pipes of an organ mounted on its back. A screen on its chest lit up and displayed volume levels as it raised its arms and blasted a soundwave out.


Martial Metal Marcher
Attribute: WIND
Level: 3
Type: Machine/Synchro/Tuner/Effect
ATK: 500
DEF: 2200
Effect: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Tuner in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position, but negate its effects. You can only use this effect of "Martial Metal Marcher" once per turn. A Synchro Monster that used this card as material is treated as a Tuner while face-up on the field.


“Summoning Martial Metal Marcher activates the effect of my Hyper Librarian, letting me draw a card. I also get to use my Metal Marcher’s ability, which is to revive a Tuner monster from my Graveyard with its effects negated. So Formula Synchron is coming right back (200/1500).” Lemon drew as Formula Synchron rose next to the Metal Marcher.

"Great, so she's got three Synchro Monsters on the field?" asked Rainbow.

"At least Golden has the stronger monster. So Lemon Zest can't attack." stated Pinkie.

"If they only knew," said Twilight as she watched the duel with her classmate unfold, "See, they think she has three Synchro Monsters. They're right, but also wrong."

"And they're about to find out." stated Isaac as he too knew what Lemon Zest was about to do.

"Time to step it up,” Lemon Zest held out a hand. "I tune my Hyper Librarian with my Formula Synchron!” Formula Synchron’s twin green rings floated over Hyper Librarian. The monster inside sparked as metal began to gather around it and circle it (Level 2 + 5 = 7), “I align the frequencies of my librarian and my speedster together, and home in on the signal of a mechanical powerhouse!” The metal condensed around Hyper Librarian and lit up. Lemon pumped her fist. “I Synchro Summon! Get ready to meet a monster with some major motor! Take flight, Level 7, Power Tool Dragon!” The metal shell shattered, revealing a large, gold, mechanical dragon with silver plates of metal running down its back to its tail. Its right arm was an electrical screwdriver bit, and it's right a large shovel claw. Red eyes flashed to life and it flew over the field, circling behind Pinkie to return to Lemon and alighting beside her.


Power Tool Dragon
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 7
Type: Machine/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 2300
DEF: 2500
Effect: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: You can reveal 3 Equip Spells from your Deck, then your opponent randomly adds 1 of them to your hand, and shuffle the other cards into the Deck. If this card would be destroyed while equipped with an Equip Spell(s), you can send 1 of those cards to the GY instead.


"What?!!" said Golden's friends as they were shocked to see that Lemon Zest was able to Synchro Summoning using two Synchro Monsters.

"Don't you need a Tuner to conduct a Synchro Summon?" asked Golden.

"Dude, come on. Don't tell me you don't know. Formula Synchron is a special kind of Synchro Monster. It's a Tuner Synchron. Which means I can Synchro Summoning using it." said Lemon Zest with a smug smile. "Guess Canterlot High really doesn't teach its students anything."

That statement didn't sit well with Golden as he just held a scowl.

"'Cause if you did, you would know about what my monster can do. In fact, let me show you! I activate Power Tool Dragon’s special ability. Once per turn I can take three Equip Spell cards from my deck, then you randomly pick one of them and it gets added to my hand.” Lemon reached to her Duel Disk’s screen and tapped through the display. The holograms of three cards appeared in the air over Lemon’s head. “Okay, go for it.”

Golden was now faced with the cards as he scrunched his face and murmured to himself. His eyes were turning back and forth as he looked at the backside of the cards trying to make the right choice.

"Here, since I like you. Lemme make it easy for ya,” Lemon chuckled. “It’s three copies of the exact same card, so it doesn’t really matter.”

"Ooooooh. That’s kind of a clever trick, actually.” Pinkie smiled.

"Pinkie!!!" shouted the others at their teammate as she was giving props to Crystal Prep instead of Golden.

"I choose...the card on the left." said the boy as he made his selection.

"Thanks, dude. I knew you would choose that card," mocked Lemon with a smile, "'Cause I'll play it right now, the Equip Spell Double Tool C&D!"


Double Tool C&D
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Equip only to a "Power Tool Dragon" or Level 4 or higher Machine-Type "Morphtronic" monster you control. While equipped:
● During your turn: It gains 1000 ATK. If it attacks, any effects of the attack target that activate or apply on the field are negated during that Battle Phase.
● During your opponent's turn: Your opponent cannot select a monster other than the equipped monster as an attack target. An opponent's monster that battles the equipped monster is destroyed at the end of the Damage Step.


"During my turn, my monster gains 1,000 Attack Points. And if it attacks, the effects of your monster it battles are negated during the Battle Phase! So take out his ProtoMan!" commanded the girl.

The dragon then flew toward Golden's field as the drill in its claws began to spin. The boy was now doing what Lemon Zest did when he attack as he began to look for an Action Card. He saw one directly below him as he began to make his way down. However, he wasn't used to the movement that this type of duel required as he was cautious about landing on each of the platforms on his way down. He managed to get there and when he reached out for the card, the attack from Lemon's dragon made contact as it caused Golden to lose his balance. He was sent flying from one platform to another and landed on his back (Golden Flare: 8,000 - 400 = 7,600 LP).

"Got to be quicker, my dude. I'll end my turn!" stated Lemon Zest.

Turn 4: Golden Flare - Hand: 4

"Not bad," grunted Golden as he began to sit up, "But I'm not down just yet, I draw!"

"Oh, forgot to tell you, my dude. My Double Tool C&D has another effect, during your turn, you can't attack any of my other monsters except for my dragon since it's equipped with the Spell. And any monster that does battle it, is destroyed at the end of the battle." said Lemon.

"Great," stated Golden as he had another thing to worry about, "I summon my Megaman.EXE (1900/1700)!" A blue and yellow armored man with a strange symbol on his chest made his appearance on the field, sporting a blaster where one of his hands should be.

"Then I'm equipping him with these two Spells, Battle Chip - Barrier and Battle Chip - RollAro2!" stated Golden as a bow appeared in his monster's hands. "With this, MegaMan gains 800 extra Attack Points (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 1900 + 800 = 2700). So now attack her dragon!" shouted the boy.

"Didn't I warn you? Your monster may beat mine, but he's gonna be destroyed once they finish battling!" stated Lemon.

"Not quite, see my MegaMan has Battle Chip -Barrier equipped. So once per turn, he can't be destroyed by battle. So he's not going anyway!" stated Golden.

Lemon Zest was surprised to hear that she began to do the next best thing. She was now leaping and bouncing for an Action Card. She found one as it was on a nearby platform. She took a running start and leaped into the air with her arm stretched out as she grabbed it. She looked at it but chose not to activate it.

"I activate the effect of my Power Tool Dragon, I can save it from being destroyed by sending the Equip Spell it has to the Graveyard instead. So he's sticking around!" declared Lemon Zest as her dragon was able to fight off the attack but was damaged in the process (Lemon Zest: 8,000 - 400 = 7,600 LP).

"My barrier protects my MegaMan from being destroyed, but since I used the effect, it's gone," stated Golden as the force field protecting his monster disappeared. "So I'll lay a face-down and call it a turn!"

Turn 5: Lemon Zest - Hand: 6

Lemon Zest took a deep breath and rolled her neck, “Okay, you got some skills. I can work with that. Besides, what's a party without some excitement? And I've got plenty of things to liven it up, time to turn up the dial.” Lemon then lifted her headphones to listen to the music playing. "Crank up the volume!" Lemon smirked as she drew. She reached to her hand to put the card aside and took hold of another. “I’ll start by activating the spell card, Morphtronic Accelerator."


Morphtronic Accelerator
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Return 1 "Morphtronic" monster from your hand to the Deck. Destroy 1 card on the field, and draw 1 card.


"This lets me return Morphtronic Boomboxen from my hand to the deck to destroy a card on the field. I’ll get rid of your Battle Chip - RollAro2!” Lemon’s card fired an orb of orange light across the field; it struck Golden’s Spell and shattered it (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 2700 - 800 = 1900). “Then, I get to draw again.” Lemon drew and looked down at her card, then went back to her hand.

"Since I control a Machine-type monster, I’ll activate the Spell Card, Iron Call to revive my Morphtronic Smartfon (100/100). And then I’ll summon Morphtronic Vacuumen.” A green and yellow vacuum cleaner appeared in front of Lemon. Its suction head swiveled around to reveal a pair of eyes, and the suction hoses on its side rose as limbs.


Iron Call
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you control a Machine monster: Target 1 Level 4 or lower Machine monster in your GY; Special Summon that target, but its effects are negated, also destroy it during the End Phase.


Morphtronic Vacuumen
Attribute: WIND
Level: 1
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 0
DEF: 0
Effect: ●While in Attack Position: Once per turn, you can send 1 Equip Card equipped to this card to the Graveyard to inflict 500 damage to your opponent.
●While in Defense Position: Once per turn, you can equip 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls to this card as an Equip Card. (You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card by this effect.)


“Now, I’ll tune my Vacuumen with my Smartfon.” Lemon put her hand over her Duel Disk and leaned forward as Smartfon turned into a green ring that hovered around Vacuumen (Level 1 + 1 = 2). “I aligned the frequencies of my smartphone and my vacuum together, and home in on the signal of a flying scout machine!” She grabbed her card and held it out. “I Synchro Summon! Reporting in, Level 2, T.G. Recipro Dragonfly!” A small red and green insectoid robot appeared in front of Lemon, a propeller blade set into its midsection spinning to keep it in the air.


T.G. Recipro Dragonfly
Attribute: WIND
Level: 2
Type: Machine/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 300
DEF: 300
Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster
Once per turn: You can target 1 other "T.G." Synchro Monster you control; send it to the Graveyard, then, if all the Synchro Monsters that were used for its Synchro Summon are in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon all of them.


"Not again..." grumbled Golden as he had enough of a time getting rid of it the first time.

Lemon licked her lips. “And now everything is in place.”

"What do you mean?" asked Golden.

"I'll give you a hint. The one you really wanna be worried about is my Martial Metal Marcher.” Lemon jerked her thumb at the machine. “See, he’s a Synchro Monster, sure, but he’s also a Tuner monster. Which means everything is in place for this!” Lemon spread her arms out. “I tune together my Level 3 Martial Metal Marcher, Level 2 T.G. Recipro Dragonfly, and my Level 7 Power Tool Dragon!”

Pinkie’s jaw dropped. “All three of them!?”

Martial Metal Marcher turned into three golden rings that began to spin. Dragonfly and Power Tool Dragon flew into the middle of the ring, sparks shooting between them as they hovered closer (Level 3 + 2 + 7 = 12). “I align the frequencies of my scouter, my musician, and my dragon together, and home in on the signal of the ultimate battle mech!” The three monsters lit up yellow and sent a column of light up into the sky. The sky, already getting darker in the early afternoon, turned overcast. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. Lemon looked up and stretched out her hand. “I Synchro Summon! Seek and destroy all in your path! Descend, Level 12, T.G. Halberd Cannon!” A bolt of lightning struck the ground behind Lemon. From the flash of light, a massive robot stood up. Streamlined black limbs were covered in orange and yellow armor, glowing brightly. Its head, silver and sculpted in an expression of stern determination, rose from its main body and its eyes flashed to life. It raised its hand and the image of a gigantic polearm appeared as a green wireframe before it materialized for real. The robot gripped it tight and twirled it over its head, then planted it on the ground.


T.G. Halberd Cannon
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 12
Type: Machine/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 4000
DEF: 4000
Effect: 1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster(s) would be Summoned: You can negate the Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "T.G." monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.


Enix, observing from higher in the stands, hummed to himself, "Hmm, a Level 12 monster. Haven't seen one of those in a while."

"That's one big monster!" said Golden as he stared and his eyes widen.

“You think he’s big now, wait until you see him up close!” Lemon pointed across the field. “T.G. Halberd Cannon, attack!" Halberd Cannon leaped up into the air, spun its halberd to point down, and then began to descend. The blade began to glow and crackle with energy.

Golden then began to take off as he began to look for an Action Card to save him. This time, he didn't have to look far as he saw one a few platforms below him. He jumped and quickly leaped off the others before grabbing the card near his feet.

"I'm activating the Action Card, Miracle! Now my monster is safe, and the damage I take is cut in half!" declared Golden.

"Not quite, 'cause I'm activating the Action Card I picked up last turn. It's called No Action! So that Action Card you just played gets null and void!" stated Lemon Zest. A red X appeared on Golden's D-Pad as it showed his Action Card was useless.

"In that case, I'm activating my face-down, Battle Chip - FullCust! With this card, since I control an '.EXE' monster, I can end your turn altogether!" declared Golden as Lemon Zest's monster stopped dead in its tracks, along with her turn.

"Not bad, dude. I'm impressed." said Lemon Zest.

Turn 6: Golden Flare - Hand: 1

"My draw," said Golden as he drew his card, "And thanks to my monster, during my Standby Phase, I can add a 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell to my hand." His Duel Pad then ejected another card for him to grab. Looked at his hand, and then at Lemon Zest's monster, "Before I do anything else, I equip MegaMan with Battle Chip - FireSwrd! Now he becomes a FIRE-Attribute monster and gains 1,000 Attack Points!" MegaMan's hand had now become a flaming blade, increasing his power (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 1900 + 1000 = 2900).

"Nice, but that won't help you, my dude!" Lemon commented.

The boy knew what he had to do as he began to jump from platform to platform. Lemon Zest knew what her opponent was doing as she began to move, hoping to cut him off from finding any Action Cards. Golden ran, out of the corner of his eye, he saw Lemon also running as the two were jumping all over the place. The boy saw something shining as he dived for it.

"MegaMan, attack T.G. Halberd!" commanded Golden.

"My monster beats yours by 1,100 Attack Points!" stated Lemon as she was confused by what the boy was doing.

"Not for long it won't! I play the Action Card, Attack Force! Since a monster of mine is attacking a monster with higher Attack Points, it gains 600 Attack Points during the battle!" said Golden as he boosted his warrior's strength (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 2900 + 600 = 3500).

"Cute trick, dude! But that's not enough to take my monster!" said Lemon as she continued to jump.

"Which I why found this also, the Action Card, High Dive! Now I can give 1,000 extra Attack Points to my monster till the end of the turn!" said the boy as he made his warrior stronger once more.

With the two powerups, MegaMan (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 3500 + 1000 = 4500) brought its sword down on the machine creature as it looked to block with its weapon, only for it to shatter and slice him in half as he burst and Lemon felt the attack. It pushed her to the edge of the platform she was standing off as she wobbled. She then went over and she quickly grabbed onto the ledge with her hand. The girl dangled for a bit before swinging her body to land on the platform (Lemon Zest: 7,600 - 500 = 7,100 LP).

"I'll end my turn and my monster's Attack Points go back to normal." stated Golden (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 4500 - 1600 = 2900).

Turn 7: Lemon Zest - Hand: 3

"Alright, dude. You wanna play rough, I can play rough!" stated Lemon Zest as she drew her card. "To start, I'll summon my Morphtronic Boomboxen in defense mode! Then I'll end my turn."


Morphtronic Boomboxen
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 4
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 1200
DEF: 400
Effect: ●While in Attack Position, this card can attack twice during each Battle Phase.
●Once per turn, while in Defense Position, when a face-up "Morphtronic" monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can negate the attack.


Turn 8: Golden Flare - Hand: 2

"...That's it? All that talk and hardly anything to show for it?" mocked Golden as he drew, "You know what my monster does, so I'm adding another 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell to my hand. Then I'm summoning this little guy, IceMan.EXE (1300/1100)!" stated the boy as a tiny monster wearing a parka appeared.

"I'm then activating my IceMan's ability, once per turn, I can target one of your monsters and have their effects negated until the end of the turn. So your Boomboxen won't be using its special abilities!" stated Golden as his monster shot out snowballs to freeze the machine. "Now, IceMan, attack her monster!"

Lemon Zest was already a step ahead of Golden as the girl was moving about the field looking for an Action Card. She saw one as she picked it up while running and then did a front flip as she landed.

"I activate the Action Card, Big Escape! So now the battle ends!" said Lemon as she managed to stop Golden from launching his assault.

"Clever, I'll end my turn with a face-down."

Turn 9: Lemon Zest - Hand: 3

"It's my turn, and I summon my Morphtronic Radion in attack mode!" A radio was shown as it made some broadcast sounds before it transformed and took its shape.


Morphtronic Radion
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 4
Type: Thunder/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 900
Effect: ●While in Attack Position: "Morphtronic" monsters you control gain 800 ATK.
●While in Defense Position: "Morphtronic" monsters you control gain 1000 DEF.


"I then activate my monster's ability, while he's in attack mode, all my 'Morphtronic' monsters gain 800 Attack Points!" said Lemon Zest (Morphtronic Radion: ATK 1000 + 800 = 1800) (Morphtronic Boomboxen: ATK 1200 + 800 = 2000), "Now Radion attack his IceMan!" commanded the girl as her monster took out Golden's with ease (Golden Flare: 7,600 - 500 = 7,100 LP).

"With that, I'll lay one card face-down and end my turn!"

Turn 10: Golden Flare - Hand: 3

"My draw, and because of my MegaMan, I'm adding another 'Battle Chip' Equip Spell to my hand. I then activate Battle Chip - LongSwrd to give my MegaMan 1,000 extra Attack Points and the ability to deal piercing damage!" stated Golden (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 2900 + 1000 = 3900). "Now attack her Boomboxen!"

"Not gonna happen, I activate Boomboxen's ability! While it's in defense mode, if a 'Morphtronic' is attacked, I can negate it!" said Lemon Zest as her boombox began to blare soundwaves that caused Golden's monster to back off.

"Clever girl." said Golden.

Turn 11: Lemon Zest - Hand: 2

"My turn!" said Lemon as she drew her card. "I'll reveal my face-down, Morphtronic Mix-up!"


Morphtronic Mix-up
Normal Trap Card
Effect: If you control 2 or more face-up "Morphtronic" monsters, select 2 cards your opponent controls. Destroy 1 card of your opponent's choice from those 2.


"Since I control 2 or more 'Morphtronics', I can select two cards you control and you choose which one you want to destroy. So is it gonna be your MegaMan or your Battle Chip - LongSwrd?" asked Lemon.

"Rgh...I choose to get rid of my Battle Chip - LongSwrd." said Golden as he wasn't happy about that (MegaMan.EXE: ATK 3900 - 1000 = 2900).

"Smart, next I'm playing Pot of Greed to draw two cards. I then summon Morphtronic Slingen!" said Lemon Zest as another one of her monsters appeared which transformed into a slingshot.


Morphtronic Slingen
Attribute: WIND
Level: 4
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 1200
DEF: 800
Effect: ●While in Attack Position: Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 "Morphtronic" monster, except "Morphtronic Slingen", to destroy 1 card on the field.
●While in Defense Position: If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another "Morphtronic" monster you control instead.


"Don't forget he gets the power up from my Radion as well (Morphtronic Slingen: ATK 1200 + 800 = 2000). I then flip up my Pot of Avarice to target five monsters in my Graveyard and shuffle them back into my deck. Then I get to draw two cards. So I'll take back my Morphtronic Smartfon, Cameran, Remoten, Vacuumen, and Junk Box!" All five cards ejected from Lemon Zest's Graveyard slot of her Duel Disk. She took them and placed them on top of her deck as the auto shuffler kicked in and she drew.

"I then play Junk Box, so I can bring back my Morphtronic Magnen (800/800)!" said the girl as she had another monster on the field. "Then I'm activating Slingen's ability, by tributing my Magnen, I can destroy one card on the field! So say goodbye to your MegaMan!"

Slingen loaded up its shot as Magen turned into a ball of light that was shot toward Golden's monster as it bit the dust, including his other Equip Spell.

"And with you defenseless, my monsters can attack you directly! Morphtronic Slingen and Radion, give it to him!" declared the girl. Both her monsters shot out their respective attacks as Golden put his arms up to cover himself (Golden Flare: 7,100 - 1,800 - 2,000 = 3,300 LP).

"And that's all for my Battle Phase!" said Lemon. Soon something began to happen.

Golden looked up as he could see something flashing. On the right bicep of Lemon, there was a mark. That mark was a number as it glowed the number 34. Soon the dark aura began to surround the girl as it entered her deck and cards and soon herself. She then looked at Golden as she was now awakening to its power.

"Now...I overlay my Morphtronic Slingen, Radion, and Boomboxen! With these three monsters, I build the Overlay Network!" shouted the girl as all three of her creatures turned into orbs of light and hovered in the air. A galaxy portal opened as then entered and a pillar of light emerged. "The countdown for your demise has already begun, and only the cards can break your curse! I Xyz Summon! Here comes Rank 4, Number 34: Doom Box in defense mode!!" The girl thrust her hand into the air as her monster made its presence known; a giant boom-box-like radio appeared with demonic red eyes, speakers, two antennes emitting electricity linking each other together, and a screen where a radio frequency is set instead is a countdown timer currently set at 0.


Number 34: Doom Box
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 4
Type: Machine/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 3500
Effect: 3 Level 4 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Place 1 Doom Counter for every 100 LP your opponent currently has (max. 80). During each Standby Phase: Remove 1 Doom Counter from this card. If this card has no Doom Counters during the Standby Phase: You win the Duel. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, remove 10 Doom Counters from this card.


Golden saw the monster before him as it was another Barian Number. His Extra Deck was now glowing as he could tell the other Number cards he collected felt the presence of the Number and began to resonate. He wasn't the only one as Isaac's deck box on his belt also glowed. The boy was the only one to see it as everybody else was distracted by the duel. Isaac reached to his side as he pulled out the card and looked at it. Soon the spirit of his Number appeared and stood by her master.

"Looks like there's more than one Number card being used in the Friendship Games." said Isaac's Number.

"Indeed. Time to see what it can do." said the boy to his magician.

"When my Doom Box is summoned, I can place 1 Doom Counter for every 100 life points you have. So since you have 3,300 life points at the moment, my Doom Box has 33 counters!" stated Lemon as the number on Doom Box's screen counted up from 0 to 33 (Number 34: Doom Box: 0 + 33 = 33 Doom Counters).

Golden was confused as soon he saw the image of Lemon Zest directly in front of him. The boy jumped back a bit as he was scared. The girl was gone when he stepped back as if she disappeared into thin air. Soon a giggle was heard as he looked around to see where it was coming from. He was distracted that he didn't see the image of Lemon Zest appear right next to him as she whispered into his ear as the boy could feel her hot breath tickle his ear. She smiled before disappearing as he fell onto his behind.

Golden was a bit off his game at all that transpired as when he looked back in front of him, there was Lemon standing with the number glowing on her bicep. The girl had an evil smile as she flashed a flirty wink.

"I am officially freaked out now." stated Golden as he got up.

"Oh, I'm not done yet. 'Cause I activate Doom Box's ability, by using one Overlay Unit (Number 34: Doom Box: 3 - 1 = 2 OLU), I can reduce the number of Doom Counters on my monster by 10!" said Lemon Zest as her monster absorbed an Xyz material, the number on its screen dropped significantly (Number 34: Doom Box: 33 - 10 = 23 Doom Counters).

"Do I dare ask what happens if it reaches zero?" asked Golden.

"Simply, you lose the duel," stated Lemon, "And by the way, during each of my Standby Phases, the Doom Counters go down by 1. So right now, it has 23 counters. That means in three turns if you can't destroy my monster, you lose!"

Turn 12: Golden Flare - Hand: 4

Great, so now what do I do? I don't have a single monster on my field, so I can fusion summon one of my heavy hitters. And none of the cards in my hand can help me right now. What do I do?

It appeared that Golden was reaching the end of his rope as he was staring at Lemon's monster and was having a hard time trying to figure out a plan. The boy didn't know what to do, just then a voice called out.

"Do you want to win, Golden?”

Golden's eyes widened, That voice...

"Do you want to win, Golden? Are you willing to do whatever it takes?"

Golden swallowed heavily and nodded. “Yes."

"And what would you be willing to do for that victory?"

"...Anything and everything, if it means my friends can qualify...!"

"Then you know what must be done.”

A bead of sweat rolled down Golden's face. His breathing was heavy, his chin quivering, and he slowly reached out his hand. He put it on top of his deck as an aura began to glow. The numbers 17 and 70 appeared on the backs of his hands. The boy then had his eyes shot open as he looked at Lemon with a bit of darkness in them and the number 64 glowed in his right eye.

"It's my turn, Dark Draw!" shouted the boy as his hand had a dark aura surrounding it that transferred to the card he drew as it changed.

"Huh?" said Lemon Zest.

"Go ahead, use the Dark Chip!"

"To start, I'm summoning my AquaMan.EXE in defense mode!" shouted the boy as his voice sounded a bit deeper. "Then I'm activating this, Dark Chip - DrkInvis!"


AquaMan.EXE
Attribute: WATER
Level: 3
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1200
DEF: 1600
Effect: During each Standby Phase, add 1 "Battle Chip" Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn, discard 1 "Battle Chip" Spell from your hand: This card cannot be destroyed by battle until the End Phase.


Dark Chip - DrkInvis
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Can only be used when you control a ".EXE" monster. Activate 1 of these effects:
•Special Summon "MegaMan.EXE - Dark Soul" from your Extra Deck, ignoring its summoning conditions.
•Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle, but must be destroyed during the End Phase on the turn you activated this effect.


"Did he say, Dark Chip?" asked Sunset as she was concerned for her friend about what was suddenly going on with him.

"What are you doing?" asked Lemon.

"Since I control an '.EXE' monster, I can Special summon a special Xyz Monster. Make way for MegaMan.EXE - Dark Soul!" shouted Golden as he managed to summon a brand new monster that nobody had seen before. The warrior appeared as it was covered from head to toe in black armor, darkness followed it as the only shred of light was the sword it carried. It glanced at Lemon and her monster as it glared at its enemies in absolute hatred.


MegaMan.EXE - Dark Soul
Attribute: DARK
Rank: 4
Type: Warrior/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 2900
DEF: 2600
Effect: 2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material, or take 2000 damage. Once per turn, if this card is equipped with a "Dark Chip" Equip Spell: Your opponent takes 2000 damage instead.


"Impressive, but it can't beat my monster." smirked Lemon.

"That's why he's not gonna be the one to take out your monster. 'Cause since I control a '.EXE' Xyz Monster, I can now summon a different monster from my Extra Deck. So Dark Soul, make way for another warrior! Go, Chaos Xyz Evolution! With the power of darkness, I call upon the one who rules over the Undernet! I Xyz Summon, Number 64: Bass.EXE (3000/2500, OLU: 1)!" shouted Golden as his monster turned into an orb of light and hovered in the air as a portal opened up in front of him. The orb then entered the portal as it exploded with dark energy. A warrior was shown in black, red, and bits of yellow as it held dark energy in its hand.

"There it is." stated Isaac as he and his Number finally got to see the card that Golden had in his possession.

"So you upgraded your previous monster for another one. At least this one is stronger, but it still ain't enough to take down my Number!" smiled Lemon.

"You better believe it is, 'cause I'm equipping him with this, Dark Chip - DrkSword!"


Dark Chip - DrkSword
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Can only be equipped to a ".EXE" monster. Increase the equipped monster's ATK by 2500. If the equipped monster attacked: Skip the Battle Phase for the next turn.


"So now my Bass.EXE gains 2,500 extra Attack Points (Number 64: Bass.EXE: ATK 3000 + 2500 = 5500), but I have to skip my Battle Phase next turn if he attacks! And here's a little secret, since I summoned my Bass.EXE using an Xyz Monster as Xyz Material, and by using an Overlay Unit (OLU: 1 - 1 = 0), it can attack three times per Battle Phase!" declared Golden.

"But then...that means..." gasped Lemon.

The girl soon had her answer as Golden gave the command to his new warrior. It leaped into the sky as the sword it carried was covered in dark energy as it infused with its soul. The eyes were yellow as they brought the weapon on Doom Box and sliced it straight in half as it exploded. Lemon Zest covered up as the number was still shining on her.

"Now to end this, attack her directly!!" shouted Golden as his voice echoed throughout the field.

The monster heard the command by his master as it locked eyes with its target. Then without a shred of mercy, it swung its blade and struck down Lemon Zest who couldn't protect herself as she was thrown off the platform she was on and crashed into the field below (Lemon Zest: 7,100 - 5,500 - 5,500 = 0 LP).

WINNER: Golden Flare
New Accomplishment Earned: Overkill
"Deal more than 8,000 damage to your opponent in one turn in Ranked Duel Mode."

"The winner of the first Action duel is...Golden Flare from Team CHS!" said Cadence as she announced the results of the duel.

The students of CHS were cheering as they gave each other high fives and shouted from the stands. Golden's teammates were also glad that he won when it seemed he was about to be defeated. However, for Sunset, she could tell that something was off about her friend and was concerned for him.

With Golden, after he had collected Lemon's Number, the dark aura that surrounded the boy and the Numbers disappeared as he felt dizzy. He fell to a knee and clutched his head as it felt like someone hit him with a hammer to his cranium. He looked at his hand as he was now holding brand new cards.

"Dark Chip" cards? And a "Dark Soul" Xyz Monster? I don't remember having these cards...wait... Golden's eyes widened as he realized something, Why can't I remember ANYTHING? I recall dueling Lemon Zest, she had me on the ropes, and then...nothing. The next thing I know, I...think I won. he looked over at his opponent, who was struggling to pick herself up off the ground, Why does she look bruised? The ARC System shouldn't do THAT kind of damage... Golden came to a horrifying realization as to how that happened to Lemon and it shocked him to his core.

"...I did this."

He looked up as he glanced over to Crystal Prep's side. His gaze was focused on one individual as he made sure that he saw what he did. From afar, Isaac could tell Golden was staring at him as he put his Number safely away.

"The Numbers probably did this to me...but how...?" muttered the boy, "...I can't duel like this if I'm gonna lose control. Something has to change."

He then got up, pocketed his new cards, and went back to his side. As he walked, he was congratulated by his peers, teammates, and even his friends, but it all sounded like a dull static in his ears; he had lost absolute control and hurt a fellow duelist in the crossfire, he couldn't feel good at all with this win, he felt...dirty.

Tarnished.

DISGUSTING.

All these negative thoughts and more running rampant in his head, at least until Sunset and Pinkie walked up to him, concern laced in their eyes.

"Hey...you okay?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah, you...don't look happy that you won." Pinkie added.

You don't deserve their concern. You don't deserve their kindness.

But he knew he needed it right now. Golden hugged both Sunset and Pinkie in each of his arms and whispered, "...I think something's wrong with me."


As her fellow Shadowbolts lifted Lemon and guided her beaten, battered, and bruised form off the field and to the infirmary, the next half of the Action Duel section of the Relay was about to begin.

"The second duel will start in a few moments. Will the participants please make their way to the field?" said Luna over the P.A. system.

"I'm up, y'all." said Applejack as she put on her D-Pad and began to walk out to the field.

"Guess it's my turn." said Twilight.

"Good luck, Twilight. I'll be cheering for you." said Isaac offering his support for his friend.

"Thanks." said the girl as she took a deep breath. She put on her Duel Disk and inserted her deck as she began to make her way to the field. Twilight was stopped by Principal Cinch as the woman looked at the girl.

"Win! Make up for what Lemon Zest couldn't. Is that understood?"

"Y-Yes, Principal Cinch."

"Good, 'cause I hate to think we added you to our ranks only for you to fail. But we have nothing to worry about, surely? So I'd expect you to pull your weight, Ms. Sparkle, is that understood?"

"Yes, Principal Cinch." nodded Twilight as she made her way to the field.

Cinch watched her go as she glared at Golden, not noticing or even caring about his depressed and disturbed demeanor, fuming at Lemon's defeat because of him, Damn that brat! His efforts to win are now becoming a personal insult to me AND my school! And I will NOT allow that insult to stand! Brace yourself, child, for we have not even used a mere FRACTION of our power!!

Both girls were now standing apart from each other. For AJ, while it may not have been the Twilight she knew, it was still nice to see a familiar face.

"Good luck, Twilight." said Applejack.

"Right." said the girl with a weak smile.

//Generating "Action Field: Crossover."// said the ARC System as it began to work its magic. //Actions Cards disbursed.// A huge sphere of cards that had the letter "A" on the back of them was all scattered across the field that would allow the duelists to pick them up and use them. They each put on their Duel Gazers as Twilight turned on her Duel Disk to project a purple card tray while Applejack turned on her D-Pad.

"Let's duel!" said both girls.

Applejack: 8000 LP
Twilight Sparkle: 8000 LP

Turn 1: Applejack - Hand: 5

"I'll start, I draw!" said AJ as she picked up the top card of her deck. " I summon Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio!" A black scorpion appeared in front of Applejack, roots on its back running up to a plant sprout behind its stinger tail.


Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio
Attribute: DARK
Level: 3
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 1200
DEF: 800
Effect: If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 monster from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Predaplant" monster from your Deck, except "Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio". You can only use this effect of "Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio" once per turn.


"Now the effect of my Scorpio activates, when he's summoned, I can send one monster from mah hand to the Grave, and in exchange, I can Special Summon 1 'Predaplant' monster from my Deck. So I send mah Predaplant Cordyceps to mah Graveyard, and Special Summon mah Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra (1000/1500)." A snake with a body like a plant vine slithered in front of Applejack, its jaws patterned like flower petals.


Predaplant Cordyceps
Attribute: DARK
Level: 1
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 0
DEF: 0
Effect: During your Standby Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 2 Level 4 or lower "Predaplant" monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, also, for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Fusion Monsters, nor Normal Summon/Set any monsters.


Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra
Attribute: DARK
Level: 3
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 1500
Effect: If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Predaplant" monster: You can add 1 "Polymerization" Spell Card or "Fusion" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra" once per Duel.


"Since I summoned Darlingtonia Cobra from mah Deck, I can use its ability. Now I can add one 'Polymerization' from mah Deck to mah hand." Applejack's Duel Pad then slotted out the card for her to grab. "Ah then set one card face-down and end my turn. Now let's see what you've got, partner."

Turn 2: Twilight Sparkle - Hand: 5

"Now, it's my turn!" said Twilight as she drew her card and began to analyze the situation, "I'll begin by playing this, Spellbook Library of the Crescent. Since I currently have no 'Spellbooks' spell cards in my graveyard, I can reveal 3 different 'Spellbooks' from my deck. So I reveal Spellbook of Secrets, Spellbook of Power, and Spellbook of Knowledge!" Twilight's card appeared above the girl for all to see as they each turned to show their backside and began to shuffle.


Spellbook Library of the Crescent
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you have no "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard: Reveal 3 "Spellbook" Spell Cards with different names from your Deck, your opponent randomly adds 1 of them to your hand, and shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook Library of the Crescent" per turn. You cannot activate any Spell Cards the turn you activate this card, except "Spellbook" Spell Cards.


Spellbook of Secrets
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Add 1 "Spellbook" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Spellbook of Secrets". You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of Secrets" per turn.


Spellbook of Power
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 Spellcaster monster you control; this turn, it gains 1000 ATK. And if it does, each time it destroys an opponent's monster by battle this turn: You can add 1 "Spellbook" Spell from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of Power" per turn.


Spellbook of Knowledge
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Send to the GY either 1 Spellcaster monster you control, or 1 other "Spellbook" card from your hand or face-up field, except "Spellbook of Knowledge", and if you do, draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of Knowledge" per turn.


"Now you pick which card gets added to my hand, and the rest go back in my Deck," said the girl as the cards above her stopped spinning and spread out in a line. "Take your pick."

"Mmm...I choose...the one in the middle," said Applejack as she pointed.

"Very well," said Twilight as she took the card AJ picked and added it to her hand. She placed the others on top of her Deck as the auto-shuffler kicked in. "Now, I'll play Spellbook Organization. So I can look at the top 3 cards of my deck and put them in any order I want."


Spellbook Organization
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Look at the top 3 cards of your Deck, then return them to the top of the Deck in any order.


"Sheesh, she really loves books." said Astral Flare to the gang at how organized and calculating Twilight was in Duel Monsters.

Twilight's Duel Disk showed her the cards she wanted to see as she began to rearrange them.

"I'll then summon my Charioteer of Prophecy!" A magical swordsman was shown riding on a white horse as he held his hand out and magic flowed through his weapon.


Charioteer of Prophecy
Attribute: WIND
Level: 4
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 1800
DEF: 1300
Effect: Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Spellbook" Spell Card to target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.


"Now attack her Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra!"

"I reveal mah facedown, Plant Food Chain! This gives mah monster an extra 500 hundred points!” stated AJ as she managed to minimize the damage she took (Applejack: 8,000 - 300 = 7,700 LP).


Plant Food Chain
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Target 1 Plant-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target. It gains 500 ATK. If this card is destroyed by a card effect while equipped: You can target 1 Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.


"I'll then lay one card and end my turn."

Turn 3: Applejack - Hand: 4

"Mah turn, I draw, and I'll start by activating the Spell Card, Predapruning."


Predapruning
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Activate this card by targeting 1 "Predaplant" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it and equip it with this card. When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster.


"Ah use it to revive Darlington Cobra from the Graveyard!” Applejack’s field shook and ripped open a chasm; Darlingtonia Cobra (1000/1500) slithered out from within it. Applejack picked a card from her hand and swung it into her Duel Pad. “Next, Ah activate Polymerization! I fuse Darlington Cobra with Ophrys Scorpio!” The crowd cheered as Applejack’s two monsters swirled together in a vortex of green light. “Ah combine mah stinging predator and mah venomous predator, and let a vicious new plant bloom!” Applejack took the card her duel disk ejected as she held it up high. “I Fusion Summon! Level 7! Predaplant Chimerafflesia!” A large coil of vines burst from the chasm and splayed out on the field. A large circular mouth ringed with teeth and surrounded by plump pink petals was at the end of the largest of the vines, and two smaller mouths rose beside it on smaller vines.


Predaplant Chimerafflesia
Attribute: DARK
Level: 7
Type: Plant/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2000
Effect: 1 "Predaplant" monster + 1 DARK monster
Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field with a Level less than or equal to this card's; banish it. When an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's face-up monster: You can activate this effect; until the end of this turn, that opponent's monster loses 1000 ATK, and if it does, this card gains 1000 ATK. Once per turn, during the next Standby Phase after this card was sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Polymerization" Spell or "Fusion" Spell from your Deck to your hand.


Applejack pointed at Twilight's monster. “Ah activate Chimerafflesia’s effect. I can target any monster on the field with a lower level than it, and banish it!” Chimerafflesia lashed out its two-mouthed vines towards Charioteer.

"I reveal my face-down, Spellbook of Immorality! With this, I can target one Spellcaster on my field and it's unaffected by card effects until the end of the turn!" said Twilight as a barrier formed around her monster as the vines bounced off of it.


Spellbook of Immorality
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 Spellcaster-Type monster you control: It is unaffected by card effects until the End Phase.


"Clever, guess I'll have ta take it out the old-fashioned way. Chimerafflesia, attack Charioteer!” Chimerafflesia lashed out its tentacles again and shattered Twilight's monster (Twilight Sparkle: 8,000 - 700 = 7,300 LP).

"I end mah turn."

Turn 4: Twilight Sparkle - Hand: 3

"It's my turn, and I summon my Strength of Prophecy!" Out came a female sorcerer as she was hovering in the air as magical symbols were on her dress.


Strength of Prophecy
Attribute: FIRE
Level: 4
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 1500
DEF: 1400
Effect: Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Spellbook" Spell Card from your Graveyard into your Deck to target 1 face-up Spellcaster-Type monster on the field; increase its Level by 1 and its ATK by 500.


"Then I'll activate her ability, once per turn I can shuffle a 'Spellbook' from my Graveyard back to my Deck. And then I can target one Spellcaster on my field to gain 500 extra attack points and increase its Level by 1." said Twilight as her monster got stronger (Strength of Prophecy: ATK 1500 + 500 = 2000 / Level 4 + 1 = 5) Her Duel Disk ejected her Spellbook of Immorality as she placed it on top of her Deck and the auto-shuffler kicked in.

"Now, I'll play my Spellbook of Fate."


Spellbook of Fate
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: If you control a Spellcaster-Type monster: You can banish up to 3 "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Graveyard; apply this effect, depending on the number of Spell Cards banished for this card's activation. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of Fate" per turn.
●1: Return 1 Set Spell/Trap Card on the field to the hand.
●2: Change 1 monster on the field to face-down Defense Position or face-up Attack Position.
●3: Banish 1 card your opponent controls.


"Now I can banish up to 3 'Spellbook' cards in my Graveyard. So I'll banish the last two in my Grave so that I can activate its second effect, which allows me to change your monster to face-down defense position!" stated Twilight as AJ's monster flipped down, "Then I'll give her a power boost by playing my Spellbook of Power. Until the end of the turn, she gains 1,000 extra attack points. So now she has just enough to destroy your monster and you can't activate your monster's ability." said Twilight as her sorcerer fired a magic spell that took out the plant creature.

"Now the other effect of my Spellbook of Power activates. Since my monster destroyed yours, I can add a 'Spellbook' to my hand. So I'll choose my Spellbook of Secrets, but I'll immediately play it. So I can retrieve another Spellbook that I want." said Twilight.

"Geez, she really is an egghead in Duel Monsters as well." said Rainbow as she couldn't take all the books that Twilight was playing.

Twilight's Duel Disk ejected the card she wanted as she looked at it.

"I'll then lay the card face-down and end my turn."

Turn 5: Applejack - Hand: 3

"Not bad," said AJ as she smiled at Twilight's skills, "It's my turn and I draw! First, I use the effect of Chimerafflesia in the Graveyard. The turn after it gets destroyed, I can add a Fusion card from mah Deck to mah hand.” She then touched her screen and searched for the card she wanted from her Deck and then clicked on it as it slid out for her to grab. “Ah’ll take Fusion Recovery and activate it immediately to get Polymerization and Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio back to mah hand. And then I'll summon Scorpio to the field.” Applejack flipped a card out from her hand as her scorpion (1200/800) appeared in front of her. “Ah’ll use Scorpio’s ability and discard Rose Lover from mah hand, to summon Predaplant Flytrap from the deck!” The ground in front of Applejack cracked open. A small spindly vine with hand-like leaves and a pair of jaws formed from two large leaves grew up from the crack.


Rose Lover
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 1
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 800
DEF: 800
Effect: You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 Plant monster from your hand, and if you do, it is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects this turn. You can only use this effect of "Rose Lover" once per turn.


Predaplant Flytrap
Attribute: DARK
Level: 2
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 400
DEF: 800
Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; place 1 Predator Counter on it, and if it is Level 2 or higher, it becomes Level 1 as long as it has a Predator Counter. At the start of the Damage Step, when this card battles a monster with an equal or lower Level: You can destroy that monster, then increase this card's Level by the original Level of the destroyed monster.


"Ah use Predaplant Flytrap’s special ability and place a ‘Predator Counter’ on yer monster.” Flytrap opened its jaws and shot a glowing purple seed at Twilight's monster. The seed landed on the sorcerer's shoulder and sprouted into a tangled mass of green and purple vines, a growth in their center pulsing with purple light (Strength of Prophecy: Level 5 > 1). “As long as that Predator Counter is on your monster, its Level is sapped down to 1.” Applejack pointed, “And now, Predaplant Flytrap attacks Strength of Prophecy!” Flytrap lowered to the ground and slithered like a serpent toward Twilight's magician.

"Is AJ stupid?" asked Rainbow, "Her monster is way weaker than Twilight's, why attack?"

"I activate Flytrap's ability! See, any time it battles a monster with a lower level, that monster gets destroyed instantly.”

"Oh, never mind." said the chromatic-haired girl.

"I reveal my face-down, Spellbook of Denial!" said Twilight as her face-down flipped up. "As the name suggests, I can negate your attack on one of my Spellcasters!"


Spellbook of Denial
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Negate 1 of your opponent's attacks on a Spellcaster-Type monster you control.


Flytrap stopped its assault as it slithered back to AJ's side of the field.

"I hate to say it, but Twilight knows what she's doing. She's thought of and prepared for almost anything I try," said Applejack to herself, "I lay two cards face-down and end my turn!"

Turn 6: Twilight Sparkle - Hand: 1

"It's my move, and I draw," said Twilight as she drew her card, "I'll play Spellbook of Sacrifice."


Spellbook of Sacrifice
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Banish 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your GY: Draw cards from your Deck equal to that banished monster's Level.


"So by banishing a Spellcaster from my Graveyard, I can draw cards that are equal to that monster's Level. So I'll choose to sacrifice my Charioteer of Prophecy, and since he's Level 4, I can draw four more cards." Twilight's monster appeared as its spirit was transferred to her Deck as the magician gave one final parting gift to its fair maiden.

"By replenishing my hand, countless more strategic opportunities are available to me now," stated Twilight as she looked at her hand, "I'll now play my Green Gadget in attack mode."


Green Gadget
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 4
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 1400
DEF: 600
Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Red Gadget" from your Deck to your hand.


"And like every good gadget, it comes with a cool function. 'Cause thanks to his ability, when he's summoned, I can move 'Red Gadget' to my hand." stated the girl as her Duel Disk ejected her card and added it to her hand.

"Now, Strength of Prophecy attack her Flytrap!"

"I reveal my face-down, Fiendish Chain!” The Trap card flipped up and four black chains emerged from it. They snapped around the girl's limbs and pulled tight, sparking.


Fiendish Chain
Continuous Trap Card
Effect: Activate this card by targeting 1 Effect Monster on the field; negate the effects of that face-up monster while it is on the field, also that face-up monster cannot attack. When it is destroyed, destroy this card.


“With this card in play, your monster can’t attack and her effects are negated.”

"In that case, Green Gadget, take out her Flytrap!" said Twilight as she had her other monster take out AJ's tiny plant (Applejack: 7,700 - 1,000 = 6,700 LP).

"I activate my face-down, Bamboo Scrap!"


Bamboo Scrap
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Tribute 1 Plant-Type monster. Special Summon 2 "Plant Tokens" (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 800/DEF 500) to your opponent's side of the field in Defense Position.


Scorpio shimmered and exploded, leaving behind two orbs of green light. “By offerin' Scorpio as a tribute, I Special Summon two ‘Plant Tokens' (800/500) to yer field.” The green orbs floated in front of Twilight and turned into small growths of grass, eyes peeking out from them.

"What are you up to?" asked Twilight as she was confused why AJ would get rid of her other monster and leave herself wide open.

"Why did Applejack do that?" asked Pinkie.

"I have no idea." answered Golden.

"Mmm..." was all Twilight could say as he continued with her plan, "I play Spellbook of Knowledge. So by sending my Spellbook Star Hall to the Graveyard, I can draw two more cards from my Deck." stated the girl as she sent her cards to the Graveyard and drew.


Spellbook Star Hall
Continuous Spell Card
Effect: Each time a "Spellbook" Spell Card is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card. All Spellcaster-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Spell Counter on this card. When this card with Spell Counter(s) is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, whose Level is less than or equal to the number of Spell Counters that were on this card.


"I'll then lay one card face-down and end my turn."

Turn 7: Applejack - Hand: 2

"It's my move," said Applejack as she drew her card, "I set one card face-down and end mah turn."

Turn 8: Twilight Sparkle - Hand: 3

"Seems you got nothing to help you," smirked Twilight as she drew her card. "I'll now summon Red Gadget!"


Red Gadget
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 4
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 1300
DEF: 1500
Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Yellow Gadget" from your Deck to your hand.


And when he's summoned, I can move 'Yellow Gadget' to my hand." Twilight's Duel Disk ejected the card for her to grab, "Now time for my Gadgets to attack."

"I reveal my face-down, Counter Gate!" Applejack’s card flipped over to reveal a mirrored panel.


Counter Gate
Normal Trap Card
Effect: When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: Negate the attack, and if you do, draw 1 card, then if it is a monster, immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon it in face-up Attack Position.


"Ah can play this when you declare a direct attack. So now ah negate your attack and draw one card. Should it be a monster, I can summon it in attack position." She drew her card and flipped it open. “Ah got Predaplant Spinodionaea, so I summon it.” The mirror displayed an image of a large green lizard, its skin vibrant green like a vine. The mirror shattered and the lizard leaped onto the field with a growl. A mouth formed of plant leaves sprouted on its back and opened, the maw quivering.


Predaplant Spinodionaea
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 1800
DEF: 0
Effect: If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; place 1 Predator Counter on it, and if it is Level 2 or higher, it becomes Level 1 as long as it has a Predator Counter. After damage calculation, if this card battled a monster with an equal or lower Level: You can Special Summon 1 "Predaplant" monster from your Deck, except "Predaplant Spinodionaea".


"Not bad," said Twilight as she called off her assault, "I end my turn."

Turn 9: Applejack - Hand: 2

Applejack drew her card, looked at it, and smiled, "I activate Fragrance Storm."


Fragrance Storm
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 Plant-Type monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, draw 1 card, then if that card is a Plant-Type monster, you can reveal it and draw 1 more card.


"This lets me destroy a Plant monster on the field and draw a card. Ya don’t seem to want those Plant Tokens, so let me git rid of one.” Twilight looked down as the token dispersed into leaves. Applejack drew and flipped her card over. “Ah drew Predaplant Moray Nepenthes, so the effect of Fragrance Storm lets me reveal it ta draw again.” She drew her second card, looked down at it, and grinned.

"So that's why you summoned those tokens to my field earlier. To not only fill my field, but to use them to your advantage and draw more cards." stated Twilight.

"Eeyup." said AJ doing her best impression of her big brother.

"But you still have to deal with my monsters." said Twilight.

"Well, that's all 'bout to change," Applejack reached for her hand, “I summon Predaplant Moray Nepenthes from mah hand.” A growth of dark brown roots sprouted in front of Applejack, two vines on the top blooming into twin mouths.


Predaplant Moray Nepenthes
Attribute: DARK
Level: 4
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 1600
DEF: 1000
Effect: This card gains 200 ATK for each Predator Counter on the field. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can equip that monster to this card. Once per turn: You can target 1 Monster Card equipped to this card by this card's effect; destroy it, and if you do, gain LP equal to its original ATK.


"Then I play, Polymerization and with it, I'll fuse my Spinodionaea and Moray Nepenthes!" A purple vortex with tendrils of green energy appeared behind Applejack and drew in her two monsters. The vortex spun and flashed, its light growing. “Ah combine mah reptilian predator and my twin-headed predator, and unleash a vicious botanical nightmare!” Applejack held her card up. “Ah Fusion Summon! Level 8! Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!” She slammed her card on her Duel Pad, the card tray lighting up purple.

The ground shook as a massive plant bud grew behind Applejack and rose into the air. It shone purple and burst apart, a dragon flying out of it and circling the field. Its body was lithe and green, armored in hardened purple growths with thorns emerging from them. Orbs of orange light lit up on its claws, shoulders, and wings, pulsing with energy. The dragon stopped its flight above Applejack, a vine-like tail lashing the air, and roared.


Starving Venom Fusion Dragon
Attribute: DARK
Level: 8
Type: Dragon/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2800
DEF: 2000
Effect: 2 DARK monsters on the field, except Tokens
If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make this card gain ATK equal to 1 opponent's Special Summoned monster, until the end of this turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls; until the End Phase, this card's name becomes that monster's original name, and replace this effect with that monster's original effects. If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed: You can destroy all your opponent's Special Summoned monsters.


"That's one big dragon." said Twilight looking at the creature that hovered above AJ.

"Why don't you take a closer look? Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, attack her Red Gadget!" ordered Applejack to her monster.

"I reveal my face-down, Call of the Earthbound! So now your dragon is attacking my Strength of Prophecy!" said Twilight as she managed to redirect the attack to reduce the amount of damage.


Call of the Earthbound
Normal Trap Card
Effect: When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You choose the target of the attack.


Starving Venom Fusion Dragon swooped down and flew forward. The orbs covering its body sent streams of energy curling into its mouth, congregating into a large fireball. The fireball launched and engulfed Twilight's monster, a plume of smoke shooting into the air. The girl looked away, teeth gritted, as her monster exploded (Twilight Sparkle: 7,300 - 800 = 6,500 LP).

"I end my turn." said Applejack.

Turn 10: Twilight Sparkle - Hand: 4

"It's my move, and I'll play Graceful Charity. So I draw three cards and discard two," stated Twilight as she picked up and then carefully made her decision on which cards she wanted to get rid of. "I then play my Hermit of Prophecy." Out came an elder magician as he had a cane and wore a wizard hat.


Hermit of Prophecy
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 3
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 1200
DEF: 1200
Effect: Each time a "Spellbook" Spell Card is activated, increase this card's Level by 2 and ATK by 300.


"Then I'm activating another one of my many Spellbooks, Spellbook of Revival."


Spellbook of Revival
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Pay 500 LP; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Spellcaster-Type monster from your GY.


"So I pay 500 Life Points and I can resurrect one Level 5 or lower Spellcaster from my Graveyard. So I'm bringing back my Strength of Prophecy (1500/1400)!" declared the girl as she had another magician (Twilight Sparkle: 6,500 - 500 = 6,000 LP).

"Now, since I activated a 'Spellbook' my Hermit's ability allows him to increase his Level by 2 and gain 300 extra attack points (Hermit of Prophecy: Level 3 + 2 = 5 / ATK 1200 + 300 = 1500). Then I'm activating my Strength of Prophecy's ability, so I'm shuffling back my Spellbook of Revival into my deck, and I can increase my Strength of Prophecy by 500 extra attack points and give it an extra Level (Strength of Prophecy: Level 4 + 1 = 5 / ATK 1500 + 500 = 2000)!" stated Twilight.

"Uh-oh..." said AJ.

"I now overlay both my Strength of Prophecy and Hermit of Prophecy to construct the Overlay Network!" shouted Twilight as both of her monsters turned into orbs of light and hovered in the air. A portal opened up as the orbs entered and a pillar of light emerged. "When fate's power and lonesomeness come together, I can bring forth the feminine imperial ruler!I Xyz Summon! Rank 5! Empress of Prophecy!" A throne was shown and sitting on it was a beautiful woman who wore white clothing with hints of gold. In her hand was a staff that flowed with magic.


Empress of Prophecy
Attribute: LIGHT
Rank: 5
Type: Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 2000
DEF: 1700
Effect: 2 Level 5 Spellcaster-Type monsters
This card gains 300 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to a monster you control. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; shuffle your Deck, then excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck, destroy monsters on the field up to the number of "Spellbook" cards excavated, also, after that, place the excavated cards on the top of the Deck in any order.


"Kinda weak, no offense, sugar." said Applejack.

"Don't judge a book by its cover. 'Cause my Empress gains 300 extra attack points for every Xyz material that I control. So with hers, she gains 600 more points (Empress of Prophecy: ATK 2000 + 600 = 2600)."

"Even then, my dragon beats her by 200."

"Then let me activate my Empress' ability, by using one Overlay Unit (Empress of Prophecy: OLU 2 - 1 = 1), I can shuffle my Deck. Then I look at the top five cards, then I'm allowed to destroy as many of your monsters as there are Spellbooks that I reveal," said Twilight as the auto-shuffler kicked in. She then picked up the five cards and looked at them, "Looks like I revealed 3 Spellbooks, either way, it's more than enough to take down your dragon." smirked Twilight as she put her cards back in the order she wanted. Her Empress then pointed her staff and fired a beam at AJ's dragon.

"My dragon may be goin' down, but he's taking your monster with him. 'Cause when mah dragon is destroyed, so are all your Special Summoned monsters! So say goodbye to your Empress!" shouted Applejack. Her dragon fired a purple beam before the attack hit it, as Twilight's magician was also gone.

"Good thing I still have my Gadgets! Green Gadget, attack her directly!" commanded Twilight.

This time, Applejack began to run as she was now leaping from platform to platform. She found was she was looking for as she grabbed it and jumped.

"I play the Action Spell, Evasion! So I dodge your Green Gadget's attack!" stated Applejack while she was in the air as Green Gadget flew past her.

"Red Gadget, your turn!" shouted Twilight.

Applejack landed on the platform below her as the monster appeared in front of her. It raised its fist to punch the girl as AJ put her duel disk up to block the punch and hold her ground. The monster then returned to Twilight's side (Applejack: 6,700 - 1,300 = 5,400 LP).

"I end my turn."

Turn 11: Applejack - Hand: 2

"It's ma turn, and Ah play Dragon's Mirror!" A large mirror appeared in the air, the wings, claws, and tail of a dragon carved from its frame.


Dragon's Mirror
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Fusion Summon 1 Dragon Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your field or GY.


“This lets me banish the fusion parts needed from ma field or Graveyard to summon a Dragon-Type Fusion monster from mah Extra Deck. I banish Predaplant Flytrap and Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!”

The mirror pulsed and glowed purple, it's surface cloudy. Applejack reached to her Duel Pad, fingers poised. “I combine mah botanical nightmare and mah carnivorous predator, to bring out a toxic terror like no other!” The mirror cracked down in the center, the image of glowing purple eyes appearing in either half. “I Fusion Summon! Level 10! Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon!” The mirror shattered and a massive dragon flew out of the frame. Its serpentine body was glowing blue, purple, and yellow, streaks of light along its limbs. Wings like the growths of a plant spread behind it, crackling with energy. It circled to float in front of Applejack, roaring down at Twilight.


Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon
Attribute: DARK
Level: 10
Type: Dragon/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 3300
DEF: 2500
Effect: 1 "Predaplant" monster + 1 DARK monster whose original Level is 8 or higher
Must first be Fusion Summoned. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the end of this turn, change that target's ATK to 0, also that target has its effects negated. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Destroy as many monsters on the field as possible, then you can banish 1 Level 8 or higher DARK monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.


"I activate Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon's ability; once per turn, I can target one monster you control and not only drop its attack points to zero but negate any effects it has!" said Applejack as she pointed at Twilight's Red Gadget. The dragon roared as vines from its body attached to the monster and sucked its vitality from it.

"Now, attack her Red Gadget!" shouted Applejack.

Twilight now began to move as she was looking for an Action Card. The girl saw one as she grabbed it.

"I activate the Action Spell, Damage Draw!" said Twilight as the attack made contact with her monster (Twilight Sparkle: 6,000 - 3,300 = 2,700 LP).

"With Damage Draw, if I take 2,000 or more points of damage, I can draw two cards!" stated Twilight.

"Risky play, Twi." smiled AJ as she ended her turn.

Turn 12: Twilight - Hand: 3

"But it'll be worth it, I draw! I play Spellbook of Eternity."


Spellbook of Eternity
Normal Spell Card
Effect: Target 1 of your banished "Spellbook" Spell Cards, except "Spellbook of Eternity"; add that target to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of Eternity" per turn.


"So I can target one of my banished 'Spellbooks' and add it to my hand. So I'll bring back my Spellbook Organization. Then play it to look at the next three cards of my deck and rearrange them in any order I desire." said Twilight as she once again changed the order of her cards to her liking.

"Then I'm summoning my Temperance of Prophecy!" Out came a hooded female sorcerer as she held some cups in her hands that had smoke flowing from them.


Temperance of Prophecy
Attribute: EARTH
Level: 3
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 1000
DEF: 1000
Effect: During your Main Phase, if you have activated a "Spellbook" Spell Card previously this turn: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher LIGHT or DARK Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck. You cannot Special Summon another Level 5 or higher monster during the turn you activate this effect.


"I now activate her ability, since I activated a Spellbook previously, I can Tribute her to Special Summon one Level 5 or higher LIGHT or DARK spellcaster from my Deck." The cups that Temperance was holding began to glow. She started to chant some words as the cups started to fill. Soon they overflowed with smoke that poured out and surrounded the magician.

"I summon my World of Prophecy!" shouted Twilight as her monster appeared hovering above her as it shined with tons of light emitting from the creature.


World of Prophecy
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 9
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2900
DEF: 2400
Effect: When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Spellcaster-Type monster or a "Spellbook" Spell Card: You can target 2 "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard; add those targets to your hand. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect. When you add card(s) to your hand by this effect: You can reveal 4 "Spellbook" Spell Cards with different names in your hand; destroy all other cards on the field.


"Now since I Special Summoned my World of Prophecy by using a Spellcaster's effect, I can target two 'Spellbook' cards in my Graveyard and add them to my hand. So I'm taking back Spellbook of Eternity and Spellbook Organization. Then I'll reveal four 'Spellbooks'; Spellbook Of Eternity, Spellbook Organization, Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere, and Spellbook of Secrets."


Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you have 5 or more "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard: Excavate the top 2 cards of your Deck, add any excavated "Spellbook" Spell Cards to your hand, also shuffle the other cards into the Deck. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere" per turn. You cannot activate any Spell Cards the turn you activate this card, except "Spellbook" Spell Cards.


All four of Twilight's cards were shown as they appeared before Applejack.

"Why show that many cards in your hand?" asked AJ.

"Cause now my World of Prophecy can destroy every other card on the field!" declared Twilight as her magician put its hands together and began to gather the energies of the cosmos and universe. Orbs of different colored lights appeared as the orbs then shot out pillars of light as they nuked the entire field for both duelists.

"Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon can take out your monster when it's destroyed!" shouted Applejack as she shielded herself from the blast.

The entire field was left bare as both girls had nothing remaining. Both Twilight and Applejack were breathing hard as they were getting a fight with each other. The Crystal Prep girl looked at her hand as she continued her turn.

"I play Spellbook of Secrets to add another 'Spellbook' to my hand. Then play Spellbook Organization to look at the top 3 cards of my Deck and rearrange them." said Twilight as her Duel Disk ejected the card she wanted before it shuffled her Deck. The girl then looked at her top cards and put them in a different order.

"I then play Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere, since I have at least five 'Spellbooks' in my Graveyard. I can reveal the top two cards of my deck and then if they're 'Spellbooks', I can add them to my hand! Luckily for me, they are." said Twilight as she drew her cards and showed them off to be Spellbook of Judgement and Spellbook of Revival.


Spellbook of Judgement
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated, add "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Deck to your hand, except "Spellbook of Judgment", up to the number of Spell Cards activated after this card's resolution, then, you can Special Summon from your Deck 1 Spellcaster-Type monster whose Level is less than or equal to the number of cards added to your hand by this effect. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of Judgment" per turn.


"She's really good at manipulating her Deck." said Sunset as she and the others were amazed by how much organizing and rearranging Twilight was in getting her Deck to adapt to almost any situation.

"I then play one card face-down and end my turn!"

Turn 13: Applejack - Hand: 2

"My turn and Ah play ma own Graceful Charity so that Ah can draw three cards and discard two," stated AJ as she drew her cards and chose which ones to get rid of. "Ah then summon my Predaplant Squid Drosera in defense mode. Then since Ah sent my Predaplant Byblisp to the Graveyard, Ah can activate its effect to add a 'Predaplant' monster from my Deck to my hand. Ah'll take my Predaplant Sarracenia."


Predaplant Squid Drosera
Attribute: DARK
Level: 2
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 800
DEF: 400
Effect: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up monster you control; this turn, it can attack all monsters your opponent controls with a Predator Counter, once each. If this face-up card leaves the field: Place 1 Predator Counter on each Special Summoned monster your opponent controls, and if you do, any of those monsters that are Level 2 or higher become Level 1 as long as they have a Predator Counter.


Predaplant Byblisp
Attribute: DARK
Level: 1
Type: Plant/Effect
ATK: 0
DEF: 1900
Effect: If this card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Predaplant" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Predaplant Byblisp". If a monster with a Predator Counter is on the field: You can Special Summon this card from your GY, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Predaplant Byblisp" once per turn.


"Ah then end my turn."

Turn 14: Twilight Sparkle - Hand: 3

"Then it's time for me to finish this duel," said Twilight as she believed she was going to win, "I play Pot of Greed to draw two more cards. I then reveal Spellbook of Judgement, Spellbook of Revival, and Spellbook of the Master."


Spellbook of the Master
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you control a Spellcaster-Type monster: You can reveal 1 other "Spellbook" card in your hand, then target 1 "Spellbook" Normal Spell Card in your Graveyard, except "Spellbook of the Master"; this card's effect becomes that target's effect. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of the Master" per turn.


"By doing so, I can now play the other card in my hand." Twilight's entire hand began to glow as her three spells shined. "By doing that, I can summon my partner, High Priestess of Prophecy!" shouted the girl. A female magician appeared as she had pretty red hair and wore a revealing outfit as she had a book in her lap with her legs crossed.


High Priestess of Prophecy
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 7
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2100
Effect: You can reveal 3 "Spellbook" Spells in your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Spellbook" Spell from your hand or GY, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.


"I then play Spellbook of Judgement. Then follow that by playing my Spellbook of the Masters, since I control a Spellcaster, I can reveal my Spellbook of Revival. By doing that, my Spellbook of the Masters can copy any 'Spellbook' effect in my Graveyard. I choose my Spellbook of Secrets. Then activate its effect to add a Spellbook of my choosing to my hand. And I choose my Spellbook of Power." said Twilight as she had her Duel Disk eject her card, "I'm not done with my turn, AJ. I play Spellbook of Revival, so I give 500 life points to bring back my Temperance of Prophecy (Twilight Sparkle: 2,700 - 500 = 2,200 LP). Then I'll banish Spellbook of Revival, Spellbook of the Masters, and Spellbook Organization to bring out a demon!" stated Twilight. A portal opened up in front of her as a claw was shown. "Meet my Prophecy Destroyer!" Soon the monster that emerged was a demon as it had wings, a demonic tail, and horns on its head as it pulled out a sword, and its breath produced a foul odor.


Prophecy Destroyer
Attribute: DARK
Level: 6
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2500
DEF: 1200
Effect: If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 3 "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.


"That thing is a Spellcaster?!" said Applejack as her Duel Pad informed her of the type of creature it was.

"He may have a dark side, but he knows where his loyalty stands. And who's the boss of him." stated Twilight as she looked at her monster as it nodded at the girl, "Then I'm activating my Temperance's ability, so this time I'm bringing out my Wheel of Prophecy!" Her new monster emerged from the smoke it was a humanoid lion who wore a gladiator outfit. He had a large shield in his left hand as it had symbols on it that glowed.


Wheel of Prophecy
Attribute: DARK
Level: 8
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2700
DEF: 1700
Effect: When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Spellcaster-Type monster: You can target any number of your banished "Spellbook" Spell Cards; shuffle them into the Deck, and if you do, return your other banished "Spellbook" Spell Cards to your Graveyard. You can only use the effect of "Wheel of Prophecy" once per turn.


"Now the effect of my Wheel of Prophecy activates, since it was summoned by the effect of a Spellcaster, I can target any banished number of 'Spellbooks' and shuffle them back into my Deck and I can return the others to my Graveyard. So I'll take back my Spellbook of Revival, Spellbook of the Masters, and Spellbook Organization and put them all in my Graveyard."

"Huh?" said Applejack as she was expecting the girl to put them in her Deck.

"I then play the final card in my hand, Spellbook of Power to give my Priestess an extra 1,000 attack points!" said Twilight as she gave her ace magician a power boost (High Priestess of Prophecy: ATK 2500 + 1000 = 3500), "Now, High Priestess of Prophecy, attack her Predaplant Squid Drosera!" commanded the girl as her partner pointed her hands out and fired a spell while reading from the book in her lap.

"Ya activated my monster's ability, now Ah can place a 'Predator' Counter on each of yer Special Summoned monsters, and their levels drop to 1!" said Applejack as tiny seeds appeared and latched onto Twilight's monsters as they glowed purple (High Priestess of Prophecy: Level 7 > 1) (Prophecy Destroyer: Level 6 > 1) (Wheel of Prophecy: Level 8 > 1).

"That's fine, 'cause since she was equipped with Spellbook of Power and destroyed your monster, I can add a 'Spellbook' to my hand. Then Prophecy Destroyer attack her directly!" commanded Twilight to her demon.

"Ah activate the ability of ma Predaplant Sarraceniant. When ya declare an attack, Ah can Special Summon this little critter from ma hand!" said Applejack as her little hopper appeared on her shoulder and nuzzled her cheek.

"In that case, take it out!" said Twilight to her monster.

"My little critter is tough, 'cause any monster it battles is also destroyed!" declared Applejack.

"Not quite, 'cause I'm activating the Spellbook that I just received. Spellbook of Immorality! Which means my monster is unaffected by your monster's ability!" said Twilight as she saved her monster from being destroyed.

"Ah can still activate the other ability of ma Sarraceniant. Ah get to add 1 'Preda' card from ma Deck to ma hand," said Applejack as her Duel Pad ejected the card for her to grab.

"But not you're defenseless, Wheel of Prophecy, attack her directly!" shouted Twilight as gave her last monster its command. Her monster's weapon began to spin fast as he lifted it into the air. Her monster then threw his weapon at Applejack as it traveled through the air fast, and then struck the girl who fell to a knee (Applejack: 5,400 - 2,700 = 2,700 LP).

"With that, we're even," said Twilight as she and AJ had the same points, "Now before I end my turn, my Spellbook of Judgement that I played earlier has its effect activated. During the End Phase, I can add any number of 'Spellbooks' to my hand equal to the number of Spellbook Spell Cards I activated after I played my Spellbook of Judgement. I activated five, so that means I can add five Spellbooks to my hand!" said Twilight as she replenished her hand once more. "And I can Special Summon a Spellcaster from my Deck whose level is equal to or less than the number of cards I drew with Judgement's effect. So make way for my Emperor of Prophecy!" Another magician appeared as he sat on a throne. Like his lover, Empress of Prophecy, he wore an outfit with his being blue and hints of gold. As well as wielding a staff that flowed with magic.


Emperor of Prophecy
Attribute: DARK
Level: 5
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2300
DEF: 2300
Effect: You can banish both 1 face-up Spellcaster-Type monster you control, except this card, and 1 "Spellbook" card from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; take control of that target until the End Phase. You can only use the effect of "Emperor of Prophecy" once per turn. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.


Turn 15: Applejack - Hand: 3

"How the hell is AJ going to win? Twilight's got a full hand and field full of her powerful monsters!" said Rainbow as it seemed that their friend was trapped.

"I honestly don't know what Applejack can do..." said Golden as he was at a loss for words.

"Excellent work, Twilight. She doesn't have any moves left to make." said Principal Cinch as Twilight was already the winner of the duel.

"I know Twilight has the advantage, but..." said Isaac as he was seeing something that nobody else could see. And that was AJ's plan, her plan to win. However, to do that...she needed to draw her card.

"Sorry, but it's over." said Twilight.

"Heh, no it ain't!" said Applejack as she stood up.

"Look, I get wanting to fight on. But...look at the board, I've got everything and you don't. So, just surrender. Please, I don't want to hurt you more than I have to." said Twilight as she didn't want to embarrass Applejack anymore.

"I appreciate yer concern, Twilight. But...I'm winnin' this duel. Watch!" shouted Applejack as she drew her card, "To start, I'm activating the effect of my Predaplant Cordyceps! By banishing it from my Graveyard, I can bring back 2 Level 4 or lower 'Predaplant' monsters but their effects are negated. So my Flytrap and Ophrys Scorpio are revived." said Applejack as both of her monsters appeared before her.

"Please, just...don't make it harder than it has to be." said Twilight.

"As I said, I don't need yer pity! Especially, when Ah'm about to win, right now! I play Super Polymerization! With this, I can combine monsters on my field and yers to conduct a Fusion Summon!" The entire field began to blow as AJ's two monsters and Twilight's Emperor of Prophecy were sucked into a vortex.

"What are you doing?!" shouted Twilight as her hair and skirt blew in the wind.

"With the power of the scorpion, flytrap, and even the emperor, Ah bring forth one of the most deadly monsters in my Deck! I Fusion Summon! Level 9! Appear, Predaplant Triphyoverutum!" shouted Applejack. The new beast emerged as it stood on two legs, it had three heads and it let out a roar as it descended onto AJ's field.


Predaplant Triphyoverutum
Attribute: DARK
Level: 9
Type: Plant/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 3000
DEF: 3000
Effect: 3 DARK monsters on the field
Gains ATK equal to the total original ATK of all other monsters on the field with a Predator Counter. You can only use each of the following effects of "Predaplant Triphyoverutum" once per turn.
●When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) from their Extra Deck while you control this Fusion Summoned card (Quick Effect): You can negate the Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster(s).
●If your opponent controls a monster with a Predator Counter(s): You can Special Summon this card from your GY in Defense Position.


Twilight saw the massive creature as she had a look of fear in her eyes.

"She's lost..." muttered Isaac as he had a look of sadness on her face. He already knew what was going to happen.

"Ma new monster packs a punch, 'cause it absorbs the attack points of all yer monsters that have a Predator Counter on them (Predaplant Triphyoverutum: ATK 3000 + 2500 + 2500 + 2700 = 10700)!" stated Applejack.

"But then...that means..." said Twilight as she looked at the stats of AJ's new beast as it was enough to wipe her out in one shot.

"Finish her off, bud!" commanded Applejack to her monster as its three heads began to charge their mouths for a triple attack.

Twilight saw an Action Card just at the edge of the platform she was standing on. The girl dove for it and looked. Her eyes widened at what she was seeing.

"This won't help me," said Twilight as she picked up the Action spell, Miracle. "No...no...I can't lose. There has to be something, anything!!" said the girl to herself as she was having a panic attack.

At that moment, AJ's beast charged up and fired its triple beam attack. It hit all of Twilight's monsters as they felt it. The girl looked at her Priestess as she saw the monster she concerned her partner in trouble. But for Twilight, there was nothing she could do to help her. Her magician reached her hand out to its mistress, as Twilight did the same. However, the attack finished off Twilight's priestess as it pushed the girl off the platform and to the ground below her as she was defeated (Twilight Sparkle: 2,200 - 8,200 = 0 LP).

WINNER: Applejack

"The winner of the second Action Duel is...Applejack! And that means Canterlot High has won the first part of the relay!" said Cadence as the side that housed CHS was shouting and cheering.

They showered AJ with applause and chants as the girl blushed from the attention she was getting. She waved back as she made her way to where her teammates were. They too congratulated her on the win.

"The second event will begin in two minutes. Duelists, prepare yourselves." stated Luna to the next section of the relay and participants.

Twilight sat up as she took in what was happening. She saw the scoreboard as it had her portrait greyed out and AJ's highlighted. The girl gasped as the realization sunk in. She looked back at her teammates as all but one person were pissed off. Twilight looked at Principal Cinch as the woman was the angriest and she was going to have some choice words with Twilight about being a failure.


Enix was among the crowd, but he wasn't seething at Twilight's loss, no, he was focused on the cowgirl walking back to her friends.

"Even after all these duels...you've never really changed."

Enix heard his phone ring and answered it.

"It's me. Did you get the details of the duel?"

//Yes,// the familiar voice of Shinkokuna spoke, //I scanned Applejack's Deck, and I found one card that doesn't belong in her Deck, hell, even in this dimension!//

"...I know which card."

"The card that originally belonged to the hero of our world."
//The card that originally belonged to the hero of our world.//

"It's...it's Starving Venom Fusion Dragon. MY card."

//...Enix, I know Applejack has your card. She's not gonna just hand it over to you.//

"Yeah...the only way to get Starving Venom, is to beat her in a duel."

//I know...listen Enix, we don't have much time; if we don't get the jewel from Applejack AND your card, we'll just be repeating the same loop over and over again.//

"I know. I have an idea. Get Lucky Clover and Jack to my Duel Runner immediately. It's time we give our country girl a little taste of misdirection." Enix was looking at his phone at a security camera footage of Applejack firing dark energy out of a handgun, "She wants me to go back, eh? Then she has another thing coming." Enix hung up the phone and waltzed over to his Runner.


Shinkokuna watched the monitor showing the Friendship Games as she glanced at her now transparent arm, which is slowly disappearing even further, "Enix..." she then looked at another screen with extreme dread, "...please hurry. We're running out of time."

COUNTDOWN TO CHAOS CORRECTION
00:40:21