• Published 5th May 2023
  • 5,062 Views, 665 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Jurassic Park - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike, along with Daring Do and Time Turner, venture with Alan Grant, Ellie Sadler, and Ian Malcom to Isla Nublar for an adventure 65 million years in the making.

  • ...
9
 665
 5,062

When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth

Author's Note:

Everyone please be sure to thank Mr. Drama for all his amazing work on these last two chapters.

Finally, Grant, along with the kids, the ponies, and Spike reached the deserted visitor’s center. A large sign that said ‘When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth…’ drooped overhead. Grant now carried Tim, weakened and his hands wrapped in cloth but conscious.

“Hello?!” Grant yelled.

But answer there came none.

“Where is every pony?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I reckon most of the staff left the port when that their storm came,” Applejack confirmed. “The others must be somewhere on this island.”

They were walking through the visitor’s center when a commotion made them stop. They drew their heads toward the doorway to the restaurant.

“I think there’s something behind that door…” Rainbow Dash whispered.

Nodding their heads slowly, Applejack and Derring Do followed Rainbow Dash, leaning cautiously toward the door. Spike and Fluttershy stayed with the kids, the latter shivering frightfully. Rainbow Dash slowly leaned her hoof along the door’s surface. Taking a deep breath, she made to open it…

“HI GUYS!” Pinkie greeted, opening the door.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

High pitch screamed went loose as Pinkie Pie was staring… at Rainbow Dash, who freaked out like a little girl. All eyes turned toward Rainbow Dash who stood at an awkward position looking from Pinkie Pie to her friends then back to Pinkie. The rainbow-haired Pegasus quickly adjusted her mane and cleared her throat.

“I almost bucked you in the face!” Rainbow hissed.

“… Kinky!” Pinkie smiled.

“NOT LIKE THAT!”

<>

Eventually, the group made it into the restaurant. Grant and Daring Do carefully set Tim on a chair at one of the tables. Lex and the other ponies sat across from him. Pinkie Pie proceeded to take out her radio and turned it on.

“Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain! Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain!” Pinkie spoke, in code. “Come in, Purple Rain! Over!”

But the walkie-talkie merely responded with static. Pinkie waited for a few seconds but got no response.

“Oh, guess she didn’t get the code,” Pinkie shrugged, trying again. “Pinkie to Twilight! Come in, Twilight! Grant and the others arrived safely! We’re waiting at the restaurant! Over!”

Again, only static. Pinkie Pie slapped the radio along the side. But all she got was status, even when changing the channels.

“I hope those things weren’t expensive…”

“I am gonna have to find the others and get ‘you’ to a doctor,” Grant told Tim. “Will you look after Tim, girls?”

“Yes…” Lex and Fluttershy answered, scared as hell.

“Spike, you should rest here with the others while Grant, Rainbow, and I look for the others,” Daring Do responded.

“Fine by me!” Spike sighed, leaning back. “I think I’ve had enough excitement today!”

“I oughta come too!” Applejack offered. “For safety!”

Daring Do and Rainbow Dash looked at each other, Rainbow Dash nodding with assurance.

“Fine with me,” Daring Do shrugged. “We’ll need the strongest ponies for this trip anyway.

Nodding in agreement, Grant took one look at Tim for a second.

“Your hair’s all standing up,” Grant chuckled.

He gently rearranged Tim’s hair, which was wild and all over the place. Tim looked up at him weakly, managing a smile to which Grant smiled back.

“Big Tim, the human piece of toast,” Grant joked.

Tim laughed and Grant paused for a second, as if debating something.

“Yes… I’m fine…” Spike interrupted. “No, really. It was no problem. I get barbecued all the time saving lives. Glad you thought of it.”

The group turned toward Spike, who leaned back casually along one of the empty chairs. But they let it slide for now.

“Thanks for trying to help my brother,” Lex answered quietly.

“I’ll take it,” Spike replied.

“Be back soon, guys,” Grant assured. “I promise.”

“Pinkie Promise?” Pinkie called out.

But Grant left before he even made the gestures, to which Pinkie pouted a bit. As he went across the lobby of the visitor’s center to the outside, they could see his silhouette, moving through a translucent mural depicting dinosaurs in various natural settings. It was quiet for a second as the kids and Equestrians looked at each other. Tim and Spike go across the room, Pinkie Pie skipping behind, to an all-you-can-eat table on the other side loaded with all kinds of food.

“Boy, they sure were expecting us to come by,” Spike observed.

“Actually, it was all like this when Twilight got us back here,” Pinkie replied. “Didn’t want it to go to waste.”

“As long as it’s safe to eat… I’m hungry,” Fluttershy sighed.

“It sure is! And tasty too! Well, come on, every pony! Help yourselves!”

Quickly, the ponies, along with the kids and Spike proceeded to pile some food onto some plates and grabbed a few utensils. They proceeded to bring the food back to their table for a well-deserved meal.

<>

Outside, Grant and his Equestrian group crossed the path towards Hammond’s compound, their eyes darting side-to-side. They really had no idea where they needed to go nor if there were any other carnivores lurking about. All they knew was that they needed to stay close and try not to attract any unwanted attention. While Daring Do was keeping watch over Grant, Rainbow Dash slowly approached Applejack.

“A.J., can we talk for a moment?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Actually, I’ve been meanin’ to talk to yah too…” Applejack admitted.

The two ponies took a deep breath and…

“It’s about Daring Do…” They said in unison. “Wait what?

“Did… you want to go first?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No, no. It’s fine!” Applejack chuckled nervously. “Wut did you want to say?”

“You’re not jealous that I’ve been spending some time with Daring Do, are you?

“Why does every pony use the ‘jealousy’ card with me?” Applejack groaned, annoyed. “I promise hon… I ain’t jealous of no pony. I’m jus’… mighty bit concerned, that’s all.”

“I just don’t want you to think Daring Do is taking your place or anything,” Rainbow Dash assured. “It’s just not every day a pony like me gets to have an adventure with their favorite idol. And that’s something considering Daring Do usually prefers working alone.”

“I know… that really shouldn’t bother me,” Applejack sighed. “It’s just… she seems so… perfect and you two have a lot in common. You’re cunning, fierce, determined… heck, Daring Do seems ‘way’ smarter than me. I mean… ya’ll practically look alike--

“A.J., A.J., A.J.,” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I’m going to stop you right there. There’s nothing between me and Daring Do… no way! She’s like an older sister I never had. She’ll go back to doing her temple runs flying solo or collaborating with that Doctor guy on another book. Meanwhile, I still have ‘you’. We go on adventures together every day, and you’re the only pony who makes me feel ‘awesome’… the only pony who can go hoof-to-hoof with me.

“You’re the only mare for me, Applejack. No pony is ever going to come between us.”

“Wow… I had it all wrong about ya,” Applejack smiled, tearfully. “You really do care about me.”

“Hey… they don’t call me the Element of Loyalty for the fancy title,” Rainbow Dash smirked. “Besides, it’s not like Daring Do’s entirely perfect. Don’t get me wrong, her books are ‘awesome’ and I always look forward to the next one. But she kind of threw out her pseudonym thing out of the blue and I’m thinking… ‘I thought she wanted to keep that secret’ or something.

“Yeah, that was confusing… wait!” Applejack paused, realizing. “You knew!”

You knew?!” Rainbow Dash replied, stunned. “Wow… I mean I was going to talk to you about it first, but what with the dinosaurs rampaging—”

“Hold on!” Applejack paused, raising her ear. “Did ya’ll hear that?”

Sure enough, there was shouting trying to reach them from a distance. The two mares, including Grant and Daring Do, turned to the side… and saw Ellie, along with Twilight and Rarity, practically dragging themselves from the bunker. The ponies waved to them, shouting something faint.

Grant furrowed his brow, walking towards the trio. Ellie shouted louder; Grant walked faster. He’s closer now, and he could finally make out what she’s shouting.

“Run!” Ellie shouted.

Grant, along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, raced towards Ellie and their friends, with Daring Do hovering from behind. Grant raced towards Ellie, who ran into his arms. The ponies practically piled against each other, laughing hysterically as if they had been apart for a thousand years.

“Thank Celestia ya’ll are alright!” Applejack sighed with relief. “Where’s the Doc?”

“Whooves is with Malcolm and Hammond back at the bunker,” Rarity answered.

“What about the others?” Twilight asked, gasping in horror. “Where’re the kids?!”

<>

Back at their table, Lex and Fluttershy were digging in, munching on vegetables. While Fluttershy ate casually, Lex practically grabbed the food with two hands. Tim, along with Pinkie Pie and Spike, were enjoying their food too. Only most of their food was cakes and other sweets. Pinkie and Spike were practically eating like anime characters, while Tim took a spoonful of food and stuffed it into his mouth.

Lex was about to have a spoonful of lime Jell-O from one of the plastic dinosaur egg cups – but her hand froze halfway to her mouth. Tim, along with Pinkie and Spike, looked up seeing the expression on Lex’s face. Lex was staring over their shoulder, eyes wide, the Jell-O quivering in her shaky hands. But she’s not the only one… Fluttershy had a look of horror and her yellow fur slowly turned white.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked.

Without saying a word, Fluttershy pointed rapidly with her hoof. Confused, Spike pointed over the shoulder his friend was pointing. Sure enough, there was a growling side just behind them where the mural was. Spike gulped nervously, as his face dropped.

“Parasaurolophus?” Spike asked weakly.

But Fluttershy only shook her head, trying so hard not to cry. Tim, Spike, and Pinkie slowly turned around. Behind them, one of the silhouettes on the mural was a raptor, in a hunting pose. While they stare, the silhouette of a real raptor moved out from behind it and crept forward, into the lobby of the visitor’s center. Pinkie Pie almost screamed but Spike quickly covered her mouth tightly, just in the nick of time.

<>

The kids, the ponies, and Spike quickly ducked into the kitchen, Lex pulling the shiny metal door shut as quietly as she could. It latched with a distinctive ‘click’, but there’s no lock. She raced to a panel of light switches and killed them all, plunging the room into semidarkness. She helped Tim down an aisle, while Spike followed Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. The kids hid at the end, behind a counter, breathing hard. The ponies and Spike hid behind another counter, the teen dragon trying to crouch as low as possible.

A raptor’s head popped into view, visible through the round window in the middle of the kitchen door. It just took a moment, its breath steaming against the window. Through the window, as the steam evaporated, the raptor could see a part of Tim not entirely hidden by the counter. In the kitchen, Tim and Lex remained frozen in fear as the raptor first sniffed the bottom of the door, then thumped its head against it. But the door didn’t budge… yet the Equestrians knew it was all a matter of time.

“This is way more stressful than going to the dentist!” Pinkie whimpered, quietly.

<>

Back in the bunker, John Hammond stood between Grant, Ellie, and the Equestrians in the bunker. The ponies watched as Grant racked the bolts on a ten gauge shotgun.

“It’s just the two raptors, right?” Grant asked the girls.

“We think so…” Twilight Sparkle guessed. “Muldoon went to see if he could get to ‘one’… but I don’t think he made it.”

“Great wickering stallions…” Time Turner gasped.

“What about the third one?” Daring Do asked. “Is it contained?

“Yes,” Ellie answered. “Unless they figured out how to open doors.”

“But that’s crazy…” Rainbow chuckled, anxiously. “Raptors aren’t ‘that’ smart… are they?”

“Wait a moment!” Applejack realized. “If there’s still two raptors on the loose, and if they knew where people were comin’ from, they’d follow the scent to know where the rest of us are. And if they’re not comin’ fur us…”

Applejack gasped upon realizing something.

“THEY WENT BACK FUR THE YOUNG’INS!!!”

<>

Outside the kitchen door, the raptor stared down at the door handle, cocking its head curiously. It snarled and bumped the door handle with its head, but that didn’t do anything. It reached out, toward the handle, with one clawed hand. Tim, Lex, and the Equestrians stared in shock as the door handle started to turn and the door opened.

“Timmy, what is it?” Fluttershy asked, quietly.

“It’s a Velociraptor…” Tim whispered back.

“It’s inside…” Lex gasped, silently.

“That’s… a velociraptor?” Spike spied.

“Well… good thing it’s just one and not the pack …” Pinkie Pie sighed with relief. “Wait… was that a hand?”

The first raptor stood in the doorway, drawing itself up to its full height, and looked around the kitchen. Then it proceeded to make some sort of signal, calling out for something. It was so horrible that the kids and their friends covered their ears. But that wasn’t even the worst part.

For soon, a second raptor joined it in the doorway. They moved into the room, brushing against each other. The first raptor snapped at the second, as if saying, ‘Keep your distance’.

“And… there it is…” Spike cringed.

“Kids… follow us!” Fluttershy gestured.

The raptors proceeded to split up, taking two different aisles. With the ponies and Spike taking the lead, Tim and Lex crawled away. It was difficult for Tim because he was awfully weak and it still hurt to move. Still, they crawled down the third aisle, around the other side of the counter from the raptors, moving in the opposite direction.

As the anxious group moved past the raptors, one of their tails smacked into some pots and pans, knocking them off the counter. They fell on top of them, but somehow they managed to keep quiet. They moved quickly as one of the raptors dipped down, searching through an open cabinet to inspect the racket. They managed to reach the end of the aisle and rounded a corner -- but Fluttershy and Tim fell behind. At some point, they accidentally brushed against some hanging kitchen utensils and froze.

The raptor’s head searched left and right while the pony and Tim held their breath. But finding nothing, the head reeled itself back through the hole. Just when they felt they were safe, a ladle clattered on the ground. Fluttershy whimpered, closing her eyes tightly as both raptors turned, confused by the strange metallic sound. One of the raptors jumped onto the counter, knocking more kitchen stuff to the floor. They moved, right toward their direction, heading right for the frightened pair.

Their friends tried to usher them to crawl toward them, but Tim and Fluttershy merely shook their heads too scared to try. The raptor on the floor sniffed the area, following the scent. It was just about to turn the corner toward where Tim and Fluttershy sat, the latter whimpering and leaned against Timmy preparing for the worst. Exposed, exhausted, it looked to be the end for the pair as the raptor got closer…

Suddenly, both raptors stopped when they heard a clicking sound and singing from the other end of the aisle.

Pinkie Pie (Sings):
Roll back the rock to the dawn of time
When the Earth was smokin’ and the lava flowed!

Sure enough, it was Pinkie Pie singing a jingle and Lex tapping a spoon on the floor to distract them. The raptor on the counter leapt down, starting cautiously toward Lex’s noise, leaving Tim and Fluttershy for now. Quickly, Pinkie Pie pointed to the nearest steel cabinet behind Lex, its sliding door open. They proceeded to crawl inside, silently.

From another hiding spot, Spike peeked over seeing one of the raptors eyeing the two girls, snarling, and revealing its teeth. While Lex and Pinkie squirmed together, they tried to pull the overhead door to the cabinet shut. The one raptor had just rounded and corner seeing their reflection on the shiny cabinet front. Lex and Pinkie tried frantically to lower the cabinet door, however…

“It’s stuck!” Pinkie hissed.

The raptor pounced, charging toward Lex and Pinkie Pie, smashing more stuff around with its tail. Lex kept tugging on the cover, to no avail, screaming in panic as the girls braced themselves--

THUD! Lex’s raptor crashed into a shiny surface bearing their reflection. As it turned out, it chased the wrong image and it sagged to the floor, semiconscious. Pinkie Pie and Lex proceeded to crawl out the steel cabinet, crawling away while the raptor was done.

Seeing the girls were safe, Tim and Fluttershy turned and saw a walk-in freezer in the far wall, the kind with a pin-locking handle. Tim and Fluttershy then looked at each other, the pony could tell what he was thinking… and she didn’t like where it was going. But they knew what needed to be done. Taking a few deep breaths, Fluttershy assumed the position, and summing what little strength they had left -- they made a break for the walk-in freezer. Poor Tim was limping, dragging himself, really moving like a wounded prey now, and -- Fluttershy wasn’t doing any better being she wasn’t the fastest pony.

The other raptor spotted them and pounced after them with a snarl. Tim’s raptor charged after them, just enough open floor space between them. Just when the raptor had caught up, Fluttershy and Tim reached the freezer, ripped the door open and fell inside. The floor was cold and slick, their feet going right out from under them. They sprawled across the floor, rolling out of the way -- and the raptor slipped and fell into the freezer too, right past them.

“Hurry, Tim!” Fluttershy shouted.

Soon as Fluttershy helped him up, Tim dragged himself to his feet and followed the timid Pegasus out of the freezer. The raptor made one last lunge, right on their heels, its mouth wide open -- but Pinkie Pie, and the ‘real’ Lex screamed slamming the door shut just as their friends were in the clear. The raptor’s head got caught for a second, struggling to push through. Then another shout emerged, as Spike flew toward the door and assumed a…

“FLYING KICK!!!” Spike shouted.

The maneuver sent the raptor retreating back, and the group got the door shut all the way. The raptor roared, screaming inside. But Lex merely jammed the pin through the handle, locking it in.

“If that doesn’t put that raptor to sleep, I’ll eat Twilight’s book!” Spike sighed, exhausted.

“Let’s get out of here!” Fluttershy cried out.

By then, the other raptor slowly recovered. Staggering to its feet, groggily smashing into stuff all over the kitchen. It just saw the Equestrians and the children taking off, Lex holding Tim again for support. Watching them take off, a look of evil intentions filled the raptor’s face.

<>

Tim, Lex, and their friends hurried across the restaurant, staring back over their shoulders in case the other raptor was coming. They suddenly crashed into Grant and Ellie, along with the remainder of the Equestrians.

“Are you guys, okay?” Time Turner asked.

“We just trapped one of those raptors in the ice box!” Spike gasped, breathing heavily.

“But the other one’s in there!” Fluttershy pointed back.

“Control room,” Ellie instructed.

Without a second thought, the group made their way out of the restaurant while Grant kept watch, his gun at the ready. As the group left the restaurant and prepared to run, Spike stopped and noticed the doorway leading outside the center. An idea suddenly dawned upon him. He first checked back on the group who were leaving without him, then back at the door. His face soon grew determined as he knew what he had to do.

<>

Unaware of Spike’s intent, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians raced down the second floor corridor toward the control room. But because Tim was still not in good shape, Grant carried Tim the rest of the way. The door to the control room smacked open and the entire group burst in. Ellie headed straight for Nedry’s computer terminal. Grant moved Tim to the side and raced back to the door to lock it.

“We can call for help?!” Lex asked hopefully.

“We’ve got to reboot the system first!” Ellie responded.

Ellie sat at the computer, studying the screen. It’s flashing to her, dominated by a maze-like grid. She studied it, confused. Grant and Twilight were at the door when they realized something.

“Oh, no!” Twilight stared horrified. “This is a problem…”

“The door locks--” Grant called out. “Ellie! Boot up the door locks!”

“Spike, I need you to--”

Twilight paused when she looked around, counting the number of heads in the room.

“Where’s Spike?!”

POW!!!

Something struck the door, hard, from the outside, knocking Twilight and Grant back. The kids and the other ponies screamed, as Grant hurled his back against it -- losing his gun in the process. Grant struggled to keep the door closed, as the raptor reached in trying to scratch him.

“ALAN!!!” The ponies screamed.

Turning quickly, Ellie leapt out of the chair and raced over to the door to help him. Thinking quickly, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Derring Do race to the door adding their combined weight against the door. The raptor snarled, snapping its jaws, ramming itself against the door. The group tried to prevent the beast from forcing its way into the control room. This was all the group could do to hold the door against the onslaught, but it bucked against them viciously.

“Ellie -- get back and boot up the door locks!” Grant grunted.

“You can’t hold it by yourself!” Ellie shouted back.

Over at the computer, Lex slid quickly into the command chair at Nedry’s terminal. She stared at the screen for a moment as the rest joined in.

“Great wickering stallions…” Time Turner gaped. “What is all this?”

“This is a Unix system,” Lex answered. “I know this. It’s the files for the whole park. It’s like a phone book -- it tells you everything.”

“You can hack your way through this, right?”

“If I can find the right file.”

“Great… how hard can that be?”

“Try to reach the gun!” Grant called.

Twilight Sparkle saw that their human companions and a majority of the Equestrians were preoccupied trying to keep the door shut. Acting quickly, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate the gun off the ground and, while unfamiliar with the tool, attempted to aim it toward the raptor, whose head was barely visible in the window.

In the meantime, Lex’s fingers started flying over the keyboard. Tim and Fluttershy watched, amazed as the computer seemed to respond to Lex’s commands. The same could not be said for Twilight. Despite trying to aim the gun, she couldn’t get a clear shot. Not without risking the safety of the humans or her friends.

“Shoot her Twilight!” Daring Do called out. “Shoot her now!

“I can’t unless you move!” Twilight Sparkle shouted.

Tensions were running high as Lex tried to search the computer’s system, trying to find a single file amongst an entire network of data. The raptor was determined to push its way inside, opening the door just wide enough for its claws to clutch inside. Desperate, an idea quickly came to Daring Do who took out Grant’s claw that Rainbow gave her. Shouting, she proceeded to slash against the raptor’s fingers who squealed from the pain.

Scrolling across the system, Lex stumbled upon a set of files called ‘Physical Security’.

“This is it! This might be the right file!” Lex guessed.

But when she scrolled the mouse toward one of the links, it read ‘Chemical’.

“Oh no, this isn’t the right file.”

“C’mon, Lex!” Tim encouraged.

“You can do it, Lexie!” Pinkie cheered. “It’s got to be one of them.”

“What about ‘that’ menu?!” Time Turner pointed out.

Reaching another menu, Lex spotted a box on the screen that read ‘VISITOR’S CENTER’. She reached out and clicked the mouse. Soon, the system reboot was in effect activating all the devices. Every marker that said ‘unlocked’ in red letters shifted to ‘Secured’ in green.

“There it is, I got it!” Lex said excitedly.

“SHE GOT IT!!!” Fluttershy cheered loudly.

By the time Grant pushed the raptor back, the door latch panel buzzed as the humans and Equestrians put everything they had into it. Finally, the door latched shut, locking the raptor outside.

“We… DID IT!!!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“Oh, thank Celestia!” Twilight sighed, dropping the gun.

All the Equestrians cheered and laughed hysterically, Rarity literally crying tears of joy. Applejack and Rainbow Dash embraced one another, the latter even reeling Daring Do in who accepted… albeit awkwardly. Pinkie Pie made for the window and proceeded to make faces toward the raptor, shaking her tail at its face while the raptor just sneered.

“What works?” Grant asked Lex.

“Phone security systems, everything works!” Lex declared, satisfied. “You ask for it, we got it!”

“Make the call, Dr. Grant!” Daring Do instructed. “We’re out of here!

<>

Hammond was checking up on Malcolm when the phone suddenly rang. The two looked at each other, wide-eyed. Hammond lunged for it.

“Grant?!”

Mr. Hammond… the phones are working,” Grant answered.

“The children alright?” Hammond asked anxiously.

<>

Amidst the call, all the screens in the control room had come alive now. The data scrolled by at incredible speed as every remaining system in the park came back online. Ellie sat at the keyboard with Lex, figuring things out, while everyone else gathered together beside their human companions. Grant was on the phone, holding the rifle with his free hand.

“The children are fine,” Grant assured.

Thank God,” Hammond sighed in relief.

“Call the mainland. Tell them to send the damn helicopters.”

Suddenly, Grant stopped in the middle of his sentence when the sound of glass breaking drew everyone and every pony to the side.

“THEY’RE COMING THROUGH THE GLASS!!!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

A few screams cut in, followed by three shots, and a horrible clunking as the phone dropped.

Grant!” Hammond yelled into the phone. “GRANT!

Grant’s rifle lay on the floor, smoking, several spent shells alongside it. The front window of the control room had three huge impact shatter patterns in the glass, where the gunshots hit. But not a trace of blood was found.

“He missed every shot…” Fluttershy panicked. “He missed every shot!”

“No time to panic!” Applejack yelled. “We gotta find another way out!”

“The crawl spaces!” Twilight Sparkle pointed up. “That’s our exit!”

Twilight Sparkle, and those able to fly, made their way into the open panel through the ceiling, working their way into the crawl space. Fortunately, the control room happened to have a ladder which Grant set up under the panel. The kids and the other Equestrians proceeded to climb up through the ceiling, while Ellie and Grant followed. Grant looked toward the front window, scared as hell--

*SHATTER*

Amidst a shower of glass, the raptor exploded into the control room. It landed on its feet on a workstation console, images from wall projectors falling across its head. Grant vaulted himself up into the ceiling and knocked aside the ladder with his feet. The raptor tilted its head curiously, looking up at the swaying ceiling.

Once in the crawl space, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians dashed across the ceiling panels, moving fast, but carefully, so as not to break through.

*SMASH*

The raptor’s head burst through a panel behind them, leaping up at them, snarling and snapping its jaws. It dropped down again, and they keep moving forward. But now it erupted through a panel in front of them. They scream, its teeth click just inches in front of Rarity --

“Get away from me, you brute!” Rarity shrieked.

Rarity shot the raptor in the face with one beam, sending it falling back to the floor of the control room. Grant looked around frantically before spotting an air duct a few yards away.

“Follow me!” Grant called out.

They moved for it, but the raptor’s head crashed through the ceiling again, this time right underneath Lex. She screamed as she was lifted up, atop its head, and pinned to the ceiling above.

“LEX!!!” The girls screamed.

Grant and Applejack smashed their boot/hooves respectively against the side of the raptor’s head. The raptor slammed at him, latching onto Grant’s boot for a second before the raptor’s own weight pulled it back down.

Lex nearly went down with the raptor, spinning into the hole in the ceiling, tumbling down. Fortunately, Grant and Applejack grabbed her by the collar at the last second, but Lex dangled there, above the raptor. The animal flipped over onto its feet and crouched to pounce just as man and pony summoned their strength and jerked Lex back into the ceiling. The raptor sprung, but it was too late. The trio scrambled over to the air duct, joining the others inside it.

The group crawled through the air duct as fast as they could, the thin metal booming and creasing around them. They reached a metal gate that showed daylight beneath. Grant reached out and pulled it up. Through the gate, they could see the lobby of the visitor’s center below. They’re directly above the skeletons of the dinosaurs, the T-rex, and the sauropod it was attacking. The unfinished skeletons are surrounded by scaffolding.

“Final stop! Visitor’s Center; main floor!” Pinkie Pie announced.

“Come on, every pony!” Twilight ushered.

Grant and the others climbed down from the air duct and onto a platform of the scaffolding that stood alongside the skeletons. They continued down to the second platform, then the third. Suddenly… a raptor stood along the side by the second floor railing belting toward its prey.

“Aw, come on!” Rainbow Dash groaned.

Unfortunately, it’s much too far to jump to the lobby floor. For the flying Equestrians that wasn’t an issue. Everyone else had to climb gingerly onto the nearest skeleton, the towering brachiosaur. They climbed down as fast as they could. Grant helped Tim down, Lex and Ellie followed. The other Equestrians weren’t far behind. Ellie went for the tail; Lex moved to the front. Grant landed on the main body in the middle with Tim. While the other Equestrians found a spot, the raptor watched their every movement.

Up in the ceiling, the skeleton’s anchor bolts groaned in the plaster, threatening to pull free. But for now, they held for as long as they could. All of a sudden, the raptor flew out and landed on the back of the middle section of the skeleton. *SNAP* It cracked apart with the weight, sending the sections spinning in all different directions.

Grant and Tim, along with Applejack and Time Turner, swirled on the middle section. All the flying Equestrians had taken off in the air, seeing the chaos unfold below their hooves. Tim began to slide down despite Grant’s efforts to hold onto him.

“Applejack, what do I do?!” Tim shouted.

Applejack looked around trying to consider what they should do. But then she looked toward the floor and suddenly she was reminded of a previous scenario. She knew what needed to be done.

“Let go,” Applejack spoke.

“Are you nuts?!” Tim cried out.

“No, I ain’t. I promise ya’ll be safe.”

“That’s not true.”

“Listen sugar cube, wut I’m sayin’ to you is the ‘honest’ truth. Let go… and ya’ll safe.”

“You’re going to want to do what she says, kid!” Rainbow Dash called out.

Applejack and Grant’s eyes met, the former’s darting to the side. Grant silently understood what was going on and assured Tim it was fine. Eventually, Tim lost his grip and fell to the ground right underneath the swinging, large middle section of the dinosaur skeleton. Just before Tim hit the ground, he landed on something soft and looked down. Sure enough, Twilight Sparkle had caught the boy making a careful landing on the floor.

“Rule number one: Never doubt Applejack,” Twilight Sparkle declared.

Meanwhile, Lex and Pinkie Pie spun on the front section. Lex slipped, trying to keep from falling as she hung by her legs. And somehow… Pinkie seemed to be having the time of her life.

All of a sudden, the anchor bolts in the ceiling rip free, zinging past them like bullets. The entire brachiosaur skeleton collapsed like a house of cards sending Ellie and Rarity to the ground. They covered themselves with their arms, trying to protect their heads from the shower of falling bones. Lex and Pinkie Pie fell, screaming as they landed on the ground with bones falling on top of them.

Grant, with Applejack and Time Turner in the middle section, looked up and saw the cable about to snap. They fall, with Rainbow Dash catching Applejack and Daring Do catching Time Turner. The large section of the skeleton came careening down, heading straight for Tim and Twilight Sparkle, who laid where they fell on the ground. It came smashing down… with just enough space for them to be safe.

The raptor tumbled to the floor in a cascade of splintering bone. It landed on its back a few yards away and staggered for a moment, the wind knocked out of it. Fluttershy merely hovered over the raptor for a moment, lightly tapped it on the side of the head, and it fell back as she awkwardly fluttered back to her friends.

Grant, landing in front of Tim and Twilight Sparkle, stood up and approached the pair who crawled their way out. Lex and Pinkie Pie stood up seeing the raptor regaining its footing and screamed. Rarity was helping Ellie when they noticed a shadow standing behind the visqueen and stopped dead in their tracks.

“Oh… no…” Rarity shuddered. “It’s her…”

The second raptor emerged from under the plastic and looked around. Grant got Tim and Twilight Sparkle out of the skeleton as the rest of the Equestrians joined together. They backed away from the raptor, approaching from the left side. They backed up toward a large rock in the midst of the room holding the other skeleton.

The raptors crouched in their pre-attack stance, the Equestrians and their companions found themselves caught in the middle of the two approaching raptors. They tried to back up, only to find nowhere else to go. There was no sugarcoating the intense scenario; they were literally backed in a corner.

“SPIKE, WHERE ARE YOU?!” Twilight Sparkle cried desperately.

Suddenly, just as the one raptor made a lunge for its prey…

“YEEHAW!!!”

The massive head of the Tyrannosaurus Rex descended from above. A set of six-foot jaws clamped down upon the raptor. Eighteen-inch teeth sank into its side, and the helpless animal howled in agony as it lifted up, up, up off the floor of the lobby.

“Ahh!!! It’s the T-Rex!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

“And… Spike riding it?!” Rainbow Dash paled.

Sure enough, Spike was atop of the T-rex, his legs wrapped around the neck like riding a rodeo bull. It smiled as he loomed toward his friends, waving one arm around in the air.

“Never fear, Spike and Rexy are here!” Spike gloated.

“Spike! You’re okay!” Twilight cheered.

Grant and the others looked up in stunned amazement. They stepped behind the rock for safety and looked to the right. The other raptor goes up in the air, twenty feet off the lobby floor, holding fast in the mouth of the Rex. It stood in the entrance to the lobby in front of the massive hole it ripped through the Visqueen wall. It shook its enormous head once, breaking the neck of the velociraptor, then dropped it, dead, to the floor at its feet.

The big one turned from the humans and lunged at the Rex’s side, leaping twelve feet into the air and rending the Rex’s flesh as it came down, slashing it open with its six-inch claw. In an instant, Spike lost his grip and dropped over the side, only to be caught in a gust courtesy of his adopted sister-figure’s hooves.

“I got you, Spike!” She panted.

“Thanks, Twi!” Spike smiled. “Now let’s get out of here, every pony! Rexy can handle herself from here on out!”

“I agree!” Alan nodded. “Let’s go!”

“Goodbye, Rexy!” Spike waved goodbye. “Thanks for the help!”

“I feel like we had some continuity issues in this part, but I’ll let it pass!” Pinkie Pie replied, hopping away.

“Spike ridin’ a freakin T-rex!” Rainbow Dash moaned. “Some dragons get all the luck!”

Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians skirted the battle royal on the lobby floor and dashed for the door of the visitor’s center while the battle continued. By the time they emerged outside the visitor’s center, Hammond squealed the jeep to a halt in front of the steps. Malcolm was lying in the back. Grant and the others practically fell into the jeep.

“Every pony, get in!” Daring Do ordered.

“I always knew this trip was too good to be true,” Time Turner mumbled.

Alan raced toward the passenger side door, his attention toward Hammond.

“Mr. Hammond!” Alan began. “The princess and I, after careful consideration and coming to a consensus, have decided…”

“Not to endorse your park!” Twilight Sparkle concluded, regretfully.

“So have I,” Hammond replied.

The old man hit the gas and the jeep took off, dashing away from the Visitor’s Center as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, the skirmish continued between the fearsome beasts. The rex bellowed in pain as it turned on the raptor, eyes raging, and struck, just once, quickly, as fast as the head of a serpent. It caught the raptor by the thick back end, biting one of its enormous feet down, and tore. It practically ripped the last velociraptor in half. The rex whirled around - as it turned, its heavy tail counterbalanced, snapping the other way, sweeping across the lobby, and smashed right through the T-rex skeleton. The skeleton collapsed in an explosion of bones, falling to pieces around the living rex.

The rex stood majestically in the midst of the lobby, both skeletons swept away, snapping like matchsticks as they settled around the animal. The rex drew itself up to its full height -- and roared! The sound was deafening, the vibrations rattled the entire Visitor’s Center. The sign which dangled over the lobby by its one remaining wire finally fell, clattering to the floor at its feet, face up. Its message proven true that ‘Dinosaurs’ still ruled the Earth… forever.

<>

The helicopter rotors whirled to life as the chopper waited on the landing cross. The jeep roared up next to it. One by one, the passengers climbed aboard, their faces white from their ordeal. Ellie, along with Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Time Turner, Spike and Fluttershy helped the Murphy siblings inside the helicopter. Alan, with Twilight Sparkle, Applekjack, and Daring Do helped an injured Ian inside.

For a while, nobody spoke. Hammond took another look at his dream, for one last time, as the roar of the dinosaurs echoed in the distance. To think, he’d soon be leaving all this behind after all the hard work. A dream he carried for so long, so difficult to even say goodbye. He stared until Alan came over and grabbed his arm which caused Hammond to snap back into reality. He took him back into the helicopter, which finally took off. As they rose into the air, the Equestrians stared out the windows, looking down on the park as it spread out below.

Down at the park, Spike could see a familiar sight over a vast plain. The Tyrannosaur, still feeding on the remains of the dinosaurs it ran down and killed, looked up. Spike silently stared at acknowledgement toward the creature, and slowly waved goodbye out of respect even after all the trouble. The beast in turn threw its head back and roared, waving its little forelimbs at the strange thing. As the helicopter moved off, the T-rex just stared, silently, with huge, yellowing eyes. A moment of utter bewilderment for the rex, which felt almost… sad for her.

<>

Back in the helicopter, silence continued inside as the Equestrians looked around at the eerily quiet people on board. Eventually, Rainbow Dash tried to break the ice.

“Well… at least we’re all alive,” Rainbow Dash spoke up.

“Thankfully,” Applejack nodded in agreement.

“Honestly darling, after all these adventures, I’ll need at least a week of spa days to relax,” Rarity huffed in exhaustion. “Would it kill ‘any’ pony if the television sent us on a tropical vacation without something trying to kill us?”

“Don’t worry Rarity, that day will come eventually,” Pinkie Pie smiled. “After all, we’ll eventually wind up in a movie about a surfer in Hawaii. Now that’s going to be fun.”

Not even bothering to figure out what Pinkie Pie meant anymore, Rarity merely leaned her head against the window and watched the island disappear in the distance.

Hammond somberly looked at his mosquito amber cane, his eyes full. Malcolm just stared toward the distance, not even saying a word. The kids are in the back of the helicopter, with Grant. The kids were sleeping on his shoulders. Grant almost absently had his arms around both kids. Ellie and the Equestrians. looked at him. Both he and the kids seemed so natural, so obviously comfortable and trusting with each other. A scene that made them smile.

Just then, Alan, Ellie and the Equestrians looked out the window. The helicopter swept low over a huge flock of sea birds flying peacefully across the sea. As the chopper roared near, it kicked up the flock. Hundreds of birds sailed off in all directions, powerful and graceful. Grant looked at the birds and broke into a wide grin. The helicopter kept flying straight for the sun, hoping to reach the island where everyone would be treated for their injuries. Though saddened over the fact Hammond couldn’t bring happiness to ‘many’ people, causing so much harm due to Dennis’ greed on wanting the embryos for money, John knew that the best thing he could do… was let the dinosaurs have the island.

And that’s the way it should be…

Eventually, the helicopter landed at a helipad back in the United States. No sooner that it touched down on the ground and everyone hopped off did the portal back to Equestria opened once more.

“Well, looks like it’s time to go.” Twilight said to everyone.

“You’re leaving?” Lex asked.

“I’m afraid so Lex darling.” Rarity nodded. “We have families and friends to get back to in Equestria. Surely they all miss us terribly.”

Both kids quickly ran up to the group and knelt down to hug each member of the Equestrian team individually.

“We’re gonna miss you all.” Tim told them.

“We’ll miss you too kid.” Rainbow nodded.

Then the kids stepped back as Alan, Ellie, Ian, and Hammond stepped up to say their goodbyes.

“Well, needless to say, meeting all of you has certainly been…an interesting adventure.” Alan said honestly, the giving a smile. “But certainly one I wouldn’t trade for anything.”

“You’ve all really helped us realize that nothing is ever really impossible.” Ellie smiled.

“No kidding.” Ian chuckled. “I’m sure that I’ll think up some new chaos theories that’ll all involve you guys in some way.”

This caused the whole group to laugh.

“Ah’m sure ya will, Ian.” Applejack chuckled.

Then everyone turned their attention solely to Hammond.

“I really must thank you all as well.” He said. “I was so blinded by my ambitions that I never stopped to think of the consequences my actions could have. You’ve all helped me to realize this and I promise, I won’t be making this same mistake in the future.”

“Here’s hoping that holds true, Mr. Hammond.” Time Turner spoke up. “While this adventure has certainly been quite eye opening, it’s one I truly hope we don’t have to take again.”

“Agreed.” Hammond nodded.

With that in mind, the Equestrians all took one last look at the group and waved their goodbyes before they all turned right back around and stepped through the portal back to Equestria.

<>

Moments later, the portal opened back into Equestria. Twilight Sparkle and the entire group stepped just outside Discord’s theater. Soon as they emerged, and the portal closed behind them, every pony from the theater raced outside and embraced them with such joy.

“Thank Celestia you’re all okay!” Starlight Glimmer smiled relieved.

“Great wickering stallions, it’s good to be home!” Time Turner sighed in relief.

All of a sudden, Derpy Hooves raced up and wrapped her arms around the doctor. To say that the stallion was surprised was an understatement.

“I’m so glad you’re alright!” Derpy said joyfully. “I was so worried something would happen to you. I couldn’t stand to lose my friend and not even be able to say goodbye.”

Time Turner merely grabbed her arms and pulled her off, so he could stare into her eyes with a smile.

“Worry not my friend,” Turner assured. “I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.”

“That was one of the most totally awesome things I’ve ever seen!” Petunia Paleo said excitedly. “Next time you guys have an adventure like this, you’ve got to take me along with you.”

To which Rainbow Dash merely chuckled as she ruffled the kid’s mane with one hoof.

“We’ll talk about it, kiddo,” She responded.

“What happened while we were away?” Twilight Sparkle asked.

“Where do we even begin?” Discord responded. “There was this Evil Queen kidnapping the Cake Twins, then some mysterious stallions some raptors and this Changeling princess showed up…”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Spike interrupted. “Evil Queen? Mysterious stallions? A Changeling Princess? The Cake Twins kidnapped… I mean ‘foal’ napped? What ‘exactly’ happened?”

“It’s kind of a long story…” Mr. Cake answered.

<>

The Evil Queen cackled as she had the Cake Twins in her possession. Pumpkin and Pound Cake sat in a corner, shivering with fright and eyes widened with fear. In her hand, the Evil Queen procured a dagger, its blade gleaming under the last rays of sunlight.

“Time’s up little ones…” Regina declared. “Nothing personal, but I’ve never liked kids. Any last words before I put you down?”

Not expecting an answer, Regina merely raised the dagger at the read. The twins shut their eyes and cried, bracing themselves for the worst. Just as Regina had the dagger raised over her head, ready to slam the blade down upon them…

“Here!”

Regina’s moment was interrupted when a pair of shears were thrown directly at her feet. She looked down, seeing the golden blades embedded on the foot of grass inches from her. She looked up as the collective group of Quill Cast, Curtain Call, Atalanta, and their raptors stood within six feet from her.

“We don’t want this anymore,” Quill Cast declared.

Regina looked toward the group, then to the shears, then back toward the twins. Her eyes go from one to the other, as if contemplating what to do. Then a wicked smirk made its way to her face.

I don’t think we’re done here yet.” She said.

“What are you talking about?” Quill asked. “We brought you the shears like you wanted.”

“True, but there’s one more thing I want in exchange for these brats.” Regina replied. “You want two foals, well I want one more thing.”

“What else could you possibly want?” Curtain asked.

“A new home for me and my colleagues. Somewhere were we won’t be disturbed by the likes of you ponies.”

“You can’t possibly…”

“Either that or I slit the little ones necks right here and now. So what shall it be?”

Curtain and Quill both looked at the frightened faces of the poor little twins in the grasp of the Evil Queen. They thought this deal was over and done with, but now she’s asking for a new piece of land for the Dark Order. How were they possibly going to do that?

“Wait!”

The sound of a new voice entering the fray caused everyone to look up in time to see both Princess Luna and Princess Celestia descending down from the air.

“If a new piece of land is all you seek, perhaps we can arrange this.” Celestia told Regina. “Release the twins now and the former castle of my sister and I in the Everfree Forestwill be yours to do with as you see fit.”

“It is a ruin now but you can rebuild it if you wish and we do solemnly swear that no pony will trespass on your new land.” Luna added

Regina ran this offer through her mind and she couldn’t help but to admire the benefits. A castle would I certainly provide ample space for the entire order and provide necessary opportunities to grow their armies. Thought it may be a ruin, a few weeks and some dark magic could certainly build a strong fortress.

“I have your word?” Regina asked them.

“You have my word.” Celestia nodded.

“As well as mine.” Luna agreed.

With a sigh, knowing that a deal was a deal, Regina slipped the dagger back in the hilt and pulled the shears out from the grass. As she cleaned the grass off the blades, she briefly turned to the nervous twins.

“Do me a little favor, would you kids?” Regina asked, with a pause. “… GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!!!”

Screaming, the Cake Twins raced as fast as they could toward their saviors as Regina held the shears in her hands with a small smile of satisfaction. Taking a deep breath, she then turned toward the group.

“Don’t… ever… do that… again!” Regina growled.

“Deal,” Curtain Call responded simply.

<>

“Okay… it wasn’t exactly a long story,” Mrs. Cake admitted, holding her kids. “But boy let me tell you…”

As the crowd gathered around their heroes, explaining the chain of events that took place in their absence, Daring Do turned toward one direction in the distance. Her eyes caught sight of a figure disappearing deep into the Everfree Forest. When the Pegasus turned back, every pony else was completely distracted by the stories being told. Taking the opportunity, she slipped away from the group to follow the figure’s direction.

<>

Regina Mills strolled through the forest casually, looking down toward the Shears of Fate in her possession. How she relished the satisfaction of having these powerful ancient artifacts back in her hands. As she walked on, smirking in her victory, she came upon her carriage and the Black Knights guarding it.

“Were you successful in your endeavor, your majesty?” One knight asked.

“Was there ever any doubt?” Regina asked, presenting the sheers. “I could’ve done away with a murder or two, but I find it more entertaining to keep these feeble-minded ponies guessing. I say its high time we return and relocate everyone to our new home.”

“Not just yet.”

Regina spun around and her guards drew their weapons toward the source of the new voice. Before their eyes, Daring Do stepped out from behind a tree.

“A SPY!!!” One knight ordered. “KILL IT!!!”

The knights made to advance, but Regina held one hand and the knights stopped in their tracks. Regina smirked at the sight of the explorer pony standing before her.

“What the hell are you doing here?” She asked. “Let me guess: You’re trying to get these shears back? Well, this can end in one of two ways for you. Painful… or extremely painful. Either way, I win… you lose.”

But Daring Do merely waved her hoof and shook her head.

“Please… I have no interest in your trinkets,” She scoffed.

“… All right, who are you?” Regina asked, suspiciously. “What do you want?”

“To see you of course.”

“What… are you talking about?” Regina raised her brow, confused.

“You’re thinking far too small,” Daring Do explained. “Why waste your time on a pair of scissors when you could have the whole world bending their knees in submission? You’re slipping Regina; you’re not thinking like you used to.

Regina retained her confusion, yet an angry sneer threatened to form over the insult upon her.

“What would you know about my plans?!” She hissed. “How do you know my name?”

“Simple…” Daring Do replied, with a small grin.

A swirl of purple smoke engulfed the explorer pony. It was at that moment when the smoke cleared that a completely different figure appeared in the pony’s place. Standing before them was a middle-aged woman with dark auburn hair done up in an elaborate bouffant hairstyle. She wore a wine-red dress decorated with black trimmings, dark gloves on her hands, and a smile on her ruby red lips.

“I’ve known you all your life, dear.”

Regina reeled back in shock at this startling revelation. For this woman was none other than her own mother: Cora Mills.

“Mother!” She gasped, shocked. “That shouldn’t be possible; I banished you years ago. How did you find a way back?”

“Perseverance,” Cora responded simply. “Amazing what you can do when you’re as dedicated as me.”

“And the pony you were impersonating?” Regina asked.

“Dead,” Cora replied, brushing it off. “I killed that pony a long time ago. But I will give her credit, she put up more of a fight than I imagined. I’d almost say I was impressed; too bad I had to put her down.”

“And you’ve been posing as her ever since?”

“Obviously, there’s no way any of these ponies would listen to me,” Cora answered. “Everyone ‘loves’ a hero. Don’t you agree, Regina?”

At that moment, Regina’s facial expression shifted from shock to anger.

“You should’ve stayed banished!” Regina spat through gritted teeth.

But rather than return her daughter’s anger, Cora looked remorseful.

“Listen to me sweetheart, I know ‘why’ you banished me,” Cora told her. “I was a terrible mother; I have no excuses for that. I’ve made my mistakes, but I want to make it all up to you.”

“You… want to make it up to me?” Regina scoffed, laughing. “How the hell do you plan to do that? What you took from me is nothing you can possibly replace!”

“Regina, I understand what Daniel meant to you. I didn’t handle it as well as I should have--”

“YOU RIPPED HIS HEART OUT!!!” Regina screamed. “You had the nerve to crush it into ash in front of me!”

“I know, and I am truly sorry,” Cora apologized. “I can’t bring him back to you, but there is something I can give you right now. Something to prove just how serious I am about wanting to start over.”

Cora held out her hand and another swirl of purple smoke appeared and revealed a box. Cora held it out for her only daughter, who looked upon it with suspicion.

“What is this?” Regina questioned. “Another trap?”

“Just open it,” Cora implored.

Regina was very skeptical about all of this; she knew her mother better than anyone. Hesitantly, she took the box, readying herself for anything. But nothing could prepare her for what she was about to uncover. Opening the box, she saw a glowing red heart. Her eyes widened with shock as she looked toward her mother.

“Is this…?”

“My heart,” Cora nodded.

“I don’t understand,” Regina expressed confusion. “You took your heart out years ago, so it could never be used against you. Why give this to me?”

“Because I meant what I said when I want us to start over,” Cora explained. “Let me help you and together we can rule ‘all’ the worlds. I promise you will have your own personal world, to be whoever you want and love whoever you want. Should I fail on that promise, you can crush my heart the way I did to Daniel. It’s what I deserve.”

Regina couldn’t believe her own eyes or ears. Her entire life she thought her mother was cold and selfish, who only cared about power. Yet her she was, a regretful woman offering her own heart which she never did for anyone. Maybe she really did want to make things right after all. Closing the box slowly, Regina took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

“What do you have in mind?” She asked.

“Oh… I have a few ideas,” Cora smiled, wrapping an arm around her daughter. “I’ll explain on our way to our new home.”

Regina and Cora soon made their way into the carriage to embark on the journey back towards New Eden. It would seem that things had gotten far worse for our heroes.

Far… worse…

The End?

Comments ( 97 )
Comment posted by Sparkle91 deleted Jul 3rd, 2023

And the moral of the story, kids: When a white Scottish man offers you to see his park, you say no.

Hammond somberly looked at his mosquito amber cane, his eyes full. Malcolm just stared toward the distance, not even saying a word. The kids are in the back of the helicopter, with Grant. The kids were sleeping on his shoulders. Grant almost absently had his arms around both kids. Ellie and the Equestrians. looked at him. Both he and the kids seemed so natural, so obviously comfortable and trusting with each other. A scene that made them smile.

And then Grant and Ellie split up in the third one and came back in the sixth one

First I wanna say a BIG thank you to Mr. Drama on the amazing work on both chapters that were given to us. They were really amazing and I’m looking forward to seeing what the next adventure has in store



As for the ending… OH MY FAUST! I didn’t that coming :pinkiegasp:

The Daring Do we know was not only a imposter in disguise… but the real one been dead this whole time. That is one heck of a twist I didn’t see happening

Oh shit...What will Rainbow do if she finds out?!

“Dead,” Cora replied, brushing it off. “I killed that pony a long time ago. But I will give her credit, she put up more of a fight than I imagined. I’d almost say I was impressed; too bad I had to put her down.”

What?! They killed Daring?!! How could they?!

All my thanks to Dramamaster for your work on editing these stories. Stay awesome, man!

I definitely appreciate that you didn't shy away from the more gruesome aspects of this film, unlike with Carrie. Then again, I think if the ponies had a chance, they would save everyone they could.

In any case, I can't wait to see how our heroes handle their next outing, this time with a much less... noble protagonist.

11627875
She would surely be furious, just like Applejack when she found out that Death Eaters killed her parents.

Discord's Theatre, Galaxy Branch

Finally, Grant, along with the kids, the ponies, and Spike reached the deserted visitor’s center. A large sign that said ‘When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth…’ drooped overhead. Grant now carried Tim, weakened and his hands wrapped in cloth but conscious.

“Hello?!” Grant yelled.

But answer there came none.

“Where is every pony?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I reckon most of the staff left the port when that their storm came,” Applejack confirmed. “The others must be somewhere on this island.”

They were walking through the visitor’s center when a commotion made them stop. They drew their heads toward the doorway to the restaurant.

“I think there’s something behind that door…” Rainbow Dash whispered.

Nodding their heads slowly, Applejack and Derring Do followed Rainbow Dash, leaning cautiously toward the door. Spike and Fluttershy stayed with the kids, the latter shivering frightfully. Rainbow Dash slowly leaned her hoof along the door’s surface. Taking a deep breath, she made to open it…

“HI GUYS!” Pinkie greeted, opening the door.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

High pitch screamed went loose as Pinkie Pie was staring… at Rainbow Dash, who freaked out like a little girl. All eyes turned toward Rainbow Dash who stood at an awkward position looking from Pinkie Pie to her friends then back to Pinkie. The rainbow-haired Pegasus quickly adjusted her mane and cleared her throat.

“I almost bucked you in the face!” Rainbow hissed.

“… Kinky!” Pinkie smiled.

“NOT LIKE THAT!”

They couldn't help but laugh at that statement. For they have to admit, that was really funny.

Eventually, the group made it into the restaurant. Grant and Daring Do carefully set Tim on a chair at one of the tables. Lex and the other ponies sat across from him. Pinkie Pie proceeded to take out her radio and turned it on.

“Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain! Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain!” Pinkie spoke, in code. “Come in, Purple Rain! Over!”

But the walkie-talkie merely responded with static. Pinkie waited for a few seconds but got no response.

“Oh, guess she didn’t get the code,” Pinkie shrugged, trying again. “Pinkie to Twilight! Come in, Twilight! Grant and the others arrived safely! We’re waiting at the restaurant! Over!”

Again, only static. Pinkie Pie slapped the radio along the side. But all she got was status, even when changing the channels.

“I hope those things weren’t expensive…”

“I am gonna have to find the others and get ‘you’ to a doctor,” Grant told Tim. “Will you look after Tim, girls?”

“Yes…” Lex and Fluttershy answered, scared as hell.

“Spike, you should rest here with the others while Grant, Rainbow, and I look for the others,” Daring Do responded.

“Fine by me!” Spike sighed, leaning back. “I think I’ve had enough excitement today!”

“I oughta come too!” Applejack offered. “For safety!”

Daring Do and Rainbow Dash looked at each other, Rainbow Dash nodding with assurance.

“Fine with me,” Daring Do shrugged. “We’ll need the strongest ponies for this trip anyway.

Nodding in agreement, Grant took one look at Tim for a second.

“Your hair’s all standing up,” Grant chuckled.

He gently rearranged Tim’s hair, which was wild and all over the place. Tim looked up at him weakly, managing a smile to which Grant smiled back.

“Big Tim, the human piece of toast,” Grant joked.

Tim laughed and Grant paused for a second, as if debating something.

They couldn't help but laugh again.

Postwar: Glad to see some of the humor is kicking in, whilst trying to keep their spirits up.

Rex: Agreed. I remember the boys doing that too during my time Captaining the Clone vessoe

But Grant left before he even made the gestures, to which Pinkie pouted a bit. As he went across the lobby of the visitor’s center to the outside, they could see his silhouette, moving through a translucent mural depicting dinosaurs in various natural settings. It was quiet for a second as the kids and Equestrians looked at each other. Tim and Spike go across the room, Pinkie Pie skipping behind, to an all-you-can-eat table on the other side loaded with all kinds of food.

“Boy, they sure were expecting us to come by,” Spike observed.

“Actually, it was all like this when Twilight got us back here,” Pinkie replied. “Didn’t want it to go to waste.”

“As long as it’s safe to eat… I’m hungry,” Fluttershy sighed.

“It sure is! And tasty too! Well, come on, every pony! Help yourselves!”

Quickly, the ponies, along with the kids and Spike proceeded to pile some food onto some plates and grabbed a few utensils. They proceeded to bring the food back to their table for a well-deserved meal.

Katochi: At least they'll be getting full bellies.

Zatt: Yeah, one should never go on an empty stomach. (Gungi growled in agreement)

Outside, Grant and his Equestrian group crossed the path towards Hammond’s compound, their eyes darting side-to-side. They really had no idea where they needed to go nor if there were any other carnivores lurking about. All they knew was that they needed to stay close and try not to attract any unwanted attention. While Daring Do was keeping watch over Grant, Rainbow Dash slowly approached Applejack.

“A.J., can we talk for a moment?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Actually, I’ve been meanin’ to talk to yah too…” Applejack admitted.

The two ponies took a deep breath and…

“It’s about Daring Do…” They said in unison. “Wait what?

“Did… you want to go first?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No, no. It’s fine!” Applejack chuckled nervously. “Wut did you want to say?”

“You’re not jealous that I’ve been spending some time with Daring Do, are you?

“Why does every pony use the ‘jealousy’ card with me?” Applejack groaned, annoyed. “I promise hon… I ain’t jealous of no pony. I’m jus’… mighty bit concerned, that’s all.”

“I just don’t want you to think Daring Do is taking your place or anything,” Rainbow Dash assured. “It’s just not every day a pony like me gets to have an adventure with their favorite idol. And that’s something considering Daring Do usually prefers working alone.”

“I know… that really shouldn’t bother me,” Applejack sighed. “It’s just… she seems so… perfect and you two have a lot in common. You’re cunning, fierce, determined… heck, Daring Do seems ‘way’ smarter than me. I mean… ya’ll practically look alike--

“A.J., A.J., A.J.,” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I’m going to stop you right there. There’s nothing between me and Daring Do… no way! She’s like an older sister I never had. She’ll go back to doing her temple runs flying solo or collaborating with that Doctor guy on another book. Meanwhile, I still have ‘you’. We go on adventures together every day, and you’re the only pony who makes me feel ‘awesome’… the only pony who can go hoof-to-hoof with me.

“You’re the only mare for me, Applejack. No pony is ever going to come between us.”

“Wow… I had it all wrong about ya,” Applejack smiled, tearfully. “You really do care about me.”

“Hey… they don’t call me the Element of Loyalty for the fancy title,” Rainbow Dash smirked. “Besides, it’s not like Daring Do’s entirely perfect. Don’t get me wrong, her books are ‘awesome’ and I always look forward to the next one. But she kind of threw out her pseudonym thing out of the blue and I’m thinking… ‘I thought she wanted to keep that secret’ or something.

“Yeah, that was confusing… wait!” Applejack paused, realizing. “You knew!”

You knew?!” Rainbow Dash replied, stunned. “Wow… I mean I was going to talk to you about it first, but what with the dinosaurs rampaging—”

Sunset Shimmer: See Applejack, you were worried for nothing. This is why you should learn to talk things through, rather than making false accusations.

Postwar: Yeah, but both of them are so bullheaded, they barely notice anything.

Sure enough, there was shouting trying to reach them from a distance. The two mares, including Grant and Daring Do, turned to the side… and saw Ellie, along with Twilight and Rarity, practically dragging themselves from the bunker. The ponies waved to them, shouting something faint.

Grant furrowed his brow, walking towards the trio. Ellie shouted louder; Grant walked faster. He’s closer now, and he could finally make out what she’s shouting.

“Run!” Ellie shouted.

Grant, along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, raced towards Ellie and their friends, with Daring Do hovering from behind. Grant raced towards Ellie, who ran into his arms. The ponies practically piled against each other, laughing hysterically as if they had been apart for a thousand years.

“Thank Celestia ya’ll are alright!” Applejack sighed with relief. “Where’s the Doc?”

“Whooves is with Malcolm and Hammond back at the bunker,” Rarity answered.

“What about the others?” Twilight asked, gasping in horror. “Where’re the kids?!”

Petro: Duh, where you left them?!

Postwar: And I thought my mother was the dunce for not paying attention.

Back at their table, Lex and Fluttershy were digging in, munching on vegetables. While Fluttershy ate casually, Lex practically grabbed the food with two hands. Tim, along with Pinkie Pie and Spike, were enjoying their food too. Only most of their food was cakes and other sweets. Pinkie and Spike were practically eating like anime characters, while Tim took a spoonful of food and stuffed it into his mouth.

Lex was about to have a spoonful of lime Jell-O from one of the plastic dinosaur egg cups – but her hand froze halfway to her mouth. Tim, along with Pinkie and Spike, looked up seeing the expression on Lex’s face. Lex was staring over their shoulder, eyes wide, the Jell-O quivering in her shaky hands. But she’s not the only one… Fluttershy had a look of horror and her yellow fur slowly turned white.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked.

Without saying a word, Fluttershy pointed rapidly with her hoof. Confused, Spike pointed over the shoulder his friend was pointing. Sure enough, there was a growling side just behind them where the mural was. Spike gulped nervously, as his face dropped.

“Parasaurolophus?” Spike asked weakly.

But Fluttershy only shook her head, trying so hard not to cry. Tim, Spike, and Pinkie slowly turned around. Behind them, one of the silhouettes on the mural was a raptor, in a hunting pose. While they stare, the silhouette of a real raptor moved out from behind it and crept forward, into the lobby of the visitor’s center. Pinkie Pie almost screamed but Spike quickly covered her mouth tightly, just in the nick of time.

<>

The kids, the ponies, and Spike quickly ducked into the kitchen, Lex pulling the shiny metal door shut as quietly as she could. It latched with a distinctive ‘click’, but there’s no lock. She raced to a panel of light switches and killed them all, plunging the room into semidarkness. She helped Tim down an aisle, while Spike followed Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. The kids hid at the end, behind a counter, breathing hard. The ponies and Spike hid behind another counter, the teen dragon trying to crouch as low as possible.

A raptor’s head popped into view, visible through the round window in the middle of the kitchen door. It just took a moment, its breath steaming against the window. Through the window, as the steam evaporated, the raptor could see a part of Tim not entirely hidden by the counter. In the kitchen, Tim and Lex remained frozen in fear as the raptor first sniffed the bottom of the door, then thumped its head against it. But the door didn’t budge… yet the Equestrians knew it was all a matter of time.

“This is way more stressful than going to the dentist!” Pinkie whimpered, quietly.

Sunset Shimmer: They always are.

Postwar: No kidding, especially when they want to give you happy gas whilst trying to work on your teet

Outside the kitchen door, the raptor stared down at the door handle, cocking its head curiously. It snarled and bumped the door handle with its head, but that didn’t do anything. It reached out, toward the handle, with one clawed hand. Tim, Lex, and the Equestrians stared in shock as the door handle started to turn and the door opened.

“Timmy, what is it?” Fluttershy asked, quietly.

“It’s a Velociraptor…” Tim whispered back.

“It’s inside…” Lex gasped, silently.

“That’s… a velociraptor?” Spike spied.

“Well… good thing it’s just one and not the pack …” Pinkie Pie sighed with relief. “Wait… was that a hand?”

The first raptor stood in the doorway, drawing itself up to its full height, and looked around the kitchen. Then it proceeded to make some sort of signal, calling out for something. It was so horrible that the kids and their friends covered their ears. But that wasn’t even the worst part.

For soon, a second raptor joined it in the doorway. They moved into the room, brushing against each other. The first raptor snapped at the second, as if saying, ‘Keep your distance’.

“And… there it is…” Spike cringed.

“Kids… follow us!” Fluttershy gestured.

The raptors proceeded to split up, taking two different aisles. With the ponies and Spike taking the lead, Tim and Lex crawled away. It was difficult for Tim because he was awfully weak and it still hurt to move. Still, they crawled down the third aisle, around the other side of the counter from the raptors, moving in the opposite direction.

As the anxious group moved past the raptors, one of their tails smacked into some pots and pans, knocking them off the counter. They fell on top of them, but somehow they managed to keep quiet. They moved quickly as one of the raptors dipped down, searching through an open cabinet to inspect the racket. They managed to reach the end of the aisle and rounded a corner -- but Fluttershy and Tim fell behind. At some point, they accidentally brushed against some hanging kitchen utensils and froze.

The raptor’s head searched left and right while the pony and Tim held their breath. But finding nothing, the head reeled itself back through the hole. Just when they felt they were safe, a ladle clattered on the ground. Fluttershy whimpered, closing her eyes tightly as both raptors turned, confused by the strange metallic sound. One of the raptors jumped onto the counter, knocking more kitchen stuff to the floor. They moved, right toward their direction, heading right for the frightened pair.

Their friends tried to usher them to crawl toward them, but Tim and Fluttershy merely shook their heads too scared to try. The raptor on the floor sniffed the area, following the scent. It was just about to turn the corner toward where Tim and Fluttershy sat, the latter whimpering and leaned against Timmy preparing for the worst. Exposed, exhausted, it looked to be the end for the pair as the raptor got closer…

Sunset Shimmer: Oh, I can't watch!!

Sunset held Postwar tightly, making him squirm in opa

Seeing the girls were safe, Tim and Fluttershy turned and saw a walk-in freezer in the far wall, the kind with a pin-locking handle. Tim and Fluttershy then looked at each other, the pony could tell what he was thinking… and she didn’t like where it was going. But they knew what needed to be done. Taking a few deep breaths, Fluttershy assumed the position, and summing what little strength they had left -- they made a break for the walk-in freezer. Poor Tim was limping, dragging himself, really moving like a wounded prey now, and -- Fluttershy wasn’t doing any better being she wasn’t the fastest pony.

The other raptor spotted them and pounced after them with a snarl. Tim’s raptor charged after them, just enough open floor space between them. Just when the raptor had caught up, Fluttershy and Tim reached the freezer, ripped the door open and fell inside. The floor was cold and slick, their feet going right out from under them. They sprawled across the floor, rolling out of the way -- and the raptor slipped and fell into the freezer too, right past them.

“Hurry, Tim!” Fluttershy shouted.

Soon as Fluttershy helped him up, Tim dragged himself to his feet and followed the timid Pegasus out of the freezer. The raptor made one last lunge, right on their heels, its mouth wide open -- but Pinkie Pie, and the ‘real’ Lex screamed slamming the door shut just as their friends were in the clear. The raptor’s head got caught for a second, struggling to push through. Then another shout emerged, as Spike flew toward the door and assumed a…

“FLYING KICK!!!” Spike shouted.

The maneuver sent the raptor retreating back, and the group got the door shut all the way. The raptor roared, screaming inside. But Lex merely jammed the pin through the handle, locking it in.

“If that doesn’t put that raptor to sleep, I’ll eat Twilight’s book!” Spike sighed, exhausted.

“Let’s get out of here!” Fluttershy cried out.

By then, the other raptor slowly recovered. Staggering to its feet, groggily smashing into stuff all over the kitchen. It just saw the Equestrians and the children taking off, Lex holding Tim again for support. Watching them take off, a look of evil intentions filled the raptor’s face.

Everyone screamed and panicked from seeing the Raptors, again, minus Postwar.

Unaware of Spike’s intent, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians raced down the second floor corridor toward the control room. But because Tim was still not in good shape, Grant carried Tim the rest of the way. The door to the control room smacked open and the entire group burst in. Ellie headed straight for Nedry’s computer terminal. Grant moved Tim to the side and raced back to the door to lock it.

“We can call for help?!” Lex asked hopefully.

“We’ve got to reboot the system first!” Ellie responded.

Ellie sat at the computer, studying the screen. It’s flashing to her, dominated by a maze-like grid. She studied it, confused. Grant and Twilight were at the door when they realized something.

“Oh, no!” Twilight stared horrified. “This is a problem…”

“The door locks--” Grant called out. “Ellie! Boot up the door locks!”

“Spike, I need you to--”

Twilight paused when she looked around, counting the number of heads in the room.

“Where’s Spike?!”

POW!!!

Something struck the door, hard, from the outside, knocking Twilight and Grant back. The kids and the other ponies screamed, as Grant hurled his back against it -- losing his gun in the process. Grant struggled to keep the door closed, as the raptor reached in trying to scratch him.

“ALAN!!!” The ponies screamed.

Turning quickly, Ellie leapt out of the chair and raced over to the door to help him. Thinking quickly, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Derring Do race to the door adding their combined weight against the door. The raptor snarled, snapping its jaws, ramming itself against the door. The group tried to prevent the beast from forcing its way into the control room. This was all the group could do to hold the door against the onslaught, but it bucked against them viciously.

“Ellie -- get back and boot up the door locks!” Grant grunted.

“You can’t hold it by yourself!” Ellie shouted back.

Over at the computer, Lex slid quickly into the command chair at Nedry’s terminal. She stared at the screen for a moment as the rest joined in.

“Great wickering stallions…” Time Turner gaped. “What is all this?”

“This is a Unix system,” Lex answered. “I know this. It’s the files for the whole park. It’s like a phone book -- it tells you everything.”

“You can hack your way through this, right?”

“If I can find the right file.”

“Great… how hard can that be?”

“Try to reach the gun!” Grant called.

Twilight Sparkle saw that their human companions and a majority of the Equestrians were preoccupied trying to keep the door shut. Acting quickly, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate the gun off the ground and, while unfamiliar with the tool, attempted to aim it toward the raptor, whose head was barely visible in the window.

In the meantime, Lex’s fingers started flying over the keyboard. Tim and Fluttershy watched, amazed as the computer seemed to respond to Lex’s commands. The same could not be said for Twilight. Despite trying to aim the gun, she couldn’t get a clear shot. Not without risking the safety of the humans or her friends.

“Shoot her Twilight!” Daring Do called out. “Shoot her now!

“I can’t unless you move!” Twilight Sparkle shouted.

Tensions were running high as Lex tried to search the computer’s system, trying to find a single file amongst an entire network of data. The raptor was determined to push its way inside, opening the door just wide enough for its claws to clutch inside. Desperate, an idea quickly came to Daring Do who took out Grant’s claw that Rainbow gave her. Shouting, she proceeded to slash against the raptor’s fingers who squealed from the pain.

Scrolling across the system, Lex stumbled upon a set of files called ‘Physical Security’.

“This is it! This might be the right file!” Lex guessed.

But when she scrolled the mouse toward one of the links, it read ‘Chemical’.

“Oh no, this isn’t the right file.”

“C’mon, Lex!” Tim encouraged.

“You can do it, Lexie!” Pinkie cheered. “It’s got to be one of them.”

“What about ‘that’ menu?!” Time Turner pointed out.

Reaching another menu, Lex spotted a box on the screen that read ‘VISITOR’S CENTER’. She reached out and clicked the mouse. Soon, the system reboot was in effect activating all the devices. Every marker that said ‘unlocked’ in red letters shifted to ‘Secured’ in green.

Byph: Uh, green is good, right?

Zatt: I hope so, I just hope they make it.

Postwar: They will, eventually.

Amidst the call, all the screens in the control room had come alive now. The data scrolled by at incredible speed as every remaining system in the park came back online. Ellie sat at the keyboard with Lex, figuring things out, while everyone else gathered together beside their human companions. Grant was on the phone, holding the rifle with his free hand.

“The children are fine,” Grant assured.

Thank God,” Hammond sighed in relief.

“Call the mainland. Tell them to send the damn helicopters.”

Suddenly, Grant stopped in the middle of his sentence when the sound of glass breaking drew everyone and every pony to the side.

“THEY’RE COMING THROUGH THE GLASS!!!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

A few screams cut in, followed by three shots, and a horrible clunking as the phone dropped.

Grant!” Hammond yelled into the phone. “GRANT!

Grant’s rifle lay on the floor, smoking, several spent shells alongside it. The front window of the control room had three huge impact shatter patterns in the glass, where the gunshots hit. But not a trace of blood was found.

“He missed every shot…” Fluttershy panicked. “He missed every shot!”

“No time to panic!” Applejack yelled. “We gotta find another way out!”

“The crawl spaces!” Twilight Sparkle pointed up. “That’s our exit!”

Twilight Sparkle, and those able to fly, made their way into the open panel through the ceiling, working their way into the crawl space. Fortunately, the control room happened to have a ladder which Grant set up under the panel. The kids and the other Equestrians proceeded to climb up through the ceiling, while Ellie and Grant followed. Grant looked toward the front window, scared as hell--

*SHATTER*

Amidst a shower of glass, the raptor exploded into the control room. It landed on its feet on a workstation console, images from wall projectors falling across its head. Grant vaulted himself up into the ceiling and knocked aside the ladder with his feet. The raptor tilted its head curiously, looking up at the swaying ceiling.

Once in the crawl space, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians dashed across the ceiling panels, moving fast, but carefully, so as not to break through.

*SMASH*

The raptor’s head burst through a panel behind them, leaping up at them, snarling and snapping its jaws. It dropped down again, and they keep moving forward. But now it erupted through a panel in front of them. They scream, its teeth click just inches in front of Rarity --

“Get away from me, you brute!” Rarity shrieked.

Rarity shot the raptor in the face with one beam, sending it falling back to the floor of the control room. Grant looked around frantically before spotting an air duct a few yards away.

“Follow me!” Grant called out.

They moved for it, but the raptor’s head crashed through the ceiling again, this time right underneath Lex. She screamed as she was lifted up, atop its head, and pinned to the ceiling above.

“LEX!!!” The girls screamed.

Grant and Applejack smashed their boot/hooves respectively against the side of the raptor’s head. The raptor slammed at him, latching onto Grant’s boot for a second before the raptor’s own weight pulled it back down.

Lex nearly went down with the raptor, spinning into the hole in the ceiling, tumbling down. Fortunately, Grant and Applejack grabbed her by the collar at the last second, but Lex dangled there, above the raptor. The animal flipped over onto its feet and crouched to pounce just as man and pony summoned their strength and jerked Lex back into the ceiling. The raptor sprung, but it was too late. The trio scrambled over to the air duct, joining the others inside it.

The group crawled through the air duct as fast as they could, the thin metal booming and creasing around them. They reached a metal gate that showed daylight beneath. Grant reached out and pulled it up. Through the gate, they could see the lobby of the visitor’s center below. They’re directly above the skeletons of the dinosaurs, the T-rex, and the sauropod it was attacking. The unfinished skeletons are surrounded by scaffolding.

Ganodi: Make it stop, make it stop for the love of the Force!!

Unfortunately, it’s much too far to jump to the lobby floor. For the flying Equestrians that wasn’t an issue. Everyone else had to climb gingerly onto the nearest skeleton, the towering brachiosaur. They climbed down as fast as they could. Grant helped Tim down, Lex and Ellie followed. The other Equestrians weren’t far behind. Ellie went for the tail; Lex moved to the front. Grant landed on the main body in the middle with Tim. While the other Equestrians found a spot, the raptor watched their every movement.

Up in the ceiling, the skeleton’s anchor bolts groaned in the plaster, threatening to pull free. But for now, they held for as long as they could. All of a sudden, the raptor flew out and landed on the back of the middle section of the skeleton. *SNAP* It cracked apart with the weight, sending the sections spinning in all different directions.

Grant and Tim, along with Applejack and Time Turner, swirled on the middle section. All the flying Equestrians had taken off in the air, seeing the chaos unfold below their hooves. Tim began to slide down despite Grant’s efforts to hold onto him.

“Applejack, what do I do?!” Tim shouted.

Applejack looked around trying to consider what they should do. But then she looked toward the floor and suddenly she was reminded of a previous scenario. She knew what needed to be done.

“Let go,” Applejack spoke.

“Are you nuts?!” Tim cried out.

“No, I ain’t. I promise ya’ll be safe.”

“That’s not true.”

“Listen sugar cube, wut I’m sayin’ to you is the ‘honest’ truth. Let go… and ya’ll safe.”

“You’re going to want to do what she says, kid!” Rainbow Dash called out.

Applejack and Grant’s eyes met, the former’s darting to the side. Grant silently understood what was going on and assured Tim it was fine. Eventually, Tim lost his grip and fell to the ground right underneath the swinging, large middle section of the dinosaur skeleton. Just before Tim hit the ground, he landed on something soft and looked down. Sure enough, Twilight Sparkle had caught the boy making a careful landing on the floor.

“Rule number one: Never doubt Applejack,” Twilight Sparkle declared.

Meanwhile, Lex and Pinkie Pie spun on the front section. Lex slipped, trying to keep from falling as she hung by her legs. And somehow… Pinkie seemed to be having the time of her life.

All of a sudden, the anchor bolts in the ceiling rip free, zinging past them like bullets. The entire brachiosaur skeleton collapsed like a house of cards sending Ellie and Rarity to the ground. They covered themselves with their arms, trying to protect their heads from the shower of falling bones. Lex and Pinkie Pie fell, screaming as they landed on the ground with bones falling on top of them.

Grant, with Applejack and Time Turner in the middle section, looked up and saw the cable about to snap. They fall, with Rainbow Dash catching Applejack and Daring Do catching Time Turner. The large section of the skeleton came careening down, heading straight for Tim and Twilight Sparkle, who laid where they fell on the ground. It came smashing down… with just enough space for them to be safe.

The raptor tumbled to the floor in a cascade of splintering bone. It landed on its back a few yards away and staggered for a moment, the wind knocked out of it. Fluttershy merely hovered over the raptor for a moment, lightly tapped it on the side of the head, and it fell back as she awkwardly fluttered back to her friends.

Grant, landing in front of Tim and Twilight Sparkle, stood up and approached the pair who crawled their way out. Lex and Pinkie Pie stood up seeing the raptor regaining its footing and screamed. Rarity was helping Ellie when they noticed a shadow standing behind the visqueen and stopped dead in their tracks.

“Oh… no…” Rarity shuddered. “It’s her…”

The second raptor emerged from under the plastic and looked around. Grant got Tim and Twilight Sparkle out of the skeleton as the rest of the Equestrians joined together. They backed away from the raptor, approaching from the left side. They backed up toward a large rock in the midst of the room holding the other skeleton.

The raptors crouched in their pre-attack stance, the Equestrians and their companions found themselves caught in the middle of the two approaching raptors. They tried to back up, only to find nowhere else to go. There was no sugarcoating the intense scenario; they were literally backed in a corner.

“SPIKE, WHERE ARE YOU?!” Twilight Sparkle cried desperately.

Suddenly, just as the one raptor made a lunge for its prey…

“YEEHAW!!!”

The massive head of the Tyrannosaurus Rex descended from above. A set of six-foot jaws clamped down upon the raptor. Eighteen-inch teeth sank into its side, and the helpless animal howled in agony as it lifted up, up, up off the floor of the lobby.

“Ahh!!! It’s the T-Rex!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

“And… Spike riding it?!” Rainbow Dash paled.

Sure enough, Spike was atop of the T-rex, his legs wrapped around the neck like riding a rodeo bull. It smiled as he loomed toward his friends, waving one arm around in the air.

“Never fear, Spike and Rexy are here!” Spike gloated.

“Spike! You’re okay!” Twilight cheered.

Grant and the others looked up in stunned amazement. They stepped behind the rock for safety and looked to the right. The other raptor goes up in the air, twenty feet off the lobby floor, holding fast in the mouth of the Rex. It stood in the entrance to the lobby in front of the massive hole it ripped through the Visqueen wall. It shook its enormous head once, breaking the neck of the velociraptor, then dropped it, dead, to the floor at its feet.

The big one turned from the humans and lunged at the Rex’s side, leaping twelve feet into the air and rending the Rex’s flesh as it came down, slashing it open with its six-inch claw. In an instant, Spike lost his grip and dropped over the side, only to be caught in a gust courtesy of his adopted sister-figure’s hooves.

“I got you, Spike!” She panted.

“Thanks, Twi!” Spike smiled. “Now let’s get out of here, every pony! Rexy can handle herself from here on out!”

“I agree!” Alan nodded. “Let’s go!”

“Goodbye, Rexy!” Spike waved goodbye. “Thanks for the help!”

“I feel like we had some continuity issues in this part, but I’ll let it pass!” Pinkie Pie replied, hopping away.

“Spike ridin’ a freakin T-rex!” Rainbow Dash moaned. “Some dragons get all the luck!”

Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians skirted the battle royal on the lobby floor and dashed for the door of the visitor’s center while the battle continued. By the time they emerged outside the visitor’s center, Hammond squealed the jeep to a halt in front of the steps. Malcolm was lying in the back. Grant and the others practically fell into the jeep.

“Every pony, get in!” Daring Do ordered.

“I always knew this trip was too good to be true,” Time Turner mumbled.

Alan raced toward the passenger side door, his attention toward Hammond.

“Mr. Hammond!” Alan began. “The princess and I, after careful consideration and coming to a consensus, have decided…”

“Not to endorse your park!” Twilight Sparkle concluded, regretfully.

“So have I,” Hammond replied.

The old man hit the gas and the jeep took off, dashing away from the Visitor’s Center as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, the skirmish continued between the fearsome beasts. The rex bellowed in pain as it turned on the raptor, eyes raging, and struck, just once, quickly, as fast as the head of a serpent. It caught the raptor by the thick back end, biting one of its enormous feet down, and tore. It practically ripped the last velociraptor in half. The rex whirled around - as it turned, its heavy tail counterbalanced, snapping the other way, sweeping across the lobby, and smashed right through the T-rex skeleton. The skeleton collapsed in an explosion of bones, falling to pieces around the living rex.

The rex stood majestically in the midst of the lobby, both skeletons swept away, snapping like matchsticks as they settled around the animal. The rex drew itself up to its full height -- and roared! The sound was deafening, the vibrations rattled the entire Visitor’s Center. The sign which dangled over the lobby by its one remaining wire finally fell, clattering to the floor at its feet, face up. Its message proven true that ‘Dinosaurs’ still ruled the Earth… forever.

Everyone sighed in relief.

Sunset Shimmer: That was a close one.

Postwar: Wait till next time.

Sunset Shimmer: They're gonna go back there?

Postwar: Trust me, they will.

Back in the helicopter, silence continued inside as the Equestrians looked around at the eerily quiet people on board. Eventually, Rainbow Dash tried to break the ice.

“Well… at least we’re all alive,” Rainbow Dash spoke up.

“Thankfully,” Applejack nodded in agreement.

“Honestly darling, after all these adventures, I’ll need at least a week of spa days to relax,” Rarity huffed in exhaustion. “Would it kill ‘any’ pony if the television sent us on a tropical vacation without something trying to kill us?”

“Don’t worry Rarity, that day will come eventually,” Pinkie Pie smiled. “After all, we’ll eventually wind up in a movie about a surfer in Hawaii. Now that’s going to be fun.”

Not even bothering to figure out what Pinkie Pie meant anymore, Rarity merely leaned her head against the window and watched the island disappear in the distance.

Hammond somberly looked at his mosquito amber cane, his eyes full. Malcolm just stared toward the distance, not even saying a word. The kids are in the back of the helicopter, with Grant. The kids were sleeping on his shoulders. Grant almost absently had his arms around both kids. Ellie and the Equestrians. looked at him. Both he and the kids seemed so natural, so obviously comfortable and trusting with each other. A scene that made them smile.

Just then, Alan, Ellie and the Equestrians looked out the window. The helicopter swept low over a huge flock of sea birds flying peacefully across the sea. As the chopper roared near, it kicked up the flock. Hundreds of birds sailed off in all directions, powerful and graceful. Grant looked at the birds and broke into a wide grin. The helicopter kept flying straight for the sun, hoping to reach the island where everyone would be treated for their injuries. Though saddened over the fact Hammond couldn’t bring happiness to ‘many’ people, causing so much harm due to Dennis’ greed on wanting the embryos for money, John knew that the best thing he could do… was let the dinosaurs have the island.

And that’s the way it should be…

Eventually, the helicopter landed at a helipad back in the United States. No sooner that it touched down on the ground and everyone hopped off did the portal back to Equestria opened once more.

“Well, looks like it’s time to go.” Twilight said to everyone.

“You’re leaving?” Lex asked.

“I’m afraid so Lex darling.” Rarity nodded. “We have families and friends to get back to in Equestria. Surely they all miss us terribly.”

Both kids quickly ran up to the group and knelt down to hug each member of the Equestrian team individually.

“We’re gonna miss you all.” Tim told them.

“We’ll miss you too kid.” Rainbow nodded.

Then the kids stepped back as Alan, Ellie, Ian, and Hammond stepped up to say their goodbyes.

“Well, needless to say, meeting all of you has certainly been…an interesting adventure.” Alan said honestly, the giving a smile. “But certainly one I wouldn’t trade for anything.”

“You’ve all really helped us realize that nothing is ever really impossible.” Ellie smiled.

“No kidding.” Ian chuckled. “I’m sure that I’ll think up some new chaos theories that’ll all involve you guys in some way.”

This caused the whole group to laugh.

“Ah’m sure ya will, Ian.” Applejack chuckled.

Then everyone turned their attention solely to Hammond.

“I really must thank you all as well.” He said. “I was so blinded by my ambitions that I never stopped to think of the consequences my actions could have. You’ve all helped me to realize this and I promise, I won’t be making this same mistake in the future.”

“Here’s hoping that holds true, Mr. Hammond.” Time Turner spoke up. “While this adventure has certainly been quite eye opening, it’s one I truly hope we don’t have to take again.”

“Agreed.” Hammond nodded.

With that in mind, the Equestrians all took one last look at the group and waved their goodbyes before they all turned right back around and stepped through the portal back to Equestria.

Sunset Shimmer: At least the worst is over.

Postwar: Why do I get the feeling something's about to happen.

Regina spun around and her guards drew their weapons toward the source of the new voice. Before their eyes, Daring Do stepped out from behind a tree.

“A SPY!!!” One knight ordered. “KILL IT!!!”

The knights made to advance, but Regina held one hand and the knights stopped in their tracks. Regina smirked at the sight of the explorer pony standing before her.

“What the hell are you doing here?” She asked. “Let me guess: You’re trying to get these shears back? Well, this can end in one of two ways for you. Painful… or extremely painful. Either way, I win… you lose.”

But Daring Do merely waved her hoof and shook her head.

“Please… I have no interest in your trinkets,” She scoffed.

“… All right, who are you?” Regina asked, suspiciously. “What do you want?”

“To see you of course.”

“What… are you talking about?” Regina raised her brow, confused.

“You’re thinking far too small,” Daring Do explained. “Why waste your time on a pair of scissors when you could have the whole world bending their knees in submission? You’re slipping Regina; you’re not thinking like you used to.

Regina retained her confusion, yet an angry sneer threatened to form over the insult upon her.

“What would you know about my plans?!” She hissed. “How do you know my name?”

“Simple…” Daring Do replied, with a small grin.

A swirl of purple smoke engulfed the explorer pony. It was at that moment when the smoke cleared that a completely different figure appeared in the pony’s place. Standing before them was a middle-aged woman with dark auburn hair done up in an elaborate bouffant hairstyle. She wore a wine-red dress decorated with black trimmings, dark gloves on her hands, and a smile on her ruby red lips.

camo.fimfiction.net/VDm88iX7vtoKtbTBIxKdt8lUh0z8KAjt95YMcjh4Cxw?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wikia.nocookie.net%2Ffiction-battlefield%2Fimages%2Fc%2Fcb%2F1f3ea90571f5f558420819b8dbb92450.jpg%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20181010170630%26path-prefix%3Dpt-br

“I’ve known you all your life, dear.”

Regina reeled back in shock at this startling revelation. For this woman was none other than her own mother: Cora Mills.

“Mother!” She gasped, shocked. “That shouldn’t be possible; I banished you years ago. How did you find a way back?”

“Perseverance,” Cora responded simply. “Amazing what you can do when you’re as dedicated as me.”

“And the pony you were impersonating?” Regina asked.

“Dead,” Cora replied, brushing it off. “I killed that pony a long time ago. But I will give her credit, she put up more of a fight than I imagined. I’d almost say I was impressed; too bad I had to put her down.”

“And you’ve been posing as her ever since?”

“Obviously, there’s no way any of these ponies would listen to me,” Cora answered. “Everyone ‘loves’ a hero. Don’t you agree, Regina?”

Everyone gasped in shock and horror.

Sunset Shimmer: That's impossible.

Cal Kestis: Truly they've been deceived from within.

Postwar: Oh no. No, no, no, no, no, no, not good. (Quickly began to sent a message to every CA member, warning them of the fake Daring Do, and what happened to the real one)

So, Cora was Daring all along?! What a huge twist! Anyway, even after 30 years Jurassic Park will always be my favourite movie.

11627875
Don't forget Twilight too, because she introduced Daring Do to Rainbow.

WwwwwwwwOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
I did not see that twist ending coming!
Things definitely are going from bad to worse. And I have a truly terribly terrifying feeling that things in this series are about to get So. Much. Worse!

Thank you, Dramamaster. And holy SHIT! Daring Do was already dead?! Oh my God.

Daring Do was dead this whole time?! Well, that sure changes things now. And now Regina and her forces live in the Castle of the Two sisters. Dangerous to have enemies live so close to Ponyville, even if they have an agreement to stay away from their domain.

Dear lord, im in shock, Daring dead........i literally paled a little just seeing that, Rainbow is gonna be furious, i can only imagine how things are gonna get worse, what an ending, absolutely marvelous job on another adventure, we love you Lord E and Drama XD

Rainbow Dash is gonna have some grief and intense rage to deal with

Thanks for using one of my Quote Suggestions, Lord Enigma!

P.S. Well shit! How will Rainbow find out that Daring is dead?!

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe:

“And… Spike riding it?!” Rainbow Dash paled.

AND THE MOST AWESOME DRAGON AWARD GOSE TO.............SPIKE THE DRAGON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment posted by Fiction97 deleted Jul 3rd, 2023

Just want to say that I'm enjoying things so far but holy crap you just really want us to hate these villains cause things really go crazy dark on the regular. Just processing everything from that Daring Do revelations in particular why we had to kill off that character, providing she's not out hiding somewhere. All that said still looking forward to Sweeney, which yes I am kind of expecting things to go especially crazy dark there given the film, which I enjoyed all the same.

11628248

Wait, Sweeney Todd? As in the Johnny Depp movie? They are doing that film next???

11628058
They Ain’t Gonna To Get Away With It Our Heroes Will Find A Way To End The Benefactor & The Dark Order’s Evil Plans.

The Dark Order Went Extremely Too Far I Hope The Ponies Will Find Way Not Only Saved Their Universe & The Universe But Avenge Darring Do’s Death.

<<Previous

Canterlot Mall Theater, Discord's Branch

Finally, Grant, along with the kids, the ponies, and Spike reached the deserted visitor’s center. A large sign that said ‘When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth…’ drooped overhead. Grant now carried Tim, weakened and his hands wrapped in cloth but conscious.

“Hello?!” Grant yelled.

But answer there came none.

“Where is every pony?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I reckon most of the staff left the port when that their storm came,” Applejack confirmed. “The others must be somewhere on this island.”

They were walking through the visitor’s center when a commotion made them stop. They drew their heads toward the doorway to the restaurant.

“I think there’s something behind that door…” Rainbow Dash whispered.

Nodding their heads slowly, Applejack and Derring Do followed Rainbow Dash, leaning cautiously toward the door. Spike and Fluttershy stayed with the kids, the latter shivering frightfully. Rainbow Dash slowly leaned her hoof along the door’s surface. Taking a deep breath, she made to open it…

“HI GUYS!” Pinkie greeted, opening the door.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

High pitch screamed went loose as Pinkie Pie was staring… at Rainbow Dash, who freaked out like a little girl. All eyes turned toward Rainbow Dash who stood at an awkward position looking from Pinkie Pie to her friends then back to Pinkie. The rainbow-haired Pegasus quickly adjusted her mane and cleared her throat.

“I almost bucked you in the face!” Rainbow hissed.

“… Kinky!” Pinkie smiled.

“NOT LIKE THAT!”

Arctic: (nearly laughed out as he covered his mouth quickly)

Rarity: Really now? (She said towards Arctic)

Arctic: I-I’m sorry. I-I shouldn’t be laughing. (He said barely before bursting into laughter)

Eventually, the group made it into the restaurant. Grant and Derring Do carefully set Tim on a chair at one of the tables. Lex and the other ponies sat across from him. Pinkie Pie proceeded to take out her radio and turned it on.

“Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain! Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain!” Pinkie spoke, in code. “Come in, Purple Rain! Over!”

But the walkie-talkie merely responded with static. Pinkie waited for a few seconds but got no response.

“Oh, guess she didn’t get the code,” Pinkie shrugged, trying again. “Pinkie to Twilight! Come in, Twilight! Grant and the others arrived safely! We’re waiting at the restaurant! Over!”

Again, only static. Pinkie Pie slapped the radio along the side. But all she got was status, even when changing the channels.

“I hope those things weren’t expensive…”

“I am gonna have to find the others and get ‘you’ to a doctor,” Grant told Tim. “Will you look after Tim, girls?”

“Yes…” Lex and Fluttershy answered, scared as hell.

“Spike, you should rest here with the others while Grant, Rainbow, and I look for the others,” Derring Do responded.

“Fine by me!” Spike sighed, leaning back. “I think I’ve had enough excitement today!”

“I oughta come too!” Applejack offered. “For safety!”

Derring Do and Rainbow Dash looked at each other, Rainbow Dash nodding with assurance.

“Fine with me,” Derring Do shrugged. “We’ll need the strongest ponies for this trip anyway.

Nodding in agreement, Grant took one look at Tim for a second.

“Your hair’s all standing up,” Grant chuckled.

He gently rearranged Tim’s hair, which was wild and all over the place. Tim looked up at him weakly, managing a smile to which Grant smiled back.

“Big Tim, the human piece of toast,” Grant joked.

Tim laughed and Grant paused for a second, as if debating something.

Soon Rainbow and Pinkie started to laugh along with Sonata who started to giggle herself.

But Grant left before he even made the gestures, to which Pinkie pouted a bit. As he went across the lobby of the visitor’s center to the outside, they could see his silhouette, moving through a translucent mural depicting dinosaurs in various natural settings. It was quiet for a second as the kids and Equestrians looked at each other. Tim and Spike go across the room, Pinkie Pie skipping behind, to an all-you-can-eat table on the other side loaded with all kinds of food.

“Boy, they sure were expecting us to come by,” Spike observed.

“Actually, it was all like this when Twilight got us back here,” Pinkie replied. “Didn’t want it to go to waste.”

“As long as it’s safe to eat… I’m hungry,” Fluttershy sighed.

“It sure is! And tasty too! Well, come on, every pony! Help yourselves!”

Quickly, the ponies, along with the kids and Spike proceeded to pile some food onto some plates and grabbed a few utensils. They proceeded to bring the food back to their table for a well-deserved meal.

Sci-Twi: Nothing like a good meal after everything they been through.

Juniper: With all that running around, they definitely deserve a good meal

Outside, Grant and his Equestrian group crossed the path towards Hammond’s compound, their eyes darting side-to-side. They really had no idea where they needed to go nor if there were any other carnivores lurking about. All they knew was that they needed to stay close and try not to attract any unwanted attention. While Derring Do was keeping watch over Grant, Rainbow Dash slowly approached Applejack.

“A.J., can we talk for a moment?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Actually, I’ve been meanin’ to talk to yah too…” Applejack admitted.

The two ponies took a deep breath and…

“It’s about Derring Do…” They said in unison. “Wait what?

“Did… you want to go first?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No, no. It’s fine!” Applejack chuckled nervously. “Wut did you want to say?”

“You’re not jealous that I’ve been spending some time with Derring Do, are you?

“Why does every pony use the ‘jealousy’ card with me?” Applejack groaned, annoyed. “I promise hon… I ain’t jealous of no pony. I’m jus’… mighty bit concerned, that’s all.”

“I just don’t want you to think Derring Do is taking your place or anything,” Rainbow Dash assured. “It’s just not every day a pony like me gets to have an adventure with their favorite idol. And that’s something considering Derring Do usually prefers working alone

“I know… that really shouldn’t bother me,” Applejack sighed. “It’s just… she seems so… perfect and you two have a lot in common. You’re cunning, fierce, determined… heck, Derring Do seems ‘way’ smarter than me. I mean… ya’ll practically look alike-

“A.J., A.J., A.J.,” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I’m going to stop you right there. There’s nothing between me and Derring Do… no way! She’s like an older sister I never had. She’ll go back to doing her temple runs flying solo or collaborating with that Doctor guy on another book. Meanwhile, I still have ‘you’. We go on adventures together every day, and you’re the only pony who makes me feel ‘awesome’… the only pony who can go hoof-to-hoof with me.

“You’re the only mare for me, Applejack. No pony is ever going to come between us.”

“Wow… I had it all wrong about ya,” Applejack smiled, tearfully. “You really do care about me.”

“Hey… they don’t call me the Element of Loyalty for the fancy title,” Rainbow Dash smirked.”

There were smilies and awes in the audience seeing the heartfelt moment between the two of them.

Rarity: Now that, is what true love looks like. (She said with a small smile with a bit of tears)

Sonata Dusk: (was leaning onto Arctic shoulder) It really is romantic, I’m happy to see that they make a happy couple. (She said as she looks up towards Arctic) Don’t you agree? (She asked with a smile)

Arctic: (would have a small blush but nods his head smiling) Yeah, they do make a happy couple. And, it’s nice that Applejack didn’t have nothing to worry about at all. (He responded to the siren with a smile of his own)

Sure enough, there was shouting trying to reach them from a distance. The two mares, including Grant and Derring Do, turned to the side… and saw Ellie, along with Twilight and Rarity, practically dragging themselves from the bunker. The ponies waved to them, shouting something faint.

Grant furrowed his brow, walking towards the trio. Ellie shouted louder; Grant walked faster. He’s closer now, and he could finally make out what she’s shouting.

“Run!” Ellie shouted.

Grant, along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, raced towards Ellie and their friends, with Derring Do hovering from behind. Grant raced towards Ellie, who ran into his arms. The ponies practically piled against each other, laughing hysterically as if they had been apart for a thousand years.

“Thank Celestia ya’ll are alright!” Applejack sighed with relief. “Where’s the Doc?”

“Whooves is with Malcolm and Hammond back at the bunker,” Rarity answered.

“What about the others?” Twilight asked, gasping in horror. “Where’re the kids?!”

Fluttershy: O-Oh no…

Back at their table, Lex and Fluttershy were digging in, munching on vegetables. While Fluttershy ate casually, Lex practically grabbed the food with two hands. Tim, along with Pinkie Pie and Spike, were enjoying their food too. Only most of their food was cakes and other sweets. Pinkie and Spike were practically eating like anime characters, while Tim took a spoonful of food and stuffed it into his mouth.

Lex was about to have a spoonful of lime Jell-O from one of the plastic dinosaur egg cups – but her hand froze halfway to her mouth. Tim, along with Pinkie and Spike, looked up seeing the expression on Lex’s face. Lex was staring over their shoulder, eyes wide, the Jell-O quivering in her shaky hands. But she’s not the only one… Fluttershy had a look of horror and her yellow fur slowly turned white.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked.

Without saying a word, Fluttershy pointed rapidly with her hoof. Confused, Spike pointed over the shoulder his friend was pointing. Sure enough, there was a growling side just behind them where the mural was. Spike gulped nervously, as his face dropped.

“Parasaurolophus?” Spike asked weakly.

But Fluttershy only shook her head, trying so hard not to cry. Tim, Spike, and Pinkie slowly turned around. Behind them, one of the silhouettes on the mural was a raptor, in a hunting pose. While they stare, the silhouette of a real raptor moved out from behind it and crept forward, into the lobby of the visitor’s center. Pinkie Pie almost screamed but Spike quickly covered her mouth tightly, just in the nick of time.

<>

The kids, the ponies, and Spike quickly ducked into the kitchen, Lex pulling the shiny metal door shut as quietly as she could. It latched with a distinctive ‘click’, but there’s no lock. She raced to a panel of light switches and killed them all, plunging the room into semidarkness. She helped Tim down an aisle, while Spike followed Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. The kids hid at the end, behind a counter, breathing hard. The ponies and Spike hid behind another counter, the teen dragon trying to crouch as low as possible.

A raptor’s head popped into view, visible through the round window in the middle of the kitchen door. It just took a moment, its breath steaming against the window. Through the window, as the steam evaporated, the raptor could see a part of Tim not entirely hidden by the counter. In the kitchen, Tim and Lex remained frozen in fear as the raptor first sniffed the bottom of the door, then thumped its head against it. But the door didn’t budge… yet the Equestrians knew it was all a matter of time.

“This is way more stressful than going to the dentist!” Pinkie whimpered, quietly.

Applejack: Reminds me of when we try to get Pinkie to the dentist

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, spend who knows how long just to get to the building

Pinkie Pie: It’s an evil place!

Arctic: Everyone has to go at some point, Pinkie.

Outside the kitchen door, the raptor stared down at the door handle, cocking its head curiously. It snarled and bumped the door handle with its head, but that didn’t do anything. It reached out, toward the handle, with one clawed hand. Tim, Lex, and the Equestrians stared in shock as the door handle started to turn and the door opened.

“Timmy, what is it?” Fluttershy asked, quietly.

“It’s a Velociraptor…” Tim whispered back.

“It’s inside…” Lex gasped, silently.

“That’s… a velociraptor?” Spike spied.

“Well… good thing it’s just one and not the pack …” Pinkie Pie sighed with relief. “Wait… was that a hand?”

The first raptor stood in the doorway, drawing itself up to its full height, and looked around the kitchen. Then it proceeded to make some sort of signal, calling out for something. It was so horrible that the kids and their friends covered their ears. But that wasn’t even the worst part.

For soon, a second raptor joined it in the doorway. They moved into the room, brushing against each other. The first raptor snapped at the second, as if saying, ‘Keep your distance’.

“And… there it is…” Spike cringed.

“Kids… follow us!” Fluttershy gestured.

The raptors proceeded to split up, taking two different aisles. With the ponies and Spike taking the lead, Tim and Lex crawled away. It was difficult for Tim because he was awfully weak and it still hurt to move. Still, they crawled down the third aisle, around the other side of the counter from the raptors, moving in the opposite direction.

As the anxious group moved past the raptors, one of their tails smacked into some pots and pans, knocking them off the counter. They fell on top of them, but somehow they managed to keep quiet. They moved quickly as one of the raptors dipped down, searching through an open cabinet to inspect the racket. They managed to reach the end of the aisle and rounded a corner -- but Fluttershy and Tim fell behind. At some point, they accidentally brushed against some hanging kitchen utensils and froze.

The raptor’s head searched left and right while the pony and Tim held their breath. But finding nothing, the head reeled itself back through the hole. Just when they felt they were safe, a ladle clattered on the ground. Fluttershy whimpered, closing her eyes tightly as both raptors turned, confused by the strange metallic sound. One of the raptors jumped onto the counter, knocking more kitchen stuff to the floor. They moved, right toward their direction, heading right for the frightened pair.

Their friends tried to usher them to crawl toward them, but Tim and Fluttershy merely shook their heads too scared to try. The raptor on the floor sniffed the area, following the scent. It was just about to turn the corner toward where Tim and Fluttershy sat, the latter whimpering and leaned against Timmy preparing for the worst. Exposed, exhausted, it looked to be the end for the pair as the raptor got closer…

Fluttershy: P-Please no…(she said shutting her eyes holding onto Rainbow Dash)

Soanta Dusk: I don’t think I can take it..(she adds on holding onto Arctic tightly)

Suddenly, both raptors stopped when they heard a clicking sound and singing from the other end of the aisle.

Pinkie Pie (Sings):
Roll back the rock to the dawn of time
When the Earth was smokin’ and the lava flowed!

Sure enough, it was Pinkie Pie singing a jingle and Lex tapping a spoon on the floor to distract them. The raptor on the counter leapt down, starting cautiously toward Lex’s noise, leaving Tim and Fluttershy for now. Quickly, Pinkie Pie pointed to the nearest steel cabinet behind Lex, its sliding door open. They proceeded to crawl inside, silently.

From another hiding spot, Spike peeked over seeing one of the raptors eyeing the two girls, snarling, and revealing its teeth. While Lex and Pinkie squirmed together, they tried to pull the overhead door to the cabinet shut. The one raptor had just rounded and corner seeing their reflection on the shiny cabinet front. Lex and Pinkie tried frantically to lower the cabinet door, however…

“It’s stuck!” Pinkie hissed.

The raptor pounced, charging toward Lex and Pinkie Pie, smashing more stuff around with its tail. Lex kept tugging on the cover, to no avail, screaming in panic as the girls braced themselves--

THUD! Lex’s raptor crashed into a shiny surface bearing their reflection. As it turned out, it chased the wrong image and it sagged to the floor, semiconscious. Pinkie Pie and Lex proceeded to crawl out the steel cabinet, crawling away while the raptor was done.

Sci-Twi: Thank goodness.

Juniper: That was some fast thinking there.

Applejack: Eeyup, they were able to save them. (She said with a smile)

Seeing the girls were safe, Tim and Fluttershy turned and saw a walk-in freezer in the far wall, the kind with a pin-locking handle. Tim and Fluttershy then looked at each other, the pony could tell what he was thinking… and she didn’t like where it was going. But they knew what needed to be done. Taking a few deep breaths, Fluttershy assumed the position, and summing what little strength they had left -- they made a break for the walk-in freezer. Poor Tim was limping, dragging himself, really moving like a wounded prey now, and -- Fluttershy wasn’t doing any better being she wasn’t the fastest pony.

The other raptor spotted them and pounced after them with a snarl. Tim’s raptor charged after them, just enough open floor space between them. Just when the raptor had caught up, Fluttershy and Tim reached the freezer, ripped the door open and fell inside. The floor was cold and slick, their feet going right out from under them. They sprawled across the floor, rolling out of the way -- and the raptor slipped and fell into the freezer too, right past them.

“Hurry, Tim!” Fluttershy shouted.

Soon as Fluttershy helped him up, Tim dragged himself to his feet and followed the timid Pegasus out of the freezer. The raptor made one last lunge, right on their heels, its mouth wide open -- but Pinkie Pie, and the ‘real’ Lex screamed slamming the door shut just as their friends were in the clear. The raptor’s head got caught for a second, struggling to push through. Then another shout emerged, as Spike flew toward the door and assumed a…

“FLYING KICK!!!” Spike shouted.

The maneuver sent the raptor retreating back, and the group got the door shut all the way. The raptor roared, screaming inside. But Lex merely jammed the pin through the handle, locking it in.

Arctic: Haha! That ah boi Spike! A clean hit!

Rainbow Dash: You can say that again! That was awesome!

Unaware of Spike’s intent, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians raced down the second floor corridor toward the control room. But because Tim was still not in good shape, Grant carried Tim the rest of the way. The door to the control room smacked open and the entire group burst in. Ellie headed straight for Nedry’s computer terminal. Grant moved Tim to the side and raced back to the door to lock it.

“We can call for help?!” Lex asked hopefully.

“We’ve got to reboot the system first!” Ellie responded.

Ellie sat at the computer, studying the screen. It’s flashing to her, dominated by a maze-like grid. She studied it, confused. Grant and Twilight were at the door when they realized something.

“Oh, no!” Twilight stared horrified. “This is a problem…”

“The door locks--” Grant called out. “Ellie! Boot up the door locks!”

“Spike, I need you to--”

Twilight paused when she looked around, counting the number of heads in the room.

“Where’s Spike?!”

POW!!!

Something struck the door, hard, from the outside, knocking Twilight and Grant back. The kids and the other ponies screamed, as Grant hurled his back against it -- losing his gun in the process. Grant struggled to keep the door closed, as the raptor reached in trying to scratch him.

“ALAN!!!” The ponies screamed.

Turning quickly, Ellie leapt out of the chair and raced over to the door to help him. Thinking quickly, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Derring Do race to the door adding their combined weight against the door. The raptor snarled, snapping its jaws, ramming itself against the door. The group tried to prevent the beast from forcing its way into the control room. This was all the group could do to hold the door against the onslaught, but it bucked against them viciously.

“Ellie -- get back and boot up the door locks!” Grant grunted.

“You can’t hold it by yourself!” Ellie shouted back.

Over at the computer, Lex slid quickly into the command chair at Nedry’s terminal. She stared at the screen for a moment as the rest joined in.

“Great wickering stallions…” Time Turner gaped. “What is all this?”

“This is a Unix system,” Lex answered. “I know this. It’s the files for the whole park. It’s like a phone book -- it tells you everything.”

“You can hack your way through this, right?”

“If I can find the right file.”

“Great… how hard can that be?”

“Try to reach the gun!” Grant called.

Twilight Sparkle saw that their human companions and a majority of the Equestrians were preoccupied trying to keep the door shut. Acting quickly, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate the gun off the ground and, while unfamiliar with the tool, attempted to aim it toward the raptor, whose head was barely visible in the window.

In the meantime, Lex’s fingers started flying over the keyboard. Tim and Fluttershy watched, amazed as the computer seemed to respond to Lex’s commands. The same could not be said for Twilight. Despite trying to aim the gun, she couldn’t get a clear shot. Not without risking the safety of the humans or her friends.

“Shoot her Twilight!” Derring Do called out. “Shoot her now!

“I can’t unless you move!” Twilight Sparkle shouted.

Tensions were running high as Lex tried to search the computer’s system, trying to find a single file amongst an entire network of data. The raptor was determined to push its way inside, opening the door just wide enough for its claws to clutch inside. Desperate, an idea quickly came to Derring Do who took out Grant’s claw that Rainbow gave her. Shouting, she proceeded to slash against the raptor’s fingers who squealed from the pain.

Scrolling across the system, Lex stumbled upon a set of files called ‘Physical Security’.

“This is it! This might be the right file!” Lex guessed.

But when she scrolled the mouse toward one of the links, it read ‘Chemical’.

“Oh no, this isn’t the right file.”

“C’mon, Lex!” Tim encouraged.

“You can do it, Lexie!” Pinkie cheered. “It’s got to be one of them.”

“What about ‘that’ menu?!” Time Turner pointed out.

Reaching another menu, Lex spotted a box on the screen that read ‘VISITOR’S CENTER’. She reached out and clicked the mouse. Soon, the system reboot was in effect activating all the devices. Every marker that said ‘unlocked’ in red letters shifted to ‘Secured’ in green.

Sci-Twi: Come on!

Juniper: You’re close!

Amidst the call, all the screens in the control room had come alive now. The data scrolled by at incredible speed as every remaining system in the park came back online. Ellie sat at the keyboard with Lex, figuring things out, while everyone else gathered together beside their human companions. Grant was on the phone, holding the rifle with his free hand.

“The children are fine,” Grant assured.

Thank God,” Hammond sighed in relief.

“Call the mainland. Tell them to send the damn helicopters.”

Suddenly, Grant stopped in the middle of his sentence when the sound of glass breaking drew everyone and every pony to the side.

“THEY’RE COMING THROUGH THE GLASS!!!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

A few screams cut in, followed by three shots, and a horrible clunking as the phone dropped.

Grant!” Hammond yelled into the phone. “GRANT!

Grant’s rifle lay on the floor, smoking, several spent shells alongside it. The front window of the control room had three huge impact shatter patterns in the glass, where the gunshots hit. But not a trace of blood was found.

“He missed every shot…” Fluttershy panicked. “He missed every shot!”

“No time to panic!” Applejack yelled. “We gotta find another way out!”

“The crawl spaces!” Twilight Sparkle pointed up. “That’s our exit!”

Twilight Sparkle, and those able to fly, made their way into the open panel through the ceiling, working their way into the crawl space. Fortunately, the control room happened to have a ladder which Grant set up under the panel. The kids and the other Equestrians proceeded to climb up through the ceiling, while Ellie and Grant followed. Grant looked toward the front window, scared as hell--

*SHATTER*

Amidst a shower of glass, the raptor exploded into the control room. It landed on its feet on a workstation console, images from wall projectors falling across its head. Grant vaulted himself up into the ceiling and knocked aside the ladder with his feet. The raptor tilted its head curiously, looking up at the swaying ceiling.

Once in the crawl space, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians dashed across the ceiling panels, moving fast, but carefully, so as not to break through.

*SMASH*

The raptor’s head burst through a panel behind them, leaping up at them, snarling and snapping its jaws. It dropped down again, and they keep moving forward. But now it erupted through a panel in front of them. They scream, its teeth click just inches in front of Rarity --

“Get away from me, you brute!” Rarity shrieked.

Rarity shot the raptor in the face with one beam, sending it falling back to the floor of the control room. Grant looked around frantically before spotting an air duct a few yards away.

“Follow me!” Grant called out.

They moved for it, but the raptor’s head crashed through the ceiling again, this time right underneath Lex. She screamed as she was lifted up, atop its head, and pinned to the ceiling above.

“LEX!!!” The girls screamed.

Grant and Applejack smashed their boot/hooves respectively against the side of the raptor’s head. The raptor slammed at him, latching onto Grant’s boot for a second before the raptor’s own weight pulled it back down.

Lex nearly went down with the raptor, spinning into the hole in the ceiling, tumbling down. Fortunately, Grant and Applejack grabbed her by the collar at the last second, but Lex dangled there, above the raptor. The animal flipped over onto its feet and crouched to pounce just as man and pony summoned their strength and jerked Lex back into the ceiling. The raptor sprung, but it was too late. The trio scrambled over to the air duct, joining the others inside it.

The group crawled through the air duct as fast as they could, the thin metal booming and creasing around them. They reached a metal gate that showed daylight beneath. Grant reached out and pulled it up. Through the gate, they could see the lobby of the visitor’s center below. They’re directly above the skeletons of the dinosaurs, the T-rex, and the sauropod it was attacking. The unfinished skeletons are surrounded by scaffolding.

Rarity: Please! When will this nightmare end!

Unfortunately, it’s much too far to jump to the lobby floor. For the flying Equestrians that wasn’t an issue. Everyone else had to climb gingerly onto the nearest skeleton, the towering brachiosaur. They climbed down as fast as they could. Grant helped Tim down, Lex and Ellie followed. The other Equestrians weren’t far behind. Ellie went for the tail; Lex moved to the front. Grant landed on the main body in the middle with Tim. While the other Equestrians found a spot, the raptor watched their every movement.

Up in the ceiling, the skeleton’s anchor bolts groaned in the plaster, threatening to pull free. But for now, they held for as long as they could. All of a sudden, the raptor flew out and landed on the back of the middle section of the skeleton. *SNAP* It cracked apart with the weight, sending the sections spinning in all different directions.

Grant and Tim, along with Applejack and Time Turner, swirled on the middle section. All the flying Equestrians had taken off in the air, seeing the chaos unfold below their hooves. Tim began to slide down despite Grant’s efforts to hold onto him.

“Applejack, what do I do?!” Tim shouted.

Applejack looked around trying to consider what they should do. But then she looked toward the floor and suddenly she was reminded of a previous scenario. She knew what needed to be done.

“Let go,” Applejack spoke.

“Are you nuts?!” Tim cried out.

“No, I ain’t. I promise ya’ll be safe.”

“That’s not true.”

“Listen sugar cube, wut I’m sayin’ to you is the ‘honest’ truth. Let go… and ya’ll safe.”

“You’re going to want to do what she says, kid!” Rainbow Dash called out.

Applejack and Grant’s eyes met, the former’s darting to the side. Grant silently understood what was going on and assured Tim it was fine. Eventually, Tim lost his grip and fell to the ground right underneath the swinging, large middle section of the dinosaur skeleton. Just before Tim hit the ground, he landed on something soft and looked down. Sure enough, Twilight Sparkle had caught the boy making a careful landing on the floor.

“Rule number one: Never doubt Applejack,” Twilight Sparkle declared.

Arctic: Ain’t that the truth, is she tells you that there’s nothing to worry about, then she means it.

Applejack: Eeyup.

Meanwhile, Lex and Pinkie Pie spun on the front section. Lex slipped, trying to keep from falling as she hung by her legs. And somehow… Pinkie seemed to be having the time of her life.

All of a sudden, the anchor bolts in the ceiling rip free, zinging past them like bullets. The entire brachiosaur skeleton collapsed like a house of cards sending Ellie and Rarity to the ground. They covered themselves with their arms, trying to protect their heads from the shower of falling bones. Lex and Pinkie Pie fell, screaming as they landed on the ground with bones falling on top of them.

Grant, with Applejack and Time Turner in the middle section, looked up and saw the cable about to snap. They fall, with Rainbow Dash catching Applejack and Derring Do catching Time Turner. The large section of the skeleton came careening down, heading straight for Tim and Twilight Sparkle, who laid where they fell on the ground. It came smashing down… with just enough space for them to be safe.

The raptor tumbled to the floor in a cascade of splintering bone. It landed on its back a few yards away and staggered for a moment, the wind knocked out of it. Fluttershy merely hovered over the raptor for a moment, lightly tapped it on the side of the head, and it fell back as she awkwardly fluttered back to her friends.

Grant, landing in front of Tim and Twilight Sparkle, stood up and approached the pair who crawled their way out. Lex and Pinkie Pie stood up seeing the raptor regaining its footing and screamed. Rarity was helping Ellie when they noticed a shadow standing behind the visqueen and stopped dead in their tracks.

“Oh… no…” Rarity shuddered. “It’s her…”

The second raptor emerged from under the plastic and looked around. Grant got Tim and Twilight Sparkle out of the skeleton as the rest of the Equestrians joined together. They backed away from the raptor, approaching from the left side. They backed up toward a large rock in the midst of the room holding the other skeleton.

The raptors crouched in their pre-attack stance, the Equestrians and their companions found themselves caught in the middle of the two approaching raptors. They tried to back up, only to find nowhere else to go. There was no sugarcoating the intense scenario; they were literally backed in a corner.

“SPIKE, WHERE ARE YOU?!” Twilight Sparkle cried desperately.

Suddenly, just as the one raptor made a lunge for its prey…

“YEEHAW!!!”

The massive head of the Tyrannosaurus Rex descended from above. A set of six-foot jaws clamped down upon the raptor. Eighteen-inch teeth sank into its side, and the helpless animal howled in agony as it lifted up, up, up off the floor of the lobby.

“Ahh!!! It’s the T-Rex!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

“And… Spike riding it?!” Rainbow Dash paled.

Arctic: Bet lot of people are gonna be jealous when they learn Spike was riding on a T-Rex

Sure enough, Spike was atop of the T-rex, his legs wrapped around the neck like riding a rodeo bull. It smiled as he loomed toward his friends, waving one arm around in the air.

“Never fear, Spike and Rexy are here!” Spike gloated.

“Spike! You’re okay!” Twilight cheered.

Grant and the others looked up in stunned amazement. They stepped behind the rock for safety and looked to the right. The other raptor goes up in the air, twenty feet off the lobby floor, holding fast in the mouth of the Rex. It stood in the entrance to the lobby in front of the massive hole it ripped through the Visqueen wall. It shook its enormous head once, breaking the neck of the velociraptor, then dropped it, dead, to the floor at its feet.

The big one turned from the humans and lunged at the Rex’s side, leaping twelve feet into the air and rending the Rex’s flesh as it came down, slashing it open with its six-inch claw. In an instant, Spike lost his grip and dropped over the side, only to be caught in a gust courtesy of his adopted sister-figure’s hooves.

“I got you, Spike!” She panted.

“Thanks, Twi!” Spike smiled. “Now let’s get out of here, every pony! Rexy can handle herself from here on out!”

“I agree!” Alan nodded. “Let’s go!”

“Goodbye, Rexy!” Spike waved goodbye. “Thanks for the help!”

“I feel like we had some continuity issues in this part, but I’ll let it pass!” Pinkie Pie replied, hopping away.

“Spike ridin’ a freakin T-rex!” Rainbow Dash moaned. “Some dragons get all the luck!”

Sonata Dusk: She sounds, really jealous.

Arctic: Well, you can’t blame her. As scary as a T-Rex is. One would be lucky enough to even get to ride on one.

Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians skirted the battle royal on the lobby floor and dashed for the door of the visitor’s center while the battle continued. By the time they emerged outside the visitor’s center, Hammond squealed the jeep to a halt in front of the steps. Malcolm was lying in the back. Grant and the others practically fell into the jeep.

“Every pony, get in!” Derring Do ordered.

“I always knew this trip was too good to be true,” Time Turner mumbled.

Alan raced toward the passenger side door, his attention toward Hammond.

“Mr. Hammond!” Alan began. “The princess and I, after careful consideration and coming to a consensus, have decided…”

“Not to endorse your park!” Twilight Sparkle concluded, regretfully.

“So have I,” Hammond replied.

The old man hit the gas and the jeep took off, dashing away from the Visitor’s Center as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, the skirmish continued between the fearsome beasts. The rex bellowed in pain as it turned on the raptor, eyes raging, and struck, just once, quickly, as fast as the head of a serpent. It caught the raptor by the thick back end, biting one of its enormous feet down, and tore. It practically ripped the last velociraptor in half. The rex whirled around - as it turned, its heavy tail counterbalanced, snapping the other way, sweeping across the lobby, and smashed right through the T-rex skeleton. The skeleton collapsed in an explosion of bones, falling to pieces around the living rex.

The rex stood majestically in the midst of the lobby, both skeletons swept away, snapping like matchsticks as they settled around the animal. The rex drew itself up to its full height -- and roared! The sound was deafening, the vibrations rattled the entire Visitor’s Center. The sign which dangled over the lobby by its one remaining wire finally fell, clattering to the floor at its feet, face up. Its message proven true that ‘Dinosaurs’ still ruled the Earth… forever.

Rarity: Thank goodness! It’s finally over! (She said in relief) Now, they don’t have to worry about anymore dinosaurs.

Arctic: Y-Yeah.. no more dinosaur (he said as he said that last part softly and nervously)

Back in the helicopter, silence continued inside as the Equestrians looked around at the eerily quiet people on board. Eventually, Rainbow Dash tried to break the ice.

“Well… at least we’re all alive,” Rainbow Dash spoke up.

“Thankfully,” Applejack nodded in agreement.

“Honestly darling, after all these adventures, I’ll need at least a week of spa days to relax,” Rarity huffed in exhaustion. “Would it kill ‘any’ pony if the television sent us on a tropical vacation without something trying to kill us?”

“Don’t worry Rarity, that day will come eventually,” Pinkie Pie smiled. “After all, we’ll eventually wind up in a movie about a surfer in Hawaii. Now that’s going to be fun.”

Not even bothering to figure out what Pinkie Pie meant anymore, Rarity merely leaned her head against the window and watched the island disappear in the distance.

Hammond somberly looked at his mosquito amber cane, his eyes full. Malcolm just stared toward the distance, not even saying a word. The kids are in the back of the helicopter, with Grant. The kids were sleeping on his shoulders. Grant almost absently had his arms around both kids. Ellie and the Equestrians. looked at him. Both he and the kids seemed so natural, so obviously comfortable and trusting with each other. A scene that made them smile.

Just then, Alan, Ellie and the Equestrians looked out the window. The helicopter swept low over a huge flock of sea birds flying peacefully across the sea. As the chopper roared near, it kicked up the flock. Hundreds of birds sailed off in all directions, powerful and graceful. Grant looked at the birds and broke into a wide grin. The helicopter kept flying straight for the sun, hoping to reach the island where everyone would be treated for their injuries. Though saddened over the fact Hammond couldn’t bring happiness to ‘many’ people, causing so much harm due to Dennis’ greed on wanting the embryos for money, John knew that the best thing he could do… was let the dinosaurs have the island.

And that’s the way it should be…

Eventually, the helicopter landed at a helipad back in the United States. No sooner that it touched down on the ground and everyone hopped off did the portal back to Equestria opened once more.

“Well, looks like it’s time to go.” Twilight said to everyone.

“You’re leaving?” Lex asked.

“I’m afraid so Lex darling.” Rarity nodded. “We have families and friends to get back to in Equestria. Surely they all miss us terribly.”

Both kids quickly ran up to the group and knelt down to hug each member of the Equestrian team individually.

“We’re gonna miss you all.” Tim told them.

“We’ll miss you too kid.” Rainbow nodded.

Then the kids stepped back as Alan, Ellie, Ian, and Hammond stepped up to say their goodbyes.

“Well, needless to say, meeting all of you has certainly been…an interesting adventure.” Alan said honestly, the giving a smile. “But certainly one I wouldn’t trade for anything.”

“You’ve all really helped us realize that nothing is ever really impossible.” Ellie smiled.

“No kidding.” Ian chuckled. “I’m sure that I’ll think up some new chaos theories that’ll all involve you guys in some way.”

This caused the whole group to laugh.

“Ah’m sure ya will, Ian.” Applejack chuckled.

Then everyone turned their attention solely to Hammond.

“I really must thank you all as well.” He said. “I was so blinded by my ambitions that I never stopped to think of the consequences my actions could have. You’ve all helped me to realize this and I promise, I won’t be making this same mistake in the future.”

“Here’s hoping that holds true, Mr. Hammond.” Time Turner spoke up. “While this adventure has certainly been quite eye opening, it’s one I truly hope we don’t have to take again.”

“Agreed.” Hammond nodded.

With that in mind, the Equestrians all took one last look at the group and waved their goodbyes before they all turned right back around and stepped through the portal back to Equestria.

Sci-Twi: Well, after many close calls and scares. They made it back home safely.

Juniper: Yeah, the nightmare is finally over…

Arctic: (started to get uneasy)

Sonata Dusk: Arctic? What’s wrong? (She asked worried seeing look on his face)

Arctic: I don’t know….but I have this really REALLY bad feeling.

Regina Mills strolled through the forest casually, looking down toward the Shears of Fate in her possession. How she relished the satisfaction of having these powerful ancient artifacts back in her hands. As she walked on, smirking in her victory, she came upon her carriage and the Black Knights guarding it.

“Were you successful in your endeavor, your majesty?” One knight asked.

“Was there ever any doubt?” Regina asked, presenting the sheers. “I could’ve done away with a murder or two, but I find it more entertaining to keep these feeble-minded ponies guessing. I say its high time we return and relocate everyone to our new home.”

“Not just yet.”

Regina spun around and her guards drew their weapons toward the source of the new voice. Before their eyes, Derring Do stepped out from behind a tree.

Rainbow Dash: Wait..what?!

Sonata Dusk: W-What’s going on? Why is Darring Do there with her?

Arctic: This…this isn’t right. (He said) Something definitely is wrong.

“A SPY!!!” One knight ordered. “KILL IT!!!”

The knights made to advance, but Regina held one hand and the knights stopped in their tracks. Regina smirked at the sight of the explorer pony standing before her.

“What the hell are you doing here?” She asked. “Let me guess: You’re trying to get these shears back? Well, this can end in one of two ways for you. Painful… or extremely painful. Either way, I win… you lose.”

But Derring Do merely waved her hoof and shook her head.

“Please… I have no interest in your trinkets,” She scoffed.

“… All right, who are you?” Regina asked, suspiciously. “What do you want?”

“To see you of course.”

“What… are you talking about?” Regina raised her brow, confused.

“You’re thinking far too small,” Daring Do explained. “Why waste your time on a pair of scissors when you could have the whole world bending their knees in submission? You’re slipping Regina; you’re not thinking like you used to.

Fluttershy: W-Why is she talking like that? (She said worried)

Pinkie Pie: M-Maybe it’s just a trick?

Sci-Twi: Y-Yeah! it has to be a trick!

Rainbow Dash: Y-yeah! There no way Derring Do would act like this.

Applejack:…Girls, I don’t think it’s a trick

Regina retained her confusion, yet an angry sneer threatened to form over the insult upon her.

“What would you know about my plans?!” She hissed. “How do you know my name?”

“Simple…” Derring Do replied, with a small grin.

A swirl of purple smoke engulfed the explorer pony. It was at that moment when the smoke cleared that a completely different figure appeared in the pony’s place. Standing before them was a middle-aged woman with dark auburn hair done up in an elaborate bouffant hairstyle. She wore a wine-red dress decorated with black trimmings, dark gloves on her hands, and a smile on her ruby red lips

camo.fimfiction.net/hLTSHSX466NMvsizRODS8lVw5OuQjiWqXFuRdBRAM58?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wikia.nocookie.net%2Ffiction-battlefield%2Fimages%2Fc%2Fcb%2F1f3ea90571f5f558420819b8dbb92450.jpg%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20181010170630%26path-prefix%3Dpt-br .

“I’ve known you all your life, dear.”

Regina reeled back in shock at this startling revelation. For this woman was none other than her own mother: Cora Mills.

“Mother!” She gasped, shocked. “That shouldn’t be possible; I banished you years ago. How did you find a way back?”

“Perseverance,” Cora responded simply. “Amazing what you can do when you’re as dedicated as me.”

There was a gasped a shocked seeing Daring Do was a imposter in disguise, by Regina mother no lest

Juniper: Wait…this whole time, that wasn’t actually Daring Do?! It was Regina mother?!

Sonata Dusk: I-If that want Daring, t-then where is she?

And the pony you were impersonating?” Regina asked.

“Dead,” Cora replied, brushing it off. “I killed that pony a long time ago. But I will give her credit, she put up more of a fight than I imagined. I’d almost say I was impressed; too bad I had to put her down.”

“And you’ve been posing as her ever since?”

“Obviously, there’s no way any of these ponies would listen to me,” Cora answered. “Everyone ‘loves’ a hero. Don’t you agree, Regina?”

Gasps of shock and horror field the air as everyone just stared on hearing what was said.

Juniper: T-That can’t be true…

Rainbow Dash: I-It has to be a lie… it has to!

Arctic: (felt his phone buzz taking it out seeing the message from Postwar) I don’t think it’s a lie….all this time, the Daring we thought we knew, the one that we been seeing…she’s been long dead.

There was silence in the air, there was no words said and lot of things to process on the shocking revelation that was uncovered.

Arctic: (was starting to grip his fist tightly)

Sonata Dusk: Arctic..(she said worried placing a hand onto him) What’s gonna happen? What are we gonna do?

Arctic: (would look over to Sonata a bit and held onto her hand as he looked at both her and Hunter) Sonata…Hunter. We need to go back, now. What we just found out, is something we need to bring up and discuss about right away.

It wasn't easy getting this whole big thing up and ready for reading for the C.A. faithful, but it was well worth all the blood, sweat, and tears put into these chapters... metaphorically.

Anyways... this is the segment where we keep a few of the most famous moments in the movie. The intense kitchen sequence, the hacking scene trying to restart the park, the final escape from the raptors, and of course, one last look at the T-Rex in action. But none of which could compare to that big surprise that we have been saving for all of you and we were all expecting to you wonder... 'How?' and 'Why?'. We've been hinting at this possibility deep within this story that not everything was at it seemed, we're actually satisfied that 'no one' had it figured out. Now, there were some people who were close... but we'd knew they'd assume the 'obvious' suspects.

What does this mean for the series moving forward? All I can say after this is that by the time season 2 eventually comes to an end... things are going to start going up a notch. And we're not even finished yet.

The movie premiered on June 9th at the Uptown Theater in Washington, D.C., and was released two days later on the 11th in 1993. It went on to gross over $914 million worldwide in its original theatrical run, becoming the highest-grossing film ever at the time, surpassing E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial This record lasted until the release of Titanic in 1997.

It received positive reviews from critics, who praised its special effects, sound design, John Williams's score and Spielberg's direction. Following its 20th anniversary re-release in 2013, Jurassic Park became the oldest film in history to surpass $1 billion in ticket sales and the 17th overall.

The film won over 20 awards, including three Oscars for technical achievements in visual effects and sound design. In 2018, The Library of Congress selected the film to be in the National Film Registry for preservation.

Wait till the next film in the series!

“Here’s hoping that holds true, Mr. Hammond.” Time Turner spoke up. “While this adventure has certainly been quite eye opening, it’s one I truly hope we don’t have to take again.”

“Agreed.” Hammond nodded.

With that in mind, the Equestrians all took one last look at the group and waved their goodbyes before they all turned right back around and stepped through the portal back to Equestria.

Unless of course you guys decided to do the rest of the Jurassic Park/World series (of course, you already did the Star Wars Original Trilogy and will probably do the rest of the Harry Potter films, that may be likely).

Thinking he’s got a single moment; Muldoon extended the back handle of the gun and clicked it into place. He prepared to take aim. A snack slithered across a tree branch, past what resembled the large iris of a flower… only it blinked. It was very clear that it was the eye of the raptor. Muldoon, seeing it, raised his gun. Instead of running away again, the raptor rose slowly out of the brush, revealing itself to Muldoon, hissing at him.

Back in the bunker, John Hammond stood between Grant, Ellie, and the Equestrians in the bunker. The ponies watched as Grant racked the bolts on a ten gauge shotgun.

Amidst the call, all the screens in the control room had come alive now. The data scrolled by at incredible speed as every remaining system in the park came back online. Ellie sat at the keyboard with Lex, figuring things out, while everyone else gathered together beside their human companions. Grant was on the phone, holding the rifle with his free hand.

You misspelled "snake" in the previous chapter but that's not my biggest problem with these last two chapters. No, it was your lack of firearms knowledge that triggered me.

The weapon that appears in Jurassic Park is NOT a ten-gauge or a rifle, it is an Italian Franchi SPAS-12. A 12-gauge hybrid pump action and semi-automatic shotgun that, while scary looking, failed in both of its intended markets because of some lacking features, most notably its weight and how expensive it was to build. There was also the need to hold down a button in order to load shells into the tube magazine; which was awkward as hell and not very comfortable. Also, that thing that Muldoon flips down on his SPAS-12 is not a handle. It's called the "stock" of the weapon, and it exists to give a third point of contact in the shooter's shoulder to manage recoil as well as stabilize their aim.

The history:

Operation:

Tl;dr:

I know that not everyone is versed in this subject, but if you're going to write a firearm in a scene, at least try to do some research into these terms.

11627959
11628326

Finally, Grant, along with the kids, the ponies, and Spike reached the deserted visitor’s center. A large sign that said ‘When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth…’ drooped overhead. Grant now carried Tim, weakened and his hands wrapped in cloth but conscious.

“Hello?!” Grant yelled.

But answer there came none.

“Where is every pony?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I reckon most of the staff left the port when that their storm came,” Applejack confirmed. “The others must be somewhere on this island.”

They were walking through the visitor’s center when a commotion made them stop. They drew their heads toward the doorway to the restaurant.

“I think there’s something behind that door…” Rainbow Dash whispered.

Nodding their heads slowly, Applejack and Derring Do followed Rainbow Dash, leaning cautiously toward the door. Spike and Fluttershy stayed with the kids, the latter shivering frightfully. Rainbow Dash slowly leaned her hoof along the door’s surface. Taking a deep breath, she made to open it…

“HI GUYS!” Pinkie greeted, opening the door.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

High pitch screamed went loose as Pinkie Pie was staring… at Rainbow Dash, who freaked out like a little girl. All eyes turned toward Rainbow Dash who stood at an awkward position looking from Pinkie Pie to her friends then back to Pinkie. The rainbow-haired Pegasus quickly adjusted her mane and cleared her throat.

“I almost bucked you in the face!” Rainbow hissed.

“… Kinky!” Pinkie smiled.

“NOT LIKE THAT!”

Arctic: (nearly laughed out as he covered his mouth quickly)

Rarity: Really now? (She said towards Arctic)

Arctic: I-I’m sorry. I-I shouldn’t be laughing. (He said barely before bursting into laughter)

Me: *slaps Arctic across the face*

Arctic: ....Sorry.....

Eventually, the group made it into the restaurant. Grant and Derring Do carefully set Tim on a chair at one of the tables. Lex and the other ponies sat across from him. Pinkie Pie proceeded to take out her radio and turned it on.

“Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain! Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain!” Pinkie spoke, in code. “Come in, Purple Rain! Over!”

But the walkie-talkie merely responded with static. Pinkie waited for a few seconds but got no response.

“Oh, guess she didn’t get the code,” Pinkie shrugged, trying again. “Pinkie to Twilight! Come in, Twilight! Grant and the others arrived safely! We’re waiting at the restaurant! Over!”

Again, only static. Pinkie Pie slapped the radio along the side. But all she got was status, even when changing the channels.

“I hope those things weren’t expensive…”

“I am gonna have to find the others and get ‘you’ to a doctor,” Grant told Tim. “Will you look after Tim, girls?”

“Yes…” Lex and Fluttershy answered, scared as hell.

“Spike, you should rest here with the others while Grant, Rainbow, and I look for the others,” Derring Do responded.

“Fine by me!” Spike sighed, leaning back. “I think I’ve had enough excitement today!”

“I oughta come too!” Applejack offered. “For safety!”

Derring Do and Rainbow Dash looked at each other, Rainbow Dash nodding with assurance.

“Fine with me,” Derring Do shrugged. “We’ll need the strongest ponies for this trip anyway.

Nodding in agreement, Grant took one look at Tim for a second.

“Your hair’s all standing up,” Grant chuckled.

He gently rearranged Tim’s hair, which was wild and all over the place. Tim looked up at him weakly, managing a smile to which Grant smiled back.

“Big Tim, the human piece of toast,” Grant joked.

Tim laughed and Grant paused for a second, as if debating something.

Soon Rainbow and Pinkie started to laugh along with Sonata who started to giggle herself.

Me: *chuckles a little* All he needs is to have butter spread on him.

But Grant left before he even made the gestures, to which Pinkie pouted a bit. As he went across the lobby of the visitor’s center to the outside, they could see his silhouette, moving through a translucent mural depicting dinosaurs in various natural settings. It was quiet for a second as the kids and Equestrians looked at each other. Tim and Spike go across the room, Pinkie Pie skipping behind, to an all-you-can-eat table on the other side loaded with all kinds of food.

“Boy, they sure were expecting us to come by,” Spike observed.

“Actually, it was all like this when Twilight got us back here,” Pinkie replied. “Didn’t want it to go to waste.”

“As long as it’s safe to eat… I’m hungry,” Fluttershy sighed.

“It sure is! And tasty too! Well, come on, every pony! Help yourselves!”

Quickly, the ponies, along with the kids and Spike proceeded to pile some food onto some plates and grabbed a few utensils. They proceeded to bring the food back to their table for a well-deserved meal.

Sci-Twi: Nothing like a good meal after everything they been through.

Juniper: With all that running around, they definitely deserve a good meal

Outside, Grant and his Equestrian group crossed the path towards Hammond’s compound, their eyes darting side-to-side. They really had no idea where they needed to go nor if there were any other carnivores lurking about. All they knew was that they needed to stay close and try not to attract any unwanted attention. While Derring Do was keeping watch over Grant, Rainbow Dash slowly approached Applejack.

“A.J., can we talk for a moment?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Actually, I’ve been meanin’ to talk to yah too…” Applejack admitted.

The two ponies took a deep breath and…

“It’s about Derring Do…” They said in unison. “Wait what?

“Did… you want to go first?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No, no. It’s fine!” Applejack chuckled nervously. “Wut did you want to say?”

“You’re not jealous that I’ve been spending some time with Derring Do, are you?

“Why does every pony use the ‘jealousy’ card with me?” Applejack groaned, annoyed. “I promise hon… I ain’t jealous of no pony. I’m jus’… mighty bit concerned, that’s all.”

“I just don’t want you to think Derring Do is taking your place or anything,” Rainbow Dash assured. “It’s just not every day a pony like me gets to have an adventure with their favorite idol. And that’s something considering Derring Do usually prefers working alone

“I know… that really shouldn’t bother me,” Applejack sighed. “It’s just… she seems so… perfect and you two have a lot in common. You’re cunning, fierce, determined… heck, Derring Do seems ‘way’ smarter than me. I mean… ya’ll practically look alike-

“A.J., A.J., A.J.,” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I’m going to stop you right there. There’s nothing between me and Derring Do… no way! She’s like an older sister I never had. She’ll go back to doing her temple runs flying solo or collaborating with that Doctor guy on another book. Meanwhile, I still have ‘you’. We go on adventures together every day, and you’re the only pony who makes me feel ‘awesome’… the only pony who can go hoof-to-hoof with me.

“You’re the only mare for me, Applejack. No pony is ever going to come between us.”

“Wow… I had it all wrong about ya,” Applejack smiled, tearfully. “You really do care about me.”

“Hey… they don’t call me the Element of Loyalty for the fancy title,” Rainbow Dash smirked.”

There were smilies and awes in the audience seeing the heartfelt moment between the two of them.

Rarity: Now that, is what true love looks like. (She said with a small smile with a bit of tears)

Sonata Dusk: (was leaning onto Arctic shoulder) It really is romantic, I’m happy to see that they make a happy couple. (She said as she looks up towards Arctic) Don’t you agree? (She asked with a smile)

Arctic: (would have a small blush but nods his head smiling) Yeah, they do make a happy couple. And, it’s nice that Applejack didn’t have nothing to worry about at all. (He responded to the siren with a smile of his own)

Me: *still remains silent*

Sure enough, there was shouting trying to reach them from a distance. The two mares, including Grant and Derring Do, turned to the side… and saw Ellie, along with Twilight and Rarity, practically dragging themselves from the bunker. The ponies waved to them, shouting something faint.

Grant furrowed his brow, walking towards the trio. Ellie shouted louder; Grant walked faster. He’s closer now, and he could finally make out what she’s shouting.

“Run!” Ellie shouted.

Grant, along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, raced towards Ellie and their friends, with Derring Do hovering from behind. Grant raced towards Ellie, who ran into his arms. The ponies practically piled against each other, laughing hysterically as if they had been apart for a thousand years.

“Thank Celestia ya’ll are alright!” Applejack sighed with relief. “Where’s the Doc?”

“Whooves is with Malcolm and Hammond back at the bunker,” Rarity answered.

“What about the others?” Twilight asked, gasping in horror. “Where’re the kids?!”

Fluttershy: O-Oh no…

Back at their table, Lex and Fluttershy were digging in, munching on vegetables. While Fluttershy ate casually, Lex practically grabbed the food with two hands. Tim, along with Pinkie Pie and Spike, were enjoying their food too. Only most of their food was cakes and other sweets. Pinkie and Spike were practically eating like anime characters, while Tim took a spoonful of food and stuffed it into his mouth.

Lex was about to have a spoonful of lime Jell-O from one of the plastic dinosaur egg cups – but her hand froze halfway to her mouth. Tim, along with Pinkie and Spike, looked up seeing the expression on Lex’s face. Lex was staring over their shoulder, eyes wide, the Jell-O quivering in her shaky hands. But she’s not the only one… Fluttershy had a look of horror and her yellow fur slowly turned white.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked.

Without saying a word, Fluttershy pointed rapidly with her hoof. Confused, Spike pointed over the shoulder his friend was pointing. Sure enough, there was a growling side just behind them where the mural was. Spike gulped nervously, as his face dropped.

“Parasaurolophus?” Spike asked weakly.

But Fluttershy only shook her head, trying so hard not to cry. Tim, Spike, and Pinkie slowly turned around. Behind them, one of the silhouettes on the mural was a raptor, in a hunting pose. While they stare, the silhouette of a real raptor moved out from behind it and crept forward, into the lobby of the visitor’s center. Pinkie Pie almost screamed but Spike quickly covered her mouth tightly, just in the nick of time.

<>

The kids, the ponies, and Spike quickly ducked into the kitchen, Lex pulling the shiny metal door shut as quietly as she could. It latched with a distinctive ‘click’, but there’s no lock. She raced to a panel of light switches and killed them all, plunging the room into semidarkness. She helped Tim down an aisle, while Spike followed Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. The kids hid at the end, behind a counter, breathing hard. The ponies and Spike hid behind another counter, the teen dragon trying to crouch as low as possible.

A raptor’s head popped into view, visible through the round window in the middle of the kitchen door. It just took a moment, its breath steaming against the window. Through the window, as the steam evaporated, the raptor could see a part of Tim not entirely hidden by the counter. In the kitchen, Tim and Lex remained frozen in fear as the raptor first sniffed the bottom of the door, then thumped its head against it. But the door didn’t budge… yet the Equestrians knew it was all a matter of time.

“This is way more stressful than going to the dentist!” Pinkie whimpered, quietly.

Applejack: Reminds me of when we try to get Pinkie to the dentist

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, spend who knows how long just to get to the building

Pinkie Pie: It’s an evil place!

Arctic: Everyone has to go at some point, Pinkie.

Me: Yeah, otherwise you'd have no teeth at all.

Outside the kitchen door, the raptor stared down at the door handle, cocking its head curiously. It snarled and bumped the door handle with its head, but that didn’t do anything. It reached out, toward the handle, with one clawed hand. Tim, Lex, and the Equestrians stared in shock as the door handle started to turn and the door opened.

“Timmy, what is it?” Fluttershy asked, quietly.

“It’s a Velociraptor…” Tim whispered back.

“It’s inside…” Lex gasped, silently.

“That’s… a velociraptor?” Spike spied.

“Well… good thing it’s just one and not the pack …” Pinkie Pie sighed with relief. “Wait… was that a hand?”

The first raptor stood in the doorway, drawing itself up to its full height, and looked around the kitchen. Then it proceeded to make some sort of signal, calling out for something. It was so horrible that the kids and their friends covered their ears. But that wasn’t even the worst part.

For soon, a second raptor joined it in the doorway. They moved into the room, brushing against each other. The first raptor snapped at the second, as if saying, ‘Keep your distance’.

“And… there it is…” Spike cringed.

“Kids… follow us!” Fluttershy gestured.

The raptors proceeded to split up, taking two different aisles. With the ponies and Spike taking the lead, Tim and Lex crawled away. It was difficult for Tim because he was awfully weak and it still hurt to move. Still, they crawled down the third aisle, around the other side of the counter from the raptors, moving in the opposite direction.

As the anxious group moved past the raptors, one of their tails smacked into some pots and pans, knocking them off the counter. They fell on top of them, but somehow they managed to keep quiet. They moved quickly as one of the raptors dipped down, searching through an open cabinet to inspect the racket. They managed to reach the end of the aisle and rounded a corner -- but Fluttershy and Tim fell behind. At some point, they accidentally brushed against some hanging kitchen utensils and froze.

The raptor’s head searched left and right while the pony and Tim held their breath. But finding nothing, the head reeled itself back through the hole. Just when they felt they were safe, a ladle clattered on the ground. Fluttershy whimpered, closing her eyes tightly as both raptors turned, confused by the strange metallic sound. One of the raptors jumped onto the counter, knocking more kitchen stuff to the floor. They moved, right toward their direction, heading right for the frightened pair.

Their friends tried to usher them to crawl toward them, but Tim and Fluttershy merely shook their heads too scared to try. The raptor on the floor sniffed the area, following the scent. It was just about to turn the corner toward where Tim and Fluttershy sat, the latter whimpering and leaned against Timmy preparing for the worst. Exposed, exhausted, it looked to be the end for the pair as the raptor got closer…

Fluttershy: P-Please no…(she said shutting her eyes holding onto Rainbow Dash)

Sonata Dusk: I don’t think I can take it..(she adds on holding onto Arctic tightly)

Me: Hang in there, Noty.

Suddenly, both raptors stopped when they heard a clicking sound and singing from the other end of the aisle.

Pinkie Pie (Sings):
Roll back the rock to the dawn of time
When the Earth was smokin’ and the lava flowed!

Sure enough, it was Pinkie Pie singing a jingle and Lex tapping a spoon on the floor to distract them. The raptor on the counter leapt down, starting cautiously toward Lex’s noise, leaving Tim and Fluttershy for now. Quickly, Pinkie Pie pointed to the nearest steel cabinet behind Lex, its sliding door open. They proceeded to crawl inside, silently.

From another hiding spot, Spike peeked over seeing one of the raptors eyeing the two girls, snarling, and revealing its teeth. While Lex and Pinkie squirmed together, they tried to pull the overhead door to the cabinet shut. The one raptor had just rounded and corner seeing their reflection on the shiny cabinet front. Lex and Pinkie tried frantically to lower the cabinet door, however…

“It’s stuck!” Pinkie hissed.

The raptor pounced, charging toward Lex and Pinkie Pie, smashing more stuff around with its tail. Lex kept tugging on the cover, to no avail, screaming in panic as the girls braced themselves--

THUD! Lex’s raptor crashed into a shiny surface bearing their reflection. As it turned out, it chased the wrong image and it sagged to the floor, semiconscious. Pinkie Pie and Lex proceeded to crawl out the steel cabinet, crawling away while the raptor was done.

Sci-Twi: Thank goodness.

Juniper: That was some fast thinking there.

Applejack: Eeyup, they were able to save them. (She said with a smile)

Me: Way to go.

Seeing the girls were safe, Tim and Fluttershy turned and saw a walk-in freezer in the far wall, the kind with a pin-locking handle. Tim and Fluttershy then looked at each other, the pony could tell what he was thinking… and she didn’t like where it was going. But they knew what needed to be done. Taking a few deep breaths, Fluttershy assumed the position, and summing what little strength they had left -- they made a break for the walk-in freezer. Poor Tim was limping, dragging himself, really moving like a wounded prey now, and -- Fluttershy wasn’t doing any better being she wasn’t the fastest pony.

The other raptor spotted them and pounced after them with a snarl. Tim’s raptor charged after them, just enough open floor space between them. Just when the raptor had caught up, Fluttershy and Tim reached the freezer, ripped the door open and fell inside. The floor was cold and slick, their feet going right out from under them. They sprawled across the floor, rolling out of the way -- and the raptor slipped and fell into the freezer too, right past them.

“Hurry, Tim!” Fluttershy shouted.

Soon as Fluttershy helped him up, Tim dragged himself to his feet and followed the timid Pegasus out of the freezer. The raptor made one last lunge, right on their heels, its mouth wide open -- but Pinkie Pie, and the ‘real’ Lex screamed slamming the door shut just as their friends were in the clear. The raptor’s head got caught for a second, struggling to push through. Then another shout emerged, as Spike flew toward the door and assumed a…

“FLYING KICK!!!” Spike shouted.

The maneuver sent the raptor retreating back, and the group got the door shut all the way. The raptor roared, screaming inside. But Lex merely jammed the pin through the handle, locking it in.

Arctic: Haha! That ah boi Spike! A clean hit!

Rainbow Dash: You can say that again! That was awesome!

Me: What a spirit!

Unaware of Spike’s intent, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians raced down the second floor corridor toward the control room. But because Tim was still not in good shape, Grant carried Tim the rest of the way. The door to the control room smacked open and the entire group burst in. Ellie headed straight for Nedry’s computer terminal. Grant moved Tim to the side and raced back to the door to lock it.

“We can call for help?!” Lex asked hopefully.

“We’ve got to reboot the system first!” Ellie responded.

Ellie sat at the computer, studying the screen. It’s flashing to her, dominated by a maze-like grid. She studied it, confused. Grant and Twilight were at the door when they realized something.

“Oh, no!” Twilight stared horrified. “This is a problem…”

“The door locks--” Grant called out. “Ellie! Boot up the door locks!”

“Spike, I need you to--”

Twilight paused when she looked around, counting the number of heads in the room.

“Where’s Spike?!”

POW!!!

Something struck the door, hard, from the outside, knocking Twilight and Grant back. The kids and the other ponies screamed, as Grant hurled his back against it -- losing his gun in the process. Grant struggled to keep the door closed, as the raptor reached in trying to scratch him.

“ALAN!!!” The ponies screamed.

Turning quickly, Ellie leapt out of the chair and raced over to the door to help him. Thinking quickly, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Derring Do race to the door adding their combined weight against the door. The raptor snarled, snapping its jaws, ramming itself against the door. The group tried to prevent the beast from forcing its way into the control room. This was all the group could do to hold the door against the onslaught, but it bucked against them viciously.

“Ellie -- get back and boot up the door locks!” Grant grunted.

“You can’t hold it by yourself!” Ellie shouted back.

Over at the computer, Lex slid quickly into the command chair at Nedry’s terminal. She stared at the screen for a moment as the rest joined in.

“Great wickering stallions…” Time Turner gaped. “What is all this?”

“This is a Unix system,” Lex answered. “I know this. It’s the files for the whole park. It’s like a phone book -- it tells you everything.”

“You can hack your way through this, right?”

“If I can find the right file.”

“Great… how hard can that be?”

“Try to reach the gun!” Grant called.

Twilight Sparkle saw that their human companions and a majority of the Equestrians were preoccupied trying to keep the door shut. Acting quickly, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate the gun off the ground and, while unfamiliar with the tool, attempted to aim it toward the raptor, whose head was barely visible in the window.

In the meantime, Lex’s fingers started flying over the keyboard. Tim and Fluttershy watched, amazed as the computer seemed to respond to Lex’s commands. The same could not be said for Twilight. Despite trying to aim the gun, she couldn’t get a clear shot. Not without risking the safety of the humans or her friends.

“Shoot her Twilight!” Derring Do called out. “Shoot her now!

“I can’t unless you move!” Twilight Sparkle shouted.

Tensions were running high as Lex tried to search the computer’s system, trying to find a single file amongst an entire network of data. The raptor was determined to push its way inside, opening the door just wide enough for its claws to clutch inside. Desperate, an idea quickly came to Derring Do who took out Grant’s claw that Rainbow gave her. Shouting, she proceeded to slash against the raptor’s fingers who squealed from the pain.

Scrolling across the system, Lex stumbled upon a set of files called ‘Physical Security’.

“This is it! This might be the right file!” Lex guessed.

But when she scrolled the mouse toward one of the links, it read ‘Chemical’.

“Oh no, this isn’t the right file.”

“C’mon, Lex!” Tim encouraged.

“You can do it, Lexie!” Pinkie cheered. “It’s got to be one of them.”

“What about ‘that’ menu?!” Time Turner pointed out.

Reaching another menu, Lex spotted a box on the screen that read ‘VISITOR’S CENTER’. She reached out and clicked the mouse. Soon, the system reboot was in effect activating all the devices. Every marker that said ‘unlocked’ in red letters shifted to ‘Secured’ in green.

Sci-Twi: Come on!

Juniper: You’re close!

Me: Keep it up!

Amidst the call, all the screens in the control room had come alive now. The data scrolled by at incredible speed as every remaining system in the park came back online. Ellie sat at the keyboard with Lex, figuring things out, while everyone else gathered together beside their human companions. Grant was on the phone, holding the rifle with his free hand.

“The children are fine,” Grant assured.

Thank God,” Hammond sighed in relief.

“Call the mainland. Tell them to send the damn helicopters.”

Suddenly, Grant stopped in the middle of his sentence when the sound of glass breaking drew everyone and every pony to the side.

“THEY’RE COMING THROUGH THE GLASS!!!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

A few screams cut in, followed by three shots, and a horrible clunking as the phone dropped.

Grant!” Hammond yelled into the phone. “GRANT!

Grant’s rifle lay on the floor, smoking, several spent shells alongside it. The front window of the control room had three huge impact shatter patterns in the glass, where the gunshots hit. But not a trace of blood was found.

“He missed every shot…” Fluttershy panicked. “He missed every shot!”

“No time to panic!” Applejack yelled. “We gotta find another way out!”

“The crawl spaces!” Twilight Sparkle pointed up. “That’s our exit!”

Twilight Sparkle, and those able to fly, made their way into the open panel through the ceiling, working their way into the crawl space. Fortunately, the control room happened to have a ladder which Grant set up under the panel. The kids and the other Equestrians proceeded to climb up through the ceiling, while Ellie and Grant followed. Grant looked toward the front window, scared as hell--

*SHATTER*

Amidst a shower of glass, the raptor exploded into the control room. It landed on its feet on a workstation console, images from wall projectors falling across its head. Grant vaulted himself up into the ceiling and knocked aside the ladder with his feet. The raptor tilted its head curiously, looking up at the swaying ceiling.

Once in the crawl space, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians dashed across the ceiling panels, moving fast, but carefully, so as not to break through.

*SMASH*

The raptor’s head burst through a panel behind them, leaping up at them, snarling and snapping its jaws. It dropped down again, and they keep moving forward. But now it erupted through a panel in front of them. They scream, its teeth click just inches in front of Rarity --

“Get away from me, you brute!” Rarity shrieked.

Rarity shot the raptor in the face with one beam, sending it falling back to the floor of the control room. Grant looked around frantically before spotting an air duct a few yards away.

“Follow me!” Grant called out.

They moved for it, but the raptor’s head crashed through the ceiling again, this time right underneath Lex. She screamed as she was lifted up, atop its head, and pinned to the ceiling above.

“LEX!!!” The girls screamed.

Grant and Applejack smashed their boot/hooves respectively against the side of the raptor’s head. The raptor slammed at him, latching onto Grant’s boot for a second before the raptor’s own weight pulled it back down.

Lex nearly went down with the raptor, spinning into the hole in the ceiling, tumbling down. Fortunately, Grant and Applejack grabbed her by the collar at the last second, but Lex dangled there, above the raptor. The animal flipped over onto its feet and crouched to pounce just as man and pony summoned their strength and jerked Lex back into the ceiling. The raptor sprung, but it was too late. The trio scrambled over to the air duct, joining the others inside it.

The group crawled through the air duct as fast as they could, the thin metal booming and creasing around them. They reached a metal gate that showed daylight beneath. Grant reached out and pulled it up. Through the gate, they could see the lobby of the visitor’s center below. They’re directly above the skeletons of the dinosaurs, the T-rex, and the sauropod it was attacking. The unfinished skeletons are surrounded by scaffolding.

Rarity: Please! When will this nightmare end!

Me: Easy now Rarity.

Unfortunately, it’s much too far to jump to the lobby floor. For the flying Equestrians that wasn’t an issue. Everyone else had to climb gingerly onto the nearest skeleton, the towering brachiosaur. They climbed down as fast as they could. Grant helped Tim down, Lex and Ellie followed. The other Equestrians weren’t far behind. Ellie went for the tail; Lex moved to the front. Grant landed on the main body in the middle with Tim. While the other Equestrians found a spot, the raptor watched their every movement.

Up in the ceiling, the skeleton’s anchor bolts groaned in the plaster, threatening to pull free. But for now, they held for as long as they could. All of a sudden, the raptor flew out and landed on the back of the middle section of the skeleton. *SNAP* It cracked apart with the weight, sending the sections spinning in all different directions.

Grant and Tim, along with Applejack and Time Turner, swirled on the middle section. All the flying Equestrians had taken off in the air, seeing the chaos unfold below their hooves. Tim began to slide down despite Grant’s efforts to hold onto him.

“Applejack, what do I do?!” Tim shouted.

Applejack looked around trying to consider what they should do. But then she looked toward the floor and suddenly she was reminded of a previous scenario. She knew what needed to be done.

“Let go,” Applejack spoke.

“Are you nuts?!” Tim cried out.

“No, I ain’t. I promise ya’ll be safe.”

“That’s not true.”

“Listen sugar cube, wut I’m sayin’ to you is the ‘honest’ truth. Let go… and ya’ll safe.”

“You’re going to want to do what she says, kid!” Rainbow Dash called out.

Applejack and Grant’s eyes met, the former’s darting to the side. Grant silently understood what was going on and assured Tim it was fine. Eventually, Tim lost his grip and fell to the ground right underneath the swinging, large middle section of the dinosaur skeleton. Just before Tim hit the ground, he landed on something soft and looked down. Sure enough, Twilight Sparkle had caught the boy making a careful landing on the floor.

“Rule number one: Never doubt Applejack,” Twilight Sparkle declared.

Arctic: Ain’t that the truth, is she tells you that there’s nothing to worry about, then she means it.

Applejack: Eeyup.

Me: And don't you forget it.

Meanwhile, Lex and Pinkie Pie spun on the front section. Lex slipped, trying to keep from falling as she hung by her legs. And somehow… Pinkie seemed to be having the time of her life.

All of a sudden, the anchor bolts in the ceiling rip free, zinging past them like bullets. The entire brachiosaur skeleton collapsed like a house of cards sending Ellie and Rarity to the ground. They covered themselves with their arms, trying to protect their heads from the shower of falling bones. Lex and Pinkie Pie fell, screaming as they landed on the ground with bones falling on top of them.

Grant, with Applejack and Time Turner in the middle section, looked up and saw the cable about to snap. They fall, with Rainbow Dash catching Applejack and Derring Do catching Time Turner. The large section of the skeleton came careening down, heading straight for Tim and Twilight Sparkle, who laid where they fell on the ground. It came smashing down… with just enough space for them to be safe.

The raptor tumbled to the floor in a cascade of splintering bone. It landed on its back a few yards away and staggered for a moment, the wind knocked out of it. Fluttershy merely hovered over the raptor for a moment, lightly tapped it on the side of the head, and it fell back as she awkwardly fluttered back to her friends.

Grant, landing in front of Tim and Twilight Sparkle, stood up and approached the pair who crawled their way out. Lex and Pinkie Pie stood up seeing the raptor regaining its footing and screamed. Rarity was helping Ellie when they noticed a shadow standing behind the visqueen and stopped dead in their tracks.

“Oh… no…” Rarity shuddered. “It’s her…”

The second raptor emerged from under the plastic and looked around. Grant got Tim and Twilight Sparkle out of the skeleton as the rest of the Equestrians joined together. They backed away from the raptor, approaching from the left side. They backed up toward a large rock in the midst of the room holding the other skeleton.

The raptors crouched in their pre-attack stance, the Equestrians and their companions found themselves caught in the middle of the two approaching raptors. They tried to back up, only to find nowhere else to go. There was no sugarcoating the intense scenario; they were literally backed in a corner.

“SPIKE, WHERE ARE YOU?!” Twilight Sparkle cried desperately.

Suddenly, just as the one raptor made a lunge for its prey…

“YEEHAW!!!”

The massive head of the Tyrannosaurus Rex descended from above. A set of six-foot jaws clamped down upon the raptor. Eighteen-inch teeth sank into its side, and the helpless animal howled in agony as it lifted up, up, up off the floor of the lobby.

“Ahh!!! It’s the T-Rex!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

“And… Spike riding it?!” Rainbow Dash paled.

Arctic: Bet lot of people are gonna be jealous when they learn Spike was riding on a T-Rex

Me: For sure.

Sure enough, Spike was atop of the T-rex, his legs wrapped around the neck like riding a rodeo bull. It smiled as he loomed toward his friends, waving one arm around in the air.

“Never fear, Spike and Rexy are here!” Spike gloated.

“Spike! You’re okay!” Twilight cheered.

Grant and the others looked up in stunned amazement. They stepped behind the rock for safety and looked to the right. The other raptor goes up in the air, twenty feet off the lobby floor, holding fast in the mouth of the Rex. It stood in the entrance to the lobby in front of the massive hole it ripped through the Visqueen wall. It shook its enormous head once, breaking the neck of the velociraptor, then dropped it, dead, to the floor at its feet.

The big one turned from the humans and lunged at the Rex’s side, leaping twelve feet into the air and rending the Rex’s flesh as it came down, slashing it open with its six-inch claw. In an instant, Spike lost his grip and dropped over the side, only to be caught in a gust courtesy of his adopted sister-figure’s hooves.

“I got you, Spike!” She panted.

“Thanks, Twi!” Spike smiled. “Now let’s get out of here, every pony! Rexy can handle herself from here on out!”

“I agree!” Alan nodded. “Let’s go!”

“Goodbye, Rexy!” Spike waved goodbye. “Thanks for the help!”

“I feel like we had some continuity issues in this part, but I’ll let it pass!” Pinkie Pie replied, hopping away.

“Spike ridin’ a freakin T-rex!” Rainbow Dash moaned. “Some dragons get all the luck!”

Sonata Dusk: She sounds, really jealous.

Arctic: Well, you can’t blame her. As scary as a T-Rex is. One would be lucky enough to even get to ride on one.

Me: They sure would. *thinks of Woody and Rex*

Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians skirted the battle royal on the lobby floor and dashed for the door of the visitor’s center while the battle continued. By the time they emerged outside the visitor’s center, Hammond squealed the jeep to a halt in front of the steps. Malcolm was lying in the back. Grant and the others practically fell into the jeep.

“Every pony, get in!” Derring Do ordered.

“I always knew this trip was too good to be true,” Time Turner mumbled.

Alan raced toward the passenger side door, his attention toward Hammond.

“Mr. Hammond!” Alan began. “The princess and I, after careful consideration and coming to a consensus, have decided…”

“Not to endorse your park!” Twilight Sparkle concluded, regretfully.

“So have I,” Hammond replied.

The old man hit the gas and the jeep took off, dashing away from the Visitor’s Center as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, the skirmish continued between the fearsome beasts. The rex bellowed in pain as it turned on the raptor, eyes raging, and struck, just once, quickly, as fast as the head of a serpent. It caught the raptor by the thick back end, biting one of its enormous feet down, and tore. It practically ripped the last velociraptor in half. The rex whirled around - as it turned, its heavy tail counterbalanced, snapping the other way, sweeping across the lobby, and smashed right through the T-rex skeleton. The skeleton collapsed in an explosion of bones, falling to pieces around the living rex.

The rex stood majestically in the midst of the lobby, both skeletons swept away, snapping like matchsticks as they settled around the animal. The rex drew itself up to its full height -- and roared! The sound was deafening, the vibrations rattled the entire Visitor’s Center. The sign which dangled over the lobby by its one remaining wire finally fell, clattering to the floor at its feet, face up. Its message proven true that ‘Dinosaurs’ still ruled the Earth… forever.

Rarity: Thank goodness! It’s finally over! (She said in relief) Now, they don’t have to worry about anymore dinosaurs.

Arctic: Y-Yeah.. no more dinosaur (he said as he said that last part softly and nervously)

Me: *knows the sequels will come*

Back in the helicopter, silence continued inside as the Equestrians looked around at the eerily quiet people on board. Eventually, Rainbow Dash tried to break the ice.

“Well… at least we’re all alive,” Rainbow Dash spoke up.

“Thankfully,” Applejack nodded in agreement.

“Honestly darling, after all these adventures, I’ll need at least a week of spa days to relax,” Rarity huffed in exhaustion. “Would it kill ‘any’ pony if the television sent us on a tropical vacation without something trying to kill us?”

“Don’t worry Rarity, that day will come eventually,” Pinkie Pie smiled. “After all, we’ll eventually wind up in a movie about a surfer in Hawaii. Now that’s going to be fun.”

Not even bothering to figure out what Pinkie Pie meant anymore, Rarity merely leaned her head against the window and watched the island disappear in the distance.

Hammond somberly looked at his mosquito amber cane, his eyes full. Malcolm just stared toward the distance, not even saying a word. The kids are in the back of the helicopter, with Grant. The kids were sleeping on his shoulders. Grant almost absently had his arms around both kids. Ellie and the Equestrians. looked at him. Both he and the kids seemed so natural, so obviously comfortable and trusting with each other. A scene that made them smile.

Just then, Alan, Ellie and the Equestrians looked out the window. The helicopter swept low over a huge flock of sea birds flying peacefully across the sea. As the chopper roared near, it kicked up the flock. Hundreds of birds sailed off in all directions, powerful and graceful. Grant looked at the birds and broke into a wide grin. The helicopter kept flying straight for the sun, hoping to reach the island where everyone would be treated for their injuries. Though saddened over the fact Hammond couldn’t bring happiness to ‘many’ people, causing so much harm due to Dennis’ greed on wanting the embryos for money, John knew that the best thing he could do… was let the dinosaurs have the island.

And that’s the way it should be…

Eventually, the helicopter landed at a helipad back in the United States. No sooner that it touched down on the ground and everyone hopped off did the portal back to Equestria opened once more.

“Well, looks like it’s time to go.” Twilight said to everyone.

“You’re leaving?” Lex asked.

“I’m afraid so Lex darling.” Rarity nodded. “We have families and friends to get back to in Equestria. Surely they all miss us terribly.”

Both kids quickly ran up to the group and knelt down to hug each member of the Equestrian team individually.

“We’re gonna miss you all.” Tim told them.

“We’ll miss you too kid.” Rainbow nodded.

Then the kids stepped back as Alan, Ellie, Ian, and Hammond stepped up to say their goodbyes.

“Well, needless to say, meeting all of you has certainly been…an interesting adventure.” Alan said honestly, the giving a smile. “But certainly one I wouldn’t trade for anything.”

“You’ve all really helped us realize that nothing is ever really impossible.” Ellie smiled.

“No kidding.” Ian chuckled. “I’m sure that I’ll think up some new chaos theories that’ll all involve you guys in some way.”

This caused the whole group to laugh.

“Ah’m sure ya will, Ian.” Applejack chuckled.

Then everyone turned their attention solely to Hammond.

“I really must thank you all as well.” He said. “I was so blinded by my ambitions that I never stopped to think of the consequences my actions could have. You’ve all helped me to realize this and I promise, I won’t be making this same mistake in the future.”

“Here’s hoping that holds true, Mr. Hammond.” Time Turner spoke up. “While this adventure has certainly been quite eye opening, it’s one I truly hope we don’t have to take again.”

“Agreed.” Hammond nodded.

With that in mind, the Equestrians all took one last look at the group and waved their goodbyes before they all turned right back around and stepped through the portal back to Equestria.

Sci-Twi: Well, after many close calls and scares. They made it back home safely.

Juniper: Yeah, the nightmare is finally over…

Arctic: (started to get uneasy)

Sonata Dusk: Arctic? What’s wrong? (She asked worried seeing look on his face)

Arctic: I don’t know….but I have this really REALLY bad feeling.

Me: *can't help but feel the same. Search with my mind*

Regina Mills strolled through the forest casually, looking down toward the Shears of Fate in her possession. How she relished the satisfaction of having these powerful ancient artifacts back in her hands. As she walked on, smirking in her victory, she came upon her carriage and the Black Knights guarding it.

“Were you successful in your endeavor, your majesty?” One knight asked.

“Was there ever any doubt?” Regina asked, presenting the sheers. “I could’ve done away with a murder or two, but I find it more entertaining to keep these feeble-minded ponies guessing. I say it's high time we return and relocate everyone to our new home.”

“Not just yet.”

Regina spun around and her guards drew their weapons toward the source of the new voice. Before their eyes, Derring Do stepped out from behind a tree.

Rainbow Dash: Wait..what?!

Sonata Dusk: W-What’s going on? Why is Daring Do there with her?

Arctic: This…this isn’t right. (He said) Something definitely is wrong.

Me: It is...

“A SPY!!!” One knight ordered. “KILL IT!!!”

The knights made to advance, but Regina held one hand and the knights stopped in their tracks. Regina smirked at the sight of the explorer pony standing before her.

“What the hell are you doing here?” She asked. “Let me guess: You’re trying to get these shears back? Well, this can end in one of two ways for you. Painful… or extremely painful. Either way, I win… you lose.”

But Derring Do merely waved her hoof and shook her head.

“Please… I have no interest in your trinkets,” She scoffed.

“… All right, who are you?” Regina asked, suspiciously. “What do you want?”

“To see you of course.”

“What… are you talking about?” Regina raised her brow, confused.

“You’re thinking far too small,” Daring Do explained. “Why waste your time on a pair of scissors when you could have the whole world bending their knees in submission? You’re slipping Regina; you’re not thinking like you used to.

Fluttershy: W-Why is she talking like that? (She said worried)

Pinkie Pie: M-Maybe it’s just a trick?

Sci-Twi: Y-Yeah! it has to be a trick!

Rainbow Dash: Y-yeah! There no way Daring Do would act like this.

Applejack:…Girls, I don’t think it’s a trick

Me: *realises*

Regina retained her confusion, yet an angry sneer threatened to form over the insult upon her.

“What would you know about my plans?!” She hissed. “How do you know my name?”

“Simple…” Daring Do replied, with a small grin.

A swirl of purple smoke engulfed the explorer pony. It was at that moment when the smoke cleared that a completely different figure appeared in the pony’s place. Standing before them was a middle-aged woman with dark auburn hair done up in an elaborate bouffant hairstyle. She wore a wine-red dress decorated with black trimmings, dark gloves on her hands, and a smile on her ruby red lips

camo.fimfiction.net/hLTSHSX466NMvsizRODS8lVw5OuQjiWqXFuRdBRAM58?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wikia.nocookie.net%2Ffiction-battlefield%2Fimages%2Fc%2Fcb%2F1f3ea90571f5f558420819b8dbb92450.jpg%2Frevision%2Flatest%3Fcb%3D20181010170630%26path-prefix%3Dpt-br
.

“I’ve known you all your life, dear.”

Regina reeled back in shock at this startling revelation. For this woman was none other than her own mother: Cora Mills.

“Mother!” She gasped, shocked. “That shouldn’t be possible; I banished you years ago. How did you find a way back?”

“Perseverance,” Cora responded simply. “Amazing what you can do when you’re as dedicated as me.”

There was a gasped a shocked seeing Daring Do was a imposter in disguise, by Regina mother no lest

Juniper: Wait…this whole time, that wasn’t actually Daring Do?! It was Regina mother?!

Sonata Dusk: I-If that want Daring, t-then where is she?

Me: She wouldn't...She couldn't...

And the pony you were impersonating?” Regina asked.

“Dead,” Cora replied, brushing it off. “I killed that pony a long time ago. But I will give her credit, she put up more of a fight than I imagined. I’d almost say I was impressed; too bad I had to put her down.”

“And you’ve been posing as her ever since?”

“Obviously, there’s no way any of these ponies would listen to me,” Cora answered. “Everyone ‘loves’ a hero. Don’t you agree, Regina?”

Gasps of shock and horror field the air as everyone just stared on hearing what was said.

Juniper: T-That can’t be true…

Rainbow Dash: I-It has to be a lie… it has to!

Arctic: (felt his phone buzz taking it out seeing the message from Postwar) I don’t think it’s a lie….all this time, the Daring we thought we knew, the one that we've been seeing…she’s been long dead.

There was silence in the air, there was no words said and lot of things to process on the shocking revelation that was uncovered.

Arctic: (was starting to grip his fist tightly)

Sonata Dusk: Arctic..(she said worried placing a hand onto him) What’s gonna happen? What are we gonna do?

Arctic: (would look over to Sonata a bit and held onto her hand as he looked at both her and Hunter) Sonata…Hunter. We need to go back, now. What we just found out, is something we need to bring up and discuss about right away.

Me: Yes. And Sonata, for your own safety, you have to stay with either one of us.

*With that, we rush out and run through the portal back to Equestria*

I hope you be doing the next Harry Potter movie.

Wow, what a twist ending! Life found a way, and another adventure concludes. Nice work!

11628663
No, that will be the season finale. Right now, we're doing Sweeney Todd next.

I’m on my way home!

As soon as I’m home, rested and ready, my commentaries will be up!

11628709
Just to let you know, you've got a total of 18,642 bits of material to work with combined.

Daring Do, dead? What a terrible thing to hear about. Rainbow won't be happy when she hears about this.

:applecry::fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritycry:

“Don’t worry Rarity, that day will come eventually,” Pinkie Pie smiled. “After all, we’ll eventually wind up in a movie about a surfer in Hawaii. Now that’s going to be fun.”

I'm going to guess that could be either Blue Crush or Soul Surfer, but the latter may not be as fun due to the presence of hungry shark.

11628791
11627959
11628138
11628271
11628248
11628326
11628356
11628500
11628700
11628709
11629013

Future G5

Discord Memorial Cinema

Finally, Grant, along with the kids, the ponies, and Spike reached the deserted visitor’s center. A large sign that said ‘When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth…’ drooped overhead. Grant now carried Tim, weakened and his hands wrapped in cloth but conscious.

“Hello?!” Grant yelled.

But no answer came.

“Where is every pony?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I reckon most of the staff left the port when that their storm came,” Applejack confirmed. “The others must be somewhere on this island.”

Sunny: The others are still here!

Pipp: They’re just hiding from the dinos. We get it, Sunny.

They were walking through the visitor’s center when a commotion made them stop. They drew their heads toward the doorway to the restaurant.

“I think there’s something behind that door…” Rainbow Dash whispered.

Nodding their heads slowly, Applejack and Derring Do followed Rainbow Dash, leaning cautiously toward the door. Spike and Fluttershy stayed with the kids, the latter shivering frightfully. Rainbow Dash slowly leaned her hoof along the door’s surface. Taking a deep breath, she made to open it…

“HI GUYS!” Pinkie greeted, opening the door.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

Likewise for the audience.

Zipp: Augh! AND I JUST TOOK OUT MY EAR PLUGS!!!

High pitch screams went loose as Pinkie Pie was staring… at Rainbow Dash, who freaked out like a little girl. All eyes turned toward Rainbow Dash who stood at an awkward position looking from Pinkie Pie to her friends then back to Pinkie. The rainbow-haired Pegasus quickly adjusted her mane and cleared her throat.

“I almost bucked you in the face!” Rainbow hissed.

“… Kinky!” Pinkie smiled.

“NOT LIKE THAT!”

Pipp: Ew~!

Haven: (scoffs) Mares these days.

Me: Pinkie: please leave the sexual tones for someone else.  It just doesn’t work with you.

Eventually, the group made it into the restaurant. Grant and Daring Do carefully set Tim on a chair at one of the tables. Lex and the other ponies sat across from him. Pinkie Pie proceeded to take out her radio and turned it on.

“Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain! Pink Diamond calling Purple Rain!” Pinkie spoke, in code. “Come in, Purple Rain! Over!”

Me: Huh. Fitting name. (sings) Purple Rain~!  Pu~urple Rain!

But the walkie-talkie merely responded with static. Pinkie waited for a few seconds but got no response.

“Oh, guess she didn’t get the code,” Pinkie shrugged, trying again. “Pinkie to Twilight! Come in, Twilight! Grant and the others arrived safely! We’re waiting at the restaurant! Over!”

Again, only static. Pinkie Pie slapped the radio along the side. But all she got was status, even when changing the channels.

“I hope those things weren’t expensive…”

Hitch: That was wasteful of you, Pinkie.

Sunny: Why is the radio out?

Zipp: Maybe it’s because the breaker’s been turned on?

“I am gonna have to find the others and get ‘you’ to a doctor,” Grant told Tim. “Will you look after Tim, girls?”

“Yes…” Lex and Fluttershy answered, scared as hell.

“Spike, you should rest here with the others while Grant, Rainbow, and I look for the others,” Daring Do responded.

“Fine by me!” Spike sighed, leaning back. “I think I’ve had enough excitement today!”

“I oughta come too!” Applejack offered. “For safety!”

Daring Do and Rainbow Dash looked at each other, Rainbow Dash nodding with assurance.

“Fine with me,” Daring Do shrugged. “We’ll need the strongest ponies for this trip anyway.

Nodding in agreement, Grant took one look at Tim for a second.

“Your hair’s all standing up,” Grant chuckled.

He gently rearranged Tim’s hair, which was wild and all over the place. Tim looked up at him weakly, managing a smile to which Grant smiled back.

“Big Tim, the human piece of toast,” Grant joked.

Hitch: (chuckles) He’s really good at dad jokes. (aside) I really need to practice.

Tim laughed and Grant paused for a second, as if debating something.

“Yes… I’m fine…” Spike interrupted. “No, really. It was no problem. I get barbecued all the time saving lives. Glad you thought of it.”

The group turned toward Spike, who leaned back casually along one of the empty chairs. But they let it slide for now.

“Thanks for trying to help my brother,” Lex answered quietly.

“I’ll take it,” Spike replied.

“Be back soon, guys,” Grant assured. “I promise.”

“Pinkie Promise?” Pinkie called out.

But Grant left before he even made the gestures, to which Pinkie pouted a bit. As he went across the lobby of the visitor’s center to the outside, they could see his silhouette, moving through a translucent mural depicting dinosaurs in various natural settings. It was quiet for a second as the kids and Equestrians looked at each other. Tim and Spike go across the room, Pinkie Pie skipping behind, to an all-you-can-eat table on the other side loaded with all kinds of food.

Izzy: Woah! Who knew there would be so much food all in one place! I can’t believe that happens!

“Boy, they sure were expecting us to come by,” Spike observed.

“Actually, it was all like this when Twilight got us back here,” Pinkie replied. “Didn’t want it to go to waste.”

“As long as it’s safe to eat… I’m hungry,” Fluttershy sighed.

“It sure is! And tasty too! Well, come on, every pony! Help yourselves!”

Quickly, the ponies, along with the kids and Spike proceeded to pile some food onto some plates and grabbed a few utensils. They proceeded to bring the food back to their table for a well-deserved meal.

I took a drink from my glass of margarita.

Me: Anyone hungry?

Audience: No thanks!

Me: Alright.

Outside, Grant and his Equestrian group crossed the path towards Hammond’s compound, their eyes darting side-to-side. They really had no idea where they needed to go nor if there were any other carnivores lurking about. All they knew was that they needed to stay close and try not to attract any unwanted attention. While Daring Do was keeping watch over Grant, Rainbow Dash slowly approached Applejack.

“A.J., can we talk for a moment?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Actually, I’ve been meanin’ to talk to yah too…” Applejack admitted.

Pipp: (sighs) About time.

The two ponies took a deep breath and…

“It’s about Daring Do…” They said in unison. “Wait what?

“Did… you want to go first?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No, no. It’s fine!” Applejack chuckled nervously. “Wut did you want to say?”

“You’re not jealous that I’ve been spending some time with Daring Do, are you?”

“Why does every pony use the ‘jealousy’ card with me?” Applejack groaned, annoyed. “I promise hon… I ain’t jealous of no pony. I’m jus’… mighty bit concerned, that’s all.”

“I just don’t want you to think Daring Do is taking your place or anything,” Rainbow Dash assured. “It’s just not every day a pony like me gets to have an adventure with their favorite idol. And that’s something considering Daring Do usually prefers working alone.”

“I know… that really shouldn’t bother me,” Applejack sighed. “It’s just… she seems so… perfect and you two have a lot in common. You’re cunning, fierce, determined… heck, Daring Do seems ‘way’ smarter than me. I mean… ya’ll practically look alike—”

Zipp: Yeah.  She’s jealous.

“A.J., A.J., A.J.,” Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I’m going to stop you right there. There’s nothing between me and Daring Do…no way! She’s like an older sister I never had. She’ll go back to doing her temple runs flying solo or collaborating with that Doctor guy on another book. Meanwhile, I still have ‘you’. We go on adventures together every day, and you’re the only pony who makes me feel ‘awesome’…the only pony who can go hoof-to-hoof with me.

“You’re the only mare for me, Applejack. No pony is ever going to come between us.”

“Wow…I had it all wrong about ya,” Applejack smiled, tearfully. “You really do care about me.”

Mares: Aw~!

Hitch: (smiles) That’s adorable.

Red: (thoughts) Is that what you call “significant love”?

Tinny: It’s a kind of between significant others…so, yeah.

Red: (thoughts) This is hard to keep track of sometimes.

“Hey… they don’t call me the Element of Loyalty for the fancy title,” Rainbow Dash smirked. “Besides, it’s not like Daring Do’s entirely perfect. Don’t get me wrong, her books are ‘awesome’ and I always look forward to the next one. But she kind of threw out her pseudonym thing out of the blue and I’m thinking… ‘I thought she wanted to keep that secret’ or something.”

Zipp: Yeah, that is weir—hey, wait a minute!

“Yeah, that was confusing… wait!” Applejack paused, realizing. “You knew!”

“You knew?!” Rainbow Dash replied, stunned. “Wow… I mean I was going to talk to you about it first, but what with the dinosaurs rampaging—”

“Hold on!” Applejack paused, raising her ear. “Did ya’ll hear that?”

Sure enough, there was shouting trying to reach them from a distance. The two mares, including Grant and Daring Do, turned to the side… and saw Ellie, along with Twilight and Rarity, practically dragging themselves from the bunker. The ponies waved to them, shouting something faint.

Sunny: They’re alive! I knew they’d make it!

Grant furrowed his brow, walking towards the trio. Ellie shouted louder; Grant walked faster. He’s closer now, and he could finally make out what she’s shouting.

“Run!” Ellie shouted.

Grant, along with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, raced towards Ellie and their friends, with Daring Do hovering from behind. Grant raced towards Ellie, who ran into his arms. The ponies practically piled against each other, laughing hysterically as if they had been apart for a thousand years.

“Thank Celestia ya’ll are alright!” Applejack sighed with relief. “Where’s the Doc?”

“Whooves is with Malcolm and Hammond back at the bunker,” Rarity answered.

“What about the others?” Twilight asked, gasping in horror. “Where’re the kids?!”

Izzy: Oh, they’re back at the Visitor’s Center and eating from the buffet. Why?

Back at their table, Lex and Fluttershy were digging in, munching on vegetables. While Fluttershy ate casually, Lex practically grabbed the food with two hands. Tim, along with Pinkie Pie and Spike, were enjoying their food too. Only most of their food was cakes and other sweets. Pinkie and Spike were practically eating like anime characters, while Tim took a spoonful of food and stuffed it into his mouth.

Lex was about to have a spoonful of lime Jell-O from one of the plastic dinosaur egg cups – but her hand froze halfway to her mouth. Tim, along with Pinkie and Spike, looked up seeing the expression on Lex’s face. Lex was staring over their shoulder, eyes wide, the Jell-O quivering in her shaky hands. But she’s not the only one… Fluttershy had a look of horror and her yellow fur slowly turned white.

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked.

Hitch: Whatever it is, it’s not good.

Without saying a word, Fluttershy pointed rapidly with her hoof. Confused, Spike pointed over the shoulder his friend was pointing. Sure enough, there was a growling side just behind them where the mural was. Spike gulped nervously, as his face dropped.

“Parasaurolophus?” Spike asked weakly.

But Fluttershy only shook her head, trying so hard not to cry. Tim, Spike, and Pinkie slowly turned around. Behind them, one of the silhouettes on the mural was a raptor, in a hunting pose. While they stare, the silhouette of a real raptor moved out from behind it and crept forward, into the lobby of the visitor’s center. Pinkie Pie almost screamed but Spike quickly covered her mouth tightly, just in the nick of time.

Izzy: (very soft) Raptors!

Pipp: (likewise) I knew this would happen!

Me: Shit.

The kids, the ponies, and Spike quickly ducked into the kitchen, Lex pulling the shiny metal door shut as quietly as she could. It latched with a distinctive ‘click’, but there’s no lock. She raced to a panel of light switches and killed them all, plunging the room into semidarkness. She helped Tim down an aisle, while Spike followed Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. The kids hid at the end, behind a counter, breathing hard. The ponies and Spike hid behind another counter, the teen dragon trying to crouch as low as possible.

A raptor’s head popped into view, visible through the round window in the middle of the kitchen door. It just took a moment, its breath steaming against the window. Through the window, as the steam evaporated, the raptor could see a part of Tim not entirely hidden by the counter. In the kitchen, Tim and Lex remained frozen in fear as the raptor first sniffed the bottom of the door, then thumped its head against it. But the door didn’t budge… yet the Equestrians knew it was all a matter of time.

“This is way more stressful than going to the dentist!” Pinkie whimpered, quietly.

Hitch: That’s nothing compared to the day when Sparky went missing!

Me: At least it’s not that dentist from Little Shop of Horrors.

Back in the bunker, John Hammond stood between Grant, Ellie, and the Equestrians in the bunker. The ponies watched as Grant racked the bolts on a ten gauge shotgun.

“It’s just the two raptors, right?” Grant asked the girls.

“We think so…” Twilight Sparkle guessed. “Muldoon went to see if he could get to ‘one’… but I don’t think he made it.”

“Great wickering stallions…” Time Turner gasped.

“What about the third one?” Daring Do asked. “Is it contained?

“Yes,” Ellie answered. “Unless they figured out how to open doors.”

Sunny: (nervous) Can they?

Me: (gulps) Well, they have fingers, and uh…

“But that’s crazy…” Rainbow chuckled, anxiously. “Raptors aren’t ‘that’ smart… are they?”

“Wait a moment!” Applejack realized. “If there’s still two raptors on the loose, and if they knew where people were comin’ from, they’d follow the scent to know where the rest of us are. And if they’re not comin’ fur us…”

Applejack gasped upon realizing something.

“THEY WENT BACK FUR THE YOUNG’INS!!!”

Me: (continuing; unsure) So…if push comes to shove…maybe?

Sunny: Maybe?!

Outside the kitchen door, the raptor stared down at the door handle, cocking its head curiously. It snarled and bumped the door handle with its head, but that didn’t do anything. It reached out, toward the handle, with one clawed hand. Tim, Lex, and the Equestrians stared in shock as the door handle started to turn and the door opened.

Me: (blank) I was right.

“Timmy, what is it?” Fluttershy asked, quietly.

“It’s a Velociraptor…” Tim whispered back.

“It’s inside…” Lex gasped, silently.

“That’s… a velociraptor?” Spike spied.

“Well… good thing it’s just one and not the pack …” Pinkie Pie sighed with relief. “Wait… was that a hand?”

The first raptor stood in the doorway, drawing itself up to its full height, and looked around the kitchen. Then it proceeded to make some sort of signal, calling out for something. It was so horrible that the kids and their friends covered their ears. But that wasn’t even the worst part.

For soon, a second raptor joined it in the doorway. They moved into the room, brushing against each other. The first raptor snapped at the second, as if saying, ‘Keep your distance’.

Hitch: (scared) It was calling for backup! That’s smart!

Sprout: (under the table) Yeah…(ducks under again)

“And… there it is…” Spike cringed.

“Kids… follow us!” Fluttershy gestured.

The raptors proceeded to split up, taking two different aisles. With the ponies and Spike taking the lead, Tim and Lex crawled away. It was difficult for Tim because he was awfully weak and it still hurt to move. Still, they crawled down the third aisle, around the other side of the counter from the raptors, moving in the opposite direction.

As the anxious group moved past the raptors, one of their tails smacked into some pots and pans, knocking them off the counter. They fell on top of them, but somehow they managed to keep quiet. They moved quickly as one of the raptors dipped down, searching through an open cabinet to inspect the racket. They managed to reach the end of the aisle and rounded a corner—but Fluttershy and Tim fell behind. At some point, they accidentally brushed against some hanging kitchen utensils and froze.

Sunny: It’s getting too close!

The raptor’s head searched left and right while the pony and Tim held their breath. But finding nothing, the head reeled itself back through the hole. Just when they felt they were safe, a ladle clattered on the ground. Fluttershy whimpered, closing her eyes tightly as both raptors turned, confused by the strange metallic sound. One of the raptors jumped onto the counter, knocking more kitchen stuff to the floor. They moved, right toward their direction, heading right for the frightened pair.

Their friends tried to usher them to crawl toward them, but Tim and Fluttershy merely shook their heads too scared to try. The raptor on the floor sniffed the area, following the scent. It was just about to turn the corner toward where Tim and Fluttershy sat, the latter whimpering and leaned against Timmy preparing for the worst. Exposed, exhausted, it looked to be the end for the pair as the raptor got closer…

Suddenly, both raptors stopped when they heard a clicking sound and singing from the other end of the aisle.

Hitch: (gulps) Who’s doing that?!

Zipp: (likewise) I can guess!

Pinkie Pie (Sings):
Roll back the rock to the dawn of time
When the Earth was smokin’ and the lava flowed!

Hitch: Why is she doing that?!

Sure enough, it was Pinkie Pie singing a jingle and Lex tapping a spoon on the floor to distract them. The raptor on the counter leapt down, starting cautiously toward Lex’s noise, leaving Tim and Fluttershy for now. Quickly, Pinkie Pie pointed to the nearest steel cabinet behind Lex, its sliding door open. They proceeded to crawl inside, silently.

From another hiding spot, Spike peeked over seeing one of the raptors eyeing the two girls, snarling, and revealing its teeth. While Lex and Pinkie squirmed together, they tried to pull the overhead door to the cabinet shut. The one raptor had just rounded a corner seeing their reflection on the shiny cabinet front. Lex and Pinkie tried frantically to lower the cabinet door, however…

“It’s stuck!” Pinkie hissed.

Izzy: Oh, no! What are they gonna do?! They’ll end up as Raptor stew! And I hate stew!

The raptor pounced, charging toward Lex and Pinkie Pie, smashing more stuff around with its tail. Lex kept tugging on the cover, to no avail, screaming in panic as the girls braced themselves—

THUD! Lex’s raptor crashed into a shiny surface bearing their reflection. As it turned out, it chased the wrong image and it sagged to the floor, semiconscious. Pinkie Pie and Lex proceeded to crawl out the steel cabinet, crawling away while the raptor was done.

Sunny: Oh, that was too close! Again!

Seeing the girls were safe, Tim and Fluttershy turned and saw a walk-in freezer in the far wall, the kind with a pin-locking handle. Tim and Fluttershy then looked at each other, the pony could tell what he was thinking… and she didn’t like where it was going. But they knew what needed to be done. Taking a few deep breaths, Fluttershy assumed the position, and summing what little strength they had left—they made a break for the walk-in freezer. Poor Tim was limping, dragging himself, really moving like a wounded prey now, and—Fluttershy wasn’t doing any better being she wasn’t the fastest pony.

Sunny: Hurry, hurry!

Hitch: It’s right behind them!

The other raptor spotted them and pounced after them with a snarl. Tim’s raptor charged after them, just enough open floor space between them. Just when the raptor had caught up, Fluttershy and Tim reached the freezer, ripped the door open and fell inside. The floor was cold and slick, their feet going right out from under them. They sprawled across the floor, rolling out of the way—and the raptor slipped and fell into the freezer too, right past them.

“Hurry, Tim!” Fluttershy shouted.

As soon as Fluttershy helped him up, Tim dragged himself to his feet and followed the timid Pegasus out of the freezer. The raptor made one last lunge, right on their heels, its mouth wide open—but Pinkie Pie, and the ‘real’ Lex screamed slamming the door shut just as their friends were in the clear. The raptor’s head got caught for a second, struggling to push through. Then another shout emerged, as Spike flew toward the door and assumed a…

“FLYING KICK!!!” Spike shouted.

The maneuver sent the raptor retreating back, and the group got the door shut all the way. The raptor roared, screaming inside. But Lex merely jammed the pin through the handle, locking it in.

“If that doesn’t put that raptor to sleep, I’ll eat Twilight’s book!” Spike sighed, exhausted.

Izzy: Ew, that sounds disgusting!

Hitch: Nice moves, Spike! You’re doing great!

“Let’s get out of here!” Fluttershy cried out.

By then, the other raptor slowly recovered. Staggering to its feet, groggily smashing into stuff all over the kitchen. It just saw the Equestrians and the children taking off, Lex holding Tim again for support. Watching them take off, a look of evil intentions filled the raptor’s face.

Sunny: Oh, I hope it’s not going anywhere.

Me: At least I think it won’t.

Tim, Lex, and their friends hurried across the restaurant, staring back over their shoulders in case the other raptor was coming. They suddenly crashed into Grant and Ellie, along with the remainder of the Equestrians.

“Are you guys, okay?” Time Turner asked.

“We just trapped one of those raptors in the ice box!” Spike gasped, breathing heavily.

“But the other one’s in there!” Fluttershy pointed back.

“Control room,” Ellie instructed.

Sunny: Please hurry!

Pipp: (giddy) This is awesome to watch!

Without a second thought, the group made their way out of the restaurant while Grant kept watch, his gun at the ready. As the group left the restaurant and prepared to run, Spike stopped and noticed the doorway leading outside the center. An idea suddenly dawned upon him. He first checked back on the group who were leaving without him, then back at the door. His face soon grew determined as he knew what he had to do.

Hitch: Wait—where’s he going now?! Spike, you’re gonna get yourself killed out there!

Unaware of Spike’s intent, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians raced down the second floor corridor toward the control room. But because Tim was still not in good shape, Grant carried Tim the rest of the way. The door to the control room smacked open and the entire group burst in. Ellie headed straight for Nedry’s computer terminal. Grant moved Tim to the side and raced back to the door to lock it.

“We can call for help?!” Lex asked hopefully.

“We’ve got to reboot the system first!” Ellie responded.

Ellie sat at the computer, studying the screen. It’s flashing to her, dominated by a maze-like grid. She studied it, confused. Grant and Twilight were at the door when they realized something.

“Oh, no!” Twilight stared horrified. “This is a problem…”

“The door locks—” Grant called out. “Ellie! Boot up the door locks!”

“Spike, I need you to—”

Twilight paused when she looked around, counting the number of heads in the room.

“Where’s Spike?!”

Hitch: He ran off—

Sunny: Look out!

POW!!!

Something struck the door, hard, from the outside, knocking Twilight and Grant back. The kids and the other ponies screamed, as Grant hurled his back against it—losing his gun in the process. Grant struggled to keep the door closed, as the raptor reached in trying to scratch him.

“ALAN!!!” The ponies screamed.

Turning quickly, Ellie leapt out of the chair and raced over to the door to help him. Thinking quickly, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Daring Do race to the door adding their combined weight against the door. The raptor snarled, snapping its jaws, ramming itself against the door. The group tried to prevent the beast from forcing its way into the control room. This was all the group could do to hold the door against the onslaught, but it bucked against them viciously.

“Ellie—get back and boot up the door locks!” Grant grunted.

“You can’t hold it by yourself!” Ellie shouted back.

Sunny: Somepony do something!

Over at the computer, Lex slid quickly into the command chair at Nedry’s terminal. She stared at the screen for a moment as the rest joined in.

“Great wickering stallions…” Time Turner gaped. “What is all this?”

“This is a Unix system,” Lex answered. “I know this. It’s the files for the whole park. It’s like a phone book—it tells you everything.”

“You can hack your way through this, right?”

“If I can find the right file.”

“Great… how hard can that be?”

Zipp: Hurry, Lex!

Hitch: For once hacking isn’t illegal.

“Try to reach the gun!” Grant called.

Twilight Sparkle saw that their human companions and a majority of the Equestrians were preoccupied trying to keep the door shut. Acting quickly, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate the gun off the ground and, while unfamiliar with the tool, attempted to aim it toward the raptor, whose head was barely visible in the window.

Hitch: She…knows what she’s doing with that, right?

Me: Most likely, no. It’s hard to get a handle on the offset.

In the meantime, Lex’s fingers started flying over the keyboard. Tim and Fluttershy watched, amazed as the computer seemed to respond to Lex’s commands. The same could not be said for Twilight. Despite trying to aim the gun, she couldn’t get a clear shot. Not without risking the safety of the humans or her friends.

“Shoot her Twilight!” Daring Do called out. “Shoot her now!

“I can’t unless you move!” Twilight Sparkle shouted.

Pipp: This is a lot of tension. I’m loving this!

Tensions were running high as Lex tried to search the computer’s system, trying to find a single file amongst an entire network of data. The raptor was determined to push its way inside, opening the door just wide enough for its claws to clutch inside. Desperate, an idea quickly came to Daring Do who took out Grant’s claw that Rainbow gave her. Shouting, she proceeded to slash against the raptor’s fingers who squealed from the pain.

Scrolling across the system, Lex stumbled upon a set of files called ‘Physical Security’.

“This is it! This might be the right file!” Lex guessed.

But when she scrolled the mouse toward one of the links, it read ‘Chemical’.

“Oh no, this isn’t the right file.”

Izzy: Crystals!

“C’mon, Lex!” Tim encouraged.

“You can do it, Lexie!” Pinkie cheered. “It’s got to be one of them.”

“What about ‘that’ menu?!” Time Turner pointed out.

Reaching another menu, Lex spotted a box on the screen that read ‘VISITOR’S CENTER’. She reached out and clicked the mouse. Soon, the system reboot was in effect activating all the devices. Every marker that said ‘unlocked’ in red letters shifted to ‘Secured’ in green.

“There it is, I got it!” Lex said excitedly.

“SHE GOT IT!!!” Fluttershy cheered loudly.

Sunny: YES!!

By the time Grant pushed the raptor back, the door latch panel buzzed as the humans and Equestrians put everything they had into it. Finally, the door latched shut, locking the raptor outside.

“We… DID IT!!!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“Oh, thank Celestia!” Twilight sighed, dropping the gun.

All the Equestrians cheered and laughed hysterically, Rarity literally crying tears of joy. Applejack and Rainbow Dash embraced one another, the latter even reeling Daring Do in who accepted… albeit awkwardly. Pinkie Pie made for the window and proceeded to make faces toward the raptor, shaking her tail at its face while the raptor just sneered.

“What works?” Grant asked Lex.

“Phone security systems, everything works!” Lex declared, satisfied. “You ask for it, we got it!”

“Make the call, Dr. Grant!” Daring Do instructed. “We’re out of here!”

Zipp: Finally!

Sunny: Phew! The danger’s over.

Hammond was checking up on Malcolm when the phone suddenly rang. The two looked at each other, wide-eyed. Hammond lunged for it.

“Grant?!”

“Mr. Hammond… the phones are working,” Grant answered.

“The children alright?” Hammond asked anxiously.

Hitch: They are, thank hoofness.

Amidst the call, all the screens in the control room had come alive now. The data scrolled by at incredible speed as every remaining system in the park came back online. Ellie sat at the keyboard with Lex, figuring things out, while everyone else gathered together beside their human companions. Grant was on the phone, holding the rifle with his free hand.

“The children are fine,” Grant assured.

“Thank God,” Hammond sighed in relief.

“Call the mainland. Tell them to send the damn helicopters.”

Suddenly, Grant stopped in the middle of his sentence when the sound of glass breaking drew everyone and every pony to the side.

“THEY’RE COMING THROUGH THE GLASS!!!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

A few screams cut in, followed by three shots, and a horrible clunking as the phone dropped.

“Grant!” Hammond yelled into the phone. “GRANT!”

Sunny: WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!!!

Grant’s rifle lay on the floor, smoking, several spent shells alongside it. The front window of the control room had three huge impact shatter patterns in the glass, where the gunshots hit. But not a trace of blood was found.

“He missed every shot…” Fluttershy panicked. “He missed every shot!”

Hitch: He missed?!

Zipp: How could he miss when it was right in front of him?!

“No time to panic!” Applejack yelled. “We gotta find another way out!”

“The crawl spaces!” Twilight Sparkle pointed up. “That’s our exit!”

Twilight Sparkle, and those able to fly, made their way into the open panel through the ceiling, working their way into the crawl space. Fortunately, the control room happened to have a ladder which Grant set up under the panel. The kids and the other Equestrians proceeded to climb up through the ceiling, while Ellie and Grant followed. Grant looked toward the front window, scared as hell—

*SHATTER*

Sunny: Oh, no!

Amidst a shower of glass, the raptor exploded into the control room. It landed on its feet on a workstation console, images from wall projectors falling across its head. Grant vaulted himself up into the ceiling and knocked aside the ladder with his feet. The raptor tilted its head curiously, looking up at the swaying ceiling.

Once in the crawl space, Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians dashed across the ceiling panels, moving fast, but carefully, so as not to break through.

*SMASH*

Sunny: Aah!!

Izzy: Since when could it jump so high?!

Me: Since…forever? They’re astonishing jumpers. I think Muldoon said something about that.

The raptor’s head burst through a panel behind them, leaping up at them, snarling and snapping its jaws. It dropped down again, and they keep moving forward. But now it erupted through a panel in front of them. They scream, its teeth click just inches in front of Rarity—

“Get away from me, you brute!” Rarity shrieked.

Rarity shot the raptor in the face with one beam, sending it falling back to the floor of the control room.

Alphabittle: What a mare!

Haven: (spits milk)Excuse me?!

Grant looked around frantically before spotting an air duct a few yards away.

“Follow me!” Grant called out.

They moved for it, but the raptor’s head crashed through the ceiling again, this time right underneath Lex. She screamed as she was lifted up, atop its head, and pinned to the ceiling above.

“LEX!!!” The girls screamed.

Grant and Applejack smashed their boot/hooves respectively against the side of the raptor’s head. The raptor slammed at him, latching onto Grant’s boot for a second before the raptor’s own weight pulled it back down.

Lex nearly went down with the raptor, spinning into the hole in the ceiling, tumbling down. Fortunately, Grant and Applejack grabbed her by the collar at the last second, but Lex dangled there, above the raptor. The animal flipped over onto its feet and crouched to pounce just as man and pony summoned their strength and jerked Lex back into the ceiling. The raptor sprung, but it was too late. The trio scrambled over to the air duct, joining the others inside it.

The group crawled through the air duct as fast as they could, the thin metal booming and creasing around them. They reached a metal gate that showed daylight beneath. Grant reached out and pulled it up. Through the gate, they could see the lobby of the visitor’s center below. They’re directly above the skeletons of the dinosaurs, the T-rex, and the sauropod it was attacking. The unfinished skeletons are surrounded by scaffolding.

“Final stop! Visitor’s Center; main floor!” Pinkie Pie announced.

“Come on, every pony!” Twilight ushered.

Grant and the others climbed down from the air duct and onto a platform of the scaffolding that stood alongside the skeletons. They continued down to the second platform, then the third. Suddenly… a raptor stood along the side by the second floor railing belting toward its prey.

“Aw, come on!” Rainbow Dash groaned.

Hitch: They’re cornered! Darn, dirty, pack hunters!

Unfortunately, it’s much too far to jump to the lobby floor. For the flying Equestrians that wasn’t an issue. Everyone else had to climb gingerly onto the nearest skeleton, the towering brachiosaur. They climbed down as fast as they could. Grant helped Tim down, Lex and Ellie followed. The other Equestrians weren’t far behind. Ellie went for the tail; Lex moved to the front. Grant landed on the main body in the middle with Tim. While the other Equestrians found a spot, the raptor watched their every movement.

Up in the ceiling, the skeleton’s anchor bolts groaned in the plaster, threatening to pull free. But for now, they held for as long as they could. All of a sudden, the raptor flew out and landed on the back of the middle section of the skeleton. *SNAP* It cracked apart with the weight, sending the sections spinning in all different directions.

Grant and Tim, along with Applejack and Time Turner, swirled on the middle section. All the flying Equestrians had taken off in the air, seeing the chaos unfold below their hooves. Tim began to slide down despite Grant’s efforts to hold onto him.

“Applejack, what do I do?!” Tim shouted.

Applejack looked around trying to consider what they should do. But then she looked toward the floor and suddenly she was reminded of a previous scenario. She knew what needed to be done.

“Let go,” Applejack spoke.

“Are you nuts?!” Tim cried out.

“No, I ain’t. I promise ya’ll be safe.”

“That’s not true.”

“Listen sugar cube, wut I’m sayin’ to you is the ‘honest’ truth. Let go… and ya’ll safe.”

“You’re going to want to do what she says, kid!” Rainbow Dash called out.

Me: (aside) Well, this is quite a callback.

Tinny: You’re not supposed to put kids in danger! You’re the adults!

Applejack and Grant’s eyes met, the former’s darting to the side. Grant silently understood what was going on and assured Tim it was fine. Eventually, Tim lost his grip and fell to the ground right underneath the swinging, large middle section of the dinosaur skeleton. Just before Tim hit the ground, he landed on something soft and looked down. Sure enough, Twilight Sparkle had caught the boy making a careful landing on the floor.

“Rule number one: Never doubt Applejack,” Twilight Sparkle declared.

Meanwhile, Lex and Pinkie Pie spun on the front section. Lex slipped, trying to keep from falling as she hung by her legs. And somehow… Pinkie seemed to be having the time of her life.

Sunny: (scared) Well, at least somepony is having a good time!

All of a sudden, the anchor bolts in the ceiling rip free, zinging past them like bullets. The entire brachiosaurus skeleton collapsed like a house of cards sending Ellie and Rarity to the ground. They covered themselves with their arms, trying to protect their heads from the shower of falling bones. Lex and Pinkie Pie fell, screaming as they landed on the ground with bones falling on top of them.

Grant, with Applejack and Time Turner in the middle section, looked up and saw the cable about to snap. They fall, with Rainbow Dash catching Applejack and Daring Do catching Time Turner. The large section of the skeleton came careening down, heading straight for Tim and Twilight Sparkle, who laid where they fell on the ground. It came smashing down… with just enough space for them to be safe.

The raptor tumbled to the floor in a cascade of splintering bone. It landed on its back a few yards away and staggered for a moment, the wind knocked out of it. Fluttershy merely hovered over the raptor for a moment, lightly tapped it on the side of the head, and it fell back as she awkwardly fluttered back to her friends.

Grant, landing in front of Tim and Twilight Sparkle, stood up and approached the pair who crawled their way out. Lex and Pinkie Pie stood up seeing the raptor regaining its footing and screamed. Rarity was helping Ellie when they noticed a shadow standing behind the visqueen and stopped dead in their tracks.

“Oh… no…” Rarity shuddered. “It’s her…”

Me: The Big One.

Tinny: Extremely dangerous. Keep out of reach of children. (shakes head) Where did that come from?!

The second raptor emerged from under the plastic and looked around. Grant got Tim and Twilight Sparkle out of the skeleton as the rest of the Equestrians joined together. They backed away from the raptor, approaching from the left side. They backed up toward a large rock in the midst of the room holding the other skeleton.

The raptors crouched in their pre-attack stance, the Equestrians and their companions found themselves caught in the middle of the two approaching raptors. They tried to back up, only to find nowhere else to go. There was no sugarcoating the intense scenario; they were literally backed in a corner.

Hitch: WHERE IS SPIKE?!!!

“SPIKE, WHERE ARE YOU?!” Twilight Sparkle cried desperately.

Suddenly, just as the one raptor made a lunge for its prey…

“YEEHAW!!!”

The massive head of the Tyrannosaurus Rex descended from above. A set of six-foot jaws clamped down upon the raptor. Eighteen-inch teeth sank into its side, and the helpless animal howled in agony as it lifted up, up, up off the floor of the lobby.

Zipp: Wha…?! How?!

Sunny: Yes! Hooray!

“Ahh!!! It’s the T-Rex!” Pinkie Pie screamed.

“And… Spike riding it?!” Rainbow Dash paled.

Sure enough, Spike was atop of the T-rex, his legs wrapped around the neck like riding a rodeo bull. It smiled as he loomed toward his friends, waving one arm around in the air.

“Never fear, Spike and Rexy are here!” Spike gloated.

Hitch: I don’t believe it! He’s actually riding it!

Pipp: He’s such a hero!  So brave and fearless!

“Spike! You’re okay!” Twilight cheered.

Grant and the others looked up in stunned amazement. They stepped behind the rock for safety and looked to the right. The other raptor goes up in the air, twenty feet off the lobby floor, holding fast in the mouth of the Rex. It stood in the entrance to the lobby in front of the massive hole it ripped through the Visqueen wall. It shook its enormous head once, breaking the neck of the velociraptor, then dropped it, dead, to the floor at its feet.

The big one turned from the humans and lunged at the Rex’s side, leaping twelve feet into the air and rending the Rex’s flesh as it came down, slashing it open with its six-inch claw. In an instant, Spike lost his grip and dropped over the side, only to be caught in a gust courtesy of his adopted sister-figure’s hooves.

Sunny: Yes! She caught him!

“I got you, Spike!” She panted.

“Thanks, Twi!” Spike smiled. “Now let’s get out of here, every pony! Rexy can handle herself from here on out!”

“I agree!” Alan nodded. “Let’s go!”

“Goodbye, Rexy!” Spike waved goodbye. “Thanks for the help!”

“I feel like we had some continuity issues in this part, but I’ll let it pass!” Pinkie Pie replied, hopping away.

Me: Just let it slide already!

“Spike ridin’ a freakin T-rex!” Rainbow Dash moaned. “Some dragons get all the luck!”

Sparky: (excitedly babbles)

Sunny: Spike has saved the day!

Grant, Ellie, the kids, and the Equestrians skirted the battle royal on the lobby floor and dashed for the door of the visitor’s center while the battle continued. By the time they emerged outside the visitor’s center, Hammond squealed the jeep to a halt in front of the steps. Malcolm was lying in the back. Grant and the others practically fell into the jeep.

“Every pony, get in!” Daring Do ordered.

“I always knew this trip was too good to be true,” Time Turner mumbled.

Alan raced toward the passenger side door, his attention toward Hammond.

“Mr. Hammond!” Alan began. “The princess and I, after careful consideration and coming to a consensus, have decided…”

“Not to endorse your park!” Twilight Sparkle concluded, regretfully.

“So have I,” Hammond replied.

Pipp: Thank hoofness for that!

Hitch: This place was just asking for trouble to happen. It’s best that it never opens.

Me: Play us one last hurrah, Maestro Williams!

The old man hit the gas and the jeep took off, dashing away from the Visitor’s Center as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, the skirmish continued between the fearsome beasts. The rex bellowed in pain as it turned on the raptor, eyes raging, and struck, just once, quickly, as fast as the head of a serpent. It caught the raptor by the thick back end, biting one of its enormous feet down, and tore. It practically ripped the last velociraptor in half. The rex whirled around - as it turned, its heavy tail counterbalanced, snapping the other way, sweeping across the lobby, and smashed right through the T-rex skeleton. The skeleton collapsed in an explosion of bones, falling to pieces around the living rex.

The rex stood majestically in the midst of the lobby, both skeletons swept away, snapping like matchsticks as they settled around the animal. The rex drew itself up to its full height—and roared! The sound was deafening, the vibrations rattled the entire Visitor’s Center. The sign which dangled over the lobby by its one remaining wire finally fell, clattering to the floor at its feet, face up. Its message proved true that ‘Dinosaurs’ still ruled the Earth… forever.

Me: That image right there is one of the most iconic images in all of cinema!

Sunny: I can see why.

The helicopter rotors whirled to life as the chopper waited on the landing cross. The jeep roared up next to it. One by one, the passengers climbed aboard, their faces white from their ordeal. Ellie, along with Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Time Turner, Spike and Fluttershy helped the Murphy siblings inside the helicopter. Alan, with Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, and Daring Do helped an injured Ian inside.

For a while, nobody spoke. Hammond took another look at his dream, for one last time, as the roar of the dinosaurs echoed in the distance. To think, he’d soon be leaving all this behind after all the hard work. A dream he carried for so long, so difficult to even say goodbye. He stared until Alan came over and grabbed his arm which caused Hammond to snap back into reality. He took him back into the helicopter, which finally took off. As they rose into the air, the Equestrians stared out the windows, looking down on the park as it spread out below.

Down at the park, Spike could see a familiar sight over a vast plain. The Tyrannosaur, still feeding on the remains of the dinosaurs it ran down and killed, looked up. Spike silently stared at acknowledgement toward the creature, and slowly waved goodbye out of respect even after all the trouble. The beast in turn threw its head back and roared, waving its little forelimbs at the strange thing. As the helicopter moved off, the T-rex just stared, silently, with huge, yellowing eyes. A moment of utter bewilderment for the rex, which felt almost… sad for her.

Sunny: Is she…sad to see them go?

Hitch: That is…weird to think about.

Me: Something happened offscreen between Spike and Rexy. It’s like she’s saying goodbye to a friend.
>>next

11628791
11627959
11628138
11628271
11628248
11628326
11628356
11628500
11628700
11628709
11629013
<<previous

Back in the helicopter, silence continued inside as the Equestrians looked around at the eerily quiet people on board. Eventually, Rainbow Dash tried to break the ice.

“Well… at least we’re all alive,” Rainbow Dash spoke up.

“Thankfully,” Applejack nodded in agreement.

“Honestly darling, after all these adventures, I’ll need at least a week of spa days to relax,” Rarity huffed in exhaustion. “Would it kill ‘any’ pony if the television sent us on a tropical vacation without something trying to kill us?”

“Don’t worry Rarity, that day will come eventually,” Pinkie Pie smiled. “After all, we’ll eventually wind up in a movie about a surfer in Hawaii. Now that’s going to be fun.”

Me: (sighs) You know what, I won’t even bother. (drinks margarita)

Not even bothering to figure out what Pinkie Pie meant anymore, Rarity merely leaned her head against the window and watched the island disappear in the distance.

Hammond somberly looked at his mosquito amber cane, his eyes full. Malcolm just stared toward the distance, not even saying a word. The kids were in the back of the helicopter, with Grant. The kids were sleeping on his shoulders. Grant almost absently had his arms around both kids. Ellie and the Equestrians. looked at him. Both he and the kids seemed so natural, so obviously comfortable and trusting with each other. A scene that made them smile.

Just then, Alan, Ellie and the Equestrians looked out the window. The helicopter swept low over a huge flock of sea birds flying peacefully across the sea. As the chopper roared near, it kicked up the flock. Hundreds of birds sailed off in all directions, powerful and graceful. Grant looked at the birds and broke into a wide grin. The helicopter kept flying straight for the sun, hoping to reach the island where everyone would be treated for their injuries. Though saddened over the fact Hammond couldn’t bring happiness to ‘many’ people, causing so much harm due to Dennis’ greed on wanting the embryos for money, John knew that the best thing he could do… was let the dinosaurs have the island.

And that’s the way it should be…

Me: Now, normally this is where the movie would end. But our Equestrian friends have to return. (looks above) John Williams, thank you so much for that grandiose hurrah of a soundtrack that could have only come from yourself.  And to Steven Spielberg, only you could have made this kind of movie.  And to everyone else who made this movie come to life…no words that I can say will ever express my gratitude and wonder for all of you.

Eventually, the helicopter landed at a helipad back in the United States. No sooner that it touched down on the ground and everyone hopped off did the portal back to Equestria opened once more.

“Well, looks like it’s time to go.” Twilight said to everyone.

“You’re leaving?” Lex asked.

“I’m afraid so Lex darling.” Rarity nodded. “We have families and friends to get back to in Equestria. Surely they all miss us terribly.”

Both kids quickly ran up to the group and knelt down to hug each member of the Equestrian team individually.

“We’re gonna miss you all.” Tim told them.

“We’ll miss you too kid.” Rainbow nodded.

Then the kids stepped back as Alan, Ellie, Ian, and Hammond stepped up to say their goodbyes.

“Well, needless to say, meeting all of you has certainly been…an interesting adventure.” Alan said honestly, giving a smile. “But certainly one I wouldn’t trade for anything.”

“You’ve all really helped us realize that nothing is ever really impossible.” Ellie smiled.

“No kidding.” Ian chuckled. “I’m sure that I’ll think up some new chaos theories that’ll all involve you guys in some way.”

This caused the whole group to laugh.

Zipp: (chuckles) Never change, Dr. Malcolm. Never change.

“Ah’m sure ya will, Ian.” Applejack chuckled.

Then everyone turned their attention solely to Hammond.

“I really must thank you all as well.” He said. “I was so blinded by my ambitions that I never stopped to think of the consequences my actions could have. You’ve all helped me to realize this and I promise, I won’t be making this same mistake in the future.”

“Here’s hoping that holds true, Mr. Hammond.” Time Turner spoke up. “While this adventure has certainly been quite eye opening, it’s one I truly hope we don’t have to take again.”

“Agreed.” Hammond nodded.

With that in mind, the Equestrians all took one last look at the group and waved their goodbyes before they all turned right back around and stepped through the portal back to Equestria.

Sunny: And will the Cake Twins be alright?

Me: I can say in full confidence…that they are rescued and alright.

Sunny: Phew. Princess Twilight and friends have saved the day once again!

Me: Yeah. (stands up) Once again, I would like to thank you all for attending this showing of Jurassic Park and I hope you all enjoy yourselves and come again for this one and only style of entertainment.

One by one, each of the patrons each left the theater.

Red: (thoughts) Where is that blue unicorn? I didn’t see her this time.

Tinny: Which unicorn?

Red: (thoughts) The blue unicorn with the frilly mane.

Tinny: Huh…I don’t know.

Izzy: Huh…blue unicorn with a frilly mane…Oh, you must be talking about Misty! Yeah, I don’t know where she is. She was here when we watched Shrek. Maybe she decided not to come today.

Yet again, as everyone left I was all alone in the cinema. I powered down the machines and picked up the vacuum, singing a little tune while I worked.

Me: (sings) Pretty Women…blowing out their candles~!

Epilogue

Misty was pacing around in the throne room. It was waning into dusk and she was getting anxious.  Opaline had been out all day and Misty had not seen a trace of her all day.  Eventually she walked into her room, flopping onto her bed.

Misty: (bored) Where are you, Opaline?

She picked up her phone.  There was a post of Pipp with the caption: “Loved the movie with dinosaurs! Definitely worth a rewatch!”

Misty: My timeout should be up today!

She looked longingly at the picture, especially at how happy the five friends and Sparky looked at being together.

Misty: (sighs) It must be nice to have friends.

Just then, there was a bounce as a rubber ball rolled across the floor. Instinctively, she ducked under the covers.  There was a noise of something hopping to the sound of creaking metal.  She crawled to the end of the bed and peaked open the covers, and there on the floor was a little desk lamp looking over and bouncing on the little ball.

She gasped.

Misty: (whispering) That’s the lamp I bought at the New Year’s market!

Unfortunately, her whispering caused the lamp to peak its light right at her face.  She yelped as she dove back under her covers, rubbing her eyes clear of the light blindness.  Cautious, she peaked out again to see that it had gone, except for the long cord.  She got up and followed it out into the hall.  There was the little lamp she had been using since she bought it, lying motionless on its face.

She picked it up. Nothing happened. Shrugging, she carried it back into her room.  She noticed that it was unplugged, so without thinking she plugged it back in.  Right as she did, the lamp’s light immediately came on as it struggled in her grip.  It jumped out and onto the nightstand, then it froze.

The little Luxo lamp looked at the pony, while Misty remained frozen as to why it was moving.

Misty: H-h-h-how…how is my lamp alive?

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) Why is my new Master unsure of me? Have I done something wrong?

Misty started pacing around.

Misty: Okay, so…now my lamp’s alive and I don’t know why…Maybe it’s got to do something with that…that unicycle, Red.  How was Red moving all on his own? Was it some kind of magic, unicorn or—or something else?  Does this mean that all appliances can come alive? (sighs in a moan) Just when I think I’ve got magic figured out something comes along and confuses me all over again.  I need to talk to Opaline about this…if she’s not too busy. As usual.

The lamp watched as discomfort grew all over his new Master and it was discomforting not knowing what was wrong.  He didn’t even know her name, only that she wasn’t feeling well.  He hopped off the nightstand and around the bed and picked up the ball.  He bounced it on his head, hoping to catch the Master’s attention.

Misty looked down at the lamp as it bounced its ball on its head.  It was kind of cute in a way.  It then tossed its ball at her.  She was confused at first, then noticed the lamp shaking in anticipation.  She then threw the ball and the lamp took after it, bouncing on the ball before it came right back.  It was adorable to watch and she smiled at it.

Misty: (giggles) That’s…kind of cute.

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) Yes! The Master’s happy!

Misty: I remember when I bought you from that vendor. He said you had a name. Now, what was it?  Um…Luxo Jr., right?

Luxo Jr. bounced happily, confirming his name.  Misty hopped off her bed, coming to sit next to Luxo Jr.

Misty: Oh, well, I’m Misty.  You know, it’s kind of cool that I have a…well you aren’t talking, but I guess you’re alive so it counts for something, right?

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) I’ve never had a Master talk to me before. This is a strange experience, but she looks loving and caring.

Misty: Maybe this is how Sunny and her friends felt when they got Red.  Are you…powered by magic?

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) What is magic?

To Misty, the lamp looked confused.

Misty: Oh, magic! You don’t know what magic is?

Luxo Jr. shook his head.

Misty: Well, magic is this…this kind of force that can do all sorts of things!  It can lift things off the ground, grow plants, and…well…I-I don’t know what else it can do.  Opaline’s more of the expert on these things.  Speaking of which, where is she?

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) Who is this Opaline person?

Again, the lamp looked confused.

Misty: Oh, Opaline’s my…caretaker, I guess.  She took me in when my…parents abandoned me.

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) That is horrible! No child should ever have to go through that!

Misty: She raised me and told me stories…stories of alicorns hoarding magic and…other…things.

She wiped a tear she didn’t know she had.

Misty: She tells me that friendship is a weakness. That it’s a burden and a hindrance to the all mighty power of magic! Muahahaha…uhh, it sounds even dumber when I do it. You know, Luxo?  Sometimes I think she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. You know, like she doesn’t even see what good friendship can do to a pony?

For the next few hours, Misty continued to talk about her frustrations to the silent but attentive and listening Luxo Jr., who could only nod while bouncing his ball.

Misty: And then she says she doesn’t like strawberry flavored smoothies! I mean, really? It’s the best flavor out there!  Worst of all, whenever she goes off on her adventures, she leaves me behind all on my own, with nothing to do! I’m pretty sure that’s illegal in some places.

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) I do not think she even truly loves you.

Misty: I just don’t know what to do, Luxo. I don’t want to disappoint her, but at the same time I want to be with my friends. And Sparky’s such a cute little fella, but Opaline needs his dragonfire.

She looked out her window and saw that the stars were up.

Misty: (sighs) You know what, I should probably just sleep on it.

Luxo Jr. hopped over to the nightstand as Misty laid down to rest.

Misty: Goodnight, Luxo Jr.

Luxo Jr.: (thoughts) Goodnight, Master Misty.

As Luxo Jr. turned off his light, shrouding the room in darkness, Misty slipped into an uneasy sleep.  She dreamed of Opaline being proud of her for enacting her plans, and of having fun times with her friends.  Opaline was always more mean to her than her friends were, but she promised her a cutie mark if she succeeded in stealing Sparky.

Misty: (thoughts) What am I gonna do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oejTB7NOpzg&t=851s

14.10

Hello, I'm Danny, I'm a big fan of your cinematic adventures. I have a question I would like you to answer for me please .It says at the end of Jurassic Park that Daring Do is dead? But the timeline shows that this series is before the Coronation therefore I thought that Daring Do was actually alive? Please could you check this for me and let me know? You can check this YouTUbe link for evidence. If I am correct, is there a way around this to ensure that Daring Do is bought back to life? Thanks for your help. DANNY

First, thank you Mr. Drama for all of your amazing work, you really are one of the Pilars of Cinematic Adventures.

Here ends the first adventure of the trilogy (or of the hexalogy if there will be Jurassic World). It's a shame the dinosaur park wasn't successful, but at least they were able to figure that out before opening it to the public. And the thing about Spike riding Rexy like a Cowboy was a very funny occurrence. Applejack must be proud (and a little jealous) to see that. I hope that in the future we will be shown how Spike did to convince her and form that "special bond of respect".

However, and with no intention of sounding disrespectful or offensive, I didn't like the ending too much. Daring Do's death has been a nasty surprise, looking forward to seeing her interact with Indiana Jones (although if this is a disinformation campaign and Cora just banished her to another world or didn't make sure she died, the Daring Do comeback is going to be epic)
And on the other, it seems that Regina ALWAYS wins every time she faces the protagonists. She not only gets the scissors back from her, but she now has a castle in Equestria. I know some will feel sorry for her past, and I understand and respect that, but her crimes are too dark and brutal to justify what happened to her, overshadowing any sympathy, especially how far she's willing to go when she tries to get revenge.
I really hope that the next time Regina shows up, she suffers an utter, absolute and humiliating defeat, in the sense that she doesn't achieve any of her goals. It's time that she learns that not even her dark powers can make her win against the Mane 6 (But I wouldn't mind if Celestia and Luna forced her back in the future. Regina is powerful, yes, but they are goddesses).

Hi Mr. E!

Just letting you and Drama know that my commentaries will wait sometime tomorrow. Probably around lunch at noon.

11627689
Me: Loud and clear Shadow, what's up?

11630865
Me:(radio)"How's Sonata doing"?.

11631119
Me: She's well. Why you ask?

11631123
Me:(radio)"if she going to be to there, she going to get a target on her back, luckily I was prepaired for this, do you remember my friend, Vergil"?.

11631166
Me: The sword wielding guy?

Login or register to comment