• Published 29th Dec 2019
  • 2,973 Views, 26 Comments

We Need To Come - SamSwordsman123



Instead of staying behind to protect Flurry, Shining Armor and Cadance come along for the battle against Chrysalis, Cozy Glow and Tirek.

  • ...
5
 26
 2,973

A Changed Battle

Cadance and Shining Armor heard Twilight from within the room.

“I still need a plan.”

It was then that Cadance choose to open the door with a smile.

“That sounds like the pony I used to foalsit for! Count us in!” she said.

Twilight approached them with sad eyes. “No. You need to stay here and protect Flurry Heart. If we don’t… if things don’t work out. She’s Equestria’s last hope if we fail.”

This caused both her brother and sister-in-law to look down. Shining Armor felt his heart break at these words. Tears appeared in his eyes. He was tempted for a moment to accept his sister’s decision. But then something clicked in his mind.

“No!” he said. “If you fall, nothing could stop those three from coming here and hurting the Crystal Empire too! They already took down Canterlot, if you and your friends fall… there’s no way we’re going to be able to protect Flurry Heart! If we want to protect her, we need to come with you.”

“He’s got a point there, when have he and Cadance ever been able to get themselves out of a jam without our help?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Hey!” Shining said.

“What? I’m just saying?” Rainbow Dash shrugged.

Twilight sighed. “Okay, I guess there is safety in numbers. Come on.”

...

They teleported close to the outskirts of Canterlot. Cadance and Shining Armor left Flurry Heart in the care of the servants, each giving her a kiss before they left. They approached Canterlot, walking out the trees along with the Mane 6 and Spike. Shining Armor looked up and his mouth fell open at the sight of the ruined palace where he had served Celestia as Captain of the Guard. The walls, the stain glass windows which depicted his sister’s many accomplishments… they were gone. Also… if-

“Think they know we’re here?” Spike asked fearfully as they suddenly stopped.

That had been on Shining Armor’s mind too. With no walls, the throne room would provide a very high view directly in this direction! If the villains were in there and looking they would see everypony coming a mile away!

As if on que, there was suddenly a flash of yellow light. From it emerged the three empowered villains. Tirek, large as Shining Armor remembered him, Cozy Glow, now an alicorn filly with a horn as well as a small necklace, and Chrysalis, the former Queen of the Changelings. She had armor on her hooves now as well as a green alteration to her crown and her eyes and horn glowed slightly even though she was not channeling magic.

Shining Armor narrowed his eyes at her particular. He wasn’t usually the type to want to attack females, but Chrysalis had turned him against his own sister back at his wedding. He’d been brainwashed, manipulated, or just been plain too stupid to see through her disguise and had said very hurtful words to his sister that not a day went by he wished he could take back. But this was his chance to make Chrysalis pay for what she had done that day. No one turned him against his little sister, or abducted his wife!

“I’d say they have an idea,” Applejack said.

As the villains continued to approach them, Twilight spoke. “That bell has Discord, Celestia and Luna’s magic. If they use it against us…”

“Discord’s magic is so chaotic, he’s the only one who can use it,” Fluttershy said.

That gave Shining a bit of relief. At least they didn’t have to deal with chaos magic.

Chrysalis suddenly spoke. “You just can’t accept that you were beaten before you even realized there was a fight, can you?”

She then noticed him and grinned evilly. “Well, if it isn’t the handsome stallion I once hoped to marry! There might another chance for that, once you are widowed!”

This caused Cadance to shiver slightly, and not from the cold coming from the Wendigos soaring above. Shining Armor growled.

“You’re not gonna hurt my wife or sister if I have anything to say about it!” he shouted. “You’re not the only one with a score to settle Chrysalis!”

“Still angry at me for kidnapping your fiancé and turning you against your sister?” she asked.

Shining Armor nodded. “I’ll do more than send you flying this time! You’ll-

The alicorn filly, Cozy Glow cut him off. “Uh! Can we get on with this please?”

She spun around in the air, charging up a powerful ball of magic which she fired upon them. Twilight teleported all of them to the cover of the trees. Shining Armor saw the villains looking at the spot where they’d been moments ago which was now damaged terrain.

“We need to get that bell and give Discord and the princesses their magic back!” Twilight said.

Shining Armor smiled. His sister was working out an ingenius plan already!

“Rainbow Dash, Pinkie! You’re with me!” Twilight pointed her hoof to the two ponies.

“Sweet!” the blue Pegasus pony said. “I’ll grab that bell in ten seconds-

“No!” Twilight said. “We’re the distraction! The rest of you are going to get the bell.”

Shining Armor frowned. “Hold on, sis! It would be way too obvious a distraction if only you three attack them!”

“What do you have in mind, BBBFF?” Twilight asked.

Shining Armor took a glance out in the villains direction. They were still looking.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are!” Chrysalis called.

Shining Armor looked back at Twilight. “Only one of us will go for the bell while the others distract them. They’ll be too busy fighting all of us to realize one pony missing.”

“Who gets it then?” Fluttershy asked.

Shining looked at her. “You.”

It was settled.

...
Chrysalis growled, her patience wearing. “Come out already little ponies! Stop being cowards!”

“There!” Cozy pointed.

From the trees nearby, seven ponies and a dragon came charging out with war cries. Cozy shot beams of red magic at them, which they zigzagged to dodge. Rainbow Dash flew at Cozy with high speed, causing her to spin around. Spike was on Cozy next, shooting green fire breath at her while Rarity did the same with blue beams. She struggled to dodge them, only to be hit by Rainbow Dash again.

Twilight teleported in front of Tirek who cracked his neck in anticipation. He levitated a group of rocks at Twilight who leapt over each of them and shot a beam of magic at his face. The centaur was knocked down, one his teeth falling out. Applejack swung her lasso and wrapped it around Tirek’s hooves to try and bind them together. But he easily snapped the rope than threw the cowgirl pony around with it before she could release it from her mouth.

Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie, Cadance, and Shining Armor all went for Chrysalis.

“Step right up evil fillies and gentlevillains! Try your luck!” Pinkie cried out in joy, which was very unfit for the situation. She wore a mustache and some sort of suit, where did those even come from? To top it off… how did she even get a spinning board with pictures of her and all her friends faces.

Chrysalis growled and began shooting beams at Pinkie who stuck to the board as she were magnetized to it. Chrysalis’s beam hit where Pinkie was, and disintegrated the board. But Pinkie Pie suddenly popped up from under a rock, completely fine.

“Missed me!” She said.

Chrysalis shot again. Pinkie reappeared from a bush.

“Close but not cherry chimichanga!”

“What the hay?” Shining Armor asked as he watched the ridiculous scene. “How’s Pinkie even able to do that?”

“I think we better just take advantage of the fact she can dear,” Cadance said. “Now… you wanted revenge?”

Shining Armor nodded. With Chrysalis so distracted by Pinkie’s ridiculousness she was focusing on her. This was a perfect chance! Her back was to both of them as she chased the pink pony.

“Never turn your back on a foe, Chrysalis!” Shining said.

Both he and Cadance charged up beams of magic and fired. Their spells hit the changeling and caused her to grunt in pain as she hit the ground. At that moment, Fluttershy flew out toward the bell which the villains had left behind. Chrysalis looked back and saw the royal couple of the Crystal Empire, as well as the yellow Pegasus heading for the bell.

“The bell!” she cried, drawing the attention of Tirek and Cozy Glow.

They looked back and saw their item was under attack, and to protect it they fired beams at Fluttershy. But Shining Armor was there, and defensive magic happened to be his special talent. He put up a large wall that spread out fifty feet. The villains attacks pushed against it. Shining Armor strained to maintain the shield under their immense power but he managed.

“Go!” Cadance shouted to Fluttershy. “Get it to the others! We’ll deal with them!”

Fluttershy nodded. She took the Bewitching Bell in her hooves and flew toward Canterlot.

Cozy Glow tried to soar above the shield to get to Fluttershy. But Rainbow Dash got her from behind, putting her hooves around the filly to restrain her. She than began spanking her.

“Ow!”

“You didn’t get enough of these from your parents did you?” Rainbow asked.

She brought Cozy down to Rarity who put her horn on Cozy’s. There was a blue flash and Cozy suddenly looked dizzy.

“A little magic put into a unicorn’s horn directly always leaves them drowsy and unable to focus!” Rarity said. “Even alicorns aren’t immune to that!”

Twilight knocked down Tirek again, and Applejack leapt onto his face hard, knocking him out. Chrysalis was back on her hooves. She looked back and saw her teammates were down. But she refused to give up, her eyes narrowing. She prepared to fire another beam. But Shining Armor was ready, he put up another, smaller shield. This time encasing Chrysalis alone. But it wasn’t mean to protect her, it was to trap her with her own attack. When she fired, her beam hit her instead. She collapsed and looked knocked out. Shining Armor looked at the sigh with a smile.

It was over. They had won, Shining Armor realized with a smile.

“Well… good thing you both came along. We won rather easy with you,” Twilight said as she approached him.

Shining Armor nodded and hugged her.

“Glad to be useful for once. I always had to have you save me. Now… lets get those three to the dungeon where they belong!”

“Uh! Tirek might be a little too heavy to carry,” Applejack said. “It would take quite a few unicorns to lift him up with magic.”

“Well, it seems we came by just in time than!” a familiar voice called.

Everypony looked up. They saw an unexpected sight. Everycreature in Equestria, lead by Chancellor Neighsay.

“We came to help you at the urging of one of Twilight’s students, but it seems that wasn’t necessary,” Neighsay said. “Seems she had all the help she needed with her family.”

Twilight smiled. “Thanks anyway, all of you could have come in handy if Shining and Cadence hadn’t been here. Shining’s plan really worked!”

Among the crowd, Twilight Velvet and Night Light looked at their son proudly. They bound the three villains and took them back to the cells where their powers disable by the shards until a proper sentence was handed down. They would be trapped in those cells forever, arguing with each other. The last thing they wanted, together forever.

Author's Note:

Well, this my idea of what could have happened if Shining Armor and Cadence had actually come and been useful for once. Tried to add a little humor with the Pinkie thing. Might try some more comedy sooner or later. Let me know your thoughts!

Comments ( 26 )

oooh, a remake
interesting

Really good job on this Alternate Universe one-shot. VERY good job on the action, characterizations, exchanges and general wrap-up. Yeah, I'm glad Shining and Cadance got a proper chance to shine here while still giving the Mane Six their own proper opportunities to come through.

Maybe a bit too much dialogue but it is a short story and i liked it, so it isn't a issue at all.
I enjoy your vision of the final "fight", your way to write and the slice of humor you add.

Sorry for any mistakes, English ain't my mother tongue and I struggle writting my own stories.
Liked and followed for more stories from you ^^

Pretty decent AU story. Though some of the writing (especially the humour) felt a little awkward, and some of the spacing is off.

10047528
Thanks. I'll take a look at that. It was my first attempt at a comedy here.

Very good job with this story! I truly enjoyed it. This would’ve actually added more tension and “personal business” had Michael Vogel decided to add Shining and Cadence considering their past experience with Chrysalis. Oh, and just one more thing for the sake of laughs:

“We came to help you at the urging of one of Twilight’s students, but it seems that wasn’t necessary,” Neighsay said. “Seems she had all the help she needed with her family.”

Well, Neighsay, the only help you guys gave was wasting your time for nothing, especially the non-ponies who had nothing to do with your race war. Soooo...great job.

10059267
Thank you very much, this was my first attempt at writing a comedy.

Getting the feel of that Batman Rebirth comic where Penguin, Scarecrow and Two-Face get trapped in a house and their own psychoses start working against them to keep them trapped - all as a literal Halloween's Day trick so Bruce Wayne could have the day off.

It worked.

And so did this.

“Step right up evil fillies and gentlevillains! Try your luck!” Pinkie cried out in joy, which was very unfit for the situation. She wore a mustache and some sort of suit, where did those even come from? To top it off… how did she even get a spinning board with pictures of her and all her friends faces.

I question that so many times ever since the first season lol I decided to give up dang it Pinkie :pinkiehappy:

Oh right wow that was an awesome battle so they will be prepared for the battle hopefully beating the villains and get in the Bell but With a Little Help from Cadence and Shining Armor they were able to defeat Legion of Doom which that would have been a perfect opportunity to use those two specially what Chrysalis did to them and the outcome could be a different but this was awesome nice job on it

“Close but not cherry chimichaka!”

Cherry chimichanga*

10604598
Oh thanks and I put not instead of no there. Didnt know the proper spelling of that last word.

Well, this my idea of what could have happened if Shining Armor and Cadence had actually come and been useful for once. Tried to add a little humor with the Pinkie thing. Might try some more comedy sooner or later. Let me know your thoughts!

I thought you did a pretty good job on that humor just to lighten up the story 😊

i notice many rewrites of the ending of the edn have twilight not becoming leader, wich i actually dont like, because personally, twilight becoming leader of equestria was the perfect way to send her story off, she went from plucky student to supreme being, its her reward for embracing friendship. maybe i'm a little too apologetic of the writing of the show, but i couldn't imagine a better ending then that

10887738
Yeah I dont understand people that have a problem with Celestia and Luna retiring.

10887916
i suppose its because they felt that celestia and luna acted like doorknobs during most situations, and they dont like concept of twilight outliving her friends, and i think a small part of it is twilight tall design unerves viewers slightly.

10888287
Yeah I kinda have a problem with Twilight outliving her friends myself but not with her becoming ruler or getting taller really. I fixed the outliving problem in my main story as well. Luster Dawn New Days.

10888518
i'd like to see the mane six live forever alongside her, although that unfortunately means their family dying. although again, they are twilight's friends, and with enough coaxing would agree to it. i read a fic where twilight absorbed all her friends "essense" when they were nearing death, very uplifting fic. another one, although it's not mane six, was "hoard of friends" in wich smolder doesn't want to outlive her friends

10889223
also i noticed twilights immortality is a concern with you through your descriptive bio. you certainly know your priorities

10889223
Well I'm not much for the idea of them all becoming immortal. I'm a death acceptor, immortality is a curse to me, better to just break it in my mind. Also, just wondering are you being sarcastic on the priorities or serious?I do have a fic where they all get increased lifespans though, Will Relations Die.

10889261
i am a little big on the "friends forever" theme, but mainly i like when themes of friendship itself are discussed further, theres in fact this amazing fic, and even though its a sex fic, its still amazing to read, its all about twilight developing a more than friendly relationship with her friends from her alicorn power. its heartwarming as well as alluring.

10889545
by the way, thanks for the watch

That would have been awesome to have Shining Armor and Cadence did join in to settle the score with chrysalis such a huge Miss opportunity and hey you did a pretty good job

Login or register to comment