• Published 6th Dec 2019
  • 1,754 Views, 171 Comments

In Place Of A Princess, You Shall Have A Queen! - Seahorn



An earth pony leaves Equestria and returns as a changeling queen. Can she change Equestria, or will it change her?

  • ...
7
 171
 1,754

Chapter 16: Too late of a victory

13th of the third moon, 1551 A.E. (After Equestria) - 10:00 p.m., Canterlot Castle


"Is this... the only one left?"

Chrysalis looked in shock at her prize collected beneath her. In front of her lay a mare in her 80's, all tied up and blindfolded. Her wrinkles and tired disposition were nothing akin to the arrogant yet beautiful disposition she remembered of the Canterlot nobles.

"I am pretty sure she is, your majesty. I've searched all the records, and among the ponies that were present at the 'test' for princess Pillar, only one was still alive at this point. I had a hard time carrying her over here, since she couldn't even walk on her own," Her spymaster Nerys said that last part with a frown for particular emphasis, rubbing her neck with a forehoof.

Chrysalis chuckled slightly. Even under the former queen, Nerys was known for her stealthiness and quick wit, perfect for secret missions like this. However, physical prowess was definitely not her forte.

"My apologies for making you labor for this... personal objective of mine. You are dismissed, and may have some rest. The hive needs you tomorrow."

Nerys bowed and took a few steps back, yet she blushed, and didn't immediately walk away.

"My queen, I am sorry to speak about this, but there's a full-blown party going on the upstairs dining hall. Thorax is said to be making love-infused cocktails free of charge... S-so I was thinking about joining it, instead of immediately going to my sleeping quarters, under your permission, of course."

Chrysalis gently massaged her temples with her forehoof. It was apparent that the changeling bureaucracy was still accustomed to the harsh restrictions imposed by the former queen. During situations of constant crisis, the system was terrifyingly efficient, yet that situation was the very thing she wanted to change.

"What you do whilst you are dismissed is none of my business. Don't indulge yourself too much though. Remember, we are still in enemy territory."

"Of course, your majesty."

As Nerys' dimming hoofsteps echoed through the dungeon corridor, Chrysalis turned back, took a deep breath, and began to hack away at the blindfolds on the eyes of her captive with the knife in her teeth. She could use her magic to get the job done effortlessly, but she desperately needed somewhere to vent her frustration.

How dare they.

How dare they secretly age and die in their comfy beds and cushions while she couldn't get to them. She had pictured it all. All hundreds who had wronged and tortured her would have been chained up in front of her, some pleading for mercy and forgiveness, others thrashing about and shouting curses. She would have nevertheless burnt them all, and as their flesh melted away and their bones ground to dust, she would have relished in the pleasure and grandeur of revenge.

Yet as the blindfolds gave way and she came face-to-face with her captive, Chrysalis' grin reached ear to ear as she felt the burning rage, and the sweet taste of gleeful vengeance billow inside of her once more. Even after the relentless onslaught of time, she could never forget that prideful, cold expression of Cadance's mother. The single pony left in this world that she hated the most.

"Pleased to meet you again, Odio la Cadenza."

The mare looked confused for a moment, but her horn lit up in fury as she saw the face of her captor.

"I know nothing of a fiend like you, and you will pay for imprisoning my child!"

With those words, she cast a stun spell at Chrysalis, which was immediately caught then thrown right back at her with some incendiaries mixed in.

She began to cough and scream in pain, as the stream of flaming hot air started to burn up her lungs. Just when she was about to faint from shock, the searing magic stopped. Chrysalis stepped closer to her victim, lowering her muzzle to lock eyes with the terrified mare.

"Hmm, how unfortunate, I sincerely hoped this would be a more... civilized discussion."

With those words, Chrysalis slammed Cadance's mother muzzle-first onto the stone floor, putting her holed hoof on her victim's horn. She began to press down, slowly increasing the pressure as a deafening screech of pain filled the cell.

"Scream all you want. No one can hear you," she said coldly. She did not want this mare to die painlessly like the others. No, she wanted this mare to suffer.

After a few moments of agony, the horn finally snapped in two with a sickening crack. The elder mare began to sob as crimson-red blood began to leak from her broken horntip.

Leaving the mare behind in pain, Chrysalis sat down on her stool, taking out a bunch of newspaper articles found in the Canterlot library.

"Publish date: 4th of the tenth moon, 1529. 'There has been much controversy over the outrageous nomination of a non-unicorn engineer to the position of princess (...) Extensive investigation by our best reporters have shown that she was born out of wedlock and raised without parents, a ridiculous farce of a candidate to hold any responsibility, let alone this one...'"

She chuckled. "My, it was fun back then, how nothing but a single voice could create an unstoppable torrent of hatred and lies... It seems that you, the editor of the <Canterlot Daily>, were the first thrower of a mound of stones that buried a pony alive."

"Wh-what are you talking about?" said a frightened Odio.

Chrysalis grabbed her head with both her hooves, and thrust her sharp and jagged horn into the still-bleeding wound on her forehead. Another scream of pain quickly followed suite. "Cater Pillar, the earth pony you so viciously slandered! The one you accused of murder without solid proof! The one who ran away because of it! Why? Why did you do that to her?"

"Because she was an idiot who didn't know her place!"

She froze. She pulled her horntip out of Odio's forehead.

"When she didn't get to be princess, she threw a hissy-fit and murdered my dear husband! Because of her, my daughter and I are the only ones left in our family! What does that little sniveling demon have to do with anything?"

Chrysalis' pupils shrank to a pinpoint. Her breathing became heavy. Her teeth clenched until it began to grind against itself. Without any other method to show her anger, she began to laugh. First a chuckle, then a wheeze, and finally releasing pent-up, maniacal laughter, with bitter tears streaming down her cheeks.

"You know what, maybe you were right all along. Maybe she was a demon, an evil one, too. and now... she has come back to finish you for good."

Ignoring the plea of her last remaining strand of reason, Chrysalis engulfed herself in green flames, and forged a shape she hadn't taken in so many years. An 'insane' earth pony mare with a yellow coat and a scrawny black mane. This time, however, Cater Pillar's emerald eyes were filled not with fear, but with all-consuming rage.

"As a master, you took away the parents of a lone child. As a journalist, you took away the honor of a prized student. As a judge, you took away the freedom of an innocent mare. Each step of my life, you took away EVERYTHING. I. HAD!"

Pillar was still shedding tears as she transformed back into her form of a changeling queen, in front of an utterly shocked Odio.

Confident once more within her menacing chrysalis, she regained some composure, and then passed the verdict with her chilling dual tone.

"Everything you took and every wound you've cut, I returned it all with my own hooves. Now watch from the deepest depths of Tartarus as I consume this kingdom from the inside."

With those words, she finally rammed her sharp, jagged horn into the heart of the mother of her once-best friend.

Author's Note:

Sorry to disappoint all 'reconciliation with Cadance' fans, but after many drafts, I thought this was the only logical way that Chrysalis would act when she met Cadance's mother. However, Pillar's choice of violence will have consequences in the future...

Also, I keep referring to Chrysalis as queen, even though she is no longer technically queen anymore. Well, that's because she is de facto queen, since the changelings believe her to be so. Problem solved.

P.S. Tell me in the comments if you think posting a mature content sticker on this fic is necessary. If many people think so, than I will be sure to oblige. However, it is worth remembering that there are no such graphic depictions past this very episode.

Comments ( 29 )

Maybe dark but it shows how arrogant old social status commits and get away with their crimes. The rich murders poor for amusement, higher class prevent lower class from climbing. I say it was worth it.

Nah on mature. Not enough. Heck I wanted Odio to get a lot more. Good chapter.

Mature?

Nah...

It's barely violent compare to the other fic.

Seriously! I've read worse.

Keep in mind, it just my opinion, you can actually remove the trigger warning because it not that so violent and in turn might turn away some reader before they even read this.

Also, I keep referring to Chrysalis as queen, even though she is no longer technically queen anymore.

Um... can someone remind me why? I kinda forget.

when they find out who chrissy actuly is it will be interesting to see if they get rid of her or admit that her downward spirel is their falt

10432201
This story is how a common Earth Pony rejected by Canterlot Nobility from becoming the 1st Earth Pony princess becomes the Queen of the Changelings

ok just so we are clear when chrysalis was an earth pony she was told to raise the sun by the councel and celestia tryed to stop her because it would have likely killed her? does that mean that the councel could be jailed for attemptid murder because even if they didnt know it could have killed her it would have still ended as such without celestais intervention? if that is so and if this mare was on that councel while not leagal i can understand that it could seem like she got karma for her attemtid murder. also at that point wasent she adoptid by the princess making her royalty? regicide?
sorry was just thinking

10432211
Thanks, but what I mean the

she is no longer technically queen anymore.

She wasn't the queen of the hive anymore?

10432227
Its Chrysalis' origins

This chapter isn't that graphic, trust me I had seen worse, this chapter is nothing more than dark. If you're asking on what is considered graphic and warrants the same warning here's some exp: mutilation, excessive of blood, hardcore mind break, genitalia abuse, and torture (like waterboarding, a bucket of rats and cutting off limbs from fingers and etc.).

It's good to see the progression of the story and the consequences of its actions, can't wait to see celestialnd the canterlot nobles faces when they hear who's Chrysalis is.

keep going, cause once you've had time to figure out what you've done there's a chance your going to regret it. Ride this explosive cocktail of emotions for all its worth.

Other than that, yeah I could see this Chrysalis being like this since she was screwed over from day one. That mysterious disease can't get rid of all of her probelms. Just as long as she remembers the former changeling queen's words then she shouldn't screw herself over.

10432201
She gave her crown to celly on chapter 14, because 1. As a part of an agreement to keep her raising the sun, and 2. She needs Celestia's formal agreement to make govering Equestria a tad bit easier.

Wow guys, I didn't think it would be this one-sided in terms of the "Mature" topic. If that's the readers' choice, though, I am but a servant of their will... No mature content stickers for the forseeable future, then.

10432221
Well, that part has a little more explaining to be done in future chapters... and Equestrian society has changed a fair bit during the 50 years of Pillar's absence. Her adaptation into this new setting will be a core part in the latter half of this story arc.

10432267
i look forward to seeing how celestia deals with chrysalis being a semi decent ruler to the ponies and being a great ruler to the changlings also her having to tell luna about how her adoptid daughter turned out this way

Chrysalis gets some payback now

10432262
Gotcha, thanks need some reread once more.

Justice served.

And reconciliation is not off the table. Hard but not gone. Cadance KNOWS what her parents did to Chrysalis.

Noooo.....¡I need moree!

10432850
No.


She knows what they did to Cater Pillar. Until that revelation takes place it will seem unprovoked.

Love the story, but I do believe there is a chance for reconciliation, once they find out chrysalis is cater piller, they could try to do everything they can to get her back to her old personality

will we not see the continuation of this story again?

Does anyone know other stories where Chrysalis was a student of Celestia as a child? It seems to me that such a concept is very interesting and original, that I would like to find something similar (it is desirable that the story has a logical end)

this story was started written in 2019, which mean author already knows about many powerful villains this chysalis will be facing.

and yet, it was dropped right after the conclusion of equestria takerover. like many canterlot invasion au stories.

Aw poo, I hoped I hadn't reached the current end of this fic. It's very good. I hope one day you visit and continue this fic. To tracking then.

Anyway, was Cadance's mother the only one killed during the takeover? If so, Cadance would be very suspicious on why her mother was killed(or missing if the news don't spread) specifically. It may be a long trail. But it is a trail that will lead to Cater Pillar.

Part 1 of revenge is complete, though wonder what next due to other folks of revenge died peacefully. Possibly cause some hell, but at least this is better than the chrysalis wins timeline where she somehow let the entire world grow to a forestation and junk.

New chapter please?

Login or register to comment