• Published 14th Sep 2019
  • 1,759 Views, 194 Comments

Diaries of an Equestrian Overlord - KitsuneRisu



Take a look at the entire events of Season 1... through the eyes of a Princess.

  • ...
6
 194
 1,759

PreviousChapters Next
11th February

6.00 AM

I have issued Code Pink today.

Under this alert status, Spike is to drop everything he is doing and focus entirely on gathering as much information as Dragonly possible due to a sudden rise in activity coming from the Scourge.

There was absolutely no indication what brought about this sudden jump in activity, but for the next few days all of Spike's hands must remain steady on the wheel of guidance, and work with Twilight Sparkle to study this phenomenon.

This has been the largest reaction that anypony has seen the Scourge having for quite a long time, and now that I have Twilight Sparkle and Spike close enough to her, something can actually be done.

And finally, perhaps with any small amount of luck, I will learn about the strange and mysterious magic that surrounds the Scourge.

The only one single Pony who has the natural ability to thwart my schemes.

The one single thorn in my side, who does not even know what she is capable of, nor what she is doing.

The one single Pony who remains the constant disruption in everything I do for Equestria.

The Scourge.

Pinkamina.

Diane.

Pie.

I hope to one day be able to make use of Pinkamina's abilities for myself, of course. But to that end, in order to control, one must first understand.

I have informed Spike that for the next 48 hours, he is to do everything in his power to study the Scourge, and manipulate Twilight to accompany and aid him. Having been around Twilight for so long, I trust that Spike knows what to do to accomplish this, despite recent oddities in his behaviour.

I hope my trust in him is not misgiven.

I await his first report.

In the meantime, I shall be monitoring them through my telescopic spyglass.


11.30 PM

Spike has documented his findings so far.

To summarize:

Her abilities and powers are known collectively in Ponyville as 'Pinkie Sense'. It appears that the villagers treat this as some sort of odd supernatural ability that allows her to gain glimpses into the future, but this is definitely not the case.

This Pinkie Sense is most definitely a magical quality, and magic found in an Earth Pony is exceedingly rare, with only one or two known cases documented every hundred years. This odd power that stems from the entire body instead of merely the horn has caused magical Earth Ponies to be exceedingly powerful (ref: Fuselight; the self detonating Pony; 3088) but always never aware of their abilities (ref: Fiddle Castro; the Pied Piper Pony; 3253).

While every other Pony regards her Pinkie Sense as a quirk of nature, I believe that it is this Pinkie Sense which actually warns her about tragedy rather than foretelling the future. It clues her in through slight vibrations in the body and changes in her physiology that give her 'gut feelings' that attract her towards anything she personally deems 'not right' in her sub-consciousness.

Spike was able to clearly mark down a few specific cases, which lends credence to this theory.

Every single 'bad thing' that happened was accompanied by a clear indication, which was both repeatable as well as observable.

This is most definitely magic.

Now, how this applies to previous cases, I do not know.

For example, during the Zecora incident, how was she able to diminish spells in her sleep? This might suggest that these physical reactions are not necessary to the process of the magic protecting Pinkie Pie and sundry.

In addition, why did her 'Pinkie Sense' not aid directly in the removal of the Dragon, or the defeat of Luna? Must the 'bad thing' only be directed toward her personally? During the Luna incident she was able to revert the magic that I placed upon the trees, but not through laughter that she believed it to be.

Either way, Spike has been more than able to coerce Twilight into helping out. He tells me the key is to play upon Twilight's personal hatred of anything supernatural; as observed during the Zecora incident.

He has also made copies of Twilight's findings and sent them to me, in order for me to compile all notes on her actions even during the lack of Spike's presence.

I will reward him thusly for his fine duties.

The following is a list of all observed 'facts' so far, in minor detail (for full details and reports, they can be found filed with the Anti-Scourge Task Force department).

It is unknown if some of the more 'automatic' effects have a respective action. If her magic works to aid in her protection, perhaps some of them could be achieved through other means than directly informing her as a host (see points 8 - 9). Certain effects definitely seem to be aimed at her environment rather than at herself. This also suggests that her ability stretches beyond the immediate, and can take place before the event occurs as preparation.

More study is in order, but much has been gained today. I am satisfied with our findings, and my Anti-Scourge Task Force is hard at work to make sense of all this.

PreviousChapters Next