• Published 14th Sep 2019
  • 1,757 Views, 194 Comments

Diaries of an Equestrian Overlord - KitsuneRisu



Take a look at the entire events of Season 1... through the eyes of a Princess.

  • ...
6
 194
 1,757

PreviousChapters Next
23rd January

9.00 AM

It is time, once again, to attempt to grow the town of Ponyville. They simply need to expand, and so far simply throwing bits at them has not been working, but not because it is a bad idea.

It is because these Ponies are utter simpletons.

There is one Pony, however, in all of Ponyville who does not seem to follow local cliques, adapt to social patterns or conform to base society. I believe I will try something with her.

The Pony called Rarity is a diva, but I must admit her ability to create clothing is praise-worthy, if only because she seems to have chosen what must be the least applicable job in the entirety of Ponyville.

She mainly exports her clothing to the surrounding towns, such as Manehattan, Phillydelphia and the like. And while Manehattan wishes they were elite, and does a great song and dance of it, they do not even have half the clout that a true city has.

A true city like... Canterlot?

Indeed.

This will be the plan.

Let us encourage fashion.

In order for a city to start spending more money within the city, one must introduce a new form of good or service that has not previously been tapped. Unfortunately, the yokels of Ponyville wouldn't know fashion if it left horseshoe prints on their faces.

However, taking advantage of their incessant need to wish to be like the Ponies of fairer cities and to follow 'trends', all I have to do is cause a new fashion revolution in the town. All the Ponies will suddenly be trading in clothing and fashion accessories, and a new trade sphere will be born.

And this Rarity will be the one to carry out this ideal.

I am tired of trying to go through Applejack. While she still remains the sole bourgeoisie of the town, most of her bits goes into buying replacement parts for her grandmother, who simply refuses to die.

I will send Spike along to fetch one of Canterlot's largest mavens to my court.

PreviousChapters Next