• Published 14th Sep 2019
  • 1,757 Views, 194 Comments

Diaries of an Equestrian Overlord - KitsuneRisu



Take a look at the entire events of Season 1... through the eyes of a Princess.

  • ...
6
 194
 1,757

PreviousChapters Next
lunAside: I

Author's Note:

This bit needs even more explanation.

I wrote a companion piece to the original Diaries from the perspective of Luna that was called lunAside, which at the time I thought was a fun little portmanteau of the words 'Luna' and 'Aside'.

It was meant to do three things:

1. Act as a 'bridge' of sorts between Diaries and the Diaries of Season 2, which unfortunately never saw the light of day.

2. Be a kind of interesting murder mystery sort of thing and show what Luna was up to during the events of Diaries, and tie up some loose ends.

3. Act as a sort of 'soft link' to another one of my stories: These City Walls.

I'm also adding this here just because, you know. It was part of the originals. However, this story relied even more on formatting, as it was more like a collection of texts from different perspectives, each of which were distinguished by font. I can't do that here, so a bit of the effect is lost. However, I will be using the chapter titles to set them apart instead. Take note of the patterns!

Thank you!

I

It is the beginning of the end. The first step after the longest journey of my life. I have finally reached the point where I am ready to throw myself down upon you and you will accept me as yours for the rest of eternity.

I write this down so that you may know of my love for you. Every word, everything in my life, all for you. For you.

I love you.

I love you. Ever since the day I first laid eyes upon your magnificence, I could not tear them away. I was enthralled by your gorgeous white flesh, your rainbow-coloured hair, your shiny golden hoof-spats. I know I was only a young one when I first went to the Summer Sun Celebration, when my poor parents, bless them, decided that it was time for me to leave my basement and experience the world.

Before I went to this Celebration, all I needed was myself. I will admit this to you with a heavy heart, because I know you will not forgive me for not having love for you from the very start, but I beg your tolerance and your patience and your understanding.

I am but a weak Pony, and I had simply never known.

It was many years ago and now, in these late hours, I cannot remember most of it. I know there were rides. Rides that went in a circle up to down. Rides that went in a circle side to side. I did not see the point. I did not care. To me, the world was strange. Foreign. It was frightening. It was odd. There were so many other ponies around me.

Looking at me.

Staring at me.

Some even spoke to me, asking me if I wanted to buy something from them. No. No I did not. I hid behind my parents. They were not happy. I knew even then that they hated me. They hated me so much. Always talking behind my back. Always trying to drag me away from the safety of my basement. My mother, a unicorn, even tried to use magic to force me out of the house. I resisted.

And I could hear them talking.

"I don't know what to do"

"What has become of our son?"

They were plotting behind my back. And even then at the Celebration, they were plotting still.

But it was a miracle, my love, for had I simply resisted that day as I had throughout my life, I would have never been witness to the only one reason for my existence.

It was dawn. A large crowd was standing in front of a podium. A young purple filly, about my age, pushed by me and ran to the front with wide eyes and an eager gait. Something magnificent was happening.

I could feel it.

Then, my love, you came onto the stage. You came and raised your eyes to the sky, horn pointing upward with a magic glow. I will never forget the sight.

Enveloped in a shining halo of glory and sunlight, you cast yourself, your very essence down upon me. I saw you looking at me from your perch high above, and that was when I knew.

I knew that you were calling for me.

I knew that you were sending me a message.

And yes, I received that message. I love you.

I love you and I have always loved you since that day.

I wanted to rush up to you and tell you, yes. I understand. I know what you are saying. I will stay with you. I will be with you.

But I knew it wasn't the time. Not yet.

There were many things I had to do. I had to grow up, and learn about you, and serve to be your perfect mate. I had to devote my life to know everything about you.

And only then would I be ready.

Only then



Would you be able to receive my love.



All my love.

PreviousChapters Next