• Published 14th Sep 2019
  • 1,757 Views, 194 Comments

Diaries of an Equestrian Overlord - KitsuneRisu



Take a look at the entire events of Season 1... through the eyes of a Princess.

  • ...
6
 194
 1,757

PreviousChapters Next
2nd April

9.00 AM

Well, the new month is here, and the day has finally arrived when Spike's scheduled appointment to the Appleloosa Township is upon him. He is going as part of Applejack's trip to visit her relatives up in the area and give them offerings of apple trees or whatever her archaic little prairie-folk customs are.

Spike's purpose is to help gather information about the angry Buffalo Tribe, native to the land, and give me enough information to get them out of dodge.

Really, they have no business bothering the town.

I mean sure, they were there first, and have been for hundreds of years, and sure, technically our kind invaded their space without asking, and sure, we're probably insulting their heritage and defaming their culture, but you know what?

We're still going to do it anyway, because that's the Pony way.

Something sounds wrong about that. I can't put my hoof on it, but it seems very... much... wrong.

Why am I doing this again?

Oh right, because apples are important.

No, that doesn't seem serious enough.

Well, you know what, there's no point questioning what's done. I'll probably remember why we're doing this later.

Either way, the Appleloosans are asking me nicely to help me get these Buffalo off their backs, because they were rightfully there second, and that means they have stake in the land, or something or other.

I'm not sure. Granger logic.

I'm not going to question it, but I do hope this resolves without fighting breaking out, because nothing ruins a good day like a small war in a neighbouring state.

Not to mention, I'm beginning to think that maybe we could have just gone in the other direction, where there are actually no Buffalo, but again, these Appleloosans aren't the shiniest apples in the barrel.

Alright, enough musing.

I have to be impartial about this. I am, after all, Princess Celestia, and one of my civic duties is to oversee the growth and maintenance of my Ponies.

So, let me recap the issue.

The Appleloosans have reported that in the year since they erected their town peacefully, no problems have been quartered by the local natives, the Buffalo. However, ever since they started planting their crops, which is, of course, the primary focus of a town trying to start a self-sustaining economy, the Buffalo have been all up in legs about it.

The Appleloosans claim that they don't know the reason why, although some guesses come to mind.

  1. They have planted the apple trees over a sacred burial ground, which is why the trees grow so well in the first place, and they are now harvesting and eating the souls of long dead Buffalo.
  2. The Buffalo fear the autonomous growth of a small town, and are concerned that its continued expansion will eventually cause them to be pushed into areas further away, since they know that they cannot compete due to the fact that they refuse to modernize.
  3. They are really, really hungry.

But whatever the reason, they are now quite irate about something or other, and are committing acts of violence toward the Ponies of Appleloosa including, but not limited to, raiding, stampeding, theft, destruction of public property, and yelling really loudly at three in the morning.

Spike's primary job is that of reconnaissance. His main duties are to verify the authenticity of these claims, attempt contact with the Buffalo Tribe, but if possible, he is to try to mediate a non-violent means to end the conflict with both sides working out a compromise.

If a compromise cannot be reached, I might have to make a public appearance to sort things out, and I really wouldn't want to, because the air there makes my hair frizzle.

Spike is travelling there under the guise of being Twilight's escort, whereas Twilight is going because everyone else is going, and everyone else is going because Applejack is going, and Applejack is going because her relatives in Appleloosa have asked her to visit.

Pretty straightforward, if you ask me.

PreviousChapters Next