• Published 14th Sep 2019
  • 1,757 Views, 194 Comments

Diaries of an Equestrian Overlord - KitsuneRisu



Take a look at the entire events of Season 1... through the eyes of a Princess.

  • ...
6
 194
 1,757

PreviousChapters Next
lunAside: Entry 1

Entry 1

Finally, some paper! You miss the simple things in life when you're away for so long. Writing has always been a hobby of mine and I can't wait to get my thoughts down for good. A thousand years of thoughts is going to stack up to a lot, I'm sure!

I better start with the basics, though.

It's a time of turmoil. I guess that's an understatement! Silly little Big Sis didn't take very nicely to my release. Thought I would be up to no good. Absolutely forgot everything. Every single thing.

I can't blame her, no matter what. I know deep down she doesn't want to be like this, and I think it has to be somepony who knows what really happened who will fix it.

Don't worry, I'm looking out for you, Big Sis!

Whether you like it or not! hehehehe!

The guards here are sympathetic. It took less than a few hours of just talking to get them to agree to let me have some paper and a simple quill. I mean, talking is the basics of a good relationship. I truly believe that a lot of things can be solved simply by opening up simple conversation.

The guards don't think I'm bad. I've been well behaved, and I've made no effort to escape from this ah... prison, I guess you could call it.

It's really not so much of a prison as it is a large stone room with some shackles and bars and some hay in the corner to sleep on. The only really weird thing is that the toilet is immaculate. Everything else looks like it could use a sweep and a polish, but that toilet. I can see my horn in it.

I could get out easily, but I'm just going to stay put for now. A few months is nothing compared to a thousand years. Anyway, this is quite homely and I have a guard to chat with.

But really, I'm just so happy to be able to write again. I found a crack in the wall where I can stash these pieces of paper when silly Big Sis comes to check up on me. She never really liked the writing thing herself.

I could never see her actually putting her thoughts to paper!

That would be a really disturbing thing, too. I don't think anyone should really know what's on her mind. She's got a weird mind, she does.

Hehehehehe.

Boy, this new body. I feel different. I feel really good actually. My mind's a thousand times clearer, I feel lighter and more sprightly, and I'm sure this has something to do with a lot of factors, but I think I am enjoying this for now. Maybe I won't even turn myself back! That ought to be a laugh.

Well, it's the first day.

It's nice to be able to breathe again. Space is stuffy.

A thousand years ago. That's when it started. Right? No use harbouring bad feelings, that was water under the bridge and I'm sure anyone of us could understand at the time. I mean, we didn't ASK to be leaders, and if anything, I was the one who got a break from all the nonsense of the world. Poor Celestia had to go and do everything by herself. What a chore! I'd go mad too, I think.

That spell she hit me with came from deep within. It was those kind of spells which you don't think about, the kind where... emotion takes over the mind, and you just do things; where magic takes the shape of raw feeling and overwhelms your horn and makes it spurt out little fizzy bits and sparks and magical glow-stuffs.

Grenadine and I were walking along the edge of the Everfree Forest that one time, with Celestia, wondering what to do about the whole situation. Of course, we knew that the council had been arguing over the issue day and night and day and night until ugh, none of the three of us could take it anymore. None of us wanted to have anything to do with it, but you could see Celestia was really really stressed out.

Well, it was an accident. I think somewhere deep down, I felt it. It wasn't a blast to kill us. It was a blast to send us away to a place where we wouldn't have to worry about the whole nonsense issue anymore. I guess the execution really didn't match the intention there, but well, awww. It was sweet of her!

I was sent to the moon. Not sure why. And boy, that was weird. That was so, so weird. It was sort of like being ON the moon, but also IN the moon, and PART of the moon as well. Whatever the moon saw, I could see clearly. Whatever the moon thought (yes, moons have thoughts, silly) I also thought.

Of course what it thought mostly was "Round and round I go. Tum de tum tum." for about 23 hours of every day, so that got old fast.

I did not exist physically on the moon in the sense that I do now. It was like the merging of a thought and a spirit. I really can't explain and I don't think any amount of description will serve to elaborate enough on it, so!

But boy, what I saw.

Dear me, Celestia. I know you took it hard but you really took it hard.

The conclusion I came to when I was up there was that she had just simply snapped from all the stress.

She started attacking all the cities around, driving the Humans out left and right, and then started attacking empty cities as if they were populated. I think she must have been suffering from delusions or something, but all the while she was shouting "Luuuunnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" while zapping rubble and empty buildings with her horn and those strange bauble things she found.

I'm fairly certain she's convinced that she wiped them all out, but she really has no idea.

Well either way!

A thousand years of madness is no way to live. I'm pretty refreshed after my extended vacation, and I, of course, have had plenty of time to think, so really, I think it's time to put my ideas into action.

Operation Save the Princess, Save the World is GO!

But first, I really got to eat. I'm starving.

Oats. Please let there be oats for dinner tonight. Please.

PreviousChapters Next