• Published 14th Sep 2019
  • 1,756 Views, 194 Comments

Diaries of an Equestrian Overlord - KitsuneRisu



Take a look at the entire events of Season 1... through the eyes of a Princess.

  • ...
6
 194
 1,756

PreviousChapters Next
7th January

9.00 AM

Tomorrow is the annual Cutie Mark Counsel day.

Tomorrow is when my agent, Cheerilee, reminds all the young fillies about the acquisition of Cutie Marks. Of course, everypony in the know knows that Cutie Marks can indeed be manipulated, and flukes have happened in the past, but that does not allow me to easily keep tabs on the individual abilities of my subjects.

It is best for all Ponies everywhere to have the marks come naturally, in such that it is a truer and more accurate representation of their abilities.

And I hate, I hate interpretation.

I hate it more than not having ice cream.

It is for this reason that every batch of fillies who enter the new year has a day set aside by Cheerilee to explain the merits of waiting for a Cutie Mark, rather than forcing one.


6.15 PM

Spike has asked me exactly why Cheerilee was the one chosen to be the head of this campaign, when she herself has a mark which is so open to interpretation and is unrelated in every way to her true special skill - the mongering of information.

I had to explain to him that Cheerilee was actually the first successful test subject that our Cutie Mark Research division had in artificially influencing a Cutie Mark's appearance.

In her youth, we had placed her in an enclosure in which she both was surrounded by and had nothing to eat but flowers for an entire 3 month period. We had also inflicted electrical shocks to her if she ever stopped smiling.

And presto, after an extended half-year experimental period, she had finally developed the Cutie Mark of smiling flowers.

And who would be a better voice than she herself, well equipped with the knowledge and proceedings of the formation of a Cutie Mark?

The other reason is that I love irony.

PreviousChapters Next