• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 16,833 Views, 5,891 Comments

Dressed to Steal - Tatsurou



Coco Pommel balances being the daughter of Sly Cooper and a member of the Cooper Gang with not disappointing her Law Enforcement mother, Inspector Carmelita Fox.

  • ...
24
 5,891
 16,833

PreviousChapters Next
Time Out: We Dance When E'er We're Able

Of course, the first step had to be getting Galleth's cane back. His was built into his lance, and had been taken by the Black Knight when he'd been defeated. In a stroke of luck, the Black Knight was moving from the castle to the Blacksmith's with only two guards, though we didn't know why. He did have the cane with him, though, so Dad went in to take out the two guards and give Uncle Bentley remote access to the case for a hack. This was accomplished without any problems.

However, it did alert the Black Knight to our presence, and security was tightened, with hot air balloons set up weighted down by remote observation equipment. Thankfully, they were set up in such a way to be perfect targets for Galleth to handle with his cane and special techniques...though the last one got shot down by an arrow before he could get to it, though none of us could tell where the arrow came from. Sir Galleth seemed overjoyed, as this apparently meant that 'Robyn Hood' had entered the fray to battle the Black Knight.

While this was going on, Uncle T-Bone investigated Galleth's report of some sort of monster guarding the castle, exploring a cavern to determine if such a thing exists. It's frankly amazing how versatile the 'Swat Kats' can be with just a hookshot. I asked Dad why one isn't part of the Cooper arsenal. The faces he, Uncle Bentley, and Uncle Murray made were priceless.

What Uncle T-Bone reported back was far less amusing. It turned out the cavern housed a massive power generator...hooked up to a mechanical three-headed dragon! Thankfully, he showed he was quite clever at dealing with such things, and utilized skills he claimed he developed working as a mechanic at a junkyard. Since it seemed to be dormant while plugged in, he left it plugged in and dismantled the necks before climbing into the machine and wrecking havoc on its innards. He was quite proud of himself.

With the recon - and a bit of demolition - done, it was time to try and take down the Black Knight's efforts. Uncle Murray went after the oil production facility in the tavern, Dad and I went after the machines manufacturing the giant robot parts at the shoe-maker's shop, and Sir Galleth took down the power generator in the bakery. The whole job went down without a hitch...and immediately put the Black Knight on the move.

Uncle Razor tailed the Black Knight the moment he made an appearance...and what he discovered shocked us all...


Razor listened carefully to every word he could hear from the Black Knight as he followed the figure, hearing the voice plainly distorted in some way as the figure spoke of 'Cooper' involvement in the events that had occurred. What really confused him as he followed was that the Black Knight seemed...reluctant. One sentence in particular stuck out.

"And little Coco's going to be involved, too...ugh, how did I get myself into this? I'm such an idiot...how am I going to fast talk this one?"

Hearing that, he sent a communication back to the hideout. "Guys, the Black Knight apparently knows you all...and it doesn't sound like they're doing this by choice. I'm following them into the Blacksmith shop to get more info."

"Be careful, Razor," Carmelita replied worriedly.

After entering through a roof hatch, Razor froze. There was no security in the rafters, and he could see the Black Knight plainly...and the figure he was talking to. "So the Coopers recovered Galleth's cane," the figure stated flatly as he unfolded out of the shadows.

"What about it, Seft?" the Black Knight countered angrily. "I can get it back easily. Operation Overlord is almost complete. Even with-"

"The Coopers disabling your observation balloons and all operations in town?" Seft interrupted darkly as he walked alongside the Black Knight. "You are aware that Robyn Hood has stepped in."

"I can handle it!" the Black Knight countered, though the distorted voice sounded...desperate.

"I should hope so," Seft responded easily, holding up a small device with two unmarked buttons. "I would hate to think you weren't as...dedicated as you act."

"No!" the Black Knight called out desperately, reaching for the device...only for Seft to pull back.

"You wouldn't want to push the wrong button by accident, would you?" Seft demanded cruelly.

The Black Knight slammed his metal-clad fist into a nearby gate. "I stole Bentley's time machine plans!" he declared. "I took over this time period! I've betrayed everyone I ever cared about!" Without warning, the Black Knight's armor unfolded, revealing a pink mouse-girl in a form fitting yellow jump suit with safety goggles on. "What more do you want from me?" she screamed out despairingly, tears in her eyes.

As Razor watched, Seft smirked at her. "You know what Le Paradox wants...and you know what I want. Satisfy one of us, and you get what you're fighting for." His tail slowly arced forward, and Penelope tensed up as the tip trailed suggestively along her suit between her breasts. "And I am so much easier to satisfy, after all..."

Penelope flinched back, the robotic armor suit pushing the tail away. "N-no!" she gasped out desperately, struggling to regulate her breathing. "I...I won't betray him like that!"

Seft chuckled darkly. "Loyalty is so...amusing. You've already betrayed him else wise. I wonder which betrayal he would consider worse." He turned away. "Sir Galleth's cane delivered to Le Paradox, the Cooper van and time machine destroyed so they cannot pursue, and Cooper himself inactive. That is what Le Paradox wants..." He held up the device. "And what you want, if you want what was promised." With that, he scurried into a dark shadow and seemed to vanish.

Penelope slumped over in her armor, weeping. "Oh Bentley..." she whispered, barely able to raise her voice, but still completely audible to Razor. "I'm so...so sorry..."

Unsure what else to do, Razor slipped silently away to report...unaware of Seft's eyes on him.

PreviousChapters Next