• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 16,805 Views, 5,891 Comments

Dressed to Steal - Tatsurou



Coco Pommel balances being the daughter of Sly Cooper and a member of the Cooper Gang with not disappointing her Law Enforcement mother, Inspector Carmelita Fox.

  • ...
24
 5,891
 16,805

PreviousChapters Next
Time Out: End of an Era

Our plan was simple, straightforward, and devastating. Uncle Bentley taught Uncles T-Bone and Razor how to control Operation Overlord from the Turbokat's controls while the mech was in jet mode. The two of them would fly attack and distraction against Le Paradox while the four of us infiltrated the blimp itself to rescue Mom and Aunt Penelope, and to neutralize the Paradox Machine. Uncle T-Bone and Uncle Razor were free to do whatever they felt would keep Le Paradox's attention on them so he couldn't focus on stopping us.

Getting in was easy. What came next...


As Sly, Coco, Bentley, and Murray entered the blimp, they found themselves in a completely dark chamber with only a single spot of light shining down on where Carmelita and Penelope were tied up...somehow back in their normal attire. "Well, the only way this could be anymore obvious is if there was a neon sign above their heads proclaiming 'This is a Trap'," Sly murmured darkly.

"Unfortunately, the darkness in here isn't natural," Bentley observed as he scanned. "It's literally an artificial void in reality created by the Paradox Machine. Short of actually stepping into the light, we can't actually do anything about the darkness."

"Is that strict reality, or just scientifically speaking?" Murray asked, gesturing to Coco.

"There isn't any magic out there either," Coco spoke up. "Nothing for the Mask or Staff to latch onto."

"Then at least one of us needs to trigger the trap," Sly decided as he started to walk forward.

Coco frowned. She did not like this idea of a plan, but Le Paradox presently held most of the cards. They needed to let him think he was in control, or they would be stuck. With luck, he wasn't aware of how many had infiltrated his facility-

The entire blimp shook, and the darkness vanished, revealing Le Paradox floating over Carmelita and Penelope in a clawed mech while holding a glass capsule sized to cover the platform they were on. "Those idiots!" Le Paradox snarled as he turned in another direction. "Do they have any idea the damage they could cause to the continuum by improperly shutting down a Paradox Machine?"

"I don't think they care," Coco observed as she focused a sphere of darkness from the Mask into the hook of the Staff before hurling it, shattering the capsule.

"Gyah!" Le Paradox snapped out as he jerked back with his machine. "Are you insane?"

"Yes," Sly, Bentley, Murray, Coco, Carmelita, and Penelope said all at once, Sly having taken the time Le Paradox was distracted to free Carmelita and Penelope.

"You idiots!" Le Paradox screamed as he rushed deeper into the facility with his mech.

At that moment, blazes of light appeared around the group, revealing Bob, Rioichi, Tennessee Kid, Henriette, Sir Galleth, and Salim. "The kitties said you could use some backup," Tennessee Kid offered. "Somethin' about losin' yer cane and yer mind?"

Sly grinned. "I think we could use some help, yeah."


With all the Cooper Ancestors with us, we knew we could make it through. Each cane was sealed in a part of the blimp that - oddly enough - was uniquely designed for that Ancestor to get through. When I pointed that out when Riochi was leaping to his first cane, Penelope had an explanation.

"By the time the Machine itself was being built into the blimp, I'd already stopped wanting to help Le Paradox, but couldn't do so openly. So I spread the canes out in the circuitry so that the chambers would be designed so each ancestor would be able to get to their own cane, in hopes you guys would be able to win even if it came this far."

Looks like the plan worked. Though each time a cane was claimed from the circuitry, alarms went off as Le Paradox' troops charged in to try and fight us. However, we were far too numerous for the amounts sent in. They went down easily each time, though each time a new cane was claimed after the first, one of the Ancestors was sent back through time. Penelope explained it was the energy of the Paradox Machine breaking down and losing connection to those eras, forcing us to move faster to keep it from damaging things further if Le Paradox tried to maintain the link improperly. This, apparently, was the 'proper shut down procedure' he'd been worried about previously.

It didn't take long for the six of us to get through to Le Paradox, with everyone else having been sent back to their own eras. This confrontation was going to be...interesting.


Le Paradox turned atop his mech, a strange metal circle braced against the far wall behind him. "Ah, Coopers...I should have guessed it would be harder than I-"

"That's the Time Tunnel," Penelope explained to Sly and the others, pointing to the metal circle. "Like the time machine, but the controls are on one end with no way to manipulate it from the other. A good way to get rid of people, by tossing them through time. A sideline of the Paradox Machine research."

Le Paradox glowered at her. "Oh, why not just tell them all my plan and goals in the least dramatic way possible, huh? Steal all my thunder!"

"He wants to erase the Cooper name from history as petty vengeance for his father getting locked up for a crime he intended to frame your father for," Penelope told Sly quickly. "Unfortunately for his father, your father stole the diamond before he got there."

"So did he design that mech himself, or was that you?" Sly asked Penelope.

"Me before I started working against him in whatever ways I could sneak past Seft, so I'm afraid it's pretty well designed," Penelope admitted.

"It won't do you any good to enrage me!" Le Paradox snarled out. "With the last Cooper Cane installed in the Time Tunnel, I can restore my alterations at any time at will once it is activated, and there is nothing you can do to stop me as the modern era is anchored firmly in the links to time itself!" Reaching over, he threw the switch. "Behold!" The Time Tunnel spun...and began to spark madly as the entire facility began to crumble. "WHAT?"

"You idiot!" Penelope screamed out. "You used the wrong cane!"

"But it is Sly's Cane-"

"You forgot about Coco, you dunderhead!"

Le Paradox glanced from the Time Tunnel to Sly to Coco, who clutched her Cooper Cane. "...merde..."

Everything went white.

PreviousChapters Next