• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 16,809 Views, 5,891 Comments

Dressed to Steal - Tatsurou



Coco Pommel balances being the daughter of Sly Cooper and a member of the Cooper Gang with not disappointing her Law Enforcement mother, Inspector Carmelita Fox.

  • ...
24
 5,891
 16,809

PreviousChapters Next
Time Out: Yar Har Fiddle Dee Dee

It didn't take us long to determine where we were. Despite it being in the 17th century, the place didn't look any different than it did in the modern era, when those who rebelled against the modern world clung to the old style of pirate life. This was Blood Bath Bay, as always an absolute haven to cutthroats, vagabonds, fugitives, and murderers. We would have to be especially careful when it came to exploring here. Not only did we risk disrupting history, a wrong move could be instantly fatal.

We found an empty dock and weighed anchor, tying off as we prepared to explore. We had a couple of objectives. The first was to find out who Le Paradox had from the present as his agent here in the past, and if they had any contemporary allies. The second was to locate Henriette One-Eye Cooper, the infamous pirate captain and Dad's ancestor in this era. Given the time frame, I made sure each of us was dressed in the local style - bandanas, eyepatches, ragged striped shirts, and so on - before anyone went looking, and it was Mom and Dad who would be going out to investigate, with Uncle Razor backing Mom up and Uncle T-Bone backing up Dad. Until we were more certain of who was who, we were going to try and keep technology and magic out of sight.

Mom's mission proved rather easy, as she instantly recognized the pirate vessel Death's Head, a modern vessel designed like one of this era, and a ship belonging to the modern pirate Captain LeFwee, known as the 'Smartest Man on the Seven Seas'. As for Dad looking up Henriette...

Things went...interesting.


Sly carefully made his way through the ramshackle wooden shanty town, searching for any sign of Henriette Cooper, her ship, or her crew. He'd tracked through the entire town it felt like, but hadn't seen even the hint of a ringed tail aside from his own. "Now where am I supposed to look?" he demanded ruefully.

"You know, there's one spot we skipped," T-Bone pointed out. "A spot that it's kinda logical a pirate would be in when on shore."

"And where's that?" Sly demanded crossly.

"The pub."

Sly blinked at that. "You know, I feel really stupid that I didn't think of that."

"Try feeling virtuous instead," T-Bone suggested. "Easier to swallow."

Sly quickly led the way back to the pub. "You really think my ancestor would be here in the pub guzzling booze?" he asked as he pushed the door open.

"...depends," T-Bone began awkwardly. He pointed to a table in the corner. "Is that her?"

Sly could only stare. Sitting there in a skin-tight blue outfit that was half pirate outfit and half thief suit was the most voluptuous raccoon female he'd ever laid eyes on. Based on the description from the Thievius Raccoonus and her portrait in the Cooper Vault, it could only be Henriette...but the portrait and description didn't really do her justice. She was lithe and curvy, with a figure that could almost put Carmelita to shame, with long, luxurious black hair that swept down her back. She had delicate facial features with a heart shaped face, and a single bright blue eye that could make a man's heart stop when it shimmered. Even where she was missing one hand, the wound was delicate yet made her seem strong.

The impression probably would have worked better if she weren't swilling booze half over herself, half on the table, and only a few mouthfuls here and there managing to make it down her throat. "More grog!" she bellowed at the bartender, who quickly obliged with a fresh mug before she put her head back down on the table to try and drink.

"Yeah...good luck with that," T-Bone offered, nudging Sly forward. "I'm going to stand over here." He gestured to the door, from which he could watch the entire bar.

Sighing, Sly made his way over to the table. "Henriette Cooper?" he asked carefully.

"Who wants to-hic!" Her angry retort was interrupted as she turned to face him. As her single eye managed to focus somewhat blearily on him, however, her angry grimace became a warm grin. "Who wants to know, cutie?" she continued, a drunken purr in her voice.

Sly felt the hair on the back of his neck and in his tail stand on end. "I...need to speak with you about an...important business matter," he managed to say. "Privately, if possible."

Henriette chuckled wickedly. "Oh, don't you move fast?" she slurred as she stood up and sauntered over drunkenly before draping herself over him, holding herself up by an arm around his shoulders. "Got a place in mind, or will any alley do?"

"Ma'am," Sly managed to stammer out. "T-this is highly inappropriate..."

Henriette chuckled throatily. "Ya talk funny fer a pirate..." she purred wickedly. Her eye locked on Sly's.

Sly was about to speak up...but then he felt the knife point in the back of his neck.

"You can either get out of my bar now," Henriette growled, suddenly stone cold sober, "and tell LeFwee that if he thinks I have that little pride he ain't as smart as he thinks he is, or I can gut ya here and write that message with your entrails across that tub he calls a ship! Hook or not, ship or not, crew or not, ah am still the most dangerous woman to ever sail these seas, and I will fry him up and eat him one of these days yet!"

Sly froze, unsure what to do. T-Bone attempted to come to his rescue. "You need to let go of my friend, miss," he growled as he reached out to grab her by the shoulder.

Before Sly or T-Bone could even blink, Henriette had spun and delivered a kick to T-Bone's left pudenal nerve, a knee to his chin as he doubled over, a stump strike to his solar plexus, and flipped him over to smash into a nearby table. She then had the sword he'd been equipped with out of his sheath and was swinging it at Sly, but he managed to catch the blade in the hook of his cane.

"We don't...work for LeFwee," Sly growled out as he struggled against the woman's surprising strength.

The woman blinked as she took in the shape of the hook. "...I can see that," she observed as she jerked the blade back, sending Sly off balance and catching him by his chin. She examined his face carefully. "...yes, I see the resemblance now. Pity. Ever since LeFwee captured the Admiral, you're the cutest face I've seen in these waters. I was actually considering it."

T-Bone managed to laugh uproariously through his pain as he caught sight of Sly's face.


I tried not to laugh when Uncle T-Bone told us about that. I really did...

PreviousChapters Next