• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 16,809 Views, 5,891 Comments

Dressed to Steal - Tatsurou



Coco Pommel balances being the daughter of Sly Cooper and a member of the Cooper Gang with not disappointing her Law Enforcement mother, Inspector Carmelita Fox.

  • ...
24
 5,891
 16,809

PreviousChapters Next
Cairo Catastrophe

We didn't have much time to scout out the museum in Cairo, so our plan was very bare bones. Uncle Bentley went in through the basement to rewire the systems to grant us easier maneuvering, Uncle Murray was in position to break through some walls if we needed backup or to receive the Parts for transport if we didn't, and Dad and I entered the museum from opposite sides. The plan was Dad would go after the parts, while I spied out Mom and her 'new partner' to run interference.

Things didn't go as planned...


Coco stared in utter bewilderment as she finally tracked down Carmelita and her new partner, a pink and purple Bengal Tiger Coco knew to be named Neyla. She was garbed in brown shorts, a blue tank top, a red and gold hooded cape, and flat shoes, the overall look more closely resembling a video game 'archaeologist' than an Interpol detective. Her choice of weapon was a heavy whip. However, it wasn't the appearance of the partner that caught Coco's eyes.

It was the fact that the pair were already investigating the theft of the Clockwerk parts, and the Gang hadn't even gotten into the museum yet. "Dad, we have a problem!" Coco whispered into her communicator.

"What's wrong, Coco?" Sly asked quickly.

"The Clockwerk parts are already gone!" she hissed back. "Abort the operation! I'm going to see if I can get close enough to hear details."

"Be careful, Coco!" Sly warned softly.

"Always," Coco promised, breaking the communication. She then slowly made her way across the rafters until she was directly above the pair as they investigated.

"So you think this was the Cooper Gang?" Neyla was asking Carmelita disdainfully, plainly expecting her to jump to the conclusion it was them regardless of evidence. Her cultured tone failed to fully disguise her distaste.

"Not a chance," Carmelita countered, catching Neyla somewhat off guard. "The entry was too messy, and there were guard casualties. If this were a Cooper Gang op, they'd have just been unconscious. I know their modus operandi far too well."

"Indeed you do," Neyla observed coldly, her expression calculating. She turned away as Carmelita turned towards her. "Personally, this looks to me like the Klaww Gang."

Carmelita's eyes flicked upward, and Coco pulled completely behind the rafter, hoping she managed it before she'd been seen. She hid a smirk. "I'm afraid most of my attention has been on the actions of the Cooper Gang," she spoke up finally. "Refresh my memory, what do we know about this Klaww Gang?"

"Not much," Neyla allowed disdainfully, plainly disgusted with Carmelita's apparent preoccupation with the Cooper Gang. "We know they deal in illegal spice, and don't hesitate to get violent to get what they want."

Illegal spice? Coco thought to herself. What is this, Dune?

"We've only identified two suspected members, Rajan the tiger and Dimitri Lousteau the iguana," Neyla continued. "Rajan is believed to be based somewhere in India, while all that's known about Dimitri for certain is that he has an apparently completely legitimate nightclub in Paris."

Dimitri, huh? We've dealt with him before... "Thanks Mom," she whispered softly as she made her way back out, realizing Carmelita had deliberately 'played dumb' so Neyla would pass her valuable information.


It didn't take long for us to decide what we were doing next. Of course, we had to recover the Clockwerk parts, and the choice of who to go after first was obvious. We'd faced Dimitri before and bested him easily, whereas Rajan was a complete unknown. As such, we made our way to Paris. We didn't know if the Klaww Gang knew what they were doing or not...but time was not on our side.

Since I could now go on my own missions, all of us were getting separate objectives on each heist, and our own equipment. While Uncle Murray dressed himself in gloves and cape - calling himself 'The Murray' - Uncle Bentley relied on crossbow and tech. With preparations complete, we made our way to Paris, stopping only long enough for Dad to drop the line to Mom as agreed so she'd be on the lookout for us there.

Research indicated that Dimitri had only one of the Clockwerk parts, the Tail Feathers. We'd just have to see what he was doing with them...


The group quickly set up a temporary base of operations in the neighborhood of The Black Chateau, Dimitri's nightclub. They had originally planned to set up closer to the club itself, but the music was loud enough that close that they couldn't concentrate, and the rooms kept bouncing. They finally found a safe distance, and began their plan.

The first step involved having Coco scout the area for valuables they could sell on Thief-Net so they could acquire new resources, as well as anything else she might find that was useful. In addition to her talent with safes, her low slung form allowed her to grab several valuable items at once and transport them back, unlike Sly who could only strap one to his back. To her surprise, this included the discovery of a Vault, though it had a keypad lock rather than tumblers. She stared at it for a time, trying to determine exactly how she would get it open without setting off any alarms...and an idea struck her.

Placing one hoof near the opening lever, she focused her magic into the lock, trying to feel the tumblers. Before long, a smile crossed her face as she felt the tumblers shift and the lock click open. Swinging the door wide, she seized a bit of equipment that - after analysis - could be equipped to hooves, wrists, or canes to add impetus to a diving attack to render the target unconscious. Not particularly useful, but it felt good to snatch it out of the bad guy's vault.

PreviousChapters Next