• Published 21st Aug 2016
  • 16,793 Views, 5,891 Comments

Dressed to Steal - Tatsurou



Coco Pommel balances being the daughter of Sly Cooper and a member of the Cooper Gang with not disappointing her Law Enforcement mother, Inspector Carmelita Fox.

  • ...
24
 5,891
 16,793

PreviousChapters Next
Time Out: To Another Arabian Night

As Le Paradox's shock troops swarmed the platform, Murray reacted quickly. Grabbing one of the troops - who was less than half his size - he hefted the rat over his head before hurling him at the nearest defense laser, causing it to spark and wobble from the impact.

"Good thinking!" T-Bone called out as he grabbed one of the rats by their tail, spinning them around in a circle to clear space before sending them flying into the other laser. It, too, sparked and wobbled.

Sly, Coco, Bentley, and Razor immediately went to work keeping the attackers off the heavy hitters. Deik-Beck, meanwhile, raced off the edge of the platform and along the underside, seeking a faster route to the blimp in an attempt to spoke Le Paradox's plan of escape. His claws gleamed as he readied to tear the fabric of the balloon apart. After all, if it couldn't fly, it couldn't leave the dock, and if it couldn't leave the dock, it couldn't initiate time travel.

Just as the lasers shut down - and just as Deik-Beck got into range to attack the blimp - the vessel lifted up. "Ah, just a little too slow, so sad!" Le Paradox taunted playfully. "Too bad, so sad, but what can you do? Though I'd recommend you call off your little bot-friend. The circuitry of my Paradox Machine might well be built into the very structure of my zeppelin, tying the present to many past eras, and there is no telling what might happen if it were disrupted when not in the central anchor point of the present timeline, is there?"

Deik-Beck paused with claws bared, millimeters from the fabric of the balloon. He let out an angry hiss that was unlike any sound the others had heard him make before as he slowly withdrew.

"Now that's a clever bot," Le Paradox teased with a chuckle. "And now all the cards, zey are in my hand, no?" He looked up behind the group. "Bonjour, my large friend! What took you so long?" Sly and T-Bone turned to see what he was talking about while the others kept their eyes on the balloon. "Well, your group is more disciplined than anticipated..." Le Paradox observed to himself.

Behind the group stood Miss Decibel, holding an unconscious figure in one hand. "Hello, Cyrille!" she greeted Le Paradox warmly with a flirtatious wave. "I found this filthy old scoundrel unconscious outside." As she lifted the 'old scoundrel', it could be seen it was Salim.

"Salim!" Sly gasped in shock.

"But how?" Bentley demanded worriedly.

"Ah, now that is an interesting little tidbit," Le Paradox observed as he spun Salim's cane in his hands as the roof of the dock opened. "And since I want to buy time, I shall tell you. You see, everyone has a weakness..."


As Salim, Ca, Carmelita, and Penelope made their way back towards Ca's place of business, Le Paradox stepped out of the shadows, a much younger raccoon held at knife point by his thugs. "I believe I have something of yours, Salim al-Kupar," he observed idly.

"La-di!" Salim and Ca both gasped in fear.

The young raccoon lifted his head. "I'm sorry Father, Mother..." he murmured around a bruised chin, a missing tooth, and a black eye. "He...he had Bu-Bu. I...I had to save him..."

"And this is why I oh so love that heroes gather companions," Le Paradox observed idly. "So many pressure points...for the right kind of pressure." One of the thugs pressed the knife to La-di's throat more firmly. "Unless you want to see your son and heir bleed out before your very eyes, you will do exactly what I say Salim...and you will ensure that everyone else in your party does as well..."


"...and so now I have everything I need," Le Paradox observed happily as fists clenched. "I have the Cooper Canes I need for my Paradox Machine to be fully completed, I have the documentation of my 'noble lineage'..." Sweeping back with the cane, he pulled two bound figures forward, still in rather skimpy outfits. "And a couple of delightful guests aboard to ensure everyone stays on their best behavior..."

"Carmelita!" Sly called out in shock.

"Penelope!" Bentley screamed out in rage.

"Mommy!" Coco wailed.

Le Paradox chuckled darkly. "You know, I actually have the little mouse here to thank for my success," he observed in amusement. "I originally planned to aim for time periods where the Cooper ancestors were single, like with Rioichi Cooper...but how far she was willing to go to save Bentley showed me the better plan. Far better to strike when there are...pressure points to use to manipulate them. Of course, getting that specific required a bit of extra power for the machine...but an extra Cooper Cane and a few rare jewels out of pirate treasure more than took care of that."

"Let them go now, Le Paradox," Sly growled out angrily as he grasped his cane in his hands.

Le Paradox chuckled. "I am thinking not, Cooper. You see, I am but one step away from getting everysing I want. However, I do have, how you say, a proposition for you." He grinned maliciously. "As you can see, I have on board the two ladies of your party, dressed - how you say - less than comfortably? I also have aboard several of my own personal guards hired for muscle...much like those who guarded the dock, but with a bit more brains...and a bit less morals. Now, given that they are kept bound so they cannot defend themselves, I am certain I need not draw a picture of what would happen if I left it to those guards what to do with them, and I am certain none of us would be happy seeing that. And all it will take of you to ensure that does not happen...is to give me your Cane."

"Sly, don't do it!" Penelope screamed out as she chewed through her gag to get her voice out. "Your cane's the last piece he needs to complete the Paradox Machine! If he succeeds, he'll be able to stabilize the alterations to time-"

Le Paradox cut her off by jabbing her in the gut with the butt of Salim's cane before walloping her in the back of the head with the hook. "As you can plainly see, Cooper, I care not for their condition...but you do. What shall it be?"

Sly glared murderously up at Le Paradox for a time, then finally threw his cane up to him. "You're going to regret this," he growled as Le Paradox used Salim's cane to catch Sly's by the hooks.

"I am not thinking so," Le Paradox taunted as the blimp lifted up out of the dock. "I am thinking you will be quite stranded here once my machine is complete, and I will be happy with all I want. Au revoir!" With that, the blimp blazed with light and vanished.

"But Cyrille!" Miss Decibel called out as the blimp vanished. "What about...me...?" Her voice trailed off as she realized she was now at the center of a circle of very angry individuals who suddenly no longer had a reason to hold back at all. "Uh...it was just business?" she offered desperately.


I won't go into details on what happened with Miss Decibel. Needless to say, she wouldn't be getting out of jail anytime soon.

The more serious issue was that Le Paradox had all the cards. He had Mom, Aunt Penelope, the Cooper Canes, Dad's Cane, a near untouchable position he'd falsified for himself in the present, and a near completed Paradox Machine that would make his victory permanent. And all we had was a time travelling giant mech that could transform into vehicles...

...you know, suddenly the situation doesn't seem that hopeless.

PreviousChapters Next