• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 10,321 Views, 244 Comments

Sungaged - Summer Dancer



Sunburst is thinking about proposing to Starlight, but mentor Twilight and big sister Sunset have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

  • ...
17
 244
 10,321

Epilogue: I'd Give You The Moon

Later that night, Twilight wandered through the darkened halls of the Crystal palace, humming to herself. She paused to lean against the wall and took her slippers off of her hooves, wincing.

“It’s never truly a wedding until somepony takes off their shoes, is it?”

Twilight’s head snapped up. “Discord? What are you doing here? The Wedding’s over.”

Discord floated to the ground and twirled his orange top hat in his claw. “Waiting for Fluttershy to round up the rest of her choir.” He shrugged innocently. “Apparently somepony’s cat accidentally got loose during the reception. Naughty thing."

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Wonder how that could’ve happened.” She paused for a moment.“You know, Discord...I actually kinda liked that speech you gave at the ceremony...for the most part."

Discord looked pleasantly surprised. “Did you really?”

Twilight smiled wryly. “Well...maybe I did think that you were here to sabotage the wedding, but I was wrong. You made her really happy, Discord. I think it was….sweet of you.”

Discord’s grin widened. “Well, Twilight!” The young Princess fiddled with her dress. “I think that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me!”

“I do mean it,” Twilight smiled as she put her slippers back on. She yawned into her hoof as she did so.

“It is late, isn’t it?” Discord said with a nod. He stretched and grunted loudly. “Well, I’d better go see how Flutters is doing.”

“Do you know where I can find Starlight and Sunburst?”

“Last I saw them, they were still on the dance floor.” He placed his top hat back on his head. “Be seeing you,” he grinned before disappearing in a flash of light. With a smile, Twilight began to walk off when she heard a faint sound.

She stopped and glanced around. Raising an eyebrow, she called, “Hello?”

A faint shout came from the supply closet to her left. She gasped loudly and rushed over to the closet. She flew the door open, and a pony looked up at her, his body completely bound with rope. The pony gave a muffled shout from under the layers of duct tape encased around his muzzle.

“Father Matripony!” she cried. She growled and threw her head back. “DISCOOOOOOORRD!

******
Starlight breathed in the fresh night air, her eyes closed in content. Almost all the guests had departed, leaving the royal staff to clean up what was left. Starlight and Sunburst lie on their backs in the middle of the dance floor, gazing up at the stars. Somewhere near the back entrance of the palace, they could hear Sunset and her parents talking softly.

The stars twinkled brightly in the sky, and the summer breeze caused Starlight's wedding dress to blow gently around her. Her mane swished around her head, free of all of the Wedding pearls Rarity had spent all morning putting in. “I’m glad your sister’s finally making peace with your folks,” Starlight said with her eyes still closed.

“I am too,” Sunburst replied. “It’s been so long...it’s kind of weird seeing them together. And...actually getting along.” He turned his head and gazed at Starlight’s face affectionately. “I can’t believe we’re married!

Starlight smiled. “I can.”

Sunburst rolled over onto his side. “I promise I’ll always be good to you,” he said. “Anything you ever want or need from me, I’ll be happy to give.”

“Anything I want?”

“Anything!”

“Even the moon?” Starlight asked playfully.

The air suddenly grew colder, and the unicorn's eyes snapped open. A shadow passed over them, and it was growing larger by the second. She took one look at the enlarged moon and her eyes threatened to bulge out of their sockets. “AHHH, PUT IT BACK, PUT IT BACK!”

Sunburst laughed hysterically as the moon reverted back to it’s rightful place in the sky. Sitting up, Starlight stared at him incredulously. “Did you do that!?”

Giggling, Sunburst weakly shook his head and pointed up at the sky. Starlight glanced up and caught a glimpse of a midnight blue tail before it disappeared into the night, followed by “I couldn’t resist!”

Starlight snorted and shook her head while Sunburst sat up. “I really would give you the moon if it were possible.” His expression grew thoughtful and he rubbed his chin with a hoof. “Hmm. Well, maybe not entirely impossible…”

Starlight smirked and kissed his cheek. “If I read enough on the matter and did the proper research…”

Starlight kissed his neck. “Mmhmm…”

“Then there’s the gravitational pull to think of…”

Starlight nuzzled his ear.

“Do you think the Princesses would mind?”

“Sunburst.”

Sunburst blinked and turned to his wife. “Yes, de--mmmph!

Starlight kissed him passionately, her hooves wrapping around his neck. Sunburst’s face flushed a deep red as Starlight pulled back. “I have no interest in the moon,” she said, gently tugging at Sunburst’s bow tie. “I actually have something...else in mind.”

Sunburst’s mouth opened and closed. “D-uuh--well, I--what--see--”

“I mean…” Starlight smiled and bit her lip bashfully. “I-If you want to, that is. It is pretty late.”

“Oh, no no! I would very much like to, uh….spend some more time with you.” He looked out toward his family and leaned into whisper. “But um, what about my parents, Sunset, Spike and Twilight? We’re all going to be sleeping in Twilight’s castle, you know.”

Starlight’s brow furrowed. “Hmmm, that’s true…” then an idea came to her. She stood up and pulled Sunburst with her. “I wonder if Trixie is willing to lend her wagon for a bit.”

Sunburst gulped. “Oh boy…”


"Anything you need at the store, Starlight?" Sunburst called, throwing on his scarf. "I'm going out to the market!"

Starlight looked up from her position on the couch and waved her hoof lazily. "Oh, just some peanut butter, cucumbers, ice cream, spaghetti, oatmeal, crackers, and, uh--oh! Maybe some apples."

Sunburst's glasses slid down his snout. "Well...if that's what you want!"

"Oh, on second thought, Sunburst, the prices went up on cucumbers since last month. Our house rent's coming up again. I'll settle for pineapple instead. And bundle up, it's a blizzard out there! Rainbow Dash said that it's going to snow like this all weekend!"

"Okay!" Sunburst slipped on his blue winter cap and pushed a hoof against the door before stopping. "Oh, Starlight! I almost forgot to tell you, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence invited us to go with them on their trip to the Griffon Kingdom next month. It's official business, but I know you've been wanting to see it!"

Starlight's face scrunched up. "Does it involve...hiking?"

"Indeed it does!"

Starlight sat up and clicked her tongue. "Yeeeeah, see, here's the thing. I'm kind of pregnant, so I don't know how that's going t--"

Sunburst collapsed to the floor with a loud thud.

"...Sunburst?"

Author's Note:

Rated T for tasty kisses! :rainbowwild:

But seriously, thank you for reading, this has been the third installment of Triggerverse. And thanks to NovelIdea for the amazing cover pictures.

Will there be more installments...depends if you want more! Better late than never, but you have no idea how good it feels to finally hit that submit button. :rainbowlaugh:

Again, the format of this story is kinda iffy, so I may or may not just combine the whole thing into one like the previous two. Maybe, maybe.

I'd like to depart with this video...no particular reason, but somehow StarBurst reminds me of another favorite couple of mine, Cosmo and Wanda...without the naivety of Cosmo. :rainbowlaugh:

Thanks for reading, Merry Christmas, and StarBurst rules! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 50 )

I'll settle for Pineapple instead!"

Sunburst scratched his head. She doesn't even like Pineapple... "Well, uh...alright, Starlight..."

There's no reason for the word "Pineapple" to be capitalised in both instances.

And I see you're using the old idea that horse pregnancies gives the mother cravings. Because that's not false or anything.

All in all, it was fine to read it.

7821541 It just occured to me.

If you wanted a more convincing buildup to the "twist" (Which, honestly, I saw coming the moment I saw the phrase "She doesn't like pineapples.") You could have wrote about Starlight dismissing the idea of having pineapple as a food item at the reception when discussing wedding details with Twilight, since she disliked it to introduce the character quirk earlier in to the story and make it more believable.

7821590

“think if might be out of the question.”

It totally is.

More please lol it was so cute

So now where's the sequel about Twilight and Sunset freaking out over Starlight being pregnant?

Sunset's too young to be an aunt.

A faint shout came from the supply closet to her left. She gasped loudly and rushed over to the closet. She flew the door open, and a pony looked up at her, his body completely bound with rope. The pony gave a muffled shout from under the layers of duct tape encased around his muzzle.

“Father Matripony!” she cried. She growled and threw her head back. “DISCOOOOOOORRD!”

Figures.

Same for that ending really, Pinkie knows.

Starlight’s brow furrowed. “Hmmm, that’s true…” then an idea came to her. She stood up and pulled Sunburst with her. “I wonder if Trixie is willing to lend her wagon for a bit.”

Sunburst gulped. “Oh boy…”

Trixie shall not be pleased that you had sex in her wagon! That is only for her and her coltfriend!:flutterrage:

"Indeed it does!"

Starlight sat up and clicked her tongue. "Yeeeeah, see, here's the thing. I'm kind of pregnant, so I don't know how that's going t--"

Sunburst collapsed to the floor with a loud thud.

"...Sunburst?"

That'd be probably my reaction as well.:rainbowlaugh: Great story, Summer!

More please. This is to funny and adorable to stop now.

7821843 :rainbowlaugh::pinkiehappy::rainbowwild::trollestia: I would want a part where: when Sunset finds out, she's so happy she Prench kisses Twi; and then has to explain akwardly later!

“I wonder if Trixie is willing to lend her wagon for a bit.”

"Yeeeeah, see, here's the thing. I'm kind of pregnant, so I don't know how that's going t--"

... Trixie's going to need to do some cleaning... :trixieshiftleft:

Did she have her heat cycle?

Pregnant Starlight Glimmer is a terrifying thought.

7822070 :twilightsmile:
7822176 Where will you be when the heat cycle hits? :rainbowwild:
7822250 The fetus grows :pinkiecrazy:

7821673
7821843

It might be possible~!

I would like more

Great story,I laughed so hard!:rainbowlaugh:
I just need to see Twilight's and Sunset's reaction to Starlight being pregnant...Would you make a sequel,pleaaaase?

7822298 EEK! FETUS! *runs away in terror*

This story is too cute to see it end!! :fluttercry:

Adorable. A lovely conclusion to a very cute story. Thank you for it.

Twilight told FLuttershy what happened to Father Matripony and Fluttershy put Discord on timeout.

Dat ending tho

7821673 Yaas we need that

I would LOVE more

This storyline has at least one more tale to be told in it, eh.

they could here Sunset and her parents talking softly

they could hear

Didn't catch anything else though.

Great epilogue! Starlight certainly knows how to give the news. Then again, Sunburst should have guessed from the food request :rainbowlaugh:

I laughed my ass off when I read "Triggerverse".


So this was a sweet little story. I was wondering if there were going to be S6 finale references since you wrote the later parts after, but I guess not. I personally think a Discord/Trixie story by you taking place sometime after S6 would probably be the greatest thing ever, but totally up to you what you write.


You actually did a pretty good job of writing Discord. What a little sh**, putting Father Matripony (best name ever) into a closet hahaha.

Okay, one last thought, apologies for being gross:


I'm sorry, but if it were me....the choice between a struggling, traveling stage magician's wagon, and the Castle of the Princess of Friendship that was created entirely from magic....why wouldn't you pick the castle, EVERY time? As long as you have your own room, who the heck cares if your family is in the castle?? They're unicorns, they can sound-proof the room, cast the necessary privacy spells, etc. Their family will know to give them privacy. I'm just saying.

Oh, Starlight.

Sunburst you silly goof.

Discord... I knew he was being too nice to not be causing chaos somewhere. Poor Twilight is gonna get an ulcer from him. For a second I thought the TwiCord ship was about to set sail.

Great story and end!:moustache:

That ending was amusing.

"Oh, just some peanut butter, cucumbers, ice cream, spaghetti, oatmeal, crackers, and, uh--oh! Maybe some apples."

So who knew what this meant the moment peanut butter was followed closely by cucumbers?

Finally got around to finishing this! It was indeed a very cute piece. I liked the resolution to all the different little character arcs and Discord was... well, Discord. Celestia and Sunset were nice and not overly dramatic, too. Yup, good stuff all around. :twilightsmile:

7822085 Sunburst's reaction to Starlight being pregnant though :rainbowlaugh:

"Yeeeeah, see, here's the thing. I'm kind of pregnant, so I don't know how that's going t--"
Sunburst collapsed to the floor with a loud thud.

This had to be posted, come on! :rainbowlaugh:

8029255 Ah, that's right. Though they could have put those alarms on after Starlight reformed!:raritywink:

You know these stories are all part of a trilogy. We should give this trilogy a name. Any suggestions?

8038089 wait question. Was that the first time Sunburst heard of her being pregnant or does he faint everytime someone mentions it? I mean cause the way you wrote it with her laying on the couch and asking for all that stuff it sounded like she was half way in on her pregnancy and she was resting with a swollen belly.

Hence why I'm confused at why he's surprised. On another note if she's still in early stages of pregnancy where she hasn't told Sunburst yet and he hasn't noticed then she's still fit for low impact physical activity like hiking.

On a last note, I'd love to see another installment on the triggerverse. Wanna see how the baby news goes through everyone. If anything I think Sunburst would have it the easiest since this is basically his second child (since he raised Flurryheart mostly alone through her early years because Shinning and Cadence were busy, to the point where she thought he was her reall daddy)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy! ;( I Luv Dis Ship THEY ARE AMAZING AND OUTSTANDING!!

here's the thing. I'm kind of pregnant

I know who the godparent is going to be!

Rated T for Tasty Kisses

:heart::raritywink:

And OF COURSE Discord did that. Omg, he would do that. Love that he performed the ceremony though (is he qualified? Who cares!)

The StarBurst was so great in this whole series. You are do good with the Romance and Fluff that I was after. ^^

Well I feel like a stupid idiot for not noticing that this had additional chapters. Still, yay for StarBurst shipping!

Chapter 4

“You know, Discord...I actually kinda liked that speech you gave at the ceremony...for the most part."

Discord looked pleasantly surprised. “Did you really?”

Twilight smiled wryly. “Well...maybe I did think that you were here to sabotage the wedding, but I was wrong. You made her really happy, Discord. I think it was….sweet of you.”

Discord’s grin widened. “Well, Twilight!” The young Princess fiddled with her dress. “I think that is the nicest thing you've ever said to me!”

“I do mean it.” Twilight smiled

Aww, that's so sweet. :twilightsmile: Maybe one day he'll earn Twilight saying something like this to him in the show. :scootangel:

Giggling, Sunburst weakly shook his head and pointed up at the sky. Starlight glanced up and caught a glimpse of a midnight blue tail before it disappeared into the night, followed by “I couldn’t resist!”

Pffft! :rainbowlaugh:

There were lots of good little bits throughout this story. :derpytongue2:

Yeah. Expected that Discord did that. But this was an enjoyable fic.

Awesome job man. This is one of my favorite stories on the site.

Any chance for a sequel concerning that last bit?

This has been ranked here

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Wonder how that could’ve happened.” She paused for a moment.“You know, Discord...I actually kinda liked that speech you gave at the ceremony...for the most part."

I agree.... sort of. 😒

Starlight sat up and clicked her tongue. " Yeeeeah , see, here's the thing. I'm kind of pregnant, so I don't know how that's going t--"

:pinkiegasp:

https://m.

That was nice, simple, hilarious and hearth warming, I LOVED IT! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment