• Published 25th Mar 2016
  • 5,171 Views, 18 Comments

Sunshyne Trilogy: Brushie, Brushie - smxsonic



Sunset Shimmer and Fluttershy have a talk during a hair brushing session.

  • ...
4
 18
 5,171

Chapter 1

Sunset strummed a few chords on her guitar as she did when she wanted to relax. Flash Sentry taught her when they were dating and it helped her learn how to use her fingers. Even after they broke up, she had taken to playing her guitar to help her think.

Brush, brush.

The riff was nice and even. Rainbow Dash was into the more hard rocking riffs befitting her usual attitude, but Sunset liked to strum a couple of soft chords and letting her fingers dance across the strings. It wasn’t something you played for attention, it was something you played to give your fingers something to do.

Brush, brush.

If Sunset was a pony at this moment, her ears would be twitching in annoyance. That was one thing about ponies, they were so expressive that it was really hard to have a poker face. Their ears would move in a telltale way, their tails would swish to convey something. One had to wonder how involved the pony world’s Pinkie’s sixth sense was.

Brush, Brush.

“Fluttershy,” Sunset started with a hint of agitation, “What are you doing?”

“Brushing your hair.” Fluttershy said simply, still running the brush through her friend’s hair.

Sunset didn’t mind the brushing so much, it was actually pretty relaxing. It was more that mane brushing was a sort of intimate ritual for ponies. For context, Celestia could be brushing her mane and she wouldn’t mind. Heck, she would allow Cadence to brush her mane if she was absolutely forced to. Fluttershy was one of her best friends, but being brushed by her was weird.

Despite that, the bristles massaging her scalp felt wonderful and that fact is, Sunset missed being a pony. It showed somewhat. Sunset would sometimes stop to look at the flowers...Hungrily. She of course had enough self control and presence of mind not to eat the flowers. The old Sunset wouldn’t feel this way. The old Sunset jumped into the mirror and never looked back.

The music of the guitar stopped.

“Sunset?” Fluttershy started, “D-did I disturb you? I’m so sorry, I just thought you would like me to brush your hair, I didn’t mean for you to Ssto-”

“It’s okay, Flutters,” Sunset said reassuringly, “I just got lost in thought.”

“Oh, was it about the usual things?” Fluttershy asked as she started brushing again.

Sunset chuckled, her friends knew her so well.

“Yeah, it’s about the usual,” Sunset said, “but there’s something else too.”

“Hmm?”

“Is it weird, knowing that I used to be a pony?”

Fluttershy raised her hairbrush to her lip and grunted in thought, “It is kind of odd to think about, but we’re all pretty okay with it. We’re friends with Princess Twilight, and we know she’s a pony.”

Sunset sighed in thought, absorbing that information as Fluttershy continued her brushing.

“Although, sometimes, I wonder how the two of you look as ponies. I’ve taken care of some of the ones Applejack keeps and it’s hard to imagine you two looking like that.”

Sunset hummed, “We don’t look all that different, bigger head, bigger eyes, I think smaller bodies.”

“It almost sounds like you guys are chibi versions of our world’s ponies” Fluttershy interjected

“I forget that you’re into that Neighponese stuff,” Sunset replied, “But yeah, you could say that.”

“You all must look so adorable,” Fluttershy squealed.

“If you say so…” Sunset said as she started strumming her guitar. Fluttershy continued the brushing.

“Do you miss being a pony?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yeah, sometimes. It might just be that the grass is greener, but sometimes things get so different here and I’m reminded that I’m an alien in this world.”

Fluttershy hummed in understanding.

“I think what I miss most is the magic, and whatever I brought here isn’t behaving like it should. It feels like I’m in Magic Kindergarten again with Miss Spell Check.”

“Aww… Magic Kindergarten sounds so cute.” Fluttershy gushed.

“Yeah, it was mostly small unicorns putting their horns in places they shouldn’t be,” Sunset said.

Fluttershy giggled at the thought. The idea of little baby unicorns getting their horns stuck in various items was cute to think about. It was like a weird version of cat videos.

“There, that should be enough,” Fluttershy said, while putting her brush away. “You really have beautiful hair, Sunset.”

“Thanks, It’s been awhile since anypony--” Sunset paused and coughed trying to save face from her gaff, to no avail.

“I like it when you use pony language, it’s adorable,” Fluttershy said.

Sunset was fighting back the urge to deny that. She was (and still is, technically) the most powerful unicorn from Equestria. She was not ‘cute’ and Fluttershy was using that word rather liberally.

“It’s embarrassing,” Sunset whined, “And I only started doing it after the Fall Formal! Anypo-- body who doesn’t hang out with us just gives me confused looks!”

Fluttershy paused for a moment. She then took her hairbrush out of her purse and started to brush Sunset’s hair again. Sunset held back a happy sigh. The act was so relaxing that Sunset leaned forward, giving Fluttershy full access to her hair.

Sunset let out a soft whinny. Her eyes went wide as she covered her mouth, letting out a small squeak as she did. Fluttershy giggled.

“Aw, Sunny, deep down you’re still a little pony, huh,” Fluttershy teased, she dipped her head closer and whispered, “Would you like to be my little pony?”

Sunset tensed up and coughed wildly.

“Oh, was that too forward?” Fluttershy asked sweetly.

“Yes!” Sunset wheezed, trying to catch her breath. “It was weird too! Forward and weird! What the heck, Flutters?”

“Sorry, Rarity and I were talking, a-and I thought, y-you know, it would be something…” Fluttershy hesitated, “...sexy?”

Sunset sat there, stunned. That was a serious… thing that happened there. She couldn’t find the words to really describe how she felt.

“Did you really mean that?” Sunset managed.

Fluttershy nodded.

Sunset paused in thought, “I… wouldn’t be opposed… I’m not going to be your pet horse or anything!”

“Oh, no, I would never--” Fluttershy started.

“But,” Sunset interrupted, “I wouldn’t mind the occasional hairbrushing.”

Author's Note:

I got the idea to do some Shimmershy. Some of it's cute, but most of it is funny to me.

Comments ( 17 )

More! This was so cute!

Cute. But what's with the last part.

lowercase

This was adorable! I've got a feeling that there's going to be a sequel.

great story , thank you for writing it! for me fluttershy and sunset make and are the best couple! i do hope you write more of them. well done!!

That was cute. :twilightsmile:

Where did you get the cover art?

cute story m8! nice one!

Hazel: Personally, I choose Twishy better, but this is cute
Hester: I also love Twishy, but I guess we can make an exception. Too adorable

Hazel: Personally, I choose Twishy better, but this is cute
Hester: I'm also a Twishy lover, but we can make an exception just this once

ADORABLE!! :yay:+(WHAAA!? no sunset shimmer emogie?)= cuteness.....however Twishy's are better sometimes

need more chapter(s) regarding this ship

Ah, that was a fun and cute read.

Adorably cute AF. Really, it is :yay:

Fluttershy- “Would you like to be my little pony?”
made me spite take so hard I think I dehydrated myself

7386389 omg lol i can totally picture that i had to re read that line cause i was like wait what

Well. That was unusually... straightforward of Fluttershy. Very adorable story, I'd love to see more.

Login or register to comment