• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 2,311 Views, 72 Comments

Queen of Evil and Princess of Kindness - kurusagi16



Melodia, the queen of evil, was defeated long ago after trying to conqure the kingdom. And is traing her daughter, kind hearted Princess Fluttershy, to follow in her hoofsteps.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,311

Chapter 20: Ever after...

Chapter 20: Ever after...



The place was completely white and empty, it was wide open and hazy, and yet warm and comforting. Queen Melodia let out a gasp as she opened her sea green eyes. The black magic emptied out of her, and the for the first time in years, her mind cleared. All the twisted words and thoughts she'd believed in had been put to order, the corruption had left her.

"Wh-what happened to me?" she asked, looking down at her hooves.

"I healed you." Melodia looked up to see her daughter floating before her, like an angel.

"Healed me?"

"I couldn't bear to see you suffer anymore, so a healed your mind and banished the black magic out of you." A whirlwind of emotions washed over Queen Melodia, emotions she hadn't felt in what felt like forever. She smiled widely at her daughter.

"Oh Fluttershy..." Fluttershy let out a gasp of surprise as her mother pulled her into a sudden tight embrace, one that Fluttershy happily returned. A warmth generated between them. This was what she wanted for so long, to hug her mother, and feel her love. Queen Melodia pulled away, her face full of warmth and pride.

"My beautiful little daughter, how can I ever thank you?"

"You can start, by coming back with me." Melodia's eyes widened and she looked away. Her red violet falling into her face, similar to what Fluttershy would do.

"After all that I've done? What right do I have to return? To be forgiven? I hurt so many, and tricked many. I tried to kill my own daughter! I deserve to stay here, to think about my crimes." lamented Melodia. "You must hate me now." Fluttershy shook her head.

"Mother no! I could never hate you. There were times I was afraid, but I always forgave you, just as father forgave you. You are my mother, I've always loved above any evil did you'd done." said Fluttershy.

"How can you treat me with such kindness?" asked Queen Melodia, she looked at her daughter with a mix of confusion and awe.

"What you've done, I've put behind me. You've shown remorse for what you've done, and that's all I could ask for. If you truly want to make up for your sins, then you'll need to atone for your crimes. Apologize to everypony, and work to repair the damage you've caused." Melodia brushed a loose strand of pale pink hair behind Fluttershy's ear. Smiling lovingly at her. The queen looked just as beautiful as her daughter she showed true happiness.

"For you, my darling Fluttershy, I'd gladly face any punishment for your sake. I'd blindly thought that I was doing what was best for you and for me...I was wrong. And for that I'll do whatever it takes to pay for my crimes." said Melodia. The two held each others hooves and vanished from the plane of light.


The ponies were in a state of shock, trying to piece together what had happened to Fluttershy and Queen Melodia.

"You don't think she's..." Rarity couldn't finish it. The thought was too horrible. Applejack took off the hat, Everypony, including Discord, lowered their heads. Discord's eyes widened thought when a butterfly made of light perched on his nose. He looked up into the sky and pointed, the girls let out a cry of equal surprise. In the sky, flying down to them was a kaleidoscope of butterflies, their wings flashing as they headed toward them. As they neared the ground, they faded to reveal Fluttershy and Melodia, gracefully landing on the ground. As their hooves touched the hard earth, Melodia's old spell broke and the shadow ponies vanished in a puff of smoke.

"Fluttershy!" Discord cried with joy. He swooped the pegasus up into his arms and whisked her around. She blushed and laughed a little as he did so. Seeming to remember the other ponies, he promptly set her down and cleared his throat.

"Yes well, it's good to see that you're okay my dear." He smiled sheepishly. Queen Melodia playfully arched an eyebrow.

"Is he your gentlecolt friend?" she asked teasingly. Fluttershy batted a hoof.

"Mother, don't say embarrassing things like that!" Queen Melodia laughed a beautiful, and tinkling laugh. The ponies were amazed by the change in the pony that had up until recently tried to kill them. The queen faced the girls and bowed low to them.

"Thank you for everything you've done for my daughter. If only I'd been blessed with ponies such as you when I was younger, then perhaps our first meeting would've been under different circumstances. I don't blame you if you don't forgive me, but I will do everything in my power to atone for my crimes." said Melodia.

The girls gathered around Fluttershy into another hug, happy that it finally seemed to be over. From the sky, Queen Celestia and Princess Luna flew down to the ponies and Draconequus.

"What's going on here?" asked Luna.

"Celestia and Luna, late as always I see." Discord said snarkily. But Queen Celestia hadn't listened to him, instead she was focused on Melodia.

"Melodia...is that you?" she asked. Melodia had a small smile as she nodded.

"Yes Celestia, it's me, the real me." said Melodia.

"But, but how?" asked Queen Celestia. Melodia looked to her daughter and her friends.

"My daughter showed me the truth, and with your permission, I'd like to star anew." Queen Celestia beamed and embraced her old student.

"Of course." she said. The girls all looked at one another, wondering how long it would be until their lives returned to normal.


"It had been roughly six months or so since the battle against Melodia. Fluttershy was relieved to have her mother free from the burden of evil, and be her true self once again. And to be with her during this special day. It was the last day at the School for Princesses, and Fluttershy was admiring her gown. It was a colorful dress that looked as if it had been embroidered with live butterflies, another fine job done by Rarity. The was a gentle knock on the door, and in came Queen Melodia.

"Are you nervous?" she asked. Fluttershy nodded.

"A little bit."

"Don't be, you'll be fine." the queen reassured. Fluttershy looked fretfully at her reflection in the mirror. There was a special ceremony today, and Queen Celestia had asked her stand up in front of everypony. She wouldn't be saying anything, but that didn't make it any less scary.

"Here, I have a gift for you." said Queen Melodia. She made a box appear in Fluttershy's hooves. Fluttershy arched an eyebrow at the box.

"It's a good gift, I swear." said the queen. Fluttershy opened the box and smiled at what lay inside. It was a beautiful crown made of gold, it looked as though it was crafted out of ivy and had delicate flowers placed in it.

"I wore this on my coronation day, and I think it's about time that I pass it onto you." said Melodia. Fluttershy hugged her tightly.

"Thank you mother, I'll treasure it always." she said with a smile. "I wish father were here to see this." Melodia sighed.

"I know, I miss him too. Especially after all I'd said to him, and the way I'd treated him."

"He knew you weren't yourself mother, he forgave you, just as I have." There was a flash of light and Discord materialized into the room.

"I'll leave you two alone." said Melodia, winking at Fluttershy as she left. Fluttershy turned to Discord.

"Did you need something?" she asked him.

"I just came by to wish you good luck my dear." said Discord in a charming voice. "And to give you this." He made a beautiful white lily appear and handed it to Fluttershy. She took a sniff from it and smiled.

"Thank you Discord, it's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." Fluttershy set the flower down.

"I'm gonna be very busy," she said. "Helping mother rebuild Amrista and everything. But, I was wondering if, you could stop by and visit me." Discord smiled and bowed before her.

"As you wish princess." he said. "After all, you need somepony to make your boring life interesting." He extended his elbow to her. "Shall we be off?" Fluttershy gladly took it and away they went. Discord was a dear friend, and she wanted to get to know him all the better.


The students and staff were gathered in the foyer, awaiting for the ceremony to commence. All were dressed in their finest, as they awaited for Queen Celestia to begin. The girls couldn't believe all that had happened to them in the beginning of the year, but one thing they knew, it was good to be together and to have peace at last. Fluttershy joined them, promising to visit one another whenever they had the chance. Finally, Queen Celestia and Princess Luna stepped before the ponies that had gathered, her head held high.

"My dear students." said Celestia. "I know that many surprising and unexpected things have happened here. But as you experienced them, you've become better, stronger ponies than you were when you first arrived here. I'm pleased to have taught you all, and hope that you will return to this school for the rest of the term. And now, with pleasantries aside, I'd like to call Princess Fluttershy of Amrista to stand before us." She made a motion, and Fluttershy nervously made her way up to them. She faced the crowd of ponies, wishing that she could just disappear completely, but sadly, that wasn't an option.

"Fluttershy and her friends have helped demonstrate together, the rules of a true queen. They've shown honesty, loyalty, laughter, generosity, and kindness. In turn, they defeated a great evil, and saved a dream old friend of mine." Her eyes fell on Melodia who was sitting in the crowd. "For that, I thank them all dearly." The ponies in the crowd applauded. Fluttershy smiled, and using her magic, she made her friends appear from their seat and at her side. Rarity waved and blew kisses into the crowd. Rainbow basked in the attention. Even Fleur looked begrudgingly impressed. Princess Luna leaned over and whispered into her ear.

"You've done well Fluttershy, better than I could've foreseen." Coming from the princess, that meant a lot. As Fluttershy had her friends with her and looked at Discord and her mother who were smiling up at her, she felt proud and confident. Like a true queen. There was no telling what the future had in store for her, but with her friends at her side, she could face anything that would come her way.




The End

Author's Note:

I'd like to thank all my readers and my brother/proof reader. I hope you enjoyed this fanfic and that you'll like my other fanfics. I also thank Hop313ssRomantic for her nice fan art that was sweet and inspiring. Kurusagi out! ^.^

Comments ( 16 )

Aww! That was a nice story! :twilightsmile: I loved it!

D'aww!:rainbowkiss:So cute! I could die!

And even Melodia can see this ship!

"Yes well, it's good to see that you're okay my dear." He smiled sheepishly. Queen Melodia playfully arched an eyebrow.
"Is he your gentlecolt friend?" she asked teasingly. Fluttershy batted a hoof.
"Mother, don't say embarrassing things like that!" Queen Melodia laughed a beautiful, and tinkling laugh.

"I'll leave you two alone." said Melodia, winking at Fluttershy as she left.

SHIP! SHIP! SHIP!:pinkiecrazy:

I sorta wish there was a sequel to this
so that way fluttershy will marry discord and who knows maybe having a baby too
just thinking

That was... AMAZING!!!
Fluttercord.
Hope there will be a sequel, but not preassure!!!
Good Job!!!!

I love the end and cannot imagine a better end to this story! Your very welcome for the fanart, I could hardly resist drawing it. I'm sure this story will be one of my absolute favorites for a long time.

6705423
I believe that the feminine version of Sir is Dame. When women are knighted nowadays, which they do in England for anyone they think is awesome (a number of actors have been knighted simply for being great actors, for instance), they're referred to as Dame. So Dame Spitfire would probably be better.

The Twin

Great story loved it :) I think this might be my favorite story of yours I've read.

I'm a give you all the pinkes.
:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

7227677

Why thank you! It was actually the first story I wrote, and so I wasn't sure if it was all that good when I finished it.

7650057

Not quite, I didn't even think about that.

7650389

Is it a link? I keep clicking on it, but nothing's happening.

7652182

Thanks! This is the first fanfic I ever wrote, so it's a bit rough. Hopefully I'll be able to get better. I hope you liked it okay.

Where can I find Hop313ssRomantic? Her website is down. ...Are you Hop313ssRomantic?

8069647

No, she's just a fan who was nice enough to provide this cover art. I'm not really sure how to get in touch with her. Sorry.

8587137
Yeah, sorry about that, this was the first fanfic I ever written, and it shows. I get a little embarrassed whenever I try rereading it, but hey, it just reminds me of how far I've come. Thank you for the feedback btw.

Login or register to comment