• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 2,311 Views, 72 Comments

Queen of Evil and Princess of Kindness - kurusagi16



Melodia, the queen of evil, was defeated long ago after trying to conqure the kingdom. And is traing her daughter, kind hearted Princess Fluttershy, to follow in her hoofsteps.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,311

Chapter 19: The beginning of the end

Chapter 19: The beginning of the end



The army of shadow ponies, clad in sharp armor and weaponry and prepared for battle, turned their attention to the large doors of the castle that were opening. They'd expected to see their queen, and were ready to follow her orders, but instead, they found a bunch of ponies and a Draconequus burst through the doors and heading into the army. Seeing the prisoners and the princess in their clutches, they attacked them. Rainbow Dash uppercut them, Applejack used her back legs to kick them, Twilight and Rarity used their magic, and Discord gave Pinkie control of his cannon, and she went nuts with it. Shooting cannon balls with reckless abandonment, and whooping all the way.

"Say hello to my little friend!" she yelled, pulling the cord.

Shadow ponies were flying left and right, but there seemed to be an endless supply of them. When one fell down, ten more came up in its place.

"Yeesh, when your mom makes an army, she knows how to make an army!" Rainbow shouted over the crowd of soldiers. She socked one in the jaw and knocked two soldiers together with their own heads.

"She's been planning this for years, she won't go down with a fight." said Fluttershy, staying close to Discord's side, shrinking away from the scary shadow ponies. Everypony battled valiantly, slowly plowing through the horde. They needed to get out of the kingdom, but they didn't seem to be making much progress in their escape. Queen Melodia rushed onto her balcony, robes swishing behind her and saw the scene below. Her eyes filled with anger. So many long, and tiring years of planning, and she was not about to let it all go to waste, not now, not while she was in charge. This was the last straw.

"That's ENOUGH!" shouted Queen Melodia. The fighting ceased as everypony turned their attention to Queen Melodia, who flew down from her balcony down to them. Her magnificent wings flapping like a great bird of prey, ready to reign death and misery upon them.

"This has gone on long enough. I've allowed you to go on with this farce, but now it's time to end it." Queen Melodia shot a blast of magic at the group, to her surprise, they were protected by a bubble of magic. She turned to her daughter who'd cast the spell.

"What is the meaning of this?!" demanded Queen Melodia. Fluttershy looked sadly at her mother.

"I'm sorry mother, I can't follow the path you want me to take. Give up Equestria, please mother." Fluttershy pleaded. Everypony took a step back, horrified by the hideous expression on the queen's face, as her eyes bored into Fluttershy's friends. She was more fearful than Fluttershy had ever seen her, which meant she was beyond furious.

"You've turned my own daughter against me. YOU SHALL PAY!!!" Melodia tried to attack them, but Fluttershy once again protected them with her shield.

"No! Your fight is with me mother. Don't drag anypony else into this." said Fluttershy, her face was bold, but she was shaking with fear. Queen Melodia cocked her head, mildly intrigued by the idea.

"Fluttershy..." Discord began, but Fluttershy silenced him with a look.

"Don't worry about me, this is something I have to do." She left her friends' side and stepped to face her mother.

"Let the battle begin." said Queen Melodia. Both pegasi took to the air to fight. The battle below continued, Discord however was still focused on Fluttershy as he watched her and her mother fight. Her white light entangling with her mother's dark light. The two forces clashing. Queen Melodia knocked her body into Fluttershy's the yellow pegasus, flapped her wings with all her might to keep her airborne. She was almost caught off guard when the queen launched a beam of magic at her.

"You can help you know!" shouted Rainbow Dash as some shadow ponies began piling over her, calling back the Draconequus' attention. Discord snapped his paw and sent a shock wave that caused all the soldiers to become as frozen as statues.

"Are you kidding me?! You could do that this whole time?!" yelled an angry Pinkie Pie. She let out a final blast from the cannon that narrowly missed his head. Discord shrugged.

"You ponies seemed to have been handling it fine without me, I didn't want to spoil your fun." Meanwhile, high in the sky, Fluttershy battled against her mother. Fluttershy mostly defended herself, not having learned any good attacking spells. Even if she did, her mother's magic was far stronger than hers. The queen did everything to catch her daughter off guard and used that opportunity to strike. Whether she used her magic, or attacked with her own fighting skills. Together they fought. Evil and kindness, darkness and light, mother and daughter, two souls that wished to be together but would ultimately need to make the final decision. A decision that could cost either side their life. Fluttershy panted, she couldn't hold her mother back for much longer. As she paused for a moment to gather her strength, her mother attacked her with a beam of magic. Causing Fluttershy to cry out and fall from the sky. Luckily she was caught in the arms of her dear friend Discord. She looked up into his eyes with surprise.

"You saved me." she breathed. Discord smiled tenderly at her.

"Really my dear, you must give me more credit, how could I not save you?' Fluttershy blushed. The two of them ducked as Melodia sot another beam of magic a them.

"I need to go." said Fluttershy. She gave a light peck on Discord's cheek and whispered, "Thank you," before returning to the fight. Discord placed a paw on the spot, it still felt warm from her touch. He felt his own face begin to blush.

"Things look pretty intense up there." Rainbow Dash commented as she looked up into the sky.

"You're right!" grumbled Discord. "Where is Celestia when you need her?"


On her way to the Dark Kingdom, Queen Celestia had been sidetracked in organizing the troops and had left a bit later than she expected. She hoped she wasn't too late.

"Sister, wait!" called a voice. Queen Celestia stopped in mid-flight to see her sister flying after her.

"Luna! I thought I told you to stay behind." she said.

"I know, but I can't let you go without me. It took the both of us to weaken Melodia, and it'll take the both of us to defeat her." Queen Celestia searched Luna's face and sighed, knowing nothing was going to change her mind.

"Very well, but stay close to me, there's no telling what Melodia might try to do. And we may already be too late." The two sisters flew off to the Dark Kingdom, where already a battle was taking place.


Twilight became very worried, her friend was getting tired, and Melodia appeared to have the upper hoof.

"We have to do something!" she said.

"Fluttershy wishes to settle this herself." said Discord, holding her back. "We must respect that."

"But she'll be killed!" Queen Melodia frowned at her daughter, it was time to deal the finishing blow. Her eyes filled with black light till they were completely consumed by it. 'Forgive me Fluttershy.' Fluttershy cast a shield around her as the magic shot down on her. Fluttershy strained, her shield was beginning to crack, and she'd be dead. If only she had more power! Twilight could almost hear Fluttershy's plea. An idea entered her head. It was crazy, but it just might be able to work, and could very well be the only thing that could help Fluttershy.

"Girls, get behind me!" she said urgently. There was no time to lose, the shield was about to collapse.

"What, why?"

"What's going on Twilight?"

"I have an idea, and I need your help in order for it to work. Now do it!" There was no time to answer questions, there was only time for actions.The girls did as she said and got behind her, Twilight spread her wings out and concentrated on the spell. Her body, along with the girls' began to glow with a light aura. She channeled this power straight into Fluttershy's body, giving her strength and filling her with magical power. The cracks in the barrier sealed and became much stronger than before. This power, she'd never felt anything like it before. Queen Melodia persisted, using every ounce of her power on the pegasus.

"It's still not enough." said Twilight. Discord stepped forward and added his own power into Fluttershy. He cared for her, and would willing do whatever it took to help her defeat the Queen of Evil if it meant saving her life. After all, she'd shown him that there was more to life than chaos. Something he didn't want to lose any time soon. Fluttershy gasped as she felt nearly endless power flowing out of her, she no longer strained to hold the barrier in place. Still, there was the matter of her mother left to deal with. Fluttershy looked at her mother with sad, pitiful eyes. Despite all she'd done, she couldn't kill her. And she couldn't banish her or lock her away, otherwise she'd try to escape, and become even more bitter than before. There was one thing left to do, and with all this power, she could do it. Fluttershy's eyes were consumed with brilliant white light. She enacted the spell she knew would bring everything to the end. From Fluttershy's heart came a blinding light that consumed her and her mother into it.

"No! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" cried Queen Melodia spitefully. The girls and Discord looked away from the blinding light. It spread out all across the kingdom. When it died down, Fluttershy and Queen Melodia were gone, not a trace of them left to be found.


"She's gone!" cried Pinkie Pie.

"Twilight, what did we do?" asked Applejack.

"I don't know girls." said Twilight. "I just don't know."

Author's Note:

To be concluded....

Sorry for not being too long, I just want to reach the end. I hope you like it.