• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 2,311 Views, 72 Comments

Queen of Evil and Princess of Kindness - kurusagi16



Melodia, the queen of evil, was defeated long ago after trying to conqure the kingdom. And is traing her daughter, kind hearted Princess Fluttershy, to follow in her hoofsteps.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,311

Chapter 17: Darkness rising

Chapter 17: Darkness rising



Fluttershy laid in her bed, wanting to cry but finding herself unable to. She couldn't believe what she'd done. 'It's my fault. It's all my fault!' she thought mournfully. 'I-if I hadn't stolen that spell book, if I hadn't befriended those girls and Discord, if I hadn't even gone to that school in the first place! Then...mother wouldn't be free, and she wouldn't have tried to kill them.' What would happen now? What did her friends think of her now? They probably wished they had nothing to do with her, and she really was like her mother. Evil, through and through. A knock broke through her thoughts.

"Go away!" yelled Fluttershy, her voice cracking with sadness. The door opened anyway, and in came Queen Melodia. She sat down next to Fluttershy on the bed.

"What do you want now mother?" asked Fluttershy. She felt defeated, what was left for her? Queen Melodia reached over to her side and pushed a medium-sized box to Fluttershy.

"What is it?" asked Fluttershy. Both wary and curious of it.

"It's a gift, I thought it would help improve your mood and make you feel better." Fluttershy felt a strange chill coming off of the box, but there wasn't much else she could do but open it, her mother watching, pressing her to see what was inside. She lifted the lid and found a well crafted necklace. The necklace was pure black, and had a single shining opal in the center.

"It's lovely mother, but I don't think that a necklace will make me feel any better." she said. Queen Melodia cast her eyes down upon the necklace.

"In the very least, try it on. I'd like to see how it looks on you." said Melodia. A full-length mirror was conjured in front of the pegasi. Fluttershy sighed and clasped the necklace around her neck. It looked almost as if a pair of black wings were wrapped around her.

"It looks perfect on you," said Melodia. Fluttershy wasn't so sure, but didn't argue. She moved her hooves up to take it off, when her whole body froze. A sharp, piercing feeling shot through her heart. Fluttershy let out a heart-wrenching gasp, and fell to the floor. Her breathing became rigid. Her mother acted as though nothing horrible were happening to her daughter. Fluttershy tried to stand herself up, but was parallelized by the pain.

"W-what...d-did you...do...?" Fluttershy gasped, trying to speak, but finding it to be difficult.

"It's for your own good Fluttershy. Everything I've done has been for you, for us. Don't fight it, let the darkness strengthen you, and harden over your heart, so you may not feel fear nor pain." Fluttershy let out another gasp, her heart filling with dark, horrible feeling. Her vision started to blur and she began to lose consciousness.

"H-help...me...somepony...help..."


It was chaos in the school, a chaos Discord didn't feel like enjoying. Why? He was the king of chaos! He was chaos itself! So then, why did he feel...depressed? Even admitting that he was depressed to himself bothered him. 'It's because of her, Fluttershy.' he thought, knowing it to be true. The events of what happened when Queen Melodia appeared rushed quickly in his mind. He'd been tricked, and he allowed himself to be tricked! 'That's probably why I feel depressed! I, the trickster of tricksters was tricked, by a talking mirror and her sweet, lovely daughter.' He was confused by that last thought. What in the world would make him think something like that?!

'She was sweet.'

Could've been an act.

'And she was lovely in her own way.'

Much good it'd do for somepony as under-hoofed as her!

Discord's ears perked up as he heard hoofsteps approaching him from behind. He didn't need to turn around to guess who it was.

"What do you want Celestia?" asked Discord. "Come to ridicule me on how I was fooled by a little princess?" Queen Celestia said nothing for a moment.

"I did not come to do any such thing." she said. "I just wanted to see if you were alright." Discord scoffed.

"You're better off elsewhere dear Celestia. I'm in no mood for your sympathies."

"Because of Fluttershy?" asked Celestia. Discord's silence was answer enough. "I know you two were close friends..."

"Sure, if you can call her a friend. Tricking me into freeing her vile mother who, may I remind you, sought to kill me. Not that would've succeeded mind you, but the fact that she attempted to is bad enough." Discord interrupted, his voice rising with his anger. Queen Celestia tried to remain calm.

"And need I remind you, that you were trying to escape in the first place." she said.

"Oh, don't try to turn this around onto me Celestia. It's because of you, that I wanted to escape from here, it's because of you that you allowed Fluttershy to attend here, and it's because of you that there's a Queen of Evil to begin with."

"You think I don't know that?!" snapped Queen Celestia. Discord was momentarily stunned by this outburst. Celestia sighed.

"Not a day goes by since I left Melodia that I don't regret what I've done. Every action I take to try to save her or somepony else from a similar fate only leads to more trouble." she looked to the side, her mind someplace else as she spoke. "I know that all this is caused by my own mistakes, which means I must do everything in my power to correct those mistakes and accept the consequences of my actions." Queen Celestia turned to leave, she stopped looked Discord in the eye.

"Fluttershy may have tricked you, whether intentionally or by her mother's orders, however I know that the friendship the two of you shared was, is, genuine. Please, keep that in mind." she said. Discord turned his back as the queen left. With Celestia gone, he allowed his anger to diminish a bit. 'What does she know? Genuine friendship indeed.' But the more Discord thought over it, the more he began to miss that yellow pegasus. No more tea sessions, she was probably back in Amrista, or the Dark Kingdom, or whatever it was called. Locked away, never to see anypony for the rest of her life. Genuine friendship. That's what the feeling that he felt in his chest was. What he felt around her.

"Now the question remains, where to go from here?"


The girls were all sitting together in Twilight's room, each one full of sadness over the loss of their friend. Even Pinkie Pie was down in the dumps! With one of the happiest ponies ever like that, it just showed how bad the situation had become.

"Do you think they're treating her well in the Dark Kingdom?" Rarity asked, breaking the sad silence.

"Who knows?" said Applejack. Rainbow Dash groaned and stood up.

"That's it! I've had enough moping around, we need to take action, we need to do something!" she said.

"Do what exactly?" asked Applejack.

"What else? We need to get Fluttershy back, and while we're at it, stop that wacko queen too!" Nopony said anything.

"Come on guys! This is Fluttershy, she's our friend and she needs our help. Now who's with me?" Twilight had been listening to the conversation. She wanted to help Fluttershy too! But, what could five ponies like them do? Queen Melodia had almost killed them with her magic! 'We could've been killed.' But as she thought this, she also thought, 'We could've...if it hadn't been for Fluttershy.'

"Alright, I'm in." said Twilight. Everypony turned their attention to her.

"Really?" asked Rainbow Dash. Twilight nodded.

"Fluttershy is one of the nicest ponies I've ever met, and she gave herself up to save all of us. The least we can do is return the favor, and get her back." Rainbow let out a whoop.

"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about." said Rainbow Dash. Applejack also stood up.

"Aw, heck! Count me in too, better to go out and help her, than sitting around feeling sorry." said Applejack. Pinkie's smile returned and she jumped up with joy.

"Alright, an adventure! This is gonna be fun!" she cheered. They all looked at Rarity, seeing what her answer would be. Rarity sighed dramatically.

"I'll go too, Fluttershy was such a darling friend, and it would be bad of me to refuse her in her time of need." she said. Everypony now had determination on their faces.

"Alright then, let's do this." said Twilight. 'Don't worry Fluttershy, we're coming!'


Queen Melodia stayed at her daughter's bedside, where Princess Fluttershy lay. She began to stir. Queen Melodia stroked her daughter's mane.

"Awaken my daughter, it's time for you to claim your destiny." she said. Fluttershy's eyes opened. No longer teal, but crimson red. Queen Melodia grinned evilly.

"Darkness is rising, and it's time for it to meet it's new queen."

Author's Note:

The necklace is based off the the element of harmony necklaces. The end is drawing near, the battle shall commence, and you won't want to miss it!