• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 2,311 Views, 72 Comments

Queen of Evil and Princess of Kindness - kurusagi16



Melodia, the queen of evil, was defeated long ago after trying to conqure the kingdom. And is traing her daughter, kind hearted Princess Fluttershy, to follow in her hoofsteps.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,311

Chapter 12: The truth will set you free...kind of...

Chapter 12: The truth will set you free...kind of...



There was a whirlwind of commotion in Queen Celestia's office as she did her best to calm down the unsteady teachers (surprisingly Discord wasn't among them when clearly it would be in his character to get in on this kind of uproar). Do to great shock, classes had been cancelled for the day and the princesses were sent to their assorted dorm rooms.

"I understand that it was quite a surprise for you!"

"Hah! That's an understatment." exclaimed Polaris. "Forgive me my queen, but it was one thing to bring that...that beast to this school, and have him teaching no less, but to discover that there was another!"

"I assure you, Fluttershy isn't like that." said Celestia. But no matter what she said, the panic in the teachers began to rise, all except for Luna and Cadence.

"Queen Celestia is right." said Cadence. "Fluttershy is one of the nicest, shiest ponies you'll ever meet. Could somepony like that possibly wish harm on anypony?" Polaris scoffed.

"Unless the students themselves agree with your views, I don't see why we should listen." As if on Que, Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, all came bursting in. Each with a worried expression.

'Princess Twilight, I thought I had everypony sent to their rooms." said Celestia. But Twilight stood tall and determined.

"I'm sorry Queen Celestia, but I had to tell you that what happened wasn't Fluttershy's fault." Her friends nodded in agreement. Luna cocked her head at the ponies.

"How so?" she asked.

Twilight said, "In the dining room, Fleur Dis Lee came over to our table and started to insult us."

"Well she mostly insulted Twilight and Fluttershy, but still." clarified Rainbow Dash.

"Thank you Rainbow Dash. The point is that Fleur was egging Fluttershy on, she wanted Fluttershy to react." said Twilight.

"I don't think she was expecting the kind of reaction that came from Fluttershy though." said Rarity. "I know I certainly didn't" A brief silence passed before Queen Celestia spoke up.

"We will speak further of this later." she said addressing the teachers. "For now, I need a word with these young ponies." The teachers didn't look too happy to leave, but trotted out of the office. Twilight looked up at Queen Celestia.

"Queen, that power that erupted out of Fluttershy, it was black magic...wasn't it?"

"...Yes, it was."

"I don't understand." said Applejack. "How can a pegasus use magic, much less black magic?"

"It was an inherited from her mother."

"Queen Melodia." said Twilight. Celestia looked at her surprised that she knew about Melodia.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

"Once again, you are correct Twilight Sparkle. I suppose it was only a matter of time before somepony found out." The rest of the girls however were still confused as to who they were referring to.

"Who's Queen Melodia?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"She was an old pupil of mine, as well as the first pegasus in the history of Equestria to possess magic. Though most ponies know her as the Queen of Evil." There was a collective gasp from the ponies, except Twilight and Rainbow Dash who only scratched her mane in confusion.

"The who what now?" she asked.

"She was foolishly corrupted by the power of black magic and sought to take over all of Equestria." clarified Princess Luna.

"Wait, wait, you expect me to believe that this evil queen or whatever is Fluttershy's mom?" asked Rainbow Dash incredulously. Princess Luna nodded, completely serious.

"Granny Smith used to tell stories about the Queen of Evil, it's hard to imagine her as Fluttershy's mother." said Applejack.

"Yeah, she's super duper mean, and Fluttershy is super duper nice!" said Pinkie Pie.

"That is the truth though. Before coming to this school, I made an agreement with Melodia that nopony would know of who Fluttershy really was. She said she'd be able to fit in better with the other princesses if they didn't know that the Queen of Evil was her mother." said Queen Celestia. "But now it seems that I have no choice but to send her back home."

"You're not going to expel her?"

"I have no choice. The students and teachers are rightfully in a panic. No matter what I say, nothing will convince them to let her stay for the rest of the year."

"But you can't! Fluttershy doesn't deserve to be expelled."

"Then what do you suggest?" asked Luna.

"I don't know, but please, don't expel Fluttershy. We'll do what we can to make sure nopony has to be afraid." said Twilight. Queen Celestia looked into each of their determined faces.

"You all are willing to defend Fluttershy?"

"Yep."

"Yes indeedy!"

"You got that right."

"Yes."

"Here, here!" Celestia looked over to her sister, she gave a curt nod.

"I'll do what I can, but I guarantee no promises." A smile spread across her face. "Fluttershy is fortunate to have friends such as you."

"Thank you Queen Celestia." The ponies left the office, leaving Celestia and Luna alone.

"Things are going to be quite difficult, now that Fluttershy's powers have been revealed." said Princess Luna. "But nothing I'm sure we can't handle together." Celestia looked at her sister who smiled at her. Celestia returned the gesture.

"Thank you Luna."


Fluttershy lay on her bed, softly crying to herself. She couldn't believe what she'd done. She'd never gotten angry like that before! She wanted to take it all back, but that wasn't an option. As she cried, her mind drifted to a memory from long ago, when she was a filly and her mother had come into the room to see what had caused Fluttershy to scream in fear. Fluttershy told her mother that the shadows were making all sorts of terrifying shapes. In response to this her mother had said:

"When you are queen, you will be feared instead of fearing others. You will stand tall and command attention." It was one of the few, almost motherly memories Fluttershy had of her.

"I don't think I'll ever be like that mother." she'd said. "I'm not strong or confident or anything like that. Not like you." Her mother's expression had became soft and distant.

"I wasn't always like this Fluttershy. Like you I too was...insecure. Afraid that nopony would ever love or respect me like they did my parents, or my mentor."

"What happened?"

"I discovered the beauty and fearsome might of black magic, and the secrets it held. As I learned, I began to discover the truth. Those ponies I tried to earn love and respect from were jealous and bitter of my talents. They envied the magic I was born with, magic that rivaled that of Queen Celestia. And for that, what did they do? They shunned me, never attempting to reach a hoof out to me when I needed it. I then realized I didn't need their love, or anypony else's. What good had love ever done me but break my heart?" Queen Melodia had looked at her solemnly and had said, "Let this be a lesson to you my daughter. Once you love or care for somepony, it will only lead to heartache and heart break."

Fluttershy looked up from her pillow. Her mother had been like her. At the time, she thought that meant that she could become nurturing, gentle and kind. But now, she was beginning to wonder if she was becoming like her mother. Bitter and evil. After all, she'd been dishonest in not telling anypony the truth, disloyal to the Queen's and her friends' trust, and had acted out of anger and cruelty toward Fleur. Maybe she was evil. Just as her mother had always wanted her to be. The door opened and all her friends stepped in.

Fluttershy blinked back tears.

"Fluttershy...?"

"Okay there sugarcube?" Rarity used her unicorn magic to pull out a silken handkerchief and wiped the tears away from her warm cheeks.

"I-I'm okay." she said, sniffling.

"So, your mom's the Queen of Evil." Fluttershy's eyes widened in surprise. Then lowered her head.

"You must think the worst of me." she muttered. Rarity shook her head.

"Fluttershy darling, why would we ever think the worst of you?" she asked.

"You all saw what happened. I...I..."

"You were only doing what Fleur wanted you to do. Overreact."

"It's not your fault, all your guilty of is defending Twilight and yourself from her insults."

"You-re, you're not mad?" she asked.

Rainbow dash shook her head, "Why would we be?"

"It doesn't matter to us who your mother is or what she's done, because to us you're not a thing like her." said Applejack. The girls gathered around the bed and pulled Fluttershy into a group hug. She closed her eyes and smiled at the kindness of her friends. With them, she felt a little bit better.


Fluttershy hadn't been expelled thanks to Queen Celestia and Princess Luna who came up with a way to make the teachers and students feel safer. They had imposed a curfew, with guards patrolling the dorm halls, and had assigned teachers to monitor the dining room, switching off between breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Fleur and her friends were receive all sorts of attention and sympathy from the princesses.

"I just knew there was something strange about her." she'd say to any who'd listen. "I can't imagine why Queen Celestia would let somepony like that continue going to school here. It's obvious she doesn't belong." Fluttershy winced at these comments. Every so often she'd look to her friends to see what their reactions were, but they just ignored Fleur all together.

"You shouldn't let what they say get you down sugarcube." said Applejack.

"I know but, I can't help it. I what else can I do?"

"We can start by helping them see the real you." said Twilight confidently.

"How?"

"Just be yourself, and everypony will see how wrong they were." Twilight hefted her saddle bag onto the table.

"We should also help you learn to better control that magic of yours. That way you won't loose control of it." Fluttershy didn't know what to say. Her eyes drifted to the other princesses then back to her friends.

"I'll do it."

Author's Note:

Last chapter took a lot out of me. And to anyone who think that scene where Fluttershy looses control is like another scene in a certain movie, that was purely by accident. The only way I could think of for Fluttershy's powers to be revealed was to have her lose her temper.