• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 2,311 Views, 72 Comments

Queen of Evil and Princess of Kindness - kurusagi16



Melodia, the queen of evil, was defeated long ago after trying to conqure the kingdom. And is traing her daughter, kind hearted Princess Fluttershy, to follow in her hoofsteps.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,311

Chapter 11: Revealed

Chapter 11: Revealed



Twilight, despite what Princess Luna had advised, couldn't seem to get that mare from the portrait out of her mind. There was something about her, and she couldn't help but wonder who she was. Seeing that Princess Luna wasn't going to give her any answers, Twilight decided it was best to find the answers on her own. She searched through the library for some clue as to the mare's identity.

"You okay sugarcube?" asked Applejack as Twilight flipped through her 15th book so far since beginning her research.

"You've been holed up in here since the trip to Canterlot. Is everything alright?" Twilight nodded.

"I'm fine, I just can't help but be drawn to that mare somehow."

"Well maybe you should take a break. Help clear your head." said Applejack, setting down a little snack for Twilight and left. Twilight closed the book in frustration. No matter how many books she sifted through, she didn't seem to be getting anywhere. Perhaps Applejack was right. A little break could be good for her muddled mind. Just as she was closing the book however, that's when she finally spotted it. A small illustration of the pegasus.

"Aha!" cried Twilight triumphantly. The librarian shushed her.

"Sorry." Twilight whispered. Smiling sheepishly at the librarian. She looked down at the book and immediately began to read it.



Queen Melodia of the kingdom of Amrista, was known as the most unusual pegasus in all recorded history. Daughter of King Viridian and Queen Maia, the mare had born with the gift of magic.

Twilight paused. 'Magic?' she thought to herself. 'How could that be? Pegasi can't use magic...right?' Twilight continued reading.

Ponies from far and wide gathered to see this miraculous princess. Despite having no horn, she could cast spells as well as any unicorn. Many theories and rumors sprang up, surrounding around how a non-unicorn could possibly possess magic. Nopony could come up with a sound explanation, and the rumors and theories remained. The talents of this filly intrigued Queen Celestia herself, who saw potential in her powers to help benefit all the ponies of Equestria. With King Viridian's permission, Queen Celestia took the pegasus princess under her wing, and taught her to better hone and use her powers. As the years passed, Princess Melodia grew into a lovely mare, who studied hard to become a good queen for her subjects, and take over for her father who was getting old and tired. Then, King Viridian received a letter from a good friend of his, pleading for his help to defeat a rampaging dragon in his kingdom. Unable to refuse a request from an old friend, the old pegasus king went to his friend's aid. The king died in battle after sacrificing his life to save another, and the dragon had been vanquished. With the king dead, and the late queen having died while in labor, Melodia was all alone to become Amrista's new ruler. The youngest ruler in Amrista at the age of 17.


Twilight turned the page, hoping for more, but there was nothing. She flipped through the book, hoping that there must've been some mistake. There had to be more! She let her head fall onto the book, trying to think about what she learned. 'A pegasus with magic.' she thought to herself. It was an interesting and fascinating thought. She thought about the look in Queen Melodia's eyes from her coronation portrait. That's when it hit her. 'A pegasus with a magic.' She remembered skimming through her Equestria History text book and catching those words as she'd flipped the pages.

Twilight reached into her saddle bag, pulling out her text book and searched for the words til she stopped near the end of the book. The section that held the most recent events to occur. She read the section.

The Queen of Evil, one of many who tried to claim Equestria for her own, was a pegasus with magic. Powerful, black magic that rivaled that for the royal pony sisters. When confronted by Queen Celestia and Princess Luna, the three beings battled for two days nonstop. When it seemed as though the battle would be in the pegasus queen's favor, Queen Celestia and Princess Luna combined their powers and managed to render the Queen of Evil helpless. Showing mercy toward her, Queen Celestia banished the mare to the confines of her kingdom in the far edge of Equestria. A magical barrier erected by the royal sister, made specifically to imprison the queen, and allow the innocent ponies of the kingdom to come and go as they pleased. But fearing their ruler's wrath, none had left in fear of what she'd attempt to do to them should they try to leave.

Twilight closed the book, having finished reading the section. Her mind was rapidly thinking as she pieced together what she'd read. The mare in the portrait, Queen Melodia of Amrista, was the Queen of Evil. There couldn't be that many pegasi that posses magic, and the fact that she battled against Celestia and Luna could explain why the princess seemed so upset by the portrait. But there was still something that didn't quite make sense. If they really were the same pony, then why did the history books describe them as if they were two entirely different? Twilight scratched her head. She'd figure it out later, for now she needed to take a little break. Placing the book back on the shelf, and trotted out of the library.


Fluttershy was glad to see that her mother had kept her word, when in Tea Etiquette class she saw the spell book sitting on Discord's desk. Perhaps her mother really did decide to listen to her and change her ways. But what she noticed was that Discord didn't seem to be using it. Had her mother been mistaken? No, she couldn't have. Was he waiting for something? What's more, her mother hadn't talked to her since the trip to Canterlot.

"Yoo-hoo! Fluttershy! You in there?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"Wha?" Fluttershy was pulled out of her thoughts.

"Are you alright darling?" asked Rarity. "You and Twilight both seem out of it lately."

"Oh, I'm fine, I've just had a lot on my mind is all." said Fluttershy.

"Same here." replied Twilight.

"Well I know something that will help with that." said Pinkie. "A nice big batch of my Granny Pie's special feel good cupcakes!" Pinkie Pie pulled out a large plate of pink frosted cupcakes from under the table.

"How does she do that?" Twilight wondered allowed.

"After being around Pinkie for a while, you learn to just kinda roll with it." said Applejack, taking a big bite out of a cupcake. The rest of the girls each took a cupcake and happily ate them.

"Hey, look who's coming over." said Applejack, pointing a hoof out at the approaching ponies. Fleur Dis Lee and her buddies Upper Crust, Charm, Florina Tart, Royal Ribbon, and Cinnabelle were making their way toward their table.

"What do you suppose they want?" asked Rarity.

"Maybe they want some cupcakes." said Pinkie Pie. Fleur stopped in front of the girls, looking at them distastefully.

"Ah, the peasants' table." she said with a sneer.

"What do you want Fleur?" asked Twilight, narrowing her eyes at the unicorn princess.

"Nothing much," said Fleur. "I was just wondering were you and Fluttershy wandered off to during the trip."

"And we should tell you, why?" asked Twilight. Fleur batted her eyelashes innocently.

"I'm simply caring about the well being of my fellow students, we were all very worried when you too disappeared." Twilight looked at her suspiciously, clearly not believing her.

"You already know where we went." said Twilight. "Fluttershy stopped to help Squire Rainbow Dash and I went to find Fluttershy." Fleur let out a light chuckle.

"Pardon me princess, but I find that story to be nothing more than that, a story." Fluttershy looked at her anxiously.

"W-why would you say that?" she asked. Fleur smiled at her slyly.

"Oh, I don't know, only that I happened to over hear Lady Spitfire say that the new shipment of armor came in days before the trip, and that Squire Rainbow Dash retrieved it by herself." Fluttershy gulped. What could she say?

"So I'll ask you, where did you go during the trip?" Fluttershy's throat tightened, her forehead perspiring.

"You just want to get Fluttershy in trouble." accused Applejack. Fleur shrugged.

"So what if I do? She should learn not to get away with lying to Princess Luna, or anypony else."

"Just go away Fleur." said Twilight. Fleur looked at her unimpressed.

"Says who, the princess who rules over a tiny village of under 200 ponies?" Fleur and her cronies laughed as Twilight's cheeks grew red with embarrassment.

"I mean it, go away." said Twilight angrily. Fleur turned as she was about to leave, but her horn lit up, pouring Twilight's cup over her books and papers.

"Oops! My bad!" said Fleur, not really meaning it, her pals laughing snarkily. Rainbow Dash had spotted the mean mares hassling Fluttershy and her friends and hurried to get somepony before things got real ugly real fast.

"How rude!" gasped Rarity. Pinkie Pie tried to get a good whack at Fleur, pawing at the air as Applejack held her back.

"You mean old meanie!""

"Let her be Pinkie." Fluttershy faced Fleur, her eyes narrowed. Twilight was her friend, and nopony treated her friends like that.

"I think you should leave." said Fluttershy softly. Fleur cocked her head, trying to listen.

"What was that?" she asked mockingly.

"I said, I think you should leave." repeated Fluttershy. Fleur scoffed.

"Or what? What can a pathetic pegasus like you do?"

"I-I..." she stammered.

"Oh dear, it seems she intends to stammer us into submission." said Upper Crust. Fluttershy frowned, she could feel herself beginning to loose her temper. She took a deep breath.

"Please, leave." Fleur bent down and smirked nastily, her face inches away from Fluttershy's.

"Make me, peasant." she said. Fluttershy could feel her face grow warm, her eyes glaring intensely. Fleur backed away as she saw a dark light glimmer in Fluttershy's irises.

"Leave us alone...NOW!" she yelled. All the princesses turned to see the commotion at the window table. Rainbow Dash entered the dining room, followed by Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, and Professor Polaris.

"What's going on here?" boomed Luna. But it was too late. A black surge of magic erupted from Fluttershy, knocking the ponies around her to the floor and shattering the glass in the window. The anger drained out of Fluttershy, she looked around her as all the ponies stared in shock at what had happened. What had she done? Fleur stared at her from the floor.

"What are you?" she asked. Fluttershy looked behind to her friends, also knocked by the surge. Fluttershy's eyes began to water. Her eyes tightened and Fluttershy galloped as fast as she could out of the dining room, leaving the shocked ponies behind in the dining room, still trying to figure out what it was that had happened.


Queen Melodia grinned to herself, having witnessed what had transpired in her mirror.

"Finally, she's called upon the power of black magic." she said. The image of her daughter tearfully galloping away from her friends and fellow princesses appeared in her mirror. The corner of Melodia's mouth tightened. Seeing her daughter brought to tears wasn't pleasant, but it was needed in order for her daughter to learn. She had to learn, just as she had all those years ago. When she too foolishly believed in the goodness of ponies and the peace of Equestria. Melodia changed to show the Draconequus performing the null spell in what he thought was solitude. The spell's effect wouldn't be evident for a month, until then, there was still much for her to do.

Author's Note:

Amrista is my own person realm for any fanfics I may choose to use it in. It doesn't need to connect to any AUs or whatever.

What will the mane 6 think of Fluttershy?