• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 3,844 Views, 409 Comments

A Pop Star, a Princess, and a Prisoner - Raptormon132



A once well respected resident of Ponyville has been released from prison for a false crime. But being as almost all of the townsfolk still believe he did it, it maybe a bit more difficult to get this pony back on his feet. Will the Mane Six succeed?

  • ...
27
 409
 3,844

PreviousChapters
Aftermath/Authors Speech.

Aftermath

Hoofstrong Prison Center

Five months after Abacus was released, the legal processing of the policy of removing the steelectric collars was resolved, and all the prisoners had all their collars removed. All except for a certain number of prisoners, the minotaur, Armstrong, all his guards, and all the members of the Canterlot investigation force, for Warden Rehab felt that it would be better to leave their steelectric collars on forever, with the exception of Turncoat. Ironically, they were sentenced to spend the rest of their lives behind bars at the very prison they were once in control of. And what was more ironic was the prison cell Armstrong, and Rotten Eggs were to share in was cell number 132, which in fact was Abacus Sum's old cell. Many believed it was poetic justice for that happening. Two years later, Armstrong was found dead in his cell one morning. The autopsy revealed that he died of a massive heart attack in his sleep. The news of Armstong's death was greeted with no sympathy, and was buried in an unmarked grave in the prison grounds.

During the two before Armstrong’s death, all the surviving, innocent victims were cleared of all crimes they were falsely convicted of. After Armstrong died, Hoofstrong Prison Center closed. Sadly, the victims of the first two years of the corruption ring, many of them deceased, could never be truly, legally be cleared of their wrongly convicted crimes. Instead were released anyway by order of the alicorn rulers from Turncoat's word. The innocent prisoners that survived were too psychologically and physically damaged to be released into the public, and many were sent to hospitals and psychiatric institutions to undergo years of reconstructive surgeries, physical therapy, and psychological reconditioning to even basically function in society again. Some would never recover from what happened to them, and were given induce amnesia, completely erase their memories, much to all the heartbreak and revulsion to the families of the surviving victim's families, and the general public. In total, there were 483 victims imprisoned from the corruption ring that went undetected for over a decade, not including the many children killed or sold to slavery. After Hoofstrong closed, all other true prisoners were transferred to other dangerous prisons around Equestria.

Hoofstrong Prison Center soon became a museum and a popular tourist destination, with many of the instruments and devices used to torture the prisoners, as well as all the numerous stories and photographs of what went on in that dark place were displayed and told. Hoofstrong Prison Center would always be remembered for it very dark and corrupted past. A past of how greedy, corrupted members of an investigation force with a disregard for life formed a secret, blood-thirsty, corruption syndicate with a high security prison meant for serving justice, and turned it into a place of horrors. For the surviving victims, the families of the victims who suffered and died, and the families who were left to pick-up the pieces following the ten year reign of terror of the corruption ring that operated between Canterlot investigation force, and Hoofstrong Prison Center, their nightmare will never be over.

Turncoat

Turncoat was treated more as hero than a prisoner, and used his time inside to help with clearing the innocent prisoners with the members of Task Force River. When Hoofstrong Prison Center closed down, he was released for his good service in clearing the innocent victims, and works as part of the special royal services in Canterlot. He remains in contact with Lawful Eye.

Blue Ward and Cover-up

Blue Ward and Cover-up, were sent to Mestenoton Detention Facility, where Cover-up committed suicide just a week after being transferred by hanging himself with a towel in his cell. Blue Ward continues to serve his time, while on suicide watch.

Rotten Eggs

Rotten Eggs's family, the Egg family have never visited him since their first visit, and have disowned Rotten Eggs, knowing he would always be known as the bad egg of their family responsible for the suffering and deaths of countless innocent victims. Abacus held no hatred towards the Egg family, for they were a good, loving, well respected family of Fillydelphian egg farmers, and remain on very good terms with them. When Hoofstrong Prison Center closed down, Rotten Eggs got transferred to Trottawa Penitentiary, one of Equestria's most dangerous prisons. No one comes to visit Rotten Eggs anymore since.

Strike Law and Rogue Order

The former police ponies of Cloudsdale were each sentenced to twelve years in prison, with a non-parole period of six years. Strike Law was sent to Port Trotter Penitentiary where four years later during his sentence, he got into a confrontation with a violent inmate, and was beaten to death with part of an exercise bike. Rogue Order was sent to Alcatrotz Island in San Franciscolt. After she served six years of her time, she was released on parole, where she moved to Las Pegasus, and got a job as a bouncer at a casino.

Warden Rehab

After the last innocent prisoner was cleared and released from Hoofstrong Prison Center six months after Abacus returned to Ponyville, Rehab retired from working in prisons, giving up his title of warden. Then he moved to Ponyville to work as deputy chief and watch house keeper of Ponyville police station as part of the Ponyville police force as he promised he would. He moved in with Derpy, and has been dating with her with the plans to marry her. He remains great lifelong friends with his police station colleges, the Main Six, Spike, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Abacus Sum. He also had become a father figure to Abacus.

Task Force River

Detective Chief Superintendent Open Case, Detective Inspector Under Cover, and Investigator Tough Job of the FPI’s Sydneigh office worked around the clock to get every innocent prisoner legally cleared, and exonerated, as well as track down all the children of the female victims that were sold to a sex trafficking ring. When the last innocent victim was cleared, the children all found, and the sex trafficking ring shut down, the task force was disbanded, but the three investigators continue to work together, and remain in Sydneigh as members of the FPI. They also remain in contact with Lawful Eye if either should ever need the other for assistance. Task Force River would go down in Equestria history as a devoted team of detectives who took down the worst police corruption, conspiracy ring ever recorded in Equestria’s history.

Lock Down

Since Lock Down and his family moved to Ponyville, they have been very happy. His wife, Sugar Dough had formed a baking partnership with the Cakes at Sugarcube Corner. She enjoys the joy of having her husband more closer to home than before, and to spend more time with her and their children. Lock Down became one of the most trusting, and approachable ponies, even while on duty. He and his family became very close to Lawful Eye and Abacus Sum, and remains great lifelong friends with them, the Main Six, Spike, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Lock Down became a big brother figure to Abacus, with his children calling him their uncle.

Storm Dasher

Since before and after his punishment with Coco-Nut, Storm Dasher has since been admitting to therapy, anger management, and counselling for how he feels. Like for how he felt when his wife, Firefly died on Scootaloo's birthday, how he want into a state of great depression and developed anger issues to the point of quitting his old job, how he turned to drinking, and where he would take it out on everyone, including his own daughter. Since after his short time in jail, he has tried to make things right again. Since seeking help, he has been getting better to being his own old self again, and has not touched another drop of alcohol ever again. He regrets not doing it earlier. His sister and sister-in-law, Lofty and Holiday have been a great help and support since moving in with him and Scootaloo. He has also made amends with his daughter, Scootaloo, and works as a partner manager with Rainbow Dash on the weather control group in Ponyville. He and Scootaloo had become close again. He eventually became friends with Abacus Sum, and has become closer friends with Coco-Nut due to what they went through together.

Coco-Nut

Coco-Nut and his family have been getting their lives back on the right track. They have been making amends with Abacus after their huge misunderstanding that got them all in trouble. Their daughter, Buttercup even apologized to Abacus for calling him scum at the Cloudsdale courthouse. Coco-Nut and his family, like Storm Dasher have had no trouble from anyone in town, for what Lock Down said to them about their convictions not giving them trouble was correct.

Sapphire Shores and Rad Ballad

Since hearing Abacus's tragic story, she and Rad Ballad have shared a somewhat close bond with Abacus. Right after Abacus released his autobiography of what he went through, her famous filmmaker friend, Film Reel once again asked for the rights to his life story to make the film on the events of Hoofstrong Prison Center, with the promise of a good share of the profits made by the movie and Sapphire Shores's new song. Abacus agreed. The movie was a great success, winning many awards, including best movie of the year, highest grossing film of the year, best story, and best production design. Sapphire Shores and Rad Ballad's song they wrote and recorded together for the movie became one of their bestselling albums, and winning many awards at the Equestria Music awards. It was generally well received by music critics, who frequently referred to it as the best ballad of both their careers. And as they had promised, a cut of the profits the movie and album made went to Abacus. They continually make a friendly relationship with Abacus. Rad Ballad has since had a very successful solo career, while still being Sapphire Shores's piano/keyboard player and co-songwriter. Using much of the money he makes from his music career to help care for his brother, Sound Wave, and his nieces and nephews in his father's care.

Lady Justice

Lady Justice continues to work as the court judge in Ponyville Courthouse, but still carries the guilt of how badly she misjudged an innocent stallion for a crime he did not do. If anything, the whole thing had made her a better and wiser judge. She and Mayor Mare wrote their own autobiography together about their pasts, and their point of view of the Abacus Sum case.

Mayor Mare

After the very good deed she and Lady Justice did, Mayor Mare's reputation was restored. She even once again won on the next election of mayor of Ponyville. Mayor Mare and Lady Justice wrote their own autobiography together about their pasts, and their point of view of the Abacus Sum case. They always treat Abacus with great respect, are always genuinely nice to him, and treat him like a true friend. While Mayor Mare also treats him like a son, like she should’ve been with Tiger Lily. As well as be the grandparent to Abacus and Lawful Eye’s twin children. Although Abacus had forgave them, he is still understandably a bit weary around them and does not fully trust them yet. Neither Mayor Mare nor Lady Justice hold that against him, but have faith that they both will earn his trust again.

Southern

Since joining the Ponyville police force, Southern has become quite popular, especially with the mares, mainly due to is former secret agent career, and his British charm. He also spends time with his sister, and his nephew, Pipsqueak. Pipsqueak looks up to Southern, and loves to be with him, calling him "The Best Uncle Ever!".

The Main Six

The Main Six remain great, close friends with Abacus Sum, Lawful Eye, Southern, Lock Down and his family. Then a few weeks later after Abacus's return, Twilight became an alicorn, and was granted the title of princess of friendship.

Abacus Sum and Lawful Eye

Lawful Eye had been working very well with being the chief of Ponyville police, with Abacus returning to work as a freelance accountant and tax agent. Three months later, Abacus and Lawful Eye got married, with all the ponies in Ponyville organizing a huge wedding, and followed by a one month honeymoon in Hawhinny. Then one month after they got back, Lawful Eye gave birth to twin foals, a unicorn colt they named "Keen Eye", and an earth pony filly they named "Lily Pad". Lawful Eye continues being chief of Ponyville police, as well as being a loving, caring, and devoted mother and wife to her family. She remains a good, loyal friend to everyone in town, especially with the Main Six, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spike, and her police force colleges, Lock Down, Southern, and Rehab.

Since returning to Ponyville, Abacus wrote an autobiography about his life, as well as the horrors of what he went through. His autobiography quickly became a very big selling book, especially since the release of the movie, and Sapphire Shores and Rad Ballad's album. He soon became one of the wealthiest ponies in Ponyville, rivalling even Filthy Rich. Taking Coco-Nut's suggestion in his apology letter, Abacus took up learning both boxing and karate, as a physical and mental health motivator. Abacus even goes to schools and conventions to give talks about his experiences, while also working as a freelance accountant and tax agent in Ponyville, and being a loving, caring, devoting father and husband. Although his mental state had made great progress, that he tries to be happy and positive, and that his psychotic rage episodes are gone for the most part, he still suffers from post-traumatic stress, and depression. And would need extensive therapy, as well as love, support, and affection from his friends and family.


Authors Speech

This story is a example of people round the world. People who like Abacus Sum in the story have suffered, and are and were victims of being imprisoned for crimes they do not commit. These reasons come from either from miscarriage of justice from tunnel visioned investigators, mistaken identity, or in the most malicious circumstances, conspiracy from criminals or police/government official corruption. This does not happen in just the USA, but everywhere round the world, even here in Australia where I live. The most famous example of this is arguably the case of Andrew Mallard. In 1994, Andrew Mallard, who was convicted of violently killing Perth woman, Pamela Lawrence in her Mosman Park jewellery shop. He was sentenced to 20 - 30 years in prison, despite the lack of evidence. Andrew Mallard was released 12 years later after journalist Colleen Egan, and shadow attorney general John Quigley found out that the Western Australian police had deliberately withheld vital information and evidence from Mallard's defence team.

After reviewing the case, they quickly located a record of a palm print which matched that of Simon Rochford, who had confessed to murdering his girlfriend, Brigitta Dickens, on the 15th July 1994, seven weeks after Mrs Lawrence was killed. The print had been found on the top of a display case in Lawrence's shop, which was significant, as it had been the practice of the shop staff to wipe the top of that case after each customer left. On this basis the review became a cold case review. The weapon used by Rochford to kill Dickens was a steel collar of the type used by weight lifters to secure weights to a bar. Rochford had attached the collar to a broom handle and used it to club Dickens to death. The actual collar could not be located in 2006, but its dimensions were known and a photograph was available. The shape and dimensions of the collar were consistent with the form of the wounds in Lawrence's skull. The photograph of the collar indicated that it was painted blue and a rucksack belonging to Rochford was found to contain blue paint flakes which were identical in chemical composition to those removed from Mrs Lawrence's wounds. Rochford's appearance, in particular his beard, was more consistent with the original accounts of eyewitnesses than was Mallard's. After being questioned about Pamela Lawrence's murder, he committed suicide in his prison cell.

With this uncovered information, Mal Shervill and David Caporn, the police officers in charge of the case, and the leading prosecutor in the Mallard case, Ken Bates were being investigated for corruption, and conspiracy by the Commission on Crime and Corruption. All three resigned from their jobs, thereby removing any chance of disciplinary proceedings going ahead, and to escape any prosecutions against them.

Andrew Mallard was given a payment of $3.25 million as settlement though the Premier of the state, Colin Barnett. Mallard should never have been behind bars in the first place, and he still suffers from the torment of being wrongfully convicted and spending 12 years incarcerated. Understandably, he says that he will never fully recover from the ordeal.

Abacus Sum in the story represents the victims who suffer from wrongful convictions and imprisonment around the world. Wrongfully convicted people may experience psychiatric and emotional effects from the conviction and subsequent imprisonment. They undergo enduring personality changes similar to that experienced by people suffering a catastrophic experience. They often exhibit serious psychiatric morbidity and display symptoms of disorders including post-traumatic stress disorder.

Wrongfully convicted people may also suffer ongoing emotional effects from the conviction and the disengagement from society that it brings. Fear of physical and/or sexual assault may cause some people to develop physically aggressive/intimidating character traits as a coping mechanism. They often exhibit feelings of bitterness, loss, threat, paranoia and hopelessness. Ironically, the accelerated pace of release that the discovery of a wrongful conviction will normally herald can have adverse effects. The graded release mechanisms (i.e. programs to facilitate gradual reintegration into the community) used in most jurisdictions can cause a greater upheaval to the person.

The process of being inducted into 'total institutions' such as a prison involves stripping away the prisoner's former identity. A new identity is forced upon them by the institution and/or other prisoners. This new identity may simply be 'a prisoner' or 'an offender' but also may extend to specific identities such as 'a rapist' or 'a murderer'. The acceptance and rejection of these labels by wrongfully convicted people involve considerable costs in both assimilating to the prison environment as well as qualifying for privileges. Maintaining what Campbell and Denov refer to as the 'burden of innocence' may be seen by prison authorities to evidence a lack of rehabilitation, therefore raising a prisoner's risk of recidivism. This may considerably impair a prisoner's chances of parole or other privileges. Within prison society, some offenders enjoy or suffer greater or lesser degrees of respect by reference to the crime for which they were convicted: sex offenders tend to be treated with disdain by prisoners and prison administrators, while murderers may be accorded a measure of respect, at least among fellow prisoners. In such an institution, respect may be a valuable asset in surviving. Given that wrongful convictions often go undetected, protesting innocence may not be in one's best interests.

Aside from these direct effects of accepting or rejecting their wrongful conviction, the possibility, however unlikely, of their innocence being discovered also means that prisoners lack certainty of a release date as a yardstick upon which to measure the effluxion of time. Wrongfully convicted people also suffer the physical effects of a confined environment, and may suffer physical and sexual assault, and abuse by inmates and even guards whilst incarcerated in prison. Even be physically scarred, deformed, and disfigured.

Abacus in the story suffered all of these things. Not all wrongly convicted prisoners are as deeply scarred as Abacus in the story, but all wrongly convicted prisoners can suffer a profound hurt for the rest of their lives. The road to recovery is long and hard for the wrongly convicted prisoner. There are speculated to be more than 1,000,000 new victims of wrongful imprisonment around the world every year.

Author's Note:

This is the Twenty-fifth (Aftermath/Authors Speech) chapter, and final chapter. I plan to make this story into parts for anyone wanting to do a dramatic reading of this.

Phew! Well, that's it, guys. This story is finally finished. This is without a doubt the longest story I've ever written. I never thought I'd finish it, but here it is. This speech I did was all made of facts and personal opinion. Though 60% of the speech is not my own words.

I plan to make three other stories involving Abacus Sum in future. I'll post a blog about it sooner or later, as well as a Q&A blog about the story.

Now I can mark it as complete.
Enjoy!


References:
http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current%20series/tandi/341-360/tandi356.html
http://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/wrongful-convictions-in-australia/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Mallard
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/wrongedman/
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/wrongedmantwo/default.htm

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 108 )

Awesome read. But what happened to rotten eggs during his prison time?

7944098
TBH I didn't really think about him. But most likely he rotted in prison, and got beaten and raped on a daily basis for the rest of his life. Maybe I should add something about him in. What do you think I should do?

Bye bye abacus se you soon:heart:.

:heart:Awesom work:heart:

7944132 perhaps have his family come visit to annonce their shame?

7944146
That sounds interesting. "I-de-a!" I think I'll try that.

7944136
Thank you! :pinkiehappy:
I think think the first side story I'll do is the story of Lock Down's childhood that he tells Abacus in Chapter 7 (Part 2). I recon it'll be funny...or at least I hope.

7944244 i can't wait im like Pinki now:pinkiecrazy:

7944146
Just added Rotten Eggs's outcome. I squeezed it into Hoofstrong Prison Center's aftermath. I hope it's good.

This was a very good read. Glad to see the corrupted guards and officers got their comeuppance.

7944634
Thank you. I'm glad you were not disappointed. :twilightsmile:

It was a good read and actually thought-provoking story.
Good job!
media.tenor.co/images/dd2e2c88d996d9a78f4d0e4cf7865735/raw

7944844
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

7946953
Thank you. I put so much time and effort into this story. I hope there will be many people who take the time to read and enjoy it. :twilightsmile:

7945654 why would i i mean this is the longest story iv read so far and great work in deed keep it up you have a talent for it

7947951
Why, thank you! :pinkiehappy: I take that as the nicest complement.
I hope there will be others like you who will take the time to read it, and love it too.

Well done! Father of two foals, nice. And richer then Filthy Rich? Hope he won't go into a argument with Spoiled Rich or any other buisness rivals with the richs. Not that his nightmare starts all over again.

7966697
I doubt he will, considering Filthy Rich has a good relationship with Abacus.
It was unknown what was the first baby Abacus lost when Tiger Lily got killed, so I made it that Lawful Eye would be a father to twins, one being a unicorn colt, and the other being a earth pony filly to make up for the loss.

Spoiled Rich? Who is Spoiled Rich? Is he/she a character I don't know of yet?

Comment posted by StarzGecko deleted Feb 22nd, 2017
Comment posted by Raptormon132 deleted Feb 22nd, 2017
Comment posted by StarzGecko deleted Feb 22nd, 2017

7967422 they wrote the Note with the threat to burn it down if i got it right. Had never thought they would do that

7967403 i did, suits the Situation perfectly

7967379 i understand good that their Parents acted right

7967281 i did read that after i commented. Was my First thought when i read that Chapter

7967149 sadly, I can't remember it's been years when i watched it

7968183
No they didn't. It was Button Mash and his friends. Button Mash confesses it in chapter 22.

7968275 must been over saw that. Based on the cmcs reaction when luna spoke about it, I thought it was them

7968275 and Sounds silly but as I read that he lost his wife in a house fire, it reminded me of one of my own stories i wrote where something familiar happens

7968205
Well, who was in it? Where and when was it set? And was this child and his family black or white?
Here's a small list of a search of movies of that description or close enough to help jog your memory.

Devil's Knot
Murder on a Sunday Morning
Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills
After Innocence

7968362 white, set in germany in the 21 century. I can remember that the Boy took a walk in the park. At the Same time, a murder happened in the park and everyone thought he was the murder as the investigations procced until it turned out he had nothing to do with the murder. The angry people even attacked his Parents, like putting Graffiti on the car of his mother that read "murder" and hanging a doll infront of the house saying "murder"

7968289
Well, Luna was actually speaking to all the children, excepted for the CMC. Because Apple Bloom (sick with chickenpox), and Scootaloo were at Sweet Apple Acres, and Sweetie Belle was on vacation in Hawhinny (pony version of Hawaii). So they couldn't have done it.

7968385 hawshinny, good name. And some Kind of funny too.

7981869 No problem, I'm really enjoying it so far! I'm also a super neat freak when sorting, I have shelves for almost everything. :twilightsheepish: The most important one is the 'Favoritest Fics' shelf though, it's for the best of the best. And it's right there too, along with a lot of others.
7981979 Ya, I found Apple Bloom and Abacus so cute together. :scootangel: Who wouldn't? Makes me want to draw the two of them cuddling. :yay:

And I'm also liking Lawful Eye, she seems like a nice... Well, detective. Compared to most of Canterlot's police force, she's practically am angel. :rainbowlaugh:

7981982 :trixieshiftright: What are you talking about? I wouldn't kill them. Do I look like that kind of pony to you? :pinkiecrazy: I wouldn't hurt a fly... But maybe some evil guard ponies... How are you even seeing this? You didn't hear anything...

Also, thanks so much for the watch! :yay: I really appreciate it.

7982057
I see. Nothing wrong with being a neat freak. :raritywink:

It's be interesting if you did draw Apple Bloom and Abacus cuddling together. I'd like to see what the scene from chapter 2 I've quoted below would look like. :twilightsmile:

Applejack got curious as to what Big Mac wanted her to see without making a sound. She peered in the room to see Abacus sitting in the same spot on the sofa asleep with his head resting on the arm of the sofa, along with Apple Bloom asleep with her little hooves still wrapped around him and her head resting on his lap.

7982096 Ill try to make that in a few days, when I have the time. It won't really be anything big or fancy, just a drawing on paper, but I'll send you a pic when it's done (give me until Thursday and it'll probably be done.) :twilightsmile: Also, just for reference for myself, Abacus's mane and tail look like they do in the cover art, or is that after his mane-cut?

7982124
Well, Abacus in the cover art is after his mane-cut. He could look somewhat scruffy. Kind of like a mix between a homeless guy (but with no beard), and this image of Rainbow Dash and Applejack in Fall Weather Friends.
That's the best I can describe Abacus before he was cleaned up, and had a mane-cut. Oh, and also remember that Abacus has a horrific scar on the left side of his face (from a dog attack). So don't forget that. You can see his scar in the cover art. :raritywink:

I look forward to seeing what it looks like. :twilightsmile:

7982210 Alrighty, thanks! :twilightsmile: I'll try to make it as cute as possible (but is there any possible way NOT to make it cute lol?) but I probably won't color it in. Maybe I'll actually buy some markers though and do that... Haven't really experimented with them too much. :yay: Goodnight, or morning, or afternoon! Cya later. :pinkiesmile:

7967379

Kid's act and believe as their parents do. Applebloom and Scootaloo are the only kids that trusted him because they both had role models that trusted him. I like the story but Luna was wrong to allow them to see that. Seeing things like that can have a profound effect on a child. Some might come out shaken but stronger for it while others could break down mentally and suffer from life long depression.

One other part that kinda made me do a double take was Southern more or less saying "BTW I tortured and raped him too, sorry bout that, my job after all." It's not the fact that he had to do it, I get it, he's undercover. "No Russian" and all that but that was kind of a gloss over right there.

7983920
Maybe so, but it was the only way to prove Abacus's innocence. And Luna was respecting Abacus's wishes to show everyone his innocence and what he suffered as a result. And Luna and Celestia were also quite angered by Ponyville's treatment towards him. Luckily all the kids come out shaken but stronger for it, instead of the latter.

As for Southern, he said that because he felt very guilty for doing it to him while going undercover. It effected him as much as everyone else. Also it's a foreshadowing on what he will do in one of the stories I plan to write sooner or later.

Love this story. I particularly enjoyed Chapter 20 as I always love the ignorant getting lectured to the point that they are fully aware of how badly they messed up, funny thing is that the lectures they were given is usually how I imagine giving a lecture to an ignorant character in a story, movie, or tv show, so it was pretty cathartic for me. And I immediately noticed your Dr. Wolf reference, all I can say is that it made me happy.

7998101
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. So much to add it to your favorites. :twilightsmile:

And awesome you noticed the Dr Wolf reference. Where did you see it, if i may ask? :ajsmug:

BTW if you interested, I'm doing a Q&A blog of the story, "A Pop Star, a Princess, and a Prisoner".
If you're interested, the link is below. :twilightsmile:

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/719287/-a-pop-star-a-princess-and-a-prisoner-qa

7998150
I saw the Dr. Wolf reference in Chapter 23

The psychologist seeing and examining Abacus was very kind, patient, and very understanding. And he himself was a resident of Ponyville, but somewhat new to the town, so he was not someone who believed he was a murderer due to him not knowing about Abacus until recently in the papers, and Abacus did not know about him either. Twilight herself had suggested this psychologist to Abacus, knowing how...different he was,

It was pretty obvious to me who you were talking about, especially that last bit about him being "different".

Login or register to comment