• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 3,833 Views, 409 Comments

A Pop Star, a Princess, and a Prisoner - Raptormon132



A once well respected resident of Ponyville has been released from prison for a false crime. But being as almost all of the townsfolk still believe he did it, it maybe a bit more difficult to get this pony back on his feet. Will the Mane Six succeed?

  • ...
27
 409
 3,833

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: "I Have Nopony!"

Author's Note:

This is the eighth chapter. The ninth chapter will be up sooner or later...I hope. I plan to make this story into parts for anyone wanting to do a dramatic reading of this.

Note: This chapter is mostly a flashback chapter linked to seventh chapter.

Enjoy!

Two weeks ago...


Warden Rehab sat at his desk inside his office sorting out Abacus's release forms. He glanced at the clock on the wall that read 9:50 am, which meant Abacus was due anytime now. The door of Warden Rehab's office opened, and two royal guards entered, with Abacus in restraints. One of the royal guards was Lock Down. They stopped in front of Warden Rehab's desk.

"Do have a seat, Abacus." Warden Rehab said.

Abacus slowly, and depressingly sat down in front of Warden Rehab's work desk with Lock Down and the other royal guard standing on either side of him.

Warden Rehab presented the forms, and cleared his throat. "Well, Abacus. You're just a few steps away from being officially free." He placed the forms down in front of Abacus. "These forms are filled out, and all that's left is for your signature on each of them. Though you will be required to testify against Armstrong and his guards in court in six weeks time. Do you understand these terms?"

Abacus did not say anything, he just sadly closed his eyes and slowly nodded. Warden Rehab then levitated a pen to Abacus with his magic, and pointed with his hoof at the bottom of the forms. "Just sign right here, and here."

Abacus depressingly took the pen in his mouth, and leaned forward to sign the forms. He slowly writes his signature on each of the forms, and puts the pen down. Warden Rehab took the forms, and inspected each of Abacus's signatures. He looked up at Abacus, and smiled.

"Everything checks out." Warden Rehab turned to Lock Down. "Take Abacus to block four."

Lock Down nodded. "Yes, Warden." He turned to Abacus. "Well, Abacus. Let's get going."

Abacus got up from the chair at Lock Down's instructions, and walked out of Warden Rehab's office, with Lock Down, and the second guard. Warden Rehab followed them.


Abacus soon found himself in an empty, smooth concrete floored room with Warden Rehab, Lock Down, and two other guards.

Warden Rehab turned to Lock Down. "Remove his restraints, and his jumpsuit."

"With pleasure, Warden." Lock Down said.

Lock Down's horn began to glow, and the restraints on Abacus's hooves began to be removed with Lock Down's magic. When the restraints were off, Abacus's jumpsuit began to be engulfed in Lock Down's magic. A few seconds later, there was the sound of tearing, and ripping as the jumpsuit was being effortlessly torn apart by the major stitching points. Abacus cringed from the ordeal. Then when the tearing and ripping sound ceased, Lock Down lifted the jumpsuit with his magic, and it slipped right off of Abacus's body easily. With his restraints and jumpsuit removed, Warden Rehab came a bit closer to Abacus.

"Now hold still, Abacus, while I take the steelectric collar off you." Warden Rehab said.

Warden Rehab's horn began to glow brightly, and Abacus's steelectric collar began to glow brightly with Warden Rehab's magic. Abacus closed his eyes, and began to sob and whimper, feeling he was going to be shocked again. Then with a "CLICK!", the collar unlocked, and Warden Rehab removed it from around Abacus's neck. Abacus continued to sob and whimper with his eyes tightly shut. Warden Rehab came over to Abacus, and placed a gentle hoof on Abacus.

"Abacus, it's okay," Warden Rehab said. "The collar's off, and will never trouble you again."

Abacus slowly opened his teary eyes. He slowly lifted his hoof, and felt around his neck to feel that the steelectric collar that was once around his neck was gone. Abacus began to quietly sob again, as Warden Rehab, Lock Down, and the two other guards smiled.

Warden Rehab patted Abacus's shoulder to comfit him. "It's over now, Abacus. You're not a prisoner anymore. You're free." He turned to Lock Down. "Lock Down. Take Abacus to the lobby. Lawful Eye will be expecting him when she arrives to pick him up soon."

Lock Down smiled and nodded. "Yes, Warden." He walked over to Abacus, and guided him with a friendly hoof around Abacus's shoulders. "Let's get you to the lobby, bud."

Warden Rehab watched as Lock Down lead Abacus away to the lobby.


Lock Down and Abacus continued down the halls, and through the last security door that entered into the lobby. They stood around in the lobby, and Lock Down looked at the clock on the wall that read exactly 10:00 am, before turning back to Abacus.

"Well, Abacus," Lock Down said. "Looks like your nightmare is over. Your first day back into the outside world starts soon. No more chains, no more barred cells, no more steelectric collars. It's all behind you. I don't know about you, but if I were you, I'd be planning a really nice vacation somewhere. Like Sydneigh, or Manehattan, or Las Pegasus. In fact, I hear Hawhinny is really good this time of year. I think you'd need that after all this."

Abacus did not show any joy from his situation at all. Lock Down tilted his head, puzzled as he saw another sad tear come out of his eye, and down his cheek.

"Why still the tears? You're a free pony now." Lock Down smiled positively. "I bet all your friends and family will be so happy to see you, and are probably planning the biggest "Welcome Home" party for you when you get home."

Abacus shook his head. "...No."

"No?" Lock Down asked. "But what about your mother? Surely she'll be so happy to see you?"

Abacus winced and shook his head. "No, she won't."

Lock Down blinked. "But she's your mother, Abacus. She won't care if you were in prison."

Abacus looked at Lock Down, looking very upset. "How can she even care?! My mother is dead! She's been dead for nearly a year!"

Lock Down's eyes widened with shock at both Abacus's outburst and at how he knew about his mother's death. "How do you know that?"

Abacus winced, struggling not to burst into tears. "...Armstrong. ...They told me."

"Poor widdle baby. Hurting. Cwying for his mommy to come and save him. Hahaha!"

"That reminds me. You don't have a mommy anymore. Because your dumb-ass bitch mommy's dead. That's right, scum. She died of cancer, slow and painful. Hehehe! Too bad she never got to see her baby before she died."

"She would've died of a heart attack hearing you scream."

"AHHHHH!!!"

"Hahaha!"

"Go on and cry all you want, because she's dead, trash! You ain't never going to see your fucking mommy ever again, Abacus Scum!"

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Lock Down was in great shock after hearing Abacus's retelling of what happen, speechless at what he heard. Abacus glared at Lock Down with tears in his eyes.

"You've been lying to me! All of you have! And all this time, I already knew the truth!" Abacus began to cry, while struggling to keep his anger. "So if you say I have so much waiting for me, you're wrong! I have no home to go home to! I don't have any friends and family waiting for me! I have nopony at all!!"

Abacus began to sob and cry with his head down, as he turned away from Lock Down.

Lock Down reached his hoof to Abacus. "Abacus, plea-"

Abacus angrily turned around to Lock Down before he could touch him. "LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

Abacus turned back and continued to cry his heart out. Lock Down's heart sank to see Abacus like that, it also sank more to find out that he knew the truth about his mother's death the whole time. And the fact that Lock Down did not know about Abacus's mother being dead, and that it cruelly came from Armstrong and his guards, made everything so much worse.

"I'll get Rehab," Lock Down said. "He'll have a talk with you about it. Just wait here, Abacus. I'll be back."

Lock Down walked back through the security door to go and get Warden Rehab, leaving a distraught Abacus alone in the lobby.


Lock Down approached Warden Rehab in one of the halls of the prison. There, he explained the situation to him.

Warden Rehab dropped his eyes. "So he's known about his mother's death the whole time?"

"Yes, Rehab," Lock Down said. "And he's very distraught."

Warden Rehab sighed. "I better go and have a word with him. Seeing him so distraught is the last thing Lawful Eye needs to see."

Warden Rehab and Lock Down walked down the halls, making their way to the lobby. A few minutes later, they exited the last security door to the lobby. They both looked around the lobby, but Abacus was gone.

"Where is Abacus?" Warden Rehab said.

"I don't know. I left him here in the lobby to-" Lock Down's eyed widened. "Oh no!"

Lock Down and Warden Rehab rushed outside through the lobby door. They looked around outside, but Abacus was nowhere in sight.

"He's gone," Lock Down said. "He must have ran away."

Warden Rehab looked at Lock Down. "Get some of the guards and search the inside and outside. We have to find him."

Lock Down ran back inside to get some of the other guards to start searching for Abacus.


________________________________________________________________


Back in the present...


Warden Rehab and Lock Down sighed as they finished recalling the morning Abacus was released, and ran away soon after.

"We searched everywhere, but Abacus was nowhere to be found." Warden Rehab said.

Spike looked at Lawful Eye. "And that's pretty much when you showed up, huh?"

Lawful Eye nodded. "That's right."

Lock Down dropped his head. "I shouldn't have left him alone. If only I knew that his mother died. If I haven't had mentioned about his mother, this never would have happened." He growled and pounded his hoof hard on the table. "Armstrong! Damn that scumbag! Tormenting him with his mother's death like that!"

Warden Rehab patted Lock Down's shoulder. "Take it easy, Lock Down. Don't blame yourself."

"Yeah," Spike said. "How were you suppose to know about his mother being dead?"

"That's true, Lock Down. Besides, it was something that was kept between Rehab and myself. So I don't blame you, either. I thought I was to blame for not telling him the truth earlier. But you are right. That evil, sadistic minotaur is a scumbag. I doubt the courts will be merciful to him and his guards." Lawful Eye adjusted her glasses. "Though I am worried about Abacus's dormant rage that he showed yesterday. Especially since it wasn't the first time his rage showed."

Twilight blinked. "It wasn't?"

Lawful Eye nodded. "On the day of the royal guard raid of Hoofstrong, Abacus injured one of Armstrong's guards in a rage."

Spike tilted his head. "So what did Abacus do to that guard?"

Lawful Eye turned to Spike. "Trust me. You don't wanna know."

"Well, I just hope the town doesn't provoke him enough for him to go into another rage like that." Twilight said.

Lawful Eye sighed. "I hope so too."

"Well, we're here now," Warden Rehab said. "So Lock Down and I will do everything we can to help."

Lock Down cleared his throat. "Speaking of which, we should try and find a hotel to stay in if we're going to stay and help."

"That won't be necessary," Twilight said. "You two can stay here."

Warden Rehab turned to Twilight. "That's very kind of you to offer Twilight, but we mustn't impose."

Twilight waved a hoof. "It's no problem at all. We have plenty of room for you two. It's the least we can do for you."

Lock Down and Warden Rehab thought for a moment, looked at each other with a nod, and turned back to Twilight.

"Thank you, Twilight," Warden Rehab said. "We accept your generous offer."

Lock Down smiled. "It's most kind of you."

Twilight smiled, nodded, and turned to Spike. "Well, Spike. Looks like we have two more guests staying with us."

Spike sighed. "I guess we'll have to shop and cook for two more then."

Twilight, Lawful Eye, Warden Rehab, and Lock Down began to laugh and chuckle at Spike's remark. They filled Warden Rehab and Lock Down in with all of what was happening. It was good that there was two more here to help Abacus. But with how much hatred, anger, and fear the town had of him, they each knew that he will need all the help he can get.

PreviousChapters Next