• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 3,846 Views, 409 Comments

A Pop Star, a Princess, and a Prisoner - Raptormon132



A once well respected resident of Ponyville has been released from prison for a false crime. But being as almost all of the townsfolk still believe he did it, it maybe a bit more difficult to get this pony back on his feet. Will the Mane Six succeed?

  • ...
27
 409
 3,846

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: "Welcome Home, Abacus." (Epilogue)

Abacus began to awaken from a good night sleep. He opened his eyes to find himself in the same hospital room he had been in for the last five days since he had surgery performed by Dr Cosmet Wonder. Abacus could feel the mild soreness and tenderness on the left side of his face, though it was not as the first few days after the surgery. For the whole time, Abacus was worried about whether or not the surgery was successful. Although Dr Cosmet Wonder did say that he would still have some scarring on his face, but it would not be hideous to look at, and that it would look much more close to normal. All this did not mean he was any less concerned of the outcome.

Abacus looked to his left to see a covered tray on his over-bed hospital tray, knowing that the nurse had brought in his breakfast while he was still asleep. He sat up, and brought his tray over towards himself. Taking the cover off, Abacus found that it had scrambled eggs and buttered toast, and a mug of cocoa that was surprisingly still warm. He then started eating his breakfast. About halfway through his breakfast, the door to his room suddenly opened. Abacus turned to see Lawful Eye enter into his room, along with a very pale yellow unicorn mare with a pale, light grayish crimson colored mane and tail, and wore a white doctor's coat with a name badge that said "Dr Cosmet Wonder" right behind her.

"Hi, Abi." Lawful Eye said.

"Good morning, Monsieur Abacus," Dr Cosmet Wonder said in a mild French accent. "How are you feeling zis morning?"

Abacus took a sip from his mug of cocoa. "...okay, I guess."

Dr Cosmet Wonder smiled and walked over to him. "Well, it is nice to see zat you are eating well. I zink you might be able to go home later today. How about we see how ze surgery turned out? No?"

Dr Cosmet Wonder stood in front of Abacus as she slowly began to remove the bandage wrapped around the left side of his face with her magic. Lawful Eye came up to the right side of Abacus's bed just as Dr Cosmet Wonder finished removing the bandage from Abacus's face. Dr Cosmet Wonder looked at it, and smiled.

"Oh, magnifique!" Dr Cosmet Wonder said. "It is healing very nicely."

"Let me see, Abi." Abacus turned his head to face Lawful Eye. She smiled with amazement at seeing Dr Cosmet Wonder work. "Oh, Abi!"


Two weeks later...


The eight months came and went. The whole town came together around Ponyville's town square to attend the grand opening of Ponyville's first ever police station that evening. The town had set up multiple stalls and tables serving food and drinks, and fun activities for the celebration. They gathered round facing a stage that was set up outside the town hall, near the new police station that had a large red ribbon bordering around the outside of the building. On the stage was Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Mayor Mare, and a strong gold coloured unicorn stallion with a moderate Persian blue mane and tail wearing a police dress uniform. They were due to commend the new police ponies in police dress uniforms assigned to run the new police station, with them being Lock Down, Southern, and Lawful Eye.

"Fillies and gentlecolts,” Mayor Mare said. “As mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the grand opening celebration of Ponyville's first ever police station! And now I present her royal highness, Princess Celestia!"

The crowd cheered as Celestia stepped forward, and Mayor Mare stepped back to let the princess speak. "Thank you, everypony! Tonight, we are gathered here to celebrate the grand opening of Ponyville's first police station." She turned the town's attention to Lock Down, Southern, and Lawful Eye. "And to commend these three great ponies for their devotion to running it." She turned to Lock Down, Southern, and Lawful Eye. "Please step forward."

Lock Down, Southern, and Lawful Eye stepped forward at Celestia's request. Celestia turned back to the crowd. "These three ponies have been selected and accepted the offer of being the ones to run the new police station. Each of them have shown such great determination, skills, courage, and even sacrifice to prove that they are more than capable." She turned everyone's attention to the strong gold coloured unicorn stallion. "Commissioner Gold Shield?"

"Your highness." Commissioner Gold Shield said.

Commissioner Gold Shield levitated the first promotion police badge as Celestia turned the crowd's attention to Lock Down. "First...to Lock Down. For his loyalty, strength, sense of humour, and outstanding compassion when it was most needed. We award him the rank of Sergeant."

The crowd began to cheer, as Commissioner Gold Shield pinned the promotion police badge to Lock Down's police dress uniform, and saluted. Lock Down smiled and saluted back. He turned to the crowd and saw his wife, Sugar Dough and their three children waving and cheering at him.

"Yay, Dad!" Lock Down's son called out. "You're the best!"

Lock Down smiled with pride at his family's support in the crowd. He turned and stepped back, as Celestia turned the crowd's attention to Southern.

"Next, for his skill, and great courage when going undercover, as well as the sacrifice of his secret agent career," Celestia said. "We award the rank of Lieutenant to Southern."

The crowd began to cheer, as Commissioner Gold Shield pinned the promotion police badge to Southern's police dress uniform, and saluted with Southern saluting back.

"Way to go, Uncle Southern!" Southern turned to the crowd and saw his nephew waving and cheering at him, which turned out to be none other than the little, pinto patterned earth colt, Pipsqueak. "Yay! You're the best uncle ever!"

Southern smiled and winked at Pipsqueak before moving back a bit on stage. Celestia then finally turned the crowd's attention to Lawful Eye. "And finally last, but definitely not least, to Lawful Eye. For her love, devotion, amazing skills of investigation and leadership, and for her determination to even sacrifice her own career and well-being for the sake of another to keep them safe. It is with utmost confidence and pleasure to grant Lawful Eye the full command highest rank of Chief. Detective Investigator!"

The crowd began to cheer, as Commissioner Gold Shield pinned the promotion police badge to Lawful Eye's uniform. "Congratulations...Chief. Detective Investigator Lawful Eye." Commissioner Gold Shield smiled proudly and saluted.

"Thank you, sir." Lawful Eye said, and saluted back with a smile.

Celestia smiled and turned back to the crowd. "May these ponies serve and protect this town well!"

"And now as your princesses of Equestria," Luna said. "We hereby declare the new Ponyville police station officially open!"

Celestia and Luna levitated a large pair of golden scissors, and used it to cut the large red ribbon surrounding the police station as the crowd applauded and cheered. The Main Six, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spike, and Warden Rehab came over to Lawful Eye, Southern, and Lock Down who came off stage with Commissioner Gold Shield. Abacus and Lawful Eye's German shepherd, Rex came over to Lawful Eye barking happily, and jumped up and began to lick Lawful Eye's face.

"Okay. Down, Rex." Rex stopped licking and sat at Lawful Eye's command. She then patted Rex's head. "Good boy."

"Congratulations, you three!" Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash smiled. "It's so awesome that we've now got our very own police force here."

"And it's by you guys." Scootaloo turned to Lawful Eye. "And with you in charge, Lawful Eye, I know this town gonna be safe from any criminals from now on."

Lawful Eye turned to Scootaloo with a smile. "I hope so. I even want to make time for other things too. Especially since Abacus and I are engaged..."

"Engaged?" Sweetie Belle said. "You and Abacus are getting married?"

Lawful Eye nodded. "That's right. Abacus wanted this to be a surprise to you." She sighed happily. "...and...we're also expecting a new member of our family to join us."

"New member of yer family?" Apple Bloom pondered for a moment before gasping with surprise, realizing what she meant. "Oh my star apples! Lawful Eye... are ya sayin' ya're...ya're...?"

"You're going to have a baby?" Scootaloo asked.

Lawful Eye smiled and mildly blushed, as she nodded. The look of surprise appeared on everyone's faces, followed by a sense of joy soon after.

"Oh, my goodness," Rarity said. "That's wonderful!"

Twilight smiled. "How long are you?"

"About four months." Lawful Eye adjusted her glasses. "And there's more. A doctor in Canterlot did an ultrasound a month ago..."

The others tilted their heads. "And...?"

"They found two inside," Lawful Eye said. "It appears as if we're going to be having twins."

Pinkie Pie eyes widened as she gasped. "Twins?! You and Abacus are have twins?! That's two, two, two times the surprise! This is the greatest surprise ever!"

"Congratulations, Lawful Eye." Applejack smiles proudly. "Abacus is finally gonna be a dad."

"That is so awesome!" Rainbow Dash said.

Scootaloo smiled. "I wish Abacus was here. It would've been great to see him."

"There you are, Scootaloo!"

Scootaloo and the others turned to see Storm Dasher coming over towards them, with Coco-Nut, Honey Blossom, and Buttercup in tow. There were also two mares with Storm Dasher. One was a very light cerulean pegasus with a grayish purple mane, the other was a very pale orange earth pony with a light brilliant orange and Vivid orange mane. Storm Dasher, Coco-Nut, and the two mares turned to Lawful Eye.

"Hello, Detective." Storm Dasher said.

Lawful Eye smiled. "Hello, Storm Dasher. Coco-Nut. How are you doing?"

"We've been going okay." Storm Dasher sighed. "It's been a while since we've served our punishments. I've been working hard to get myself back on the right track I once lost, and it's a good thing the town, and the social worker was very supportive." He turned to the two mares with him. “And Lofty and Holiday have been a great help.”

Lofty nodded. “Holi and I have been really busy taking care of Stormy and Scooty.”

"How is Abacus doing?" Coco-Nut asked.

Lawful Eye adjusted her glasses. "He's doing okay. His mental health is improving, but he's still got a long way to go. Despite that, the specialists say that he's well enough to return. He also just got surgery on his face a couple of weeks ago."

"Hey, that's right," Holiday said. "How did his surgery go?"

Lawful Eye paused and smiled. "Well, you'll see soon enough."

Storm Dasher sighed. "I still feel very guilty for what I did to him."

"So do I," Coco-Nut said. "We both let our anger get the best of us. And finding out the one you though hurt your children was in fact not the one who hurt them, nor did he ever wanted to in the first place. We deserved our punishments, and we hold no grudge towards him."

Storm Dasher dropped his head sadly. "I wish we could erase what we'd done, but I can't. We've got a criminal record from all this. I just hope using our remaining community service to help build his new house could make up for what we did."

Lawful Eye placed a gentle, caring hoof on Storm Dasher's shoulder. "You've more than made up for it." She glanced at Coco-Nut and Honey Blossom. "All of you have. The things you told him may have had a positive effect on him."

"That's right." Lock Down come over. "Besides, your criminal records are not that big of a deal. And you didn't really suffer in jail because you weren't in there for long and that you shared a cell together, so you should be fine. It's all behind you. You aren't criminals as such, you're just some ponies who had fallen foul of the law, that's all."

Lofty placed a caring hoof on Storm Dasher’s shoulder. “They’re right, Stormy. Things will get better. I’m glad you finally got help. Holi and I will always be here to help you and Scootaloo.”

Lock Down smiled. "As far as I see, none of you are scum in my books. And-"

The Main Six, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spike, Warden Rehab, Lawful Eye, and Southern cut Lock Down off, and said, "I know scum when I see it!"

Lock Down blinked at how the others said his saying before he could say it. He quickly shook it off, and smiled. "You took the words right out of my mouth."

The others along with Lock Down began to laugh heartily together as Commissioner Gold Shield came over to them.

"Well, I feel this town will be in good hooves from now on with you three enforcing the law." Commissioner Gold Shield turned to Warden Rehab. "Though, I'm surprised Rehab that you didn't take the position of Deputy Chief and watch house keeper."

"Well, I will take it, sir," Warden Rehab said. "But not right now. For now, I'm needed at Hoofstrong to help care for those innocent victims that are left. So until they’re legally cleared of all the false crimes they were imprisoned for, I will have to refuse the offer."

Commissioner Gold Shield nodded understandably. "I understand. You have a great responsibility to those poor souls. Not an easy thing to do." He smiled proudly. "The position will remain reserved for you until then." He offers his hoof out to Warden Rehab as a friendly hand shake gesture. "You're a good stallion, Rehab. We'd hate to lose you."

Warden Rehab shook hooves with Commissioner Gold Shield and smiled. "Thank you, Commissioner."

Suddenly, Warden Rehab felt someone bump into him from the side of him, and fell down. He turned to the side to see that one who bumped into him was a certain light sapphire bluish gray pegasus mare, with a pale, light grayish apple green mane and tail. It was none other than Derpy. She had muffin mashed into her face when she bumped into him. Warden Rehab completely turned around, and tried to help the gray pegasus mare up.

"Are you alright, Miss?" Warden Rehab asked.

"I'm so sorry. It was my bad." Derpy began to wipe the muffin off her face with her hoof. "I wasn't looking where I was going, and-" Derpy looked at Warden Rehab with a surprised look, like if she was strike inside by something unknown. "Oh, my..."

Warden Rehab looked back at her, looking into her eyes, or one of them at least anyway, for there was a feeling they both felt. After a moment of looking at each other, Derpy blushed for she realized how handsome the stallion she bumped into was, despite him being older then her.

Warden Rehab blushed awkwardly, as he cleared his throat. "Well, it's...good to see you're not hurt, Miss...uh..."

"Derpy,” Derpy said. “My name is Derpy. And who are you?"

"Rehab." Warden Rehab answered.

"Rehab." Derpy giggled bashfully as she blushed. "If you don't mind me saying so, Rehab: ...you're very handsome."

Warden Rehab blushed mildly at the young, cross-eyed pegasus mare compliment, for he started to feel somewhat attracted to her. "Thank you. Nice meeting you, Miss Derpy."

Warden Rehab watched as Derpy walked off, still giggling bashfully at meeting him. He turned back to the others where Lock Down was smirking at him cheekily.

"Looks like you've got an admirer, Rehab." Lock Down said.

Warden Rehab blushed and cleared his throat. "Well...she did seem very nice. ...and she looked quite cute and lovely...in her own unique way."

"You dog!" Lock Down chuckled. "You like her too."

Spike chuckled. "Talk about love at first sight."

Lock Down patted Warden Rehab’s back. “I guess now you have something else waiting for you when you take the position of Deputy Chief and watch house keeper in Ponyville.”

“I guess that’s true.” Warden Rehab said.

The whole town began to enjoy themselves as they were about to start the celebration of the grand opening of the new Ponyville police station.

"Hold on a moment, everypony!"

Everyone stopped at what they were doing, and turn back towards the stage at the sound of Princess Celestia calling out for them. They each wondered as to why she would stop them from starting the celebration so suddenly, but they all knew she would not have done so in the first place without any good reason to. Celestia face took on a look of seriousness, but avoided to look angry in any shape or form, more like a caring mother calmly and patiently about to give their child an important lecture.

"You should know that this new police station established here is to ensure that there is proper law enforcement in Ponyville," Celestia said. "And this would not have happened if it was not for the case of Abacus Sum."

Celestia and Luna watched as the whole town dropped their heads in shame. They all still felt guilty for turning on him, even though they were all tricked by Blue Ward and Cover-Up.

Luna cleared her throat. "Speaking of Abacus, my sister and I have been keeping an eye on his treatment, and we are glad to tell you that they say he's slowly making good progress. He even had surgery on his face to help fix his scared face. Though he still has a long way to go, and that he does not fully trust you as of yet, but he's willing to try and give all of you here in Ponyville the benefit of the doubt."

"Although we understand you were tricked by the crooked actions of the Canterlot investigation force, we hope that everypony here in Ponyville has learnt valuable lessons. Lessons about trust, loyally, and friendship." Celestia turned to Twilight, and the others this a proud smile. "I believe we have my most faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, and her friends to thank for that."

Luna turned to the crowd while glancing at Mayor Mare and Lady Justice. "And for some, lessons about letting ones past experiences and paranoia influence their feelings, instead of going by example. For we have seen what happens when we letting that rule our lives. It can have horrific consequences."

"And for everypony else," Celestia said. "About jumping to conclusions before knowing the truth. And also about giving somepony a chance, even if they did do wrong. Although Abacus Sum did nothing wrong to begin with, we hope that you remember and learn from this mistake if there ever comes a time somepony who did do wrong and wants to make right does come to this town. For the most important thing is for my little ponies to be true, honest, kind, charismatic, generous, loyal, friendly, loving, tolerant, and forgiving."

Mayor Mare nodded. "That is true." She turned to the crowd. "We all have learnt a very valuable lesson from this experience." She dropped her eyes in sadness and shame. "Even Lady Justice and I have learnt from this. Even though he did forgive us, Abacus has every right to be bitter and hateful toward the both of us. Even if we did try to make things right. If we could change the past, we would, but we can't." She looked up. "But we are willing to change for the better, and to try to be true friends with him. To be the mother-in-law to him, the mother I never got to be. All this not for our reputations, or for our careers...but for him, for Tiger Lily, for everypony...but most of all, for ourselves. If Abacus Sum was here, we would let him know that we are all so deeply sorry, from the bottom of our hearts. And we will never hurt him again."

Celestia and Luna smiled at the heartfelt, genuine words Mayor Mare had just said. The Main Six, Spike, Lawful Eye, Lock Down, Warden Rehab, and Southern all smiled, and nodded at Celestia and Luna looking at them. They nodded back at them as they turned back to the crowd.

"You really do care about Abacus Sum, and want him back, don't you?" Luna asked.

The crowd all nodded solemnly in unison. "Mm-hmm."

Celestia smiled. "Well, it looks as if the efforts Twilight and her friends have made secretly while setting up this celebration wasn't wasted."

The crowd looked at each other at what the sun princess had said. Mayor Mare tilted her head. "You're highness?"

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were confused too, as they turned to the others wondering what Celestia had just said.

"What's the princess talkin' about?" Apple Bloom asked.

Sweetie Belle scratched her head. "What efforts did you secretly do?"

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. Tell us what it is, guys."

The Main Six, Spike, Lawful Eye, Lock Down, Warden Rehab, and Southern said nothing, they just smiled at them sweetly. The three fillies faces lit up like the sun, wide-eyed with hug smiles as they looked at the other.

"Are...are you saying...?" The Cutie Mark Crusaders asked in unison.

Celestia and Luna looked at the crowd, seeing that some of them were beginning to have the same joyful faces as the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"This is not just a grand opening celebration of the police station. It is also a welcome home party, for he has arrived and is here." Celestia smiled, and turned the crowd’s attention to the stage curtains behind her and Luna. "Fillies and gentlecolts, may we at long last personally welcome home, and present to all of you in Ponyville, Mr Abacus Sum!"

The stage curtains behind Celestia and Luna opened up. The crowd stayed silent as the faint sound of hoof steps came from the stage. Slowly stepping out onto the stage, coming into the light was the sight of dark brown coloured hooves. And then finally revealed Abacus with his recently done facial surgery. The scarring on his face was still a bit visible, but it looked close to normal, and was not at all hideous to look at. Abacus stopped in the center of the stage and looked out at the crowd's silence for a moment.

"Abacus!"

Abacus turned to the side of the stage to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders coming up to be the first to welcome him home. Abacus opened up his hooves, and the three little fillies jumped into him for a hug. The crowd smiled and cheered as the Main Six, Spike, Lock Down, Warden Rehab, and Southern quickly came up after to welcome him.

"Abacus Sum! Abacus Sum! Abacus Sum! Abacus Sum!"

The look of surprise could be seen on Abacus as he heard the crowd happily cheering his name, for they were not saying "Scum". It had been so long since he had heard his name being really said with no trace of hatred or anger in anyone's voices. The others watched as tears began to leak out of Abacus's eyes, but these tears were different. They were not of sadness, these were tears of joy, for there was something else present, something Abacus had not done since Tiger Lily died. For the very first time in a long time, Abacus smiled. Then Abacus saw Lawful Eye walking up to him, smiling with the sweetest smile. When Lawful Eye came over to Abacus, she leaned her face in towards him, and the two shared a loving kiss. The crowd began to cheer even louder at Abacus and Lawful Eye kissing up on stage.

"Come on, everypony!" Pinkie Pie brought out her trademark party cannon on stage. "LET'S PARTY! Woo-hoo!"

Pinkie Pie fires a huge amount of party confetti into the air with the crowd still cheering.

The celebration lasted until the very early hours of the morning. It was the biggest welcome home party anyone had ever seen, just as Lock Down once predicted to Abacus on the day he was released. Things were never going to be the same without Tiger Lily and his mother, Arithma, but with Lawful Eye soon to be his wife and a set of twins he was going to be the father of soon, his friends, old and new to love and support him, and his good name on the mend, things were going to be okay for Abacus Sum from now on. His nightmare was over.

Author's Note:

This is the Twenty-forth chapter. The Twenty-fifth (Aftermath/Authors Speech) chapter will be up sooner or later...I hope. I plan to make this story into parts for anyone wanting to do a dramatic reading of this.

There is one more chapter I have to post, for it is aftermath of what happened to certain characters, as well as a speech from yours truly. Then I can mark it as complete.

Enjoy!

PreviousChapters Next