• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 20,547 Views, 3,414 Comments

Just Girls Talking - MythrilMoth



Ponies and their human counterparts talk about various things.

  • ...
94
 3,414
 20,547

PreviousChapters Next
Just Girls Talking About Crushes I

"So, Fluttershy, there's something I've been meaning to ask," Rarity said as she leaned back against the edge of the hot tub.

"Yes?" Fluttershy asked as she adjusted the towel wrapped around her mane.

"Does Discord, err...fancy you?"

Fluttershy's irises shrank to pinpricks, and her muzzle crinkled cutely in surprise. "Wh-what?!"

Rarity turned to her, fluttering her eyelashes. "It's just something I've been wondering about, darling," she said. "He does seem to spend an inordinate amount of time fawning over you, obsessing about you, and generally trying to earn your approval."

"W-well...I'm the first real friend he's ever had!" Fluttershy said. "My friendship is important to him!"

"Yes, indeed," Rarity said. "I'm just wondering if perhaps it's more than that." She tilted her head. "After all, he certainly has more friends now, even if some of us still aren't....quite as comfortable with him as you are." She paused to collect her thoughts. "I've been thinking about it ever since that awful business with Tirek. He did specifically single you out as being worth the sacrifice Twilight made."

"W-well..."

"And he spends more time with you than with anypony else."

"Y-yes, but..."

"And let's not forget how he went insane with jealousy at the Gala," Rarity said. She grimaced. "Yes, let us never forget that debacle..."

"Now, Rarity," Fluttershy said gently. "Just because Discord prefers my company, and gets a bit...attached...that doesn't necessarily mean he has some kind of crush on me!"

"It doesn't mean he doesn't, either," Rarity pointed out.

Fluttershy blinked, then sank lower into the tub.

"Of course, I suppose having a marefriend would go a long way towards settling him down," Rarity mused.

Fluttershy let out a funny squeak.

"I mean, every stallion needs to be broken, even if he isn't exactly a stallion."

Fluttershy gave Rarity a chastising look. "That's really outdated, sexist thinking," she said.

"Oh...oh dear. Forgive me," Rarity said, having the good grace to look sheepish. "I suppose that was my grandmother talking just now." She shifted in the tub. "Still, Discord does need a firmer hoof than most."

"He needs room to be himself without being judged," Fluttershy said. Quietly, she added, "I mean, as long as he's not hurting anypony. He can actually be pretty funny..."

Rarity raised an eyebrow. "And now you've got me wondering if you don't perhaps fancy him a bit..."

"Oh, look at the time! I've been in the tub too long! I really need to get home and, umm...water the bear and feed the garden!" Fluttershy flew up out of the tub, spraying water everywhere, shed her towels, and quickly left the spa.

Rarity followed her exit with a knowing smirk. "Something in satin with a medium train, I should think..."

PreviousChapters Next