• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 20,530 Views, 3,414 Comments

Just Girls Talking - MythrilMoth



Ponies and their human counterparts talk about various things.

  • ...
94
 3,414
 20,530

PreviousChapters Next
Annoying Jingle Day

Author's Note:

This honestly could've been a Pony Fail. I debated which story was the better fit for it. I ultimately decided it worked slightly better here than there.

A lot of you probably are not going to get the joke, especially if you're from outside the United States. If you don't get what's going on in this chapter, go to Youtube and look up "nationwide insurance commercial".

(And yes, this one's short. Chalk that up to getting sick of writing this joke over and over again REALLY fast. :rainbowwild:)

The public address system crackled to life, and Principal Celestia's voice sang out across the school:

"It's Annoying Jingle Day!"

Twilight poked Sunset in the arm. "What's Annoying Jingle Day?"

Ms. Harshwhinny threw a piece of chalk at Twilight. "Normal speech is not allowed!" she sang.

Twilight blinked. "Uhh...what's Annoying Jingle Day?" she sang.

Sunset rolled her eyes. "You just answered that yourself," she sang as she scribbled a note on a sheet of paper, tore it off, and passed it to Twilight:

Annoying Jingle Day is this stupid thing we do once a month where all day long you can only talk in sentences sung to the tune of that really annoying insurance jingle. It's something Pinkie Pie came up with, but Celestia liked the idea so much she made it a thing.

"Oh," Twilight said. At Harshwhinny's glare, she coughed and amended, "Oh I see, that sounds like fun..."

* * * * *

"Why did you agree to this?" Luna sang tiredly.

Celestia shrugged. "It seemed like a good idea..."

* * * * *

All throughout the school, conversations were carried out in short seven-syllable bursts of song:

"Can I borrow your chem notes?" Rainbow Dash asked Twilight.

"I can copy them for you," Twilight sang, getting into the spirit of the game.

"Wanna go out Friday night?" Skunk Rock asked Rarity.

"Sorry, have to wash my hair," Rarity replied.

"Are you coming to the game?" Rainbow asked her friends.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," Sunset sang with a smile.

"Sorry can't I've got a thing," Fluttershy sang sadly.

"It's okay, I understand," Rainbow reassured her.

Even the kind of conversations people ought to have in private were not spared the silliness that is Annoying Jingle Day.

"Pinkie Pie has awesome boobs," Snails said as he watched Pinkie Pie walk by wearing a low-cut powder blue tank top.

"I could play with those all day," Snips agreed.

"You guys are a bunch of pervs," Apple Bloom informed them crossly.

"She should really wear a bra," Scootaloo commented.

"Who needs bras, I like my boobs!" Pinkie sang as she walked past, giggling.

* * * * *

It made teaching difficult for the faculty:

"This will all be on your test."

"We are having a pop quiz."

"We're watching a film today."

"Now let's talk about the Plague."

"Turn your phones off in my class!"

* * * * *

"Chicken parm you taste so good," Rainbow sang as she bit into her sandwich in the cafeteria.

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Don't just copy from the ads," she admonished.

"Yeah, Rainbow, that's really lame," Pinkie said.

"Y'all know this is stupid, right?" Applejack sang boredly.

PreviousChapters Next