• Published 16th Jul 2015
  • 5,928 Views, 118 Comments

I'm a what now? - UniqueSKD



Or alternative title; 'How the conversation between Celestia and Twilight Sparkle after she became an alicorn really went down...'

  • ...
77
 118
 5,928

So let me get this straight...

- - - - - - - - - -
Half an hour after Twilight Sparkle became an alicorn...
- - - - - - - - - -

Twilight Sparkle was in her bedroom, looking herself over in a large mirror. She stretched out her newly-gained wings, sizing them up and down, left and right, diagonally and horizontally. It hadn't been long since she had to listen to her mentor's song and receiving the wings, and already it just felt so...strange.

"I never thought in all my life that this would happen to me," Twilight said quietly to her reflection. "I would have thought I'd end up becoming a renowned scientist rather than an alicorn."

"Not just any alicorn, either," a gentle voice spoke up behind Twilight, startling her. Spinning around, Twilight gasped as Celestia stood in her bedroom, the back half of her just materializing into existence from the hierarchic alicorn's teleportation spell.

Twilight fell to the floor immediately and bowed her head. "P-P-Princess Celestia!" Twilight stuttered out.

Celestia let out a little giggle. "Now now, Twilight. You've no need to use my title when addressing me anymore. After all, we both share that title now," she said.

Twilight raised her head to look at her mentor, her face bearing a puzzled look. "What do you mean, Celestia?" she asked.

Celestia walked over to the lavender pony and placed a hoof under her chin. "You are a princess now, Twilight," she said gently.

Twilight went wide-eyed at those words. "I'm...I'm a what?"

Celestia chuckled. "I said, you're a princess now, Twilight," the white alicorn repeated.

Twilight blinked a couple of times. "I'm a WHAT?" she asked again. She was sure her hearing was acting up or something. She must have been hearing Celestia wrong. She had to have.

Celestia rolled her eyes, but she kept her smile and her composure. "You, are now a princess, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight got up from the wooden floor, her eyes kept focused on Celestia. "But...but I can't be. I mean..." Twilight pawed at the floor with her hoof. "I'm just Twilight."

Celestia shook her head. "No. Now you will be Princess Twilight from this day onward, my prized pupil," she said proudly.

Twilight brought a hoof to her head. Celestia had only said a few words, but they were spoken like a tediously long essay, it felt like so much to take in at once. "I'm...I'm now a princess?" Twilight said, still unable to believe what her mentor had said.

Celestia felt herself suddenly feeling more relaxed, relieved even, upon hearing the pony finally acknowledging her new role in life. "Yes, Twilight. You are now a princess."

Twilight blinked a few times again. Then she shook her head. "But I cant be a princess, Celestia!" she cried.

Celestia looked at Twilight in surprise. "Why not, Twilight? Whatever is the matter?" she asked concerned.

Twilight gestured to herself before answering. "Because I'm just Twilight!" she replied.

Celestia face-hoofed and groaned. "No, Twilight," she said, her voice harboring a hint of anger behind her words now, "you are now Princess Twilight Sparkle, don't you see?"

"I'm a what?" Twilight replied.

Celestia let out an exasperated groan. The first couple of times had been reasonably expected. It wasn't exactly everyday somepony got told they just became a princess after all, but now this was starting to get annoying. "Twilight! For the love of Lauren Faust! YOU, are now, a PRINCESS!" Celestia said loudly and crossly.

"But I can't be a princess, Celestia! I'm just plain old Twilight!"

Celestia double face-hoofed. Now the little lavender bugger was starting to irritate her. "Oh, sweet Hasbro give me strength..." Celestia brought her face closer to Twilight's, and put on the most serious-looking expression she could muster. "Twilight, listen to me! You. Are. A. Princess. Now. You've got your wings. You've got your horn. You're a 100% alicorn. Tomorrow you'll get a crown and a nice lovely dress, and you'll have your coronation before all of Equestria, you and your friends will sing a song, and you'll fly off into the distance as the closing credits roll, capiche?"

Twilight frowned angrily and squared right up to Celestia, pushing her nose against the white alicorn's own. Celestia's annoyed expression quickly changed to one of surprise. Of all the beings to stand up to her on this occasion she never thought it would be her own protege, and for no reason other than over the title of princess-hood? "Listen to me, Celestia, you cake scoffing lard! I'm not a bloody princess!" Twilight growled at her friendship teacher. The lavender mare looked serious and defiant, her wings flared out aggressively.

Celestia backed away a couple of steps, looking at Twilight in bewilderment. "Twilight, for the love of all the life in Equestria and beyond, this is NOT negotiable, you understand? You ARE a bloody princess now, okay? You don't get an undo spell, this isn't how it works!" Celestia paused for a moment before adding, "and if you ever speak to me like that again I swear on my sister's name I will kick you through that window," she pointed a hoof to the night sky outside, "and send you all the way to the damn moon," she finished with a scowl.

Twilight stomped on the floor in anger. "But I'm NOT a princess, I'm just Twilight!" she yelled.

Celestia felt something in her mind very dangerously beginning to slip from her self-control. "Twilight," she said in a quiet but dark tone of voice, "This is the last time I'm telling you this. You. Are. A. Princess. Now. Okay? Tomorrow you'll come to Canterlot, you'll get introduced to all of Equestria, you'll learn how to use your new princess abilities and then fight a giant monkey-horse demon to get a big castle, alright?"

Twilight stared blankly at Celestia.

Celestia glared at Twilight, her eyes narrowed.

Twilight cocked her head to the side.

Celestia raised an eyebrow.

Twilight tapped her hoof against her chin in deep thought. Celestia felt her frustration easing off. Had the plain and simple message finally gotten through to her student?

"So let me get this straight then, Celestia..."

Oh just fuck it. Celestia's horn began to glow as she started up her teleportation spell. Another second longer in this bedroom and she was going to do something she'd probably regret afterwards. "Just come to the damn castle tomorrow, Twilight," Celestia grunted through clenched teeth, her right eye twitching wildly as she began to materialize away back to Canterlot castle.

Twilight stared at the spot where the princess had been for a few moments, before the squeaking sound of her bedroom door alerted her. Turning her head, she saw Spike peeking into her room, a look of curiosity on his face.

"Hey, Twilight. What was that just now?" the baby dragon asked.

Twilight spun around and beamed at her little assistant with glee. "Celestia came by to tell me I'm not just an alicorn now, I'm also a princess too! Isn't that great!" Twilight squealed with excitement. She began bouncing up and down like a little school filly. "Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh! I'm going to be a princess now!" Twilight squeaked giddily.

Far, far off in the distance, a loud exasperated roar boomed from the balconies of Canterlot castle. "Oh, NOW she fucking gets it!"

Author's Note:

I have no idea what I wrote. I have no regrets about it though.

Comments ( 113 )

*before reading*

Based on a funny Harry Potter parody.

Oh no.

That's actually what I said. I know what the video is

Princess Celestia: Twilight, you..... are a wizard!

Twilight: I'm a what!

Princess Celestia: You are a wizard, Twilight!

Twi-- you know where I'm going with this.

That was really, really, funny.

I love that video. It's one of my favorite videos on youtube.

If you don't know it search you're a wizard Harry, and click on the gmod video.

Huh. I was sure this was going in the 'I don't want to be a damned princess!' direction.

This was cute, and funny. :twilightsmile:

Never saw the parody myself. And you know what? I don't care to! I'm just gonna enjoy this nice lil fic for all it's worth!

Welp...that happened...I don't know if I should laugh or face palm...

...after careful examination, I did both...I feel this pleases the universe. Well played good sir.

6214728 Thank you.

(bows politely, top hat falls off his head)

Where did that come from?

That was bucking hilarious! Hahahahahahaha :rainbowlaugh:

What :rainbowhuh:

Have a like!

6215703 BUCK YOU THAT WAS HILARIOUS :rainbowlaugh: no offence

6215703 Well, I hope this doesn't make you angry towards me for getting lots of views on this despite it not being all that good. I mean, this was really just something random I decided to do just to try and kick my brain back into Fanfic Mode, after all. I didn't submit it thinking it was going to do this well. I'm actually still shocked to see how good it's done.

But you know, people have different tastes. Some folk come for the adventure tales, others for the clopfics. Some applaud effort in writing, and others applaud complexity and professionalism. I guess this short story just managed to appeal to a certain taste, is all. But at least it's given me motive to write something a little better now.

So here's hope there's no animosity or ill feelings between us, sir/madam. (bows politely)

Hm... I was just scrolling through the Featured box and came across this.

By UniqueSKD

I have to read this! :rainbowlaugh:

EDIT: Haha, this was pretty funny. I haven't seen the video, but I assume it doesn't match up to this. XD

Nice job. :twilightsmile:

6215714 No no no, let him be entitled to his own opinions. I'm not offended by his opinion and I certainly wouldn't deny him the right to give one.

After all, like I said to him, this was just something random and short I did to get my writing gears going again.

6215746 No need for tags, and no need to tell everyone it's just an opinion. I welcome criticism a lot better than most people do, and you have the right to express your honest thoughts on anything of mine, though I can't speak for others you come across on this site.

Like I told you, this was just a quick short story to get the writing gears going again. I've been spending more time on my YouTube channel than on here, so I'm finishing up my last YouTube animation - a short FNAF parody made for one of my Follower's birthdays tomorrow - and then I'm going to try a bit of writing again. I've had a few ideas to write something for my avatar/OC, Unique the Anthro-Pony.

So don't worry about people scolding you for speaking your mind. So long as you aren't here to cause trouble for anybody your comments hold as much value as everyone else's.

So put your pitchforks down, everyone, this guy is okay. Let him speak. You can stab him if he talks offensive, racist or sexist crap.

6215725 Wait, this is IN the Featured box? As in right now?

Why can't I see it?

Or do you mean the Popular box?

6215795 I meant the Featured box. You should be able to see it.

6215800 (cringes slightly)

Probably was a good idea to change it then. XD

You sir deserve a medal for making me laugh that much.

6216164 I'm alright for a medal. I'll accept a friendly handshake though, plus an invitation into your circle of friends. You know, just so I can be...

(smiles a cartoonishly sly grin)

...'one of the crowd'...

BA-DUM, TISH!

(laughter track plays)

Thank you, FIMFiction, it's been a blast saying that one joke on stage for you all. You've been a wonderful audience! Don't forget to tell your friends! Goodnight!

:)

6216380 And I respond to that wonderfully adorable image of yours with my own...

orig11.deviantart.net/e626/f/2013/347/8/7/on_a_bad_day____by_uniqueskd-d6xucma.jpg

Oh, and if you were wondering, the goggles are just a gimmick thing, and thank you I am out of my mind / weird-looking handsome, aren't I? :)

(bows politely)

6216449 I'm using this bloody image too much: V

i.imgur.com/iDBLGRe.gif

6216459 And I'm not using this one enough.

orig03.deviantart.net/f7fb/f/2014/015/7/8/snapshot_20131230_by_uniqueskd-d72bn5u.jpg

Don't worry. I don't really drink alcohol. Can't stand the taste. The closest to alcohol I can stomach is Amaretto, but that's it. The cricket bat is real, though. Not sure where it actually came from since I don't play cricket but whatever, am I right?

6216430 Alright you don't have to accept the medal, and here is your handshake.

(Slips medal into hand before running)

Congrats on the medal!

have a cookie for his incredibly funny work.:pinkiehappy:

I honestly thought it was going to be this

instead of this

This should've been in the season 3 finale!

6216571 Could have been, but I prefer to not offend homosexuals. They get enough harassment in the world as it is without me adding to it. Then again the word 'faggot' has been thrown about so much it's pretty much lost all its meaning as a derogatory term for insulting gay people, so there's that.

But seriously folks, don't be horrible to homosexuals. My family has a few gay friends and they're really nice people. It's just some gay people go a bit too far in making their sexuality clear that they become mocking stereotypes.

*cough, cough* Louie Spence! *cough, cough*

6216536 And here's your cookie back, my friend. You enjoy that delectable sugary chocolate-coated goodness, and I'll just ask for a friendly handshake instead. Sound good?

6216486 Why does this medal say 'awarded for being the most gullible idiot most likely to fall for a handshake trick' on it?

I was kinda hoping it would descend into this:

C: I'LL RUPTURE YOUR PLOT HOLE WITH MY MASSIVE ALICORN HORN!
T: I'LL RIP YER GIANT HORN OFF AND SLAP YER ROUND THE FACE WITH IT!

0/10, not enough stupid threats - IGN

6216669 And then Celestia and Twilight have make-up sex and my story gets turned into a clopfic, right?

. . .

What the fuck did I just read?

6216826 (shrugs) Want a cookie?

6216833

As long as it isn't poisoned. :trixieshiftright:

Your story did make me laugh, though. No, really, it did. I'm just...confused.

6216846 That's what the Random tag is for. XD

6216852

I guess I just wasn't expecting this fic to be a reference to that video.

6216860 (rubs hooves gleefully)

Nobody was! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - cough cough cough! - ha ha ha ha!

Oh, sweet Hasbro give me strength...

Why haven't I seen anybody else use this? It's the best thing I've ever read at my own will. :pinkiehappy:

6216876

*queue creepy organ music and lightning*

Celestia double face-hoofed.

And promptly fell to the floor.

6216920 I'm gonna go with saying that most people don't quite think the way I do, or it just doesn't cross their minds. I like to break the fourth wall and address the reader and the real world a lot. I like the reader to know the story is aware. :)

6217109 Well bucking bravo to you, those are the kind of fics I really love.
:twilightsheepish:

... I don't see how this is funny, sorry. I was waiting for an actual rebuttal from Twilight, and instead it's a "Twilight is secretly dumb/dense" joke? That's just... so OOC. I'm sorry, there was absolutely nothing funny about this at all. If anything, I feel depressed, seeing a 'comedy' fic featured, I let my expectations get decently high before falling into a pitfall. Woohoo.

*Grumbles off to mow the lawn, disappointed and drained*

(EDIT: I'm sure a tiny part of it is that I was already in a bad mood, and was looking to cheer myself up, and that this just wasn't the kind of humor I was looking for. It clearly has to be funny in some way, or it wouldn't have that many likes. Sorry I'm being a grumpy bastard. ~_~ )

6217109 This is just me, but I feel like it would be better if it focused more on Twilight outright refusing to take the role as Princess when the ceremony happens. Mainly because I hold the belief not everypony wants to be a Princess/Prince

6217195 I didn't want to alter the course of Equestrian history too much, hence why I didn't go down that road.

Login or register to comment