• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 31,501 Views, 7,518 Comments

Epic Rap Battles of MLP - enigmaMystere



a silly little thing the ponies in my head persuaded me to do.

  • ...
92
 7,518
 31,501

PreviousChapters Next
Rap Battle #8

Vinyl choked on her words and the remains of the sour liquid, seeing all of the fillies and colts staring at her. What am I supposed to say? They have the battles because they're angry at each other? She kept pondering this, even though her mouth moved of its own accord.

"Why do you ask? Have you seen one of them?"

Sweetie shook her head, frowning softly. "Not really. Rarity refused to let me see them. I heard she did one, herself, but she left me with Twilight that day..."

"I see. I guess that makes sense." She sighed softly, running a hoof through her hair. Of course, her mouth decided to take matters into its own hooves...er, lips, once more. "They do it for fun."

She mentally kicked herself. Why did I say that!? She glanced at Fluttershy, who suddenly took great interest in the feel of her fur against the couch.

Sweetie accepted it easily enough, as did a few of the others. However, Scootaloo stared skeptically at Vinyl.

"If that's the case, why do they say mean things about each other? Why did Twilight insult Rainbow Dash!?" She was seething at this point, on her hooves with her wings flared in annoyance.

Vinyl's eyes widened in her panic, which made her glad she was wearing shades. "It's because...um..."

"They get caught up in the moment." Everypony turned to Fluttershy, who squeaked at the sudden attention. "...t-they don't really mean what they say...in fact, I think Twilight apologized to Rainbow for saying false things about her afterwards..." When they continued to stare, she swirled her lemonade, pretending to be focused on how it looked.

Silence overtook the room as everypony stared at each other. The only one who wasn't looking around was the purple dragon, but that was because he was doodling a white unicorn on a piece of paper.

"I'd like to have a rap battle, then!"

They all turned to the spotted colt in surprise. Even the dragon stopped drawing to stare at him. Vinyl spoke up, a slight nervous tone to her voice. "Are you sure, Pipsqueak? I mean, you might not like how it goes..."

The young pony was undaunted by this reaction, standing up and walking towards the couch. "It sounds like fun!" He turned and pointed at the orange pegasus, smiling widely. "Come on, Scootaloo! Let's do it!"

She stared up at him in fear as well as an emotion Vinyl couldn't place. "Pip, you can't be serious. I've seen other rap battles." She gave him a small, pleading look.

Pipsqueak didn't notice this, though, spinning around to the older unicorn with a grin. "I'll be right back!" He raced off, leaving the ponies in the room to stare at the door.

Vinyl sighed, getting off the couch, albeit reluctantly. "I'll go get my turntables."


Vinyl set up her tables in the roomier basement, setting up some chairs for the others. Most of the others quickly took their seats, while Scootaloo stood up alone on stage, more nervous than she'd ever been in her life. She fiddled with her headset, wondering what was taking Pipsqueak so long.

Fluttershy appeared at the top of the stairs, calling down to Vinyl in her usual soft tone. "Pip's back."

Vinyl sighed in relief, glad he was alright. "Good. Send him down whenever he's ready."

Fluttershy disappeared for a moment before walking down and sitting up next to Vinyl. "...he...um..."

"AHOY, MATEYS!"

Pipsqueak leaped down the staircase, dressed in the pirate costume he wore last Nightmare Night. Scootaloo saw this and raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Pipsqueak the pirate, at your service!"

Everypony stared at him for a full ten seconds before Vinyl coughed to get his attention. "Pip, why are you wearing that?"

He grinned, brandishing his sword in his forehooves. "I did it for fun!" He laughed happily, turning to Scootaloo with a playful smile. "Are you ready, Scoots?"

The orange filly gulped, her cheeks turning just the faintest shade brighter. "Y-yeah."

Vinyl paused once more, wondering if she should be doing this, but shrugged, deciding that whatever the other mares didn't know wouldn't hurt them. So, getting into her entertaining mindset, she started the music, her grin growing wider as she did so.

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF MLP!

VS.

BEGIN!

Ready the cannons, guys! Let's prepare to board!
This foal's about to taste the steel of my sword!
You're gonna face a might stronger than the Black Pearl.
Power so great, it survived the end of the world!
I heard you at the talent show - boy, you stank.
You need a bath, badly - go walk the plank!
Miss Scratch was right, this game's fun to play!
Hey, Scootaloo, are you feeling okay?

Sticks and stones can break one's bones
But my words alone will send you to Davy Jones!
I'll race circles around your pathetic rhymes
Then knock your flank about to pay for your crimes
Against rap. You'll spend time in the stinkin' brig
'Til you beg me to welcome you home, you little twig!
Sleep with one eye open and grip your pillow tight.
For I am your worst fears brought into the light!

Last Nightmare Night, Pinkie dressed up as a hen.
But let's face it Scoots - you're the real chicken!
There's nothing at all you can say to make me lose
Though there's plenty I can say to make you blow your fuse!

There's no way you'll best this filly of orange.
I cause so many sick fires, you're bound to be singed!
I don't know why I bother with this thick-headed colt.
You can't even tell when somepony likes you, ya dolt!

There was a moment of awkward silence as Scootaloo's face turned bright pink. "I-I gotta go." She raced off the stage, embarrassed that she just said that.

Pipsqueak just stared into space, stunned by what he just heard. "...what...?"


WHO WON? WHO'S NEXT? YOU DECIDE!

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF MLP!


Before you say anything, Pip started the battle thinking it was all in good fun. :3 And Scoots loves metal music.

Also, sorry, but I don't think I'll be writing what happens with everypony else (well, maybe what happens with Octavia). I'm not that great a writer of action sequences, in my own opinion, and I worry that I'll just wreck whatever awesomeness could come out of that. ^^; I'd only do it if the majority of people want me to. So feel free to use that story idea. ^w^ ♪~

I have so many ships, I don't think the harbor can hold them all. :p

I'm honestly surprised Scootaloo tried to rhyme something with 'orange'. :\

"What are you talking about? There are plenty of words that rhyme with 'orange'! It sounds just like 'door hinge', and hinge rhymes with fringe, singe, tinge, binge, cringe...um...okay, maybe not that many words. But still!"

...okay, then. Let's just call it a slant rhyme and leave it at that.

Finally, I may make changes to this chapter, later. I have an editor, but I just can't wait to get this chapter out. I dunno why. Maybe it's because Vinyl wants me to finally get to work on the next rap battle? ^^; Or maybe it's because Trixie and Diamond are arguing...and before you ask, no, those two are not rapping against each other. e_e Sheesh.

I think that's all, for now. Have a nice day!

Enigma out.~

PreviousChapters Next