• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 31,484 Views, 7,518 Comments

Epic Rap Battles of MLP - enigmaMystere



a silly little thing the ponies in my head persuaded me to do.

  • ...
93
 7,518
 31,484

PreviousChapters Next
Rap Battle #4

Vinyl was calmly sleeping in her room. She was dreaming of a full dance floor at one of her raves. And, for some reason, a group of butterflies flitting over the crowd. In her dream, she found herself being drawn closer and closer to a red stallion ...

She was abruptly pulled back into the waking world by a loud slam. She sat up groggily, opening her eyes to find herself staring into the purple eyes of her best friend. Scratch grinned widely, reaching over to her bedside table to grab her glasses. "Hey, roomie. What's up?"

She jumped, surprised when the earth pony swiped her shades. Confused, she looked up at her friend's face, which was currently contorted into a look of rage.

" ... you ... destroyed ... my cello! AGAIN!" She was seething as she ground Vinyl's glasses between her hooves. "That's the fifth one this month!"

Vinyl was horrified. Her one-of-a-kind shades were on the verge of being shattered! "Calm down, Octy. And hand over the shades. Carefully."

"I HATE THAT NICKNAME!" Octavia chucked the frames at Vinyl's head. "It makes me sound like some kind of fish!"

Vinyl caught her glasses with her magic before that last sentence sank in. She quickly found herself daydreaming about an octavipus. She shook her head to clear it of that image before responding. "Look. It was an accident."

"Really!" She pulled a cover off the lumpy shape next to her, revealing a pile of wood that could've been mistaken as charcoal, had it not been for the strings poking out of it. "You break it apart and set it on fire, then have the gall to say it was an accident!"

Vinyl rubbed the sides of her head, currently reeling from the consequences of party rocking last night. All of this yelling was just making her migraine worse. She gave her roommate a small, weak smile, embarrassed. " ... what can I say? It was one crazy night ... "

"THAT'S IT!" Octavia stomped the floor with a hoof, scowling. "I want one of those duels you've started doing!"

The white unicorn stared at her with a blank expression for ten seconds. "You want a rap battle?"

The grey mare put a hoof on her chin, momentarily ponderous. " ... so that's what they're called ... " She broke from her train of thought, determined. "Yes. I do. If I win, you stop hosting those ... raves, or whatever it is you call them. If you win ... I promise to come to your 'gigs'. Do we have a deal?"

She rolled her eyes, groaning in annoyance. "Even if I wanted to do this, I can't. Who would DJ for us?"

"Pinkie?"

"No." Vinyl frowned. "The last time I let her near my table, I found frosting under the records. I don't want her touching my precious turntables."

"Well find somepony you trust to do it. Otherwise ... " She glanced around the room, searching for something. Her eyes fell on a collection of records in the corner. She picked one up, a dead-serious look on her face. " ... I sell this."

Vinyl's jaw dropped, staring at the winged circle logo on the front of the cover. "Not my Cloudsmith album! It's the last one ever!"

"Then find somepony to DJ our rap battle!" She turned and left, the fragile disc held firmly in her teeth.

After a day of searching, considering and narrowing down choices, Vinyl showed up at the town square. Octavia was already there, reading a book of rhymes, and, behind her, stood her stand-in DJ, looking at the turntables in slight confusion.

She walked up to the yellow pegasus, smiling kindly. "You sure you can handle this job?"

She looked up at Vinyl, smiling softly. " ... I think so ... um ... I'd like an explanation ... if it's not too much to ask, I mean ... "

Vinyl nodded, explaining how the tables worked and what she was supposed to do.

She nodded, practicing for a few moments. "I think I have it ... oh ... and I'll be sure not to damage it ... "

Vinyl grinned, patting a hoof on the shy pony's back. "Thanks, 'Shy. I appreciate it!" She grabbed the microphones and handed one to Octavia.

Fluttershy put on the headset, watching as her unicorn friend turned the volume up to compensate for her quiet voice. She cleared her throat and, starting the music, turned the mike's mute off.

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF MLP!

VS.

BEGIN!

... UM ... I MEAN ... IF YOU WANT TO ...

You have the gall to take your name from records
When you dishonor their class with your constant discord.
True artists can create their own musical repertoire.
You got famous by using the songs of real stars!
You keep everypony up with your stupid Sweet Emotion.
I'm sick of you, your noise and your inane inventions!
Stringed instruments are the soul of your precious tunes.
My brand of classy rhymes will bring your doom!

I suppose that's an acceptable first attempt, Octy.
Though it pales against the mad skills of DJ P0N-3!
You think you're great since you can pluck strings to make sound?
I'll take your cello Bitback and Burn It to the Ground!
I guess your music could be worth a few bits -
If I bound it to Styx and gave it a little Kiss.
I'll take you to the mountain with the power of rock,
Then use my dubstep dishwasher to clean your clock!

I'll seal your stupid flank into the Mountain King's hall,
Then sing an Ode to Joy as your fan's numbers fall.
You're high if you think that you can beat me, hun.
I'll blow you away like I'm your bass cannon!

You think it's my career on which the sun is setting?
Don't forget who the princess asked to play at the wedding.
Your music's in its twilight. My epic wubs are all the rage!
So just turn yourself around and get the hoof off my stage.


WHO WON? WHO'S NEXT? YOU DECIDE!

... UM ... IF IT'S NOT A PROBLEM, OF COURSE...

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF MLP!


Okay, the next battle is finally out! It's been ready for about three days, but I had to finish the Aftermaths before I could post it.

If Octavia's rap seemed off, it's because this is her first time rapping. Just saying.

The voting will end when the next battle is decided upon (which will probably be about a day or so) and completed! So, probably about a week or so, total.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Enigma out.~

PreviousChapters Next