• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 31,493 Views, 7,518 Comments

Epic Rap Battles of MLP - enigmaMystere



a silly little thing the ponies in my head persuaded me to do.

  • ...
93
 7,518
 31,493

PreviousChapters Next
Rap Battle #13: Results and Aftermath

Trixie was seated outside of the missing musician's apartment, attempting to affix plentiful pieces of timber tightly together with well-placed wallops, courtesy of an iron hammer. Sighing softly, she paused momentarily to examine her work so far.

The work on her new home/stage/personal TARDIS/super-ultra-extreme-awesomazing gift shop was going swimmingly. And with her two new friends and volunteers, it should be done before nightfall. Yes, they actually offered to help, no words or other forms of persuasion necessary.

"Ah got yer stage's platform done, Miss Lulamoon!"

Trixie blushed, tipping the brim of her temporary hat over her face to hide said fact. That name always embarrassed her to no end. "Thank you, Apple Blossom."

The yellow filly looked up at her, confused and a little annoyed. "It's Applebloom." She walked over to the other helper, nudging him in the side to get his attention. "Are ya sure she's a nice pony? She looks at ya kinda funny..."

The gangly colt glanced over at the unicorn mare, but, thankfully, she was busy sewing together curtains. He sighed, gently placing the hammer down so he could speak properly. "I know it seems weird, but she has a good heart. She just needs somepony as her friend, that's all. Besides," he lovingly nuzzled the filly, a playful smile on his face, "I have you."

She blushed, leaning forward and kissing him gently on the cheek. "Ya have a way with words, ya know that, Featherweight?"

Trixie had chosen that precise moment to glance up from her work, her face scrunched up in indignation. "Get a room,you two!"

Of course, this just led to the school ponies' blushes intensifying, scrambling to get back to work as quickly as possible. Trixie only sighed, getting back to her sewing, recalling a time when she was as happy as they were. She sniffed, wiping a solitary tear from her eye, scowling slightly at herself. "...stupid...nopony should see Trixie...me...cry..."


Spike sat down, calmly and quietly eating a bowl of baby blue sapphires. Sweetie had said they were a gift from Rarity, and she surely wouldn't lie, right?

Across from him sat a familiar silver filly, nervously glancing up at him. "...why do you want to talk to me, d-dragon?"

He raised an eyebrow, curious about her sudden stutter. "You know why. You have to look at this practically."

Her expression quickly became pained, tears forming in her eyes. "...p-please, no..."

His gaze became soft, looking into her violet eyes. "It's for the best. After all, you don't want to be considered-"

"I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY MANGA COLLECTION!!" She gasped for breath after her outburst, soon realizing that he wasn't just staring at her with shock. No, his eyes were filled with repressed humor. She shrank into her seat, blushing profusely. "...this isn't about that, is it?"

"Not even close." He sighed, scooting closer and wrapping an arm around her comfortingly. "Look, I understand how you think Tiara is going to always be there for you. How she seems like the only pony who gets you. The thing is, you are mistaken." He held up a hand, silencing her outburst before it could even begin to form in her mind. "It's not your fault. She has been telling you lies. She probably told you that being mean to ponies was the only way to be popular. What would she know about popularity? She has infamy - a bad thing. She makes fun of ponies if they just look at her funny. How do you suspect she'd react to your collection?"

The little filly sat there for a long moment, silently contemplating his words. Finally she closed her eyes, a single tear rolling down her cheek, landing on the dragon's claws. "...what do I do? She...she's the only friend I've ever had..."

He tilted her chin up, allowing her to see the compassionate smile on his lips. "Don't worry. I'll be your friend." He gently hugged her, softly whispering into her ear. "I've seen how you treat ponies when Tiara's not around. You give them food, clothes...heck, you even gave Lyra a new lyre." He pulled back enough to look into her eyes, a determination in his own. "You have a kind heart. You just have to let everypony else see it."

A warmth took root in her heart, setting her cheeks ablaze with its intensity. "...thank you, Spike..."

He chuckled, giving her one more hug. "No problem, Silver Spoon."


Darkness. All she could see is darkness. A click, and her flashlight switched on with a blinding light. Glancing around, she could tell she was in a factory of some kind. It was also raining. Hard. She turned to her three companions. The large unicorn stallion wearing a whistle and sports shirt was currently bandaging himself up, having been given a slight reprieve from the enemy, thanks to the lift.

Another, a teen-aged dragon, of all creatures, was currently holding a hoofball bat in his claws, glancing around while shifting slightly in his fancy white suit. She gave a small smile, thankful that he had almost always been there to save her whenever the foe overwhelmed her.

A sobbing could be heard drifting over the grinding of their enclosure. Her eyes widened, immediately realizing what that meant.

"Y'all better kill ya lights." Their last member, a rather short pegasus wearing a hoofball cap, quickly followed his own advice, and everything was once again dark.

Eventually, the lift reached the top and the doors opened, only to reveal the source of the crying noise just inches in front of them. There, curled up in a ball, was a diamond dog in rags, though, if one were to take a closer look, they'd realize they were no longer a regular creature. Its fur was falling out in places, and the fur on the top of its head had become long enough to cover its face.

"Witch." She silently moved along a wall, trying to avoid the infected creature. Just a little more, and then we can make a run for-

"Sweetie!"

With a cry of shock, the little filly lost her magical grip on the controller, dropping it and causing her character to shoot of a single shotgun round. This was enough to alert the enemy, and she quickly attacked, incapacitating her.

Sweetie groaned, pausing the game and turning to the purple unicorn that had interrupted her. "...yes, Twilight?"

She smiled at the filly, nodding her head towards the door. "You ready to hear the results?"

Sweetie sighed, getting up with exaggerated annoyance. An act that was betrayed by the mischievous gleam in her eye. "I am. Let's go, come on!" She rushed through the opening and past a chuckling mare who quietly followed.


Twilight, Fluttershy and Octavia sat between the Changeling Queen and the stubborn white filly. Twilight glanced at her two friends, noticing the timid pegasus's intense fascination with a ball with bands of rubber wrapped around it, as well as the gray mare's indifferent gaze.

The other two, however, were locked in an intense staring contest, daring the other to blink first and show who was superior.

Clearing her throat, Twilight stepped in between them, giving an uneasy smile. "So! Time for results!" She pulled out Vinyl's phone, which she left in the basement for some odd reason. Clicking through the menu, she counted up the votes, ignoring the ones that were just too odd. Finally, she looked up, and, pointing at the small white unicorn, smiled. "Sweetie won."

The little filly leaped up in joy, a cry of elation escaping her. "Yay!" She turned to the queen, who was frowning down at her. "I won. So you have to tell us were Dinky is and then leave. Got that?"

The black figure growled, but, knowing she didn't have a choice, stood and moved to the door, pausing just outside it and turning her head, smirking. "You'll find her where those two foals found the elements." With that, she took off, leaving behind a confused filly and three concerned mares.

Octavia stood up, sighing softly. "I'll go find her. You three have to stay here and take care of things." She marched off to the Everfree Forest, having been told about it before by the bookish unicorn.

The other three stood in silence, staring at each other without a clue as to what they could do next. Eventually, the yellow pegasus spoke up tentatively. "...the spa?"

The others nodded and, soon, they were off to get some relaxation.


Okay, so the reveal was kinda odd, but hey, she's not Vinyl. She's bound to make mistakes and act differently.

"...can't believe you let the Weeping Pegasi catch me..."

Sorry, but I thought it'd be interesting to let somepony else DJ for a bit. It wasn't Pinkie - be glad of that. Especially since she leaves your records all sticky.

Anyways, I made some friends at AnimeFest. Maybe it was because I was wearing a Soarin' cosplay. You should have seen this one girl. She saw me and started hyperventilating, and, from what her friend said, it was because I was dressed as I was, with a Wonderbolt jacket from Hot Topic and a Vinyl Scratch headband from the con.

Oh, and I need a title card for Golden Harvest for the next rap battle. Until then, I'll just be doing 'Alternate Aftermaths' of battles 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 13. Because I have nothing else right now. And I also have college. Which is probably why parts of this feel rushed. And, oh yeah, I'M GOING TO A BUCKING FOREIGNER CONCERT!! :DD

Have a nice day!

Enigma out.~


A solitary figure stood outside between two buildings, watching the gray mare leave the residence and head out of town. Slowly a grin began to grow on her face, blue eyes piercing through the shadows that hid her. "Soon..." She stepped back into the darkness of the alley, letting it envelop her as she did so...

PreviousChapters Next