• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 2,213 Views, 98 Comments

Forever Summer - Cold in Gardez



When you're a foal, the summer days last forever, and every one is an adventure. This is one such day.

  • ...
5
 98
 2,213

Rainbow Dash's Day

Rainbow Dash was engaged in her favorite pastime when Applejack and Rarity finally found her.

She was atop a cloud, limbs akimbo, stretched out in a position that would have been considered risque if anypony could see her, but she was on a cloud, and nopony could see her, so she could sleep however she wanted. Ha.

The summer sun was warm on her belly. The cloud was soft beneath her back. Wonderbolts filled her dreams – Wonderbolt stallions, to be specific – and she was having a wonderful day.

“Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash I know you’re up there!” Applejack’s voice drifted up from below.

Dash ignored it. She was good at that.

“Consarn it, Dash! Wake up!”

So it went for a while. She might have been able to ignore it for the rest of the day, had not Rarity’s voice joined Applejack’s.

“Rainbow Dash!” she shrieked, as only Rarity could. “Wake up right this instant!”

Ugh! Fine. Dash rolled to the edge of the cloud and glowered down. “What?”

“Have you seen our sisters?” Applejack yelled up at her. “I need to talk with them. Now.”

“I told you, she’s not my sister!” Dash shouted back.

“You know what I mean!”

“Regardless, where are they?” Rarity said. “I told Sweetie to go and play, not become a property-destroying ruffian.”

“Look, you two, I’m very busy today,” Dash said. “Can’t this wait?”

“Busy?” Applejack had the gall to look shocked. “Busy doing what? Napping? Today is supposed to be partly cloudy, but you’re sleeping on the only cloud in the sky!”

That was unfair. Dash scowled at them. “The forecast calls for variable weather!”

“Variable, or lazy weather?”

“What are you, the weather police?”

“No, but I can call them! You want that, Dash?”

Ugh, no, she didn’t. The weather police were harder to deal with than Rarity after a bad date. “Oh, for the love of… No, don’t call them. I’ll get some clouds. Just, you know, give me a minute.”

“And our sisters?” Rarity asked.

“Eh, I’m sure they’re fine. They couldn’t have gone far.” Before the two could respond, Rainbow Dash was in the air, zooming away to find a quieter cloud to finish her nap.

Comments ( 24 )

very cool story kinda lost but still cool

Georg #2 · Nov 8th, 2014 · · ·

I kept expecting this:
Sweetie: Rarity, this is my new friend. Her name is Miss--
Rarity: Eeeek! A spider! *wham!* *wham!*
Sweetie: --issy. Oh.
Scootaloo: Good thing we put the egg sack in your room where your sister won't find it.
Rarity: I'll miss my boutique. Get me a match.

Whoever disliked this is a sad, sad little pony. :applecry:

5242091

Scootaloo: Good thing we put the egg sack in your room where your sister won't find it.

Rarity: I'll miss my boutique. Get me a match.

I can just imagine Rarity arriving at Applejack's house that evening, slightly sooty and smelling of smoke:

Applejack: "What in tarnation?"
:applejackunsure:

Rarity: "Sweetie brought home a spider the size of my hoof and left it in my bed. The fire department should be around shortly to extinguish the blaze. May I stay with you tonight?"
:raritycry:

Goddammit. Now I want to be ten again.

(Fantastic stuff, although there was one part, shortly after Sweetie Belle pointed out the poisonous berries, where it felt like Apple Bloom was narrating, which confused me. That might just have been how I read it rather than how it was written.)

The weather police... Damn it, that's good.

Far be it from me to argue with Dash, but I'm sure there are plenty of pegasi that could manage to see you if you are napping on a cloud. Then again, considering the Wonderbolt daydreams, that may just have been unconsciously intentional.

Or possibly just consciously intentional, Dash has always been a fairly blunt and straightforward pony.

Tee hee, oh Dashie... :trollestia:

Wow, Rainbow Dash better watch out, I thought the Weather Police was just an Equestrian pop band that released "It's Raining Stallions" (They play it a lot at Wonderbolt shows).

Hey, what's up with Scoots? She can't join the Filly Scouts, Rainbow Dash doesn't want to be her sister, it's not Scootabuse, but it's definitely Scoota-latchkey foal.

*GASP*

I was not expecting an update. Just as life starts pulling me away, you go and reel me back in. (Seriously though, I've just been super busy.)

I can't wait for more Summer fun. I hate this in between weather we're having up here, it's bright as any perfect summer day should be, only it feels like you're being flash frozen the moment you set foot outside. ><

Anyhow, time to see what you gave us! :D

UPDATE:

Ponyville has no magic...
Nothing ever happens in Ponyville...
Ponyville is boring...

Scootaloo, whatever you deem excitement is probably even too much excitement for even the Mane 6 to handle.

Detours are Magic. So basically it was the equivalent of a magical alka seltzer. lol


Dash knows what's up. Comfy cloud (beanbag big enough to count as a small bed) and a comfy position with the sun beaming it's warmth on your belly while a nice gentle breeze ruffles your mane (hair), well when you reach that perfect comfort zone... Ponies can gawk all they want long as they do it from a distance. Dash is too cool to care. xD

As usual, more great stuff. Too tired to say anything really constructive or critical here, but just wanted to say I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to more.

Can I reprint it? (我能转载吗?)(Please reply to , or send mail to
:yc1479768426@hotmail.com)

She was atop a cloud, limbs akimbo, stretched out in a position that would have been considered risque if anypony could see her, but she was on a cloud, and nopony could see her, so she could sleep however she wanted. Ha.

The summer sun was warm on her belly. The cloud was soft beneath her back. Wonderbolts filled her dreams – Wonderbolt stallions, to be specific – and she was having a wonderful day.

:trixieshiftright:

Sounds like it's very hot up there. On the cloud. With Rainbow Dash.

That's quite a shift from foalish innocence to Rainbow Dash on a cloud having lots of "funny" dreams.
Very nice contrast. :rainbowderp:

Ah, finally catched up with that fic! I couldn't read it yet, because of the NaPoWriMo in November and the NATG in December and it was a pain to having to wait for reading it!
Excellent second part again, I couldn't wish for more! It's still the perfect fic for me! :applecry: :scootangel: :unsuresweetie: :heart:
Also, since Sunday I'm missing the summer a lot, cause I watched a video again that was posted on EQD at the beginning of June, which reminded me again painfully on it what opportunities I had missed the past summer because of stupid drama.
So, now this fic is even more perfect for me!

It's very good,I like it ......(I waiting for the update....)




(I'm Rainbow---Dash....)

>>yes,I‘m "MLP-Brony"

When's the next chapter coming out?

Hello from 2017, I would love it if there were more chapters or a sequel where we get to see the end of this adventure-filled day. Also, you should totally do a chapter on Miss Cheerilee. Great story, although it was difficult at times to know what was fantasy and what was reality (though that might just be where the magic of this story lies.)

Will this ever be continued?

9098819

I dunno. It only needs one more chapter and I already have ideas for it in my head, but other things always seem to get in the way.

Some month I should just dedicate to finishing all my incomplete stories. If only I had the willpower.

9099077
that's probably a good idea.

Well, for what's already written, I like it. Maybe this one will come full circle some day with a 'completed' tag.

This story was fun. Hopefully, one day it may be called complete.

Login or register to comment