• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 13,544 Views, 785 Comments

Equinophobia - eLLen



Human + The fear of horses + Equestria = A horrifying time in a land of happiness. A story of an out-of-place person adapting to her new enviroment.

  • ...
75
 785
 13,544

In Case You Missed It...

The first of two "what-if" stories have arrived. Equinophobia: Silvery Lies follows a scenarios that Celestia had taken up Ryan's faux offer to be transformed into a horse with a new set of memories to replace her own (this offer takes place in chapter twenty-one if you don't recall).

Equinophobia was the psychological fear of horses. Now it's gone along with the remnants of her person.

In her desperate and broken state of mind, Ryan had made the faux offer of being integrated into Equestrian society. She never realized the sun goddess would agree with her.

Memories stripped and replaced as she's morphed into a new form, the woman formerly known as Ryan becomes the mare known as Silverbolt.

However, not all the remains of her past can be so easily erased.

Stay tuned...

Comments ( 25 )

I'd actually suggest putting this in a blog post and tagging this story instead; it does the same thing, but isn't against the rules.

The moderators are going to delete this chapter if they notice it. Which is stupid, really, but that's what they'll do.

5685492 Because for completely arbitrary and ill-explained reasons, posting a chapter to notify readers of a sequel is considered "abuse" of the story publishing function. It's stupid and nonsensical, and they've never adequately explained it, but that's their excuse.

5685043 5685170 I'll delete it in maybe a week. I just want to get the word out.

5685528 i thought we had posted for that to be a feature, allowing stories marked as the sequel to notify stories marked as the prequel... Guess I'll send it in again. :applejackconfused:

5709333 that's great yea, but it's irrelevant when questioning if the story should stay in the language barrier folder or not.:unsuresweetie:

5735201 Trust me, I already know what you mean. When I wrote this chapter months ago, my inexperience in writing really shows.
This is one of two chapters that tend to cause a stir in the readers, the other one a little bit aways from here. Trust me, you'll know it when you read it. Like this chapter, if you can get past the problem, the story picks up again.

5952685 I realized something just now.

5952685 I babble on way too much. :rainbowlaugh: I start talking about one thing, then branch to a whole different topic.

I actually used to be deathly aftaid of horses. Mlp cured that. To an extent at least. I still fear standing near horses, but that's about it now.

6321707 I think you may have commented on the wrong story. :ajsmug:

6362268 Cool. :moustache:

So yeah, I know full well the story has problems. It really was one of my first stories, and I made a lot of mistakes (believe me, I can count all of them). If I'd written this now, it would be a lot better.

Thanks for reading what you did.

6715453 It gets phased out in a few chapters.

What's an "A-side"?

6742904 Nothing really. It's just a fancy label referencing records.

6788909
.... hmmm, good point I guess.

6971510
Well considering that they only have 3 teeth it is not that expensive to give them good dental.

pretty good story hoping to see more good content from you in the future :twilightsmile:

7282344 You have my sympathies.

Comment posted by Lunar Wrath deleted Jun 9th, 2016

7312695 I understand what kind of joke that is because of RvB, but I don't understand the meaning of the joke.

9956311
hey that's just me man, i like to experience the full immersion. im sure theres a way id enjoy those barriers.

A good read that I enjoyed.
Well written, good plot, fun moments.
If the sequel was an option is read it, but being what it is I'm not inclined to read a cancelled story.

Thumbs up

Definitely a unique take on the HiE genre, and I enjoyed it. I think you conveyed the phobia very well in the character, even if she wasn't always the most likeable.

Good job!~

Login or register to comment