• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,117 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,117

Chapters Next
1 Minions or Friends?

“Are yah sure about this?” Applejack asks, her uneasiness clear in her tone.

“They can be quite the handful,” Rarity adds.

“I’ll be fine now go, you’ll miss your train otherwise,” you reply.

“Alright, we’ll just say goodbye to the girls real quick.”

Rarity and Applejack go to say goodbye to their sisters before they have to head off to the Crystal Empire. Apparently, they have some urgent business up there and can’t take the girls with them, so you agreed to look after them while they were gone for the day. You even invited Scootaloo to come hang out with them. Those three are inseparable and mostly take care of themselves, so your main concern is the evil little filly watching from the window with a sinister grin. That look is putting you on edge a little. She gets along with the girls alright, but she’s not fond of letting anyone come around to the house. Yet when you told her they’d be visiting, she didn’t put up a fight. You know her too well to think she’s just being friendly; she has to be up to something.

“Bye Anon.” You look up from your train of thought as Applejack calls out to you.

“Bye. Say hi to Cadence and Shining for me,” you shout back. You wave to them as they leave and the three girls walk up to you.

“Howdy Anon, thanks for lookin’ after us,” Applebloom calls out.

“No problem. Moonie is just inside.”

You show them inside and when you step in, you look around for Moonie. She’s nowhere in sight and it’s eerily quiet.

“Hey Anon, where’s Moon?” Sweetie Belle questions as she wanders around the room.

“In her room, probably—”

“Greetings Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle.” Moonie steps into the room with a cheerful and charming tone, which only further increases your suspicions.

“Hiya Moon, did you wanna play?”

“Of course, I have some stuff in my room we can use.”

You give her a puzzled look as she leads them into her room. She doesn’t even like you going in that room half the time. Something is definitely up. You wait a few minutes before walking up the hallway to her room. As you get closer, you hear chanting and the steady beating of a drum few seconds. You gently lean on the door and peek in through the gap to see Moonie sitting on a kitchen table adorned with tin foil like it’s a throne.

Scootaloo is beating on a drum while wearing the same dark-hooded cloak as Sweetie Belle and Applebloom.

“Oh great Queen of the Night, what is your bidding?” Applebloom chants in a monotone voice.

“Your queen desires—”

You can’t let this continue so you open the door and stand there, cross armed with a stern look.

“Oh, Anon. What’s the matter?”

Moonie gives you a relaxed look, acting like this is all innocent and there's not evil context anywhere but you know better.

"What is all this?” you ask.

“A game,” Sweetie Belle squeaks.

You’ll think about how cute that is after you’ve put a stop to Moonie’s tyranny. Wait.

“A game?”

“Yeah, we were playing cults and templars,” Scootaloo announces.

“What kind of game is that?”

“It’s like cops and robbers, but with magic.”

“And who are the templars?” They all pause in thought, like they have suddenly realised what their game was missing.

“Anon,” Moonie jumps from her throne and looks up to you with big pleading eyes, “Can we go to the park, please?”

They all huddle up with the same look. Pouting lips with a slight quiver, bulging eyes that pierce your heart like a spear and they all say in unison, “Please?”

Before your heart overdoses on the cute, you raise your hands to admit defeat. “Okay, okay, we’ll go.”

The three proudly cheer and rush to the door. When you get to the lounge room, you notice Moonie laying out flat and the girls are nowhere in sight. Time for some teasing.

“I’m happy you’ve made some friends.”

“What? They aren’t my friends, just minions who have submitted to my will.”

“Oh, really?” you look off the distance and scratch your head, “I was thinking about inviting them over again soon, but if they aren’t your friends...”

You look in the corner of your eye to see her flinching, you can tell she’s thinking of how to get you to let them over without admitting anything. After letting her struggle for a few seconds, you walk to the door with a grin.

“I knew it. I’ll invite your friends over again when Rarity and Applejack get back.”

“I-I told you, they are minions and I am their Queen, no more.”

You say nothing more as you think about how proud you are. Moonie has friends, which is something you never thought to see.

---Some random amount of time later---

It's been quite draining looking after the CMC and you decide to finish off the day by taking them to the park with Moonie. They're playing some game that you aren't even paying attention to. You drift off for a few moments and are woken by Applejack and Rarity.

“Howdy Anon, the girls been behaving alright?" Applejack shouts from halfway across the park as she and Rarity.

“Yeah, no problems."

“Girls, it's time to go. Thank you again dear for looking after them today, I apologise if they've been a hoof full," Rarity exclaims with a hesitant expression.

You can tell the two are really worried, though you're not sure why though. The only one who was close to being a handful was Moonie, considering she was a few steps away from using Applebloom as the vessel for some god of evil.

“It's no problem, really. They get along with Moonie, so I'm happy to."

You wave as they head home before turning to Moonie, who is now laying down on the grass, spread out from exhaustion. You give a laugh before standing up. “Come on, let's go."

“Your Queen needs a moment’s rest."

“Moonie, we've been here all day, it's time to go home." She just looks up at you in silence with pleading eyes. You roll your eyes and lift her up into your arms. “Anon the Human, at your service, your majesty."

She giggles and shifts into a more comfortable position in your arms. “Onward."

It's a long walk home and Moonie takes a nap in your arms along the way. You look down at her sleeping face; she remains still apart from the rise and fall of her chest and her hair that never stops moving cascades over her face. She shouldn't be this cute.

Chapters Next