• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,116 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,116

PreviousChapters Next
93 There has to be something in the stocking that makes noise. Otherwise, what is 4:30am for?

"HAPPY HEARTH'S WARMING!"

The shrill shriek of delight comes across more as the great big horn the barbarian horde would blow before an ambush as Moonie leaps into the air and huddles into a ball before landing with extreme force onto your sleeping gut. You're unable to get a word out as all the air was forced out upon impact but you jolt enough to fall out of bed.

"You okay?" Moonie cackles.

Opening your eyes to groan and complain, you find yourself surrounded by the dark.

"What time is it?"

"Like 1:00 am."

"Why did you wake me then?"

"Cause it's Hearth's Warming and I want to open my presents."

"You know, normal families do this when the sun is up?"

"What part of us is normal? There's you human from another world and me a millennia old tyrant trapped in the form of a filly. Oh, and there's the freeloader."

Still laying face down on the ground, you spy in the corner of your eye Trixie, eating away at a peanut butter cup.

"If you're up, Trixie demands to know if we are opening gifts."

"YES! We are because that's two against one," Moonie jumps with glee on your bed.

"Since when did you follow the democratic way?"

"Since it helps me get my way but if that doesn't work then get your smelly butt up because I want to open presents."

With a squeal Moonie leaps off the bed and scampers down the hall.

"Trixie will see you out there."

"Thanks," you grumble as you try to pick your weary body off the floor.

Shuffling about, you get into the lounge room to slump into your chair. Moonie flicks on the tree lights which is a little blinding at first with all it's coloured hues. You look the gaudy thing over. It looks like a simple tree at first, if you take a very quick glance at it from the periphery; with tinsel, lights, and baubles. Sitting at the top is a skull, grinning there instead of anything even remotely traditional. Not a real one of course, a resin one though it looks kind of real at a glance.

And because Moonie got her way with an addition, Trixie had to get one. So she had her name spelt out in the lights. Naturally then Moonie wanted her name too. But that meant Moonie got two things. So Trixie put a wizard hat much like her own on top of the skull. Then Moonie got upset because her item was meant to be the highest thing on the tree. Even the memory of the argument those two had over three days is giving you a headache.

At some point they also decided to put your name in the tree, though you're not sure when and you're not about to ask when or why. It is kind of a nice thing for them to decide to do and you don't want to ruin that.

"Me first," Moonie shouts.

"What? No fair. Just for that, the generous and patient Trixie should go first."

Moonie pokes her tongue out but before Trixie can rise to the bait, you step in.

"How about we all open a gift each."

You hand each a present which neither wastes a second in tearing apart. Trixie gets her's out first. '1001 magic tricks! Including 25 props!' the box reads. She smiles at you and says thank you which is muffled under the maniacal laughter from Moonie. '1,000 toy soldiers' her box reads.

"THE ARMY HATH ASSEMBLED!"

"No, you have to do that," Trixie points out with glee.

This deflates Moonie a little.

"Really? What are sprues?" she asks as she looks at what Trixie is pointing to.

"You assemble the bits yourself and paint them. You can even mix and match these yourself," you shrug in an attempt to hide your unease at her sudden lack of interest, "Who knows, you could make one big army or make several."
This brightens her up a bit.

"Well... This makes it difficult. One legion under my banner would seem to be the best option but then what force would be the opposition."

"Good point."

"Yes, for what point is there in a warrior without war?!"

Moonie continues to monologue as you unwrap your gift which just so happens to be a joint gift from the two. And it's as if a golden light was shining from the box within as a broad smile stretches your jaw to the limit.

You got exactly what you wanted.

Author's Note:

It's a robanukah miracle. I got into a festive spirit for once and did a holiday-themed chapter. Maybe next year I'll do Krampusnacht.

Happy holidays folks.

PreviousChapters Next