• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,059 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,059

PreviousChapters Next
14 Under the stars

You and Moonie are sitting outside under the stars because you thought it'd be nice to eat outside for once. That, and Moonie always loves being out at night.

"Anon, do you enjoy the night?"

"Yeah, quite a lot. It's peaceful, beautiful and back home I was awake at night more than I was during the day. Why do you ask?"

"I've always thought that ponies spend too much time on such meaningless things and when I look up at the night sky, I feel tiny but I feel like there's more important things out there. The universe is ever expanding, infinite almost and we're here, stuck on our tiny rock worrying about how to have our manes or what we want to do for a living."

"Yeah..."

You're a little taken aback by this side of Moonie. As you sit beside her, she stares up towards the moon, lost completely by the soft white glow and its surrounding stars that twinkle gently as they dot the black canvas of the sky.

"Perhaps, if ponies took time to watch the night sky once in a while, if they'd just look up then they'd realise there's more important things to do."

"Like play dress up with their teddy bears?"

"Shu-Nevermind!"

PreviousChapters Next