• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,142 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,142

PreviousChapters Next
8 I need a hobby

You lean back into your chair after finishing the same book for the third time. As you stare at the ceiling, you realise you have no idea on what you should do next.

"I need a hobby," you say aloud to yourself.

"You filthy cheater!"

After the sudden outburst, Moonie storms out of her room and flops onto the couch with an irritated groan.

"Everything alright?"

"No. Mr Bearington has been cheating in chess."

You decide it's best not to question how she can lose to a stuffed bear let alone how he's able to cheat. Kids usually have an over-active imagination and Moonie is no different in that regard.

"Anon, I'm bored."

"Go shovel the snow off the footpath outside then."

"No, I don't want to."

"I guess you're not that bored then."

"You know, as your Queen, these menial labour tasks are your responsibility. I work very hard and you dare shovel a greater work load at me? It's like you don't even appreciate what I do around here."

You muffle a chuckle to make sure she doesn't hear or see you laughing. The last thing she needs is to discover that you find her rants like this, amusing. She'd never end.

"Moonie, do as you're told."

"I... I am the mistress of the night, darkness incarnate. My brilliant mind should be put to use ruling this feeble country and instead you want me to shovel snow?"

"The shovel is already outside for you."

With a grumble and a loud march, Moonie heads outside. Her rant however, is far from over. It doesn't take her long, magic speeds up the process of most jobs. You know exactly when she's finished because all you hear outside is her roaring cackle. Curious about what she's up to, you take a look outside where she's made a small fort on one side of the yard and made tiny snowponies on the other side.

"FIRE!"

She shouts again as she hurls snowballs directly at the snowponies. One hits the largest snowpony in the face, causing its head to fall off which sends Moonie into a laughing fit.
"Well, at least I'm not the only one who needs a hobby."

PreviousChapters Next