• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,057 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,057

PreviousChapters Next
61 I'll Show You Evil

"I AM THE TERROR, THE FEAR RESIDING IN THE NIGHT, THE ALL POWERFUL NIGHTMARE MOON," bellows the filly as she charges down the hallway.

"No running inside," you flatly reply as you do the dishes.

"You can't tell your Queen what to do. I'm evil!"

She is now at your foot, tugging at your pant leg for attention.

"More like a brat," you chuckle as you scoop up some bubbles and put it on her head.

"You dare call me a brat?"

"Yeah... Well, think about it. You don't actually do anything evil. You just make demands all day and yell about how evil you are when the most sinister thing you've done all week is stay up 15 minutes past bed time yesterday. Actually you have been incredibly well behaved lately."

"N-No... This cannot be," a wide-eyed Moonie says in disbelief, "I've lost touch."

She shakes her head a little from the shock, not enough to tip the bubbles off but just enough to have them wobble like jelly so you struggle to muffle any laughter.

"You're still cute though," you tease.

This earns you the fieriest glare from Moonie, the kind of eyes you haven't seen since she first arrived at your door. Internally, you feel a bit of worry starting to swell but externally you're all warm smiles.

"You shall regret making a mockery of me."

And with that she stomps out of the room, lifting her little hooves higher than necessary so she can stamp them even louder for the dramatic flair you’ve grown used to with her.


“DESPAIR!” Moonie barks as she slides into the bathroom doorway.

You’re grooming in the mirror after getting out the shower so you just use that to look behind you at her. Hovering overhead are three water balloons that Moonie immediately fires at high speed with her magic. They pop on contact, bursting causing the water to soak your already wet skin. Moonie looks upon you in pride.

“My favourite part is how your prank was considerate enough to get me in the bathroom, where I don’t really have to worry about the water.”

You point to the drain in the centre of the room where the water is already flowing into slowly. Moonie groans before she takes off. You just shake your head as you dry yourself off.

Once you’re finished in the bathroom, you walk down the hall where a Moonie hides around in corner in wait for you to reach the trip wire she has set. As you’re clueless to it, she lifts the rope and causes you to trip.

“EVIL!”

“More like minor inconvenience,” you reply as you pick yourself up.

“Blast—Oh, that gives me an idea.”

“Don’t break anything,” you flatly call out.


You’re sitting down reading the newspaper in the longue room as the pitter-patter of hooves trying poorly to sneak around can be heard behind you. Rather than worry, you ignore her and grab your glass of water that was resting on the side table next to you.
Moonie muffles a snicker behind your chair which draws your attention to the water that is now a light shade of red. Taking a smell check, you’re guessing she added hot sauce to your water. You sigh as you get ready to drink it so you can play along.

“Oh, no! Why is my water so hot—“

You leap from your chair and begin to fan your tongue. Honestly it’s not all that hot but you need Moonie to think she got you good so these pranks can stop for the night.

“I GOT YOU,” cheers Moonie.

She leaps out from her hiding spot to jeer at you as you run into the kitchen for some milk.

“Looking for something?”

Moonie gives you a smug smirk as you see the milk is missing.

“Where is it?” you say, pretending to be in pained desperation.

“Admit I’m evil—“

“You’re the most sinister, villainous creature I’ve ever met. I’m at your mercy, my queen.”

Content, she uses her magic to reveal the milk, pour a glass, and return the remainder to the fridge. You drink the contents heartily as Moonie wander off. Once she’s out of sight, you give a sigh of relief, knowing these lame pranks will be over now.


“Moonie, bed time,” you sing out.

“Okay,” a distant Moonie replies.

As you predicted there hasn’t been another prank so you’re able to wander to the bathroom without checking for trip wires. You step in the room and are about to the use the toilet when you notice a blockage and your heart sinks.

“Moonie. Trixie. Which of you didn’t flush?“

You hit the button on the toilet and it doesn't go down. Instead it jams and the water begins to flow as you panic, unable to stop the rising tide.

"WHO DIDN'T FLUSH?!"

“THE MORTIFIED AND APPAILED TRIXIE WOULD NEVER!”

“Moonie?”

There’s a brief pause before a familiar scene plays out of Moonie sliding into the bathroom doorway with her water balloons once again poised to fire.

“EVIL,” she bellows as she launches them at you.

“That’s it!”

She darts off with a high pitched squeal of a laugh as you give chase. It’s a poor decision as you slip on the wet tile but you quickly rise to scramble after the trouble maker for the rest of the night.

Author's Note:

I also drew a thing for this update


http://bradleyeighth.deviantart.com/art/Bubbles-659705543

PreviousChapters Next