• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,111 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,111

PreviousChapters Next
94 The Shoe is on the other Hoof

"Moonie, what are you sulking in here for?"

The linen closet door swings open revealing Trixie.

"How'd you know I was in here?"

"Magic," she shrugs.

"You know locator magic?" Actually a little impressed... Well, very impressed but you mask it well enough so she'd only think you're a little impressed.

Then she takes the corner of a sheet that was poking out from under the door and tucks it in.

"Yeah, sure. Anyway, come check check this out."

Trixie smiles before wandering off and there was something in it that has you curious. It wasn't a regular kind of happy though you're unable to place what it is exactly. Trixie leads you into backyard where her wagon sits. As the two of you enter, you're hit with the great musky smell of a room that has had someone in it for days without airing.

"You do have windows, right?"

Trixie lifts her nose and sniffs.

"Huh, guess the studious and busy Trixie didn't really notice it till now," she laughs like she's enjoying it, "That's pretty bad."

The two of you immediately set about opening the place up, even leaving the door open before Trixie gestures you over to a cauldron. It's the kind of cauldron you'd expect to see in some fairytale book with a witch over it almost.

"Trixie found this spell in one of Twilight's books. It lets you see other possibilities."

"Thought you could find a world where you're successful?" you jeer.

"Careful, or the generous and unforgiving Trixie will not let you see what she found."

Curious you raise a brow, knowing full well that Trixie could never let a silence go by without filling it with boasting.

"While looking into the infinite universe's woven web of possibilities, I, Trixie, found a universe where you and Anon have your roles reversed."

"What?!"

"Yeah. You Nightmare Moon are the adult and Anonymous the child."

"How did that happen?"

"Well, I was going from one probability--"

"I don't care about the spell, I want to know how I could, as an adult, adopt some ugly little alien from another world?"

Trixie shrugs, "I can't exactly look into the past and future in these scenarios. It all carries out as if it's another world like ours and I've not overheard anyone talk about it."

You click your tongue in frustration. That'd be something interesting but you press Trixie onward to get her moment of self-appreciation out of the way before looming over the cauldron to watch.


"ANONYMOUS!"

The house is silent. The adult Nightmare Moon rolls her eyes as she walks into a room full of toys spread out all over the floor. Using her magic she scoops them up to dump into a chest before searching.


"Ugh, that me spoils him way too much."

Trixie just rolls her eyes, refusing to comment on the fact that you have just as many toys as kid Anon.

"Just watch."


"Bath," bellows Nightmare Moon as she lifts up the bed to find a gleefully screaming human child.

"Only if you give me a donut."

"HA! Like I'd fall for that again."

"For a snack."

"We both know you wouldn't eat it. Now, bath."

The human gets up to scurry away as Nightmare Moon watches but the second he turns the wrong direction she lifts him up with magic and carries him like that.

"Magic is cheating," he chimes in one of those irritating sing-song ways.

Once he is placed down in the bathroom Nightmare Moon glares at him. He smiles sheepishly then begins to undress as Nightmare Moon closes the door. She sighs.

"When is dinner?" asks a familiar voice, "Trixie is hungry."


"WHAT?! Will we never be rid of you?" You screech at Trixie from across the cauldron.

The mare just stares unenthusiastic ally at you.

"Oh, settle down. It was just a joke."

The stare continues.

"Fine, I'll shut up and watch."


Once dinner is ready, the three sit down and eat. You're not sure what it is they're eating. It's like a sludge with various oddities floating about along a side of something leafy. One one hand it's funny knowing that your creative cooking skills are universal but on the other hand you're a little annoyed at the other you for whatever that is.

"HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!" Trixie screams.

"ANON! Stop picking your nose."

A thick pale green glob comes out on his finger as he grins at Trixie.

"The doctor says it's good for my immune system," he continues to grin as he slowly brings closer to his mouth, all the while other Trixie is yelling no over and over.

"If you're so hungry, eat what's in front of you," scolds Nightmare Moon as she magics over a tissue to wipe off the nugget.

But as soon as Nightmare Moon turns away, Anon's finger goes right back up. Trixie naturally yells about it but the finger is out as soon Nightmare even turns to look.


"What's going on in here?" Says Anon as he wanders into the wagon.

"I'm realising how I'm glad I am that I'm not the parent here."

"And why is that?" He asks, slightly offended.

"Cause then I'd be the one with those circles under your eyes. You're exhausting as a child."

"You wanna explain?" He asks Trixie.

She rolls her eyes then takes the opportunity to boast about herself, this time leaving out the part where she got it from one of Twilight's books. Then Anon watches with you. Occasionally when adult you does something annoying you indulge the urge to point out his equivalent of it or how he does the same thing. Like making you go to bed when you're not tired. So he in turn points out every time kid him does something annoying what your version of that is. Except the nose picking thing. That nastiness is all him it seems.

PreviousChapters Next