• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,111 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,111

PreviousChapters Next
10 Dinner Time Antics

"Anonymous, I'm hungry," cries the filly of terror at your side while you read the paper.

"Hi hungry, I'm Anon."

You drop the paper as a sense of dread washes over you. You've made a dad joke.

"Oh god. I'm turning!"

You drift out of reality, for how long? You're not sure. But long enough for Moonie to climb up onto the counter and start digging a hoof into the cookie jar. You lift her up and put the lid back on the jar.

"HEY! I was about to get a cookie."

"I can tell. You're not having cookies, I'll be making dinner soon so you're not filling up on junk."

"Can't I have just one?"

"No, now go play until tea is ready."

After you leave her in the lounge room, she begins to play with Sir Bearington but you know what she's like. She's scheming something. Just as you predicted, she's creeping low into the kitchen. You pretend you're none the wiser as you cut up some salad until you hear her lift the cookie jar.

As you spin around, you frighten her and she lets it slip out of her magic grip. Luckily, you're able to save it in time and Moonie has made a mad dash out of the room before you have a chance to tell her off. You just get back to making dinner and wait until attempt three. It takes her quite a while before she tries again. You've already finished serving the food when she comes sliding into the room inside a box with leaves and sticks taped too.

"If this is the best you've got then I don't see how so many ponies were terrified of you," you state as you lift the box up to reveal Sir Bearington.

You spin around to the cookie jar to see Moonie grinning at you.

"If that's how easy it is to fool you, then I can see why nopony was ever afraid of you," she retorts as she shoves and hoof into the jar.

You just let her go, grinning as she realises there are no cookies in the jar.

"What have you done with them you fiend?"

"I hid them because dinner is ready, you can have a couple when you've finished eating everything."

She gives a defeated pout as she walks over to her chair at the table, still scanning the room, most likely to guess where you'd hide the cookies.

"If you don't eat all your food, I'll eat all the cookies myself."

She immediately perks up and digs in.
-----

You're washing the dishes from tea while Moonie is laughing up a storm. After a while you hear a loud thud followed by yelling. You rush into the room to see Moonie on the floor reaching up towards Sir Bearington who is still on the chair.

"Go on without me, Sir Bearington, it's too late for me!"

She writhes and wriggles around while making sounds of pain and death. You just stare at her until she notices you and gives you a sheepish smile.

"How can your Queen be of assistance?"

"What are you doing?"

"Pretending the floor is lava. I fell and now a slow, agonising death is my reward for failure."

You shake your head with a smile and head back to the kitchen.

"Alright, round two," she cries out before immediately falling again.

You can't help but laugh as you return to the dishes.

PreviousChapters Next