• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,153 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,153

PreviousChapters Next
56 Stay

“I’m home,” you tiredly state as you stumble inside.

The lounge chair faces away from the door so you don’t notice Trixie’s presence until she pokes her head out from the side as she stuff her face with a floating sandwich.

“Oh, hey. It’s been a while.”

“Thanks for noticing,” you shrug as you toss aside your luggage.

“Where’d you go?” Trixie asks as she bites into her snack.

“The Mayor had me visit a few towns with her for the upcoming--Hang on, I told you this before I left?”

With a sharp exhale you slump onto the couch so your body can thank you for finally getting some rest. The past week has been long, and incredibly taxing. Mayor Mare is a slave driver some times, but it all pays off in the end.

“Even a mare so wise and wonderful as Trixie forgets things from time to time.”

“How was the trip?” Awkwardly asks a tiny voice beside you.

Beside you is the little terror of the twilight, the mischief-maker of the moon, also known as the ne’er do well of the night. She looks up at you curiously and your instinctively figure she’s up to something. Meanwhile you are completely unaware to her true goals and horror of her actual intentions.

“Long.”

Moonie waits before she snaps to the realisation that was all you were going to say.

“What, that’s it?”

“What are you expecting me to say? You’ve always found my work boring.”

“Well, not today. So bore away Anon!”

She cheerfully beams at you but you’re a little too tired to play along with that idea. So instead you slump over onto her.

“ANON!” She squeals and laughs while she struggles to get out from under you, “You’re really heavy.”

“Are you saying I’m fat?”

You wriggle as you try to put more weight into it. Moonie’s struggles get weaker as time goes on, eventually it’s just her hind legs that are stuck under you. So using her front legs to brace herself up, she glares at you.

“What?”

“Get up.”

“I’ve been slaving away for a whole week. I come home, positively exhausted and barely able to stand and you want me to move about after finally being able to rest?”

You sigh deeply, placing a hand on your forehead as you try to sound as dramatically miserable as possible

“You can be lazy all you want,” she groans while giving another unsuccessful heave, “just not on my legs.”

She uses her magic to grab the couch cushion your head was on to smother you with it. You decide that’s enough and roll sideways to free her. Moonie decides with her new found freedom to jump on top of you instead of fleeing to your surprise.

“Tell you what, because you’re so tired, why don’t I make dinner?”

She beams proudly at you.

“No!” You abruptly state while jolting upright.

You shove Moonie aside and make a quick dinner for two that you hand to Trixie and Moonie sitting at the table in waiting.

“Not eating?” The sloppy and piggy Trixie asks with a mouth full of food.

“Nah, I’m actually going to pass out. I’m seriously exhausted from everything. And don’t do that.”

Trixie mockingly opens her mouth to show what she was in the middle of chewing. Thankfully, Moonie uses her magic to shut it.

“Nobody wants to see that,” reels Moonie.

“Goodnight,” you say as you head off.

Lifting the covers, you slide into bed and begin dozing off. From what you can tell, it’s only a few minutes until Moonie creeps in. At this point you’re half asleep, barely even able to tell if it’s actually happening. Moonie softly flutters up onto the bed and looks at you closely.

“Hm,” she murmurs before curling up beside you.

Her back is pressed against yours so you can feel her warmth and steady breathing that you take a content comfort in as you fade the rest of the way into a dreamless slumber.

PreviousChapters Next